Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

White Undergreen for women and men

White Undergreen for women and men
dislike

coconut
White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures White Undergreen for women and men Pictures

White by Undergreen is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. White was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Fabrice Olivieri. Top notes are coconut, mint and aldehydes; middle notes are jasmine, african orange flower and ylang-ylang; base notes are tuberose, styrax, orris root and amyris.

Coconut Mint Aldehydes

Jasmine African Orange flower Ylang-Ylang

Tuberose Styrax Orris Root Amyris

White Fragrance Reviews

Readysniffer1
Readysniffer1

This is very minty, and very vegetal. It seems a lot like wearing the scent of a salad.

I wore it to the nursery and picked out plants while I was wearing it, and I have to admit it was the perfect scent to wear for that. When I came home and read the notes I expected to find carrots, or tomato leaves in the notes.

I don't love it yet, but I think by the time I've worn the whole sample I might really be into it.

Moderate longevity, little sillage. Being all natural I felt safe wearing it on a day when the pollen count was high, and I can definitely say it did not tweak my allergies.

I never did get tuberose though. I might not recognize the natural versions of notes I am used to smelling in synthetics? My brain goes a little haywire with orris, so I wonder if that is why I am having to ease into this one!

alberto1964
alberto1964

Mint, mint and a far sweetness. Pleasant, fresh, comfortable. A nice clean scent that does not attack and leaves the person wearing it a pleasant sense of security.

LANIER
LANIER

It was all white. Everything was white, the iced chestnut trees in the Tuileries, the clouded winter sky, the doves eating baguette crumbs from the old woman’s hand by the Place du Carousel. The snow over all of Paris was new clean white.

He walked toward the Rue de Rivoli past the Louver he leaned into and against the blanching freeze that turned every thought east to a distant spring. His winter coat lined in white fox could not keep the cold out, the cold came from within. A longing for her that could never been satisfied, only staved off by the smell of white flowers. He had to get to the flower shop and smell her flowers again. The tuberose and delicate Amyris that she always wore in a corsage in May, The Jasmine and Ylang Ylang in her perfume, the orange blossoms of there wedding day in Giverny, the bouquet he carried always in his heart.

He crossed under the arches of the Palais Royal and turned west along the Rue de Rivoli fresh snow the color coconut shavings fell like feathers from dying angels. The Angels of Paris he knew who had no souls or tears or compassion for the living of the city, but only watched and waited like the gargoyles of Notre Dame for nothing other than the white cold night.

He pushed on to Durocher nearly knocking over delivery boy unloading boxes of white mint for the chef at Le Dali. When he burst through the double doors of the flower shop his glasses fogged over white in the sudden hothouse induced tropics of the establishment. Blindly he thrust a fist of Euros to the shadow figure before him. Madame Durocher had the bouquet ready and into his hands at once. She knew so well now his daily routine and bid him adieu with a sigh. She watched from the door as a flurry of white snow enveloped him.

The taxi was waiting on the corner near the statue of Jeanne D’Arc just as it had yesterday and as it would be tomorrow. The driver knew how important this fare was and never missed the pickup. The man with the white bouquet said nothing as they sped south east across the city toward the Place de la Bastille. Half way around the monument in the Place the taxi turned on to Rue de la Rouquette. They were almost there.

Monsieur Vibert stood nose buried in the spring flower bouquet before her tomb marked with the little soulless angel of white marble. He wanted to smell only the bouquet and not the dying iris mixing with the styrax from the next crypt. Everything was as white as the dress she was buried in. His tears, one by one fell to freeze on the petals of his bride’s wedding bouquet.

***************

“White” by Undergreen (Paris France) is such a beautiful melancholy perfume. One expects a tuberose, jasmine perfume infused with aldehydes to be overwhelming. But here I have found a delicate romantic broken heart of a perfume that is purely lovely. The ingredients are listed by Undergreen as 100% natural and they certainly smell fresh. Not laundry fresh but fresh cut from the top coconut to the iris used to make the orris butter in the base of the perfume

The first aldehydic blast opens the perfume with white mint and coconut which is stunning and modern. It embodies the feeling of a bright euphoric white light that draws you forward into the heart of the perfume. As it calms in the first moments of the shift to the middle notes the aldehydes stay to open the heart notes and give them a classic elegant support. It is here in the heart where the jasmine, ylang ylang and the orange blossoms create an envelope of gorgeous white insolent beauty, indolic accords that waft in and out with the ever rising note of the tuberose that comes up from the base of the perfume. In the dry down the aldehydes fade into a supporting roll for the balsamic styrax that blends with an earthy orris butter that is simply put, creamy and lush. There is a touch of white flower Amyris wood that with the orris butter and the rest of the base notes work well to keep this tuberose open to any sex that prefers to wear it. It is a male friendly tuberose in fact. “White” is marketed as uni-sex but lets face it, the notes in this perfume don’t care who wears them, just that you enjoy them.

The perfume has a moderate sillage and lasts on my skin about six hours.

Many find tuberose to be just too heady a floral to wear but here in “White” I find it is a tamed tuberose and quite charming. “White” would be a good place to begin to explore the white indolics and make friends with them before moving on to the big guns.

WHITE BY UNDERGREEN 5 GOLD STARS

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

The mint and the indolic flowers combine to give the impression of Porta Potty chemicals.

It may work differently with the chemistry of others, but this is not a good combination for me.

honeydays
honeydays

Too indolic and sickly sweet for me.

suzrwin
suzrwin

The aldehyde and mint topnotes in this smelled like I had been pickling in a bad vat of gin. Fortunately, this soon gave way to the floral midnotes. The tuberose base came out to play very quickly as well. Unfortunately, the first trial had very little lasting power, although I'll be giving it another go-round on a less hot day.

Overall, I'd say this is finish-the-sample worthy, but it doesn't make me want to rush out to buy a bottle.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

I had ordered the 4 Undergreen samples and the White Perfume is my favorite. I just received a bottle as a Holiday gift (yay!) and love it. The coconut is gentle and "dry" enough that, mixed with the aldehydes, it makes me think of fir trees and keeps this aromatic freshness for a while. It is not very long lasting, but this is indicative of natural fragrances, thus quality. This fragrance has a nice level of complexity and it will work well in various settings.

meece
meece

I got a sample of this and I love it. It smells perfectly clean, those days where you want to not worry whether your fragrance is overpowering.

Delicate, sweet but not cloying.Lovely coconut, not suntan lotion, but freshly grated.

Very comforting, however I also think it is quite sophisticated.

pumpkintime
pumpkintime

Fine toilet soap. Like "Chanel No. 5" when you warm it up after a while!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Undergreen White fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Undergreen White, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White by Undergreen. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White by Undergreen represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.