Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

V Valentino for women

V Valentino for women
dislike

V Valentino for women Pictures V Valentino for women Pictures V Valentino for women Pictures V Valentino for women Pictures

Fashion designer Valentino and couturier, who dresses the most beautiful women in the world, dreamed of a passionate juice for ‘chameleon women’;‘I felt the need for a new women’s perfume that would reflect and celebrate today’s woman – her power, her femininity, her complexity.’-said Valentino. The ad campaign features model Eugenia Volodino wearing a red mask, behind it, there is a mysterious and complex woman, an inspiritaon to Valentino.Red is Valentino’s favorite color. Firmenich and Procter & Gamble Beauty are to companies that worked on this creation. V is feminine and passionate, a sparkling blend of woody, floral and Oriental notes. There is the warmth of heliotrope, the classic scents of rose and orange blossom, and the zesty notes of pink grapefruit and green fig over a sensual trail of amber and Oriental woods. Top notes include tangerine, pink grapefruit, green fig and freesia. Rose, orange blossom and heliotrope at the heart are harmonized with the base notes of Mysore sandalwood, Atlas cedar, amber and musk. The perfume was created in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas.

Mandarin Orange Fig Pink Grapefruit

So Delicious Women

V Fragrance Reviews

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

I feel aroused when I smell this fragrance. It's gotta be the woodiness. I'm a sucker for cedar. But the blend between the flowers, sandalwood, and citrus...perfection.

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

V is beautiful. Creamy, resinous, sweet but not cloyingly so.

Overall this fragrance is nicely balanced and inoffensive. A charmingly delightful creation, all in all. Simple, yes, but inviting all the same.

Elegant woody floral fragrance, it would go well with classical clothes. Very suitable for a businesswoman, also a beginner!
Of course, don't overdose it for work or school. If overdosed, could be heavy.

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

fresca, balsamica, agrumata.la purezza del flacone, e la dolcezza del liquido color menta. una sensualità inconsapevole. è secondo me adatta a una donna fuori dalle righe, intellettuale, ricorda un antico estratto erboristico... fantastica

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

i had this years ago. it was lovely, it was sweet and spicy and i had the body lotion to go with it. not sure if you can still buy it?

Mariana444
Mariana444

I used to be "in love" with this perfume for several years. But I get enough of it.
Anyway, I think it is a sexy, warm, beautiful frangrance.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

The sweet hit of freesia & orange blossom at the beginning is nice. It dries down with a nice "creaminess" to it as the vanilla comes in. It stayed sweet on me for a couple hours, then turned warm sandalwood. So soft you have to really have to try hard to smell it.

evhely
evhely

This scent confuses me: sometimes I smell too much vanilla and sometimes jumping citrus notes and woody base advance reminiscent me of a maschile scent.So strange.I have this parfum for a long time, every time I tried to love it but I never knew whether I liked it or no.Yesterday I tried again and my god ... I think this is a sweet version of Versense Versace! Yes, such a distinction in the heart of the parfum composition but there is so much vanilla cream that surrounds the heart and potentially fresh citrus. In any case, I love Versense .... So now I like V by Valentino more then in the past but definitely I think that's not for me.

oraib
oraib

I love this perfume, I was wearing it for my wedding !planing to get it again

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I got this one from my sister, and it is not for me!!! Very mainstream and hardly noticeable. It is unoffensive, uncontroversial and it suits the younger wearer in my opinion, but it doesn't last very long.
This is a no, no for me..

Scrilla
Scrilla

A blind buy that I hated. I don't know which note it is but there is one note that is much too strong and bothersome. I smelt the same note on another woman and asked what she was wearing. I can't for the life of me remember but it was her favourite scent and it was discontinued. I told her to buy V as they smell the same.

I think the note I am not enjoying is the rose? I do enjoy rose in other perfumes, however they're not all built the same.

It's too bad as everything else comes together quite nicely and I think the bottle is quite cute. I swapped it with a friend. Good trade.

Edit: It is the sandalwood. Much too strong.

Monny Monny
Monny Monny

Beautiful! very much like our beloved Herve Leger!!

sene menee
sene menee

To my nose: very similar to Herve Leger (original) without the powdery note, but not at all like Hugo Deep Red....

ananya20
ananya20

Have been wearing it for three hours now, and I loved the initial freshness and wish that would last longer. But now all I can get is vanilla and more vanilla. Sigh!

Thank goodness it's a 30ml. Would be better suited for colder climes.
EDIT- The initial blast reminds me of Exlamation! by Coty, does anyone else get that? And since Exlamation was my very first perfume at 11yrs of age, V does bring special memories back. Therefore it's a definate keeper.

Winter: It's absolutely gorgeous in winter time. Warm, clean, inviting and a lovely composition. Like your favorite track playing while you're in the tub having a nice warm soak. Never screechy or "I'm wearing perfume" kinda scent. A sure keeper.

Most of all I feel the grapefruit, freesia, musk, amber and sandalwood notes in this fragrance. This fragrance is musky enough and sweet.

I like this fragrance, except the fact that it reminds me masculine fragrances a little bit. Maybe because of the grapefruit peel scent. Also it reminds me Deep Red by Hugo Boss a lot, I guess because of the citrus and the sandalwood notes, only this fragrance is softer and nicer.

I have very limited (and not entirely felicitous...) experience with the house of Valentino, but last night I watched "Valentino: The Last Emperor" (2009), so this seemed like the perfect time to try out V. Although the film is a documentary, it reminded me a lot of the work of Federico Fellini, depicting a rather absurd and delusional world which toes the fine line between beauty and kitsch. So what could I expect from V? I wondered.

Upon seeing that Alberto Morillas was the creator of this perfume, I braced myself. Not that I think that he is a bad perfumer--I do not. However, he often uses an ingredient (no doubt aromachemical) which totally conflicts with my physiology, thus turning otherwise decent compositions into scrubbers on my skin. In fact, happily, my worries were for naught, in this case, perhaps in part because the perfume was produced under the helm of Proctor & Gamble, a company which (given the extent of its portfolio) probably does massive testing on animals before releasing any new launch. Bad news for laboratory animals; good news for people like me sensitive to certain chemicals.

V is beautiful! Creamy, resinous, sweet but not cloyingly so. This ranks among the top comfort scents I've sniffed. I love rice in perfume (cf. FERRE edp), and here it is definitely detectable, along with heliotrope and vanilla. A delightful creation, all in all. Simple, yes, but inviting all the same.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

SNIFFING IT RIGHT NOW!!!
Love the start,fruity and creamy...Allready can smell the rose! This is very elegant and soft! Nice fragrance,very subtle for an eau de parfum...But wait!!!
The base notes are starting to showoff... The drydown reminds me of CK's Beauty but lighter and sweeter. Nice scent for everyday use!!!

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I'm glad I only got a couple of samples of this, because it's not my type of fragrance. Reminds me of a gorgeous, charming young...man. It could be a unisex fragrance- I think it would smell great on a man or someone athletic... just not on me.

madhatter1

Yippee got it for $22 on vacation, cheaper than Amazon and happily spraying it on right now!

madhatter1

Might need to get it. I read all the nice comments here just after smelling this in the grocery store display. It was a cheapy price $24/1.6 oz. I can still smell it after 6 hours on my arm, nice. I can smell the compare to HB Deep Red .. Woody, oriental, orange, grapefruit again real nice.

jasminejzhu
jasminejzhu

I agree with most reviews here in that it's a classy and elegant scent that is pleasant, unoffensive and uncontroversial, so good for wearing to work. Versatile and can be used day or night, but probably more suited for the cooler months. And it does have a luxurious feel to it.

catchruch
catchruch

Well, its a beautiful, happy yet sensual and grown up perfume... a lot like INTUITION Estee Lauder. But then these two share the nose behind the creation Alberto Morillas!!! Its sheer magic on skin....

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I just found one remaining 200 ml. bottle of the body lotion ("Lait Delicieux Pour Le Corps")in a chemist on sale for, would you believe, $10!! Delicious!! Lucky me!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

headeache from this one ? unbelievable. it's so gentle, soft and creamy, not sharp/sweet/cloying or owerpowering.

it begins juicy citrusy with mouthwatering pear and a very intriguing note, guess the rice. or is it the cassia?
then the bittersaweet orange with the prominent exotic frangipani (i do love this actually very mutch) and creamy soft rose start introdcuing the growth of a tender flowery, slightly sweet aroma on the skin, which whispers around you very elegant for a good while.
downwards the base there is this hint of heliotrope which is so playful in woody based scents. heavenly soft natural vanillic bottom-aroma with precious woods make this an all round and creamy lovely very wearable and distinct scent.
nice sandalwood/musk sillage close to the skin. lasts really long on me. i could smell the lovely soft waving trails on my self for the whole day long. just perfect!

V by Valentino is a very gentle and intriguing soft perfume to celebrate first springdays. it gives me the same confident wearing-feeling as éclat d arpège - not for the notes of course, but for the wearing comfort and the carefree sensation... the bottle is chunky, nice shaped and sturdy as i like it :)
thumbs up for this one!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I have the bodylotion and i think it smells like childrens toothpaste. Does anyone else think so about this fragrance?

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

Sometimes I like/love it, sometimes I don't. It's better in cold weather, I think. Delicious, warm, sweet, in a good way, I could eat it - like a rice-pudding:). Has a very nice woody base, it's not cloying, IMO. At first sniff it reminded me of Emporio Armani (I felt that fragrance years ago, so maybe I'm wrong, but the pear and the vanilla...). It has a pretty good lasting power on me with good sillage.
Top notes: rice, mandarine, pear
Middle notes: rose, orange.
Base notes: vanille, cedar, amber, sandalwood, musk, oakmoss.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is as lovely as it can be, for the money it costs. In other words, adorable.
On me it's very very vanilla, with spices and indistinct flowers, lots of amber without being heavy. Amber usually make perfumes "heavy" and cold weather oriented, but not this one.
Very feminine, pleasant, above average silage, lasting power quite poor.
It smells rich and expensive. While I am not a fan of Valentino, I have to say this is very pleasing, and I don't regret purchasing it.
Nothing new or innovative, but so nice.
Drydown, which represents the most life of this scent, to me smells just like Hypnotic Poison, even though the top notes are way different. But if you wish for that one and you cannot afford it, this is a wonderful alternative. Only fresher and not so cake-y.

guest_coylehea
guest_coylehea

I LOVE this fragrance. My hubby loves it on me which makes it that much better. Alberto Morillas is one of my fav noses from the house of Firmenich. He has designed so many wonderful fragrances, of which the aquatic with citrus has been my favorite for so long (Armand Basi in Red, Acqua di Gio on my hubby). I decided that I wanted a perfume that was more mature and sexy, so I spent hours and hours on this site looking at reviews. I never thought I would go for a woody floral musk but this is so amazing! It am totally hooked. Everywhere I go, people say that I smell good. It has such a soft figgy, musky smell with a really light hint of citrus in the opening. I love it and cannot rave enough about it!

mery09
mery09

I really like this perfume.I were this at work,is suitable for office and I received allot of compliments.I asked allot of people and all of my friends and they all say that is a nice fragrance,so I think is suitable as a gift,this scent will not offend anybody and is also elegant too.

sabaedra
sabaedra

i can't say i like it but i can't say i don't like it..it's more 'i like it but not on me'. i get a lot of rose, vanilla and amber, which makes it a bit too heavy and sophisticated for my taste. It's too elegant and mature for a woman in her 20's unless she is the elegant and mature type :)

Cereza
Cereza

This was the first parfume I've had. I loved it, every single bit of it, it had something so tempting, made me feel really comfortable and elegant and...older :) I was 16 when I bought them and it's really mature. Great for work.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Valentino V opens with a very pretty blast of citrus and fig. It's a short fleeting blast, but it's enough to make you realize this is a sophisticated scent. It quickly warms up to a sweet woody vanilla with a touch of heliotrope, very cozy. Dry down, which doesn't last very long at all, is a musky vanilla, a little on the sweet side.

Valentino V reminded me of Silk Way by Ted Lapidus although it's a little more sohpisticated and refined. Silk Way has a kind of in-your-face vanilla that's toned down a bit here.

adrienn99
adrienn99

with me the citruses totally get lost and it is still 'just' a floral woody musk. I am not a great fan floral - woodies but this fragrance is just stunning!

nyoka
nyoka

smells like a nice office scent.not too weak,not too strong.not what i expected.i love fig but,i really dont smell it much here.that said,its a nice fruity ,floral that doesnt stand any taller than the other fruity florals.

Rouu
Rouu

have u go out for long walk during ahot day in winter.. those days when u forget its winter and feel that its soo hot,sunny and complicated .. u wear warm clothes feel so energetic ,the sun on ur face , hot and sweet..smelling warm wind through an open park full of trees,grass,sandalwood,and alot of citrus blossoms

thats V Valentino warm,sweet,mysterious and simple same time.. its so classy smell, smell of luxury.
feminine and passionate,sparkling blend of woody, floral and Oriental notes in anew path that covered in a fruity scent .. the ancient and modern in same bottle .. i ADORE it

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very nice scent. Very floral and elegant. Great summer scent to ware for the weekend shopping day.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I have this and I love it. I love the amber and the fig in it. Feminine and classy.

mwater1
mwater1

It's so hard to describe how lovely V is to me. The opening is fresh and citrusy but complex and smooth at the same time. V doesn't exhibit a tart or cold citrus opening, but instead is a warm and smooth citrus. There is a green note to the opening that I find invigorating. As the fragrance wears, the fragnipani reveals its graceful beauty along with a whisper of the rose. The drydown continues the beauty as the woody notes, musk, and vanilla combine to give the fragrance an irresistable and edible ending to a wonderful and fragrant experience. I find V to be extremely elegant, feminine, and beautiful. It is similar to V Absolu which I also think is irresistable. I really am glad that this fragrance exists. I would recommend this for a fall or evening fragrance. I rate it 9 out of 10.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I am torn...in a few different directions. On the one hand, I love the citrus-fig blast I get at the opening. It makes the fragrance refreshing and is such a pick-me-up on hot days. On the other hand, it has taken some time for me to determine that what I don't like about this fragrance is the way the amber interracts with the citrus, even though it seems to be very compatible with my chemistry. I would call this a fresh amber fragrance, but I have found I can't wear it fragrance to work because all I can focus on is the amber.

I like the fact that this fragrance is wearable in all seasons. I have tested it again today, and can say that the cold weather makes it more of a sweet, warm skin scent on me, whereas in the warm weather I get more citrus and fig.

I guess my real dilemma is that I like catching whiffs of it, but do I want to smell it on me?

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I bought it as a boxed set at an airport..good price...only had a quick whiff of it. I ended up liking it quite a bit...a very classy clean scent that doesn't overpower.

This fragrance is quite charmingly delightful.

It's such an enticing, creamy and elegant fragrance. V is indeed rather similar to Deep Red, however while Deep Red is very provocative, V is more subdued, sophisticated and refined almost.

I find the mandarin, grapefruit and orange notes to be the most dominant, yet the cassia, rose, frangipani and vanilla gives this scent an almost refreshing quality which is both soft and feminine.

The overall fragrance is nicely balanced and inoffensive. It would make a lovely alternative for those who find Deep Red a little too young or too popular. I recommend.

falovalo
falovalo

Very strong resemblance to Deep Red. But that's not a bad thing in terms of smell. It smells wonderful. Creamy and floral with just a hint of fruit, maybe that's the pear. Sexy and simple.

Belladonna
Belladonna

I love to wear V by Valentino to work because it doesn’t annoy me! Or anyone else! It’s fruity and floral, but not too much of either, with an attractive base. It’s unobtrusive but has decent staying power. I read more about this perfume because I was intrigued by the description “a passionate juice for ‘chameleon woman’”. (Mystique from X-Men?) It refers to a marketing target group of “women who want to have it all: profession, power, family”, who “don’t take no for an answer.” Probably because they are too busy and too tired to listen. This fragrance is a chameleon itself, smelling slightly different to me each time I wear it. Today it smelled like pears in vanilla syrup. This makes me curious because those notes are listed on this website, but not in any of the written descriptions of this perfume. Hmm…

sharyssa
sharyssa

My daughter and I sampled a few perfumes at Perfumania and this was one of them and she and I bothe agreed that this is a very fine and lovely scent.I didn't buy it because I ended up getting something else (what I went to the store in the first place for) but I will purchase this soon.I don't like the bottle a little too plain but the scent makes up for it. Very nice.

arianperfume
arianperfume

My favourite, classy frangipani and musk smell, for young and stylish women.

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is a very nice fragrance.I have recently gotten a lot of samples that totally make me sick to my stomach so when I put this one on it was a breath of fresh air.
It is very cozy.
The floral isn't to sweet but sweet enough & it is very mellow....on me anyway.
It makes me feel like I am sitting on the deck of our Cabin in the woods, on a warm spring evening.I can smell the flowers that are blooming at my feet & the warm cozy night breeze is blowing the scent of nature & light green woods through my hair.
Very nice indeed ;)

Russian
Russian

I absolutely love it!It was love at first "sniff".I made the right decision when bought it - gently,stylish,rich,feminine.People kept asking me what the name of my fragrance was.
It lasts long on my skin.Though I couldn't smell it on me after a time,people kept saying how wonderful my fragrance was.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I get lots of amber in the drydown. It does smell very similar to Hugo Boss' Deep Red on me. This one just seems to be a tad sweeter. Like a licorice-type note (not listed as a note, just what it reminds me of). It is a very warm, yummy skin scent, without being gourmand. Very sensual.

tenten
tenten

I smelt this once and it smells like with love, by Hillary Duff. Or is it that with love smells like Valentino? Smells really nice regardless.

olivion
olivion

To my mind it's too heavy. The rose chokes. After a couple of minutes it starts smelling tender, but the base mixes terribly on my skin. Definitely not my type of perfume.

guest_Hana
guest_Hana

am i the only person who can smell sweet rice in this? I love it. It's a classic

amanda

I KNOW NOW!! it reminded me of chopard mira bai, they have sg in common that makes me want to smell it but not to wear it

amanda

my nose liked it and i thought it had a good smell while my body didnt, i got sick of it, at first its too strong and then comes a strange note i guess which makes this to me

wildflower
wildflower

Its too elegant and sophisticated for my taste, but I always wear it, when I want to give a trusted and sophisticated impression, for example at jobinterwiews. I use V ete at summer for same reason.
And it seems like it has done it´s task ;)

Marianne
Marianne

I definitely agree with Sicily's description of the smell although I have to say it lasts very long on my skin. I can still smell it after taking a shower!

By the way, this is my favourite fragrance since 2003!

Sicily
Sicily

I simply adore this fragrance. It's very soft, calm, elegant, feminine, gentle, it lingers on your skin. I can not identify any notes here, except some (but also very gentle) citruses on top, but I guess it's designed that way purposely. It is a really nice break from many of the sugary sweet fruity-floral perfumes that are so popular today. The drydown is consistant to the initial smell - it's slightly sweet (almost not at all) and musky, very unique. One of my all-time favourites. But it doesn't last very long.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

It is an interesting mix... I can't quite describe what it reminds me of. Classic but not boring or to "mature"... still appeals to a younger wearer.

2007

V by Valentino 3.83 out of 5 based on 332 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino V fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Valentino V, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify V by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of V by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.