Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

V pour Homme Valentino for men

V pour Homme Valentino for men
dislike

V for men with assorted of trees in the heart was created for contemporate Casanovas: it attracts, seduces and wins over. Its balance hides passion and self-esteem. The opening is a citrusy one with aromatic nuances of basil and pink pepper. The heart encompasses elegant cedar, sandalwood, ambergris and musk. The base contains jasmine, heliotrope, cocoa, patchouli, ambergris and vanilla. The perfume was created in 2006.

Tamarind Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange Basil Bergamot

Sandalwood Amber Musk Cedar Mace

Patchouli Vanilla Jasmine Heliotrope Cacao Amber Cumin Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Dareej Men

V pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

bmax17 I am interested.send me
message

SEX in a Bottle. Amazing smell

bmax17

Anyone interested in purchasing this? Possibly a trade? I have a full 100ml bottle.

bart4543
bart4543

still have 10ml of this juice and today i indulge myself with this lovely fragrance after about 10 months and boy im all in love with this over again. this is a masterpiece and sadly it has been discontinued. the best offering from this house by a long shot. i pity those who never got to expeirnece this beauty.

Pers2011
Pers2011

The only fragrance, which will buy another back up bottle along with Chic Shaik No 70.

SEX in a Bottle.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

sasa.ss
sasa.ss

Start- citrus note without feminine sweetness,30 minutes

Finish- I get nice dominant fresh pepper note with a pinch of dry vetiver on the top of everything else but vetiver is not on the list, huh?

summary- excellent scent, short lasting, discontinued :(

chimera87
chimera87

Forget about trying to grab Valentino V pour Homme bottle anywhere on this planet. PERIOD.
Few, if any are available at unheard of Alien prices.

Do us all a favor and go check out Rasasi Daarej pour Homme!!
Here in Fragrantica database its spelled incorrectly as Rasasi Dareej Man.

Ratings
Valentino V 9.5
Daarej Man 9.0

Bbjr

If you want to avoid paying the insane prices being asked for this on eBay, spend $40 and get Rasasi Dareej. I found it to be be almost identical, just as good, and long lasting. How do you sleep at night asking $400 for a bottle of this?

bmax17

I bought this right after it was released in '06. I still have the bottle and the box it came in. I've always been a huge fan of Valentino fragrances and to date, I'm still obsessed with Very Valentino. I wanted to like this, I really did but there is a sharp note, perhaps the pink pepper that overwhelms me and completely turns me off. If this note wasn't so strong, I would love this fragrance. I've tried many times to revisit this one and each time I do, that sharp note gags me and I have to wash it off. I have a full 100ml bottle, if anyone is interested in trading, perhaps for some Pure Malt?

Veedabestchef

Didn't know this fragrance was discontinued. But I'm glad I own this 1.7oz . It's really great scent. It's unique and special. I only use this fragrance for dates and special occasions. Longevity is very good.

Surrealist
Surrealist

Warm spicy vanilla, tobacco slightly fresh, romantic and cotton candy!!!
Really special frag for special occasions.
Its also hard to find it ,but I am having one bottle which is 95% full for sale,it would be nice to make someone that love it happy.

eric.cius
eric.cius

My second day in a row wearing this fragrance and I'm going nuts trying to figure out what this smells like. I know I've smelt it before, so much so that I'm thinking that I've owned this before. Seeing as it was released in 2006 however, there is no way my memory would be that bad lol.
Best way for me to describe this is a fruity/woody blend.
Great use of vanilla here, it's one of my least favorite notes but it's added masterfully here.
Very pleasant. Very versatile. Very good. Maybe the V stands for very.
It's an above average scent with average longevity and average projection. The scent is more of something that would have come out in the late 90's and is above what is being released now a days.
Unless you have a strong attachment to this scent I wouldn't bay the $200 and up prices being asked. Definitely worth grabbing if you can find it for less than $100.

Scent = 8/10
projection = 6.5/10
longevity = 7.5/10

brent0529
brent0529

Awesome cologne here. Surprisingly different from every other blue citrus on the market. The citrus is very calm. The vanilla and woodiness blend together to give it the ever so slightest hint of a very light gourmand smell. I think this is what helps with it's lasting power. I get a little bit of powder, but it's not so heavy that it takes away from the uplifting nature of the cologne.

Very happy blind buy. Day or night fragrance. Spring, summer, fall. Perhaps winter during the day. Signature scent worthy for sure. No reason to fear blind buying this. You may not LOVE it, but it's impossible to dislike.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Spicy, musky and vanilla. The vanilla is not sweet but a deep and rich variety. It's very spicy but not loud. A gentlemen's scent on a cool evening. Best for nights out and evening wear. Not your jeans an t-shirt fragrance. Longevity is over 8 hours with mild projection/silage. You will have to shop around to get a fair price on it is the only drawback.

CGV
CGV

Great example when the "nose" creates a specific AROMA rather than just making a scent. Its a modern fresh spicy aroma which is very catchy and distinctive! Its lovely, modern yet standing on its own feet. Charming and manly. The color of the juice matches the fragrance perfectly. I just received the bottle and have a way to go with this baby but I definitely like it! Sillage and longevity are above average while its never pushy yet very tasteful!

Bbjr

Unreal, I walked into a cheesy mens store that carries discount fragrances looking to see if maybe I could strike gold. Jackpot! I couldn't believe it when i saw this stuff at $23 bottle for the 1.6 oz. I bought the last two they had. I've never tried this before as I didn't feel like paying the ridiculous prices being asked on eBay. This scent is in a class all by itself. As noted by someone else, I can't think of anything to compare it with. It starts off with a sweet spice and a bit fruity but very nice. The drydown, for me anyway, is a sweet smelling musk. I typically don't like musk but this is really a great scent.

joe38
joe38

Insolent, seductive and masculine essence maximum!
I had no idea that such a man perfect "weapons" to make the fashion house .........
Because it's the scent opens the doors ... and easily succumbs to his charms everyone .....
It is no coincidence the "V" symbol, for he who bears the EDT of just "victorious" can be!
This is one of the "Favorite" scent. Masterpiece!

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

either you will love it or hate it .
i think it is chemical .
don't blind buy it .

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

Serious is the word that comes to mind with Valentino V. The word in all its variations in fact. Seriously good, seriously alluring, seriously masculine . But before you get put off ....lets add another one to the list .....seriously satisfying

Valentino V is like the confident handsome guy that still maintains a sense of levity and humor , although a little dark at times to seduce those around him. It oozes class and good taste from every molecule in its composition. To put into context in the real world imagine this scenario. One night a achingly handsome well heeled professional decides to enter a trendy hip hop night club. There are many Sean John , Kanye West type clones in attendance. They gyrate and frolic around the ladies there as this is their house. Anybody who enters better understand that they will loudly intimate any outsiders into sipping their one drink and leave. That cockiness takes a back seat to awe and wonder as the handsome stranger , in the background is on the female radar. They do what they can to get close to him. Kanye and co. are wondering what the heck is going on. Within an hour the mystery man is finishing his drink and is leaving with the most beautiful girl in the place. That is Valentino V in a nutshell.

Superb .

A little tip . Wear V when the weather is really warm / warm night time setting , I find it unsuitable for cooler weather.

edge42
edge42

WOW, this smells almost exactly like wine gum candies on my skin. Crazy, but I like it!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

It is a real shame since 06' this frag is no longer in production. When it first came out I enjoyed the irresistible aroma which opened with a spicy warm scent. This fragrance has some of the unique notes that brings it together as a shining jewel!!!!!! Both Cumin and Tamarind carry a real spicy aroma with pink pepper which makes it absolutely a GO TO Men's fall/winter cologne.
I haven't smelt a men's cologne that is even close enough I could compare it to.
With all the mix of woodsy/spicy notes I can pick the slight aroma of Cocoa and Patchouli that makes this frag very distinct in aroma.
Overall, I was glad I seen this bottle several years later. Thou it's not listed I'm sure the aroma tobacco or tobacco flower is in it which makes it a very masculine aroma.
If you can find a bottle, you won't be disappointed.
Longevity is well past 8 hour...perfect for the fall/winter days.
Sillage it's moderate enough that you can smell it 2-3 away. 10/10...*****

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

This scent was THE reason I got into actually being interested in scents period. I have always liked Colognes and Perfumes but once i smelled this i fell in love with the smell. To top all of that off I was on honeymoon with my wife so it is extra special to me. It is a peppery vanilla concoction with some cacao to smooth it up a bit. Its just class in a bottle and I will never run out of this stuff.
My ONLY complaint is I don't get more than 5 hours out of it so if you are looking for longevity....Bring a decant of it with you. AMAZING stuff and its extremely sad they decided to discontinue this one. The good ones always leave the soonest......

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is a masterpiece in disguise. This is elegant and sexy. The opening you get hints of spice, powder, vanilla, and sweets. The dry down is definitely musky and with the woods well blended in the back ground. A great fragrance for night time, better in winter. Try it.

Zdavies
Zdavies

Valentino was my top 5 for date night

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Wow!!! I am so glad I purchased this some time ago and I got it for maybe $25 bucks, a used bottle from Basenotes! This was a steal 25 times over! I cant' remember who sold it to me but I am glad they did. This is especially true with the recent price hike on this sap sucka! When I was going to buy it a couple years back it was going for maybe $45 for 100ML or at least I seen some like that. Today it is at least twice that much. I have had it for over a year now and have recently started to revisit some of my sleeper designers and this one is on deck today.

So with that long intro lets get to it. This is spicy/sweet/a bit dry/a little woody/a little floral/kind of candyish.

Okay don't know if that helps so lets talk about it more. The first spray you are slapped with a very spicy pink peppercorn with almost candied (I assume the vanilla is blending) citrus. The citrus immediately starts to burn off and the spiciness goes up a notch but it is blended with a very dense/sweet vanilla (also candy like). In the first 15 minutes the cocoa starts to come up and it has the same affect that cocoa has in Dior Homme and L'Instant. It is a dry cocoa (not chocolate no milky accord) which adds both spice and a bittersweetness.

As the fragrance starts to move into the hear the woods and the florals start to add support and layers to the fragrance but don't get it twisted. The sweet/spicy/vanilla is the foundation and frame of this house, the woods and florals are siding and the roof....maybe a little paint. It still remains a quite sweet and really spicy and quite mature (though candied a bit). Sandlewood usually adds a creamy vibe but in this fragrance it remains a bit dry and you can only sense it and it never becomes a dominate player here.

Overall if you like sweet/spicy/vanilla+bitter cocoa (almost like anise) you will love this fragrance. It sort of reminds me of a well done Thallium (not as synthetic or messy) or a sweetened L'Instant (with the anise toned down). Or maybe a sweetened Dior Homme minus the powdery Iris component.

The longevity is 8+ (you are left with an amber/spicy/sweet-semi woody accord)

The projection is perfect (somewhere around Dior Homme maybe a bit more aromatic)

The versatility is good besides weather...summer in Texas this would be a bit rough even for short periods of time. But you could do a date, work, dinner cause you can control it with sprays.

Overall this is a top shelf designer. Retail at the 75-80 price point for 100ml would be great. It isn't popular so it adds to its value and its not so expensive that you feel robbed.

4.5 out of 5.

Ale
Ale

Wonderful vanilla scent. Similar to "Roccobarocco Extraordinary" in the opening; the drydown is really stunnig. Elegant and romantic,a masterpiece for sure.

dreyth
dreyth

Was and is literally my favorite fragrance of all time. Absolutely my most complimented. I like this more so than Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, Original Santal, New Haarlem, Chergui, A*Men, Oud Wood, Tobacco Vanille... you name it.

Such a manly cologne in my opninion. I only wore it whenever I wore dark colors, maybe a leather jacket, and was overall looking like a bad ass.

Wish it wasn't reformulated and then discontinued.

evilspin

Yes this is discontinued but if you enjoyed it and want it then buy Lancome Hypnose for Men. It reminds of Valentino V

Ichariot
Ichariot

Been a good friend to me ever since it was released. It's a confident fragrance that doesn't lack elegance or character.

I could see it fit a young adult, a jack who is past the childhood and on a pursuit to conquer the world, one occasion at a time.

Wearing this makes me feel at ease, makes me feel that I can take a step forward and rest assured it'll land.

Success

partan.iran
partan.iran

بوش خیلی مناسب قرارهای 2 نفرست!
شیرین و اسپایسی
شیک هست و خیلی خشک
بوی لذت بخشی داره. و یک استواری همراه با آرامش رو تداعی میکنه
بوی خیلی جدیدی هم نداره ها
موقع استفاده مواظب باشین چو امکان داره خورده شین!

:D

evilspin

one of the ONLY fruity sweet fragrances that work and women love. Most women dislike sweet men frangrances that target themselves to be masculine.

al1nonly
al1nonly

If the bottle were more "nicer looking" the company would have been able to jack the price to around $80s or $90s and it would still sell. That is how great this scent is.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

This is truely one of my all time favorites Not heavy and over powering. You will not smell like some kid or a player

bahamdain
bahamdain

very nice perfume .. This is one of my favorites

VanAllan
VanAllan

Who would knew that a candy like initial smell can hide so much complexity behind it?
Sweet, smooth spicy and aromatic right from the beginning, peppery and woody in the heart, gourmand and flowery at drydown, everything packed very well with a lovely dry overall feeling that let no space for becoming cloying or boring over time.
An extraordinary fragrance that blends beautifully with my dry skin, a real pleasure to wear and enjoy in cold weather. Finnaly found and bought happily. My rank 8.7/10. ☣☣☣☣

mukuldehadrai
mukuldehadrai

This stuff is amazing - I generally do not like a sweet opening to my fragrances, but this is hard to resist, also smells peculiarly mature. if this product is truly being discontinued - I would stock up!

majidomid
majidomid

unfortunately! dicontinue..... oh my god

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

Really Great perfume, pink pepper,vanilla,mandarin orange ,balanced combinations makes the fragrance sweet but not too much,spicy but not too much.

Heverton
Heverton

A very sweet and linear fragrance, with a tasty fruity opening, resembling strawberries (too synthetic by the way). Over time the scent will lose a bit of it's fruit chord, giving space to amber and vanilla.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I like so much this one. Oriental, opens with tamarindo, bergamot and pepper. Sandalwood appears in the middle with amber in cedar base, amazing! This blend in the heart mixed with the oriental floral base, with vanilla, cacao, patchouli, jasmin that breath out a light powdery (talcum) aroma. V deservers be in my collection for me.

Rating: 8,5/10

andy

good scent italian made definately a more formal sensual type of scent like many of the guccis, pradas

i got this from a friend and i like it, the musk in this is definately a good type of musk and it all balances out well

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

Long lasting but nothing special. prefers CK Man, only wish it could last like this one.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

OK this is a good fragrance, generally it is a synthetic sweet/woody fragrance with oriental touch. i like this fragrance it is not a common one, it basically targets at a younger generation. there is sweet vanilla notes in the beginning which persists till the end with oriental woody notes in the background initially and later on very light and calm smoky tobacco notes blend with them. Good bottle and packaging. Decent projection and longevity, it can be complimentary for you, do give it a try!.
i give it 7.8 out of 10.

tonecito
tonecito

All of the fragrances I have worn, this is the one that I have received the most compliments "What cologne are you wearing", of course, I didn't want to share the name back then.

sweetpatchi

ERIC BALFOUR IS SOOOOO HOT IN THE AD CAMPAIGN. Check out his movie "Lie with me", it's sizzling hot. I tried the perfume, it's as sexy as mr. Balfour himself! Love it!!!!!!!

sweetpatchi

Since I found out that Eric Balfour, a super hot actor and singer is the model of this perfume I was like..."My man gotta have this"...so I told my hubby to buy this and use it everytime he is with me....hahaha! ooohh Eric...I love him!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I am a woman. Got a sample of this in the mail and loved it at first spray. There is something very sensual about it. Luckily, my husband loved it too so it's now on his "want" list.

Papi
Papi

I got my self Aftershave just to see if I will like it...

WRONG ! WRONG! WRONG!

The smell is "awesome" but because its an aftershave it only lasts for an hour or so and stays close to the skin.

EDT is on my "I want" list... soon I will have you :)

Sweet, romantic fragrance for day use. It has something special to it, don't know what. Check it out. Recommended.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I saw a bottle for sale at a deep discount. It seems to have a decent following out there because certain specialty stores seem to still carry it.

At one point I think I liked it, after testing it a few times, but I never seemed to come around to buy it.

Since the price was right, I finally bought a bottle, but sadly I don't seem to care for it. There are beautiful notes contained within it, woody and powdery notes that seem to entice, but there are other notes that I am slightly put off by it. The particular musk used is slightly too much for me, and there is an odor of plastic that seems to linger during the first half of the development and reappears when your skin gets warm.

The fragrance is ok by me, but I will only try it again when I feel curious about it.

Very Valentino, on the other hand, is more my style.

kerini
kerini

A great fragrance!
Fresh and dry. Sexy and confident but not too outspoken. A little ambiguous but not too extravagant. Interesting but not overly harsh. Universal and pretty unisex.

It starts fresh and citrusy. I'd say bergamot spiced up with pink pepper. I love the pepper in this one, it's really well blended. After a while the basil becomes more prominent, still with a little pepper. The heart consists of cedar, sandalwood, amber and cumin with a hint of nutmeg(?) and vanilla until finally a soft jasmine joins the mix. There's a tiny touch of musk but it's barely perceptible (which is a good thing since I'm not a big fan).

On men the woods and spices seem to be a little more pronounced whereas on me the amber takes center stage.
It lasts up to 9 hours.

Veedabestchef

the opening is this fragrance is very soft and sensual..its a beautiful scent that it is good for winter time...very sexy and attractive scent that is good for special occasion..elegant and beautiful scent...
great sileage

varondandy
varondandy

i tried this last week,i must say, like arkangel said "very deceiving" this one is. i'm getting this one late september. ciao!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This could be a Mugler scent. Great ensemble of notes. I'd consider this for a romantic occasion. The jasmine and amber makes it sensual. The spices amp its sexiness. The woods gives it depth. Best suited for the evening or colder weather, but I'm lovin this so much right now, I'm wearing it at the moment.

I had to get 2 bottles of this so I wouldn't feel bad about abusing the first one.

The bottle doesn't look like it smells, but I like the deception of it.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Warm, woody, and very sweet and pleasant - a good one!

Mindphlux
Mindphlux

This is a really nice woodsy fragrance but my problem with it is that it wears very close to the skin. It does not project very well at all. I like to stand out and get noticed so this isn't an ideal cologne for people like me. It is pretty long lasting but unless you're up close and personal with someone, odds are they won't smell it on you.

bronstein
bronstein

If there is such a thing as an Italian dandy, this one is made for him. Here it is: beauty and style going together well in a bottle. Perfect for a romantic encounter during spring-time.

*****

guest_lovely lady <3
guest_lovely lady <3

I reallt recommend this cologne. Believe me guys, it awakens something in a woman (me) that I don't know how to describe. This fragance is very inviting and very romantic. If you wear it a date, you are sure to have that lady following you for the rest of the night. I love it and I know that other women where I work at love it as well since one of our male co workers wears it and it lasts all day 8 hrs plus, this is definitely a must have!

Tward369
Tward369

Very warm and inviting. Something I would wear on a date.

Danger Beauty
Danger Beauty

well ..
last month i went to a local perfume shop to get a really good slightly masculine scent for me .. coz i'm really tired of most of the unisex scents that claim to be unisex .
the sales lady picked this one as slightly friendly for a woman who wants a slightly more masculine scent than the average

by surprise .. i really liked it
on my clothes .. it was obvious that this one IS for men

but it blended with my body chemistry wonderfully .. its still a bit masculine .. but i guess that my body made the smell sweater and warmer..

if i wanted to buy a gift for a man in the future .. i would buy this one
coz i'm guessing that men's body chemistry doesn't turn scents into warm or sweet scents like mine

andy

it's a nice woodsy spicy blend with adequate warmth and very sexy to wear but smells like SO many other trendy ones i already have

Chris2448
Chris2448

Classy, elegant, and sweet fragrance. Smells like sweet light ink. Pretty good and original actually.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

a very well put together fragrance,PERIOD!

Mariano
Mariano

Ahmed Ehab, A*Men is swetter than this one, anyway IMO V por homme is for cold nights, definetively winter time, get something else for summer nights :-)

scenturian
scenturian

Woody and spicy with some sweetness.
When i sampled, it smelled interesting and good on test stripe, but on my skin started to cloy after some time.
Not develops much and lasts really long on my skin.
Very formal, not suitable for casual, daily or office wear.
Not bad but not my type of smell.
Projection is also very good.

guynspfld
guynspfld

Such a great smell. The pink pepper is prominent. I find it very unique. One of my favorites. Sweet and spicy!!!!

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

its very intimate and sexy , also gives a warm feeling and the lasting power is not bad
a good choice for sweet scent that will give u elegance and style

periquito89
periquito89

Not strong, not too sweet, warm, dry and very linear. For a long time, I thought it was a boring one. But, I recognize it is confortable, which is also a good thing. And in fact I got at least one compliment. So, this is slowly become a constant presence.

&RY
&RY

Lovely, warm and spicy fragrance. Best you can buy right now, no doubt about it.

knightz
knightz

This is one of my favorites, definitely in my top 5. It's a lightly sweet, spicy floral scent, and very dry. Even the woody notes of the heart are dry. The dryness is what makes this one unique to me. I don't have anything else in my wardrobe that compares with it.

Although it's very sexy and seductive, I wear this one just for myself because I like it so much. On days that I want to feel good all day I shower with the V shower gel, then lightly spray my whole body with it. It's not too strong, even when applied generously. Never cloying. The sillage is close enough to wear for business, but it's best for a romantic evening out (or in). A very well done fragrance.

Edit: This is good in the summer, but I find it is even better in the cooler weather. When it's cool the sillage and longevity both increase a lot.

Marianne
Marianne

I agree, I really like both the men's and the women's Valentino V.

afraafra
afraafra

Lovely vanilla tobacco opening , good sillage and very sexy