Designers » T-Z » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Aqua Oriens Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Aqua Oriens Van Cleef & Arpels for women
dislike

The house of Van Cleef and Arpels offers a new version of fragrance Oriens in April 2012. The new edition is inspired by blue lagoon, heavenly regions, dreams, freedom and happiness. Fresh and luminous composition colors our world in bluish-green shades, which are gentle and dreamy.

Van Cleef and Arpels Aqua Oriens is a fragrant story depicting an exotic embrace of aquatic-fruity, dewy-floral, discretely gourmand accords. Top notes include fruity zest to pear and lime providing a fresh and juicy opening spiced with a discrete gourmand note. A heart develops towards floral aromas, in a bouquet composed of orange blossom and honeysuckle, dewy and luminous. A sophisticated and sensual trail in base notes is composed of amber and musk, which are combined harmoniously. The fragrance was created by Nathalie Feistauer.

Flacon of the new fragrance Aqua Oriens has taken over the form of the original Oriens and reminds us of blue lagoon from Tahiti, hidden and pure, pristine. The stopper is created like a blue-green gem, while the flacon is colored in light green shade, suggesting freshness and aquatic/refreshing topic of this edition. Outer carton is white, with illustration of a gem on the front side of packaging. Aqua Oriens will be available as 50ml EDT. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Feisthauer.

Lime Pear

Osmanthus Orange Blossom Honeysuckle

Musk Amber

Light Blue Escape to Panarea

Aqua Oriens Fragrance Reviews

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

The scent, the bottle its just soooooo gorgeous. Its not as sickly sweet as the original, theres a nice touch of fresh in there. It has pretty good staying power on me and i got a lot of people asking what i was wearing. Van Cleef and Arpels make very good sweet and feminine perfumes.

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

Have to confess that I bought this for the beautiful bottle (I already have Oriens), but being a floral aquatic fan myself, anything with "Aqua" in the name would probably be acceptable.
The fragrance has surpassed my expectations, and is simply perfect for the summer. Fresh, soft florals… pity about the longevitiy though. Still, very pleased with this blind buy.

joan100
joan100

I love the bottle but am not too keen on the scent! Same with all
of the Van Cleef and Arpels fragrances (except for Feerie). They have the most amazing bottles but their scents are depressing (for me)! Just personal opinions because I know some people just love this scent for what its worth.

Very aquatic, watery, summery fragrance. Pleasant, with significant lime and osmanthus.
And the bottle juice color is just gorgeous. Pity that I do not like it enough to buy it.

giola
giola

Even my husband loved it - I used it all summer long. The best perfume from Van Cleef & Arpels.

Mintteaco201
Mintteaco201

ABSOLUTE AMAZING! THIS IS THE BEST!

shamy
shamy

I love this. and it was a one shot deal ! come on..

candygirl007
candygirl007

It's a shame some people on here didn't like this, but each to his own. As for me, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
For years I've been using Chanel's Chance Eau Fraiche and have been wanting to change it up a bit. I've been looking around for ages for something of similar fresh, feminine and sophisticated quality. Today I found it in Aqua Oriens :)
The opening of this perfume is definitely the winner - glittering citrus, sweet fruits, white flowers. Within about a half hour it goes completely mellow, loses that sparkle and settles into a rather soft orangey, white flowery musk.
In fact this is the biggest difference with Chance Eau Fraiche, which actually holds its citrusy green freshness for hours. With this perfume it settles down very quickly, maybe too quickly.
I'd say you can wear this perfume all year around, not just summer, because it's a very sophisticated but fresh scent which can be worn any time of day.
Last thing is that the bottle is so gorgeous! A bottle collector's dream :) The photos don't do it justice, you need to have it before you to see the dancing aqua colours on the giant gem top (which by the way is quite weighty!)The silver leaves around the gem bring the bottle together with so much elegance.
I think anyone who's into classy fresh scents (e.g. Chance eau fraiche, Gucci Gardenia) as opposed to the casual fresh scents (e.g. Davidoff Cool Water) will find this a gem.
But definitely test it first, as the glorious burst at the beginning is considerably different from the dry down.

redrose
redrose

ahhh,so lovely fragrance. I feel so fresh,breezy and mega feminine.It is long lasting and worth any money for me. Since long time I couldnt find the perfect fragrance for summer time - Im glad I discovered that gem.

Galya
Galya

I have tried today this absolutely beauty! i feel a lot of woody's notes here ,I'm delighted of this one.Now I wanna it...

girlsworld
girlsworld

I adore this bottle, bought it when the weather started to heat up, as it is great for a hot summers day.Sadly being an eau de toilette the fragrance really doesn't have great staying power, so it hasn't taken me long to get through the fragrance quickly ! It is very clean and easy to wear on those close, humid days.

aroma77
aroma77

Bubblegum in a bottle!Very fresh and "just out of the shower" feeling.

Fantastic bottle, like diving in blue-green waters in some exotic place...

swedeangel
swedeangel

Its a very nice fragrance,very summery. let me get that straight, i do like it , sometimes. And sometimes it makes me sick.
It opens up very very fresh,pear and limesplash ,so fresh and just a bit sweet - like a lagoon with glittering blue water,like a cool glass of lemonade with ice in it when youre thirsty.
I love that stadium of the scent,freshest ive ever felt .
But..
In half an hour it turns overly sweet,freshness all gone,pear and lime drenched in honeysuckel and orangeflowers in a balmy way,like flowers in a vase that stood there a bit too long . I feel like screaming . Open the window for gods sake!
Sometimes its ok,but not more,and sometimes thats unbearable,a dissapointment.
I do believe it had won on having a fresher and more juicy middle too.
But still,on good days,the opening is worth it.

deny
deny

I was expecting of something oaaauuuuu and is nothing amazing in this! Ordinary smell! What a shame for the beautiful bottle!

passionata20
passionata20

I totally agree with Vertigo. This scent is not even close to the original one in a quality. I am not a fan of the original as well (but i don´t dilike it), but this one is quite terrible. Chemical and too much aquatic. Like a too much dissolved pear juice (you know those sliced pears in a canned jar) with an awful sythetic lime scent in the opening. Later the citrus fades away and it is just a sugary aquatic scent. Nothing special indeed. Only the bottle is stikingly beautiful. I am afraid Van Cleef&Arpels has lost it´s quality in perfumery. Sadly.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

vertigo
vertigo

A very generic floral aquatic.
Water, pear, some lime, some orange flower, a touch of musk.
Lame! Sorry.

Candysland56
Candysland56

Can't wait to smell this. The bottle is beautiful.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

this bottle is sooo gorg. I hope the scent is as beautiful as the bottle. :)

Aqua Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels 3.89 out of 5 based on 91 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Aqua Oriens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Aqua Oriens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.