Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

True Religion True Religion for women

True Religion True Religion for women
dislike

True Religion True Religion for women Pictures True Religion True Religion for women Pictures True Religion True Religion for women Pictures True Religion True Religion for women Pictures

Brand True Religion was founded by Jeffrey Lubell in 2002, with an intention to present authentic American style which reminds us of the 70es jeans, and redefines more modern way with chic details.

In today's time, besides high-quality jeans,True Religion spreads their offer on other clothing items in vintage style. The point of all creations is to fit to the body perfectly and to possess timeless style together with hippie -bohemican chic details which make their creations unique.

Perfume True Religion was presented in 2008 and is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Its flacon is made of blurry glass, with silver carved stopper and silver detail with large crystal on the central part of the flacon.

The concept of this edition is 'fragrance for all senses', perfect for daily and evening use, leaving clean and refreshing accords by traveling through this fragrant composition.

It was created of aromas which introduce clear waves of luminous and fresh fruit, adding floral harmony of bitter-sweet nuances of pear blossom, with a finish of hot wood and sensual musk fondling your skin.

Top notes include: apple, red currant, violet leaves, mandarin and bergamot. Heart: amarylis,freesia, plum. Base notes: Hinoki, amber, cedar. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Green Apple Mandarin Orange Violet Leaf Red Currant Bergamot

Amaryllis Freesia Plum Pear Blossom

Amber Hinoki Wood Virginia Cedar

Burberry Summer
Omnia Crystalline

True Religion Fragrance Reviews

tootsie_masuhker
tootsie_masuhker

I dont care what anybody has to say about this perfume. I like it.
This perfume smells good.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

I heard this is discontinued so I've been running around buying every bottle I can find! I really like this one. Very wearable. Reminds me a lot of D&G Light Blue. Light, crisp, clean.

mightypog
mightypog

A friend gave me a bottle because she wasn't crazy about it and now I'm not crazy about it.
Very cool, green smelling thing, with green apple, certainly.
Very modern scent, but this belongs to an entire school of scents about which I can't get excited. Thin and watery and fresh, fruit and flowers, sort of virginal.
I use it for room spray. My office smells nice and fresh.

natluvly
natluvly

Just got this and have only worn it 2 days but I REALLY like this. This is very simple but has a kick that I can say is almost a bit sultry. I love that this is not strong bit has presence. Like I think I don't smell it anymore and then throughout the day you just get pleasant whiffs. This is almost like a tonic or cologne for women. It sits on the skin but radiates at the right time.

This has a comfortable feel and makes me feel confident which is unexpected from the scent alone...that makes me like it even more. I like that this feels like you're not wearing perfume but you smell pleasant. That may not be what everyone is going for when they wear perfume but lately its what I've been craving so if thats you, you may love this one. I think it's becoming that for me...a love!!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I found a brand new box set of this for only ten dollars. I couldn't pass it up, although I wasn't sure it was my thing. It turns out it is pretty non offensive, but it just doesn't have hardly any sillage or longevity. If I'd paid full price for this, I'd be upset. Even when you just spray, it's light, almost like a body spray. The bottle is really pretty though. It's heavy and the frosted glass is so pretty. I have True Religion's Peace Love & Denim, and it has huge sillage and longevity. For those that like a super light, inoffensive perfume, this could be it for you. For me it has almost a watery or ozonic smell to it.

pravda48
pravda48

I used to work at The Buckle (where they sell True Religion products) and this perfume + Ed Hardy's Love & Luck are what Buckle will always smell like in my memory...

but the scent? It's almost plasticy. If there was a 'meh' button I'd choose that. Nondescript, not much sillage/longevity (on myself) and just not very memorable. Also very synthetic. But as always, test and maybe it's meant for YOUR skin not mine =)

Sugarberries
Sugarberries

I have been a designer perfume addict since the late 80's when I sprayed a sample of Cher Uninhibited on my shirt and 2 days later I found that shirt in the closet still smelling that lovely fragrance. Lasting power is the #1 reason to buy designer. I now own more scents than any one woman needs (I may have a problem) and the smell of True Religion may very well be my favorite of all as far as the scent goes. However I am terribly disappointed at it's lack of lasting power. A large bottle does not last even half the time my others do because you have to respray often. The scent is pretty much gone after 30 mins. If not for that this perfume would be the best but in lasting power it is the worst.

honeysmiles
honeysmiles

I LOVE this perfume! Clean, fresh, bright, happy... I'm always complimented when wearing this fragrance. I wish it lasted longer, (I feel like it needs refreshing every few hours - does anyone else feel this way?) but sometimes I'm surprised that when I put on my jacket I can smell it from a previous use. SO maybe it's where I'm applying it? At any rate, I don't think you can go wrong with this one!

LuktarGott
LuktarGott

This one's a disappointment, I'm afraid. No fruit, no flowers, no musk, just bitterness, and a strange little smoky sourness. The good thing is that it lasts only half an hour. A quite expensive half hour. Nice bottle, though. Now I've learned not to go by reviews but to try unknown fragrances before buying.

lyssasee
lyssasee

this perfume is ok. I think its for warm weather but its sophisticated. I smell citrusy/musk or maybe sandy? definitely a fresh scent though. at 1st, it smells unisex but after an hour or so, it becomes feminine

butterbean
butterbean

This perfume has been discontinued. Which is sad because I really like it -- especially in warm weather.

For starters it is in the SAME VEIN as:
Creed -Acqua Fiorentina
Trish McEvoy- Precious Pink Jasmine
Moschino Cheap & Chic -I Love Love
Burberry -Burberry Summer 2013

There are differences for sure. To me it is most similar to Eclat d'Arpege.

True Religion True Religion is sweet, floral, fresh, little citrusy and very watery with hints of cedar.
It is a clean scent and very inoffensive.

Longevity is very poor - 2 or 3 hours
Sillage is about arm length if you use about 8 - 10 sprays otherwise it stays close.

The bottle is very pretty but the frosted glass is a treatment on the glass and flakes off over time - especially if you get any perfume leaking onto the bottle (which it does - had 2 bottles both were not sealed great and leaked) - but the cool textured frosted stuff comes off even without perfume leaks.

Regardless of the poor longevity and having to use a ton to smell it, and the bottle flaws -- I quite enjoy this scent.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

My perfume order finally came in...YEAH!!! True Religion was on the top of my spray right after it comes in list so I did one spray on my wrist and immediately made my guinea pig son sniff, he liked it. It is mostly a floral, almost gardenia-ish scent on me, a bit of lime and some very light vanilla, and a bit off woods like scent lingering in the background, very pleasant, very wearable. This could be both a dress up date night perfume or a doing chores on a Tuesday perfume, it is totally inoffensive, maybe a bit too safe..,;0)

Sillage: 2/5 very very close to skin, I'm sitting out in the sun and it is a bit breezy so occasionally I catch the slightest whiff but it is by no means radiating.

Longevity: only 2 hours in but still pretty strong.

Overall: glad I added it to my ever growing perfume collection.

Cwatson13
Cwatson13

This is a perfectly delightful and inoffensive perfume. It is fresh and almost androgynous, there are no cloying or overpowering notes. I wear this as my work perfume (I am a nurse) because of its clean and unobtrusive yet distinctly delicious scent. It certainly has an almost "masculine" quality but I think that is just as much from the bergamot and sandalwood, and the fact that it is not a sweet smelling perfume at first whiff compared to many others on the market. I wouldn't wear it for a date night...but if I were doing something wholly American, like a baseball game or driving across the country on a road trip, it would be my go-to as well.

misslovely
misslovely

I like the initial notes of this fragrance. Very fresh, woody and citrusy, quite similar to Light Blue. But once the perfume settled on my skin, I start noticing a maple syrup smell.

arrode
arrode

True Religion is a perfume that reminds me of coniferous trees for some reason. Pine trees or pine needles. It's very woodsy to me and almost unisex, but there's a bit of sweetness that makes it a feminine perfume. The bergamot is noticeable and gives it a citrusy-edge. Overall, it's a summery perfume I'd wear on hot days, but I can tell this isn't a perfume for everyone. It's leaning toward unisex, which throws off girly-girls and doesn't last super long (couple hours max).

vega_012
vega_012

A pretty fragrance, I can smell the fruity/ woody notes but it's also a little cotton candy-esque and I am still trying to make up my mind about it. It is a nice spring/ summer fragrance, very fresh but could use more depth. I do think that amorphous sweet composition makes it a popular choice for all ages.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This fragrance has a fresh androgyny to it that is reminiscent of CK one without the sharpness. It turns to masculine on me for my liking. A very casual scent that while not original is still unique.

aficionada
aficionada

Light, fresh, sweet, fruity. Guirlish. Too sweet for mature woman. Pleasant and inoffensive. Good for summer time.

svansant74
svansant74

This fragrance is so fresh, light, and clean with delicious apple notes. I have tried many perfumes and always come back to this one. Love it!

Lara517

I bought my daughter her favourite scent and with it came several testers, one being True Religion. I thought it was a teen type scent, how wrong I was!

I love this clean, fresh, summery smell!
Rodrigo Flores-Roux is a perfume master, in my opinion. I would buy almost anything behind that nose.

The only drawback is that it lasts about five minutes on me. I end up soaking myself with True Religion to find that in an hour it is gone. But, that is the ONLY drawback.

TR can also be mixed with other, sweeter parfums that you may not like as much because of the strength of the scent. I mix it often with other fragrances and it seems to tone them down a bit.

LOVE True Religion!

denncita
denncita

I took a whiff of this fresh scent today at my local Kohl's. To be honest, the first thing that caught my attention was the beautiful frosted bottle! The fragrance didn't disappoint me either. It is a very clean scent, the first note I smelled was citrus, then something herbal and finally the dry-down was a powdery/woody scent. I do think it smells quite like D&G light blue except this one is a bit more subtle. I sprayed it once on my hand about two hours ago, I have washed my hands twice and I can still smell it! It's neither great nor terrible... It's a decent fragrance for a summer day.

amy.yasuda@gmail.com
amy.yasuda@gmail.com

Lovely scent with good longevity and the sillage is perfect. I love Marc Jacobs line, Ed Hardy scents, Versace Bright Crystal, Chanel Chance and I have to say this is my new favorite. I always have a problem with sillage and carry rollerballs to touch up but I like to put perfume on at bedtime and when I get up, it smells like I've just applied a little bit ago. On me, the scent lasts longer and seems a bit more sophisticated than Daisy(do love my Daisy, though). The bottle is very beautiful so thumbs up for that. Sweet but not cloying and doesn't give me the musky-perfume headaches that other brands do. It is a head-turner. I feel like I could wear both during the day and evening. To give you an idea, Dolce and Gabbana smells like hospital on me I think I have a new favorite!

SGLENN2086
SGLENN2086

My favorite perfume! Light and clean. Men love it ;)

northwood
northwood

It is my favorite perfume to wear. Men seem to like it and they don't complain that the scent is too strong. I have been complimented that I smell nice but they don't realize I am wearing perfume which is a big win for me.

amy1983
amy1983

Everything about this frag is mellow.
By judging the bottle,this smells exactly like I thought it would. It smells like sunshine! Bright and sunny. It's citrusy,but it's a mellow citrus.
This frosted bottle reminds me of denim jeans. It makes me think of a casual day,kicking back wearing jeans,hanging out with your friends. I really like this. It is very unique.

lovely0219
lovely0219

This is the kind of fragance I wear whenever I don't want to overpower people around me. It smells very fresh, like if you just stepped out of the shower. Two sprays is enough for me and it'll last through the whole day, it's definitely not as strong as Light Blue by Dolce Gabanna. The lotion and the shower gel are immensively refreshing as well! I recommend you give it a try if you don't want something too overpowering yet pleasing and comforting to the touch.

rosembloom
rosembloom

My mini came as a little jewel! I do like this fragrance very much. Indeed it is a toned down version of Burberry woman with it's warm ambery accords, it's buttery note that makes it rich though it is light. A fresh opening with fruity notes of citrus and apples that linger throughout the composition. The plum adds a depth that mixed with cedar creates a creamy and rich drydow. Love is just around the corner for me lol...

lisforlauren
lisforlauren

This is my everyday fragrance. I get so many compliments when I wear it. I tend to wear a little extra because the scent doesn't seem to last as long for me. It's light, clean, and refreshing.

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

This scent smells more masculine then feminine to me.
Its very soft, not overbearing, one of those day scents that wont knock people off their feet when walked by it. I believe its a versatile fragrance, so I can see many different women wearing this, if they don't mind a lighter fruity smell that's not sweet.
It seems a lot of people like this perfume, but sadly I'd have to say that I'm not part of the "following". Its just a tad bit to spicy for my liking.
Although I'm not fond of the smell, I absolutely adore the bottle.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

Had a sample of this that sat around my room, unused, for the longest time until recently. There's nothing very attention-grabbing about this perfume, so I guess I had immediately decided that it smelled boring and watered-down. Recently though, I decided to wear it on a lazy day and ended up loving it. It's light and clean, perfect for those casual days when you don't need a heavy fragrance. This is the absolute perfect every-day scent. I wish I had another sample.

cbishton
cbishton

I'm really surprised by all the "meh" reviews on True Religion. This has been my signature fragrance for about a year. It smells crisp and interesting, very woodsy and clean on me. My boyfriend always breathes in the scent at the back of my neck when I have this one on so I know it's a winner. Also, one day at work a coworker smelled so fantastic I had to ask her what she was wearing and I was absolutely floored when she said True Religion as it was unrecognizable on her - very intriguing to me. I usually cannot smell it on me once it wears down unless I sniff my wrist closely - it's very soft but lingers. I think it's beautiful but I am bored now and need something new. I can always smell it on my sweaters in the closet if I've worn this perfume so I think it is longer lasting than the wearer may be able to detect.

damewolf13
damewolf13

At first spray, you will think that this is a much stronger perfume than it really settles into.
It starts out crisp and strong, and quite fruity with the red currant, apple, and citrus notes, and then it settles into a much mellower woody, floral with the freesia, hints of plum, and fresh cedar notes.
It is quite yummy once it settles down. Sillage on me is quite good and longevity is about 5 hours.

Tonisaunders1865
Tonisaunders1865

I LOVE this fragrance. You are initially hit with a fresh citrusy top note and then encompassed in a warm woodsy base that makes me feel nostalgic for some reason. I can Definetley smell violet as well. I sometimes think it has a delicate smoke to it. It's original and sophisticated. A piece of art in my opinion.

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

I just purchased a small bottle of this. I like the scent. The scent is very light, crisp, and clean. Makes me think of spring and summer. It is nice casual perfume.

Vamy69
Vamy69

All I get out of this is a bunch of wood and citrus. The lasting power is mediocre too. It is not bad but nothing special I would have to run out and buy.

sara.liebrecht.lonsway
sara.liebrecht.lonsway

I absolutely LOVE this scent! Reminds me of a women's version of Hugo Boss-Boss Bottled which I adore :) It also has a slight spicy note which I thought was Cinnamon, but I don't see that in the notes here. Only problem is it doesn't last very long when sprayed on the skin, but spraying on clothing does help to make it last longer. I have a the "travel" size bottle that I keep in my purse to apply during the day, otherwise would not last through the entire work day. I hope they make a stronger, longer-lasting version of this perfume because it is one of my favorites!

pefrumeaddict101
pefrumeaddict101

A great all rounder - I have 3 daughters and we all loved this stuff. We had a 100ml bottle and it was gone in a short time, fresh, different, not too appley a bit creamy. Slightly floral, woody, wonderfull. I must say you need a fair few squirts though, to get you through the day :o)

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

This was a gift from my son. I get the fruit and citrus notes with a little floral. But, not really any musk or wood as mentioned. It is a crisp, clean, refreshing and energizing scent. The sillage and longevity are not very good on me at all though.

The bottle is beautiful and the box was very nice.

monimasch
monimasch

Unfortunately I don´t own this one but I really loved it when I smelled it on a colleague of mine. What I probably liked most is the fact that it reminded me of White from Armani, which was my favourite scent before it was withdrawn from the market.

AWalkInTheWoods
AWalkInTheWoods

I like this as a day perfume because it's light and refreshing, however, it is not especially unique. I wear it when I just want to smell nice for myself, but wouldn't wear it to go out on a date. The bottle, on the other hand, is beautiful.

brc123
brc123

Love the fragrance, its super fresh and clean smelling. I'm almost done with my bottle sadly and the one bad thing about this perfume that it really doesn't last i would have to bring the bottle with me and reapply throughout the day if I wanted to smell like it. Other than that it's a really nice fragrance

aray
aray

I have to say I am in absolute shock that, within the first 15 or so reviews I read here, not one mentions the similarities between TRUE RELIGION FOR WOMEN and L'EAU PAR KENZO. Granted, according to fragrantica, they only share 3 notes, which are

- Mandarin Oranges in the top
- Amaryllis in the heart
- and cedar in the base

but to me, the very first spritz I had to do a double take on the bottle because to me, THIS WAS/IS L'EAU PAR KENZO.

This also leads me to believe that, what people think is Freesia in TRUE RELIGION, really is the Amaryllis winding itself through everything else and, infused by the tangy mandarins, manages to disguise itself as the fresh freesia.

I'm liking it a lot, since I'm a huge fan of L'EAU PAR KENZO as well, BUT - while this may smell the same, it doesn't even get close to KENZO'S sillage and, more importantly, longevity. TR is gone after just over an hour, which, I'm sorry, is unacceptable to me unless you're labeling yourself eau fraîche or body mist or what have you. For an EDP this lack of presence is unforgivable.

So while I'd give the scent (including bottle design and all that bling) a good grade, I have to take tons of points away for the lack in quality, aka longevity and sillage.

Alinaboo
Alinaboo

I love this stuff but I must agree with everyone else...It doesn't last long, especially for the price!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The sample spray vial that I have is marked EdP, but there’s no indication of whether it’s the “men’s” or “women’s” version. I thought it was the women’s but I may be wrong. It doesn’t matter, because it would work equally well for either sex. One thing I can say in its favor, it’s not floral and it’s not sweet. It’s woody-ambergris-y, with some aquatic top notes, somewhat reminiscent of D&G Light Blue, but heavier on the teak-like woody notes and lighter on the ambroxan. Fortunately the aquatic top notes disappear rather quickly, leaving the sharp, dry, slightly spicy, woody base. There’s massive sillage, even with just one tiny spray, and the scent lasts all day, at least 6-8 hours, completely linear. Not bad, but not something I’d go out of my way for.

Napper216
Napper216

Had it for a few months, but gave it up for a little while because it smelt underwhelming yet overpowering. Came back to it a few days ago just to make an excuse to wear perfume and use this us asap, really.

I get peach syrup with a little bit of cedar and a cleaning prouct of some kind... then a slightly tart, musky(I think?) smell 6-8 hours later.
It's not fantastic, but I have smelt infinitely worse. I think this is a common or garden fragrange that wouldn't be out of place at your chemist.

Because the bottle is so intricate and nicely detailed, I'd have thought the contents wouldn't be so... well.... insipid.

Looking at the bottle, I'd have thought it'd make a better home to something slightly spicier and more oriental than what it actually houses.

TL;DR - MEH.

I have to agree with most reviewers that this isn't a good scent. It's like a typical fresh drugstore scent and smells somewhat cheap.

cloibne
cloibne

I just got this perfume.As I wear it, if my opinion changes or becomes more helpful, I'll add an edit.
In the dotted area is an off topic aside :)

Perfumes smell really strong on me,I usually wear eaus and powders.I usually spray on my clothes instead of my body.
True Religion lasts as long as I wear it without showering
(if I wear it out at night and fall asleep in it I still smell it, sometimes even after showering but not strongly,I just know it's there so I can barely smell it)

I don't like being able to tell that someone is wearing perfume, I prefer to smell a pleasant aroma that I can't place gently eminating the way natural smells do, sometimes pleasantly sometimes not *haha* For instance, when the person leans in close or the weather is hot or breezy, you get just a whiff mixed with other smells of their natural body and hair oils.

In perfumes,I like either a clear,clean and true mimic of a real life scent or a scent like True Religion, a nicely blended what I call 'implacable'.I usually sense the same scent reaction to 'implacables'as when I'm smelling high quality drinking alchohol.So, as with my usual reviews, here ya' go:

True Religion smells to me like scotch, not whiskey,because scotch is drier and smokier...in fact, for you connosieurs, True Religion smells to me like Islay, which is much smokier...even smelling like LapsangSouchong tea? Try them together, they're great, as a scent or a drink.
What are the soaps or other toiletries to use with True Religion? Definitely lavender or sandalwood, maybe basil would be interesting as a 'brightener' for the scent.I love the way it smells with real orange scent,if you like real 'Russian' prepared tea, you will too. Try an all natural soap like 'South of France' brand vegetable soaps, they're subtle but very 'true'because they use the actual plants and know how to process them; the reason real french milled soap is so expensive and lovely.
This is a great smokey yet light smell.I think it's a little too heavy for day, and for spring.I think it could get overpowering in the summer heat.
Please wear it on windy autumn days! It's perfect for that weather.
An early evening or even temperate weather night time date would be a good time to wear this unobtrusive sexy scent.
I imagine it being worn while running around a small square in the city, between coffeehouses or bars and browsing in the shops, stopping to listen to the street musicians and eat an icecream.
The smokey muskiness could get imbalanced in warm or close conditions,though.I could see it making some innocent by-standers sneezy,as is often the case with 'musky's anyway ;)
..............
but,here's an OFF TOPIC titbit: Save The Peat Bogs !!! Please do not over buy SCOTCH , WHISKEY or fireplace PEAT from UK or ASIA, it is destroying the land, not just for ecology but, peoples houses are actually sliding-peat takes decades to settle,so overdigging is baaaadddd.
....................
I like True Religion's signature scent but it's not one of my favorites yet.
I remember liking it back when it premiered, so I'm glad it still holds up, which seems to be becoming rare in the scentology world these days...new chemicals, etc.changing the compositions of popular scents .*sigh* and *boohoo*

My mother and I both feel this is a nice,unobnoxious scent.
My mother likes Chanel No5, I don't so much. My favorite Chanel is No22 and that's as the powder, which is lighter than the parfums or eaus.

Siv55
Siv55

True Religion is a non-sequitur. So is this fragrance. There's very little truth in it. You certainly shouldn't make a religion of it. It begins with a chemical blast, and if that initial shock doesn't work it hopes to brainwash you with its blandness. Then it gives up and disappears entirely, leaving you a very doubting thomas.
The bottle is a work of art, and the box has very good graphic design. Enjoy both because they are what you're paying for here.
I love the name True Religion. I was expecting an extremely catholic perfume, sultry, full of incense and guilt and perhaps woody so it would remind me of pews. I am so disappointed.

PerfumeMonster
PerfumeMonster

I do like True Religion at first as it reminds me of two scents I already own (multiple copies of, I might add) and love: Moschino's I Love Love and D&G's Light Blue. The three have similar compositions in that they all start off citrusy bright moving towards a gentle white floral heart and end in a musky cedar dry down. The industry honestly did not need this fragrance as it's already been done countless times before, only better. True Religion is mainstream mediocrity at it's finest.

I have to say that I wouldn't be as hard on this scent if I felt the quality reflected the price, but it just doesn't. True Religion lasts for maybe an hour with zero sillage despite layering with the lotion and the ingredients smell cheap. They call this EDP? Ha! Better off calling it an EDT if not body splash. I Love Love and Light Blue last for the better part of a day on me and carry at least moderate sillage. The only selling point of True Religion for me is the beautiful bottle which caught my attention in the first place.

4/10 for a weak, overdone and overpriced fragrance, with a pretty bottle.

breezee33
breezee33

expensively packaged Axe spray. gives me a headache.

TRUE RELIGION is a straight-up shampoo/conditioner frag. Squeaky cleanish with a touch of sweetness. Very synthetic but not in an aggravated-assault-on-the-central-nervous-system way. It's okay, but there are literally dozens of these on the market today. Variations on this scent are used to fragrance any number of shampoos and conditioners as well.

Not my kind of thing, but a perfectly serviceable "shower in a bottle scent," if that's what you're looking for. My own preference is to take a bath--and then apply perfume.

Luluesq1
Luluesq1

I wanted to like this(yes I was swayed by the gimmick ;P) I REALLY did.And I almost bought this blind without smelling it first.Boy,am I glad that I didn't.This perfume is suffering an identity crisis.It's trying to be too many things.Imagine your uncle's old spice mixed with your grandma's avon.BTW- I agree with Jonr951- go with daisy-which I probably will;)

perfume11
perfume11

This perfume has a very fresh scent to it, and I love it! It will fit well in the summertime. Beautiful bottle too.

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

This perfume did not work well with my nose and body chemistry. It reeked of Tide laundry detergent with a hint of Cool Water cologne like scent. I had my mother to sniff it thinking it was just me...she hated the scent also! I wore this perfume once and gifted it to a colleague who said she loved it! (3.4 Oz. bottle gone down the drain due to blind purchasing!!!)

Exactly like other department store brands. Fruity with woody notes and floral background. Does nothing for me, but is also an okay scent that doesn't offend me. Very middle of the road.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Despite the lovely bottle and box (even in the 7ml sample) and the advertising hype, this is another of what Luca Turin would describe as "clean turbo sport fresh" frags and all I could smell were watery "blue" notes, nothing oomph. I'm starting to be very wary of all the modern, made for the masses stuff esp. the "celebrity" ones, churned out to cater to their mostly juvenile fans. But I digress. If you like the aquatic ozone smell then this is one for you - it is absolutely typical of the genre. Icky.

Sanny
Sanny

Great scent. Reminds me of D&G Light Blue. But light blue would be more unisex. The only problem is... it last for about 30 mins tops!

SarahNichole
SarahNichole

I wanted to love this perfume, but unfortunately, it smells like generic men's cologne on me.

I hate to sound so negative, but why do designers bother to release a fragrance that is going to be yet another predictable and generic fruity scent, marketed as being 'clean, crisp and modern'.

This fragrance is attempting to emulate D&G's Light Blue and DKNY's Fresh Blossom. Instead of a harsh lemon note, green apple is the centerpoint in the opening. It has a somewhat fresh watery-ness.

Sure True Religion makes me feel clean, yet the more it develops, I begin to feel sticky. The scent doesn't sit too well on my skin, and I blame cheap ingredients.

Thankfully True Religion is light and rather fleeting. I'm a little surprised by how expensive this fragrance is in my country when compared to overseas. Perhaps my negative reaction is partly due to the vast differences in price and its over-the-top marketing.

I'm attempting the smell this fragrance again now that it has reached the drydown, and I must admit that it gets gradually better, less tangy apple, and more smooth, refreshing cedar, freesia and musk.

Not bad, but not wonderful either. It seems like a copy of so many other scents on the market these days.

guest_just.a.guest
guest_just.a.guest

i really really really love the smell... but i hate that it doesn't last long... and the price is too much.. i think you pay more for the packaging than the perfume itself..

narcotic
narcotic

True Religion perfume is like a true religion ad model - wafer thin, doesn't last long, but you kind of want to embody their free spirit anyway. God damn them.

This is definitely not the white floral musk I thought it was... it's a nicely rollicking, if maddeningly simplistic, granny-smith-apples-in-ontario-snow kind of scent. But don't expect any more than that, as long as it's your thing.

True Religion is too close to the skin for my liking (I don't want to take a bath in it in order for the sillage to work), but those who like it like it a lot.

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

This smells absolutely amazing but unfortunately it is too light for me and I like strong scents that last.

mandashell
mandashell

Okay, I am almost postive that I posted a review for this ages ago-but it's gone!? o.O Oooh...mysterious! LOL! Anyway, this scent is barely there. The joke must be on the consumers because this is one of the weakest "edp's" I've ever encountered.

It smells like grapefruit, apple and woods but the strength of those notes are so minimal. This scent is also too simple and can't contend with superior yet similar scents like Light Blue and I Love Love.

The price is also a little obscene for a fragrance that barely lasts an hour on most people's skin. It seems to cling forever to paper but can't last on skin...? o.o Have to also agree that the overall composition is more like a body spray than a perfume. It must be selling like crazy by namesake alone as well as that gorgeous, frosted glass bottle.

If you want something fresh, fruity and citrusy then I would look elsewhere. True REligion just doesn't cut it. But if you really like this scent I would recommend buying Mariah Carey Luscious Pink because they are almost identical and Luscious Pink isn't nearly as expensive. ;')

Update: If they created an intense version then I would buy a bottle because I do like this scent. ;')

secretcrush
secretcrush

I GOT A SAMPLE OF THIS WHEN I PURCHASED MY SJP NYC BOTTLE A FEW WEEKS AGO... I JUST GOT AROUND TO TRYING THIS ONE W/ AN ACTUAL INTENT TO JUDGE ITS COMPONENTS, AND LASTING POWER... INITIALLY ALL I GOT WAS THE BERGAMOT AND A HEAVY DOSAGE OF IT BUT AFTER ABOUT 10 MINS I BEGAN 2 PICK SOME OF ITS WOODY NUANCES WHICH SOFTEN THE BERGAMOT GREATLY... I AGREE W/ JONR951 IT DOES SMELL LIKE LUSCIOUS PINK, WHICH IS ALREADY IN MY PERFUME COLLECTION .... I CAN SEE THIS ONE DISAPPEARING TOTALLY IN ABOUT ANOTHER HOUR OR SO...

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I got a spray of this at a store today, and I've been wearing it for over six hours. It's pleasant enough, but not amazing. It started out almost harsh, very tart and citrusy. It settled down quickly into something that I can only describe as "Froot Loops" cereal. I didn't *dislike* it, but I've smelled things I like better.

LenaBel
LenaBel

It is very pleasant. BUT as soon as I took a sniff of it I felt like I defenitely have smelled it before. I am still thinking what it was and I guess it is Cindy Crawford Summer Day but I am not 100% sure. I will update if I suddenly remember.
Anyway, it is a fresh-sweet scent, very likeable. Good for summer and would suit best a young woman 18-25.

LoveLy
LoveLy

very nice and sweet smell..the bergamot really comes in this one and its really pleasant..a very nice jeans and t-shirt scent

I did purchase the purfume and it smells great. It's very soft and it doesn't give you a headache. I would like to see it last longer than what it does. Theres a reason the gift set comes with a bottle for your purse!!

HeiLi
HeiLi

It was so wonderful when I tried it on a sample paper first; strangely enough, the lasting power on paper was endless. On my skin it's still a wonderful smell, but it's gone in about half an hour. True Religon is way too expensive for such meagre staying power. Pity!

x.Emiiie
x.Emiiie

At first I smelled this in a magazine. It was so fresh and was like running through a field of flowers I find. Then in real life... on me it smells like, I don't know, something chemical.

c3c
c3c

This to me has a similar scent basis at the start as Ed Hardy (pink bottle) but without the sweetness. It's much too harsh for my taste, but to each his own, I like a sweeter note. I tried to let it settle a bit to be sure but ended up trying to wash it off in the first bathroom I found to save my aching head. It does have staying power I'll give it that!

rainydays
rainydays

It took me forever to find a fresh, light fragrance that I can wear in warm weather (one that I actually like... I lean toward heavy scents, usually). This is citrusy from the opening to when it's all dried down, but in the middle it meets the pretty florals and vanilla (even though vanilla's not listed). Some complain about lasting power, but it stayed on me for awhile.

guest_PhantomsDesire
guest_PhantomsDesire

FINALLY.....A perfume that is me!! My signature fragrance has been Issey Miyaki le feu D'issey, but they discontinued it and I can't get it anywhere!! (Idiots!) (I use to dabble on fresh Bergamot oil and Patchouli oil w/ it and had compliment after compliment) Anyway, I found this fragrance yesterday and I'm a very happy girl. This fragrance will work beautifully for me. Yay!!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Where is it? I don't smell anything........ I have a very sensitive nose and this smells like fresh water and not perfume. Perhaps it's similar to Light Blue. It doesn't have any facets or interesting notes. It also doesn't last, so I gave my samples away.

guest_nessahleigh
guest_nessahleigh

my boyfriend LOVES the scent and I like to have his opinion on what he is going to be smelling :). I think it kind of smells like light blue but sometimes light blue gives me a headache because it is kind of heavy. This one is great, Ive gotten alot of compliments on it. Cute bottle and 57.00 isnt really expensive considering some other prices. Have you all checked vera wang and armani code? I have 50 different perfumes and this one didnt seem expensive to me

melissa
melissa

I got a sample of this and wore it a couple of days. It is very light, almost too light. I wasn't impressed with it. It did kind of remind me of a lighter version of Light Blue, which does not work on me either. I think it would be good for people who want something that it is very subtle, but it is expensive, for me, not worth the cost.

AHH I have been smelling D&G Light Blue on numerous women and it smells amazing but I want an EDP. But I want that scent really in any form LOL! To those that have smelled True religion and Light Blue..do they really smell alike and would I benefit from buying True religion over Light Blue since TR is an EDP. Also what can you tell me about the lasting power? Thanks! ;')

ariadna
ariadna

Interesting looking bottle...no?
But,I think the scent is boring.

guest_sscott
guest_sscott

This fragrance True Religion has a nice smell but for me by the time you leave out of the house the scent is gone. For me that is a waist of money. If like a frangrance that is light and no one knows you are wearing it this one is for you.....

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

:-( Doesn't work for me. Too bad, with all the nice review it got here. I can say that it has a great lasting power. I guess it is too floral for me.

Gabrielle
Gabrielle

If you like Mochino's I Love Love and Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue, this is for you, especially since it lasts longer than either scent. That was my main complaint about Light Blue....great fragrance, but was gone in no time at all. With True Religion, I smell wonderful all day.

flower
flower

This perfume smells wonderful. When I first sprayed it I smelled a fruity, clean citrusy blend. I don't think it smells anything like light blue or daisy. Those fragrances on my skin are more masculine and not as sweet and fresh. I think it might be the jasmine that overpowers with my body chemistry. All in all I love this perfume it is great for any occassion and it is not too heavy.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

The bottle caught my eye so I had to spritz a little on my hand. The scent is GORGEOUS!!Light, airy, but SLIGHTLY sweet.I must say, on me, it lasts quite a long time. The first time I tried it-in the store-I went home, took a shower, washed my hands multiple times and I still was able to smell that beautiful scent on my skin. Also got a number of compliments the first time I wore it.

knics33
knics33

wow- i smelt this in a magazine strip and instantly fell in love. granted, it was a magazine strip and that can sometimes smell better/worse than the actual fragrance so who knows...but i will definitely be hunting down to smell in person.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

For the first second I thought "hey this actually isn't that bad, maybe I'll.." then it turns! It turned in to a total wet newspaper scent. It smelt like jeans! I couldn't stand it, but as luck would have it, within five minutes it was totally gone! So there you have it... smell at your own expense.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

this bottle is so gorgeous!It smells exactly light dolce and gabbana light blue smells wonderful-very light,clean and refreshing

jonr951
jonr951

its a great fragrance. love the smell and love the bottle. its sparkling, sweet, and refreshing. its just that it smells like luscious pink which smells like marc jacobs daisy! both true religion and pink are just copy cats of daisy. they smell incredible but their not original! so your better off just getting daisy!

True Religion by True Religion 3.71 out of 5 based on 343 ratings and 87 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.25oz
TRUE RELIGION for WOMEN by True Religion EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .25 OZ MINI UNBOXED
EDT Mini 0.25oz
True Religion Cologne by True Religion - 0.25 oz Mini EDT Spray
True Religion Cologne by True Religion - 0.25 oz Mini EDT Spray
True Religion by True Religion for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
True Religion by True Religion for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
True Religion Perfume by True Religion, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Love Hope Denim by True Religion for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
True Religion by True Religion for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
True Religion by True Religion for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Love Hope Denim by True Religion TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Love Hope Denim by True Religion TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
True Religion Cologne by True Religion, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
True Religion Cologne by True Religion, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
True Religion Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
True Religion Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
True Religion Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
True Religion Gift Set by True Religion Gift Set for Women Includes 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz Shower Gel 3.4 oz Body Lotion
Beauty.com
True Religion Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 fl oz
True Religion Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
True Religion Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
True Religion Gift Set by True Religion Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Shower Gel 3.4 oz Body Lotion .25 oz Mini

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about True Religion True Religion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about True Religion True Religion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Religion by True Religion. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Religion by True Religion represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.