Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Rock`n Rose Valentino for women

Rock`n Rose Valentino for women
dislike

Rock`n Rose Valentino for women Videos

Rock`n Rose is a fragrance for rock princesses, young women, 'irresistible elegant and provocative', as said by Valentino Garavani about his fragrance. Valentino dresses many of rock stars and knows exactly what he is saying. His fragrance has a marvelous rose in its heart, softened by gardenia, heliotrope and vanilla, which also bring in a bit of intrigue in its stern sound.

The perfume Rock`n Rose is composed of fresh fruity ('irresistible'), classic floral ('elegant') and sensual ('provocative') nuances, just as the great Couturier said. The top notes are lily of the valley, black currant, and bergamot. The heart notes are rose, gardenia, and orange blossom. The base is sandal wood, heliotrope, iris and vanilla. The bottle is shaped like a glass sphere; it lies comfortably in hand, with a black top with edges diamond-like shaped. The fragrance was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron.

Black Currant Bergamot Green Notes

Rock`n Rose Pret-A-Porter

Rock`n Rose Fragrance Reviews

Sabrinae94
Sabrinae94

Really wanted to like this perfume as I got it as a gift, but it just doesn't work for me. Literally just smells cheap and like some kind of cleaning product regardless of when I wear it. Gonna be getting rid of this one with barely any used. If anyone has any good floral perfumes they like, please let me know as I'm still searching!

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Sweet powdery rose perfume with additional floral scents of gardenia orange blossom and heliotrope. They're soft flowers not heavy. It's mostly rose but I can also really pick up on the heliotrope and gardenia. There's powder. There is cassis or grapes and vanilla. A beautiful fruity floral spring time scent or summer fragrance. Great to wear day or night. Romantic and girly. I thought this rose would be more hardcore because of the "rock'n'roll" vibe from the name but it's a sweet well behaved rose that does not go to rock concerts but she probably does listen to a few classic rock songs like Light My Fire by The Doors or likes to rock out to The Rolling Stones - in the privacy of her own home jumping up and down her bed in her pajamas.

laniejames
laniejames

My very first rose perfume. Was fond of using this during my middle school night out with my girls! It's a powdery rose scent but I'd prefer fresh or true rose scents.

Solstice88
Solstice88

I'm always wary of 'flowery' perfumes as you don't want to end up smelling like potpourri. I was pleasantly surprised by this though. Its a nice rose, powdery but not too sweet. Does fine for an afternoon lunch with the girls, but would probably use something else for a daytime date. Lasts a while and I think if you want to go floral then this is a good way to do it.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

I find this to be a very light (faint) scent that lasts for a very short time....not even body-spray strength...

morningviewangel99
morningviewangel99

I had high hopes for this one as it is a popular rose scent and I love rose, but I was underwhelmed. It's a pleasant scent with a hint of rose and several other floral notes. Light and doesn't assault the senses like some florals, but wasn't anything special. Was completely gone in an hour. Wouldn't repurchase due to longevity and lack of uniqueness.

taurus2313
taurus2313

I definitely sense the Red Rose in this. Beautiful Red Rose floral mix with a nice light drydown. It is a very nice unoffensive scent. Actually this is what I would call a soft and sensual scent. Really romantic with its soft powdery base. Nothing else I have comes close to this one. Very unique!

NadiaJozi
NadiaJozi

This perfume reminds me of variety memories it's intimate and romantic ,it's not a strong perfume but once it goes inside the nose, lasts forever. the mixture of rose and lemon is delicate.

foxy_princess

So i've given it over a week now... ive experimented layering to give this perfume a chance to shine and i think ive found it's perfect partner. i layer with escada Magnetism and with my skin chemistry these two together smell like YSL Parisienne! how cool is that :) if you have difficulty with liking this perfume I suggest layering it with something warm/spicy or fruity, because this perfume doesn't have much depth or heaviness to begin with.

foxy_princess

Blind bought. big mistake. I wish i got the blackcurrant everybodys talking about, it smells like alcohol at first then a cheap rose and baby powder scented candle

I have a 50ml up for swap with 30ml of liquid still inside. UK swappers only

sarka-destiny

I have the same question! What did happen with pictures? :(

Yessamin
Yessamin

Why has the picture disappeared from all Valentino's fragances?

miahreis

I am totally in love with this fragrance for two reasons: one being it's a rose scent that doesn't smell synthetic, and two, it smells like a powdery rose, which for me is quite lovely! When I smell this I can see this perfume being owned by a lady in the 1940's. I can see her sitting at her vanity dresser, spritzing lightly with this before she goes to a jive hop or even a church picnic. I'm 26 years old, and I love this fragrance totally! I wish it came with bath powder, idk there is just something more comforting about bath powder as opposed to body lotion :) I've started layering this with Bath & Body Works Peony which they just re-released for their semi-annual sale, and it seems to mix well and make it last longer!

AngelEuphoria
AngelEuphoria

I love this one for weekend, evening or casual wear. I doubt it was intended for the office. It's rosey without being too rosey/floral, so it's not overly mature. I tried Dolce G's Rose The One and it was too much floral compared to this. Complicated and sexy, apply sparingly for Church. It's also a great fragrance to wear under sweaters or other heavy layers.

perhapser
perhapser

a very powdery rose- not much rock n roll about it, very mature smelling

greengrl
greengrl

What a sweet & refreshing rose scent! Although the name implies something loud & hardcore, it is anything but. It opens up with a light blend of bergamot, black currant and rose. The dry down is soft and close to the skin with just the right amount of vanilla and white florals. For a while this was my signature scent and I would often receive compliments whenever I wore it. It can be worn during both day & night. Careful not to over do it, it has great longevity & sillage.

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

Smells like warm sexy skin! Guessing it's the rosy gardenia-sandalwood combo on a clean musky base. Creamy. Calming, seductive, very womanly. I quite like it.

PS. Has nothing to do with the rebellious rocker thing going on in the adds, IMHO.

teadrinker
teadrinker

I rather like this. It smells like a sweet, candied rose on me, which is all good as far as I'm concerned. It's light, fun, and airy, with some other floral notes complimenting the rose, but rose is clearly the main note. I definitely can't wear this fragrance every day, I'd get sick of it (so not signature scent material), but when I'm in the mood it's great.

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Blackcurrant, vanilla, orange blossom and rose. Sounds delirious, but it works!!!
Like many high-end frangrances that are lower quality in the way they're mixed (in my humble opinion), most of the notes in this tend to mix together and they're quite hard to make up and recognise - however, the end result is quite delightful nonetheless.
The frangrance is sweet yet deep, with a very subtle powdery feel in the background.. this really is candy for women - not little girls!
The staying power is immense (I still smell this on my skin, not only clothes, the day after)
... so is the sillage though. So this might be quite an offensive fragrance to wear if you're around lots of people in a professional environment..

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

I had it a long time ago and i liked it and i can still remember the smell of it. Not too much rosy, a little bit sweet due to vanilla note. Too bad i'm reading in the reviews it's been discontinued. I've Dhalia noir EDT and it remined me of it while Dhalia is more powdery and soft.

LisaMari
LisaMari

This just smells like a cardboard scratch'n'sniff rose.. ...zzzzzz

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I was looking for a rose perfume and after being disappointed with Dolce & Gabbana's Rose the One, which if you read my review on that one, I have to say it smells absolutely NOTHING like rose. Anyways, after reading the notes here on Fragrantica for Valentino's rock n rose, I decided to give it a try. I scored a full size bottle from ebay for 38 bucks!!! I have to say that I'm disappointed in this one. No wonder why it's been discontinued. All I get from initial spray to dry down is rose mixed with POWDER!! The powder note gives Rock n Rose a cheap smelling quality. The Main Accords list "fruity" as a note, but I smell nothing fruity here on my skin. Maybe this fragrance wouldn't be so bad if the "powder" note was just eliminated altogether. I was hoping Rock n Rose would have put more emphasis on the "rose", but sadly it doesn't. I would not repurchase this scent again. My search continues for a true rose fragrance.

ertemid
ertemid

I have it on my wrist now and there are tears in my eyes; not because of joy. This smell pretends to be a soft floral but it's not! It's very overpowering in a very very bad way to my taste. Going to the bathroom to wash it off.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

The opening was very alcoholic and green, like crushed leaves. I didn't find it very pleasant. But the drydown is great, a clean floral smell of musky rose and gardenia with a hint of vanilla. I found it was fairly long lasting but it was always a skin scent. Perfect for office wear, inoffensive and clean smelling, but not boring.

Shivana
Shivana

Delicate fragrance that is in my opinion quite deceptive. I felt that the intial woody tones faded quite fast and I was left after 10 minutes with a powdery scent.

However, some 8 hours later!! I can still detect the scent and it has warmed up a little with fruity honey like aroma.

It is still very delicate. No one else has remarked upon the scent and I have to bring my wrist to my nose to get detect it on myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update (some months later)
I highly recommend that people be cautious before purchasing the touch solid perfume.
The scent of the parafin/paraben/petrolium base can be detected through the fragrance. To me, it overwhelms the fragrance.

Ildemus
Ildemus

Very beautiful scent. does anybody know if this is discontinued?

timida88
timida88

A very safe gift to someone who is a huge fan of florals. Yes, roses should have a main role, but i find it sometimes more green than just soft "pink" perfume.

dream
dream

It's a nice and soft floral scent, but it vanishes from your skin in no time

MelixMc
MelixMc

This is, without a doubt, a perfume aimed at young people. I got it at 12 years old and have come to dislike it more and more with age. It's not a bad perfume, don't get me wrong. But it sure is youthful! It will always have a special place in my heart!

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

This is good. I got a sample of it and like to wear it ocassionally.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I had a small bottle of this years ago, and when I tried it out at Perfumania a while back, I realized...I had forgotten how synthetic it smelled. Or maybe I didn't know any better as a teenager. *shrug* Anyway, the plasticky smell of fake rose seems a little juvenile to me as an adult--not as in "young enough to get carded" juvenile, but "hey, look, my new Barbie doll came with perfume." I love a rose fragrance, but not this one. There are some very good mid-priced rose perfumes out there. This isn't one of them. Its Pret-a-Porter flanker isn't nearly as screechy, and while neither would be a first choice (I like a rose with more personality and less of a chemical burn), I'd take Pret-a-Porter over the original.

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

I received this as a gift, but I didn't really like it.
It smells mostly of alcohol, and a talcy, powdery smell. I didn't get rose, or anything else...smelled like a drink, rather than than a perfume.

Gracielasan
Gracielasan

i got this as a gift. its a very different scent. its not too sweet like for a princess perfume, but just the right amount of sweetness and flowery edge to be a rock princess's perfume. it is a little strong for my skin so a little goes a long way. i wear it to parties.

I am of the considered opinion that aesthetic evaluations are always relative. Unfortunately for Valentino ROCK 'N ROSE, I have been wearing a lot of Keiko Mecheri ATTAR DE ROSES and Creed FLEURS DE BULGARIE of late. Next to those gorgeous, complex, regal rose perfumes, ROCK 'N ROSE seems pretty petit bourgeois.

Nonetheless, I can state that, relative to other members of its own social and economic class, ROCK 'N ROSE is pretty good. The opening portends a possibly splendid rose perfume to come: lush, bright, and concentrated enough--could it really be rose? I found myself marveling--to fool the nose for a minute or so. Until, that is, its base origins begin to peer through the veneer of what seemed to be a nobler creation.

The base is sticky sweet. I believe that it is the same one used in perfumes such as Badgley Mischka FLEURS DE NUIT and Britney Spears BELIEVE, although ROCK 'N ROSE is a Valentino perfume, now under the management of Procter & Gamble, not Elizabeth Arden. Nonetheless, it is possible that all of these corporate conglomerates are sourcing their millions of gallons of solvent "stuff" from a small number of similar vats. This particular base grows stronger over time and ends up masking what were initially the distinct virtues of the perfume in question. In this case, that would be the succulent rose opening.

ROCK 'N ROSE is yet another example of a perfume which must have been a big hit at the counter. Had I tried it there, I might have been sold on the spot. Instead, I was sent a huge (I'm serious--it must hold 3 ml) vial along with an online order. This provided me with the leisure to get to know this perfume before issuing a verdict, which is: this is a good perfume relative to the pink juices currently being fobbed off today. If you're ready to ascend the rose perfume social ladder, I recommend Keiko Mecheri or Creed.

BradsLizzie7
BradsLizzie7

I bought this perfume in search of a good rose perfume for many purposes.

I would describe this perfume as a soft, white floral with a hint of warmth and a gentle rose.

I love this perfume, as I find it soft and not overpowering, but such a lovely rose.

If you are looking for a tea rose type of fragrance that is very pronounced, then this is not the perfume for you. I don't agree with the reviews that call this perfume chemical.

I would call this a soft rose with just a hint of edge and warmth.

ArsAnima
ArsAnima

This impressed me in a very bad way. On my skin, it smelled like burnt plastic.
I wouldn't say that I don't recommend it, as it may vary in accordance with every person's skin. Nonetheless, I strongly suggest you try it, before buying it.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I'm so much disappointed with this perfume! It smells really cheap,like a very strong scent of roses and alcohol :(

Trinidella

Another of my recent purchases. I love how this scent is gentle and bearable. Its soft but not forgetable. It is warm and a pleasure to wear in the tropics!!!

Trinidella

I am not a young, rock-princess, but I do love this one.
not overpowering at all. It wears well.

caca102
caca102

Although the name implies youth and excitement, Rock n' Rose is actually a delicate and feminine fragrance for formal and traditional occasions, when you just want to smell nice and inoffensive. Whatever floral or fruity notes it has, a powdery feel quickly takes over. If you like powdery, slightly sweet fragrance this will worth a try. It reminds me of Oscar de la Renta's Rosamor. Longevity is about 5-6 hours.

geelightning
geelightning

This is such a bad girl's perfume. I picture sexy biker chick.

I wanted to try out the couture one but instead I got this and I thought I was gonna hate it but I don't. I didn't like it when I first sprayed it but after a minute, it smelled good. It's not listed in the notes above but I seem to get a whiff of leather in this. This is one of those perfumes that are just perfect for their names. I do get the rock n rose vibe in this one.

brixnx
brixnx

for me, it smells just like play doh. :/

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is one of my favorite perfumes because it is different from the others. It isn't too sweet, or too flowery like some others. It has just the right amount of fruit (black currant, bergamot) mixed with the elegant florals (orange blossom, rose, gardenia)and just a touch of sandalwood, and vanilla to make this a well rounded, rich, full fragrance experience like no other. I highly recommend this scent for it's delightful differences.

kristalbee
kristalbee

This is just GORGEOUS and I am so annoyed they have stopped selling this in the UK. I don't agree with the idea its a 'young'scent - young at heart maybe - or the respectable lady who likes to dress in leather and ride her motorbike at the weekends. It has a lovely top note which I find not too floral - something in there stops it being too 'mumsie" and it dries down to a va va voom sort of smell . Without fail when I wear it I get compliments from men and woman -its an 'unusual' smell -not generic- more of a 'what's that you're wearing"? rather than 'oh your wearing.... aren't you"?

kkw80
kkw80

This is a light sweet fruity rose fragrance. Definitely something for younger woman. The smell immediately reminded me of the ice cream lollies I used to eat as a child. Bought the FB just for that reason.

Trinidella

I recently acquired this scent. I am gonna wear it to the office tomorrow and definitely report back. I am interested in its longevity and appropriateness for office wear and my chemistry. looking forward!!!!!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Yawn. What a boring rose-ish scent. Too much other stuff -- should've focused on the ROSE in the mix!

sarka-destiny

I didn´t like rose scent till i smelled this one first time. Since then i was longing for this fragrance and i bought it. It´s one of my favourits.

cincobayou
cincobayou

I am an OLD Rock Star; yet, I enjoy this delightful fragrance when I feel in my "rosy mood".
My grandson of 27 years gave this to me for Xmas because he liked it.
It smells like a bouquet of sweet roses on me when I first spray it on, not overpowering at all.
I have worn it to work, where it goes well; and I have worn it to bed, after a delightful bubble bath, where it makes me feel special and enchanting to sleep and dream.
It is the closest smell of Rose in all 50-60 fragrances that I have on my "Perfume Wall"....and I enjoy it.

Remember...you do not have to be "young" to wear and enjoy fragrances.

RedIndianGirl
RedIndianGirl

This scent is the only one I own that when I'm wearing it, men turn their heads and ask, "What are you wearing?" Complete strangers will stop and say, "You smell divine." On me the rose scent warms up until it is heady and fragrant, and then the bergamot and vanilla warm and complement each other for a beautiful, subtle hint of seduction. I like to wear it when I go out to rock shows and wear my leather jacket and Frye motorcycle boots. It perfectly balances toughness with sweetness.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Beautiful bottle, nice scent but just isn't me starts off a nice floral with a bit of rose but then just dies down to a clean smell, last about 2hrs on me.

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

A fun, flirtatious, mischevious little bit of business -- not terribly sophsiticated, but not without personality! Just a little patience is needed!

Certainly, yes, there's a rush of black currant and hot rose at first, and yep, it's almost run-away sweet; but within minutes something more interesting happens ...

That (flourescent) fruit-candy rose smooths out, develops some depth, and the fragrance evolves into a more interesting composition. Musk makes its appearance, very soft, and sandalwood and vanilla start to appear. And still there's the lovely sweet-tart currant throughout.

At the end the heliotrope appears, a further calming presence. I'm sure the white florals contribute something to the fragrance but they're overshadowed by the rose and fruit. But no matter.

I was prepared to sort of blow this off, thinking it might just not be that interesting ... now, instead, I might consider buying a small bottle for the summer!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Valentino Rock n’ Rose is a light soapy rose. I have a love hate relationship with this perfume. For some reason it reminds me of the deodorizing spray they used on the rental skates at the local skating rink when I was a kid. It’s a clean young rose that is slightly sweet, with heavy gardenia, and underlying musk. For a designer as prestigious as Valentino, I was expecting a fragrance much better than this.

gabscarmona
gabscarmona

''pretty rock princesses''? obviously the person who posted that comment must be an old lady who lives with 9 cats and knows absolutely NOTHING about seducing scents. This fragance is absolutely sensual and youthful, not too strong but yet has the power of turning heads, valentino succeeded in transmitting and blending the powerful vibe of rock and the romancing scent of roses.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Normally I hate lily of the valley and gardenia, and my skin unfortunately amplifies them, but not with this one.
This is a really great rose scent, with a lot of depth. It opens with a lot of rose, with gardenia and blackcurrant in the background making it very mysterious and enigmatic. The blackcurrant is a little bit syrupy, making this into a kind of rose - liqueur. These notes dominate for most of its duration, with sandalwood and heliotrope coming out as it dries down, grounding this heady mix. Not sure how 'rock' this really is,but if I could embody this fragrance I would say it's the english rose Karen Elsen in Blue Orchid for the White Stripes.

virga
virga

To my nose it’s neither rock nor rose. Not bad, just ordinary floral fruity. Suitable for good girls (teenagers mostly), who imagine their selves as “pretty rock princesses”.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Had this perfume a little while back and let say it definitely made an impression. Synthetic, sweet, fruity and lovely :) Despite the slight tart synthetic edge to it, i cant smell the roses in this, rather all i got was Hubba Bubba Grape Bubblegum, must have been the rose + blackcurrant combo and this i love! However, i dont think any 21 year old in their right mind would like to smell like a 5 year old with sweet chewed gum stuck in their hair, so i promptly excluded it from my collection. Very sweet and fruity, definitely not for anyone above 2o+ ish, the drydown is better, a little more soft floral and feminine.

jodee
jodee

I didn't smell any rose, the only thing this smelled like to me was dishwashing liquid. I really don't like this one at all.

CenturyChild
CenturyChild

I am in love with this perfume. It smells so nice on my skin and it lasts quite long on me. It is not a scent that you know its THERE and it hits you into your nose like a fist, its a scent that lingers and "melts" into your own natural smell. Its very delicate and feminine.

Gaby666
Gaby666

Charming and nice smell, sweet and gentle. But someone can smell heavy. I was really impressed. It's my favorite. I highly recommend everyone who likes sweet (not spicy or fresh) scent!
By the way, it's a really hot fragrance. Recommend for winter or summer cold days.

kikinha
kikinha

Have tried this weekend and I think I love it! However, I want to try again to make sure it is worthy to buy - I am an addicted: I have about 20 bottles and I never have enough!

ParlaTino
ParlaTino

Wow, I just saw Valentina, which is also my name, by Valentino is coming up and I thought "Maybe there'll be a fragrance in the future named 'Rock n Rose'." And the name came to me because I love rock and my name has Rose. So I thought it was really great to combine them both. But then I saw this perfume by Valentino, just beside Valentina! Unbelievable. Valentino invented two fabulous names for fragrance. I haven't tried either, but I really really want to.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

Strong ! so strong ! But I still like it.
The opening note is so powerful, but a few minutes later it becomes soft and nice. I'm used to wearing it only in fall/winter time.

cindo45
cindo45

Very average - below Valentino's standards in my opinion. Does not last long enough.

jae21583
jae21583

The rose in this is center stage.A great fragrance for day or night.Its soft and sweet and wears well especially if you layer it with the body lotion.Its a floral,bright scent.Always one of my favourites.

miahreis

I don't know if anyone else get's this, but when I first sprayed it on my skin, it reminded me of something that I couldn't think of, then after I stepped out of the shower and started to apply lotion on my legs, I knew! Rock n Rose reminds me of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion! I absolutely love the lotion, and I adore the perfume! I'm going to try wearing it to the office and see how it goes over there :)

Louw
Louw

I bought this in Duty Free on the basis of one quick spray. I didn't regret my purchase, because it's a really nice, gentle floral with a beautiful heart of rose that dominates but isn't too strong.

It's an inoffensive scent that will neither annoy anyone nor attract attention, so it's suitable for office wear and everyday use.

Unfortunately, it's just a bit too nice and anonymous for my liking so I wore it for a while, then got bored of it. Still very pleasant, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I had a bottle and finished it. I used it as an office scent and liked it for that while. I thought it smells nicely like rose petals and maybe some flowers. It's nothing special but was ok for 1 bottle. I wouldn't want to buy more though.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Didn't like the smell of it at all on my skin. Almost sour smelling. Definately not for me!

orangie90
orangie90

blindly purchased it. love the smell. so soft and feminine, but doesn't last long on my skin. stays around for 4 hours. it was a worthy purchase i guess, considering i love floral smell. sometimes, it felt bore too.but it worth the try anyways.

janmcm
janmcm

I got this as a present and thought, hmmm roses? not for me. And I sprayed it and wasn't very keen on it. But I've went back to it and given it a second chance and I really like it now. It's not the old fashioned rose smell I thought it'd be, it's very light and fresh, but it doesn't hang around long. So I'll just have to keep it in my handbag!

aelias
aelias

I was really disappointed in Rock'n Rose. The rose is terribly understated...I could hardly even notice it after a few minutes, and it was completely overwhelmed by the other floral notes. Not a great version of rose.

Hica
Hica

This is easily one of my top fragrances and I actually found it by mistake lol. Smells AMAZING on my skin... like a candied rose but not so strong it gives me a headache (which I get with really heavy scents). I can spray this on in the morning and can still faintly smell it 6 or so hours later. Love it so much that after I bought the 1.7oz I went and bought the 3oz bottle for a backup!

krissycat
krissycat

I love this scent and the bottle is absolutely gorgeous but the lasting power on this one is not good. I even bought the lotion hoping it would help to layer the scent. It's too bad because the scent itself is very beautiful

specialk070581
specialk070581

This one was a disappointment for me. It smells like roses and berries that have been left out in the sun and gone bad. Its not a horrible smell, but its not at all sparkling or zesty or EXCITING like other rose fragrances can be. There is also a musky tone that adds interest and is probably where the powdery element comes in, but I'm not a fan of musk so it doesn't work for me. Also, lasting power is terrible. Even when applied liberally this one lasts maybe an hour if I'm lucky. Its a shame because I like the bottle and the marketing!

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Niiice bottle and it makes me so happy. Love round bottles of scent! Something speaks "mod-science" to me in the design. What I get here is sugary candy-rose syrup and that is okay by me when I am in the mood for sugary candy-rose syrup. And if the looks of the bottle (which is only half-full at the moment), is any indication--I have been in the mood for it quite a bit...especially during the early fall of last year. Some heady floral in there. I get a little bit of the bubble-gum mentioned in other reviews...but this has a real sweet dry down that is just lovely...On me, more general sweet floral than rose, though.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I stumbled upon this one dusting my vanity 2nite and I must say it is a forgotten treasure... It is both classic and modern at the same time with its soft and powdery scent... Sum1 else here said it reminded them of Tresor and u know wut??? I agree... Its just a softer sweeter, less-cloying version...Kudos 2 Valentino!!!

Sissi
Sissi

Valentino's Rock 'n Rose is deliciously sexy it opens with a blast of Black current and sparkling bergamot dries with
a sweetness of gardenia with edgings of orange blossoms Heliotrope adds to the candy chewing gum kind of scent it has a cloying texture I don't smell any evidence of Lily-of-the-Valley in this i don't seem
to detect it there's a nice diluted rose
note that dries the middle section.

I like the vanilla drydown not too sweet
with a musky overtones.

I don't seem this as edgy feminine yes
it's more girlish then edgy I love the color combination it has an 1950's Parisian feel very chic.

simissagia
simissagia

Although I can't say this is the fragrance of my life, I can say it's a nice one.
I like fruity, sweet fragrances and Rock'n Rose is definetely one of them.
The only thing I don't like about it is that my boyfriend doesn't say anything about it when I'm wearing it. And he always does about every other fragrance...

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

Florals are not my favourite olfactory group. The only florals I can love are Pure Poison and Amarige. This - although it has a pleasant feel - is the generic floral perfume, as I see it, a reference point in this class of fragrances. Exceptionally light and highly centered on rose, it almost gives the impression of a soliflore. It's clean, airy and neutral, it does not make a statement. It would fit nicely a 12 to 14 year old girl, innocent, not yet in the restless search for a personality, not yet aware of the femininity growing from inside her, spreading its buds on her frail, still androgynous body. So light, it's not even innocent (as innocence IS in itself a statement, although it may be regarded otherwise, as something uncounsiously there). Just transparent and fresh, ethereal.

Sugared, berry rose. This fragrance grew on me. Smells very sexy after it has warmed- up on the skin for a bit. Perfect for work, too.

weegee
weegee

I agree with mwater1's 02/13/10 review. This is a light rose, but make no mistake: it's a persistent rose despite its lightness. A slightly musky aquatic rose... that's it! This is the first aquatic rose I've come across.

I smell the ozonic freshness of active fresh water, roiling mountain river, rain or a waterfall. And roses moist with mist. Noticeable to others long past my ability to smell it on myself. 8 hours in I layered on Baby Doll, YSL's rosy grapefruit fest, to great refreshing effect.

This fragrance is lovely & a true bargain but I won't be buying again. I'll go full-tilt and get YSL's Paris, the queen to Rock'n Rose's baby princess. Or, imagine Byblos without the dusty powdery sour-pickle note (which I rather enjoy, silly me).

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I liked this for only a second haha!

I first sprayed and it was very very faint and I had to spray a few more times before smelling it (maybe the tester was defective??).

It smelled rosy at the start, than spicy, than rosy again then it went stale on me after a half hour and so I wouldn't ever wear this one.

scentous
scentous

it is definitely not a rose scent, like D&G or paul smith rose, or even Lanvin Rumeur rose (a heavy and intense type of rose)..it is a loud floral with a pinch of rose which you can detect if you are looking for..it is really different, nothing like any other, very sexy and dirty kind of perfume..opening is sweet floral but in the top notes and dry down it transforms into a dark musky scent..according to me it's not a soft sweet girly perfume like many members mentioned..longevity is very good..

Amethyste
Amethyste

boring rose.. to me.

MissRalux
MissRalux

Rock & Rose its a sexy feminine perfume and i fell in love with it when i smelled it first time and hubby likes it as well.

Cereza
Cereza

Today I run out of my one and only bottle of Valentino's Rock&Rose. What can i say? The scent is kinda nice, really romantic, but nothing special. Good for work and everyday situations, but for nothing more. I enjoy'ed wearing it, but I'll never buy it again because there is no charachter.

misscareyann
misscareyann

Sweet sweet sweet.

On paper, Rock n Rose starts out as alcohol, and dries to a soft sugary rose.

On the skin, Rock n Rose becomes rock candy. The rose is almost lost in a whirlwind of candy and yes, bubblegum.

It is a pretty fragrance, very girly and whimsical. But if you're looking for a rose fragrance, this probably wont satisfy you.

I like it, but I'll reach for Stella by Stella McCartney for my roses, and save the Rock n Rose for dessert.

(The bottle does, in fact, rock!)

guest_monosmonos
guest_monosmonos

I don't usually buy the same perfume twice - I like to explore,but I got so many compliments on this one I could not resist & I had to buy a second bottle!It's sweet & fresh. Very youthfull.The only downside is the bottle is quite heavy in my handbag.I love it!I use it as an every day wear to brighte up my days ;)

natissimo
natissimo

wow.. just sniffed it and felt absolutely in love :):) very sensual, youthful... i want it! :)

Gosha

I have not thought that I would like those roses quite this much (at first I wasn't over the moon), but I really enjoy this one more and more! Nice, pleasant and yeah, I do feel the rock now! :-)

jae
jae

I decided to try this out while exploring rose fragrances.The rose, black currant and the faint traces of sandalwood make this fragrance for me. This is feminine, but not too girly. However, I wasn't sure I'd be too comfortable wearing this one out in public. But I got over that and found the right color scheme and mood to wear this in. This blends in well with my skin and lightens up my mood whenever I spray it on. I'll be keeping this one in my collection for awhile.

By the way, I blended this with Prada Infusion D'Homme out of pure curiosity and found the perfect unisex fruity-floral concoction. A definite plus.

mwater1
mwater1

I must disagree with a majority of reviews, so here goes: I really, really like it. The opening of Rock and Rose is a fruity type rose mixed in a slightly minty envelope. As the fragrance dries down, I get a dusty rose musk and it seems to have a hint of what I call marshmallow sweetness. I appreciate this fragrance for not being the typical rose fragrance. It's not cloying, not overly sweet but feminine and pretty without being girly girl. YAY!

Rock and Rose exhibits a slighty tart note reminiscent of a granny smith apple. This is a plus for me as it seems to turn a tad acidic and burns off some of the powder. It has excellent sillage and lasting power on me, coupled with being the perfect 'perfume weight'...not too heavy, not too light. Perfect for getting just the right amount of attention.

The more I use it, the more I fall in love! Rating 8 out of 10, only because it takes me a minute to acclimate to the slightly powdery nature as I usually can't stand powdery fragrances.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I wanted to like this. I really did. I read somewhere Lindsay Lohan loved and wore this one for a while. Oh, well. It's just not all that. Kinda stuffy. Goes nowhere on me. Does nothing for me. I like a perfume that sets a mood or creates one, an atmosphere, an aura, a presence. This one gives none of the above. Tried to sell it on ebay. Noone wanted it and I'm not surprised.

Gosha

To me it's very "rosy" and although I am not particularly keen on roses, this one is rather pleasant. Soft, and with a hint of something modern. I would certainly not call it sensual, elegant or provocative (as they do in the description), I think its more of a "nice" , feminine fragrance. I would occasionally wear it if given a bottle, but I would not spend the money on it.

Monos
Monos

I like it.I also like to mix parfumes. I like this one with Paul Smith Rose - it balances each other out.Sweet&Cool down,morning rose.

rithacha
rithacha

The opening is pure fruits. Jammy blackcurrant and citrus, not the fresh kind, but rather the ones that have been sitting on the bottom of the fruits basket all summer, waiting to be eaten, but never selected. Those grumpy fruits thicken and sour and eventually wane away to give way to the second phase of Rock'n Rose . . . sour lilies. With a hint of citrus. Contrary to the name, rose doesn't seem to be the point of the composition; all it does is add a little pink tinge to the otherwise white-floral oriented heart. But whereas white florals at their best are luminous and creamy, these lilies have been wilted for quite a while, but somebody neglected to throw them out. They eventually dry up into vanilla-musky dust, made powdery by the orris root.

I understand why all the sourness might make this fragrance "edgy," but this combination of sour fruits and neglected florals makes me think of a girly English parlour . . . with the maid on strike and turning to rot. Not quite spoiled *yet*, but I don't want to stick around for that to happen.

yvashche
yvashche

Very unoriginal. Something a celebrity would wear if the celebrity was Britney Spears. Smells like the color pink.

Malibu
Malibu

My first thought on ROCK N ROSE was “It smells like bubblegum”. Lightly fruity & quite sweet.
The floral notes are hidden under the fruit. With the word ‘rose’ in the name, I expected to be able to smell roses; no such luck.
The vanilla and musk base doesn’t excite me either; every other fragrance out there has the same base notes.

Still, this fragrance is a light, easy to wear choice and I do like to wear it. Plus, it’s inoffensive to work colleges, family and friends.

However, it just doesn’t have that mysterious ‘something’ that would make me re-buy it.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

The top notes in this scent are black currant and bergamot which envelope the middle notes of rose, lily of the valley, gardenia, and orange blossom. The dry down, as well as the middle and top notes, include something sweet: heliotrope, vanilla, sandalwood, musk, and orris root.

I wasn't much impressed with the scent. To me, it smelled quite a lot like overly scented sunblock lotion. The gardenia in this was very overpowering. I'd give it a three out of five though, because the staying power was great. I could smell it on my wrist after 6 hours.

The rose is almost undetectable until the dry down-there were so many other sweet, floral elements going on-the lily, gardenia, orange blossom, heliotrope, and orris root sort of overpower it, and it gets lost in the bouquet. it’s definitely a summer scent; I really can’t think what other season would blend with this.

I’m curious as to why they focused so intently on promoting it as a rose scent-the gardenia is really the most prominent of the florals, with the next most intense being the lily. The intensity of this really takes away from the rose-as aforesaid, I could not even detect any rose until the dry down. But I guess Rock n’ Rose sounds a little more attractive than Rock n’ Gardenia, or Rock n’ Lily.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I was expecting to smell roses, and didn't until the drydown. It's a very sparse, light perfume...almost too light. The saleslady called it 'fun' but I dunno....
Too bland for me.

vioversilver
vioversilver

I guess I expecting more metal and leather here,a tougher 'dirty' vibe from the 'rock' part but this is just very soft and pretty 'rose' - not that's anything negative in my book, I love the rose scent.
They just should of toughened this one up somehow.

A pretty posy scent.

jatzzie

Ok, I changed my mind about this perfume.It is just plain old ugh.I dunno what was wrong, cuz the last time I smelled it, I got roses, but now all I got was this weird stuffyness, as if someone had put a zillion things together and hoped for the best.Dissapointing, as the bottle is very pretty and I really liked the whole concept of this perfume. But well, no can do, or maybe I have to go and smell it again just to be sure.

rednose
rednose

I was under the impression that it would be such a great scent...I still can't believe I bought it. Oh well, to each their taste. It didn't suit me:(

falovalo
falovalo

This smells really beautiful, like sugared roses. It's light not only in scent but in strength as well. It has no roughness to it, as one would think by the name, it's perfectly girly and lady like. The drawback is it's lasting power. There isn't any. I put this on and few minutes later and it's undetectable.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Hmmm...EVERYONE seems to have different experiences with this perfume. How odd. I thought it was rather straight-forward on ME.

I must disagree with those that compared it to Tresor, Flowerbomb, & chewing gum. Flowerbomb is a sickenly sweet vanilla narcotic to me...and Tresor...well....we just don't get along at all. Chewing gum is yummy...but I definitely don't get a teeny-bopper chewing gum experience from this flower power!

Valentino Rock'n'Rose is actually a pleasant floral (and I'm not a floral fan). The bergamot is very strong at the beginning. The black currant is subtle, but there. After several minutes, I sniff my wrist again and I catch a whiff of gardenia and rose. Quite lovely...soft, sensual, and enticing. The orange blossom and lily of the valley show up a bit late, and somewhat shy, but the arrangement is harmonious. The dry down is still floral & pretty, but with a sizzling, slightly woody, musky aroma. The vanilla doesn't make a big presence (which is a nice change). There seems to be just a touch of fruit still lingering (but not noticeable enough to someone who's not looking for it). It has lasted 6 hours on me so far. I would probably prefer to wear this at night--to dinner or even out to a club. If you choose to wear it to work, use a light hand because it's a bit strong (which is good because it lasts a while). It's pretty, but with a teasingly flirty attitude. Fun...but also demure. The bottle is lovely in person. Not bad for someone who's not a big floral-lover! =) Hope that helps!

Denyze
Denyze

I cannot remember which one I was given a sample of( I know the bottle was this one and it was rock& *something* by valentino. But I do know it was very floral. I like it despite it not being very lasting.

jatzzie

Rock 'n Rose is a very nice, rosy and very rich fragrance.I could imagine wearing it to some really sophisticated/intimate event.Very pretty, I like it much, alltho the "rock" part may be a bit misleading.But nevertheless, a strong, lovely rose fragrance.

not impressing at all...at first it's very alcoholic-liqueurish and aferwards it develops into a plain rose fragrance. quite dull.

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

Clears down to a soft powder rose scent - beautiful. Similarities with Stella Sheer (original) as that had a powdery-musk finish.

Is it just me or does it smell alot like Trésor by lancome...just a bit better??

Very pretty indeed...

Annie_D
Annie_D

I love this perfume it is one of my favorite scents, I can't believe people say this is heavy, because it is not. I can wear it to work, to my university(grad student), and out and it works in every situation. On me I get a soft rose with an orange blossom and a touch of powder. It is very sweet, it doesn't trail but if I sit next to someone or if they give me a hug they always say that I smell good. Love this scent its soft and gentle but it makes a statement saying I'm feminine and sexy, without heavy orientals and spice, I save the orientals for later in the night :).

mmizy
mmizy

I bought this perfume based on my friend's recommendation. It seems a little too strong for me and the drydown reminded me slightly of flowerbomb. For some weird reason reason i got a rash from it so I gave it to my sis.
Update: No more allergic reaction. I now love this fragrance and use it for the when I want to smell sophisticated and edgy. The inital scent may be overbear but the smels that lingers rose with berries it lovely

Mona11
Mona11

This is really the perfume of my dreams!!! It has just enough rock and rose combined to make it the perfect perfume for the special intimate moments in your life. It's the kind of perfume that will make your special moments last forever and it just sticks to your best memories and never lets them go. Oh my god, it really makes me feel special and feminine and also kick ass sexy at the same time. I also like the fact that I won't feel it while I'm wearing it but all that are around me will feel the smell of it. This is the perfume that will make your most loving moments most definitely ROCK ON!!! :)

snobuni77
snobuni77

I also think that this is delicate & light.I thought that my bottle had been watered down but my boyfriend said it smells strong enough to him so it must be just me.
I think this is the perfect perfume for say...Church.Ironically enough because the name "Rock n Rose" would say otherwise.This is a great perfume to wear when you want to smell good but not make too much noise with your scent.
The rose in this is not the heavy rose that I had thought it was going to be.My grandmother had a ton of Rose scented hand creams & such when I was younger & although they smelled good they just weren't for me.This Rose IS although.Its a fresh rose.The kind that is still on the branch.

ktv0926
ktv0926

For me it's a heavy sweet rose scent... I don't mind roses, I don't mind heavy and I don't mind sweet - but all together it's definitely not working out for me.
Cute bottle though, especially when it's with the black lace and black rose.

Strange woman
Strange woman

Rose perfume, nice, but sometimes smells like wine to me.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Very light and rose scented water? That is what I smell. Bottle is cute though looks like a nail polish.

essija

I love this scent, it's so light and edgy. It not old school rose at all, its modern and I love it.

Carla
Carla

I purchased this "scent unsniffed" because of the name. Rock because I love rock and roll and Rose because it's my mother's name. I guess I hit the jackpot because I love it! The scent of rose is all around for the elegant feel, like mom. The warm base notes of sandalwood and musk give it that "rock" edgy feel .Gardenia is in the center but I do not detect it's presence whereas the orange blossom makes a bold statement. The overall scent is the delicate sheerness of the rose, perfect for day wear.

essija

I only have the lotion and I love it. Soft and elegant. Would love to have the perfume to layer it. There is something about the idea of this fragrance that got my attention immediately. Soft floral and light, not old ladish at all. Really like this lotion, it also moisturizes pretty good, no weird film left on my hands..

lunaclaire
lunaclaire

It works on me, but I like rose scents. Definitely smell the rose, a bit of fruit as well. But the musk grounds it.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Oh I love the ambience of this fragrance! It sounds so good, and it should work for me, rose and blackcurrent and musk and vanilla, but somewhere underneath it all is some kind of dark almond/cherry thickness that buzzes and rises and eventually forces me to wash the whole thing off. I think it's the heliotrope. It turns it into a total teen bubblegum sours experience. This may be good for clubbing cos it seems to last for hours...or certainly a lot longer than I can bear!

sjanira
sjanira

It's really floral with some cherry and a little bit powdery to me. It's strong at first but then fades to an even more powdery rosy smell, I love it. It's a girly yet sophisticated scent. I recently bought Rock n Rose Couture and still waiting for it to get here by mail. It's supposed to be a little stronger and slightly different than the original one so I might give this one to my daughter.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

different but not unique... does that make sense?
it's rather powdery with little identified musk at all. it doesn't strike me as a sweet scent at all.. sophisticated yes, also rather mature and simple... i would group it with Marc Jacobs Blush with it's subtleness.. but Blush definitely has more freesia in it than this.

liat
liat

Nothing to write home about... Very "nice" and decent, relaxed and sweet. In other words: oh so boring.

fontanelle
fontanelle

i had a sample and think that it's too sweet but somehow dark, i liked it but wouldn't buy a whole bottle

F_A
F_A

Nice rose smelling fragrance. Wouldn't buy it for the second time coz it causes headache for me at the end of the day...It stays on my skin really well.

ophelia
ophelia

Maybe not chewing gum - there's something fizzy here (orange + roses)!?... Really a modern, young & exciting scent, with a beautiful rebellious hint.

Sweet romance - but not banal.

vtothek
vtothek

A friend of mine was absolutely obsessed with this a while back - I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Not a great fragrance, but not bad either. I'd buy it if I had some extra cash but nothing I'd run out to get.

Marianne
Marianne

It is true that the fragrance is a bit usual but the fact that it is a Valentino perfume makes it very likeable to me :-)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I don't see where you guys got the smell of pink fruity gum from, I totally smell the roses! It's actually incredibly rosy to me. Maybe more rose than there should be. I love this scent, but it gets old quick. Really cool, unique name, but not too unique a fragrance. It's simply the smell of concentrated rose. So, if you like roses, go for it! It's light, fun, and pretty to the smell. Almost too pretty and flowery to be a rock n' roll fragrance. It doesn't portray that hint of rebelliousness as the title gives off. It's really nice, though!

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

I want it -- but not for myself. Actually, a friend of mine would love it, but I don't find it to be spectacular nor do I find it to be something original, either?

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I bought a gift set with perfume and shower gel and not sure I'm going to keep... it does smell like pink fruity gum and to me nothing like a rose... I was rather disappointed because the name made me think this was going to be a bold exciting fragrance and like Leukothea said... it's nothing special.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i must say that it reminded me of a pink furity chewing gum, rather than of a rose. i liked it too.

piddusina
piddusina

it's very delicate and light!

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Rock`n Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Valentino Rock`n Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rock`n Rose by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rock`n Rose by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.