Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Valentino Donna Valentino for women
dislike

leather
Valentino Donna Valentino for women Videos
Valentino Donna Valentino for women Pictures Valentino Donna Valentino for women Pictures Valentino Donna Valentino for women Pictures Valentino Donna Valentino for women Pictures

After the Valentino Uomo fragrance from 2014, Valentino presents its feminine version Valentino Donna, that comes out in the fall of 2015. The fragrance is announced as a smooth chypre - floral. It contains accords of Italian bergamot, Bulgarian rose, iris absolute, patchouli, leather and vanilla.

It is available as Eau de Parfum in a bottle design that reminds of the masculine version (studded heavy glass), only in pink color. Valentino Donna was created by Sonia Constant and Antoine Maisondieu.

Bergamot

Bulgarian Rose iris

Patchouli Leather Vanilla

Valentino Donna Fragrance Reviews

pauroj
pauroj

LOVE the bottle is by far the best i have seen if this bottle had alaia's juice it would be my dream scent !!!

is a dusty rose not sweet at all is ok nothing to write home about is a nice rose just not memorable enough

Serena Asaduryan
Serena Asaduryan

Same fragrance with ''Lancome - La vie est belle''.

missguided23
missguided23

Tested this one today. I totally agree with the review 'jessrogue'. The top notes don't last long...the drydown is exactly like Rihanna Rogue...just softer. I love Rogue.. compared to the price of Donna, Rogue is not only stunning but super affordable.

DBF85
DBF85

Looking for a Sweet scent to add to your sweet scent collection?

Valentino Donna is the answer.

Nothing original and reminds me of Lancome's La Vie Est Belle.

kl99
kl99

Armani Sì + Dior Homme = Valentino Donna

CatWalk
CatWalk

I got attracted to this fragrance because of it's cool "edgy" bottle. I thought, dang, that's gonna look great on my vanity.

I sprayed it on my wrist and the opening was just roses and sweet, basically nothing new. As soon as it started to develop, it transformed into this gorgeous sweet/ musky/ woodsy scent plus something dirty that I have no idea what it is. Just sweet and dirty!

If this fragrance was a person it would be that cute secretary who has been working with you for a while and she always walks into the office wearing a black Burberry Trench coat. As soon as you are alone with her, she locks the door and open her trench coat revealing her black matching set of Agent Provocateur lingerie. So sweet but so naughty!

Now I can totally get why the liquid is pink and the bottle is studded.

Naughty/ Sweet/ Rosey/ edgy / dirty.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I smelled this at a Duty Free at the Airport in Montevideo, and the first thing I smelled was the Iris, it reminded me of Shalimar Initial. I smelled other 10 fragrances that day haha I just love going into freeshops at the airport, so much fun!

lulami

This perfume is growing so much on me day by day. It's so unusual from the others but at the same time it has something that reminds me of 90-2000s perfumes. Everytime I smell it my childhood comes to my mind and all the sweet memories of a time which is gone and which I'm afraid it's never going to get repeated. It's a scent that ''hooks'' me in the past. It's the perfect combination of a subtle rose, sweet vanilla and leather. Oh the LEATHER note is out of this world. It's like entering in the bedroom of a high society lady and feel the oak made floor and the peonies on her dressing table.I have a few samples that I religiously conserve and rarely use because I don't want to run out of them. Well not until I buy a 100 ml bottle and then I can spray it all over and feel its magic. This is the epitome of a classy, chic,elegant, confident young woman .
I have smelled a few other Valentino fragrances, but I believe this one is the BEST of him so far and one of the best in the current industry. I can tell it has a pronounced Italian vibe and style, which I love. I can depict any young girl wearing this perfume during autumn/winter time, wrapped in a soft scarf, walking past the shops on the stone or marble paved streets of an old city in Italy. Actually I myself live in one those cities and con't wait to have that feeling.
This perfume shows the best of it during cold weather and it's more appropriate for autumn/winter time. I'm already saving money so I could be able to have this gem as soon as possible. Maybe for Christmas time.....

Edit : Wow, I'm seriously impressed by the longevity and sillage of this perfume. I applied a little of it on my wrist today at Douglas and I can still smell it intensively all the way through after more than 5 hours later. It's so addicting - the perfume doesn't develop a lot from the moment you spray it but it sticks on your skin for an extremely long time and I can't stop smelling my wrist. Such a beautiful feminine scent. It goes perfectly with autumn/winter time.

Eicher
Eicher

I would suggest to try it before purchasing. Many reviews are comparing Donna to LVEB or Armani Si. On me, Donna is indeed a chypre oriented frag. as stated on the intro above. It's all leather, iris and patchouli. Not sweet at all. Not heavy but well noticeable chypre scent.

FabulouslyLazy

Valentino Donna is far better during the cold season. I'm wearing another sample today, and it sorta smells like La Vie Est Belle without the praline note which I find so oppressive. I don't get much leather, but right now I'm surrounded by an incredible aura of iris, vanilla and patchouli. Positively impressed, but I'm still waiting for an intense version.

Eyviab
Eyviab

I received a sample of this today and I'm so grateful I got to smell it before purchasing a full bottle since I do have most of the perfumes it resembles or they resemble it lol either way it's right up my alley yummy goodness but I can't justify adding it to my collection as it's really really similar to Lola by MJ, Always Red by EA, Signorina by SF, and as stated by other review like Sí and La Vie est Belle! All which I own either a full bottle or a sample etc...

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Donna is a well balanced sweet scent, it reminds me of princesses' series, classy! And the hair mist is the best !

lisa.Benesch
lisa.Benesch

This is a very heavy and sweet perfume. It smells like a mix of Armani Si and Lancome La Vie Est Belle. If you like any of those, you will like this.

Ariana.b
Ariana.b

I love when I find so beautiful perfumes in gorgeous bottles. Valentino Donna is definitely a modern fragrance, having a lot of similarities with La Vie Est Belle and other gourmand releases. But Valentino went further with this perfume, adding the iris and leather notes which transformed what could be another simple copy of that well known fragrances into a beautiful, elegant and sophisticated perfume. These two notes which are very dominant in the beginning remind me of that old make-up smell, the smell that can be found in many L'oreal lipsticks. I am so happy to say that I discover the perfume that has everything I want from: sweetness, elegancy, powdery notes, decent longevity and sillage.

douxetepice
douxetepice

This is not normally my type of perfume, as I prefer warm, balsamic notes. However, this scent has charmed its way to my top shelf. It starts out very sweet and fresh, with a burst of bergamot, mixed with tart candies, and rose. The scent gradually melts down into a softly sweet, powdery rose-vanilla scent on my skin. Initially, I thought Donna smelled a bit young, but the dry down is extremely elegant, with a hint of leather weaving its way through.

Soft sillage and somewhat moderate longevity, but Donna lasts all day on clothing. When I move, I get whiffs of its sweet patchouli, rose and vanilla, a combination that I love. People constantly comment on how beautiful it smells when they walk into my office, and my husband, who pays little attention to perfume, really loves this. I see "charming" frequently used to describe Donna, and I feel this word embodies the fragrance perfectly. A truly charming and intimate perfume, definitely suitable for snuggling.

labellavienna
labellavienna

This fragrance by Valentino reminds me so much of Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier, except that Donna has no spice notes (its starkness derives from the patchouli) and smells like a combination of expensive lipstick and cosmetic powder. In fact, this perfume smells exactly like my makeup bag; the rose and iris make for such an amazing composition, I can smell a hint of leather which carries this fragrance into something sensual and womanly.

I remember I was at Bloomingdale’s testing hundreds of fragrances before encountering Donna, I sniffed everything from Chanel to Prada to Burberry…but the moment I sprayed this on my wrist, I knew it was love. The floral here is timid and elegant, not something booming or sugary; it has a softer presence that doesn’t demand your attention…but piques your curiosity. Its powdery composition is overindulgent but never tiresome, just waves of floral virtuousness…that keeps you begging for more.

This is the essence of modest femininity and subdued sensuality in a bottle, and it is sure to stay on your mind all day long.

Vienna.Pink

jessrogue
jessrogue

I like this scent. It's basically a tame Rihanna's Rogue with the suede notes toned down. So, if you find the leathery-ness of Rogue too strong, this would be a good alternative.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

Valentino Donna was a blind buy based purely on the notes. First spray and I thought I'll have to return it, a very powdery plastic scent emerged. After few minutes it calmed down and that bothering note disappeared leaving behind sweet juicy roses, patchouli and leather. It is so elegant, I love it!

Van der Sar
Van der Sar

I wear one day Nina Ricci - L'extase, and the next day - Donna, there's no difference between for me. Sweet and usual. Nothing to say about them, but bottles of both of them are very good.
UPD after month - Rose sounds louder in L'extase than in Donna.

tabitha106
tabitha106

On this steamy summer day, I've experienced the beauty of Valentino's "Donna". After work, errands and home I've appreciated this rich but yet very feminine fragrance. The rose and iris here are very balanced with the patchouli, and when blended with the leather it's just delicious! Bergamot adds a citrusy blend, but is a little odd that it's all alone in the top notes. On me the citrus notes in the bergamot are appearing in the dry down. But the leather is almost like musk in this scent keeping things soft and lovely. Nice fragrance for those who like to leave a beautiful impression that lingers on the skin.

beatrix75
beatrix75

For me it is the smell of Angels rose Irish and leather this combo its to die for !!! Soft but long long lasting very beautiful scent 10/10

rihabi
rihabi

Not impressed, or at least I'm not used to such kinds of fragrances. Where there's a rose, it's almost 100% a wack stuff. Such perfumes make me feel old, or at least are made for the mature and grown up women. I don't like that kind of smells. The rose is too strong here from the very beginning, that I can't wait to feel the vanilla or the powdery notes...

FabulouslyLazy

The scent is not as impressive as the bottle. It's funny because when my mother used her sample, leather was the dominant note - on me instead, it's all about vanilla with a slight hint of patchouli and iris. It's okay, not bad, but could be much better. Most likely this is not a summer perfume...and I want more iris! Hopefully there will be an intense version like with Valentino Uomo.

A La Angel
A La Angel

If there ever was a fragrance you should wear to a court date, this is the one.

It really just smells like being well-dressed, well-coiffed, impeccably made-up, and ready to act your ass off.

Skirt suit, hair in a chignon, impeccably understated makeup, an alibi and Donna. You'll probably get off.

raiza1990
raiza1990

Feminine, elegant and soft. The rose here is timeless instead of being that grandma rose we find in way too many perfumes.Not that Valentino Donna is particulary young, an old lady could wear it without problem, it is just that it does not smells dated.
It is a nice perfume for when you want to smell like a polished french lady.

olga.cassar
olga.cassar

Try Valentino Donna during the hot summer days, you will be surprised :) It has this clean, powdery and luminous feel to it (probably thanks to iris) that leaves you feeling cool and fresh. There's absolutely no candyish-sweetness about it. It is a charming, sophisticated and very feminine scent that stays close to your skin, but accidental spray on your clothes remains there for a whole day.

lulami

I don't know why but this perfume as soon as I smelled it, it reminded me of the first lyrics of a lovely song that goes like this:
Some day when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I will feel glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight......
Yes, The way you look tonight, one of the most beautiful and romantic songs ever sung and dedicated to a woman, and of course one of my favourites. It was the first time I smelled it and if I had to pick some adjectives to describe it then those would be feminine, innocent, delicate, pure. I've never smelled something like this before and I was regretting what I had been missing. I can imagine a young girl getting married wearing this, while the white dress caresses her body and this balsamic rose scent fills the air where she is walking. I find it a scent that lifts my heart up, makes me feel happy and confident and surtout adorable in a very girlish and innocent way. The name says Donna- Woman but I don't think that is that mature or deep to represent a business woman for example while she's at work but when she turns to her home; to her shelter where she can be totally herself, she can wear this to return to innocence and relax. It's not that deep and sophisticated scent, still wearable by all women of all ages, but I find it particularly suited for younger women/ girls. I would name it a transition scent - not that mature for a real woman out in the world - not that girlish for a girl at home, that's why I think it could solemnelly represent a girl getting married because she's transitioning into a new life and needs a powerful yet subtle and sweet perfume to mark the transition. Yet, I could depict a garden full of roses and other flowers and plants and green grass somewhere in the European Mediterranean during a spring morning when the roses are still wet from the cold temperature of the night and they are as fresh as ever. Last but not least, I could not but mention the heavy crystal bottle with all the forms in it and the pink Eau. Just adorable. And by the way I feel like I finally found the family notes that best stick to my skin that seems to absorb any scent within 5 minutes, the balsamic-rose ones that my skin tends to project in a lovely way and at least makes them last .

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

Rose and smarties candies. Not near enough patch or leather. Smells like a little girls fragrance. Definitely not for me and not worth the hefty price tag.

Summer.ladon.smith
Summer.ladon.smith

This perfume is nice, but I would not consiter it something special or unique. like I had excepted. It's starts with a sugarer bergamot burst, that settled into a extremely sweet, face powder & lipstick sent. The Iris and rose is detectable, with a hint of patchouli and lots of vanilla. The leather note is there but very weak. Dose not carry the maturity I had hope for. This perfume would suit a very feminine girl in her teens or twenties. Also I have to say the bottle is lovely, the studed glass with gold toned hardware is so me. But it would have made more sense for the Rock N Rose line.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I so wish this launched in 2012 when I got married because I would have chosen this as my wedding day scent! (I chose Bvlgari Rose Essentielle instead)
This is a perfectly sweet gourmand rose and iris scent that is classical smelling with a touch of contemporary gourmand to it.It immediately reminded me of Jessica McClintock Silk Ribbons (discontinued) and salvatore ferragamo Signorina, but this one is more mature.

It makes me think of a wedding where there is a blush colored bridal gown of tulle or taffeta. She is perfectly coiffed and expresses a bit of vintage charm with her classic hair, makeup and accessories.
The reception venue is an old museum with gorgeous interior architecture and an elegant dessert is served of italian pastries, raspberry lemon wedding cake with buttercream icing and glasses of the finest champagne.

EDIT: Walked into the room I sprayed this in 6 hours ago and the faintest hint of it lingered in the air but smelled like a lighter Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

polkadot27

It has just arrived and it is currently my favourite, so soft dusky and powdery. This perfume is reserved and demure. It has a classic vintage smell to it. This fragrance does not suit loud outgoing women, it is more suited to a shy, secretive reserved woman. The iris is very heavy in this on first spritz but after 10 minutes it settles and iris and rose take a back seat, burried behind thick creamy vanilla coated leather.

The projection and Longevity are very poor. But it is so beautiful soft classical and unique, it is very composed and softly charming, I just couldn't resist. I am weak for this!

scent= 7.5/10
Bottle=10/10
Longevity=5/10
Projection=4/10

a.iioana
a.iioana

This smells like Signorina, but less milky and spicy and more powdery, which makes it a bit more mature. Though they are very similar, I prefer Signorina for its panacotta note, which makes it warmer and more gourmadish. Still, this bottle makes me want to take my Signorina off the shelf and replace it with this one!
Nevertheless, they are both beautiful, feminine fragrances.

polkadot27

It is beautiful and I have just ordered it, I reviewed it before saying it was lovely but generic. I don't know what I was thinking there is something in this scent that is different to anything I have ever identified before. There is something about the base that is very different to me. It is a skin scent and is crazily expensive, but I couldn't resist it has something that draws me in. Honestly this one is worth trying its unique but not in your face, more subtle. Give it a chance. It might just be my skin chemistry? I don't know either way it has me hooked now! I cant wait till it arrives!

I think it must be the leather, I don't think I own any perfumes with leather in. Yes that must be it, A leathery base. It is lovely!

Men love this one also!

Anyone who thinks it is too young is wrong, I see older women 60+ purchasing this often. It is very classy smelling.

P.s. this fragrance is not sweet or sugary at all, honestly people have no clue !
It is as it says a powdery floral rose with a mysterious unique base that I believe is the leather !

CeeLeeBee
CeeLeeBee

There are a lot of very positive reviews for this scent from users whose opinions I respect, so please do read on beyond this one to get some of their opinions. However, I do not like Donna. I hope my opinions don't offend the many people who seem to really love it. If fruitchoulis are your thing, then please do try Donna. But if you find them cloying, it is probably not for you.

To my nose, the vanilla is more synthetic sugar cube than warm vanilla bean. The citrus from the bergamot doesn't smell fresh and bright so much as overripe and sticky. I barely get the rose and iris, but when I do they smell like approximations of flowers and not like the real thing. Overall, I find it nauseatingly sweet and synthetic. Just not for me.

halesgordo
halesgordo

Just like many designer scents lately. It was like I poured sugar on my wrist. Nothing unique popped up. Good for a tween or for a young girl's first perfume. Sweet, soft, light floral puff.

EmHyden
EmHyden

Does anyone else think this smells EXACTLY like Elie Saab Rose Couture? I tried both of them today..... couldn't tell the difference!

jrossi
jrossi

One word: "DONNA"!

I love rose perfumes with Cartier's "Goute de Rose" and Bvlgari's "Rose Essentielle" as my top 2 favourite. I tried a sample of Donna and I am quite satisfied. Grazie Valentino. It's a mix of my two favourite which I will gladly wear. A mature rose fragrance for women that is sweet, warm, and molto elegante.

Stacierew
Stacierew

Ok, so may be falling for this one. I have been holding out for a new and innovative scent, and even now I am sure that this fragrance is not so innovative. But... I was tempted by the gorgeous bottle, and by suggestions that it smells lovely when layered with Uomo. So curiousity got the best of me and I sprayed my wrist without even checking a test strip. Initially, I rolled my eyes when I first sprayed it because the opening is so LVEB/Flowerbomb, and even though I love Flowerbomb, I am itching for something new. It has that some soaring sweetness in the opening. In Valentino's interpretation, the sweetness drifts away revealing a beautiful powdery rose roughed up by warm leather. It is beautiful, and results in an almost vintage-like fragrance. Not that it would be mistaken for a classic Chanel, it is a far too sweet and modern gourmand. But maybe it is the insolent and younger distant cousin. Sexy, carefree, romantic, and leather clad. I feel as if they should have saved the name "Rock n Rose" for this one, as it seems to better suit the name. Overall, I find it very wearable, and decently long lasting. An easy daytime scent, and because of that vintage edge, pulls off just enough sophistication to not seem childish at the office. This scent is likely going to interrupt my plans to splurge on a unique perfume, but I still dig it.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

I am pleasantly surprised! It opens up with this sweet rose candy scent, then develops into a leathery powdery rose with soft patchouli. Understated and gorgeous!

Sahar_Pourhashemi
Sahar_Pourhashemi

The scent of Valentino Donna is completely compatible with the colour of its liquid: smooth and feminine.
The opening is a combination of cooling bergamot and lipstick-type iris, free of any vanilla or rose-type sweetness.
After about 10 minutes rose comes over and sweetens the whole theme of Donna. I hardly get along with roses, but Donna's rose is not cloying or annoying at all. I've experienced a classy and sophisticated modern mixture of iris and rose (I've got terrible problems with classic roses). During this period, a delicate touch of leather-specified darkness joins over and brings a superiority for Donna over other iris-based (powdery) perfumes.
Incredibly, the dry-down is gourmand vanilla, something like a vanilla cake.
I have seen no detectable similarity between this perfume and Armani Si or La Vie Est Belle; maybe the final gourmand vanilla makes this kind of impression. I donno .

It lasts long enough and projects really well. The bottle is also impressive and classy. ♥

atiyeh

Kolan har atri ke vanil va nanae hendio kenare ham dashte bashe benazaram kheyli herfeye

atiyeh

Jozve behtarin atraee ke ta hala bu kardam hast, hatman azash mikharam kheyli shike va mundegarie ziadi dare,harchi mimune khoshbvar mishe,hich note buee nadare ke tu zogh bezane,i loveee iit

Orquidea
Orquidea

I tried the scent this morning on my wrist. Now it is almost 5 hours later, longevity seems excellent. But.... for the rest I am so disappointed. I was hoping to be flashed by Mr. Valentino this time.
At first spray I thought hmmm sweet but not too much. But after some minutes on my skin it turned into one of those hundred mainstream floral FRUITY GOurmand scents. I smell artificial candy with tons of sugar on me, I do not detect any specific flower, it is a candied mixture, at least this is what I smell. There are so many scents like this out there - they may be hype but we do not need so many of them. Gone are the days of Valentino's classical scent, floral with class, a lady scent. Well there is still Smeraldo (Paolo Gigli) or Creed's Fleurissimo that for me come close to the classical Valentino...
Some may like Valentino Donna, I definitely do not.

FrkFors
FrkFors

To me, this was love at first sniff!
I tested it in the store, and I had to buy it right away.
It's sweet, rosey, leathery and powdery with a hint of bergamot.
All the notes melts together very well. The rose is a fresh, pink, sweet one.
Vintage and modern. Young and old. Sexy and cute. Very feminine.
It's unique to me. LOVE it!

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

Elegant,sweet and classic scent. Even though I'm not a fan of sweet scents,this one I like. I guess it's not for a young audience. More for grown up woman +30. Lovely bottle and the smell is lovely too. :)

Kate33
Kate33

My new love. People ask why so beautifully fragrant. Opens great, it keeps long. Wonderfully, sweet elegance. I do not recommend, because I do not want all smelled the same :-)

Germany
Germany

Donna is definitely the female version of Uomo ,,, very much related , I own both. Nice to wear them together too. A definite compliment getter. Even though the male version is a leather fragrance and this one falls into chypre floral , they go so well together. Donna has a smooth leather in the base as well. The two bottles look stunning on my shelf.

To Donna , I smell a blast of rose mixed with iris. A definite lipstick smell. So that's what some might find grown up or old lady like lol, it's the part I love ! The base notes are a winner because how does a fragrance go terribly wrong by adding leather ( soft ) vanilla and patchouli to the base. The lime is noticeable as well to keep it all fresh and make it a definite relative to its male partner , well done Valentino !!!
My husband finds this too flowery :/ so I tend to mix it with Uomo .

This reminds me of Parisienne YSL

nordhaul

Nice bottle but sorry smells like everything else out there
Pretty. Sweet. Mainstream and common. Has a tea note
Worse, this DISAPPEARS. 7 sprays, NO silage! Peace

arlene629
arlene629

It's not long lasting, powdery, smells nice but doesn't impress as a fragrance.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This a Powdery and Floral perfume with a lot of Vanilla Scent for women. The main notes are Iris and Rose which is mixed meticulously with Vanilla. Both Longevity and projection are medium and It is suitable for Winter and Fall. It is a great Perfume for daily usage.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

It's very sweet on my skin which I absolutely love! This vanilla is powdery indeed. Simply beautiful fragrance!

Hanawari
Hanawari

Initially sweet, too sweet. Then it settles to a powdery floral. The initial sweetness on me is like a candyish sweet - sticky and super sweet. When it starts to develop into sweet-floral scent then it is the fantastic part. But that is just a moment before the powdery smell exists and dominates. If you are into powdery floral this is worth to try. This kind of perfume I would not purchase myself but if I get it as a gift I would still wear it. Sigh!

june7rose
june7rose

It smells like lipstick, with a dash of powder and sweetness. Not something I'd buy, but it's definitely more original than most offerings.

ahmedzg
ahmedzg

This is a floral sweet and powdery perfume that is extremely sensuous.
I love it especially that the powder in is soft on the nose.. unlike some other powdery perfumes.

هذا العطر وردي على بودرة محلاه و يمتاز بجاذبية و إحساس غير عادي
لقد عشقته خاصة و أن رائحة البودرة سلسه على الأنف بعكس بعض عطور البودرة الأخرى

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

A bit of a muddle but a beautiful mess, I have to say! Yes Dona has familiarity with la vie est Belle, Si but Between the three perfumes, this one wins with compliments! So I enjoy it. Bashfully!

The bottle design is gorgeous, for the perfume magpies off the world, this is one to keep in your nest!

Lovely applied with the matching lotion.

Very chic, very evening.. But if you want to turn heads wear this anytime!

A charming scent.

nordhaul

Somewhat interesting. Like a modern day
White Diamonds. It's winter though and it
DISAPPEARS. Will revisit later. ...Peace...

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

There is something special about this scent to me. A few months ago I was intrigued to go to NYC and sample Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose, which I did. Unfortunately I really didn't like it on myself. I wore it for some time that day to see if it would grow on me because the idea of a vintage powdery make-up/ lipstick scented perfume sounded amazing. In my head, what I wanted Lipstick Rose to smell like is EXACTLY what Valentino Donna is. It's a gorgeous modern take on a vintage period of time. ****** The review below this one is mine...not sure why it was put under guest

There is something special about this scent to me. A few months ago I was intrigued to go to NYC and sample Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose, which I did. Unfortunately I really didn't like it at all on myself. I wore it for some time that day to see if it would grow on me because the idea of a vintage powdery make-up/lipstick scented perfume sounded amazing. In my head , what I wanted Lipstick Rose to smell like is EXACTLY what Valentino Donna is. It's a gorgeous modern take on a vintage period of time.

curvealert
curvealert

I concur with cake n' cuddles, who pretty much says what I would, only better. I would add that this is the only perfume I've ever tested that made me sneeze uncontrollably for half an hour. This is a nice lipstick powdery floral, but something in it strongly disagreed with me (and cleared my sinuses).

bronstein
bronstein

A modern floral scent, nothing special but of decent quality. Might as well sell as "Roberto Cavalli", though. With Valentino, I prefer anything from the Valentina range as being more feminine and special.

***

veynor11
veynor11

I was given a generous sample. I wore it for a few days.The sweetness is only prominent in the first half an hour then settles into a powdery rosy scent which lasts on my skin a good 6 hours without changing. I smell clean sophisticated. Good for the office but not a groundbreaking scent. A safe blind buy.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

The "Fruity Notes" are missing in the pyramid of Valentino Donna, in my opinion.
Sure they will have large votes!

mshilov
mshilov

Very unusual and interesting scent! I first decided to try it on my skin just being curious - as long as I am a fan of Valentino Uomo and wanted to know how the 'partner' fragrance belonging to this fragrant duo smells like. I was not disappointed at all! It sounds a bit old-fashioned and quite mature, like many chypres do, but the same time it's modern and classy. It definitely makes a statement and has some intelligence behind the glamorous façade, I would say. Sometimes I spray it on my wrist in duty frees just to feel again this beautiful impact - I really love the character of this perfume, it feels like meeting a sophisticated and charming young lady.

Hippolyta
Hippolyta

Yesterday I went to the mall and I was trying different fragrances. I was pretty excited about Donna because of the notes and in the same time I was a bit taken back from the mixed reviews. All my doubts went away in a moment when I inhaled it. For me this is love from first sniff. It's truly gorgeous.
My first impresion was literally of a ''dusty iris'' (I know it's weird). The more time it passed ,the more the fragrance seemed to open up. This dusty, cosy feeling that I got at first was actually the leather note that beautifully juxtapositions itself to the fragile iris . After that I felt the rose which gives it more of a sweet , feminine touch. I could even sense the bergamot, which seems to give Donna a bit of a colour and freshness.
When I smell this I envision a couple of pressed, dried irises and roses , tucked neatly between the pages of an old book. Maybe it's poetry .I don't know. Nonetheless this truly a beautiful fragrance and I think that the advertisement suits it quite well.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I recently went on a perfume sniffing trip and out of everything I smelt (which was a lot) I was most excited about this one.
It smells like an odd combo of valentino uomo & lipstick rose. It's very feminine, but not young. The bergamot is very bright in the beginning until you get a powdery makeup smell of vanilla, roses, and iris. There is an oddly sparkly leather smell in the background that makes me think of uomo. Maybe it's the bergamot note that smells to linger, despite bergamot's usual short lived reputation.
To do a word vomit here, it's a lovely synthetic, plasticky, makeupy, pastel floral, with a masculine, and citrus touch.
Interesting but not crazy. Nice, very nice.

Kudra1983
Kudra1983

5When I was a child I loved to dress up as a princess, well which little girl does not? Carnival in February is somehow the German Halloween, where people where costumes and of course I was a princess quite a few times. To make my straight thin hair look a bit more royal my mom bought some curlers, long foam worms with a wire inside. (Next day I looked like a clown but that's another story.) Anyhow, those things came with a liquid, a kind of a hair spray to prep your locks prior curling and this stuff smelled exactly like VD! I know that smells can provoke "time traveling" raising long forgotten memories from your subconscious, but it never happened that strongly and suddenly and directly to me like yesterday when I tried this sample of VD! I was the princess again with the super curly hair, 6 years old in 1989! A very nice memory, but definitely not anything I want to smell of. It's 80s hair salon chemicals and nothing else.The bottle is stunning. If you like the design of the bottle buy Valentino Uomo (for your man, dad, brother, son or just for yourself), that juice is divine!

WildDove
WildDove

Valenino Donna is very pretty and powdery at times, reminding me of fragrances from the 1950s and 1960s, but at least half the time Donna is dominated by a very chemical vibe. Gorgeous bottle. Overall a "miss" for me.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I wanted to love this, I love the bottle! But yuck!! Something sharp and chemical hits your nose when you smell it, maybe the lime or iris. But it ruins it for me, it warms down to a prettier powder scent, but I can't get through the first hour. Smells chemical and cheap. It smells "stale" like a drugstore perfume that's been at your grandma's house as long as anyone can remember. Pass...

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

the bottles are pretty. and the pink juice is a lovely hue.

and there ends the nice things i have to say about this scent.

i sniffed the lotion first, and for a split second it reminded me of this gorgeous rose-scented lotion i had in middle school. just a generic bottle from a gift basket, but it smelled so good.

but that split second ended with the second sniff, and was smashed to bits once i put the lotion on my skin.
i thought the lotion might have gone off somehow, but no, the perfume and shower gel have that same wrongness to them.

it smells cheap. more like dusty/powdery violet than rose. and no iris or leather or vanilla or patchouli.
a really, really old, maybe a little bit rancid, violet scent.

(i don't mean "old lady" perfume, i mean something's gone off in it somewhere)

i think maybe there was a brand of drugstore lipsticks that smelled a lot like this, maybe 20 years back?

ugh, just no.

...and that's such a shame because the Uomo is amazing!

smokvica
smokvica

I'm confused. I don't understand this perfume at all. What does it want to be - LVEB Intense or Just Cavalli Gold or Armani Si?
It's like a sweet mess for a few minutes and then it's gone. I wouldn't trade my Viva la Juicy for this one, for example. Not to speak about LVEB or Si. Those not for sure!
P.S. The bottle is pretty. But I'm not completely seduced without the apropriate liquid in it.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

At first some might confuse this with others like lveb or flowerbomb and the resemblence is undeniable, but this is like a less powerful, more elegant version of the range. Iris and leather notes has given a different edge to it, unlike others this doesn't have sugar canes or pralines or whatever so it's less sticky imo. I like it because i like sweet scents but i don't want to smell like "i'm a big box of sugar coated chocolates!!" It has moderate sillage and i can smell it on my clothes at the end of the day but reapllying should be helpful. For patchouli haters, it's just used for kepping things together, not to make a statement. Dries down into a powdery veil of semi sweet irises and a hint of rose with leather accords at the back. Recommend to try:)

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Valentino Donna - A lovely chypre with well blended notes conveys a great level of sophistication. The fragrance is fresh, sweet, dry, and slightly bitter. The vanilla and leather create a cuddly warm feeling. Donna is a beautiful, sultry, and modern scent; quite long lasting with moderate sillage. Instant ❤!

flora lee
flora lee

Absolute love for me. It is soft, pink floral but a little herbal and powdery too, meaning the iris really is a player here. The initial spray does give some sweetness and citrus, with a touch of blackcurrant vibe of Armani Si, and then there is a brief phase of a strong gourmand floral, closer to Flowerbomb than La Vie Est Belle, remaining smooth without being overwhelmed by any praline or hot berry accord. What is best about this fragrance to me, and which makes it worth the purchase, is the very long dry down of slightly sweet iris and hint of patchouli, made cozy by a classy vanilla. Wafts of rose come up here and there. If Donna does remind of some other popular fragrances, it's a hybrid designed to capture and perfect all of their desirable qualities and make a modern wearable fragrance.

snel hest
snel hest

The bottle is very pretty.

At first it is very sweet, almost candy-like, but after few minutes it changes into sophisticated leather & vanilla scent. I warn you - it is very teasing! It's perfume for a very bold person. If you like drawing attention to yourself, wear it. However, spray it with caution please. It's typical heavy hitter.

Berta15
Berta15

Oooh I'm speachless!Such a beauty!
Very feminine,elegant,classy,high quality absolutely!
Yes,is sweet but in more mature way, this perfume has depth,strengh,power!
The opening is on me a rose scent with earthy iris and with a touch of lime-lovely,and a few minutes later it turns into a ENCHANTING PERFUME I'm in love now.Then when it dries down,the vanilla mix with the leather,iris and patchouli!
Perfect for fall,maybe winter!
This perfume is a cosy elegant feminine perfume!
I think this going to be a forever love,and the bottle is gorgeous too,Love It!
❤❤❤

dormir6
dormir6

At first it seems weak, but my nose has learned to detect the aroma of the subtle iris. It:s present all around you,like fairy dust.
Very elegant, still trendy fragrance. The leather notes gives a special aristrocratic essence.
I love it!

mudpach
mudpach

I have and I just like it not love: what a weak lasting power! The leather-iris accord is strange, strong and don't live together with the sweets.

Shiffy
Shiffy

Bellissimo profumo, di classe, apertura iniziale ricorda la La vie est belle, forse leggermente più fiorito e cipriato - polveroso. Meno dolce del LVEB e con le note di rosa più evidenti. Molto persistente sugli indumenti. Mi ha subito conquistato.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

Yay!! at last i have found my answer to Si & La Vie est Belle in the form of 'Donna' which is a sweet sultry divine vanilla powdery fragrance. A beautiful & elegant fragrance the sweeps you off your feet right at the start with the iris powdery note. It is strong to start with but as the day wears on it soon becomes a soft & heavenly vanilla scent. That's why it's doesn't come across in a immature way & actually leaves it's sister's hanging!, so thank you Valentino. Lovely leather qualities which projects a confident women, great silliage on me & classy eye catching bottle also.

Tam
Tam

Blind bought this with some loyalty points I had accrued mainly because of the bottle - which reminds me of the old crystal spirit decanters in my mum's drinks cabinet - and the fact I generally like this house. This one is extremely pretty and a general crowd pleaser - it has been my most complimented fragrance of recent. It does have the ubiquitous Si/La Vie est Belle sweetie pie thing going on with it but is given a slight edge with the patch and leather. I would say this is a safe blind buy if you like Si/LVB/Flowerbomb and ones in a similar vein.

xrayer
xrayer

Tried this today and it is a very pretty, soft, ultrafeminine scent, to me it's a hybrid of flower bomb and Kelly caleche. Quite lovely and the bottle is absolutely stunning, more beautiful than the picture in real life.

I sense it mostly as leathery scent. A little powdery as well. It is strongly floral after spraying and has an old-fashioned vibe to it.
I don't enjoy it as much as the many other perfumes, it doesn't smell sweet or fresh, it's more like old and dusty-smelling in my opinion. In addition to that, there's sharp floral note in it.

kakamelia
kakamelia

Tested today. The opening reminded me kind od powdery or make up vibe luk YSL Parisienne, so I tried IT on wirst and... In cca two minutes IT turned in to the same scent like so many others I May smell in crowds these days - so I totally agree Mas777

Mas777
Mas777

I received a sample yesterday, and I was really happy :-)
But when I tested it I noticed it was very similar to 'La vie est belle' or 'Sì' by Armani.. :(
I don't appreciate always more often these new fragrances, so common so similar among them..
Does anybody agree with me? :(

bellemoore
bellemoore

Absolutely gorgeous. In the opening I get the fresh citrus from the bergamot, closely followed by the dry powdery notes from the iris and definitely leather like fine leather gloves. The drydown is a beautiful powdery muskiness which I love! Kinda reminds me of Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her/SJP Lovely. Will definitely be on my Christmas list!

Taliera
Taliera

I really, really like this. The opening is sweet, strawberry, citrus and flowers. It is both powdery and joyeous at the same time. But it is also "candy shop". Unfortunately, many celebrity scents give the same kind of effect for less $$. For some reason the pink studded and gold bottle improves the scent (it's all in my mind!!). It could also be the name "Valentino". But the whole time I wore it I enjoyed the experience thoroughly. It's like a sugary indulgence. And so I realised why it appealed to me so much... it's like Flowerbomb!

dariodp123
dariodp123

When I first smelled it on my friend's wrist I thought she sprayed Si and La Petite Robe Noir on the same spot. I think it's a mix of both and that's good because I love those fragrances!

PatrickM
PatrickM

A very nice and elegant scent for ladies. Reminds me a bit of Si and Si Intense from Armani but definately with more iris and citrusy/fruity notes inside. Would actually even do pretty well as a body splash à la Victorias Secret.

I expected a creamy floral scent, this has a rather bright sparkly opening, this has some punch, the leather is not far, which almost gives the scent a bit of a masculine vibe, not quite., or it dissipates rather fast..I don't find it smooth, it had some punch, and I see it more as a spring/fall scent, more than winter...it is classy, but certainly not a classic...I don't know, I am not overly impressed by it...but I find it attractive in a pleasant bright way...I just wish it had been smoother, and more feminine...and that the base would linger more. It kind of falls short in a way..in my opinion.

Protilde
Protilde

I have tried it twice, and the best of it is... the bottle, which is gorgeous. The perfume opens beautiful, but after a minute, even though it´s pretty nice, smells just as so many others.

antonpan
antonpan

That's a great modern perfume, though not sophisticated or new/unique. A beatiful opening accord combines with an ordinary fruity dry down, and unfortunately the dry down leads the composition.

Valentino Donna starts off with a natural iris note similar to that in Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial or even Dior Homme. Soon this beauty disappears, revealing a typical sweet fruity candy accord with a focus on roses. This stage is similar to La vie est belle, Nina Ricci L'Extase and others, others, others.

I'm sure this will be a big hit among those who love La vie est belle, Coco Mademoiselle and auch type of fragrances. A well done counterpart to Valentino Uomo.

The bottle in real life is a masterpiece.

gaz525
gaz525

Would be great if it wasn't doused in cheap vanilla, gives it a childish sweetness. I really don't understand why everything must be covered in a sweet cloud nowadays. Would have been fine without the vanilla but with perhaps Tonka bean and some sandalwood. Smells abit like beyonces heat too.....

auroramaria

Gorgeous!! Can I say this is the ultimate scent for a real woman? I agree with the reviewer below Donna is differents scents put into one! It starts with a beautiful high end make up smell then turns powdery then fruity and sweet but the nixture is Amazing.
Super chic and ultra feminine Leaves a wonderful trail and it is also dead sexy.Sillage is very good, longevity 4 hours plus.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I like this one, is wearable, easygoing, correct, contemporary but root in classic powdery scents. It is mixing in one scent several trends: iris powdery scents, rose and patchouli chypres, sweet fruity vanilla and soft leather choices. So I wouldn't be surprised that many different perfume lovers will like it. I'm sure it would be a success just if it lasted enough.
The iris is very prominent at the beginning mixed with a bit of bergamot, after a feminine soft rose, a subtle leather and a sweet vanilla appear to stay there up to the drydown where patchouli makes itself present without being dominant at any point.

Polite, office daytime perfume.

Just a pity it doesn't last on me more than three hours.

polkadot27

Beautiful and ultra feminine- however over priced for what it is- this fragrance has been done before and on a much more affordable budget. I still want to buy this though because the bottle is gorgeous and the scent is such a beautiful powdery iris rose smell- it really is gorgeous and womanly. Probably the most prominent iris smelling scent I have tested- if you love iris you will adore this fragrance. Doesn't project at all on my skin and really it should do for the price- it is a skin scent- lasting power 2-3 hours maximum- this is where this scent leaves me feeling disappointed- honestly we need greater silage and longevity from these high end designers- the scents are beautiful just not worth the money due to the aforementioned reasons.

Still can't fault the actual scents notes- they are all well blended there is nothing chemical or undone about this fragrance. I can't really detect the patchoulie. I mostly get iris and roses blended with vanilla.

A really beautiful chiselled perfume bottle looks very expensive and looks like crystal to me- absolutely beautiful.

Is Donna short for primadonna- if so this scent kind of suits the name.

Reminds me a little of YSL paris

Packaging=9/10
scent=7/10
radiates=4/10
lasting power=5.5/10

jellybeantree

Verdict : This is a beautiful modern rose interpretation . I am not really a rose fragrance fan but the more I smell my wrists , the more I love this . Silage is moderate on my skin . This is an elegant viel that whispers at you . Don't be fooled the powdery tone is muted by the leather which gives it depth and structure. Its a beautiful modern twist of a rose scent . I am happy I tried it. I almost dismissed it at the perfume counter when I tried it . I always do that. Anyways , if you are looking for a modern rose fragrance that is bright but somehow has a seductive undertone than this is for you. I also like chloe signature edp but this one is more of a rose fragrance as chloe is more clean smelling.

jellybeantree

For some reason I am getting Versace bright crystal and Ange ou demon le secret vibes . At first smell it smells like I have smelled it a million times before already. The bottle is gorgeous though , love it!
Its a fresh rose powdery scent that smells good but I don't know if I would purchase it .

I have a sample and will give a better review when I have really tried it on my skin longer .
UPDATE : I am getting some leather now and rose powder. Very nice indeed , its actually quite sophisticated and I don't think someone under 25 would be fitted for this one. I think 25 plus for sure. I don't like rose fragrances but this is actually developing wonderfully on my skin . Lasting power not sure will update .

Musky4
Musky4

This is a powerful, elegant, grown-up feminine scent. Much as I love the individual notes, I don't really like the overall fragrance. It gives the impression of being quite a mature scent and the bottle is lovely and expensive-looking, but personally this isn't my cup of tea. However, it is a good example of leather done well and it's not as sweet as many of the scents currently on the market.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Lipstick lipstick and 80s make-up. I get a hint of chocolate. Horrible to my nose. Classy to others.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

I get the bergamot and then the floral leather. On me this is a soft fragrance, classy but short-lived. I received a carded sample with an online order of another fragrance - glad I got to test it as now I know not to order a full bottle. Nice enough but not outstanding.

Babygia
Babygia

Smooth,soft and very elegant. Smells like a high class lipstick, something from the 90' s.
I smell no patchouli , there is a hint of dryness in it, supposedly that may be patch. Soft rosey and irisey, just a pinch of vanilla,just enough that Donna stays soft and sweet.
Well done !

Momo Tse
Momo Tse

smells like lipstick accord, orris, rose and berry

Juicyassrose
Juicyassrose

I agree with JodieW1992, I will leave a full review until release but just be aware that when trying this fragrance, it's a smooth leathery base and when worn, is all about the base!! Valentino fragrances have always had a beautifully smooth and soft quality which is the same for the his female version of Uomo(duh, obviously... Donna)...
Low key but sultry, sexy in an effortless way and doesn't scream out for attention. Very good.

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

For those of you wanting to know the bottle, it's lovely.
It's a clear studded (like the uomo bottle) only it's a cube.
The sprayer is a rose gold colour and the juice is pink.
The fragrance is lovely but doesnt last long on me.

auroramaria

The notes are promising but it's so annoying we can't see the bottle even if Fragrantica gives a brief description of it I still would love to see it

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Valentino Donna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Valentino Valentino Donna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Valentino Donna by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Valentino Donna by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.