Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

True Religion Men True Religion for men

True Religion Men True Religion for men
dislike

True Religion Men True Religion for men Pictures True Religion Men True Religion for men Pictures True Religion Men True Religion for men Pictures

Brand True Religion was founded by Jeffrey Lubell in 2002, with an intention to present authentic American style which reminds us of the 70es jeans, and redefines more modern way with chic details.

In today's time, besides high-quality jeans,True Religion spreads their offer on other clothing items in vintage style. The point of all creations is to fit to the body perfectly and to possess timeless style together with hippie -bohemican chic details which make their creations unique.

After the edition for women True Religion, version for men was introduced in April 2009. The flacon was created as a combination of leather and metal and is available in amounts of 50 and 100 ml (1.7 and 3.4oz). The fragrance is a timeless and masculine fougere, created in modern style. It includes aromas such as citruses, herbs, moss and patchouli.

Citruses Green Notes Oakmoss Patchouli

Curve Appeal for Men
Signature

True Religion Men Fragrance Reviews

jamess1976
jamess1976

This is a light and very safe scent. I smell kind of a green/cucumber scent, but still masculine.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

It's a nice office friendly scent. Green and citrus with low earthy undertones of patchouli. Very low on silage with longevity being ok. It's in the same realm of the Lalique scents. Nice but nothing to write home about. It does not resemble KC Signature IMO, which is a love of mines.

mccratjl
mccratjl

Am I the only one who thinks this smells like Kenneth Cole Reaction? Maybe its the Green notes...

scentualMan
scentualMan

This is a nice, but maybe too safe, citrus, aromatic, almost aquatic fragrance. The fragrance smells very similar to the dry down of Hugo Boss Hugo XY or the original Hugo Boss Hugo (canteen-shaped bottle). The fragrance begins with a refreshing aroma of citrus frutis followed by an aromatic bouquet of patchouli, moss, and something sweet. The projection is pretty modest and the longevity is average 5-6hrs. Its a safe fragrance for a beginner or just a nice workhorse for someone with a larger collection. Its a pleasant and conventional designer-level scent.

Grade: 7/10

helloplz8
helloplz8

Not sure about the dislikes. This has to be one of my favorite scents I've ever bought! If you see this at a Marshalls or Ross near you, I would definitely recommend picking it up (especially for the price)!

For the scent: very curious citrusy scent, definite green notes, almost metallic. Not completely sure how to describe the layers, but this one really packs a punch. As in, it won't subtly creep up, it'll stay loud and proud in the foreground. Not much else to say on the scent itself. Projection is ok, diminishes after an hour or so on me but you may have better luck. Longevity with most scents is finicky for me: sometimes I'll apply and need to re-apply two hours later (maybe from being self-conscious about others smelling me!), but other times i've been able to apply it in the morning and still be able to smell it by late afternoon. Overall I've had pretty good luck when it comes to how long this one lasts. The bottle's pretty cool too :)

Now here's why I will certainly buy this again: I like to stick to my low-end juices, but I've worn a few high-end scents and been both impressed and disappointed, but I'm usually not applying enough to be walking in a cloud of the smell. Sometimes I'll venture out and apply more, but rarely receive compliments, even on things that I absolutely adore. This particular TR scent, however, has received multiple compliments, especially about 20-30 minutes after applying. I even got a "What are you wearing, it smells amazing!" from a friend who is a Creed-and-Creed-only wearer. Another close friend had to do the "bend in for a closer smell," which is usually awkward, but she said she loved it! For this clearance fragrance, it's definitely a win in my book! Definitely recommend trying a sample if you can, although I've never seen it out for sample at department/makeup stores.

TR Drifter is another story...but still a pretty good one!

khyrull
khyrull

never tried this one but the bottle look interesting and rugged and direct to the point it is for a men. Reminds me of Camel jacket, leather brown boots and the mens who travel , driving their jeep across hills. And the notes of the fragrance really suits the design of the bottle-earthy and green. Brilliant. Well done to the creator.
Aromatic and herbs notes can be intensive that only some mens can pull it off and this fragrance shows a personality and the moss makes it a men would venture the dirts,no care coz he is an adventurous and the manliness.The citruses makes this all calm and well blended and soft. How funny i never smell this one but i recognise all the notes and True Religion have many of great quality other perfumes i know so this one might not a miss. lol.

arnavaz63
arnavaz63

بوی خنک و خوبی داره. برای تابستون خیلی خوبه. اما خاص نیست

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

smells different. it reminds me of some kind of veggie/leather...lol

it smells pretty good actually, i dont wear it often.. but when i grab the bottle to smell it i sometime find myself sniffing it about 10 times.. it smells pretty good.

only downsides are, it is a bit synthetic and it doesnt hold on MY skin atleast for more than 4-5 hours.

overall i give it a 7/10

lister
lister

A very nice fresh scent,citrusy notes are there, but for some reason I get cucumber notes.The opening is very attractive, but half an hour later you get a synthetic dry-down,like if it is some cheap drugstore flank.Nice bottle though.

iiSwagger
iiSwagger

I really, really like this cologne. The dry down is really different from the spray. You really don't need a lot of this because it's very potent, but it smells wonderful! I ordered this a few weeks ago, and it just came yesterday, I wore it out that night, and got some good feedback. Though, I would really suggest this one for the 21+ crowed. If I had to put a word to the smell, I would say it smells like a man.

Nolyv
Nolyv

To my nose it smells very close to nautica voyage ,maybe I'm nuts :)

kambelzful
kambelzful

I have tried this one several times, and like it a lot. But I have never gotten it to last more than 3 hours. Ever. Even on very hot days. It has a nice lemony, grapefruit, semi bitter opening, with light spice and orange blossom. It also has some distinct leather undertones, which is very unique. Might pick up a bottle soon, but honestly, the longevity kills it for me.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Nice notes for a cologne <3
I like it a lot. It's a tad strange, the mix of citrus and ceder but it's not bad. Maybe a soft leather note, too.

uncannybuzzard
uncannybuzzard

you need to sweat to bring this one to its full potential. good longevity in that subtle way. low sillage; definitely a daytime/early evening/casual, summer cologne.

edit - this smells like your dad smelled at your age, when he was cool.

tastetherainbow87

This smell really good best on me summer time outside my girl likes iT can't go wrong buying it it's smell better than the other one but doesn't still on my skin long :--(

tastetherainbow87

Planning on buying this online don't know how it smell. :---) can't wait

frostwave
frostwave

I love it, its very fresh, slightly fruity, a bit dark and very light. I smelled a hint similar to the citrusy CK1 summer 2012. I smelled it once and every time I went to a place where it was sold I had to smell it again, and again, and again until I finally bought it today. I also smelled aqua di gio for the first time today, which I have avoided because I know 7 out of 10 guys own it. Anyway True religion is unique and smells nothing like this. In my opinion, aqua di gio is nothing special. The only people who buy it are people who buy aqua are those who are new to the world of fragrances.

Jordan13
Jordan13

Not bad at first, but then died down into a dish detergent type scent. Solid bottle but that's about all I like.

onlineallday
onlineallday

I think it smells like a simple version of Acqua di Gio.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Not that I dont like it but its a very dissapointing scent. Id expected for from the scent cus of the bottle. It was very soft and fresh. A blend of a more soothing variety of citrus (not harsh at all, so a plus for me) and green notes of patchouli and oakmoss, and freedom! I tried this in Hawaii and it is the true scent of America, the way I see thier liberal, laid back youth.
This scent would have done well to be alot stronger in my opinion, but namely in the green areas. The citrus was perfect, and this is the first scent I can say this about

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I always wear not trying popular scents like it’s a badge of honor. I broke my mode and tried this one today and was pleasantly surprised. The patchouli in this adds a spice that is definitive but the citrus adds that freshness and pop to it that is nice. Its mainstream and full. It’s a little too strong for me. It’s a spicier fresh than what I like. A little too assertive on the overall but not out for the count. If I was gifted this, I would wear it once at week at least as a nice changeup. I am 50/50 on it as a pay to have added to my repertoire fragrance but I do think its pretty decent.

Angelic
Angelic

I bought this cologne for my guy, it smells very sexy and fresh. The only downside of this cologne is that it does not last, even when he sprays on like 6 sprays- so he says he won't repurchase it.

urobian

i wanted to add a review about the new true religion DRIFTER and is not on list, fragantica team need to update the directory.

Cylob
Cylob

Another green citrusbomber that makes me realize why I'm an atheist. Definitely not my religion!
My toilet refreshener does a better job at pleasing me then this...

The drydown isn't that bad even. Once the citrus is gone, the oak and the patchouli make an ok combo.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A classic EDT and at the same time modern. Input your notes are citrus with hints of moss. Middle notes of green moss with a strong impression of patchouli. Base notes of patchouli.

This is a true aromatic Fougere fragrance in its purest form. Use of this fragrance I think is perfect for teenagers to men below the45 years . Its use may be in spring or summer. Notes really very fresh and invigorating, it works out perfect for after the gym, casual gatherings with friends or casual party at night. Not suitable for romantic getaways. It smells really very bohemian.

It lasts on my skin was poor, just 2 hrs. But it remained very close after, leaving no trace of it. Simple and classic fragrance for teens. Recommended. Preferably try on before buying.

I tried "THE DRIFTER" and it's a little strange and sharper, but less generic comparing to the original flanker. They both still have the citric top notes however. I'll run back to the store for a 2nd try, and this time I gotta research on the notes.

UPDATE: I tested it again. Yes, this one is fresh but also very fruity. I now realize that there is black berry and juniper berry here that give the scent a bite, but definitely not sharp. Then I get like peach or pear or apricot smell, but it's not girly.

Not sure whether it's "Aromatic Fruity" or "Fruity Woody Fourgere", but it's not a darker or more intense scent at all. It's not oriental, nor woody, nor spicy! I actually like it. It has a character, unlike the original.

Limelight
Limelight

Liked it at first, but after wearing for a few hours it started to get on my nerves. Thought i would buy it, but never did.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I am on the fence about this 1. I am undecided rather I tolerate this or simply just HATE IT! Im leaning more towards the HATE IT aspect. There is something in this that just does not set well with my nose. Maybe its the moss note?! @ any rate, I would NOT recommend this as a blind buy.. It last well for an EDT, but it is lacking something that puts it over the edge for me, nice try tho, the bottle is nice, but im afraid thats where it ends with this one for me.

Gelladon
Gelladon

very unique... I'm in love with this one.... This would be a great blind buy can't go wrong with True Religion very easy on the nose yet manly and ladies love the scent which is another plus

It could have been citrus aromatic because all I really get is fresh sweet citrus and a little moss at the end. Nothing else. It's just another fresh scent for everyone. It smells kinda like Lacoste Essential or Acqua di Gio. The bottle is cool tho, but it does not match the scent (I really thought it'd be boozy woody leather scent). Well, I don't want want one anymore, but okay if I find one at a deep discount price.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

This is my hubby perfume...he bought the perfume set that came along with lotion, body wash, 100ml fragrance and a 15ml bottle (which he left to me when he came back to california). It's so sexy and I love to just hug and kiss my hubby all the time...it's so enticing and irresistible. Now that I have the small bottle, I always sniff it because I simply adore this....mmmmm...sexyness hehe

While shopping for something new at my favorite fragrance counter I had my selections down to Beckham Signature Story, Rocawear's X (Diamond Anniversary)and True Religion for Men. I chose this one because it stood out over the other two due to its freshness and the way it took notes found in many other fragrances and combined them in a bright, refined and sexy way...

The notes listed above are very general and make this seem linear and generic when nothing could be further from the truth. True Religion begins with citrus notes (mandarin, lemon peel) combined with herbal notes of lavender and verbena, making a very clean and bright entrance. The green heartnotes of corriander, violet leaf, juniper and fir balsam add to its freshness while keeping it refined and natural. The manly drydown of patchouli, leather, moss and woods (balsam & sandal)is, in some fragrances, a bit too strong yet here it stays subtle yet manly. This fragrance has an underlying strength and sweet smooth air about it. Crisp, earthy, natural and genuine...it embodies modern masculinity without pounding on its chest or bragging. It is strong but not overpowering and soft but not too wimpy or effeminate...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.75/5 Excellent!

True Religion takes plain old denim and through loving care and quality craftsmanship turns them into a work of art. They do the same with their first mens fragrance, using very common ingredients and combining them in a modern and artful manner resulting in an understated masculine masterpiece. Yes, it is quite expensive;but, remember:you get what you pay for...and aren't YOU worth it?

Damani Code
Damani Code

This smells sweet & relaxed, no lie. Some may think it is not unique but the most unique way to describe this top note is a tall cold glass of OJ with sugar spinkled on the rim. It is just bright & a must smell IMO.

urobian

Natural and organic, at first minutes you find a comfortable and happy aroma with fruits and some oceanic notes, then the moment turns relaxing and calm with the herbal and green touch. Simply a frangance easy to enjoy, of course is nothing new but is a great choice without compromises.

hay81hay
hay81hay

i smelled it yesterday and i found it pleasant and nice ,
fresh green citrus .
i will add soon to my collection.
nice cologne and bottle.

andy

hot buy....... one of the ABSOLUTE BEST scents a guy can put on it definately has a sexy, spiffy smell to it

maybe its similar to rocawear but this has less musk and MUCH more of a laid back chill base for a rugged guy compared ot rws musky wood base...........BOTH OF WHICH ARE HOT BUYS

guest_crazymacey1
guest_crazymacey1

I bought this for my hubby for valentines we both love it, coincidentally he bought me the female version too for the same occasion I love it! It was also very reasonably priced for the gift set inc shower gel, deoderant/body lotion(m/f), 100ml bottle and 15ml handbag bottle all for £44, very happy!!

guest_Paul Wall
guest_Paul Wall

This Pwns all others

andy

i love the smell but the price is still too high, even on discount sites!

having the honor to smell this, u cant tell theres much citrus or spice or herbaceous stuff in it because its all so well blended, and the smell is unbeatable! extremely fresh and laid back and sexy scent girls will love, while its got a nice edge to it.

this is one of the few clothing brand colognes that really stands out, it uses common stuff, but if i buy this i will want to throw all my other scents away

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

True Religion truly is a great fragrance. It reminds me of the rugged, leathery, masculine smell that Diesel Fuel For Life has combined with the fresh aquatic citrusy smell of Georgio Armani Aqua Di Gio.

When you initially spray it, you immediately get the citruses out of it, which is my favorite part. The oakmoss and green notes give it a nice vintage vibe. Kind of reminds me of the smell a new pair of jeans has.

The longevity is pretty good. I can smell it on myself all day. The dry down is woodsy and has the vintage aroma that I described above.

True Religion is an unique scent for sure. I've gotten many compliments while wearing it. Great job TR on your first fragrance!

Ro369
Ro369

I've had this cologne for about two weeks and absolutly love it, as well as many of my family and friends. I've smelt several colognes that are similar, but not quite like this one. A must have in my opinion. Reminds me of a light breeze on a bright spring day.

The top notes have a slight citrus thats not too strong.

The middle notes are green and fresh, like your walking effortlessly through a field of tall grass with miles of "The North American Plains" in view.

The base notes boast masculinity with a wood thats not overbearing and a scent that lasts all day.

Overall refreshing, very pleasent, not offensive and inviting. The best cologne I ever had, for all occasions.

seabear
seabear

Got a tester over the weekend. This is (to my nose) identical to Calvin Klein Eternity Summer for Men. I like the scent but don't need dupicates in my wardrobe.

True Religion Men by True Religion 3.78 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about True Religion True Religion Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about True Religion True Religion Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Religion Men by True Religion. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Religion Men by True Religion represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.