Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Anvers Ulrich Lang for men

Anvers Ulrich Lang for men
dislike

herbal

Anvers by Ulrich Lang is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Anvers was launched in 2003. Anvers was created by Roger Szmulewicz and Ulrich Lang. Top notes are lime, mint, basil, sage, bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are honey, sesame, violet, jasmine and geranium; base notes are leather, amber, oakmoss, woodsy notes and guava.

Lime Mint Basil Sage Bergamot Tangerine

Honey Sesame Violet Jasmine Geranium

Leather Amber Oakmoss Woodsy Notes Guava

Anvers Fragrance Reviews

prot72
prot72

My gem and my discovery. This is very good fragrance with many faces. I’m glad I didn’t write the review just after first few application because it has very complicated soul. Depending on the mood, chemistry of your body, that is actually changing constantly, Anvers evolves to completely different combination of notes every minute, every hour. One day I used Anvers it was sharp, scratching throat, even unpleasant, but fascinating. Next day I got nervous, stressed and I couldn't understand why I'm surrounded by sweet smell of pleasant and happy honey and guava fruit. Another day I was completely relaxed and fragrance disappear minutes after application, even I sprayed it many times it just doesn't exist until evening when explosion of sophisticated spicy smell bite my mind. Good, really good. Uncommon and very well crafted. Remember when Anvers is in use you have to be patient.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Sorry, I just don't get them, I'm talking about the honey, bergamot, lime and floral notes. All I get is moss and leather notes that come together to give a smokey/incense aroma.

I do see the resemblance to Sung Homme, except this definitely does not have the ashtray note.

Not exactly unique or a head turner, to me.

Not dark enough to hold back for
summer or spring application.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This reminds me of the big scents from the 80s to the early 90s. Deep, a little mysterious, and commanding. When you smell it off the skin, you catch surprising fruity and aromatic nuances. It sparks curiosity. One or two sprays will give you a good aura of the scent. Any more, it can be rather off-putting to the point of social castration, so spray with the matter of your intent behind it.

Go ahead, have Anvers wear you. Cast your insecurities aside. Now walk, swagger, smoulder...you own the room...you own the building now. Chest hair is optional. Anvers makes wearing shiny bikini briefs okay. Your old Ford Escort feels like a compact limo now. Anvers trumps all your little trivial things.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

AVERSE TO ANVERS

Initial blast - urinal 'cake'. Was so close to rushing to wash it off.
But, I resisted.

The dry down is less offensive, but that's not saying much.
I'm not sure what's the problem here - maybe the germanium/citrus combo?
It's way too sharp, and the urinal cake turns into something very cheap smelling.

Anvers 2 is a completely different fragrance (thankfully).

CDGfan
CDGfan

Alfarom nailed it pretty much, while this is nice this nice there is something mass market about it. In fact, Alfred Sung Homme smells quite similar and its $15-20 and projects and lasts longer.

eric.del grande
eric.del grande

i jadore this scent! its soo unique and intense, its sharp, alluring yet lovely aromatic and masculine. i am wayyy into it now. but i can seee that its soo distinct it may burn u out but not me not yet!! try a sample on luckyscent if ur unsure!

Anvers opens with a fresh herbaceous accord immediately joined by honey and violet. The whole fragrance is made of a pleasant and gentle sweetness as the honey note is cleverly freshened by herbs and surrounded by a tropical fruits feeling that make this fragrance quite distinctive. On the other hand I get a few "ordinary aspects" that made me think about others generic mass market fragrances especially in the drydown where IMO Anvers lacks in personality. Overall this is a nice scent and quite an easywear. Nothing really necessary but if you're lucky you can find it for 20$ at a discount store (as happened to me).

Rating: 6.5/10

This may be the best mans fragrence ever made. Not an expert familiar with all the terminlogy involving olfactory senses, but have used many different colognes over the years, and have never found one quite like this. Lasts all day, unique and masculine.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ulrich Lang Anvers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ulrich Lang Anvers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Anvers by Ulrich Lang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Anvers by Ulrich Lang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.