Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

dislike

yellow floral
cinnamon
Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Van Cleef & Arpels is launching a luxurious line which includes 6 fragrances in September 2009, created in cooperation with various perfumers. Their flacons are identical, massive and made of glass, decorated with simple black tops, while their compositions are very special and of high quality because of expensive raw materials used in creation of the fragrances.

Collection Extraordinaire includes:

Gardenia Petale, nose: Nathalie Feisthauer,
Orchidee Vanille, nose: Randa Hammami,
Lys Carmin, nose: Nathalie Cetto,
Muguet Blanc, nose: Antoine Maisondieu,
Bois d'Iris, nose: Emilie Coppermann,
Cologne Noire, nose: Mark Buxton.

The fragrances will be available in amount of 75 ml (1.5 oz) EDP, for about 130 Euro. They will be sold in boutiques of Van Cleef & Arpels and in selective stores. Inspired by Haute Couture fashion line, Haute Couture perfume collection is made as a very luxurious and authentic one. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Gracia-Cetto.

Cinnamon Pink Pepper Lily Ylang-Ylang Vanilla Sandalwood Powdery Notes

Amarige D'Amour

Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin Fragrance Reviews

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

I actually like this red lily, despite the fact that it gives me headaches. The pink pepper note is intense and I can also smell the vanilla in the background. The lily is there to stay, so be prepared for something special that lasts all day.

Lys Carmin is an elegant fragrance, that comes in an elegant bottle, for elegant women. Not for me :-)

When I first tried this one about 6 month ago it was a disaster on my skin.

Now I tried it again. And its lovely, wonderful, beautiful. Now in the middle of hot summer in Sweden I can smell soft spicy's dancing around a fresh and halfsweet Llly. The Sandalwood is soft and very female'ish. The vanilla in base is great and I get a hint of powdery notes as well. A keeper!

När jag först provade denna för ett halvår sen så var den hemsk på min hud.

Nu har jag provat den igen. Otroligt fin, underbar och fantastisk. Nu är det högsommar i Sverige och nu känner jag mjuka kryddor som dansar runt en lätt, fräsch, halvsöt Lilja. Sandelträet är mjukt o kvinnligt. Vaniljen i basen är perfekt och jag får en aning av pudriga noter i basen oxå. En doft att äga!

Kaylan
Kaylan

Wow! This fragrance is the perfect blend of sweet, floral, and spicy. And by spicy I mean spices like cinnamon and cardamom are what I smell right away. A sophisticated sweet, not too girly or young. The lily and vanilla makes it delicate, but the spices give it a unique punch. Very very nice.

After about 20 minutes it still smelled nice, but started smelling a little more soapy, but you could still smell the other notes.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

How to review this one without repeating what's been said.. for me it was also my favourite, a breathtaking stand out, the one sample among over 30 smelling_gr8 sent me that day. One sniff and you had me. Lily can be austere, but not here. An amazingly balanced warm floral, with just enough vanilla and cinnamon.. but not too much. It doesn't distract from the lily. The pepper gives you the feel of pollen on stamen. A twitch in the nose (I also get this feeling with Ofresia). A refined fragrance, that really lasts. Beautiful, I had to buy it, and in UK online I got a good deal. Lucky me. My friend walked in the office and said OMG, what is the gorgeous smell in here. It's not me, it's lys carmin!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is my favorite out of the Collection Extraordinaire line, and I'm not usually a huge lily fan. I don't know if other people have gotten this, but on me this smells like herbal tea after the dry down. Since I love tea and would be more than happy to smell like a huge cup of the stuff, this is right up my alley!

What is stopping from committing to a full bottle is #1 the price. $185? Ouch. Although, I could even rationalize that if this weren't so light. This, like all the others I've tried in this line, is a very close skin scent while it lasts... and that isn't long.

Cereza
Cereza

"Lys Carmin" is a really good presentation of lily. It feels very natural and feminine. What causes problem for me though is the lack of cinnamon which I was really looking forward to and the overdose of pink pepper. Also lily for the first hour seems simply too much, yes it does smell natural and feminine, but it is overpowering and all over the place.

Not for me, but will work on those who love lily.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Blind buy and I adore it. So different than anything else. I have tons of fumes from all houses, some you can't even find in the states and thanks to my personal shopper in France I have got some lovely niche fragrances. It is sweet and peppery and very very rich smelling, only gets better with time on me. I find myself sniffing my wrist often. I would say this is more of a fall winter fragrance. Not sure it would work as well in the hot months. If you can, do give this a try. Not on paper either, this has to be on the body because of the heat and chemistry. I sprayed on my daughter and myself, and it smelled different on each of us, both good I will add. High price tag also but to me, it is worth it.

8belita
8belita

The most amazing scent! I especially love the dry-down, with every hour it gets better and the smell becomes deeper and more sensual. What a rich, well done fragrance! Nothing I would wear daily, this is for special occasions!

As I found with another member (BOIS D'IRIS) of the Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraodinaire, LYS CARMIN has quite a bit of vanilla along with the spicy lily. This is a rich wintertime elixir for sure. I do not think that the vanilla is too sweet, but its presence is undeniable. At the same time, LYS CARMIN is VERY floral, so this composition is going to overwhelm anyone who shies away from big floral fragrances. The lily and the ylang-ylang may as well be white flowers since they are coated with lots of spices and vanilla.

I like this creation, which has big sillage and excellent longevity, and I do believe that it smells "niche", not like just another designer floriental among dozens. I should say that the first time I wore it, LYS CARMIN caught me off guard, and I myself found it to be a bit much. Today, however, it seems to work perfectly in the cold. It's rich and golden and comforting and voluptuous and just as sweet as it is floral but without being overly so. I would not be able to wear this perfume in the heat, but now, in December, it seems mighty fine.

Eleiria
Eleiria

A very lovely and very elegant lily with a mature character. Lys Carmin is not at all a boring white flowers type of perfume; as the name suggests, it's more like a reddish coloured stargazer lily, combined with sweet cinnamon, muted pepper, and (although not listed above) sweet and melting ylang ylang. As Kchild put it very well, this is a sizzling lily; it wraps you with a warm aura. It's not overwhelming or overpowering, not in-your-face, it feels as if it is your own skin's smell. It probably -and luckily- matches quite well with my skin chemistry because the smell feels like a part of me that was already there all this time. Sadly, this treasure is quite underrated, probably due to the ridiculuously high price tag but I am also glad that not everyone has discovered it.

I cannot imagine anyone loving and wearing this perfume feeling unsure of themselves. Lys Carmin positively emanates self-confidence, a carefree femininity. Also it brings to mind the warm, sunny days of summer; a lush garden full of beautiful flowers and I cannot think about a more self-confidence inducing thing than sunny summer days.

Lys Carmin is quite long lasting, I can still smell it on my hair and neck the day after I put it on and it's still lovely. As for the sillage, it doesn't fill the whole room but it definitely leaves a trail and I must say that is a very provoking one. Also, the minimalist and bold design of the bottle, the cap, the little charm around the cap and the box are all a part of luxurious elegancy. In fact, everything Lys Carmin is about making your point subtly yet highly effectively, not shouting what you have but encouraging people to find them out while you elegantly sit there with a lazy smile on your lips.

Curiously, the drydown of Lys Carmin reminds me very much of Ultraviolet's sweet, surrounding drydown. And there's no single note that's similar. Interesting.

Scintillia
Scintillia

Gorgeous! I like it. A lily sweet, not powdery scent. A lovely combination between lily, cinnamon and pink pepper. I prefer wearing it in the spring and autumn. It is too sweet for hot summer days.

MoKa
MoKa

Lovely and warm-smelling; I especially like the dry-down. Subtle but distinctive. On me, none of the components dominate - they blend into something delicious. I agree with lindy-fay that it's comforting, but not gourmand. I wish it was easier to find!

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

What a lovely, comforting, sizzling scent! Almost a year ago, during my pregnancy, I was addicted to green apples for a while. Lys carmin does not smell like that, but on my skin it has the same hint of fresh sourness, like the smell you get of a fresh cut, green apple.( Strange when there is no apple what so ever in there!) At the same time it is complex and rich. It is not by any means a fruity gourmand! In my opinion, very unique, perfect balanced and a must try!

pippab
pippab

This is a delicate floral. Suitable for warmer weather, and reminiscent of Givenchy L'Interdit - softer and slighty more fruity with a confectionery note perhaps. I'm not so in love with it that I'd pay the large $$s that it commands.

Kchild
Kchild

A sizzling lily. This hums and sparks as you go about your day.Everything about this parfum screams "knowledge", and "mystery" as well as "warmth". This is worn by a woman who's sure of herself but not hung up on who she is. She's too busy BEING who she is. Ava Gardner Would have worn this well....

It may bring these emotions to the surface for me but Lys Carmin never overpowers or overplays it's hand. It's done with excruciatingly good taste and would be a perfect signature scent for the fall/ winter.

Cinnamon and I usualy don't do well together but it's done beautifully here. This and the pepper compliment the lily in such an extraordinary way. I've yet to smell anything even remotely like this. Lily speaks with a new voice here. It's still lily but it's also so much more. Instead of being an unapproachable diva Lys Carmin invites....questions,interest,closeness....

Breathtakingly original and a true standout. Just like the woman who wears it......

maltatude
maltatude

On my skin, this is quite a soft fruity floral smelling fragrance. I am a massive fan of pink pepper, cinnamon, lily, however when I smell this. it don't find that the cinnamon or pink pepper take front stage (perhaps my skin). To me, it smells like a light sweet, fruit soap... with a touch of floral. I pick up more of the sweetness from a soft vanilla mingling with lily and ylang ylang subtly lingering. Very beautiful, simple enough, it doesn't try to be more than it is... i will be buying this soon.... i love it for my quiet days in the office when it's sunny out...

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I like how the pink pepper interacts with the lily. If cinnamon worked with my skin chemistry, this would be a winner for me. Unfortunately the cinnamon is sharp on me, but it seems like it would be a lovely sophisticated scent on the right person!

Pepa
Pepa

The most sensual, elegant, overwhelming, sophisticated and at the time incredibly austere fragrance I have ever smelled. It is a copy of myself, I feel fully indentifyed with is, it has been love at first sniff !

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

This one is so delicious, sweet lily, pepper makes it some stronger with a hint of cinnamon ( not very strong, thats good).This scent comes the most close too Feerie epd. Realy love it. Also high quality and longlasting.

Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels 4.17 out of 5 based on 150 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Collection Extraordinaire Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.