Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Hippie Chic True Religion for women

Hippie Chic True Religion for women
dislike

Hippie Chic True Religion for women Pictures

True Religion Hippie Chic is a fun and playful fragrance inspired by the rebellious era in America and the hippie movement. Designed for carefree, daring and free-spirited women, this perfume is made of fruit, flowers woody notes and musk. The composition is signed by Ellen Molner.

Top notes: raspberry, pomegranate and Fuji apple. Heart: hibiscus, jasmine and lily of the valley. Base: woody notes and musk.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Hippie Chic was launched in 2011.

Red Apple Raspberry Pomegranate

Forbidden Affair

Hippie Chic Fragrance Reviews

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is a nice fresh scent, but it also smells like candy and plastic flowers. It reminds me of a kids shampoo. I can see this working well for young girls, but since I'm in my 30's I don't think it's for me.

Carnation
Carnation

I honestly can say that this perfume was completely named wrong.It also was done wrong as well. In no way does this denote "hippie chic". In fact, it smells like plastic flowers over cocktail syrup. This could have been engineered so much better. Patchouli and incense, two substances synonomous with hippie counterculture are unbelievably missing from this concoction. I have been around real hippies and they and their world smelled nothing even resembling this. What a disappointment.

Raidell
Raidell

I smelled this on a test strip in the store and I really liked it, but I just couldn't quite place why it smelled so familiar. Then it hit me: LAUNDRY DETERGENT! Not the icky soapy detergent, just the light, bright, uplifting smell of walking by someone's open window in the evening when they're running a load of laundry and using some fabric softener called "Sunshine Meadow" or something. Bright, clean, sorta citrus-fruity. I wouldn't ever choose to call it Hippie anything, but then again, I only smelled it for a few minutes on a test strip. Maybe wearing it would make it different...

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I really have no idea what a hippie chic smell is, this fragrance starts off with a burst of citrus-floral kick that smells familiar, its like something I had before.. yes, Paris Hilton 's Paris Hilton.. Nice but a bit sweet to my nose. Alas, the scent was good till it lasted, a good 4 hours on my skin...hmmm..

a 3.5 of 5 for me. Good for office - day time use.. but not much of a keeper. :(

pravda48
pravda48

I've realized I really dislike pomegranate in fragrances. But this is a light, semi-sweet apple blossom type smell with what I'd call a 'cool/refreshing' pomegranate mixed equal parts. It's nice, I could see it being an easy go-to day perfume for any woman.

hvgens
hvgens

Am i the only one who can't stand this perfume? I bought the 100ml one about 2 years ago and I have used this like 8 times. Every time I spray this on myself I regret it because it smells so unoriginal and ugh I just hate it. It doesn't smell fruity to me for some strange reason I can only smell some disgusting flower smell with some cheap ass fruits in it. I don't know it gives me a headache and its so overpriced. Honestly drugstore perfumes are better than this nasty mess.

nadine23
nadine23

On me, this smells just like Ralph by Ralph Lauren which
i already own, so i am not going to buy it but it smells very good.

siauseque
siauseque

I was a hippie chick. I did not smell like this.

mjhowers
mjhowers

Hippie Chic is a wonderful fragrance. Starts with the crisp green apple, leads into subtle hints of jasmine and lingers with Lily of the Valley & musks on me and I simply adore it! Reminds me of Avon's Secrets to Keep (usa version) only True Religions version is more grown up for this Hippie girl :)

Ashes19
Ashes19

One of my absolute favorites! Very sweet and pretty. As another reviewer put it, "youthful and unoffensive", my go-to for day wear.

brenda.arellano001
brenda.arellano001

While it smells nice and fresh,it is so common. This is one of those unoriginal, grossly overpriced, and smartly advertised perfumes. I enjoyed many aspects of the perfume from the packaging, to the bottle and charms. It's certainly nothing special, and certainly nhing I've never smelled before. This scent has been redone to death--sometimes better, sometimes worse. I tested it once (after purchasing) and immediately donated it to my sister. The staying power is next to nil. It may perhaps stay longer on clothing versus skin. An identical match-- with crisper notes and greater sillage and longevity-- would be Ralph by Ralph Lauren. Snatch it up if you love fresh, bright, fruity florals, and are fortunate to find it in any discount store for under $20; if you pay a cent over that, you've been had. (Love Hope Denim is of much better quality.)

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

I loved the fruity aspect - the raspberry and apple are very prominent - and if you get close, it has a "green" scent on the same line as Peace, Love, and Juicy. I thought at first I loved it, but in my opinion, it has a lot of staying power and is a bit too heavy for me. If you want more fruit than green, go with this. If you want a more green scent, definitely go with Peace, Love, and Juicy. I think it would be much better suited for spring, because it's a bit too heavy for summer, but too fresh for winter. Just realized it also smells A LOT like Coach Poppy!! Smell all three, you might find what you're looking for if one of the 3 isn't quite right.

Luxury Gal
Luxury Gal

It has a light fruity/flowerly scent, very much like a body spray. If you don't like heavy musky sprays, then this might suit you. I like it, I find it very fresh and airy as well.

jfps1975
jfps1975

I can't help but enjoy this fragrance tremendously, though, as many others have previously stated, the name is very misleading. It's a fruity, fresh scent on me and it would be better suited with a name such as 'Femme fraîche et fruitée' or some such thing!! It is very whimsical and youthful, unoffensive, innocent and very pleasant overall. Definitely a daytime frag IMHO. If there was a bit more depth and mystery in the drydown, I would find it much more versatile.

A hard to overlook negative is the weak sillage. The drydown is nearly non-existent on me. Though, I do get a wonderfully complex effervescence after the initial overwhelming (but delightful!) fruity notes dissipate. Sadly, I find myself having to spray it repeatedly.

negasarah
negasarah

I like this smell but I think I will seldom wear it. The heavier notes smell bittersweet but the fruity notes are clean smelling. For me I think it's a little too sweet. Overall it is nice it seems like a springtime perfume for wearing during the day.

almarie
almarie

I love wearing this in the winter. It lasts all day and smells delicious!

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Airy, light, fresh and fruity but sadly, gone in a hour.
add. this is so great. It's puppies, frolicking kittens, daffodils and daisies, apple pie and sunshine on a green field of flowers. Peace and love!

karenrobert
karenrobert

this is one of my favorite perfume of all time.I've had Chanel, Kenzo, Gucci in the past but they all smell so synthetic giving me a head ache. This perfume is sweet , clean , and healhty. When I first tried this fragrant, I couldn't tell the difference between Hippie Chic and the discontinued You Sexy thing from Sexy Little Things line of Victoria's Secret perfumes. Sexy Little thing has been discontinued so this is almost an identical match in my opinion for those who loved Sexy Little things. I do not find Hippie Chic smelling too much like Ralph. Ralph is similar but Ralph is more head ache inducing artificial synthetic smelling. I can see old people hating this perfume and younger girls loving it.

thejennysaurus
thejennysaurus

This is the very first perfume that I bought for myself. When it's on me it almost smells more citrusy than fruity, and it smells super fresh. I always find myself reaching for this one over my other fragrances.

damewolf13
damewolf13

Mmmmmmm.....fresh crisp apples with just a bit of a sweet floral bouquet. This fragrance brings to mind the first crisp fall wind, and the promise of cooler weather to come. It is like a breath of crisp air in the middle of an apple orchard, on a brisk autumn harvest morning. This scent is exhilirating!
The projection is good, but never overpowering, and the longevity is about 3 to 4 hours.

Norgirl
Norgirl

So so so so sweet . fruity floral for girls :)fresh and fruity. Well i see that many says this is close to Ralp by Ralph Lauren . in away it is , but to me this is even more sweet . fresh , clean and fun for thouse who like the fruity stuff;)

Tiktak
Tiktak

I really like this one. To me it smells like cranberries. Fruity but not too sweet. Tart without a sour aftersmell. I just smell a tiny bit of floral. I will definitely buy again when I use this out.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

Way too sweet for me.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

I like this fragrance for young girls who are just starting out in the fragrance world. I wouldn't purchase this myself, but it is nice. It doesn't have that "hippie" vibe. Hippie to me would smell like patchouli oil, incense, and maybe some dark fruits. This smells like something I would use in my bubble bath. It's very fruity and very clean. I think the name for this should be something other than 'Hippie Chic'

Sanny
Sanny

Great scent but does not last long...

Ditto25
Ditto25

A nice, floral scent. It isn't exactly a "wow" perfume, but it is one I had to have. I like it. It is very feminine slightly fruity and floral. I don't really feel a "hippie" scent to it. Maybe flower child would be a prettier name for this. It is a casual fragrance, but I disagree with some who say it doesn't laste long. I found it quite long lasting. But I am a person who uses very generic unscented lotions and deodorant. I also limit my use of them. I notice that women who tend to wear scented lotions/deodorants/hairspray/hair products along with perfume seem to lose the scent.

Anëllena
Anëllena

This is a nice perfume,a bit too sweet and it smells exactly like the Rimmel London Glam Perfume!
So if you want this perfume you might as well buy the Rimmel one instead because it smells identical and you get to save money!

radicaleah
radicaleah

It smells so beautiful but doesn't last very long. I really feel like I've wasted my money. It's turned into my work perfume. At first, it smells wonderfully sharp and fresh. A bit fruity, but not overly fruity like all the others on the market. It's a truly "pretty" scent. But it fades after 20 minutes. 80 bucks down the drain.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I found this perfume to be very much to my liking! I recevied it as a sample and am quite impressed with it overall. The prominent fruit impression of the fragrance is not overly sweet or bitter; it is just right! The apple and raspberry play very nice together, with little musk or spice to speak of. It is clean, crispy and feminine, without being ozonic or sharp.

Even at the end of the day I can faintly smell the perfume on my wrists and decolletage, and that is say a lot because my skin absorbs most scents without a trace of fragrance.

The only thing off-putting about this pefume is the name. I would have expected patchouli, musk and spice, but that isn't the case at all. I would have walked right by this perfume at a shop because of the name and packaging. However, having sampled it, I will be seeking out this fragrance and giving it a try.

Perfumian Girl 7
Perfumian Girl 7

This is a really nice fruity floral scent. I smell jasmine which gives it a light airy scent. I totally like. Thumbs up!

Turtledove
Turtledove

I like this! It's a light, fresh fruity floral, quite a bit more fruity than floral, but not too sweet or syrupy. I mostly get apple and juicy pomegranate, with a little hint of flowers. The apple lasts for a long while too, it's the delicious fresh-sweet-crispy kind. Very breezy and carefree.

I think this isn't supposed to literally be like something that hippies would wear necessarily, but more of an interpretation of the youthful, carefree flowerchild idea.

aprilchild
aprilchild

I'm waiting for this to arrive in the mail right now! A few months ago ulta sent out a catalog and it had a sample of this inside and i fell in love! then a few days ago i was at macy's and tried some on and i absolutely loved it. On me the perfume smells almost a bit citrus-y and i really love it! everyone is right about the scent not lasting too long (maybe 2-3 hours) so the purse spray is a must! But overall its a great perfume and usually i would never EVER spend so much money on a perfume but this was actually worth it.

jocoreed
jocoreed

great for any age, mostly for the young. fun,fruity, very summer if that makes any sense. but i really loved it!

cocobella
cocobella

got a mini of it.. its a fresh fruity floral. not bad but not very special. i think it is great for young girls.

TRUE RELIGION is one of those companies that (I think) is extremely overpriced, but consistently when I see their stuff I say: "WOW! That's really cool!". I am very happy with their fragrances, and can actually say I like everything I have smelled that they have released thus far. I love how the slogan for their fragrances is "FASHION FOR THE SENSES"! And, really, isn't that what perfumes are??

I, too, expected some earthy oriental floral with lots of dark exotic woods from something named HIPPIE CHIC. After seeing the name in print (for the first time) I thought it was "hippy sheek" (French for "fancy") but judging by the girl on the gift set; it IS indeed CHICK. HC opens with a lovely apple note (Fuji and Gala apples are my favorites), with a sweet raspberry vibe and the tartness of pomegranates. Fruity florals, at least these days, are a dime a dozen; but this has a very interesting opening which, though similar to RL's RALPH is a bit more carefree and bright. The flowers in the heart are a lovely balance of clear "green" muguet and warm tropical hibiscus, underpinned with a soft, but "light" and playful jasmine. Indeed, very feminine, it dries down to something vaguely woody and not all that musky. Here, I do not get the "dirty hippy" impression at all; but the type of "all natural" vegan girl who buys organic, locally-grown fresh fruits at a farmer's market, wears fresh flowers in her hair and wears comfortable clothing made of all natural fibres and would rather smell clean and fresh, from natural essential oils, than douse herslf in some god-awful cheap patchouli. A TRUE hippy loves Mother Nature, embraces life and tries to become "one" with Her. Hippie Chic does that...simply, succinctly and with a smile on her face.

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 3.5/5

I LOVE the way True Religion optimistically "portrays" a girl who just happens to be a hippy: naturally, sweetly and without ANY of the "dated" trappings associated with that movement. She still hugs trees, dances in the rain, thinks globally but acts locally. This is the 21st century, and she may still be "groovy" but she does not have to smell like she went to Woodstock, smoked a ton of cannabis and wears incense oils instead of bathing. Though Hippie Chic is nothing ground-breaking or all that different, it is something utterly refreshing and gives a very "new" spin to a style that had become rather trite and "tired". THIS hippy wears tie dyes because she LIKES the colors and NOT because everyone else is doing it. She is delightful and I really "dig" her...

Far out, Maaaaan! *gives peace sign*

Twinkleberry
Twinkleberry

This fragrance is identical to Ralph.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

Not really a "flower power" hippie vibe, but I really enjoy wearing this perfume. It has a very fruity, fresh scent. It is light and not the most long lasting perfume I have ever worn. I have the purse size spary and need to reapply during lunch to make it last all day. Overall just a nice, clean wearing perfume with a nice big price tag.....

bebejaxx
bebejaxx

it really does smell just like Ralph by Ralph Lauren. It smells good at first but it is almost too light of a scent and I agree it doesn't stay. I wish I would've saved my money.

darcy2
darcy2

I have not smelled this yet, but if it is going to be a truly "Hippy" fragrance, it needs to include patchouli in the formula. I wore a several scents in the late 60's and early 70's - I was 12 in 1968 and just starting to wear fragrances. I am a little too young to be a true hippie, but I hung out with them. As I recall, almost all of them were wearing patchouli oil, that was all the rage. I was in CT and NYC during this time. Maybe one of our members from the west coast, the Haight-Ashbury district can tell us what real hippies wore for fragrance out there! May be I'll post that as a new topic!

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

Hippie Chic smells like a fruit market. (Do Hippies really eat lots of fruit?) Lol... I found it to be over all pleasant.

Just another boring boring floral fruity. I can't "see" anything hippie or 70s in this scent. It's a disappointment like the first True Religion scent.

babyphat2011
babyphat2011

ZERO STAYING POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lotion that came with it in the gift set I purchased @ Macys ZERO SHIMMER & its suppose to be a shimmer lotion!!!!!!!!!!!!

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

I love this perfume I had got a sample at macys months ago and its very clean.Love to pair this with bath and body works new into the wild lotion. It smells so good but I do agree that the staying power could be better.

mmarrs
mmarrs

I love the Fantastic Top Notes in this Jasmine Maybe? A very fresh floral Smells heavenly After wearing it for a few weeks My only complaint is it doesn't have any staying power to justify the price it fades away after 1 hr of wearing very disappointed. Its no better than a body spray

Megzyb12
Megzyb12

I think I am allergic to this...makes my skin all itchy ..not to mention it's staying power is zero.

GACKTlover
GACKTlover

I sprayed it on to see what it smelled like on me and I really like it . It is light and young and hip

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I like the opening. It was very fruity and I could easily detect the apple, pomegranate, and raspberry, but the heart notes feel too aquatic to me and I could swear I smell lotus. This is a floral fruity for floral aquatic lovers. Unfortunately, it's just not for me.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I smelled this today..I own Born Wild by Ed Hardy. Well, I actually had to look twice to make sure I had the right perfume. They smell IDENTICAL...i swear they smell EXACTLY THE SAME.......strange, very strange.

caylarhene
caylarhene

it smells very clean

Adorabella
Adorabella

I got this as a sample with a perfume purchase. It smells almost exactly like Ralph (the one in the turquoise bottle). I wore it a few times and it was pleasant but nothing original. I will not be purchasing.

ashsnyde04
ashsnyde04

I tried this on at Macy's today. It smelled amazing... very fresh and fruity, but within 10 minutes I could not smell it on me. It had absolutely no silage and was more like a body spray than an eau de parfum! Even the sales clerk said that she could not smell anything after I sprayed it on me. Very disappointed :o(

secretcrush
secretcrush

smells like RALPH...

Hippie Chic by True Religion 3.82 out of 5 based on 186 ratings and 52 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.25oz
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .25 OZ MINI UNBOXED
EDP Mini 0.25oz
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
allbeauty.com
29.00 GBP
True Religion Hippie Chic Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml
True Religion Hippie Chic Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
EDP Mini 3.4oz
TRUE RELIGION HIPPIE CHIC for WOMEN by True Religion SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ SHIMMERING BODY LOTION 3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3 OZ EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .25 OZ MINI
True Religion Hippie Chic Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
True Religion 'Hippie Chic' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
Eau De Parfum
True Religion 'Hippie Chic' Eau de Parfum
True Religion 'Hippie Chic' Eau de Parfum
True Religion Hippie Chic Perfume by True Religion, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
True Religion Hippie Chic Perfume by True Religion, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about True Religion Hippie Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about True Religion Hippie Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hippie Chic by True Religion. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hippie Chic by True Religion represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.