Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Ciel Ulric de Varens for women

Ciel Ulric de Varens for women
dislike

Ciel combines iris, Bourbon vanilla, Ispahan rose and amber. Available as an EDP of 30 and 100 ml.

iris Amber Vanille Rose

Talc Douceur
Ombre Rose L'Original
Powder Flowers

Ciel Fragrance Reviews

lirael00
lirael00

As already stated in the comments this one is a mix of vanilla pudding and baby powder. I love powdery vanila fragrances so Ciel is a perfect choice for me. It reminds me of myself when I was in a kindergarten. It really bring back memories of being a kid. Such a nice delicate comfy scent.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Comfort in a bottle! And strangely elegant as well....

I get a faint whiff of Iris and Woods to complement the primary note of rose powder and non sweet vanilla.

Yes, there's a distinct baby powder aura, but the scent is in no way straight up talc! That said, those who hate powder should definitely avoid Ciel. Those of us who adore traditional powdery fragrances have found a treasure.

Other fragrances in this same general category include Sweet Honesty ( clean and fresh by comparison, with a lemony opening ) and Ombre Rose. Lutece it resembles somewhat, yet lacks the powerhouse, pungent undertone Lutece has. Overall, the closest scent association for me would be Ombre Rose, but YOU decide!

On sniffing me, a friend mentioned that Ciel has a YELLOW powder aura. I completely agree! Perhaps a touch of ylang ylang, the listed amber, or the vanilla pudding base mentioned? Whatever it is, the results are clearly understated comfort and elegance.

I must complement the nose who created Ciel. How often does one find a bargain basement treat redolent of chic restraint and palpable good taste?

Top notch! :D

Natalie05
Natalie05

I had it when I was 16. It's rather beautiful, soft, powdery... It reminds me spring and when snow melts. Love it!

galaxy86
galaxy86

Holy smoke... This is one of the best comfort scent I have smelt... It is just plain, simple and beautiful. Beautiful iris with sweet powdery base. Thanks a million to briarthorn for the decant!!!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a powdery dream; it is everything the notes say--powdery iris in a sweet rosy musk with a hint of vanilla. It's very similar to Lutece, or like a powdery Marshmallow Mor. Longevity is at least 5 hours in me, sillage moderate to strong but not in an overwhelming way. Very nice.

beverley.beckett1
beverley.beckett1

my favorite perfume wish i could get it to buy in the UK.

Mirlo
Mirlo

I love it. It doesn't remind me of vanilla pudding or baby powder. It reminds me of a classic fragance, one that can't go wrong because it's simple and timeless. It's the mixture of woody+powdery+vanille-y+floral what gives it that classic feel. I can imagine this perfume on the dressing table of a lady from 1925. It is powdery but in a nice way, like vintage face powder. And the vanilla isn't nauseating or too sweet as in an Yves Rocher perfume.
My mother absolutely, totally, intensely hates anything that smells "eatable" (she used to complain a lot about my teenage fragances and say that they smelled like flavoured yoghurts and candy and that she wouldn't put them on for all the gold in the world). However, she did purchase this perfume. I think that goes to show that it isn't all that sweet!
To me, Ciel proves that you don't need to spend lots of dollars on a perfume for it to be nice and elegant. It's not VERY long-lasting (or else I grow used to it after a while), but then again, some expensive perfumes wear off soon too. This one is also very affordable.
What can I say. I just love it!

Zoharsinai
Zoharsinai

LO USE HACE AÑOS Y ES UN AROMA MUY SUTIL DE VAINILLA Y POLVO DE BEBE¡¡ I LOVE¡¡¡¡

mirisaba
mirisaba

Soft, comforting, creamy and not too sweet. Prototype of a vanilla-powder fragrance. I receive compliments when I wear it and the price is unbeatable.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Sometimes I'm in the right mood to wear fragrances like this, that make me feel calm and relaxed...as I was a child, and used the baby powder after the bath! Cielo is a powdery-but not too powdery fragrance: it has more similarities with Talco delicato by I profumi di firenze than Teint de neige by Villoresi; I can also notice a bit of vanilla and a touch of rose. I find it also somehow similar to Soft musk by Avon, another simple, confortable fragrance that I love!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i don't think a lot of people are really interested in this fragrance, so i will permit myself to write down a useless comment:
ComfyCat, i know this is not a chatroom but i had to lough so mutch about your review by having lively pictures of what one does in the kitchen alike your description, that i had to tell you how mutch you amused me with your words. hahaha!

nononno, don't buy don't buy! screaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

You want to know what Ciel smells like? Ok here we go:

Go to the bathroom and grab a large package of babypowder, now move on to the kitchen and fix some vanilla pudding, pay attantion to go really heavy on the vanilla. Now put the vanilla pudding on your wrist, and dust it really generously with the baby powder, voilá that's Ciel...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ulric de Varens Ciel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ulric de Varens Ciel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ciel by Ulric de Varens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ciel by Ulric de Varens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.