Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Valentina Valentino for women

Valentina Valentino for women Videos Valentina Valentino for women Videos
Valentina Valentino for women Pictures Valentina Valentino for women Pictures Valentina Valentino for women Pictures

The fashion house of Valentino launches its new fragrance named Valentina in mid-September 2011. The fragrance, inspired by Rome and Italian flavors, is developed in collaboration with Puig and perfumers Alberto Morillas and Olivier Cresp.

The composition is designed as a fresh floral - fruity - oriental, full of contradictions, simultaneously delicate and strong, elegant, sensual, rebellious and fun.

It starts off with bergamot from Calabria and white truffles from Alba. Amalfi orange blossoms, sweet jasmine, tuberose and wild strawberries compose the perfume’s heart, settling on the base of cedar, vanilla and amber.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Freja Beha Erichsen, shot by David Sims. Valentina is available as 30, 50 and 80 ml EDP with additional body lotion, body oil, shower gel and deodorant.

Bergamot tuber

Jasmine African Orange flower Tuberose Wild Strawberry

Virginia Cedar Amber Vanille

Valentina Assoluto
Valentina Acqua Floreale

Valentina Fragrance Reviews

wind83
wind83

I loved the bottle, but i think in my body only detect tuberose and strawberry, the floral is None, i cant smell it. its very sweet perfume, but not last just for 2-3 hours.

6.5/10

magnus-poa
magnus-poa

Very nice and light floral but... only lasts 2 hours. A shame.

Kristabelle
Kristabelle

I really love this but it only lasts about two hours on me. I only get a very faint whiff throughout the day.

Tovah
Tovah

I love this fragrance, and I adore the charming bottle. I find this fragrance to be beautiful, unusual and distinctive. The initial blast is an acetic burst of bergamot,tuberose and jasmine, but within seconds a woody sweetness mutes the sharp tones from the white florals. The indoles melt into the muskiness of truffles, and then re-emerge, in balance with effervescent citrus and piquant strawberry. After about 20 minutes Valentina develops into a distinguishable, charming work, that is both luxurious and swank.

Valentina is absolutely a "get stopped in the street" fragrance, with marvelous longevity, and conspicuous sillage. Be careful not to to overspray...this one is not for fans of insipid, assembly-line perfumes.

Something in this calls to mind Hugo Boss Deep Red...must be the tuberose-vanilla mix.

LisaMari
LisaMari

The opening is clean, dry, and earthy with a pleasant hint of sweet wild strawberry. Then it dries down sickly sweet and rather generic - like a little girls perfume.. way too sweet.

IndiaMcCormic

kosmoskukka and windhill, thank you so much for your advice! I've bought this perfum recently and I'm so happy! The smell is magical. I feel wild strawberry and truffle. The base is just gorgeous! I'm not sure about longevity though. I feel it for 5-6 hours every time I move. But I've only used it a couple times. To be honest, I spare this fragrance because I'm afraid of getting tired of it))))

windhill

@IndiaMcCormic Yes, If you love it go for it. I suggest you to spray Valentina on cloth though. It has much greater staying power on fabric.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Indi...
go for it. It lasts on me about 6 hours. On heat of course less... but on warm summer days I boost it up with Valentina body cream...
Valentina is very romantic and happy hearted Lady. I also love her :)

IndiaMcCormic

I fell for this fragrance the moment I tested it on me wrist. I can't even sleep - I want to have "Valentina" so much. After I read the comments about this parfum I found out that some people say it is not long lasting. If so, I don't want to buy it. I love long lasting scents. The owners of this beautiful thing, what would you tell me? Help! I'm desperate(((((((((

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Like grass and patchouli, warm and very little sweet. Not my type of fragrance. Linear smell, all time the same notes, smell don't change in whole day.

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

My skin really amps up the white flowers in this. I don't get strawberries or vanilla or cedar or anything aside from jasmine and orange blossoms.

It starts out very strong, almost headache inducing, for the first few minutes, but it softens very quickly.

It's pretty. Not really for me. It's not very inspiring or challenging, in my opinion. Just soft white florals.

There are other white floral perfumes that far surpass this for me, so it's not going to find a forever home in my wardrobe.

silsilg2
silsilg2

Please someone advise you that this perfume Valentino is beautiful when you put it, but after half an hour not smell anything. My daughter's name is Valentina and when went on sale this perfume ran to buy it and she stayed very disappointed by low duration and no sillage.

mp2491
mp2491

It is a wonderful scent and though it is not the same, it reminds me of L'air de Nina Ricci (which now seems to be discontinued in my area and makes me super sad!) But anyway, it is floral, sweet, and has a little hint of a woodsy base note to it once it settles in. The sweetness is not overwhelming to me.
However, it has no lasting power on my skin. I can't smell it after 1 hr and the only place that it actually lasts for a decent time is when i spray it in my hair.
I am still debating on whether I want to buy the full size. If anyone knows a perfume that's similar to L'air de Nina Ricci, please let me know!!!

pi^2
pi^2

It is very nice, but the strawberry makes it a bit too sweet for me. For an orange blossom lover like me it was hard to decide to skip this one, but I ended up buying the Assoluto version instead, which is more of an evening fragrance. This one is ligher and sweeter and more of a daytime perfume. The bottle is lovely.

junebiswas
junebiswas

I really like this fragrance, but as many others have also mentioned, it has absolutely no staying power. On my skin, the fragrance is gone in less than half an hour! I've used my sample on multiple occasions and the same has always happened. Doesn't work with my body chemistry. Try before you buy

ynde
ynde

Yum! A sweet, warm white floral, heavy on the orange flower and jasmine, given a dirty, slightly sexy but innocent edge by the strawberry and truffle. So far I've only tested it in autumn/winter, and it's felt comforting, elegant, and casual. I feel as though it'd be more appropriate to spring and slightly warmer weather, however, so that the floral notes bloom a little more.

perfumeaddiction

A very beautiful and safe fragrance. Let's start off with that bottle. Very cute and I love the flowers. Bottle shape great and easy to hold and spray - I also love the sprayer itself.

Now on to the scent. Valentina smells so light and feminine. I get musk for sure in this mixure. If you are not a musk fan I don't know if you would enjoy this one. I don't see musk in the notes but to me I swear I smell it. The floral composition is gorgeous without being over the top flowery. I think this fragrance can be worn both night and day comfortably. Definitely a non offensive smooth fragrance that would make a lovely edition to any womans collection.

I will report later on the longevity of the perfume as I just sprayed it.
UPDATE: I sprayed this gem on at around noon and it is about 6 hours later. On the skin it still smells lovely - lite but still present. I got wiffs of it outside in the humidity and it smelled gorgeous!

AntoF
AntoF

Valentino Valentina feels like me: delicate, feminine and subtly enticing. I love it ♥
I would describe it as a daring take on fruity-florals. Here, white flowers are not clean but exhuberant. Vanilla and tuber (whatever that is) provide a touch of spice. In the opening, there's the freshness of juicy strawberries, which I adore and whished lasted longer.
As a side note, I must say the bottle is rather ugly in real life and the sprayer is a mess.
Longevity: 4 - 6 hours
Sillage: close to skin

oktober
oktober

Dreamy and playful. Moon river- Audrey Hepburn

venclips
venclips

Well, from the first spray I smell a strong rootbeer slightly sweet. That's makes me quite surprise because this is not my expectation. I think it's gonna be soft but it's quite strong from the first spray! A few minutes later it's became sweet vanilla that you usually smell it somewhere. For me valentina is too simple, I didn't smell any floral notes. I clasified this to gourmand fragrance. Though I like floral fragrance, I don't hate this. It's just not for me because it's too sweet for my taste.
Staying power moderate on my skin about 6 hours.

Vanie2784
Vanie2784

Its simple, just don't like it. I don't know what it is but not good. Beautiful bottle though. So glad it was only a sample, and I even gave that away.

Saneko
Saneko

At first the smell is really strong but then transforms into something smooth sweet whit a hint of a male perfume. Definitely a scent for winter I fell in love with it and it took me by surprise.

Siv55
Siv55

A bit like earl grey tea at first, (that'll be the bergamot then) then very mild fruit with vanilla, warm but quite clean. Jasmine flits about elusively. No sillage and generally unremarkable. Bottle didn't need the silly black sphere on top.

mademoiselle04
mademoiselle04

Valentina is a gorgeous scent in a gorgeous bottle. It is a great day wear scent. I usually don't like jasmine because it can be very overwhelming, but in this case it is perfectly balanced with vanilla and strawberry. When I use it I feel fresh, classy, and femenine. I only wish it would have more sillage.

babykays
babykays

i love white floral, jasmine and vanilla fragrances.
this is something that i keep recommend to my customers. it is feminine, sexy, classy, and mysterious. love ittt.

juanma
juanma

Probé este perfume de Valentino y me parece que es una agradable (aunque no original) fragancia basada basicamente en flores blancas. Comienza fresco, floral y juvenil, en esta fase inicial predomina la flor de azahar mezclada con sutiles cítricos (bergamota) Luego de aproximadamente 30 minutos aparecen otros florales como el jazmín y la tuberosa que vuelve al perfume un poco polvoso y algo abrumador como si fuese un talco floral dulce y femenino. Aunque el rasgo polvoso podría ser producido por la trufa. No se si sera la nota de vainilla que sube hasta las notas medias pero lo vuelve mas dulce. La fresa la sentí muy de vez en cuando y opacada por los florales que son los dominantes. En la fase media, el perfume ya no huele tan juvenil y fresco como al principio. La base es dulce pero no empalagoso. Es vainilla en su mayoria, bastante genérico, ya que lo olí en muchos otros perfumes femeninos. No hay factor sorpresa en esta creación, es simplemente correcto y agradable. La longevidad es buena y la proyección va de regular a buena. Se puede usar durante todo el año pero con preferencia en otoño, invierno y primavera. Es mas adecuado para el día que en la noche. Mi puntaje del 1 al 10 es 6.

Emiserraelli
Emiserraelli

in me it smells just like Nina by Nina Ricci. Someone thik the same way as me?

harini_20
harini_20

Received this from my hubby today... Lovely bottle!!!! Smell reminds me of viva la juicy perfume!!!! A sophisticated version!!!!! But nice fragrance...gud longitivity!!!!

Lily2911
Lily2911

If you don't like that "sour" scent coming from the strawberry which can be quite dominant for certain skin chemistries like mine, layer it with something more floral/woody like EL 's Sensuous Nude. I tried this today and it worked and it improved the poor longevity. Worth to try !

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Definitely a must try on your skin. It smelled much nicer on the spray nozzle than it did on my skin. On the bottle, it smelled of orange blossoms, jasmine and tubers with vanilla. On me it smelled like that for the first 20 minutes then it changed to low-grade orange blossom and some plasticky-headache-inducing sweetener for the next hour. It completely disappeared after two hours. I guess I expected more from such a fashion house. I returned the bottle and exchanged for Elie Saab.

One spray on me,
Sillage: 6 inches
Longevity: 30 minutes
Rating: 0 for longevity and 3 for scent within first 30 minutes

zperr
zperr

Very nice fragrance, elegant and well balanced smell, i feel wonderful when i wear it, and i am receiving lots of compliments just in first 5or10 minutes after applying, and then nobody can detect anything. İt has a very poor sillage and weak longevity. If it would have a long projection it is probably the best on the market among recently created perfumes. But maybe it is just a skin problem this can stay longer on someone else. Just give it a try !!!

imawallflower
imawallflower

Sillage on me is close to the skin... Even right after applying it I have trouble smelling it, so I rather apply a lot on clothes and little on the skin since on the skin it fades away quick: The only NO for me. I wish it was stronger.

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

I got this as a sample in a swap and I love the scent in the first 30 mins of applying it, but saldy on me it dwindles down to just some flat sandalwood. I detect no jasmine. Later on i put my sweater on which had some of the fragrance on it and i caught the scent of that I had loved at first spritz which was very light floral and juicy fruity. Its alright, but if it had stayed the same scent throughout, Id HAVE to go run out and buy it.

Allinug
Allinug

I thought I would like it but it is to much of jasmin smell on me...I don't mind jasmin in perfumes but not like this.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Perhaps I need to re-test this, because my first time wearing this was only a tad bit beyond disappointing D:

I love light florals, so I was pleased with the fact that it never felt heavy or overbearing.. however, the plastic strawberry flavored toys I played with as a child were the first to come to mind. No jasmine, no flowers at all really. Perhaps some tuberose, but not enough to get me away from the pale, plastic strawberry.

Hope to reacquaint myself with Valentina soon, and make amends ;p

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Valentina opens like a strawberry and citrus flavoured hard candy, kind of like the berry flavoured candy in Viva La Juicy. The strawberry note is really persistent on me, as it's very prominent for hours and hours, even the white flowers emerging from the heart of the fragrance, seem like supporting roles in this case. I'm unable to discern these floral notes, to me altogether they form a vague cluster of clean white flower scent. And I'm starting to seeing the point of leaving some indoles or 'dirtiness' in a white flower scent, even it's meant to be a relatively clean and pure white flower scent, as in Valentina, or in CK Downtown, or Viva La Juicy, these floral notes are so clean that they become blurred.

The far drydown of Valentina is the most pleasant part to me. It's smoothened with a nice touch of vanilla, and the candy-like strawberry note is significantly subdued. But still, this part is not outstanding enough for me to go through the strawberry candy phase again.

The sillage of Valentina is relatively soft, but lasts more than 12 hours on me. Although I'm not very fond of the strawberry candy and the too-clean white flower aspects of Valentina, I'd still recommend it to those who enjoyed Viva La Juicy or CK Downtown, as a smoother version of this type of fruity candy-clean flower scents.

cecilia.thorn.56
cecilia.thorn.56

Valentina starts off with a rather strong blast of bergamot, although it is much more noticeable on paper than on skin. The second note is the white truffle (tuber in fragrantica) that comes in rather strongly on my skin and is making Valentina very interesting ( but not 'fresh' since this note is very earthy and a bit animalic). There is also a tinge of strawberry, a little sweetness, but Valentina is not overtly sweet on me. It is soft in terms of sillage and hence stays fairly close to the skin. In the middle phase, the white flowers appear. The tuberose is very soft in Valentina. Valentina rests on a base of soft vanilla mixed with the earthy white truffles and a touch of amber. On my skin, Valentina is a floral oriental as classified. It is not a 'fresh' out of the shower fragrance but more a soft, earthy/warm and sexy, but subtle fragrance, unlike many other fragrances in this category. I do tend to sometimes 'crave' it and it has a permanent place in my fragrance collection. To sum up; Valentina is a great choice if you are looking for a versatile, sophisticated, classy but sexy fragrance that can take you from day to night.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

The fruits, jasmine and vanilla are beautiful together. Valentina doesn't really evoke any emotions in me, just a pleasant feeling. Suitable for the office but would you really want to wear this with your lover? Vulnerable, soft but not sexy.

As the scent develops, you smell more amber (starts to ick) and the sweetness fades a bit. Still, a quality floral.

цветана.петрова
цветана.петрова

Valentina is a nice everyday scient.I like it.The bottle is very beautiful.I would buy it again.

Very white floral and for me the amber is very intensive.
It's sweet, sharp and clean at the same time. Complicated composition.
The clean freshness comes from bergamot, the sweetness from vanilla and sharp bitterness from the mixture of amber and jasmine. I can't smell strawberry, probably because there are so many things there, my nose just gets confused.
Not a delicate perfume, more like a strong one.
Suitable for every age.
Personally I am annoyed by the composition of amber and jasmine in this one.

brianaaaah
brianaaaah

*My skin tends to cling on to and respond best to floral/sweet scents*

For me, this is a soft, slightly sweet jasmine fragrance. I actually can't detect most of the notes and I'm left with only jasmine, vanilla and cedar which I like. I find some jasmine fragrances to be really serious (best way I can describe it) while this is pleasant and inviting. It has enough floral notes to grab your attention and just the right amount of sweetness for comfort.

The jasmine is present immediately and stays present. There is no detection of bergamot anywhere. The top notes last for about a minute before the tuberose kicks in in the heart. After about 10 minutes the jasmine is left to create a beautiful mixture with the vanilla and cedar once it has completely dried down. There is some sweetness but it isn't cloying or sickly at all.

Absolutely love the fragrance. Cannot wait to add it to my collection!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Thick white floral, with jasmine and tuberose, rose, musk and amber.
Tuberose and amber intense.
I find it heavy-ish for my taste, however my sister wears this day and night. Whole house smells like it.
It is elegant, grown up scent.

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

This smells like something from my childhood that I cannot pinpoint. Something a grandmother kept in her purse? A toy from my kindergarten class? It is quite sweet and floral but there is something transparently seductive and sexy about the sweetness. It is different from other florals in an earthy, creamy way. I would never pick this bottle out from a lineup, but there is something special about this fragrance...

mystica
mystica

Valentina is an incredibly sweet vanilla fragrance with slight animalic undertones.

I wouldn't classify Valentina as an "oriental floral". I don't smell any prominent white flowers in it. What is recognizable however is the African Orange flower.

Valentina smells very much like tiramisu the dessert with a touch of rum; which makes it smell like rather a gourmand fragrance.

kay0981
kay0981

Valentina is a warm, casual jasmine composition with a twist.

The opening is distinctively white floral, sweetened by strawberry, but it doesn't smell overly fruity. The top notes fade away quickly, leading to the heart of creamy tuberose and orange blossom. The base is sweet and powdery, enriched with earthy tuber, which gives Valentina a slightly 'vintage' feel. I can really smell the 'animalic' accord of the composition here, which can be a little tricky. It is very distinctive and pronounced, and not everyone will like it. I myself find that, on some days, I am truly in love with this warm, earthy aroma – I feel that it gives the composition a nice edge; filling it with sexy, intoxicating smokiness. On other days however, I find the earthy tuber to be a little intrusive and irritating, and somehow clashing with the jasmine and cedar accords. It's as if the notes didn't blend so well in the drydown, causing a slight imbalance in the composition. It could just be the skin chemistry, but nevertheless, it stops me from reaching for this fragrance as often as I would like to.

The bottle is beautiful – modern and romantic. I'm not sure about the complaints regarding the lasting power, because on my skin, Valentina projects nicely throughout the whole day. This fragrance is not very unique or breathtaking, but not every perfume needs to be. It's simply a nice, everyday scent; soft, pleasant and non-offensive. The tuber note can be tricky, but please approach it with an open mind – you might love it!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Daivuce
Daivuce

Sweet, girly, pleasant. Something schoolgirl dressed in pink would wear. I like the smell of it, but you wouldn't catch me wearing this.

Speirune
Speirune

Let's see.. There was something among the base notes which irritated me a lot, I could not identify what it smelled like but it was a medicine-like, bitter, metallic note which made me eliminate this fragrance. Even after a while all I could smell was that bitter note and nothing else; so I was surprised to see that some people found it "too sweet" even?! It is not a strong fragrance, it has narrow sillage; but it does not resemble any other fragrance so it is definitely unique. I imagine it could be somebody else's signature scent provided it would not smell as metallic on them. The bottle though... it is gorgeous.

bojana23
bojana23

i just bought it and i am SOOOOOOO happy with it! the bottle is beautiful but the smell.. on my skin it is not too sweet or strong, just so that people close to you can smell it, but what i love most is how it settles after about an hour. perfect! at least for me

when i sprayed it in my hair it lasted for 12 hours!

marinaw90
marinaw90

I like this one, not love though. It has a beautiful clean smell, but the white florals are a bit screechy and sharp, so if you know you're not a white floral fan avoid this. It's slightly fruity too. I just wish it was creamier to balance out the florals, but nonetheless it's a pleasant scenes, you just need to be careful not to spray too much or you might get a headache.

rinamienamei
rinamienamei

I love white floral so I made a blind purchased... i bought a tester... got this today but I think animalic notes is not my type.. I don't like powdery smell also.. so I'm disappointed with this :(

The longevity also poor.. sprays on my skin and it last for an hour.. spray on cloths also the same.. supposedly a tester is more concentrate but it not!

xrayer
xrayer

This is absolutely beautiful! A lovely member sent me a sample and I am wearing it today, I think this might be the one I am looking for, that elusive soft floral that is perfect for wearing every day in the warmer weather. I tend to struggle with tuberose but this is done perfectly, slightly sweet and ever so soft, not loud and brash like many other white florals. I am surprised at all the negative reviews but oh well, each to their own! I will be on the look out for this in the post-Christmas sales!

Edit: just saw that this is done by Alberto Morillas, my favourite perfumer ever, no wonder I love it.

Frayja
Frayja

On my skin is a balanced combination of tender jasmine and juicy strawberry with a slow down "backing vocals"of something woodsy that makes me feel wonderfully warm.
Keeps me company for 6 hours plus.
Bottle=a poem.I enjoy it,that's the feeling !

Valentina is a pretty easy to like jasmine fragrance. I get the strawberry, but it's not overwhelming. It just lends some freshness and sweetness.
I put Valentina in the same category as I do fragrances such as Flowerbomb. A pleasant blend of sweet and floral notes grounded in something earthy (in this case tuber) that many women from many walks of life could like and even love.
Why Flowerbomb gets so much more love and attention than say, Valentina, I don't know. Perhaps it's marketing.

Beautiful scent, flowery with a drop of orient, very feminine, my favourite some time ago. In the middle, tuberose made it a bit too strong to my nose, but I was just a moment and later it developed very nicely.

renneyg007

I do really like this fragrance, but there is something ever so slightly sour in its composition and it to me is quite a cold fragrance.

andabri
andabri

Sweet white floral with a hint of powder and strawberry. It's not unique... can't really call it a generic fruity/floral but it's sort of bland... It's similar to Burberry Body on me but softer and more perfumey smelling.

EvyRose
EvyRose

Packaging: 3.5/5
Simple yet elegant bottle. Easy to carry around.

Perfume: 3.5/5
In my senses Jasmine, Tuber and Strawberry are the main notes. The scent is not ordinary yet not so unique. Definitely more complex than the average scent out there.
At first, this opens as a powdery/floral scent on me and then it dries down to a more earthy, spicy scent that very slightly lingers.
It is elegant, sophisticated and you can wear it as a daytime or nightime perfume. It isn't too strong, or too fruity.

Longetivity: 3.5/5
The scent persists for quite a long time.

Sillage: 2/5
However because the scent is not overpowering it is not noticeable on me after a couple of hours.

Overall: 3.1/5

windhill

A well behave oriental floral includes soft and sweet scent. Gorgeous bottle with all my favorite white floral and beloved vanilla notes. I agreed its not really unique.But still lovely and sensual. Strawberry make this scent has a little bit fruity vibe but its smooth and well blended with vanilla and jasmine. I also smelt bergamot very clearly. Valentina is warm but clean and quite airy to my nose.

Base is woody and powdery. One of my new favorite bottle but doesn't last. Very poor lasing power and need to sprayed often.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Very sweet in my opinion. Unfortunately, not vanilla sweet, but strong headache sweet.

perfumeaddiction

I got a sample from a lovely Fragrantica member and I have to say I have fallen in love with it. This is such a soft and classy scent. I literally cannot stop smelling my arm. Loving it so much I am going to have to purchase a full sized bottle now. The lasting power on my skin was so so... however some of it got on my pajama sleeve and it's so fantastic. If you enjoy rich soft scents that are not to overpowering or sickly floral I think you would really love this one. This is a perfume you need to sprits on your clothing though to make it last.

EvaMG
EvaMG

This is a classy and sophisticated fragrance, non-offensive but yet outstanding. It captivated me. I would see the perfect professional wearing it. It is subtle yet beautiful. The "dark" trufle, the elegant jasmine.. This, plus magnolia as in Guerlain's L'Instant, or Very Valentino, are the type of scents I would define as "professional", class and in command..

Juliana6

Spring, youth, love, sophistication, elegant simplicity, simple elegance.
Freshly washed, white, high quality silk scarf has escaped from the tight embrace of a clothes-peg and through the transparent, fresh spring air it has fallen down into a blooming apple tree. White, scented petals, light green leaves, flower scents from spring flowers growing beneath the apple tree, wood, all the waking nature, earth scents, scented wind and love in the air.

Giezza
Giezza

I smelled jasmine, I don't know where it comes from but I like it. A fresh floral scents. It's beautiful, you can wear it day or night.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

To me, it basically smells like rose flavoured soap... My friend adored the scent but I just couldn't seem to like it.

mluckyg
mluckyg

I bought Valentina for the beautiful bottle. It is quite strong and pungent, has medium projection and last 4 - 5 hours on my skin.

Valentina smells like a combination of vanilla and flower, a little creamy and powdery. The strawberry is not really detectable as it is well blended.
Very little fruit and the vanilla sweetness is just right, not too sweet.

Maya Spell
Maya Spell

Sensual,Warm and Elegant..
Very Feminine and Sexy..
Versatile Oriental Floral with a Light Fruity Hint..
Great longevity.. Perfect! ^_^

deeanna
deeanna

Classy, elegant, sparkling, just the rignt sweetness, SO ITALIAN ! Reminds me of a sunny smiling happy winterday.
It's true that it's very ephemere, no long lasting on the skin, but if I put it on the racine of my hair, on wool or echarpe, it keeps all the day.

daredevil
daredevil

Classy elegant soft not powdery but still sweet! Kinda neutral i can say for winter and spring , not a fragrance that get all eyes on you but you may get a compliment!

Scout
Scout

There I go again making a blind buy based on the notes! Arrgh. At first spray it is really rough on the nostrils. That sort of White Diamonds, Amarige, all-out steel-wool-in-your-nose metallic yet floral coarse blast. Then on the skin it's a nice headache, high-pitched floral, but the powder puff of steel wool roughness is still lingering in the air.
I'm now in hour two. This is reminiscent of Modern Muse, but not as creamy of a floral in the projection. This is probably not a fair comparison and is purely based on the recency of my trying these two within a few weeks of each other, but it's as if the projection and skin scents of Modern Muse and Valentina did a swap. The creamy floral that hangs above Modern Muse is tight to the skin in Valentina, and the rough assertiveness that clings to the skin in Modern Muse is hanging in a cloud around me in Valentina.
A little like Narcisco Rodriguez too. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a pretty standard loud-projecting floral with a tidge of fruit or sweet, I cant tell, and a timbre of metallic. I get no distinct vanilla, jasmine, tuber, strawberry, neroli etc etc etc. This could be gardenia as far as I'm concerned. It's just bold floral.
The woman I first saw in my head when I sprayed it is someone with very color processed hair, brassy, dark roots, very overdone with a curling iron, foundation a shade too dark, black eyeliner a little too thick, blue eyeshadow, mismatched blush, a skirt that's too tight, a blouse that's too low, generally a size too large for her clothes, lots of jewelry, and heels that are better worn at a nightclub to the office.
Gosh, that sounds harsh. It's really not that bad. But it may really turn some people off.

anaf505
anaf505

Is a great fragrance. But not lasting.. not even 2 hours on my skin! Gave away..

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Absolutely beautiful light scent, very classy. I immediately fell in love with this, found a good deal online.
Feels like I'm spritzed with strawberry champagne- I absolutely love the tuber note. This is a more "mature" scent for those that are tired of the young floral fruity scents; I'd say 25+ for age.
Another bonus- this stuff has amazing staying power (~4-5 sprays). Not many perfumes can last a full work day!

Nil3
Nil3

I really REALLY want to like this one. My nose can't. I had to wash it off. Left it on the other wrist. The last stage is lovely,LOVELY. Can't wait through all the stages to get there. I'm sure this is a winner for most women! This remings me very much of Italian women in their 20's.
And such a sweet and lovely bottle.
VALENTINO never won me over. Fragrance wise or personality wise.

Lannielui
Lannielui

I LOVE this fragrance! It starts off fruity and morphs into a wonderful white floral with a warm base of cedar and amber. It reminds me of Burberry London. Not that it smells the same, but rather, that it develops the same way and makes my mood lift with its enjoyable scent.

Its soft, yet provocative and classy. Sophisticated and warm at the same time. I envision the passion of an Italian opera singer mixed with the softness of a butterfly's kiss.

franksgirl
franksgirl

It is uncomplicated, unobtrusive office smell. Sweet and flowery but not boring. Nothing I would rave about but not bad either.

Vanilla8978
Vanilla8978

Amazing. I love this. I love the bottle and the scent.

Pepecantero
Pepecantero

Its quite nice. But is very familiar, nothing new

TibbieMom
TibbieMom

I used one spritz of the edp from a travel atomizer, and it was "Valentina Overload." Strong doesn't begin to describe it; however, that wasn't an issue because I *love* the scent. I'm surprised at all the comments about its not lasting. On me, it lasted well over 12 hours and disappeared only after I showered. Maybe those of you who think it doesn't last should try a bigger spritz? If this had been a scrubber on me, I'd have been in big trouble, because I can't imagine that it would have washed off easily.

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

Overpowering flowers and animalistic notes, yeah. Too much for my nose. Sillage is strong and it lasts a lot of hours.
Too many hours.

kristin.jens
kristin.jens

Love the scent, but it just doesn't last. The scent is delicate and pretty classy -- one of my favorites -- but it's just not worth shelling out for something that fades so quickly and has almost no sillage.

I'll mirror what others have said: It reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. It is lovely. It doesn't last.

Morrigan
Morrigan

Smells like a posh Roman lady!

Strawberry: undetected by my nose. Tuber: wtf?!

Simply put: this is a straight up white floral with some zinginess to it and a creamy vanilla base. Precious and seductive at the same time, I found Valentina to be quite the oxymoron: delicate white florals clashing against something heady (orange blossom?). Not too original and not too mundane either. Pretty and feminine. A classier Miss Dior Cherie.

Lasting power: 3-4 hours on my skin.

hintay
hintay

I like the design,but the perfume doesnt make me impressed, its normal and similiar Nina Ricci , sweet and bored , i won't buy it again .

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Orange Blossom at its best!
I love this one , my only complaint being the lasting power. Well, the silage is far from stellar too...
regardless, the combination of orange blossom, gardenia and amber create a "honey" effect. A light vanilla gives it sensuality. It 's soft, feminine, elegant, delicately sexy. The bottle is pretty too. It is overpriced, but then again, others from the same scent family, like Elie Saab, are too. I cannot connect with laundry reference for nothing. It is just perfect for romantic and relaxed sunny days, or warm nights.
Lovely and natural smelling, just wonderful.

Very light, pretty floral with aldehydic metallilc notes that make is smell French and golden at the same time. It's simple but smells like money. Not sure why people weren't able to detect it: If I put too much of this on, I might knock birds out of the trees. On me, it's definitely there. Suitable for summer wear and semi formal occasions.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Bought it, love it!

Valleyofthedolls
Valleyofthedolls

Received this as a gift from my brother. Whenever he's traveling he always brings me something from duty free. Didn't go crazy over it but didn't dislike it either.It's a nice perfume: well balanced sweetness but the tuber note bothers me a little when first sprayed. I wore it the other day and a male friend of mine went crazy over it. He even asked me the name to get it for his gf. Despite what everyone mentions about the silage and longevity, it had been about 4 or 5 hours since I first applied and we weren't even that close to each other yet he couldn't stop complimenting me. Give it a try girls, apparently guys love it! It's a very nice perfume, in the same line of Miss Dior, seems like it will become uber popular.

Sofy888
Sofy888

Sensual, rich
reminds me NR For Her
good for night and day

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

The bottle looks better in the picture than in real life, have only tried it on paper so far

irenesa
irenesa

Valentina is a clean classy flowery lady! she smells so yummie! i would describe her like a flowery gourmand fragrance, but very soapery too. This perfume makes me smille and makes me feel so comfortable in my own skin. its very soft and femminine but joyfull at the same time. its amazing for spring and autumm.

Wemano
Wemano

Lovely soft fragrance! It's flowery, sweet, a bit fruity and powdery. Also quite versatile. And today I wore it to work and normally I spray my fume again at lunchtime, but didn't have a chance because I left it at home by mistake. But it wasn't even necessary, because now I can still smell it 10 hours later!

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

smells like nina ricci L'Elixir.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Definitely has the fresh laundry smell. It's a cozy but light scent with a bit of brightness that makes it wearable in any season. It's not a new scent, but it is one of the best versions of it's type I have come across. The longevity isn't that great though, so I prefer the Assoluto version over this one.

Jenniferr
Jenniferr

I realy love this perfume. It smells so classy and expensive. However, it isn't that strong at all. it lasts on the skin for a few hours.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

If the smell of fresh clean laundry powder is your "thing" - then you will probably LOVE this fragrance!

Ok, I just passed someone's home while they were doing laundry-- and I've got to admit that the smell of the laundry sheet dryer scents is pretty sexy, because the human mind is a crazy complex thing and we often link this aroma with the smell of curling up in a freshly clean bed with fresh sheets... (not to mention the romantic links that come to mind - of rolling around in the sack for some sexy hot fun!) To me, it smells like the gentle dry-down of laundry soap/dryer sheets... a bit powdery... and clean.

---------------

In my quest to find a new signature fragrance that is non-offensive and perfect for business or personal, Valention's Valentina was recommended by the staff of Senior Fragrance "Noses" in the department at Bloomingdales. I LOVE the bottle design! This is an immediate draw... it is really beautiful, elegant, and immediately says "class and sophistication" just with the aesthetic design of the bottle.

I'm trying this right now. So far, the first notes are very sweet, pretty, and a bit powdery. I will see how this wears throughout the day and check for silage, then report back! So far, so good! The first 15 minutes this smells like an upper crust fresh - "out of the shower" or expensive laundry soap. It is very clean, and super feminine. I'm loving it so far!

An hour and a half into this, the fragrance is going very "powdery" on me. I'll admit, my chemistry is very fickle... some of the more difficult fragrances to wear - I can wear well, but I try to avoid stepping into the zone of heavy powder - or something that starts to "turn" with my chemistry. This is not working for me, but from what the Bloomingdale noses said... a lot of women truly LOVE this particular fragrance. On me, this is going into a very light aroma similar to an expensive baby powder.

This is definitely an upper crust fragrance. It has a softness and femininity about it where this would be an excellent choice for the office - or if you were working in a building where you were having to take the elevator with numbers of people.

I like it, but I'm not "in love" with this one. The baby powder is not making the type of statement that I want. I think I will pass... but please-- try this yourself. My opinion is only based on what happened with my own chemistry. You may actually LOVE this one!

NG
NG

Sweet, powdery with lovely vanilla for a Lady with nice bottle but the problem is longevity

londonhermit
londonhermit

This is very lovely. It smells like very expensive fabric spray almost Jo Malonish. It's very powdery and musky. Initially I smelled the sweet jasmine towards the dry down I get the white flowers. However this stuff does not really project or last.

YayashW
YayashW

Smelt rather clean and floral when first sprayed, which surprised me as I  am not a huge floral fan( it had been I while since I had decided that I liked its scent from a brief visit to a shop). A minute later it started smelling like a spice that reminds me of cinnamon, as well as faintly sweet, with a garden in the background.
Later the floral scent grew stronger again. Fortunately the slight spice and sweetness prevent the flowers from being too overwhelming.
 Nothing like what I originally intended to buy, but it smells pretty, clean and feminine, and like something I should be able to get away with wearing at work while dreaming of being in a garden party in a pretty summery white dress.

I find the silliage rather heavy for me, so I just spray it lightly once on my hair before work. When I get home I can still smell it. This fragrance has ended up making me appreciate the smell of flowers in general much more than I ever used to

Samah
Samah

Where is the scent? I bought this yesterday it was completely a blind buy but I can't smell anything, just a very faint smell, I don't know if it's just me or the fragrance has zero sillage.

tterekhova
tterekhova

I bought it for my mom as her name is Valentina and thought it would be cool to have such perfume. I don't understand where is the scent there... Don't feel it.

Necabel
Necabel

Me encanta este perfume! Es sensual y delicado. No lo encuentro rebelde como lo anuncian, pero sí con una personalidad independiente y con cierto aire de despreocupación. Encaja muy bien con mi piel. Creo que puede funcionar bien todo el año, aunque en verano me gusta utilizar perfumes más refrescantes. He probado una muestra, pero sin duda será una futura adquisición.

***

I love this perfume! It is sensual and delicate. I can not find rebel as advertised, but with an independent personality and with an air of nonchalance. Fits well with my skin. I think it can work well all year, but in summer I like to use most refreshing perfume. I tried a sample, but it will be a future acquisition.

hadassa
hadassa

The opening is very nice: jasmine and wild strawberries is a cool combination! Very uplifting! The first thought was - "How pretty it is!"

The second thought, right after a strong vanilla note comes: "Oh, this is way to perfumey..."

The third thought: "However... The truffle makes it kind of special. Vanillic perfume with a twist. Hmmm"

And on this optimistic note it ended. Half an hour, such a short life for a perfume.

Five main characteristics: sweet, weak, pretty, mainstream, gorgeous bottle.

freddinos
freddinos

Yet another forgettable amber-y vanilla with lots of mixed white florals. I guess it's the recipe of the decade. Next please...

Zoya
Zoya

Valentina... don't break my heart! I really love you. You have everything I am looking for. You're pretty, gentle, soft, memorable... I just can't get enough of you. I want more, and more. You are almost perfect. Please, don't leave, stay... don't walk away, don't fade away... no... I love you, please - stay.
Valentina looked at me, took a deep breath, and disappeared 40 minutes later.

zfyreangel
zfyreangel

I absolutely adore this scent. It doesn't smell like candy on me, but it is sweet and floral. I took it for a "test drive" for a whole day...the scent gets deeper and richer as the day moves on.

I have never had an issue with staying power on this scent either. I spray it on at 6:30 am and can still smell it when I'm leaving work at 5. I don't bathe in it either, just a few spritzes and I'm good to go.

My body chemistry tends to work very well with jasmine, tuberose, amber, bergamot and vanilla. This is definitely not going to be everyone's taste. My mother hated the smell right out of the bottle and on her, but she loved the dry down on me and said it was definitely one I would gravitate toward.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

Valentina...Valentina! Oh Valentina Valentina Valentina
I love the comercial on TV!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I tried this today at a perfume counter and I absolutely love it! This is now on my "to buy" list. It's so fresh and pleasant. Sweet, feminine, but with character. Not headache-inducing.

Inesis
Inesis

My boyfriend bought this for me yesterday. I got to choose a perfume for myself, but we both absolutely fell in love with Valentina. It's so sweet and soft and comfy!

What I get from Valentina is at first flowers, then it very soon transforms into a sweet, vanillay scent with a hint of strawberry in it. Lovely!

On my very pale and dry scandinavian skin it is very soft and lasts around three hours. Oh well, I would like it to have a little bit more sillage. I love it anyway.

cherie97
cherie97

Wearing this right now and all I can say is... marshmallows, sugar, candies and all that sweetnes is pretty overwhelming. I don't get any flowers, nor citrus notes. It's the same from the beginning to an end, sugary, sweet and somehow really heavy and powdery.
Smells a little like powder candies and baby powder at the same time. No water here, if you know what I mean - no life, no liquid, no freshness.
Valentina is a bit old-fashioned, I can imagine a super skinny, young woman wearing this scent along with little black dress and straight hair. I can also imagine an elderly lady wearing Valentina with her suit. Yes, it's quite elegant I can't deny, but in a strange way, a way I simply don't like.
I don't find Valentina attractive, just a little lost in what she wants, confused.She might look good, but she is not sexy, she might be pretty as hell but you don't find her attractive - that's how I feel about this scent. This perfume is really choking - I couldn't find a better words to describe it.

Very poor creation for me.
Nothing but powdery sweet marshmallows, nothing truly captivating.

(The bottle is adorable though.)

Nefelisparkles

Oh God, good times... It reminds me of my husband...Our honeymoon.. Good times... Aww... I'm running out will repurchase soon... Will always keep a bottle... Perfect all year round..

melange
melange

One thing I can see reading the reviews of Valentina is how much this fragrance is open to interpretation - it seems that although not particularly exciting, it is very evocative - of real and imaginary situations. Perhaps this is one of its greatest strengths.

Fragrance-wise, Valentina has many faces. On me, she smells like caramel hard candy. On my sister's skin, though, bergamot and strawberry notes become very prominent.

My experience:
The opening is very synthetic, but tasty; artificial tuberose quickly gives way to buttery sweetness. Some earthy, yet sweet note appears - tubers? After the opening, the fragrance becomes rounded, nicely blended, and the sweetness becomes quite convincing, less run-of-the-mill, evolving to salty caramel.

On the whole, the scent is pleasant, warm, salty, and feminine, yet two things spoil the Valentina experience for me. First, the sour notes (fruity notes gone wrong on my skin?) towards the end; second, the fact that she's gone from my skin far too fast.

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

this perfume is in my want list 10% because I kinda like the scent and 90% because I absolutely ADORE the bottle :)
I'm not a big fan of jasmine but the jasmine in here is Egyptian jasmine which I prefer and it's blended nicely with other notes

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

It's not similar to Nina Ricci Nina, but it is very similar to Nina Ricci Nina l'elixir! I like l'elixir better.

buithao3006
buithao3006

I dont think its similiar with ricci nina!:)

murasaki
murasaki

simply one of the best fragrances of all. The orange flower is subtle yet very feminine. Bergamot and cedar add crispiness to the ensemble. The bottle is gorgeous and chic! a must have in a boudoir!

polecat
polecat

I love this scent, it smells to me like the sweet flavoured tobacco you get in shisha bars to smoke while sipping a mint or cardamom tea.

It's sweet, woody and fruity and packed with white flowers. The tuberose adds a creaminess that is really soft and the amber a warmth and barely detectable spice.

I love the bottle, it's modern but romantic. I also personally I like the flowers on the front. I would consider this as a scent for a bohemian wedding celebration to be worn with a flowing kaftan or a white sun dress.

Jenny Peycheva
Jenny Peycheva

First time I smell it in the store i really loved it! Then when I bought it I though that it's nothing so special. The smell is nice, floral and good for the summer /really who wear it in the winter????/but the longevity is very poor! And the bottle is cheap. For this price they can make it way better!

RedLady
RedLady

Whilst I was looking for xmas gifts for my mum and sister, I gave Valentina a test.
When it first hit the skin it smelt really gorgeous. Made me think momentarily that I was in 1950s Paris and not a Boots store at London Waterloo station. Very classic and a beautiful bottle.
But then I found myself very disappointed when I could barely smell it a half hour later. Two hours later and it was gone.
Shame.

Paloma Lette
Paloma Lette

I will always remember this fragrance and the meaning it has to me- a birthday present from my boyfriend, I remember the first time I saw it, I was attracted to the three roses pinned on the front of the bottle, just out of curiosity, opened the lid, my boyfriend and I stood there and smiled to each other, I will never forget it because he said “that is so you”, it’s a defining moment when the person you love knows you and can “pick” you. From that moment on, I was eagerly awaiting my birthday as I knew he would purchase it for me, surely enough, as it was winter, the scent blended perfectly, it’s a special scent, for me different to the way other users review this fragrance.

This scent at first spray reminds me of Burberry, I would describe it as sweet, earthy and oriental, slightly spicy but rich in warmth, yes warmth, that’s a word I would use to sum it up if I had to choose, warm, like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. I was surprised to see that this contained tuberose and strawberry, I can’t smell either at any moment, even after a long hour on my skin, however, the notes that do stand out in the immediate are vanilla, jasmine, cedar and orange flower, all notes in which are my standard favourites. I have never been a previous lover of Valentino (except for the shoes), or anything that is labelled typically Italian, to add to that, I don’t at all relate to this fragrance being remnants of Rome or Italian flavours, however, I do love this scent because of it’s elegance and femininity. I love scents that are overly feminine with a bouquet of florals throughout, but I also have days where I feel scents like Valentina, Burberry, Giorgio, Fracas (and so on) bring more of a spicier sensuality, a feeling in which I love, that makes you feel wiser and more sophisticated. Quite quickly this fragrance releases a creamy overcoat, I love that it is not overpowering but still powerful enough to capture or “turn heads”, just to be cliche. Valentina is an embodiment of classic, to me, even a little vintage, which I love, I have stated many times over how much I dislike all of these commercialised lollipop fragrances that are appearing these days. I have been reading reviews in which users say this is animalic, this I could agree to only a certain degree, I link animalic for this fragrance the same way I view Roberto Cavalli (maybe because they contain some of the same notes), but in general, I see this fragrance as less balmy and more striking.

To speak a little about the bottle, I love the roses, the 3D effect is creates the subtleness of this fragrance, almost like real flowers. I love signature touches on fragrances, the roses are symbolic, I have quite enjoyed the creativity that has gone into this design. This fragrance could be worn I feel any season of the year (however less in Summer, it’s too sophisticated for those long days at the beach), I smell Winter and Spring throughout this fragrance, orange flower being the definite Spring (I love this note in the Spring). The staying power isn’t of the greatest standard but I continue to speak highly of this fragrance, as there is nothing wrong with the joy of reapplying and feeling the story of the scent all over again. Unfortunately I don‘t get to wear it as often as I would like, but it remains one of my keepsake fragrances, one in which will only get better with ages, those are the valued fragrances, to my wardrobe of classics, including Chanel, Guerlain Shailmar and Robert Piguet, I now welcome Valentina.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a classy perfume for alien lovers or euphoria lovers white floral warm sensual..everything you want in a perfume classy refined..jasmine lovers its woody soft yet feminine and warm and a bit oriental in a french way ..its full sweet a hint of vanilla not gourmand sweet but sickenly sweet tuber rose ..it reminds me of the white poison and of chloe chloe edp and elie saab ..
long lasting doesnt change true its form and confident under a subtle feminine vail..

edp
perfume rating 4 out of 5
bottle rating 4 out of 5

parislady
parislady

Valentina has all you could wish for in a fragence.It is sensual sexy and classy. The scent is warm and soft with touches of lovely exotic flowers mixed with amber and vanilla plus notes of wild strawberry. There is so much more to it than just the actual levels of notes in the perfume.
It has a touch of romance and rome plus the feeling of something familiar with new notes to excite your senses. Its a really good scent for Christmas and a gift, if given, will be well received. The Bottle is so well designed too, its a must for any fragence lover. Enjoy all perfume lovers and it is often remarked on by others. The most important person with a fragence is yourself, and this makes me feel full of fun and ready to take on new things.

Ana Grigore
Ana Grigore

I love Valentina, it reminds me of Rome...It's a delicate, classy, clean, yet intriguing and sensual scent! It has allure but also playfulness! In my opinion, it's a perfume that could have been worn by Audrey Hepburn when filming Roman Holiday...:)
I must mention that I love light scents and so I only wear Valentina whenever I go out at night. I can't wait for the light version of Valentina to appear in order to purchase it and wear it during the day!

tanpa nama
tanpa nama

Love at first spritz! Smells similiar to nina l'elixir,but combined with white floral,and it smells very soft and elegant. I want a bottle!

I love Valentina, it is quite different from most scents out there, not sure it is floral/ oriental, rather a fruity chypre with earthy undertones.. It smells fresh and pretty and the drydown is great, with a certain distinctiveness, I am really enjoying it. As far as Assoluto is concerned, I do not like it t all, it is a totally different scent.
I don't get the comparison with Scarlett which is younger and brighter, almost screechy, or with Nina which is a typical Nina Ricci. Valentina has its own vibe, a beautiful Cresp/Morillas creation.

Queen Bosy.Egy
Queen Bosy.Egy

It's nice but I regret buying coz it smell the same like Nina ricci red apple so it's not new at all :)

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

The fragrance, on my skin, was sweet with the smell that seems frosting and marshmallows ... Not for me ... Looks like Nina Elixir.

sara coco
sara coco

رائحته رائحه وفواحه ولكن ليس مركز ولايدوم طويلا

aschiffm
aschiffm

Opens kind of sharp and soon turns into a pleasant powdery abracted floral . Nothing that would warrant compliments or anything but smells "nice" and soft. Expected more from Valentino.

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

meh,this perfume doesn't seem to have much of a personality. jasmine and tuber with a vanilic base, nothing special. the beginning is nice, but it fades too quickly.
it just feels like a 'cute' and 'modest' perfume...
i've never been one huge lover of jasmine so i might be biased

christina1712
christina1712

Just wore it for the first time right this minute and the opening is divine. I don't know if it's long-lasting or not - will see later on. However, judging from the smell, it seems as it is.

The bottle is one of the most creative I have ever seen, yet it is elegant and sleek. For me I find it having a rich and sophisticated smell, definitely not for ametuers and the young early-teenage crowd.

hoppie66
hoppie66

Fresh, feminine scent however I could not detect it on my skin 30 minutes later! :(

busik
busik

Reminds Very Valentino, soft, not impressed. And strange flowers on the bottle glued rude.

hanjari
hanjari

it's kinda safe scent, nice floral & powdery. But for me there's nothing special about it, like but not love it. very gorgeous bottle though.

kashmir
kashmir

The first time I tested it felt sweet, comfy, powderly an yummy. Defenitely my scent. But what a surprise today - I find a lot of fruits : this annoying bergamont and spoiled strawberries. Whyyy? I wanted so bad to like this perfume.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

از کجا شروع میشود ترش بی معنی ولی جذاب وسرحال رایحه که در زمان کوتاه که از بین میرود همانند یک عشق کوتاه مدت برای یکبار اما خاطره انگیز که بسادگی میتوان همه جا آن را پیدا کرد برای یک گل فروش و گل یاس برای سرشار از رایحه کوتاه دنباله در یک شب رویائی

Nefelisparkles

This is Amazing! My husband gave it to me as a gift on our honeymoon, we picked it together! We both love it, it's sensual, warm, easy going and delicious. It lasts very long on my skin too! 10/10!

***Edit: OMG! I can smell it on my hair two days after applying it!!!! So nice and warm/ sweet smell!!! Loooove it!!
When I wore it in Austria the orange blossom and something very earthy/nutty (tuber or amber) were the most prominent notes.
Here in Greece the strawberry and white flowers are more present! It's probably the weather and my skin PH changing but I love it anyway!!! Try it and see for yourselves!!

Part of the perfume family Valentina, Scarlett, Cosmic Radiance and Radiance! Love all 4!!

siskakak
siskakak

Very unique on top..
beautiful floral fragrances..

ladymillion123456789

i smelt this scent i while ago and i really liked it its quite sweet you can defiantly smell the strawberry note its a lovely smell and the bottle is very classy and young it defiantly defines the Valentina girl young sexy i find the Valentino brand to be one of the classiest designer brands on the market the Valentino brand does everything with great quality .
CANT WAIT FOR MY BOTTLE TO ARRIVE.

and the advert is so good love it!!!!!!!!!

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This is a very lovely, feminine scent. The tuber note is what sets the jasmine apart from other fragrances with similar notes. However, the only issue that I have with this fragrance is the poor lasting power. Valentino fragrances are not famous for their lasting power. That being said, it is a lovely fragrance and it develops nicely on the skin (for the time that it lasts). Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing due to lasting power. 7/10

akia vida
akia vida

I love this scent. I was extremely lucky to get the set of 50ml edp plus 100ml body lotion for a steal: €34,95. The next day the shop changed the price to 60,- euro, I guess they realized they made a bit of a mistake (lucky for me, yeah).

This scent was yet another blind buy and to my surprise I love it. It is sweeter than I was expecting to like, let alone love.
On my skin I get a sweet bouquet of white flowers, a soft fresh soapiness and only a hint of a fruity sweetness which suits me just fine :)
On my skin I get sweet floral deliciousness & freshness.

Stacierew
Stacierew

Love this scent. I sneak a spray every time I am at the mall and pass through Neimans. It is sexy, yet soft and comfortable. Definitely has a warm, powdery dry down, but it isnt an "old perfume" powder smell. I think it will be perfect for fall. There is something embracing about it. It sits on the skin like a familar lover, if that makes sense. The bottle is beautiful, and may be part of the appeal.

sweet_love860
sweet_love860

In love this wonderful mix of perfumes Alfoaha suitable for most occasions

rita.m
rita.m

رائحة رووووووعة للمراة الجذابة والمثالية
ولكن لايدوم لمدة طويله فقط ساعتين او ساعة ونصف
شكرا للجهة المصنعة ودمتم بنجاح دائم

laantjebanaantje

I recently "rediscovered" Valentina. I had put it out of my mind, thinking it was nothing for me and moving on to more exciting scents.
During a recent holliday trip to Italy I visited a perfume shop in Alba and, trying different scents, I decided to give Valentina another shot.
It still wasn't exciting, but it IS pretty. And it represents everything I loved about that trip, about Italy.
Heavy sweet jasmine and orange blossom with tart jammy strawberries, velvety vanilla and just a hint of animalic truffles.
It's sweet, girly, clean and CAREFREE. It isn't pretentious, it doesn't try to impress. It's just having fun. And I like it.
It's Italy.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I truly love it! The only reason why I don't have it is the price. But I'll buy it as soon as possible! The bottle is very beautiful and the smell... Aah!

I was thinking... Is there only one flower on the 30ml bottle?

I really love Valentina, I really do, but I must say it is quite expensive! Today I looked at my bottles and saw Scarlett and thought, wait a minute, is this not a bit like Valentina? I sprayed it on and I must say, it really is!! Not saying exactly, but a true sister for sure!! I will be wearing Scarlett today, just to know a bit better the bottle I already had for so long..

JayDean
JayDean

Gorgeous scent... Too bad it doesn't last long!

Migalex
Migalex

To me it smells of mango, like Davidoff's Echo and F for fascinating, although none of them has got mango listed amongst the notes. They are all very similar, and still similar, although less, to CHIC, which to me is a bit more gourmand, although even nicer. Anyway, I find the scent delicious, really nice, and staying power, though not great, is not bad. The only thing is that it is quite weak and has very poor silage.

rabab02
rabab02

My husband gave me this perfume, that wonderful fragrance ,radiant and enchanting, I loved it so much it makes me feel like I'm a Princess, worth they try him.

noninoni
noninoni

Fabulous bottle but mainstream perfume

smellME
smellME

I really enjoyed the powdery topnote where I already could sense the strawberry, so far quite nice, but why did it suddenly turn spicy on me, cause there is no spice note listed. If the strawberry powder would have stayed,
I could have thought about it.....sorry but next, please !

maltatude
maltatude

This is quite pretty but becomes a mess on my skin. I prefer it on others.

The only note I could detect that appears to be right is a strawberry note or strawberry leaf, more specifically. I detected violet/iris and for some reason carnation and then something along the lines of vanilla but more custardy. Bizarre. And cedar with a hint of animalic, amber...

katemcq
katemcq

This is nothing special. Where "animalic" is listed above in the notes, I want to cross it out and write "marshmallow." The sweetness and fruitiness (mostly macerated strawberries) is quite synthetic, sadly.

If you want a successful fruity tropical, try Bvlgari's Omnia Coral.

Lovergabrielle
Lovergabrielle

When i saw the advertising I had to have it. The parfume is very young, very nice and a little bit flirty also.
It's not very sophisticated but i think it has its own personality. 7.5/10

aqua76239
aqua76239

Eh...I don't think its anything to write home about. To my nose, orange blossom really overpowers everything else here because I couldn't smell jasmine or strawberries(bummer). I did get the bottom notes of vanilla and amber. Its smells ok but I don't see anything different in Valentina that hasn't been done before. Lasting power is awful, I couldn't smell a thing after less than 30 minutes. I was wearing Vanilla Fields on my other hand and guess what lasted the longest? That's right, good ol'Vanilla Fields for under $20 a bottle. I don't understand what is up with fragrance makes nowdays and why don't they want to make longer lasting scents?
Verdict-nothing new to see, move along

xabaras
xabaras

A very fresh, crispy opening, which almost immediately becomes an explosion of flowers with a hint of sweetness. I can smell the vanilla in the base. It makes me feel clean and feminine. A well balanced fragrance, all the different notes work together for the final warm gourmand development. Sexy, but also playful. Different.

Sanne84
Sanne84

This one opens with strawberries, strawberries and did I mention strawberries? Very sweet yet classy and light.
Pretty soon I get the tuberose and jasmin, then a little bit of a woody smell (cedar?) and after about two hours (max) that's it, it's gone.
I think it's a very elegant and classy fragrance, which I enjoy while it lasts.

The bottle is very cute, the tv ad is entertaining en the fragrance enjoyable while it lasts.
Unfortunately, that isn't very long.

mjb28
mjb28

A very feminine scent that is conquering the perfume world. Of all perfumes of Valentino, this stands out from the rest. This is elegant and modern, with a nice classic touch. The fragrance smells just like a beautiful bouquet of white flowers, jasmine remains soft and lingering. The orange blossom and strawberries provide a sweet touch, the base of cedar and amber really comes after a longer period, it's just lovely. The top notes remain very long to smell something that is not always the case with perfumes. Valentina is a feminine scent, classic but not old-fashioned. Its scent remains quite a long time. Few sprays is real enough to enjoy all day. And the bottle is facinatingly outstanding. I can't hide myself, I'm inlove with it.

Berlynlo
Berlynlo

Just bought it today and realized that it smells like Britney Spear Comic Radiance. This one is more floral than Radiance. Agree that it's a common scent it I love it!

nattychins
nattychins

I fall in love with the bottle at first sight, and the scent was adorable. For me it's reminds me of Viva La Juicy, J'adore Dior.

rosecat
rosecat

Ok so sadly this is another non discript big floral with sour notes. Not unique, smells like a lot of other fragrances. This one gave me a headache unfortunately. The bottle is pretty though. It may well suit many other people who like that sour floral musky combos!

mussi
mussi

This fragrance seems really indefinable to me. Mixed florals, powdery, but overall very confusing and a little bland.
I was very intrigued by the beautiful bottle and of course the tv commercial. After seeing the bottle and the ad I had really high expectations and even though I am not that crazy about the scent, I still want it because of the bottle!

Aspendina
Aspendina

All I got was white floral, doesn't smell very young and I am finding Valentino's have no staying power. It was gone so fast.

cikcik
cikcik

Let's see... l have a tester and have just sprayed it on my wrist. Starts with begamot jam. l feel as if l am sitting in the garden, in the morning, among flowers, having breakfast. Smells gardenia, yes, a bit bitter... tuberose... Now it smells like oregon chai; you know, tea with milk, honey, and cinnamon. Or, like fried ice-cream; ice-cream covered with vanilla cake, fried, and served with honey and crispy walnuts. Hmmm... This shows that l get vanilla, honey, milk, cinnamon ( maybe fresh ginger ) aaand oh yes, honeysuckle! lt is warm and cool at the same time. Getting more spicy and woody in time, with truffles. A bit powdery. This is somewhere between Alien by TM and JPG Classique. Softer than both. Very romantic. Longevity and sillage: average.

laantjebanaantje

This is a wonderful perfume. Nothing for me, really, but lovely nonetheless.
It's very strange, because it hops from creamy to soapy and something in between. Never stopping, allways going back and forward. I really get the creamy vanilla and amber and the soapy bergamot and orange flower, but those are actually the only notes I can make out. Maybe some strawberry as well, but this fragrance is so well blended everything just flows into the rest. Which is a bit sad really, for I whish I could make out the white truffles, but that's probably due to my unexperienced nose.
The final stage of this perfume is the most gorgeous, fruity vanilla. It's just like vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries. Simply GLORIOUS.

To me this is not a very overpowering or sensual fragrance, it could be something one can wear every day. But it is VERY elegant. Fresh, but gentle, soft and creamy. I really like it, especially the fact that now I get a creamy scent and the next moment it's all fresh clean soapy scent. I even get a whiff of powder every now and then.

And the bottle is just magnificant! It's sooo elegant and beautiful. It matches the fragrance perfectly.

Though I do respect the beauty of this scent, it does not touch my heart (except for that final stage) , so I won't be buying this.

Juliana6

It's fresh, floral, sweet but nothing unique, recognizable and special. Could be nice for springtime and summer, but I won't buy, it's too ordinary and expensive. I would gladly receive it as a gift and wear it with pleasure.
But the bottle is wonderful, I wish the scent would be as unique and sophisticated as the bottle is.

poivrerose
poivrerose

It's a nice creamy soft soapy floral with a bit of a sour powdery bite.... and suddenly causing a string of sneezes! I'm getting an Amirage/Romance/Beautiful/Lovely vibe here. Tuberose, orange flower -and I know it isn't listed, but lily of the valley- nothing unique. And I'm having a very hard time picking out any strawberry at all. But if you like the scents I mentioned above - you might like to give it a try!

alanav09
alanav09

Just got a sample of this in vogue- OMGOODNESS its delectable! Perhaps I'll skip a refill of flower bomb and head for this ! It just smells SO GOOD. VERY high class gourmand. Unfortunately not for 100 degree weather so it'll have to wait for fall :/

Gekons
Gekons

I noticed this fragrance because of bottle..it's a piece of art! The second impression was the scent, floral, powdery. I bought it in few minutes. After wearing the perfume for few hours I feel a bit disappointed, I can't feel any scent on my skin.

nananessa
nananessa

'Just sniffed the sample in a magazine and OMG!!! IT SMELLS WONDERFUL!!! 'Seems like I am picking up a soft gardenia scent in the white flowers that is just heavenly. Then again, do I even know of an Oriental I don't like? 'Can't think of one...
Definitely marking this one for test!

nush imogen
nush imogen

More floral than fruity, quite subtle but has a lasting power, i like it, but have had many perfumes that smell just like this. The bottle is gorgeous though :)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells very very good, it smelt better the second time I tried it! Lush white floral!

Koukla190
Koukla190

one word: divine! ultra ultra feminine and sophisticated, a must have : )

nkoolay

I bought this fragrance this morning and fell sadly in love with it. I love how it blends with my skin. It's classy

mquintanilla
mquintanilla

I just bought it in Palacio de Hierro, I liked a lot....
I can smell very much the jazmin at the beguinin, but this is just 5 minutes... after that I can smell the vanilla, strawberry, sweet smell... amber....
It stays in me like 4 o 5 hours.... not all day... I like it anyway...

Juma
Juma

Beautiful modern one, not oriental floral, but fruity gourmand. Strawberry and jasmine I smell the most, I don't really know the smell of tuber, so I can't say ;), if it's there.
Altough it's lovely, I miss a stronger prominent note, some character- I don't know, maybe I'm expecting more that I can get from nowadays issues.
I have a smaller decant and I'm grateful to Nathalie Z to share this experience with me.

jventura489

The scent is ok, but i don't think it's worth the money, it's not my fav but might wear this occasionally, I'll stick with the sample...

jventura489

I tried a sample of this and it reminded me of a cross between Very Hollywood and Flowerbomb mixed together, I kind of like it, it's a very flowery spring scent and I'm curious to see how it morphs over time.

Cams
Cams

This is lovely. I initially allowed myself to be swayed by certain other fragrance blogs where the fragrance reviewer makes you feel that their opinion is the only one that matters ( and they were not impressed with this fragrance). This is definately worth trying and is soft, fun, refined and very well made. Try with an open mind.

dannysmom
dannysmom

My perception of this perfume has changed. I received a sample from Nordstroms and I tried it out last week. At that time, all I got were white florals. I am a sweet/gourmand lover, and the perfume just wasn't something I had any interest in.

I woke up today and decided, what the hell... I'll give it another shot (mainly because I like the bottle). Not sure if it's the weather, or my hormones, but I love it! Today, it seems much sweeter and creamier. I barely detect any white florals, and I can almost call it a floral/fruity gourmand. It's now on my want list, and I will give the sample another shot later in the week. I'm glad I decided to try it again.

Gorgeous, 'old school'-thick floral, creamy fruity AND animalic! I would say a GREAT modern 'classic'. I really hope this starts a new trend among those light floral perfumes and they stop making those superlight ones and continue to make these thick ones!
LOVELY!!

michelle779
michelle779

Powdery, floraly, strong, warm & sophisticated is how I would describe this. I tried a sample of this & it was very overpowering on me for quite awhile. More suitable for the evening instead of the daytime.

MISStella
MISStella

nice floral smell not memorable ,beautiful bottle though.. i would use if i get as a gift but i will not buy it ..

jonr951
jonr951

Valentina is DELICIOUS! VERY refreshing! I REALLY want a bottle! The bottle is SO beautiful! It's definitely one of my favorite fruity florals. I have to have it! : )

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Soft, feminine powdery, cozy, delicate and sophisticated are some of the adjective that come to mind when I first smelled this perfume from a magazine insert. Enough to tempt me to go and try it at the store. I quite like the scent and will like to try it in my skin at the first opportunity I have. It is not an strikingly original scent but worth a try! as I'm smelling this I reminds me of another perfume but I can't exactly say what right now! Will report back later!

paulie86
paulie86

A sales woman sprayed this on me yesterday at Bergdorfs when I was out shopping and it is absolutely divine! lol it just smells extremely delicious it's gourmand to my nose but not in a kiddy foody cupcake way its very elegant it's well blended and I can tell it's made with the highest quality ingredients if I end up landing my high end job I was telling my best friend this is going to be my power woman fragrance lol.

I just looked at the notes. What exactly is a tuber? It sounds positively repulsive.

Luckily the perfume is not repulsive, but it's nothing to get excited over either. It's a warm floral, dominated by white flowers. I can only describe the fragrance as modest, simplistic, mundane. After spending the past couple of days sampling Guerlains and wearing Shalimar Parfum Initial, Valentina just doesn't stand out in any way. What a waste of a glorious bottle. Valentino should stick to frocks and leave perfume to the experts.

Ath this moment one of my favorite wants of the modern releases!
LOVELY!

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Really disappointed as I think the fragrance is beautiful! But for me, it just doesn't stay and considering how expensive it is I'd say that's a pretty important factor. Although people did say I smelled nice, and I received a few compliments in the short time I wore it,(ran out quickly as I had to re-apply countless times due to poor longevity) many would say 'You smell nice, is that Britney Spears?' Ultimate put-off. Not to mention when I went home to visit my parents at Christmas, after spraying my father said 'Ugh, smells like chemicals up here, how much hairspray are you wearing?'. Nope not hairspray, just Valentina. So upset because I thought it was so beautiful! However the relationship between valentina and I was very short lived. Will not buy again :(

airubgirl
airubgirl

Both my daughter and I tried this after receiving samples. We both loved it on the blotter but neither of us liked it at all on our skin.

It opens with a a lot of bergamot that fades into a synthetic strawberry and indistinct floral heart. On both of us it then turns into a cedar base that again comes across as a cheap immitation fragrance. We were both very sad about how it turned on us, because quite honestly, it was beautiful on paper and also on my sleeve where it landed as well. I guess neither of our chemistry did justice to this fragrance. Sillage was respectable, you could smell it without bringing your nose to your arm, but not so overwhelming as to offend others. I'm not sure about lasting power as both she and I scrubbed it of our wrists. If it works with your chemistry I bet it is a lovely scent.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Really enjoyed this one and I think I'll be purchasing this one. This smells like the mother to SJPNYC, Beyonce Heat Rush and Taj Sunset by Escada. It has a refined Strawberry note at the top but there's a hint of jasmine in it that I really like. You can't really smell the vanilla. Very Nice. I wish I could test the body lotion

Oh, and the bottle is BEAUTIFUL and it sprays BEAUTIFULLY! Like a magical mist! I think I will be getting this one. I liked this and the new Roberto Cavali but I didn't get a sample of Roberto's

LilyYu
LilyYu

It reminds me something between Miss Dior Cherie and Nina Ricci Nina:). But I like it!

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

i totally agree that valentina resembles to nina l elixir, but it s more powdery, less sweet i think and not that fruity. jasmine is definitely there yet not overwhelming. it s nice balanced and the dry down sophisticated and elegant. i already bought it

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

something about this perfume reminds me of light blue. I think it's that fresh, clean clothes type of smell.

beatrix75
beatrix75

I was today in mall and i testet the fragrance !!what i can say every time when i decide to i stay with one like the miracle fron lancome or the lacoste femme ,i get something new like today the valentina frag and all my desitions gon!how much i like valentina its so elegant so much beter then the million but they have something in comon so frech so not sweet so everithing .she start with soft beauthiful jasmin,wild strawberry and vanille with african orange,then some juice -lime and something als,the last feeling its amber and tuber.All together being a very sensuall sexy smell !!!!Like a lot 10/10

ION
ION

"Valentina" only smells like the girl in her photo after the well constructed opening has ended.
Before that, she's another girl! :)
This, however, is a review about the fragrance (not the poster) and it is amazing how easily I can always tell when a feminine perfume has been created by a man (two men in this case?) or a woman.
The smell is nothing new, pleasant first time you sniff it, "deja vu" the second one, physically annoying the third. (One should wait 2 minutes and only then, start for a new round)
The only interesting thing about "Valentina" in the end, is how the selection of the "chestnut brown" colour for the bottle flowers and packaging has managed to save the flowers, the bottle and the perfume itself, from unbearable banality.
Now, was it a woman who decided about it?

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Sugar coated kisses on strawberry glossed lips,that`s
what comes to mind.The candied fruity smell over
powers any floral note,with the slightest hint of
bergamot,this adds a little edge.Overall I like it,
it`s fun,playful,and young. A softer, more refined
Viva la Juicy.An extra bonus,the bottle is amazing!

Sweet_Violet
Sweet_Violet

It's such an eye-catching bottle! But unfortunately I don't find the inside so gorgeously made :( Anyway, I've just got a tiny sample of this perfume. It's floral, woody (I haven't found the fruity notes yet) and really soft; that's the problem for me, perhaps it's too soft on my skin and all I can feel after a while is watery flower-like scent, but nothing expected from the great Valentino house.

m4
m4

I tried it because I have seen nice bottle. Top notes are strong but nice. Then after 10 minutes it goes to the yummy chewing gum smell and I was like I want it. But unfortunately the base notes are too strong on my skin and so animalic. I can recommend it. Great longevity.

3ood
3ood

I have to admit that the bottle was what grabbed my attention and the smell is an elegant fresh scent not soapy or too floral .it is the perfect balance of florals and bergamot .

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This week I went to the mall,and when I got in the perfume store to test some fragrances I saw valentina, and I thought why not?!I sprayed in my wirst,and WOW I love this stuff.. It smells weird, I mean the top note I smelled was the TUBER I think, kind of earth,but I love it anyway, besides that!! Not to mention the cute bottle, OMG this is deffinelly going straight away to my Collection.. Girls give it a chance and try this, for me it´s a MUST HAVE..

khaki
khaki

not a freshly girly smell. the white flower notes seems a bit too irritative to me. even the strawberry doesn't mean to be simple sweet.
i just don't like it and give it away to my friend.

ewelka
ewelka

Firstly I have to agree flacon is so gorgeous and elegant. You just have to have it and thats it. Very nice and lovely floral perfume which last whole day. I will be buying it again.

Athens
Athens

Such an adorable bottle and very sweet! Actually I sense more the tuber,jasmine and a little of bergamot notes. Personally,I like the bottle more than the perfume,it's definitely a piece of art!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Elegant, light, sweet, soft, floral fragrance!
Valentina opens with a sharp but soft combination of white flowers. I barely detect any wild strawberry on my skin. There is something in this that bothers me though, I think it might be the tuber which you can smell quite strongly upon initial spray.
It is a young scent but remains ‘mature’ at the same time.
Valentina is a fragrance that can be worn for every occasion, in every day of the year.
This is not a sillage bomb as Valentina stays fairly close to the skin. And unfortunately the longevity is quite poor.
The scent is inoffensive, pleasant, wearable and pretty, but unfortunately in a generic way.
I have more love for the bottle than I do for the scent.
The bottle is very beautiful and would look nice on anyone’s vanity/dressing table.

jinjun
jinjun

I agree with people saying the bottle is really nice. The scent though is really sweet and sour at the same time. I don't like this combination. It reminds me of sugared sour strawberry candies.

To me it's very close to M by Mariah Carey

P.s Sorry,my English very bad,because
i am from Ukraine.))

Moflis
Moflis

It reminds me so much of Viva La Juicy of Juicy Couture, but I kind like it!
Unfortunately the advertisement and the bottle (in my opinion) don't have nothing to see with the real spirit of this fragrance, which is not so classy and elegant as the advertisement shows.

barbie1981
barbie1981

cute flacon,kind of sweet sweet sweet,if u like sweet sweet sweet jump 4 it :)

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

I love this perfume its remind me of my dear aunt. when I was little,I used to spray a perfume from her collection that smelled exactly the same. may her soul rest in peace <3

virga
virga

On paper Valentina smelled quite nice, I could detect tuber, white flowers and strawberries. But on my skin nice girl Valentina turned into a spoiled teenager, who likes high street fashion, innocent parties and always talks to loud. After a few hours it became so irritating that I washed it off. Not bad, not good either. Suitable for teenagers.

Bedbug
Bedbug

This is one of my favourite perfumes.

It's a very pretty scent- very soft, delicate and floral. It's almost powdery in a glorious, feminine manner.

The top notes are just divine. It sits very close to the skin, I found, and unfortunately it doesn't last too well. A huge shame as it smells so lovely on me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I was so excited to try this. Firstly the bottle really is very lovely. The fragrance itself it very pretty too. But unfortunately in a generic way. Soft fruity flowers, nothing distinct. It was nice and feminine and would be nice enough to purchase as an everyday scent, if the price was more reasonable, but it's staying power is so shockingly poor that I would not buy it, even if it was inexpensive. Completely gone in two hours. I was expecting more.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

Pleasant moderately sweet light perfume. And that is all. My nose refuses to make any other conclusions.
May be a nice gift for someone's daughter.

pollen
pollen

smells so so so cheap and familiar that is quite awkward

passionata20
passionata20

At the counter this one was displayed next to Britney Spears´s "cosmic radiance" among new releases. I have tested "Cosmic radiance" already before some other day so when i have tried "Valentina" i just couldn´t get rid of the impression that it is almost identical to the cheaper "Cosmic radiance". So i tried also "CR" on my other wrist and indeed they share a lot of similarities in the drydown. The opening is different.
Back to Valentina. Somehow to me this is kind of dusty smell of white flowers. Creamy and dusty. I don´t smell any strawberries i the openinf, they appear later along with tuberose in the middle notes and drydown. I get a lot of musk from this perfume. But somehow it fails to impress me very much. Nice bottle -yes, but the scent itself is nothing extraordinary. To me still the best Valentino was "Vendetta" and i also liked "Valentino Gold". This perfume just like the advertisment in grey colours lacks somekind of personality and i see it indeed in grey colour. Opening features musk with flower bouquet that has been already in the vase for couple of days, then a bit of tuberose is there somewhere again with musk and drydown is mostly vanilla with very much faded flower notes. Sillage is good and lasting power is also quite good. Will buy a bottle of this perfume, but mostly because of the bottle itself. I know it is not the same, but somehow it reminds me of Cacharel "Lou Lou" (vintage, not the recent edition). That msuly vanilla must be what reminds me of "Lou Lou".

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

nice bottle, cheap sweet smell

Vanian
Vanian

Tried it today. Beautiful bottle. The fragrance smeled familiar to me, but couldn't remember on which exactly perfume. Unfortunately it does not last long on my wrist. A bit dissapointed, as wanted a new fragrance for me.

FetishVogue
FetishVogue

First of all, my name is Valentina, so I really really tried to like this perfume. I can not say that I absolutely don't, but it definitely seems impersonal and common. Pity really ... with this beautiful bottle ...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A very simple and light perfume, this smells almost pear-like on my skin. Low sillage but good longevity.

mara_g
mara_g

This perfume is bubblegum in a bottle. Yep, that's it, nothing more to ad to this review. To bad they used such a lovely bottle for such not interesting scent.

Kione
Kione

BEAUTIFUL bottle! And I didn't used to have any interest in bottles, but I might change my mind...

The scent, I sprayed it on a paper strip and couldn't smell it at all maybe some distant watery eau de toilette. Very dissapointed.

Because I like Valentino and this bottle I will try again on my skin and edit this post.

fenia
fenia

at fisrt sniff it was pure excitement!flowery, warm and sweet, i thought i had found THE perfume!and then, in less than two hours it became flat and uninterestin.such a disspointment!

sublime*
sublime*

judging from the ingredients i thought i'd love this one. Although when i first sprayed this on paper it didn't...AMAZE me like i thought it would. Its not unique...i am sorry i had great expectations for that one.BUT if it was half the price i wouldn't mind wearing it. for its price range its too common

renneyg007

I have this is on at the moment. For the past hour, all ive done is sit and smell myself lol. This perfume is just lush. Its quite strong (which i like), flowery, slightly sweet, opens cold and closes warm. The bottle is divine. For me its ever so slightly reminiscent of Valentino V but i cant work out which note it is that is common. To be fair i dont care, im just going to sit here and keep smelling it:)

antonpan
antonpan

What is Valentina? It conveys the mood of orange blossoms from Cacharel Scarlett (or even from Elie Saab Le parfum) that meet warm strawberries from Carla Fracci Medea (and Miss Dior Cherie). The dominant accord here is orange flowers mixed with jasmine, but this composition is softened and sweetened by a drop of strawberries. I do not feel here anything that could be considered to be "white truffles". The fragrance is not as loud as some other "orange blossom + white flowers" scents, though it can't be named powdery or sweet. The perfume perfectly suits ladies of all ages, but I wish it were more tender and delicate.

To tell the truth I hoped for something more innovative from these perfumers and from the Valentino's comeback to the fragrance industry.

Henriette
Henriette

When the packaging is so smart I am always suspicious. After all Chanel n°5, Fracas, ... do not have a smart bottle because what's important is what they contain.
This did not impress me at all. From Valentino I would like something meaning elegance, class, style, not just banal conformism. The scent opens up with flowers and dries down to being powdery. Based on this you could guess it's fine and resembles - say - Arpege. It's totally different: the opening flowers are so strong that could make you dizzy. On my skin they turn very sour and sourness is the last thing I would want in a scent. Maybe for teenagers, I would not recommend this for a lady.

querelle
querelle

I'm impressed with Freja.. Such a beautiful woman, striking beauty and her smile is so inviting.. And to be honest, Valentina is a nice perfume but just that. And it doesn't suit her. A woman like Freja needs a perfume which can keep up with that beauty of hers and underline it.

Martika
Martika

Cute scent and gorgeous bottle. Smells like many other mainstream perfumes, in the vein of the Escada's seasonal collections. Too expensive for that!

On paper I thought this could be a nice soft and powdery floral. On my skin it turned into a stinging sweet drugstore kind of scent. My friend didn't approve either. Also the staying power was not great.

Solvita
Solvita

Nice scent of white flowers.Very floral

ladymillion123456789

when does this come out in Australia?

LOVE THE BOTTLE ITS GORGEOUS SO PRETTY AND VERY ELEGANT !!!!!

Wundt
Wundt

I tried it yerterday. Too sweet for me. Reminds me another parfum but... don't remember which (perhaps Armani Code). It's soft and fruity. I expeted something better after reading comments in different mass media.

Demoiselle
Demoiselle

Enjoyable, not rebellious really but a little bit different. I found the bottle to be pretty but I agree that the picture of it is much better. To me, most 'floral-fruity' fragrances are usually fruity morphing into a faint rose or white flower scent on the drydown - but never both floral and fruity at the same time. Somehow, this scent pulls that off; my initial impression was of white flowers and a berry chord - the strawberry I guess. But there is a depth to it that I suspect is from either the tuber or bergamot that would stop me from labeling it as 'young'. Fresh and floral yes, but not necessarily young. Quite chic but I find it odd that Valentino are launching such a light (ye be warned! - little lasting power) scent in autumn.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I got a sample of this lovely botlle. The first spray is about wild strawberry and then soon after the opening comes the tuberoos. You notice a little bit of the truffel but that fades quickly. In the base it setlles with the ceder and i do not get the vanilla. Its a nice perfume it reminds me a tiny bit of Jean Paul Gaultiers Fragile only Valentina is fresher.
I like it.

delphine67
delphine67

After I spayt this one I smelled lots of strawberrys. sugary sweet.Then the tuberose comes around the corner.
It settles in a sweet floral fruity scent. not at all oriental in my opinion. Nice scent but for me it has no WOW factor

melia
melia

I agree with TankGirl! From the initial spray it really does remind me of this posh-chic(-arrogant) kind of schoolgirl. A bit Gossip-Girl-ish. It's sweet and floral, quite easy to wear and definitely pointed to the young crowd.
To me the bottle in the shop (guess it was a 80 ml) was not so comfortable to hold.. I couldn't hold the bottle at the middle and spritz it with my 'point finger' (second one) - the spritzer was just to high/long.
So I'm not wowed, but it is pleasant and I think a lot of women will fall for the pretty (unusefull) bottle and 'mainstreamness' of the smell.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I guess I'm going to be the first person to review Valentina! Urray!!!! Yeah Portugal is in a massive economical crisis but we already have the latest perfumes...well well (facepalm).
Valentina is what i call a "nhe" perfume, and to express this "nhe" I have to tell you to imagine Roger from American Dad saying it with that stupid face.
The bottle is very very pretty, the atomizer is so beautifull and delicate, and when I saw the bottle in the store it was like "yes yes yes yeeesss!" but then I smelled it and it was (again) "nhe".
I hate the advert so mutch, and althoug I understand the model is "very good" and blahblahblah to me Freja (its the models name, she's quite popular now) always represented those pos-The L' Word kind of lesbians, not that I despise lesbians because I dont, but Valentina is certainly not a perfume for a lesbian.
Actually this perfume is perfect for a super straight, super perfect, super blond, pearl necklace chuch girl.
At least is what I imagine when I smell this.
Valentina is another "intruducing" fragrances for those huber material teens. Like Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior Cherie.
Valentina is happy, sweet, a little bit soapy and well a nice perfume that you can were in every occasion, in every day of the year and blablabla.
It doesnt have mutch to say about it: it smells like orange flower and tuberose, just like the perfume I reviewed before (Elie Saab) although Saab's has that Alien jasmin.
Valentina is just nice, well this is a terrible review I'm going to shut up.
Resume: Sweet, floral, pink, peals, it smelle like a thousand tuberoses/orange flowers in the market and has a great bottle.
Done.

5.5/10

ParlaTino
ParlaTino

The bottle looks very elegant, lovely and classic. My name is Valentina, so I'm very much looking forward to it!

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

How can people rate the perfume when it hasn't been released yet?

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

As dmaw says, bottle is very beautiful - will wait till I see what flowers and fruits are in it before I decide to test. Doesn't seem much point in talking about a perfume if we don't know what the notes are? Also will it make it to Australia - so many of the ones from Italy don't.

dmaw
dmaw

Many creative bottles being designed lately.
If you end up not liking the scent, then you still have a piece of art for your dressertop.

Valentina by Valentino 3.86 out of 5 based on 1255 ratings and 243 user reviews

VALENTINO VALENTINA for WOMEN by Valentino EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VALENTINO VALENTINA for WOMEN by Valentino EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Valentino New Perfume by Valentino, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Valentino New Perfume by Valentino, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
VALENTINO VALENTINA for WOMEN by Valentino SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ
75.50 GBP
Valentino 'Valentina' Eau de Parfum
Valentino 'Valentina' Eau de Parfum
Valentino 'Valentina' Eau de Parfum 2.7 oz
Valentino 'Valentina' Eau de Parfum 2.7 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Valentina fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Valentino Valentina, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Valentina by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Valentina by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.