Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Very Valentino for Men Valentino for men

Very Valentino for Men Valentino for men
dislike

Very Valentino for Men by Valentino is a Oriental fragrance for men. Very Valentino for Men was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont. Top notes are nutmeg, coriander, sage and anise; middle notes are carnation, lavender, caraway, tobacco and brazilian rosewood; base notes are resin, sandalwood, amber, musk and cedar.

Nutmeg Coriander Sage Anise

Carnation Lavender Caraway Tobacco Brazilian Rosewood

Resin Sandalwood Amber Musk Cedar

24 Go Dark

Very Valentino for Men Fragrance Reviews

usas
usas

I have smelled Very Valentino homme for the first time today!
One spray on my wrist.

The bottle was kind of old and not kept very well, so the topnotes were pretty much gone.
Very Valentino is a generic men's fragrance. A tad bit fresh and fruity.
The drydown resembles By by D&G: the same semi-sweet, almost cloying sandalwood like glow. Very Valentino is a bit greener.

When I come to think of it, Very Valentino is D&G By Man meets Hugo Boss Elements (the original).

Actually I like it.

nicovalentino
nicovalentino

loved this perfume.. soo... me... :D
Can't get a hold of it anymore, so sad.

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Such a great fragrance! Soft, slightly powdery, yet a hint of musk. Only concern I have is longevity. Projection fades and it becomes a skin scent....this is all contingent upon how many sprays distributed to oneself.....

bmax17
bmax17

Have you ever encountered a fragrance that you felt was designed especially for you? I did, and Very Valentino is it. I have received more compliments wearing this by both women and men than any other fragrance I've ever worn. I mean, enthusiastic compliments. I love the entire pyramid of this gem. It defines what a classy, distinguished gentleman smells like. It's conservative enough to be worn to the office although it smells best in the fall/winter as an evening fragrance. The dry down is phenomenal. It lasts on my skin for 8-12 hours although the projection only lasts about 4. Whenever I need a pick me up, I smell the crease of my elbow, which is one area where I spray it and it enhances my mood every time. It puts me in a 'zen' head space. The tobacco, cedar, sandalwood and amber at the base of this gem is absolute heaven. This fragrance shares a distinct likeness to Dolce & Gabbana By for men. I own them both. By is a bit sweeter but the dry down on both smell almost identical. Of course, both Very Valentino and By have been discontinued and are both being sold online for ungodly prices. Fortunately, I found a seller on ebay years ago that sold 3 tester bottles of VV for $33 total and I probably bought all they had so I have a small back stock. I also have 2 bottles of By. I'm almost afraid to use either fragrance, except on special occasions because I refuse to pay $150+ per bottle, when I used to pay $11 per tester. I've read that some people are not fans of the top notes on this one, although I find them mesmerizing. The mid notes and base notes cannot be beat. Woody oriental at it's finest. Valentino needs to strongly consider bringing this one back. But I guess it was never a top seller and it's all about the almighty dollar!

loischanricky
loischanricky

Perhaps this is one of the best bottle in the Valentino male fragrance collection.
Top note is not so charming, but please wait until it gets to the middle and the base (the good new is, middle and base can last at least 6 to 8 hours, or even longer).
Top notes are very "typical" for a male perfume, you know, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, lavender, blah blah blah...

Middle notes become very interesting, I can smell the acidity of rosewood, though I would say this is a very different rosewood comparing with Chanel Egoiste (the black cap).
I tested this bottle with a testing strip, when I moved the strip like I was fanning a fan, I could smell a very light tobacco note combining with some powdery scent( guess it's from the carnations).
The base is "very creamy, sweet and warm" at the same time, basically it is the combination of sandalwood, amber and resin.

My favourite parts, no need to say, are the middle and base, and these two parts tell you that this bottle has the strong and obvious Italian style. Confident, a little bit cocky (but not annoying at all) at a point, with an interesting way showing oneself.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Very Valentino is an extremely compelling, refined and classic – almost old-school - fragrance for men, excelling both in quality and class. It is sadly discontinued and seems pricey these days, I won’t take the responsibility to encourage you to spend too much for this (it’s really good for me, but not a masterpiece) but if you happen to find some nice deals, then it’s worth it, even blind. At first it may resemble to many other masculine designers from the late 1990s-early 2000s, as the bolder initial notes are basically sandalwood, lavender, resins and something slightly floral on the “dark” greenish side (carnation), so think of a sort of sweet-aromatic Oriental blend mostly centered on woods and lavender – like many others, as I said. But at the same time, a couple of features make it clear there’s much more, and more unique, going on; first, the quality of the materials seems to me decidedly higher than in the average mainstreams. It’s hard to explain why, it’s a matter of richness, texture, nuances which are most of the times completely absent in cheaper concoctions. It’s that same fulfilling feel many vintages give you, contrary to the boring flatness of many contemporary scents. Then, I think the composition is really accurate and clever, if not almost outstanding: the notes smell clear, neat, quality, some of them are even contrasting yet the blend is impressively tight and consistent. Dark and refined, but also sweet and gentle. Discreetly safe, but unique. One of those (rare) scents you can wear and forget about them, or keep sniffing them to enjoy nuances and transitions – something you can’t really do with cheap stuff.

Sweet, almost “candied” ambery resins brilliantly give weight and warmth to a really enjoyable and breezy top accord of aromatic herbs, something minty-anisic, the bitter-floral greenness of carnation, the masculine whiff of classic lavender enhanced by sage. Dark and bright, classic but modern. Tobacco is a key note here, and for once it’s a really crisp and substantial “real” tobacco note, leafy and earthy, the mellow, dry, “virile” aroma of grounded tobacco (and not that idiotic, juvenile sweet nonsense so many “tobacco” fragrances are entirely based on). Probably the best mainstream tobacco note I’ve ever experienced. The drydown comprises an amazing transition towards a darker, earthier blend more centered on mellow amber, lavender, a (quite conventional) musky base, smooth dry woods (something really aromatic and slightly exotic, part sandalwood and part something else I can’t detect) and tobacco. Even if the notes are different, I keep thinking of Gérard Anthony style, especially Azzaro pour Homme and Cristobal Homme by Balenciaga, with also some connections with vintage Hermès Equipage. I think there’s quite something in common with all of them (probably tobacco and the masculine aromatic-anisic fougère notes of lavender and sage). By Man by D&G? Sure a bit of that too, incomparably better here. Full support, and shame on Valentino for discontinuing this. And now for the bad news... The persistence is a bit crap. It doesn’t last that long, and it is quite a skin scent. But this is sophisticated mature stuff to enjoy intimately, so that fits the style of the fragrance. Recommended!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

It's been a long while since I owned this one, bought a shed load of samples, just to see if it's as I remembered it. I hate that they've discontinued it, yes it is as I remembered and more. A beautiful sandalwood/lavender mix, I wish I had appreciated fragrances more years ago, and had the sense to stock up on the ones I loved, before discontinuations and nasty reformulations.
The initial spritz is almost fruity sandalwood, then it quickly dries down to a gorgeous warm woody amber floral. I absolutely love it, to me this fragrance is still highly relevant today. Great fragrance.

smellavision
smellavision

Very classy & sophisticated! I can see that this fragrance takes quite a beating around the net, but to me it's just a great gentlemans smell - not loud, but refined. The herbal opening with sage & nutmeg is followed by a smoooth pipe tobacco and after about an hour the drydown with sandalwood and amber kicks in. It can seem slightly synthetic for a short while, but once I get into the vibe, I hardly notice. Thumbs up.

CGV
CGV

Brilliant stuff! A Classic! Extremely sophisticated, its not acting as a perfume but rather as your second skin. Smooth, warm, spicy yet fresh, optimistic, manly, sexy and confident. Masterpiece, in my Top 3!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Well I finally got a little sample of this.. I had been so curious about Very Valentino for the longest time.. The notes sounded beautiful and intrigued me.. Well I squirted it on and found out what a beatiful fragrance this really is.. I have no idea why it gets horrible reviews all over the internet.. It is another relative to By Man by Dolce & Gabbana, as the two are very similar.. Very Valentino does have its differences and its own personality though but the two are very very similar.. The projection and longevity is moderate, kind of soft but it smells amazing! I really like this a lot.. I will wear more of this sample and update later..

joe38
joe38

Beautifully constructed fragrance! Particularly strong close to your skin, but not intrusive phenomenon Beautiful, elegant, impressive feelings.
It is unfortunate error that is no longer available, but if you manage to find a very good buy!
Individual components due to perfect harmony with the spiciness and a woody base with each other.
The result is a very, very Italian atmosphere, which is very nice and very Valentino .......

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Oh..Holy Smokes!!! This has nuances of By Man wafting around in it! Gorgeous! Stunning! Someone did a fantastic job of recreating and tweaking By Man. Bravo! Cant believe I just got a new 3.4 for under 60. Grab this while you can.
Actually, this and By Man came out at the same time, so it's not fair for me to say one copied the other. 1997 was just the year for lavender, tabacco and musk mallow.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

This perfect jouice was in my buy list some years ago but i never bought it.
After that someone decided to discontinue it and this made me very sad. It was always in my mind how unique and amazing perfume it is and was like unfulfiled wish for me but today omg i found it online and grabbed it and i can smell it now on me.JUST AMAZING,VERY SEXY AND MASCULINE.I am not going to identify it but i get the very unique aroma of it that makes me so happy and i can not stop snif it on my wrist.
The price was 23 eyro/100 ml of this precious juice.
one of THE VERY BEST ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Damn those who had discontinued this fragrance! That was my first signature perfume back then. Found an online shop selling a 30ml bottle for more than 60€.. I think I paid about 70DM for 100ml when I first bought it, which would be about 35€.

As it´s a long time ago I smelled it the last time, I can´t write an accurate review. But it was more of a fresh and herbal balsamic scent to me, as far as I can rely on my memory. I really liked it and would be time to bring it back. I can definitely see that this would fit to the time and would have great success if they would do a little promotion for it.

Profumo1972
Profumo1972

very wonderful perfume , very sexy. i recommend.Masterpiece

mse-21
mse-21

I came across this several years ago and it left me with a good impression; but at that point I had so many scents on my 'to buy' list and VV couldn't find its way into there...

Several years later a sample of it came with a purchase and stayed in my collection till today that I put it on my skin and decided to write this review.

It has a nice oriental and aromatic scent which is very well blended and well balanced. It is soft and warm and has a fresh-clean facet which is characteristic of the best orientals of that time. I guess the dominant player here is Tobacco but this fragrance has such a harmony that you can't really discern notes!

Considering that it is less known and cheap makes it a good choice for anyone interested in orientals of late 90s.

Good longevity and moderate projection. Overall: 7 out of 10.

tomerits
tomerits

"very" manly scent,very mature and unique ,i love it especially in cold weather .
my rank 4/5.

oxm
oxm

Hello, today I want to talk about the fragrance: Very Valentino.Do not even remember to have this miniature, still belongs to the last century (so to speak), but maintains the
its glory, is indeed a very decent and straightforward flavor, anise and sweet subtle opening, flowers and spices in the middle and in the final timber and resin will condense a fund chic.
Overall there is a perception stratified and balmy, just like a balm but with miraculous properties and relaxing ...
He has some vague resemblance to Blue
Versace Jeans (both guard the precious liquid behind a dark blue glass)
Perhaps little known but very good.

jtappenden
jtappenden

A masculine & sensual fragrance.8/10.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

I don't remember but, I used to know a cologne with almost the same smell. Maybe Cuba Red. This is consistent, quiet sweet with waves of tobacco and some nutmeg/anise in air. Resinous and dense,smoky .
On me:

Sillage: good
Longevity: good (5+h)

iMaverick
iMaverick

If I had to choose myself a signature scent from Valentino, it would be this one!

The Valentino man seems to be one who garners power and sophistication from seduction and sensitivity. Very Valentino begins with citrus and aromatic notes which develop into warm and woody notes with a spike of floral to give it lift. Finally, deep woody and ambered notes remain with a trail of dried tobacco leaves.

This scent reminds me of an old english library in a mansion with old carved wood, of cigars, and a glass of cognac.

Elegance and refinement in a bottle.

sherry99
sherry99

Very different but not for every one, must test before buying.I love it every time.Awsome sillage and very fine longevity.
For me 8/10

guest_stev86
guest_stev86

Very pleasant and unique frag. You will hate it or love it. It's stays on me up to 8 hours.

Floritica64
Floritica64

A must for anyone who loves sandalwood and amber. Very masculine. Nice silage.

guest_Boss
guest_Boss

this is my best perfume i`ve ever used

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Very Valentino for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Valentino Very Valentino for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Valentino for Men by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Valentino for Men by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.