Designers » T-Z » Leather « Groups

dislike

nutty
cacao
coffee
Valentino Uomo Valentino for men Pictures Valentino Uomo Valentino for men Pictures Valentino Uomo Valentino for men Pictures Valentino Uomo Valentino for men Pictures

Valentino and Puig are launching a new fragrance for men for the house of Valentino, and it has been promoted recently in sunny Venice. The idea was to create a fragrance that would be a classic of the future, aiming at men who strive for classics and like casual style. They select top quality for themselves – as announced by the brand. Valentino Uomo is closely connected with fashion collection Valentino, so Rome was an excellent choice for advertising campaign of the new perfume.

Perfumer Olivier Polge has signed the new creation for Valentino and created it with a traditional pyramidal concept (top, heart, base), where woody notes in the base are particularly highlighted in this edition. The composition opens with bergamot and myrtle, succeeded in the heart by roasted coffee combined with gianduja cream, on a rich base created of cedar and precious leather.

Valentino Uomo arrives on the market in the beginning of 2014 in Europe, Russia and the Middle East, while in 2015 it will be available in Asia, Latin and North America. Advertising face of Valentino Uomo is French actor Louis Garrelm, video advertisement is directed by Johan Renck, while photos were taken by David Sims.

Bergamot Myrtle

weasel

not a bad fragrance but on my skin don´t last more than 1 hour pass

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

Okay, first things first. I compared this to Dior Homme. I know everyone who seems to own Dior Homme also seems to be writing bad reviews about this scent. Well, I have a couple of things to say to that:
1. Dior Homme is half the fragrance as this one.
2. Yes, the same person created both and made this one better. That's nothing to feel hurt by.
3. There are no striking similarities between Valentino and Dior Homme. They are two different fragrances as a whole. You could own both and that would be fine. I'm not sure, however, why you would wear both once you have the Valentino.

Now, on to Valentino Uomo. This is a sexy fragrance. It's sweet and it's spicy. However, those sweet top notes are very unique. It doesn't smell like anything else. The spice is just right. Eventually, the sweetness dissipates some and the spice notes take a little more prominence in the mix. Very manly. This is sure to be an instant classic and is a true masterpiece.

I have found that on my skin, the sweetness subsides after about an hour or two while the woody and spicy notes become very pronounced. However, on my clothes, it keeps more of the balance of sweet and spicy that is smelled in the first hour throughout the day.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Valentino is more Le Cordon Bleu than the free outgoing spirit that they're trying to portray in their advertisement. I Have to agree, It smells allot like DHI but far more edible and delicious! This is how I imagine i'd smell if I worked as a French pastry chef. It's addictive but it doesn't take me anywhere beyond the tasting table.

dmd63
dmd63

it´s Dior Homme with another name. what a rip off. smells great, but is a copy of Dior Homme!! wtf?!?!? if you like Dior Homme don´t buy this one, instead go for the original. ta ta.

soned
soned

This....is a great fragrance. The best to come out in many years IMO. To me, its more similar to DHI than DH. Sweeter than both, and more pleasant too. Last a long time, but be comes close to the skin after a few hours. Hazelnut?, don't know about that, more like cocoa to me.

Now, I wore it yesterday night, still on my skin today 12 hours later, and now it turned kind of smoky!!!. Must be the leather.

Again, the best designer release in years by far. Cheers!

siamese
siamese

Have to say i'm in love with this! Bought as a gift for my other half and i have worn it more than him! Just beautiful.

vdog
vdog

Sigh. The way the bottle was designed, I was hoping for something much more daring, masculine and boozy, more along the lines of Frapin's 1697. Instead, we end up with an airy Nutella puff pastry. I suppose this is pleasant enough, but it is much too well-behaved to take top shelf as the bottle would suggest.

drakecito
drakecito

Sorry but to me, this smell cheap and boring.
Very light with notes of cocoa soon fade, leaving a scent somewhat synthetic, in effect, much like "Dior Homme".
That said, very light, cheap, synthetic and boring.

Longevity is decent (more than 3-4 hours) with very light sillage.

I think that for a long time, O. Polge has lost its direction, at least on the creative side (not in the commercial).

Well... Until these days, I still have no idea why I haven't acquired any Dior Homme and I am no amateur in this world. Anyway, I only sniff this once and I can see the similarity but I find this Valentino to be slightly sweeter, having a bit more depth, more captivating and more user-friendly, for me, because I also work at a coffee shop where "other scents" are not allowed. Having said that, I'm eager to test some more and no doubt I will be getting this pretty soon. Now excuse me, I gotta go find some kind of discount. :)

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Now this is serious talking.
Here we are seeing what I hope will be a future classic.
It opens very similar to Dior Homme Intense, but unfolds into what I could call a gourmand fragrance.
After an hour it smells like cocoa with vanilla and hazelnut on my skin.
One of the bests perfumes I have discovered lately.
It is class, elegance and sex appeal of the most refined class.
A must for all those like me who need strong fragrances with a great and unforgettable personality.
A winner with all thumbs up!

ImAddicted
ImAddicted

Another classic is born. I really hope this flanker becomes a classic and they never reformulate it (although I would love an INTENSE version). This is a little similar to DIOR Homme, only BETTER! Much better actually, because it's more versatile. I guess it's a result of the perfect balance between bergamot and hazelnut. You can wear this to the office and you can wear this to social occasions and you will also make a great impression on a date. This is classy, not overpowering and powdery in a "I want to sniff you" way. Longevity is decent, but I can't wait for an eau de parfum or INTENSE version. Well done, Valentino!

redwan
redwan

it s similar to dor homme but not at the level of the quality of dior the most beautiful in this frag is the bottl thats all

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

It's a fabulous fragrance, with brilliant longevity, out of interest I had a spray of this on one wrist, and a spray of Lancome's la vie est belle on the other, 24 comparisons, really? Lancome's perfume was ultra sickly and sweet, quite cloying. This, albeit slightly floral was just fabulous, loved it. The bottle is ultra smart too. I don't really see any connection to the Dior fragrances IMO, both are wonderful in different ways.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Smelled this a couple of time on paper and as a fan of the Dior Homme collection, Uomo surprised me in a very positive way (except the bottle which is a little too much maybe)... I'll write a complete review once I get to try this on my skin.

But so far, its been just so YUMMY.

Quite simply beautiful

paulhunter
paulhunter

When I smelled this, I couldn't help but mutter, "Holy sh**," under my breath. I have not had such a positive, visceral reaction to a fragrance in quite some time. For me, there is no stage of forcing myself to like this, or trying to detect notes, or trying to dismiss it as "mainstream"... No; simply basking in the addictive delicacy of this aroma. The bergamot reminds me of a crisp, fresh lemon overtop a musky, sensual base of cedar. Slightly floral, slightly sweet, woodsy, and undeniably masculine, this parfum is mercilessly calling me back for another whiff. WOW!

Ryander7
Ryander7

This is an awesome fragrance and everybody should try it out

jotalopez

Valentino Uomo is a great scent. Hands down it has the same DNA of Dior Homme since both were created by Oliver Polge. Unfortunately VU has poor longevity as it lasts about 3-4 hours before becoming a weak skin scent. So I'll stick to Dior Homme all the way. A more concentrated edition is likely to be launched soon this year.

jdawg
jdawg

Awesome! Perfect for night outs or late night dinner dates.

vserdar
vserdar

Dior homme intense is beautiful with heavy tonnes.This one is not that similar and the fruity creamy part is very sensual.ıt can be considered unisex by some people but for me this is the new age of sweet coffe scents. Although I do not like leather notes , in this combination leather usage is just perfect.

alexiej
alexiej

Beuatiful Ad. Beuatiful Bottle. Beautiful Juice. For both young and more mature. Chic and cool. Well done Valentino.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

This smells great!!! Yes its similar to Dior Homme but the dry down is more creamy and sweet. Delightful dry down!!! The hazelnut accord is amazing, yummy!!!! To be honest the bottle is kind of ugly, I don't know… It just doesn't work for me, the cap is ugly cheap and plastic, the glass is very original but still is not impressive. Now, this fragrance sadly disappears in to a super skin scent in one hour. Bummer!!!
I'll go with Dior Homme, better performance.
2 out of 5.

juanma

La espera terminó y hoy finalmente probé esto. Es la fragancia de moda, de la que todos hablan ultimamente? La que divide opiniones acerca de si se parece o no a otras fragancias? Bien, para empezar tengo que decir que esto puede defenderse por si solo sin recurrir a comparaciones con perfumes que siguen una linea olfativa similar. Voy a dar mi opinión personal (como siempre) Esto es agradable, ponible y si se quiere, sexy. No es algo totalmente nuevo o rupturista pero si acompaña perfectamente a los estílos de la perfumería moderna y masculina de estos últimos años. En cuanto a las comparaciones tengo que decir en primer lugar que esto no se parece a La Vie Est Belle. El perfume de Lancome es muy dulce, realmente gourmand, femenino y para algunos puede llegar a ser molesto y abrumador. Una bomba dulce. En segundo lugar. Es similar a Dior Homme? Si y no. En el inicio sí, pero solo por la nota de "lápiz labial" o maquillaje femenino aunque en Valentino huele a "lápiz labial de manteca de cacao" y que se percibe durante casi toda la evolución del perfume pero con mas fuerza en las primeras horas. La diferencia con D.H. es que no tiene las notas de vainilla e iris. Las notas están bien ensambladas. Puedo sentir con nitidez la nota de avellana, el floral un tanto amargo de mirto, el chocolate rico y semi gourmand, la bergamota, el café, el cuero y el cedro no los puedo detectar facilmente, quizás por estar cubiertos por las notas chocolatosas que son las que predominan. Es dulce (no empalagoso) y delicado al mismo tiempo, semi gourmand, para días fríos, leñoso, masculino y unisex en sus fases finales, cálido, elegante y un tanto adulto (no viejo). Interesante pero no va a entrar en mi lista de deseos.
Edito: Dior Homme no tiene vainilla entre sus notas declaradas pero en mi opinión siento que sí contiene o que la mezcla de las notas de base huela a vainilla. Dior Homme huele mas polvoso, femenino y adictivo.

clausa
clausa

this fragrance has nothing to do with Vie est beautiful people of this forum to hone their nose, because compared to Dior homme, this fragrance is much more dusty and more perfumes with soft compared

Cyrule
Cyrule

Neither the chocolate, coffee, or hazelnut notes stand above the other two, but instead blend together into a co-dominant, rich gourmand blend. The cedar and bergamot are just there under the surface, adding just a hint of sharpness to this fragrance. It smells really good, and I'm not the only person who thinks so. I wore this on a first date a week ago, and after our meal we went to the park, a cool breeze wafting through the trees. He commented that I smelled really good, and asked what I was wearing. At the end of the night, we hugged, and he couldn't unbury his nose from my neck. Good stuff.

kenney77

I want the bottle it looks awesome

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

I bought testers off eBay, simply based on the notes and the comments here. It's very soft, once the alcohol dries and it's had a chance to breathe on your skin.
Smells fairly powdery, slightest hint of cocoa. While I do like it, I'm undecided about purchasing a full bottle. I'm looking for a new cool/cold weather scent - I've worn Obsession for a few years, but EVERYONE recognizes it! I want to smell wonderful, yet UNIQUE! This is nice, but may be just a touch too powder, not enough hazelnut-cocoa for me. I can ABSOLUTELY see a man being mobbed when he wears this, I have the feeling the notes would be a bit different on a man. Either way, I expect it to be 'in my life', either on me or on my next victim (ooh lala!).

** few hours later...
I found myself really liking it - I actually kept applying - something kept me very interested - but, in the end, there is a slight whiff of something that I have come to recognize as common in male cologne. As much as I like it over all, I won't be getting a bottle for myself. I'll wear and enjoy my vials, and I can't wait to smell it on a man - but it won't be something for my own personal use. :( still give it two thumbs up though!

thepro25
thepro25

This fragrance exudes Luxury and class.
Its different, not very masculine yet still masculine enough.
Valentino is a fashion house that is the pinnacle of Luxury.

Even Bra
Even Bra

If this crap fragrance is Dior Homme i'm Napoleon and Gengis Khan...

ezemiyashiro
ezemiyashiro

Didn't like it at all. A very interesting opening that faints about 15 minutes later to a very predictable scent that smells like an old lady's wardrobe.
Very disapointing

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

I love Valentino Uomo! It's elegant. It's mysterious. It's gentle. It's confident. The bergamot and myrtle are not very strong. It starts very sweet and quickly joins the hazlenut and chocolate to create this sweet, lite, powdery gourmandish smell. To stay on the masculine side, the leather and cedar in the base do the job. I get at least 8 hours from this fragrance with very subtle projection. But everyone that has smelled this on me has commented on how great it smells. This is a definite try/buy.

ewelka
ewelka

I simply love it!!! I got it for my brother in law and what is more I bought it in blind after reading all great reviews about it and guess what I do not regret it! It is great fragrance and well done Valentino.
Finally, I neither agree that it is unisex fragrance nor similar to Lancôme la vie est belle.

For me 10/10!!!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

OMG ! How come (Lancome .. la vie est belle) is listed from the similar scents !!! you must be kidding !!

I have samples from this one, the open is nutty then it has a nice sweet tone which may consider it as a unisex or as a new love for girls

I agree it's close to play givenchy & maybe a watered down version of 212 vip .. but for sure it doesn't smell as lancome come on !

Manolete
Manolete

Nothing new here, for 5 minutes smells like DH (new version), after 5 minutes smells exactly like Play Intense, wich smells like a bunch of others colognes... Just another passenger in the trend bandwagon, but more expensive.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

Getting this for my boyfriend xD

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

For me this new frag from Valentino(Valentino Uomo Valentino for Men) smells fantastic!. Just tried it today at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada and I was taken aback by how well this frag is composed. I'm not really a fan of hazelnut or chocolate scents but this gave me such a surprise. On my skin at initial spray I got alot of the bergamot and myrtle and of course a few minutes later the hazelnut and chocolate started to appear. But what really balanced that all out I think is the coffee beans which gave it such a masculine scent because of its bitterness that the sweetness of the hazelnut and chocolate did not really have the chance to overpower though it was a muted sweetness which I really liked.
The drydown is so gorgeous and smooth with this one because of the leather and ceder notes with the tinge of bergamot and myrtle essence always lingering in the background.
For me I think this will be a future buy because it is definitely a well made/blended masculine scent.
Longevity is fantastic, a good 7-8hrs on me and sillage is definitely pretty decent too, between moderate and heavy but leaning more towards heavy.
Also I might add that the packaging & presentation for this baby is quite exquisite IMO. The 100ml flacon reminds me of a small whiskey decant bottle, quite hefty to the feel and touch with such a classic aura and again very masculine.
I give this beau 8.5/10

OBTW, I don't know why it is said that this frag will be released in North America in 2015 because it's already a hot buy here in Canada for the last few months now and all the major department stores besides Sephora is already carrying it.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

There are two kinds of people; people who enjoy wearing this fragrance and...well, men. (Lol) Needless to say, I am not a fan of this fragrance nor the bottle. It's okay (if you like DHI) but I do not smell what all the fuss is about...unless you enjoy playing with hideous perfume bottles. While it is a decent enough fragrance, it suffers from performance issues (i.e., it becomes a skin scent after an hour on my skin) and is better suited for les femmes.

I have sampled this fragrance at Nordstrom on two occasions since I rarely dismiss a fragrance after only one wearing. Let's just say I don't enjoy smelling like this fragrance, my wife doesn't like me smelling this way, but it smells pretty good on my 12-year old daughter. So there you go...it's a perfume for 12-year old girls...but she already wears my DHI so I don't need to waste my buckazoids on this one.

Fierce
Fierce

plz
dont waste your money and time

becomes skin scent very early

matty64

Thank you to MeThePerson. I thought I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't place it. Matty

@matty64,
Very simply, the design is a classic whiskey/liqueur decanter, vintage design harking back to the traditions of old Italian heritage and elegance but also using the Valentino square stud signature as in intrinsic pattern.
Beautiful and classical.

matty64

Got the gift set yesterday @ Nordies, I'm really digging the gianduja cream accord. Delicious! Oh yeah, the bottle design is magnificent. Anyone know the inspiration behind the bottle design?

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I get a delicious chocolate, coffee, hazelnut mix that make my senses explode. From the moment I sprayed it on I was so fascinated with Valentino Uomo. To me I DO NOT see anything in this fragrance that reminds me of Dior Homme Intense. Dior is soooo much stronger than Valentino Uomo.
The dry down is creamy, sexy and masculine. I will be wearing it very often.

jotalopez

Another great creation of Olivier Polge. An instant masterpiece. Bought it today and I couldn't be more satisfied! This stuff is amazing! Classy, rich, sophisticated and manly.

arminio94

Also this scent lingers a lot I sprayed one spray on my wrist about 2 hours ago and its just lingering and I'm smelling hints of it every couple if minutes a real gem everyone should get it definitely a buy don't even need to smell it first it's great its just wow

arminio94

Wow love at first sniff smells very sweet, the cocoa stands out very smooth and creamy, almost unisex but more on the manly side definitely a 9.5/10 smells like I can't even explain delicious

sharmap14

yeah that's truee... watch every guy wear this to the club now just like 1million. way to keep a fragrance classy. jus because of that i hate 1 million. it was an awesome fragrance.

Izaokas
Izaokas

Fantastic scent for sure ;) Everybody must have it!

will93

In the same way that 1 Million is the master of scents screaming, "Come at me ladies, I'm ready, available, and fairly desperate!", this fragrance masters in a subtle whisper that its wearer is a man confident of his own place in the world; a man who needs no confirmation from others. It is both satisfying and tantalising, both strong and quiet. Would I wear it to a club? No. Would I wear it to any other evening event? Yes, time after time, after time.

Chyskillz
Chyskillz

Ok, no brainer-Dior homme.

Am I right ? I mean if you have ever smelt DH you can`t have forgotten that vibe.

On the other hand this is more of a lay back and smoother version of it, IMHO valentino uomo is a more versatile version of DH.Little less powdery but its sweetness is on the money if you ask me.

To be sincere I find it more pleasant than the DH so ...

Both longevity and projection are excellent.

KingLouie
KingLouie

This is one of the nicest fragrances I've smelt in quite a while. Very masculine, but something you'd wear in a suit and tie.

I find this quite a sexy fragrance if you can pull it off in a classy manner.

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

Coffee on the go and the chocolaty smell, hmm .This is something for real that keeps me moving on and on and this put a smile on my face thereby making me feel confident all day.

SeniF
SeniF

I agree with the DH feel when you spray but the drydown reminds me of declaration essence. Its sweet but too weak for me. I might end up giving it away and sticking to my TF black orchid.

MeThePerson

I have to add to my post (5 down the column)... I am also a fan of Dior Homme but to compare one to the other is like trying to steal the others' thunder. Homme is aggressively masculine and dominant, whilst Uomo is more relaxed and sensual, which may be why quite a few women have asked me for the name of this for themselves.
When we have this reticence to override the differences with the similarities (which are few) it detracts from the actual. Both are vastly different fragrances with some similar notes until the dry down, that are themselves recognisable but as a whole... No comparison other than which you prefer.
A bit like comparing Marx Brothers to Laurel and Hardy, or Buster Keaton to Harold Lloyd.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Very closed to Dior Homme.....same vibe just a bit smother and sweeter.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I just got a sample of this in the fragrance shops mystery box. I never wear a scent based on which gender it is targeted towards so I keep the masculine ones.
This starts of leathery with an initial burst of freshness which soon fades...at this point it reminds me of a cheap male fragrance they sell at next...perhaps the christmas gold edition of their signature? Within minutes it becomes very warm and sweet but keeps a woody masculine vibe. After around an hour this fades to a very familiar female scent...and like others have pointed out..this to me smells very similar to La vie est belle. Warm caramel/toffee with a hint of praline and coffee but nowhere near the strong coffee scents I usually wear...Rebelle by Rihanna or Bond No 9 New Haarlem...very subtle.

Unfortunately, unlike the scents mentioned above this seems to not last very long...I had to repray after an hour and a half as it was very close to the skin and all that remained was the sweet musk I associate with la vie est belle.

A nice scent overall but goes through so many different phases before fading entirely.

sharmap14

more nutty and chocolatey kind of like a mix of LIDGE and dior homme, do not wear this if you are hungry and dont have easy access to food. it will kill you

hellel
hellel

It bears a close reseblance to Dior Homme at first, but has quite different drydown. Unfortunately has not at least the longevity of DH. Thats an Italian perfume, elegant,noble. I wish it could last longer..

MeThePerson

Oh my God!... I'm not at all religious, but... OH MY GOD! I think I've reviewed this before, but it's been a while since I wore it and just happened to put it on the other arm alongside the previously applied L'Heure Bleue from Guerlain today... I think I've been having the longest nasal orgasm since putting both these fragrances on 10 hours ago!! I know Valentino Uomo is not as complex as L'Heure Bleue and they are both very different, but its like swapping between two most succulent, hedonistic, opulent and anti-diet desserts imaginable... and trying to decide which one is your favourite!! I feel like I should lock both of them away to save myself from hyperventilating!
After 10 hours, the beauty and necessity of allowing any fragrance to develop has unveiled what magic can be done in the art of perfumery with both of these fragrances and for Uomo, the nutty, gourmand is balanced perfectly with just the faintest liqueur edge. What a beautiful end to my day.

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

I definitely find this attractive on a guy. So unique. Spicy, warm and long lasting too. I am a bit confused why the bottle is a bit glam and girly though. Over all well done Valentino a great scent.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Man..When i smelled this i almost fainted..love at first scent..will be buying a bottle...smells like a lighter dior homme ..... (never smelled DHI)

CLASS in a bottle...

bronstein
bronstein

So, this is the first male fragrance by Valentino in almost ten years. Therefore, one would expect something special, and indeed the first sniff is interesting: Spicey and sweet at the same time - this could evolve into something special.

Alas, this is not the case. After ten minutes it turns out to be one of those typical male scents of the 2010s, reminiscent of "Bleu" by Chanel or "Freigeist" by Wolfgang Joop. Yes, it also reminds one of Dior's "Homme", which makes an odd and unfortunately improper mixture.

Sorry to say that, but despite the somewhat enthusiastic comments below, I'm not impressed. Valentino should have kept "V" on the market, which is the perfect fragrance for a romantic date. In contrast, this one suits nothing.

creekboy
creekboy

One word. Wonderful.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I just hope most men will stop wearing DH and DHI. I thank you all for that, and of course, Valentino Uomo. Thanks, everybody ... I will stick to Dior.

frisc.rio
frisc.rio

Cassiano wrote the best review...EVER!

i love it...

WildDove
WildDove

Uomo opens up smelling much like a cross between Kaluhua liqueur and Montale Intense Café, but then transforms completely and dries down to a very very powdery and dressy unisex fragrance, with mild headache potential. Actually I think Uomo skews a bit more feminine, and I do get the relation to La Vie C'est Belle in the later drydown. I could see Uomo for an evening at the opera or symphony, and for tuxedo or other formal occasions. I like the brown+crystal+gold look of the bottle.

KJS88
KJS88

Don't get any hazelnut or chocolate (not a bad thing). Smells like a nicer, better blended version of Armani Eau de Nuit, which in turn smells like a cheaper, harsher version of the beautiful Dior Homme Intense.

A little disappointed, to be honest. I don't get the association with La Vie C'est Belle at all, which is a shame because I buy that for my mother who loves Flowerbomb as a work perfume (LVCB is a better smelling version of that, in my opinion).

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

This is the luxurious edition of Dior Homme.

Not my style, nor was dior homme, but I prefer this. It's sweetness is very masculine with an incredible iris/leather/coffee combo. Too soft for me but gorgeous scent.

KM_Autumn
KM_Autumn

Sprayed this on both wrists at nordstroms...

I do not care for it...Smells a lot like Burberry brit rhythm...
...It doesn't enhance my mood, or make me feel cool. Isn't that why we
like fragrances..?

It reminds me of the foreign women walking around Georgetown DC at night...
...Nothing suave or masculine about this...

tavo
tavo

I dont understand the first two pictures of the campaign. At least the two pictures posted here.

crescentsho
crescentsho

The opening is very sweet.I get blast of choco-hazelnut. Too sweet. Then the cedar balances the sweetness. Hmm,yes this is masculine, but the opening is too sweet and strong.

The bottle is so nice,but the juice is not special :(
Nothing similar to Shalimar and can not be compared with DH quality. too bad..but still a nice looking bottle for collection.

Knows2Nose

This is more similar to Dior Homme Intense than Dior Homme. Do you guys agree with this?

darksome
darksome

I bet that this scent is mostly loved because of the similarities in the first hour with Dior Homme. But for me it's the drydown that I adore. Anyway.. when I tested it once, my sister continuously talked about that she smells something unpleasant. Quickly we found out that she was smelling Uomo. But she said it reminds her on a woman scent that she really dislikes, but couldn't remember which one. I said than.... do you talking about Shalimar Initial? Bingo! As a woman who like my sister greatly dislikes Shalimar and all it's flankers, I was really surprised to find out that Uomo in the first few hours smells like Shalimar Initial. I'm still curious how can this calmer, more creamy and unisex, less pungent version of Initial smells so delicious to me.

Who doesn't know well Dior Homme - Uomo's opening is creamy, powdery, lipsticky. I mostly smell iris, lavender and juicy bergamot, layered over a powdery, sweet base. I tested the smell with two female friends and both said that it's not pleasant.

But the drydown was by all us three much more appreciated. So what's going on with Uomo when it turns slowly different than Dior's Homme? I think the best thing is that the bergamot disappears, iris turns less floral, less feminine and more or less only powdery. In the very end I can smell excellent cedar wafts, giving the smell a masculine note, but at the same time it get's sweeter, creamier and nutty with the presence of hazelnut/coffee/white chocolate. Overall it's a very creamy fragrance that turns more powdery on the drydown.

Describing Uomo in few words I would say white/beige suede. It's sooo smooth. I imagined that the chocolate note would smell very "brown" - like bitter or milk chocolate, but to me it smells more like white chocolate, which I find even better and more unique (it's really difficult to find a good unisex/masculine designer smell that contains a white chocolate note).

Uomo is a must have that can be worn by man or some woman, a daily scent for a gourmand lover, or overall a special occasion scent, because of it's elegant feel (iris). Very nice and more or less a must have for me. The bottle is a great refreshment next to other incredible boring designer bottles for men. Like another user said it looks like a liquor decanter. In my opinion it's very flattering - like a vintage bottle, presented in a modern way.

P.S.: The more on the drydown, the more is the cedar prominent in the scent. Nice!

Edit: Maybe this will help you to imagine the vibe of this scent:

Opening---------------Drydown
- powdery.............powdery
- lipsticky.............creamy
- creamy..............sweet
- fresh..................woody/fresh
- sweet.................nutty

fuggerone
fuggerone

a very cheap scent in a lush bottle...just another acquired brand trick targeted for the naive consumer!

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

At first spray, it reminded me so much of Dior to the point I would say they are identical. Given both fragrances are composed by the same parfumeur, it is only logical to say the similarities between the two frags are not accidental.

I own Dior Homme so I think it is redundant to purchase Valentino Uomo.

(I did not wait for the drydown since the opening of V Uomo bored me with its close resemblance to Dior Homme)

Everyone has heard much about the similarities, so I'd like to hear the DIFFERENCES, if any, between V Uomo and DH. My question is, WHICH IS BETTER?

Cassiano
Cassiano

Once again, I have been introduced to a fragrance that already hits the market filled with comparisons and a lot to be said. The first thing you read around, is that "Valentino Uomo is equal to Dior Homme". And once again, I open space to criticize the generalizations made by people who forget that, once placed their opinion, they influence the opinion of another person. So, I'm always careful with those terms, since there is a big difference between saying "it’s equal” to "it’s similar".

It is very common when a brand asks his/her perfumer to create something "very similar" to a specific fragrance from the competitor brand, changing just a little in the composition and trying to capture the audience for their own product. But in the case of Valentino Uomo, is more important to pay attention to a detail that makes all the difference: the perfumer of the two creations is the same: Olivier Polge. So, it would be too much stupidity on the part of the creator, to put his name and/or reputation in a bad position inside the perfumery circle, with the risk of being called as "uncreative" or "unethical", by reproducing a great success for a competitor brand. Obviously, I believe it may have been asked something in the same "style" of Dior Homme, but make a statement that they are the same, definitely, it's a mistake.

While Dior Homme has, as greater differential, the presence of the IRIS and the famous makeup smell, besides cocoa and cardamom, Valentino Uomo surprises us with notes of Calabrian bergamot and myrtle liquor, at the top, followed by notes of gianduja cream (mixture of chocolate and hazelnut) and racy notes of coffee, in the heart, finished with the intensity of cedar and white leather at the base.

The result is a very similar output aroma to the scent of Dior Homme, well evolved, i.e. approximately 5 hours after applied, when the creaminess speaks louder. I prefer to say that it reminds me more of Dior Homme Cologne (2007 version). But that's just the output, the initial impression. We still have a whole evolution to be discovered ahead.

So, Valentino shows itself more gourmand, with a more dense and creamy aroma that makes your mouth salivate, with something that reminds me of that dessert called Tiramisu, which by the way is also of Italian origin. The coffee is pretty light, but appears, slightly toasted. And the leather ends the journey in a elegant and sensual way, not dry or rasping, but cozy.

Finally, it comes in a beautiful bottle, as the most chic liquor bottles, which hold that amber-colored liquid inside, ready for tasting.

Valentino is a beautiful perfume of Italian characteristic, that runs the risk of being misunderstood because of generalizations. For some, it will be redundant to have it, if you have one of the Dior Homme’s fragrances (EDT or Intense). For others, it will be a differentiator. Where do you fit in?

josevancouver
josevancouver

I like this. A lot. Smooth, woody, nice bergamot off the top. Mildly sweet, not too heavy...yes reminds me of Dior Homme (not a suprise given the perfumer is Olivier Polge). Not incredibly unique but compared to Armani Code Ultimate (which also has a Dior Homme vibe), I like this better. I love Dior Homme (even more than DHI) and this one, while similar is up there with Dior Homme. If I had to choose...just based on my taste, I would probably go with Dior Homme (I prefer the reformulated version) but Valentino Uomo is an excellent fragrance.

If you are interested in wearing a more gourmand scent, but you don't want to smell like chocolate cake (ie. A*Men, Montale Chocolate Greedy) get this. It has subtle gourmand qualities but is versatile enough to wear throughout the year (though I would prefer to wear something lighter in the summer).

Knows2Nose

IMO a masterpiece. Yes this is very similar to DH and DHI, but I think it's more seductive and has more sex appeal. Sure, the Dior's may be a bit more complex, maybe more sophisticated or what have you, but the bottom line is that I have been complimented more on this cologne than any other.

I haven't tried it yet during the day...You would think this would be for night only, but it's so good I think you can also pull if off during the day. Just 1 or 2 squirts though.

RickS1169
RickS1169

Smelled a sample of this over the weekend. There definitely is a big similarity to this and DH, with this having less iris. I liked it, but due to the similarities I will not be picking it up as I already have DH and DHI. It would just be overkill to get this as well.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Amazing juice. I don't understand the hate on this one. It's very sweet, so if you're not into sweet scents, stay away. It has a similarity to DH, but the two are completely different. Every woman that has smelled this on me has LOVED it. As for the bottle...I like the bottle. It's flashy, but it's nice to have something different. To each their own. I have DH, DHI and this....they're all different. You can definitely own both....or all 3! :)

elvisstu@hotmail.com
elvisstu@hotmail.com

I tried this on a sample card attached to QG UK magazine. I bought the 100ml bottle the day after. Valentino Uomo is unbelievable (unbelievable in a good way)

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Swoon! So delicious and sensual - the kind of fragrance that makes you want to get very close to a man and sniff his neck....my husband is SO getting a bottle of this for our anniversary this year! And I do believe I will be borrowing it for myself in the autumn.

AngelRock77

When I sprayed it on a paper it shouted Dior Homme.Exactly the same fragrance in a different bottle under a different name as I stated it to the lady at the Perfume counter.
Dior Homme is one of my favorite fragrances and one of my three signature colognes.
I just loved the bottle well crafted and glamorous.A piece of work.What? So I bought it as I found it's exactly the same as Dior Homme.
When I wore it the first time.I couldn't differentiate the two.But then I started to notice a slight delicious difference.It was a little more gourmand in a good way,more mature,more sexual and animalistic.
Let's say it's the more carnal twin brother of Dior Homme

Khawla Mohammed
Khawla Mohammed

I am in love with this perfume, I tried it yesterday ,,I am going to buy it for my friend,, It remind me of Dior Homme which I Love so much because it smell so good and my boyfriend's favorite :)

MLK
MLK

I love this scent for myself and I am a female. I don't think this is exclusively for men - this fragrance seduces the senses. I can smell the smooth chocolate, very rich and creamy leather....love it and will be perfect for winter.
The bottle looks lovely, can be masculine or feminine design and has a nice weight to it (100ml bottle). This lasted for hours on my skin and the dry down was still soft and powdery after 10 hrs.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Tested this last week and I'm very impressed. On the strip, the top notes did remind me of Dior Homme but the dry down is different. I have DH, so I'm not sure if this is a buy for me. The bottle looks better in person, than it does in the picture. Very good indeed.

Softlikekitten
Softlikekitten

I love this - makes me feel smart, sophisticated, elegant (I may have to wear a suit to get the full effect!) And the bottle is a thing of beauty too... Pity the Valentino fashion show has left London - would be great to nose around, stop, stare, and ponder in a personal cloud of this lovely perfume....

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like this one! The nutmeat note isn't as obnoxious as Parfumerie Generale's Praline de Santal, it's subdued and pleasant, and the rest of the gourmand mix makes for a nice drydown. (I think I get somewhat more leather than chocolate, however. I just barely smell the coffee notes.)

Given that, at first, I didn't care for gourmands I've obviously come a long way in liking this one. It's persuasive.

The bottle is pleasant to hold, too.

matty64

You have to smell this on your skin. Don't trust the smell of the paper tester.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

This is one of my new favorites! I am a big fan of hazelnut notes in anything, as I adore aquolina chocolovers. Although hazelnut and chocolate seem like a pretty intuitive pair I've actually never seen them together in a perfume before. To me, this fragrance doesn't smell like nutella, and thank god because I ironically never liked nutella very much (it tastes too processed to me).
In here I got a nice dark and dry chocolate powder with creamy almost vanillay hazelnuts (very chocolover's esque') and something sharp/sparkly. It's a little bit strange but I actually interrupt this roughness to be a little bit like spicebomb or sort of gingery. Then I thought of gingerbiscuit from jo malone. The leather in here reminds me of vince camuto. The cedar adds a spicy/masculine element.
I guess this became an instant favorite for me because it instantly reminded me of all my favorites. In a way this fragrance really psyched me out, because when I first put it on my mind just went crazy connecting it to all these other smells I love. For me uomo is the ultimate chameleon fragrance but it's also it's own unique thing in a way.
This is at the top of my to buy list because I positively adore it. This would make a great sensual fragrance for me to use for evenings.

nafi33
nafi33

To my nose, it indeed smells similar to Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense. Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense have two characters, one is the 'lipsticky' side because of the iris, the other one is the smell of cocoa (or chocolate?). Valentino Uomo is that cocoa smell of DH/DHI.

xhost
xhost

@GoodVibrations - trust me, you haven't known Dior Homme yet. Why don't you get back to that, and then let us know later.

invaderlark
invaderlark

First Impressions: I just got back from trying this at Nordstroms; the opening is very similar to Dior Homme but then it changes. I tried it on skin and on the card. On the card it smells like Dior Homme for a while but on my skin it becomes super sweet. It still has a little bit of a dior homme smell but it's overpowered by this sweet syrup like smell. I think it's the chocolate and hazelnut. So far, I love the opening because it's like a ulta powerful Dior Homme but then fades into this overly sweet scent that I would have a hard time wearing in any weather past 70 degrees. I don't like it. The bottle is really stunning in person. It's heavy and has a great sprayer. I cannot comment on longevity or projection since I'm just now testing it.

joe38
joe38

The beginning is quite general and recalls other perfumes (Dior, Paul Smith), but
then come up with a sweet, dusty, but very pleasant, masculine aroma that is
cross in a long, long hours present in the skin and enchanting scent!
Unique phenomenon and a member of the Valentino suits series .............
The attracting glass shows that a notable content is at his disposal!!
The current one is a best purchase between fragrances!

abdulrahim_93
abdulrahim_93

I can smell a lot of Iris in this fragrance but it hasn't been mentioned. It is a lighter/sweeter version of Dior Homme. I like it though!

Nik604
Nik604

Smells like a fragrance store, so cheap achievement, although it is not that cheap. An extravagant bottle, but that's all...

khalifarid
khalifarid

Poor scent. It smelled better on a paper but when you spray it on your skin it smells very strong/sweet

omarilm1
omarilm1

It smells good but the silage and longevity is not that good I only get 3 hours

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

smells awesome my problem with it is that its way too light . at least on my skin, i wish it was stronger

GianGG
GianGG

Valentino, wich has nothing to do with the brand found by valentino garavani, was bought by a rich qatari family.
So they spent a lot of money in marketing for this fragrance.
When I smell it for the first time, it remembers me Dior homme, but dior homme is higer quality.
In valentino uomo there is a note of synthetic hazelnut quite unpleasant.
It's not a bad perfume, but I prefer Dior Homme.
3/5.

Vexel
Vexel

I got the chance to sample this really and cant say that I was that impressed. I'll be honest and say that I didn't give this one a chance to dry down. The top was enough to drive me off...

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks this because I often make strage associations with perfumes and colognes but to me this reminds me of the aroma of a big bowl of Lucky Charms. I would be interested to see how this one develops one day... on a woman.

jfr1974
jfr1974

This is good - yes there's a definite air of Dior Homme about it but it is much sweeter to begin with. In fact if you are like me and don't have a sweet tooth, you may struggle with this to begin with. My advice is to plough through to the 2nd hour. After the candied subsides, if you haven't gone into a diabetic coma you will find some lovely, balmy, powdery chocolate tones. Nice rubber notes blend well with the choc/hazelnut.

As many have said Valentino Uomo has many characteristics of DH; my take on it is that where DH had a "lipstick" quality, Valentino resembles more an expensive perfumed powder/make up. It isn't unique, however it is original and will no doubt smell different on different skins.

Gorgon71
Gorgon71

I had high hopes for this. The bottle makes a nice change from the usual offering for men. I understand the comparisons to Dior Homme, there are moments in the fragrance story i get notes of Dior, but this is wrapped in an aroma that I can old describe as "distilled old person" Musty, powdery with a hint of urine. I couldn't wait to scrub this off. On the plus side if you love it the longevity is above average.

mfeezy
mfeezy

I really like this. This is a nice cozy scent. Like a plush sweater or wrapping up in a blanket to watch tv. Bottle is outstanding. Only problem for me. It's spring here and I find this to be a fall/winter scent. By the time fall comes around again - I may want others or forget about it...

deja vu-gr

I sampled this one today on a paper strip but did not manage to impress me at all. Valentino where is the great scents that you offered to us in the past??
Where is the great V and the unique and marvelous Very?
I would like to give a second change to this fragrance one more time applied on my skin this time because i want to have a clearer opinion, so i am not going to vote for this one in a hurry.
Let's see but the first impression was bad cause i did not find it unique or outstanding at all keeping in mind all these great fragrances from the past of this huge fashion house with a great quality and luxury that offers.
I still have in my wardrobe a bottle of 100 ml(3.4 oz)of the Very for men and i keep it like a real and precious treasure.
To be continued......

binker
binker

Smells nice & the bottle is awesome but smells very similar to the new dior homme eau I already have.

Senzadite

A copy paste of Dior Homme...

RIYL: Dior Homme.

CGV

Its my 3rd comment on this and the reason is, that my admiration is just growing and growing. This release is surely one of the best that has been on the market recently. Effortless and elegant. After being a bit hasty with my first review, I at this stage have the opinion, that it DOES BRING something NEW to the market; A gourmand style fragrance which however is not gourmand. It takes the gourmand vibe into a new, much less cloying (in fact not at all cloying) direction playing effortlessly with the cedar & gianduija combo. Never too foody, never too powdery, but manly and soooo italian that you can fall in love with it! I did, after all:)

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

I tried it today and it's okay perfume but nothing compared to Dior Homme! I think it's very ungrateful to compare those two fragrances since Dior Homme came out several years ago and it is one of the most original and new fragrances! This is just bad copy IMO.

deyutzu90
deyutzu90

For sure the best new fragrance for spring 2014!!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

To real gauge if you like this frag you have to spray it on your skin and let stay for 2-4 hour's. I tried it 3x and now I find this juice AMAZING. In the first several hours I kinda get that Dior pour homme. After that it has a bold roasted coffee aroma with a sweet luxurious aroma.
When I return home my partner told me that whatever I'm wearing smells really good and she gave me a wink....you know :)))))))) The roasted coffee aroma mellowed and the sweet scent of chocolate and hazelnut together took on a real attractive powdery aroma almost close to Eros from Vercase.
This fragrance is more for fall/winter wear....it's too bad it wasn't lauched in the fall last year. Where I usually shop for new frag's the women showing the fragrance has had good responses and I was given a sampler to test it out and I enjoy it so I'll buy a bottle in the next two weeks
longevity and Silage are very high with a staying power of 6-9hrs.
Overall,
It's too bad so many have already given it two thumbs down....wait and try it a week later and keep an open mind, you might be able to enjoy this fragrance like I have now.
One last thing about this frag....it certainly doesn't smell like 500 other frag so it definitely has unique quality. Bravo Valentino for being daring for that this frag deserves 8.5-10....★★★★ For those who really enjoy this frag...Wear it with confidence it's a gem of a fragrance!!!!!!
UPDATE;
My partner went out and bought this frag yesterday and I wore it during dinner. Wow I never thought that this fragrance would have such a magnetic attraction. Even at work almost everyone has had a positive comment on how good I smelled. This juice has such SOPHISTICATED aroma which is one the best frag's that was launched this year.

Enye
Enye

I LOVE THIS. So much. Gosh. It's the best that is around at this moment. It's so deep, so mystique and so perfect. The only thing that I don't like about it is the bottle, I don't find it so beautiful. But I can forgive it. Notes are so good and tasty. First time I tried it, I had this really strong feeling that I would be in a super nice coffeehouse which has amazing baked rolls. This might sound not-so-manly, but it still is. I can't wait to purchase this to my man!

jozemo
jozemo

Slightly similar DIOR HOMME,but as it drys down on the skin,it stands on it own,as very sweet and creamy with a touch of wood, citrus and leather,the bottle design is worth collecting this fragrance,classy elegant and mature,I currently own a lot of samples of this edt,this one will get bought folks!

sdcga161
sdcga161

On last weekend's trip to Nordstrom to purchase Chanel's Antaeus and Egoiste, I received a sample of this, and I believe it's next on my to-buy list. There's nothing else in my perfume wardrobe that hits these interesting notes. I definitely see some similarities to DHI, but it's much sweeter. It also has a slight powdery note, which I normally frown upon but here, it fits very well. I can see where some folks might take a pass on it, but I think this is one of the more interesting scents I've encountered in some time. Well done!

CGV

REVISITED and realized that I WAS WRONG by juding to early. Even though its has clear similarities with Dior Homme and in itself isnt bringing anything new to the market, this Juice still has the potential to become an outstanding classic. Why? Because it radiates sophistication in a very italian manner. Extremely well crafted fragrance with amazing projection and very good longevity. Italian charm leaning a bit towards the feminine side with the bottle and the scent but it does so in a very cool manner, making it even more masculine. Intelligent and pure CLASS!

$$
$$

I agree wit GoodVibrations this is better than DH!Damn! I did not anticipate this too be this damn good.It seems that Oliver Polge combined Spice Bomb,Dior Homme,Midnight in Paris and Ferragamo Black to create this 1.

CGV

why oh why? help me please understand WHY! I actually do understand of course, it just hurts.... In a world more & more generic and mass production related, individual styles and trends disappear. Dont get me wrong this fragrance is very nice and of whispering elegance BUT its like a 1000 others. Why does nobody have the balls to release something special, outstanding and groundbreaking. I tried this today at the same time as the new Lagerfeld release and almost started to cry, its all so damm generic.

mshilov
mshilov

Sweeter and softer 'gourmand' version of Dior Homme - not so original, but very pleasant and long lasting. The scent, the bottle, the colour of the juice match each other perfectly. Sexy invader in a chic 'armoured' outfit.

fenxx
fenxx

Unfortunately, it resembles Dior Homme in the mid and dry down. It's not as clean in the opening as Dior Homme - I didn't like the first couple minutes of this. Also, to be honest - it's rather annoying that a prestigious name in fashion such as Valentino has copied a unique and innovative fragrance, put it in a fancy bottle just to make money.

Not a bad fragrance - but Dior Homme is smoother, cleaner and just better.

dogmom
dogmom

After a loooong research of notes in men's fragrances, and waiting for Valentino Uomo to come to our local Nordstrom, I bought it for my husband. He is allergic to lavender, and I had my own list of what notes I didn't want to smell on him, so the options are narrowed down. We tested it out first, then I bought it.
This is a marvelous fragrance for him. Suffice to say that I have asked him NOT to use it for the office!!!! Only for "us"! Elegant, inviting, not overpowering, and "snuggly", if that is an allowable term.
I looked into the fragrances to which it is compared. I confess it is the newbie in me that doesn't understand, since those have totally different notes than this fragrance. Doesn't matter, we both love it!

Marciu
Marciu

Well, I do get why people smell similarities to Dior Homme, especially during first 5 minutes while this lasts. But to me they're totally different in general.

Yes, I thought : smells similar indeed! I guess it's chocolate-like vibe. But as I said it lasts max. 5 minutes.

In fact, this fragrance is a clone of Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men (without citrus and mint) with sillage toned up.

On my skin it's a mix of hazelnuts and coffee. The only thing that differs it from VI for Men is that VU doesn't have that sparkling, uplifting citrus in front of the fragrance. Later on they get VERY similar to me. It's that much similar that I can say it could be a replacement of Very Irresistible for Men for some people.

As I've said: I like it, but it's nothing new.

Overall longevity is about 10 hours, sillage is good during first two, then gets close to skin.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Ok people should stop comparing this to dior homme.Im not a fan of dior and comparing valentino to dior is a disgrace.Valentino is more refined and has more character than dior...To me valentino is a bit more close to versace eros.Its what versace eros REALLY wanted to be.Its a young,sweet,sexy scent mostly for a night out...The drydown is simply amazing a little boozy rather than caccao or coffee thats listed in the ingredients.
Projection is not good nor bad and after 1 hour it becomes a skin scent,thats why its more appropriate for night.Longetivity seems good its been 5 hours since i tested and is still here not fainted at all..The bottle also is simply STUNNING.
Overall score:8/10

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Better than Dior Homme. There - I said it.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Another clone of Dior Homme. Designers really need to start doing their own thing instead of imitating each other.

With that being said, I think this fragrance is OK. It opens up with a sweet chocolatey smell that kind of reminds me of Nutella. It then dries down to a sweeter and less floral Dior Homme. I'm a bit sick of all the sweet fragrances that are coming out these days.

I love DH, but because of all the clones out there it's starting to become a bit generic. Honestly, what the hell? Are designers really that lame that they can't make their own unique products?

harlemmal

Its strange I smell what seems to raspberries or strawberry with the intital spray. I agree with AmoreProfumi about similarities

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This is a thumbs up release by Valentino, tested it @ Nordies, loved it on the paper so I did the skin test && loved it even more. It reminds me of something else, no one else thinks so even though but I think men's armani diamonds a bit, It borderlines unisex so I could see women wearing this just as well as a man.

I get a slight powdery-ness upon first spray, which I find myself liking the initial spray over the dry down, The longevity && sillage are both very good. I think it be well suited to wear in the fall up till spring, very versatile scent, It's smooth && not super strong so I can see it being safe as an everyday scent, a suit && tie scent or a special occasion or night on the town. && the bottle I think is very nice has a good quality feel to it, && it's simple && elegant looking && matches the scent. Any who, very nice scent, not nothing really ground breaking-ly unique but still it has something that makes it special && very worthy of owning. Give it a try.! :)

Overall: 8/10

harlemmal

Just bought this from Nordstrom and it smells very good. Not great but very nice. I can see the comparison to Dior Homme but to me I can smell Paco's black xs and Armani Diamonds.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I was really looking forward to this one, but unfortuntely the anticipation proved to be the best thing about this fragrance. It has a boozy, warm scent that soon develops into something that reminds me of raw butcher shop beef mince. A huge no from me, but I think it's just a chemistry thing.

I also have to mention the bottle. It does look great in the pics but I felt it looked rather budget in reality. The glass just looks cheap. I really think it's time I just avoided these major releases altogether. Disappointment is becoming a regular thing.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I just got a bottle of this (gift) and I really like it. Definitely unisex. It's warm and yummy. It does remind me a lot of Dior Homme or Shalimar Inital, but the people that said it smells like La Vie Est Belle need to get their nose checked. I can't imagine any world or dimension where this scent smells anything like La Vie Est Belle. It's got a prominent coffee bean/cacao/dark chocolate vibe, a hint of nut (I don't think the nut is as prominent as the notes reflect) and a slight woody, leathery feel. Although it lacks the iris and "lipstick" notes of Dior Homme and Shalimar Initial, I think if you like those two, you will like this one. I can see a man or woman wearing it, although it's more masculine than Dior Homme. The sillage and longevity are about average.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Valentino grabbed my attention with hazelnut, coffee, chocolate and mmmm leather - delicious.

In the past scents with chocolate have turned to a burnt chocolate cake note on my skin, not this one.

It reminds me a little of Shalimar, maybe the leather?

So pleased I purchased and a beautiful bottle too.

Would suggest this for males and females.

However, the all over shower gel has a slightly different, more masculine scent in my opinion.

Bravo Valentino!

Marli1973
Marli1973

This scent is very Unisex.
Beautiful bottle, delicious smell.
Oh god I have to have this one as well.x

lalelu

This scent is very female.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

this scent is as original as my review...dior homme but toned down...

kaysee
kaysee

Ok... :/
It's Christian Dior Homme, by Valentino.
That's it. (a bit more toned down version of CDH)
If you already have CD, don't bother with that one.

The bottle is amazing tho.

drelovesit
drelovesit

My first fragrance review... Just bought this yesterday at Nordstrom (US) and I'am in love with it. The bottle is stunning and the fragrance is beautiful and very elegant. Very long lasting on my skin as well. This will become my signature scent!

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is a very classy and elegant fragrance! I can imagine a handsome man in a tailored suit wearing this. It is sweet, but not too sweet and very,very sexy. This definitely has a magnetic effect on me. So gentlemen, if you want to attract the ladies, this is the one to go for. I would definitely follow this trail. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and totally fits the fragrance. 10/10 from me!

daveysis
daveysis

First spotted the bottle....diffrent and cool looking,juice inside is really good and a lovely smell,lasts a long time on my skin.
No Iris in this so diffrent to Dior Homme to me.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Great great fragrance. Tried it at a duty free store but due to being late to my flight couldn't purshace it.

Starts of like Dior Homme with the leather note right off. A lot of people will hate me now because: I don't like Dior Homme. The only one I like is Dior Homme Cologne 2013. I mean, the burst of leather smell is too muchm I don't like smelling like a leather couch.

But this one is a slighter version of it. It actually reminds me of Banana Republic Wildblue Noir. And the bottle os awesome.

Overall: 8/10

AngelRock77

Dior Homme in a different bottle with a different name.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I just saw Valentino Uomo at a profumeria and the bottle is gorgeous, just like the picture above! I heard it was similar to Dior Homme and even the box reminds me of Dior Homme.. So I sprayed it on a card and immediately saw the similarity to Dior Homme.. Valentino Uomo smells like a fresher version of Dior Homme with myrtle, hazelnut and chocolate and other notes instead of the lipstick smelling iris & cocoa combo.. Very nice! From first sniff it smelled very nice!

Psicopatico85
Psicopatico85

Valentino Uomo best fragrance of the year 2014

Smell: 10/10
Sillage: 8/10
durable: 8/10

Ps: This is not similar to Dior homme (the lipstick for men)

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I always imagined the bottle as a fully round one... It turned out to be oblong... lol! Really nice bottle btw!

The scent however is also as nice as the bottle. I sprayed, I smelled and I instantly thought... Oh no!! This is going to be another sweet perfume done in a similar way as all the other ones. A perfume that won't stand out from the croud.

It was sweet... Sweet with a touch of grounded coffee... Sweet with a hazelnut chocolate heart... I waited and I was rewarded big! This scent turned out to be really gorgeous on me. It sure brings memories of DH but the drydown was a completely different fragrance! I catch whiffs of chocolate, coffee and nuts... A real gourmet scent with a sweet bite to it! A real dark chocolate hazelnut smell... Sexy and strong, this scent also boasts a really good quality in it. The first 15 minutes this scent projects like an atomic bomb, but on the drydown it becomes more subtle with a moderate projection. The longevity is just great.

On a side note... I am wearing DHI today with this scent tested on my hand... They smell nothing in common... They are both gourmand/sweet but each one has defining charcter for it! DHI is still better however but Valentino Uomo is a really great fragrance by itself!

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

Tested this today, it smells like Dior Homme for the first few hours and eventually transforms in to Paco Rabanne's Black XS.
Not bad at all, but I already own those two fragrances so there's not much point in me buying this.
Longevity is good but not great - several hours.
Decent Projection as well and the bottle looks fantastic.

6.5/10 from me.

Vaggelis_Adam
Vaggelis_Adam

My woman loves it.. Every woman loves to smell it on a man.. When i saw the ingredients i was dissapointed.. but it smells great.. I love it and i am wearing it very easy in any occasion.. Great scent (like every Valentino masculline scent) ! Masterpiece

TMJG
TMJG

A very promising opening which falls apart and turns into generic "men's fragrance" mush.

Robdonga
Robdonga

Valentino Uomo takes the dusty chocolate note from the top of Dior Homme Intense (sans the 'lipstick' note) and the soft, coffee-tinged dry-down from Ralph Lauren Polo Red.
There are also shades of Givenchy Play Intense in this fragrance.

One Spray on the back of my hand has lasted 4 hours, so far.
Projection is moderate, at this stage.

The bottle is solid, heavy glass. It looks and feels like a quality fragrance.

Compliments received, so far, include the words "delicious" and "sophisticated".

Fragrance: 8/10
Bottle: 8.5/10

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

If you're expecting it to smell like its ingredients, you'll be disappointed. I wasn't, since I just stumbled across it yesterday in a shop without prior knowledge of the notes. I found it rather difficult to pin down.

It doesn't smell as obviously gourmand as say "Angel", which practically slams your face into a fudge cake. The chocolate and hazelnut in "Uomo" provide a warmth rather than a taste, and the the sweetness is quite subtle. Only occassionally did I catch whisps of bitterness from the coffee. The drydown was completely dominated by cedar and as a result smelled rather generic.

Overall, this airs more on the 'diet' side of the gourmand category. More perfumey than foody and also quite ambiguous. If I was blindfolded I would have called it a woman's scent, at least until the cedar kicked in, and then I would've just called it boring.

Jelliott
Jelliott

Tested it today in House of Fraser, nice but certainly nothing too special.

Defiantly can smell the comparison with DH but would never consider purchasing this over it or DHI.

apointofsmell
apointofsmell

Actually you need tons of imagination (which isn't always a bad thing in perfumery) to smell coffee, chocolate and praline in this. I d' say take Dior Homme, add a blurred sweet gourmand note and a touch of suede and there you have it : Valentino Uomo. Not bad at all but definitely not original. Amazing bottle by the way.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Been given a spritz today in a London department store and my first reaction is positive.
I don't agree with the DIOR Homme comparisons at all for there is neither Iris nor that lipstick theme, which make DIOR Homme so unique.

UOMO is very dense, according to the sales person, it contains "praline" note (hazelnut chocolate), coffee and myrtle (or did she say myhrr). It strikes me as a bittersweet leather story: perhaps they have used Starbucks' old leather armchairs and couches that recently got ripped out all over Europe to make way to the new designs and layouts?

To me it reminds me a bit of a fusion between GUCCI Homme I (2003) and Tierry Mugler's AMEN Pure Coffee.

All in all a very sophisticated, elegant, dense, gourmand modern leather scent (that should have been launched in Autumn instead of spring!).

Surprisingly good and yummy! But sadly for me launched at the wrong time of the year.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Yes, it's extremely similar to Dior Homme, but this is a good thing in my book. Where it differs though, is that it maybe has a little more nuttiness and cocoa, with less of the "powdery" notes found in Dior Homme.

It's really quite lovely. Soft and elegant, but also persistent.

The bottle, which I thought looked quite tacky in the promo shots, looks much, much better in reality.

If you like your men's fragrances to smell sophisticated and elegant, you should definitely give this a try.

Yes!!! This fragrance is great. At long last something new and brave in the designer realm. In a week where Burberry Brit Rhythm has been being pushed to death by sales assistants this new release is a welcome relief.
When I received a sample of Valentino Uomo the other day I wasn't holding out much hope of it being any good and was pleasantly suprised.
More than just a gourmand this fragrance has depth, opening with an amazing fresh bergamot that lasts quite a while which is then joined by a creamy dark vanilla/patchouli type vibe. Then one of the clearest coffee notes I've ever smelled although it doesn't last long until becoming like an sweet creamy almond in the drydown but still surrounded by other dark notes like even a slight liqourice.
It reminds me of a few fragrances Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, AdP Mandorlo di sicilia, and Dior Eau noire.
Oh just to speak to the Dior Homme vibe...it's definitely there! I distinctly smelled 'Lipstick' at one point which in and of itself was not like DH but the 'make up' smell is an obvious association.
What an achievement this is after all that sensational gourmand type stuff and fresh italian Adp style citrus comes a sumptuous leather drydown which is creamy and a bit buttery/nutty...amazing!
Longevity is excellent, projection is moderate but I think that's a good thing as it could get too much for some after a while.
The bottle is pretty ridiculous in my opinion but I'll say this ...it's flamboyant and unique especially for a mans wardrobe.
Valentino Uomo is full of surprises and restores my faith in trying to sniff everything new that comes out in the hopes it will be a gem.

Beaufort
Beaufort

Firstly, I just don't get all the comparisons to Dior Homme. This fragrance does not contain the lipstick/ powdery make-up note that Dior Homme has. I do find this similar to Spicebomb, but much more interesting and made with higher quality ingredients.
This concept has been done many times before in recent years, so it's not groundbreaking, but the drydown on this is so much classier than all those other recent efforts.

biscoff
biscoff

Marvelous, edible scent. I loved it. It is quite sexy and wearable aroma that exudes class and luxury. Well done!
As I see some reviewers find it feminine - I do not share this opinion.

I can't stop sniffing my wrist!!!

Scent ★★★★★
Silage ★★★★
Longevity ★★★★
Bottle presentation ★★★★★
OVERALL ★★★★

hedward
hedward

Tried this baby today. It opens up rather green with straight up hazelnut. Dries down to a more chocolatey version of pre-formula Dior Homme. The similarity is actually so great I propably wouldn't even notice if someone wore VU or DH. Valentino Uomo is perhaps a fraction sweeter and leans more towards gourmand due to the coffee/hazelnut/chocolate combo. Also the lack of patchouly and vetiver makes this much more feminine - great for women who love DH on themselves!

Overall this is an amazing fragrance BUT it's a DH carbon copy so I wasn't really impressed since I had smelt it all before. Maybe this a formula which was among the original Dior Homme candidates.

!!_Amazing bottle_!!

x2

Overall score 76/100

hautegaunt
hautegaunt

I agree this falls somewhere between Dior Homme/Spicebomb. Had a friend get this for me in Germany since it is not yet available in the United States. Very long lasting with mild sillage, a bit spicy and powdery. Nice scent, not harsh or overpowering.

Loifeel
Loifeel

...violet opening, after 5 minutes of similarity with Dior Homme, it becomes Spicebomb, very ugly, very chemical, then, after 2-3 hours just feel a cloying smell of ambery air freshener for home.
I don't think this is a good perfume.

ultraviolettt
ultraviolettt

I would never say this bottle is a men's perfume ! curious about it, still

Molko
Molko

Similar to Dior Homme (only top note), but not the same, for me Dior is so much more special, this Valentino is sophisticated, unisex, soft, easy to wear, sweet cacao-nutty scent. Sillage is low, but stays close to the skin about 7-8 hours.
Smell: 10/10
Sillage: 4/10
Lasting: 9/10

antonpan
antonpan

Could you imagine there is something more feminine in the masculine perfumery than Dior Homme? Valentino Uomo is that case.

9 years after creation of Dior Homme Olivier Polge crafted its modern version. It starts somewhat in the middle of DH and DHI: not so carrot-y as DH but not so sweet as DHI. Then the scent becomes fruitier, cheaper and less sophisticated and suddenly begins to remind of... womens Lancome La Vie Est Belle, also done by Polge. It seems that hazelnut+chocolate note in Valentino Uomo = praline in La Vie Est Belle. Taking into consideration the feminine bottle, I'm hesitating Valentino Uomo is truly mens release.

Uomo is quite pricey, and it is better to buy Dior Homme. However I'm sure some of you will love the new Valentino.

lalelu

its also very similar to rochas, same performance issues ( becomes skin scent very early ) and almost same drydown..

lovetribe

very sweet.too for me and too gourmand.
but a parfum elegant for special night.

lovetribe

very sweet.too for me and too gourmand.
but a parfum elegant for special night.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

.suddenly i put my hands on this .First of all ,very beautiful bottle maybe the best in the last months ,this new Polge creation is a very interesting composition a la dior homme intense ,less iris lipstick nuanced and more hazelnut chocolatey incentred expecially in his drydown ,it's not feminine, neither macho oriented , but totally unisex as a nowadays modern gourmand frag .projection and sillage are quite good .definitely something to add in every perfumes collector

7.5/10

lalelu

tested this one few days ago. very poor sillage and longevity ( 1-2 hours ). scent is ok, nothing new, smells very feminine( prob. due the choclate note )

matsilversurfer
matsilversurfer

Polge gives to Valentino a lingering scent, very similar to Dior Homme, maybe less warm (the lipstick note is less intense), less gourmand, but really good..

nonsisa
nonsisa

After Dior Homme and Midnight in Paris another perfume in the same line from Olivier Polge. As it has been said before it opens up just like Dior Homme but later develops a little different due to the fact that vanilla/cacao is missing. This is built around the chocolate note.

If you're not that into gourmands or already have Dior Homme you might want to skip this as it is pretty on the sweet side.

All in all its a well made scent.

uchini
uchini

it's in spain.

I have bought for 34 € only. so it's a good deal and cheap fragance.

the bottle is the best I ever seen, by far. Better than Amouage's.

The juice itself it's really nice. It's powdery, a bit similar to Dior Homme, but in the drydown it's sweeter.

Only 34€ and for the bottle and the juice it is a very very cheap fragance and I like it a lot

Gault
Gault

The opening is indeed like Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense without that much vanilla, but later develops into something else Ive smellt before, Im not sure, maybe Armani Diamonds, I havent smellt that in a while, I could be wrong. Maybe one of the Givenchy Very Irresistibles.
Also reminds me of the drydown of Versace Eros, but not that loud and chocolate instead of cotton candy.
Not the most unique fragrance but worth looking into.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A lovely beginning for designer perfumes in 2014. Valentino Uomo has the opening notes like Dior Homme: powder, dusty. That does sounds sad, cause I realize that nowadays, any male pragrances want to smell good will be a Dior Homme clone. After 20 minutes, Uomo starts showing its own character: younger, more attractive, and quite romantic. It gets sweeter, boozy with a soft touch of leather.I think the scent itself has nothing new or special, but it smells enjoyable, and quite unisex. The bottle looks catchy, a little feminin. With Valentino Uomo, I hope designer perfume will have a new better year.

thomasdegrave

one spray on my wrist and I can still smell it after 6 hours!

junior halston
junior halston

That bottle is beautiful and want it just for that

thomasdegrave

I got a sneak preview today at the perfumery I work for and on my skin it smells almost the same as Dior Homme. It's a little more sweeter. I still really like it!

luiscampuzano
luiscampuzano

this fragrance is absolutely delicious.
actually i already have my hands on one of the 3.4 oz bottles, its one of the most beautiful bottles i have seen in a very long time.
this will be released in the US part of nordstrom as an exclusive in april 2014, everywhere else starting august 2014.

Zerrax
Zerrax

Friday I was the Valentino flagship store in Milano and
asked about this new fragrance.
It was unfortunately not for sale yet, the premiere will be next month during the Fashion Week
I'm realy looking forward to smell this parfume!

deja vu-gr

Sounds gourmand and tasty,i am very qurious to see how it works on skin.
Mr.Polge is one of the best perfumers and Valentino one of the best fashion house with huge tradition to launch unique perfumes so the result i am sure will be respectable.Very anticipated indeed.
The bottle is a piece of art no doubt!!

edge42
edge42

Everything from the bottle, to the notes, to the Valentino house and the perfumer Olivier Polge behind this release makes me want it! Highly anticipated...

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

i know it's not right to vote is this ok or not!but i think that the notes sounds great!!i think that i'll like it!can't wait to test!hope to be soon in 2014!!!

Legolas
Legolas

How in the earth you can vote on longevity and projection??!!!!.. this frag will be released 2014 in EU and 2015 in USA!!!!!!!

swoon
swoon

i have to wait til 2015?! valentino r u kidding me?!

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

@Fragrancesomm, I couldnt agree with you more on the bottle. I also dont know what all this discussion about the bottle not being masculine enough is all about. What is masculine for them? The bottle has no flowers, isnt pink or anything. Its just a fine created glass bottle. I surely would buy the fragrance Just because of the bottle. And about the notes, I guess I can´t even begin to explain how excited I am.

cologneking
cologneking

VERY ANXIOUSLY AWAITING FOR THIS ONE!!! GORGE BOTTLE and the notes read very interesting and DELICIOUS!

juanma

Lujosa botella aunque de lineas no tan masculinas. Espero probar esto algún día. Lo mas pronto posible.

scribs
scribs

i need this in my life NOW... the simple description has my mouth watering

Senzadite

Sounds great!!! i love the bottle!!!

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I wonder how people can vote for notes while it´s not even released?

Well.. It´s years ago till I had a Valentino perfume (Very Valentino, which was discontinued) but this one may be interesting, if the Bergamot is not to strong.
A pitty it will still take so much time, till it finally will get on the market

missan
missan

The bottle sure doesn´t look much 'Uomo'

kenney77

Awesome bottle can't wait to try it the notes sound very good

jonr951
jonr951

Love it! Love everything about it! I'm BEYOND looking forward to this!!! : )

Valentino Uomo by Valentino 4.06 out of 5 based on 395 ratings and 190 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Valentino Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Valentino Valentino Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Valentino Uomo by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Valentino Uomo by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.