Designers » T-Z » Leather « Groups

Vendetta Uomo Valentino for men

Vendetta Uomo Valentino for men
dislike

Vendetta Uomo by Valentino is a Leather fragrance for men. Vendetta Uomo was launched in 1991. The nose behind this fragrance is Edouard Flechier. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, green notes, basil, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and geranium; base notes are labdanum, leather, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin and oakmoss.

Aldehydes Coriander Green Notes Basil Bergamot Lemon

Patchouli Cinnamon Jasmine Vetiver Cedar Geranium

Labdanum Leather Tonka Bean Amber Musk Benzoin Oakmoss

Italian Cypress
Halston Z14

Vendetta Uomo Fragrance Reviews

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

I became acquainted with Vendetta in the distant fall of '93. Cool Water had already flooded the market and CK One was around the corner, so, needless to say, I did not have the nose nor the right context to appreciate it.
I recently rediscovered Vendetta again, and like many beautiful creations of the time (Zino, Versus, etc) I have been been able to give the juice its proper respect.
This stuff is niche nowadays. You r greeted first by aldehydes, mint and a very subtle jasmine. And then, the magic happens. The combination of leather, labdanum and oak moss creates one bitter, but absolutely beautiful juice. You truly experience the potency of fhe labdanum/oakmoss union, in a way that is truly unthinkable nowadays. The juice smells borderline incensey. A point of reference is AG Sables, but they r by no means similar. It is fresh in a way that is not understood now, it's potent but discreet at the same time, it is simply a beautiful juice that I am happy I rediscovered.
Smell great my friends.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Valentino Vendetta pour Homme is a sophisticated leather fougère with an aromatic citrus-floral heart, more or less of the same league of Dior’s Jules and Ted Lapidus pour Homme, but slightly more floral and resinous, and also both smokier on one side, and fresher on the other. A sophisticated dark gem with a really refined feel of smoky sweat and austere “manliness”, yet not overly dry or “gloomy”, rather showing a really pleasant gentler side. Flechier composed this, and you can smell that; Vendetta pour Homme falls definitely on the classy, elegant, mature, “luxury” side - so don’t think of any younger, bolder (and tackier, most of the times) powerhouses. The blend is intense, but not loud or heavy – actually it is way more discreet than most of similar old-school leathers. Flechier was able to infuse a bright, discreet feel which really elevates the quality of Vendetta. Mature stuff which could have been easily a Chanel or a Dior, just with an Italian added value – the smoky-leathery dark “austerity” of other Italian fragrances of that unsurpassed golden era (Krizia, Moschino etc.). Nothing groundbreaking, but a mandatory stop for all fans of the genre.

7,5-8/10

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

3,5 from 5 - A round composition with some dark citrus, cypress, cinnamon and oakmoss, always liked it. Vendetta, like its "brother Halston Z-14", simultaneously works spicy and round, and some more aromatic than Z-14, slightly less fresh than Z-14. They should relaunch Vendetta, but please with the original recipe.

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

speziata, intensa, orientale e una notevole imposizione delle note ambrate. una fragranza complessa e completa, . non e comparabile con nessun altra essenza, unica come solo la maison Valentino sa fare

I agree with those who view this as a smoother version of Z-14, at least once you get to the drydown. This is also lighter than I thought it would be, which is fine in this case (and may be preferable). A wood note provides an incense-like quality (along with some other notes involved, obviously). It's not too musky and it's just got a touch of sweetness. Overall, it's a complex scent that is of the period (in particular, the lavender, oakmoss, and geranium). What you get here is a gentler presentation of that kind of scent, without anything lost in the process, so if that's what you want, try to sample this one at least.

Adamantw
Adamantw

Oriental Gold, 5/5. Really a PowerHouse Masterpiece, Vendetta makes me always HAPPY.

Peegore
Peegore

Oooh, I was very nervous when I first wore this publicly! I was due to spend an evening over at the girlfriends, and had applied a few squirts here and there. Half an hour later, just before I set off, I was aware this was radiating in warm waves, yet worried that it might be greeted with a "Phew...which 70's Burt Reynolds film were YOU a body double in!!!"

As it happened, she took one whiff, and proclaimed "Hmm... is that the one with the dark brown bottle? I really like that one." By the way, she was talking about my YSL M7.

But she had a point. The dominating aroma to me ( and to her seemingly ) was a warm incense accord, akin to the agarwood of M7, that pervades the mid to late life of Vendetta. Yes it opens with a bitter, almost sour spiced orange blast, but this fades down to the leathery incense that is the beauty of this offering.

Vendetta is deeply rooted in the older school of mens cologne-ialism, but in itself distills all that was good about powerful man-fragrances back in the day, and offers a wonderful, rich, warm potion all served up in a great oil lamp syle flask. Ace.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

I got a miniature a year ago, at first application I was totally disappointed and somewhat sickened. I'm not kidding, maybe it's a bad batch/bottle but it smelled to me like the acrid smokey smell of recently heated solder. Solder, the soft metal that easily melds components in electrical equipment.

I'm actually afraid to try it again and risk getting that headache inducing smell into my nose.

Sorry, I would not recommend this.

missan
missan

This is really lovely stuff. I have an old bottle don´t know if reformulated afterwards. Most similar I know of would be vintage Dunhill.

Slightly similar also to vintage Gucci pour homme.

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

This was my 1st and worst experience with Valentino, 1992 at the beginning you can smell the Geranium and the Amber but as its developed it become too Tonka & Vetiver, the fragrance is too bold too heavy ended up by giving me a headache, not for average age or young men, only for winter maybe for those who like the strong Vetiver / Amber scents, ( My personal opinion, This is a failure, and I don't recommend it for any one)

Stefan
Stefan

Compare the notes to Halston Z-14.
This one is sweeter from the Aldehydes.
I prefer this to the Halston.
Best as an aftershave, got compliments though.

ticalau
ticalau

euuu... this bottle for men's?!? sooo feminine... dono nothing about the fragrance but... i wouldint buy this not in a million years! :(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Vendetta Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Valentino Vendetta Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vendetta Uomo by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vendetta Uomo by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.