Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Python Uomo Trussardi for men

Python Uomo Trussardi for men
dislike

Python Uomo by Trussardi is a aromatic fougere fragrance for men. Python Uomo was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Louise Turner. Top notes are fig wood bark and tea; middle notes are olive and cypress leaf; base notes are teak wood, tonka bean, bourbon vetiver and musk.

Fig Wood Bark Tea

Olive Cypress Leaf

Teak Wood Tonka Bean Bourbon Vetiver Musk

Python Uomo Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

I'm officially on the WTF bandwagon with designer brands discontinuing amazing fragrances - it makes me wonder if it's just to cash in on the "next big thing" mentality...turns out new isn't always better! Well, I am going to cherish my gem as it is far more beautiful than I remember! It opens with a very potent crushed green leaf note that is oddly true to life. There is definitely some figginess in here to counter the sharp greens - not the kind of creamy coconut kind of fig, a very green and aromatic fig. There is a beautiful tea note laced throughout lending a sort of floral softness that grows in volume with heat - it can be quite feminine at times! The whole fume is soundly accentuated by a potent cypress note that complements the tea and fig nicely while tying into the soft, slightly creamy white musk in the base. This fume is oddly quiet with one spray in the same area - I had to double up the sprays to really get this fume to shine. The intro was also quieter than the heart - which is the star of the show! Such a shame that this is no longer in production...Well, I hope you are all having a unique day or at least enjoying a unique fume!

Day 38 - Groundhog Day
Listening to: Haelos - Earth Not Above

VJG
VJG

A nice & unique beginning, not felt before. A fresh aromatic combination at top, with the fig- wet wood note ,along with tea , hope that is what makes this special.

At middle, it looses a bit the fruity kick but combines with the moisture of green woodiness of cypress.

Base is sweet musk. Good fragrance overall. Like it

nicok
nicok

One of my favourites ever. I am emotionally connected to this as it was the second designer fragrance that I ever bought, when it launched back in the 00s. I managed to buy it again, few days ago over the internet after ten years.
Same amazing feeling. Clean, watery, fresh scent. It is never enough. It doesn't last forever it is true, but it's a piece of art.
I'm thinking of buying a back up bottle as I think it is discontinued and I wouldn't like to live without it.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

fruity , fresh smooth blended juice. not a wow smell but good. projection 2-4 h. longevity bit longer. it's close to the skin. that fig wood bark note is relaxing i notice the olive too, really different !

the dry down is really beautiful, wish it would last longer. almost masterpiece

update this is elegant enough wearing summer nights too. nice to wear this for dinner with the mrs.

Zlatan
Zlatan

As I got addicted to Trussardi couple of year ago with Inside, I just had to try all of them. Uomo, Jeans, and finally Python. Have to say love all of them- what nice family. But eeach of them is special.
Python is very smooth- like a snake, greenish- like a forest somewhat sweet and a little bit fresh (not too much though)- very addictive. It even is a bit quiet and mysterious. Really pythonish;)
Have to say- even now when Trussardi is starting their new fragrance lines and closing old ones- I really enjoy wearing Python and will miss it. As I miss Inside already:(

mmh6352
mmh6352

Like a tender snake sunbath in the swamp. Moist and greenish, not as offensive as it's name.

pob75
pob75

This is obviously well made and is enjoyable to wear. Overall it is fresh, fruity, citrus/berry-like, green-ish, slightly woody and gently masculine with some pleasant soapiness. Quite natural smelling and fairly quiet throughout.

It is never strong and does not really project on me beyond a low projection in the first 2 hours. It lasts for 6-7 hours. It is a decent skin scent for 4 or 5 hours, then a weak whisper of a skin scent for a few more.

Unobtrusive but pleasing. No superlatives for this one - I won't be rushing out to buy it once my bottle runs out but I'll enjoy it until it does. A good choice for the summer for work or situations that require a bit of subtlety - not sure anyone would smell it unless they are close enough to kiss you.

If you are looking for strength or projection, look elsewhere but if pleasant, subtle, fresh and gently fruity are what you want this is pretty good.

dasa
dasa

Great summer scent. When I apply it, or better yet when I even take a sniff from a bottle, fruity fig note is the first thing that comes to mind. Sillage is good, not to close to skin, yet not overwhelming and overpowering in any way, just the way summer fragrance should be. Woodsy notes that are in the base of the scent are the ones you should thank for concerning projection and long lasting of this scent. I will buy this again, simply because it is quite unique, and I will always give it an advantage when compared to Bvlgari aquas, Armani acqua di Gio, etc... My recommendation to all of you who like Python - give J. del Pozo Quasar a try!

d04m022011
d04m022011

Fragrância muito agradável, mas um pouco fraco, desaprece em pouco tempo. É necessário uma aplicação bem generosa.

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

i'd like to own it ... but sadly its hard to find in stores these days in indonesia. poor me ...

joseph.sagona1
joseph.sagona1

Hello everyone does anyone have a sample of this stuff, I hear it's a great summer scent and I'd like to try before I buy.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

a very nice perfume. somewhat too sweet , near the boundry of mens perfumes. i love it.

chisappanse
chisappanse

1 think....
Python Uomo Trussardi for men = espoir for homme
top and middle are absolutly same... ㅜ.,ㅠ

eva.90
eva.90

This is THE BEST perfume for men ever made! It's so manly but fresh at the same time.

*Action: Thank you for the generous decant!!*

This scent was everything I hoped for and more! When I first read the notes I thought how different...I must have it! And now that I do I just love it...

Although this scent is a fresher one, it is nothing like the usual suspects. It opens with the crisp, dry salaak fruitiness and the woody edge of fig tree bark and after a few minutes a very pure tea note drifted up to my nostrils and actually made me want an iced tea! I just adore the aroma of cypress, and here it is green and wonderful and the olive gives it (as Van Allan said) a moistness that is so very nice. This fragrance is very well done; the drydown is a little lower in volume than the opening or the heart, but still wonderful. The vetiver and tonka create a soft and warm grassiness and the musk is nice and not overly heavy. The teakwood is the note I smell the most. To recap: this begins fresh and fruity, remains wet and green and dries subtle, cool and woody on the skin. Stunning, one of the most treasured scents I have in my entire collection...Trussardi never disappoints me (thus far anyway!)

Sillage: average to good
Longevity: quite good
Overall: 4.5/5

I love Pythons and this is a pretty good representation of a snake in perfume form. Smooth, cool, sexy with a lush exotic feel from tropical ingredients where Pythons are found. Exotic, but not TOO weird. Classy but not overly heavy or rich...a definite wonder!

VanAllan
VanAllan

A fresh aromatic combination at top, with the fig-wood-bark note that along with tea provides a nice & unique beginning, not encountered before.
At middle, it looses a bit the fruity kick but combines with the moisture of olive and the green woodiness of cypress. Base is somehow weak for me, you can feel some light traces of teak (nice) and sweet musk.
Not a bad fragrance overall, on contrary I think it deserves more attention from fragrance collectors. My humble rank 7.6/10. ☣☣☣

guest_joepok
guest_joepok

really love phython

iconoclast
iconoclast

A personal favourite of mine. I love wearing this undemanding and uplifting scent. Despite its blue presentation, this is definitely not an aquatic, and is delightfully light but also has great character. It smells very fruity, clean and berry-like at first but with a very interesting creamy-musky softness underlying it that makes for a lovely drydown. Not a million miles different than Bright Visit, just much smoother and so much better. Great in hot weather too, particularly just after showering.

Although it lasts a long time on my skin, it also wears very (actually too) close to it with low sillage. This can usually be overcome with some heavy spraying - which is OK as it is very unlikely to offend anyone - hence a large bottle is a wise purchase. Otherwise, very nice and highly recommended. Can usually be found selling surprisingly cheaply - I don't understand how such quality can be sold so cheaply; but anyway I'm not complaining.

P.S. I think the tag "Python" appears to be a reference to Trussardi's grounding in luxury leathers & skins. A special mention too for the 100 ml bottle: it's so awesome-looking!

According to Trussardi this fragrance also contains salak pulp. Salak is a Balinese fruit,also called snakefruit, that grows on low palm trees. The fruit can be pinched at the end which causes the skin to slough off-much like a snake's-revealing three lobes that look like garlic cloves and taste apple-like and can be dry/crumbly to crisp/juicy. They also mention that the musk is synthetic and it is the rough bark of the fig tree, and not the fruit,is in this scent which gives it a fig/wood type of smell. The cypress is Mediterranean, the vetiver is from the Bourbon Islands and the teak is Burmese(like a PYTHON)...This is one of my top 5 most wanted scents and I have been desperate to find this, if anyone has any leads let me know...

Endymion
Endymion

Python belongs next to CK Truth and Dior Higher. Fresh and "moist" fragrance.
This is a sophisticated creation and not in the league of Boss and Armani products.
Even if Trussardi is not apparently a big popular label I enjoy numerous of their fragrances: Python is for a fresh and well-groomed feeling, Jeans is for casual and easy (to wear), Inside is for elegant but inviting... and L'uomo which is a discontinued gem :( one of my very favourties!

Anyway, I really don't get the name Python. I would never associate the name with the natural fresh fragrance and the nice blue color of the bottle and the box. Python suggests something dark, dangerous, animalistic which it is not!

vertigo
vertigo

I ordered a sample of Python Uomo for my boyfriend, because of the unique combination of the notes.

I feel that this scent has a lot of Italian spirit.
It's charming-&-carefree and at once elegant-&-well-mannered, full aware of what it's worth.

I can't detect the specific notes, but it smells clean and fresh in the beginning and then becomes very nicely softly soapy.

I agree with ZeeK about the sillage (poor), but it lasts long indeed.
I really like it, but we're not going to buy the whole bottle.

After all, it has a unique, modern and catchy touch. Good one.

guest_el payo
guest_el payo

it was a blind buy for me,i've liked the scent and it's definitely a unique one but probably i wouldn't have bought it if i had smelled it first...by the way especially in middle notes it has a kind of sour(maybe creamy) smell.

e9rul7
e9rul7

i just bought it to my boyfriend, without smelling it first. it's a nice scent, but i think if i had tested it first maybe i wouldn't have bought it. cypres is what you get the most from this fragrance. it's quite long lasting, and i would say that it has something particular about it.
it's ok but not the best...

Severino Laguzza
Severino Laguzza

Strange smell and packaging. Gave me a headache. I do not even like to think that one day I ever bought. A low quality product.

ZeeK
ZeeK

I approached for Trussardi Python when I found out that it’s remarkably a unique composition that I have never experienced in any other fragrance altogether! What I get is a creamy bunch of various uncommonly used components include: Fig tree bark, Bourbon, Coumarin (that probably an organic compound used as a fragrant-equivalent of Vanilla), Salak Pulp (which is also known as snake fruit due to the reddish-brown scaly skin, may be the title “python” is in that reference).

As for conclusion Trussardi Python is a subtle fragrance that stays close to the skin, no doubts for its rarity. My only negative point is for its unfair silage while the fragrance lasts reasonably. This can simply be worn any time and for any occasion.

glitterlust
glitterlust

If you like the fresh aromatic scents like Escape and Crave or even Happy, give this one a try. It's got a great fruity burst at the top with a slight tang. This freshness remains quite strong as the cypress come into play too. It's great in summer and lasts well.

charmian
charmian

I think, that Python is not only for men. I had it 2 years ago and it was really charmy/// Like amazone woman////

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Trussardi Python Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Trussardi Python Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Python Uomo by Trussardi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Python Uomo by Trussardi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.