Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Van Cleef & Arpels for women
dislike

Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Van Cleef & Arpels is launching a luxurious line which includes 6 fragrances in September 2009, created in cooperation with various perfumers. Their flacons are identical, massive and made of glass, decorated with simple black tops, while their compositions are very special and of high quality because of expensive raw materials used in creation of the fragrances.

Collection Extraordinaire includes:

Gardenia Petale, nose: Nathalie Feisthauer,
Orchidee Vanille, nose: Randa Hammami,
Lys Carmin, nose: Nathalie Cetto,
Muguet Blanc, nose: Antoine Maisondieu,
Bois d'Iris, nose: Emilie Coppermann,
Cologne Noire, nose: Mark Buxton.

The fragrances will be available in amount of 75 ml (1.5 oz) EDP, for about 130 Euro. They will be sold in boutiques of Van Cleef & Arpels and in selective stores. Inspired by Haute Couture fashion line, Haute Couture perfume collection is made as a very luxurious and authentic one.

Mandarin Orange Litchi Bitter Almond Dark Chocolate Bulgarian Rose Violet Vanilla Cedar Tonka Bean White Musk Vanilla orchid

Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

The first time I smelled this, I loved the scent - but was not blown away!

I have never received so many compliments on one fragrance in a single day! The opening is so sweet and fuzzy, like a vanilla cupcake with a hint of something deeper and more velvety. I didn't feel like a frilly little girl wearing this, it's definitely a wearable vanilla-based fragrance for any age group (and for any season!)

The orchid is not overwhelmingly floral, it doesn't sit too heavily with the vanilla creating a billowing cloud of scent that follows you around - Instead, it's a gentle fragrance that you catch whiffs of throughout the day. And it *does* last all day. Easily 7-10 hours, especially on clothes.

I don't get all of the notes in the fragrance that are listed on this one. Primarily Vanilla, orchid, almond, and a bit of musk (maybe chocolate-SOMETIMES.)- in that order.

Definitely something that any gourmand lover should try! A bit pricey for the Full Bottle, but I am thinking of making the investment.

little elf
little elf

This smells like vanilla icing. Really luxe, out-of-this world vanilla icing with a dash of chocolate liqueur and a garnish of orchids.

ankali
ankali

I'm so aggravated. This is nice enough, but I get very few notes aside from the vanilla, which is just not my fave. Now, that shouldn't really matter -- wear the perfume for a day, then just don't put it on again, right? Well, no: longevity on my skin is moderate, but the wrist brace I wear while typing still reeks of Orchidee Vanille 2 weeks later. I can't use the brace now without ruining any other fragrance I might be wearing! VAN CLEEF AND ARPELS WANTS TO GIVE ME CARPAL TUNNEL!

Not for me. Sweet, supersweet cookie vanilla scent.

Inget för mig. Söt - supersöt kak-vanilj-doft.

MarillaV
MarillaV

I did not need another vanilla perfume, but along came Orchidee Vanille and changed my mind! What I appreciate about OV is the interesting twist on a vanilla perfume. It flirts with the gourmand nature of vanilla, there is sweetness but it isn't a cake or cookie type of sweetness. There is creaminess, but not an ice cream type, but a floral creaminess. You think you smell orchid, but I believe it is violets that from most of the floral heart. Another trick of this fragrance.

There is lightness in the beginning, a focus on the sheer aspects of vanilla. A play on orchids. The perfume dries down heavier, grounded in almonds, bitter chocolate, tonka, and musk. It is unlike any other vanilla fragrance I have tried, it is a shapeshifter and a big flirt. I had to add it to my collection just for its uniqueness and its loveliness. It is not a sillage monster, but one that you catch whiffs of all day long. It draws you in, asks you to come a little bit closer. The longevity is good, at least 8 hours on me. And it beckons to the husband, even after a long day, to extend the kiss a little longer...

Allinug
Allinug

Floral...no not on me, more like floral fruity at first and then comes the vanilla, orchid, chocolate smell and it's not my kind of perfume but I love it.
Afer a whole day with this perfume and the evening comes I can feel a gorgeous smell of chocolate. The smell is so soft and warm and I am in a chocolate heaven.

This is the first perfume with chocolate that really suits me. At first I had a decant, now I have a big bottle.

A beautiful vanilla, no doubt. Not super gourmand despite the notes, as it contains a nice balance of florals and powder.

I could imagine this being an appropriate vanilla for any occasion, but I don't really think that others who smell it on me would be able to differentiate it from a host of other, much less expensive, vanilla perfumes.

Rather than creamy and dense, the vanilla itself is more of a fluffy marshmallow type of vanilla. I prefer my vanillas to be the non-foodie type, and this fits the bill (as I said, the other notes make it inedible on the whole). It smells consistently complex on my skin, with lovely chocolate, almond, a strong orange note, and musk; but it does stay very close to the skin.

Havana Vanille by L'Artisan is still my favorite vanilla to date. While I do think highly of Orchidee Vanille and think it's lovelier than any other vanilla I have sampled for some time, I'm not sure it's remarkable enough to purchase.

darksome
darksome

I'm confused to see so few votes for litchi and violet. On me it's a nice sweet vanilla/benzoin/white chocolate scent in the opening - like Coromandel without patchouli. If it would stay like that I would immediately buy gallons of this beauty.

I had such high hopes for this scent, but unfortunately the drydown on me smells like table sugar with vanilla, mixed with a prominent litchi note and some powdery violet. Strong and very sweet, transparent. To me it's like smelling Haribo's Primavera sweets - artificial fruity and too sweet for my liking.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

Love by first sniff! It opens with a mandarin note, and soft, warm, real vanilla follows toghether with the orchid. Orchid and vanilla smells so beautifully together. I need this perfume in my collection.

Lexxy
Lexxy

What a beautiful vanilla. Some vanillas seem plasticky and synthetic next to this. It's gorgeous from beginning to end. It's a powdery (in a Kenzo type of way) gourmand vanilla that smells natural, elegant and yummy without being cheesy or cheap, very nice.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Possibly the best vanilla perfume that I own. I put this up against Guerlain's Spirituous Double Vanille and this one stood out like the north star! I do like them both but I found Orchidee Vanille to sparkle and SDV to be more of a flat scent that doesn't evolve much.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This perfume is the fragrance equivalent of a string of pearls. It’s classic. It’s elegant, ladylike and feminine. It blends into the skin softly with no rough edges.
Pearls are classic. Brides wear them. Queen Elizabeth wears them. They are tasteful and elegant. You wear them when you want more attention on your face than your accessories. They blend seamlessly and into the background rather than to make a statement.

Sure, I own pearls, but I only occasionally wear them to church or a wedding.
I can’t say exactly why I don’t wear my pearls more often except that usually with my jewelry and with my perfume, I tend to wear things that make a statement.

The opening of this beautiful fragrance is as soft and pretty as the dry down. I get a milky almond vanilla opening with a powdery fruity orchid on a bed of warm musk, tonka, cedar, and vanilla. It smells so familiar! It hit me that this is the same soft unobtrusive dry down that I got in SL Douce Amere. The Orchidee Vanille features a softened vanilla orchid whereas the Douce Amere features a softened vanilla tiare and lily. Both smell extremely ladylike and elegant and, much like a classic string of pearls, are perfect for the right occasion.

NoireFox
NoireFox

Eating candy this Easter, it hit me. This stuff smells EXACTLY like Cadbury Mini Chocolate eggs. I know it's considered a "vanilla" fragrance but I get a sweet, pale milk chocolate from this. It is also very long-lasting yet somehow airy too. Magic perhaps?

Furby76
Furby76

I tried this at work the other day purely because I saw the Vanille on the label, and didn't even realise it was for women until I looked on Fragmentica. It's a gorgeous scent, although it does side to the more feminine and floral side to be unisex in my opinion and also my female & male colleagues opinions too.

If you like layering, I believe this would be a perfect scent to add a more masculine scent to give it some manliness. I tried to do this with Narciso Rodriguez for Him on my wrists that same day but that didn't have enough projection to out muscle the very good projection of Orchidee Vanille.

I agree with AND-MAT that the vanilla in this is just perfect and smells so good you want to continuously smell it, which you get to do with the great longevity this has. I would be at a woman's side all day if she was wearing this, it smells classy, soft and elegant. 9 out of 10

Shwets
Shwets

Starts off as an amazing creamy rich vanilla and shocked me to a Tocade dry down.
Great longevity and silage.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Orchidee vanille is one of the best vanilla fragrances in the market! Dark, sexy and enigmatic. This fragrance captures vanilla like no other with the perfect sillage and longevity. The best thing about this one is the vanilla in here is not sweet! Woohoo!! Finally! (based on my perfume experience).

Ok... Let me get this out of my system and I don't care what you'll going to say... I find this scent totally unisex! Especially in the drydown, and it's so beautiful that I don't mind wearing it! In fact I'm really considering buying it!

P.S.: I'm a guy... In case you did'nt know! ;)

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Lovely, just lovely. Of all the heavy duty vanillas I tried recently trying to snap myself out of vanilla fatigue this one is the winner. And I don't say that lightly considering it went up against Profumum Roma's Dulcis in Fundo which I also fell in love with.

The orchid is absolutely perfectly blended with the vanilla, and I get just the merest hints of almond, chocolate, and something woody which I assume is the cedar. A light musk is there too. The combination is heavenly. One sniff is instant joy.

I know it sounds overpriced, but I have yet to find a cheaper vanilla comparable to it. If, like me, you're trying to keep your perfume budget down, back away from the sample before you hurt yourself.

po
po

Ah, Orchidee Vanille... If you're looking for a show-stopping vanilla fragrance to rule them all you will be disappointed. If you expect it to be a powerhouse you will surely be disapponted. But then again, you should know that none of the perfumes in this collection are or pretend to be strong.

It's true, there are a million vanilla based perfumes out there that project much better for a fraction of the price but this isn't about cotton candy, sugar cookies, cupcake or play dough. It's smooth, refined, high quality vanilla pod. Clever concept too, since Vanilla is in the family of Orchids botanically.

The opening is more like a reminiscent of oranges dipped in chocolate. Then the vanilla becomes more prominent and I get hints of orchid and delicate almonds every now and then. The drydown is all about vanilla and musk. It's exceptionally blended, doesn't smell like a desert to me after a certain point and if it had a texture it would be velvet.

There are no challenging notes, I think it's very wearable, likeable and snuggly but if you're not a great fan of vanilla you'll probably find it too overpriced.
Nevertheless, I love this one.

Edit: This is pretty much the only perfume I prefer spraying on my hair. As they flow around I get pretty strong whiffs of the perfume for two days. It's a great way to increase longevity but probably not the best idea if you like switching scents throughout the day.

SillySue
SillySue

This is just precious. A gorgeous gorgeous orange flavored chocolate with very delicate floral notes. Sublime. Just WISH it lasted longer on my skin! I'm not one to go for very strong fumes but this is too weak, even for my tastes. But those beautiful initial moments of bliss are luring me in, still.

My irrational brain is telling me to forget about the steep price tag and the fact that my nose really has to put a lot of effort into smelling this beauty properly. Despite that, I want it! Induced dementia from inhaling too large of an amount of perfume molecules perhaps?? ;)

EDIT: So I have a FB of this now and have to say that for what ever reason the sillage and staying power from the bottle is MUCH better than from the small sample vial I had! A fine fragrantica friend had actually mentioned to me that she had expirenced this difference in strenght between sample and bottle with this one and that turned out to be the case with me as well! Couldn't be happier with this now! Just perfect :D

Annica
Annica

Three hours on my skin. Very pleasant but it falls on the longevity. The flowers are hardly detecable to my nose. It is mostly about dark chocolate. Very unisex.

c3c
c3c

This is fabulous. I received a sample and it was instant love for me! It is very similar to Kenzo 7:15 am in Bali, but without the milky quality Kenzo has. It's a cleaner version, more sophisticated. I'm surprised that the mandarin orange and Lychee aren't higher up in people's scoring of the notes. They are the first thing I notice and they last through out backed by a creamy, but not milky, blend of vanilla and tonka with a touch of chocolate. I can sense the "feel" of rose in the opening but this does not smell like roses. And if you think of the scented Oncidium orchid, I definitely get that vibe. In fact by the middle notes it does a good job of reminding me of breathing their lovely fragrance in. Maybe that's part of why I love it. If you hunt it down on ebay you can get Orchidee Vanille for a decent price. Worth it!

heymoe9
heymoe9

Another snobby Neima Marcus saleswomen, another lost sale. I heard amazing things about this scent and sprayed myself liberally with it, I could not smell anything. The saleswomen smelled me ( what is it about NM saleswoman and sniffing me?). She told me it was a "light scent". If I am going to spend close to $200 on a scent I want it to overpower everyone I come in contact with.
Needless to say, no sale. I bought Flowerbomb extreme instead, that I can smell.

esteban747
esteban747

The word 'vanilla' set some alarms in my head, so use to overly sweet vanilla scents, I was apprehensive.
But this is such a beautiful, masterpiece. Everything in this fragrance is so delicate, it smells exquisite.
I can't detect separate notes, they all form a glorious bouquet with the smoothest and clearest sweet vanilla and musk.
This may be a great choice for a bride. simply beautiful.

Gia713
Gia713

This is true beauty. So soft and delicious, but still not gourmand. Somehow it reminds me of Alien Essence Absolue the vanilla in Orchidee Vanille is similar to one in Alien EA. Orchidee is sweet, flowery and a little bit like a peach. Vanille is lovely, very feminine, sexy, smooth. The mix of orchidee and vanille is perfect it is defenitely one of best vanilla-based scents I have ever smelled. Very simple, very easy to wear, but still amazingly beautiful.
It literally gives you +5 points to your feminine atractiveness ;-) Plenty of compliments. Very hard to discribe what can be that perfect in mix of vanilla and orchidee, but if you like those ingredients you must try this one! In my top 5.

Bettany87
Bettany87

I finally acquired a bottle of this sublime beauty -- Orchidee Vanille. The initial spray is a burst of the most luscious vanilla and divine orchid. A gorgeous combination of nectarious floral with that dominant vanilla on my skin. Very soft hints of almond and fresh musk plays in the background in perfect harmony.

The whole concoction settles into a deliciously alluring scent yet intimate like a sensual whisper that lasts over eight glorious hours. When a fragrance brings me this much joy ... it's totally worth it!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

This is a very, very intense declaration and love affair to the vanilla bean!
This is what your momma would wear if she was to go to a parents day at school when she knew she could not get changed for the big hen party afterwards (slightly slutty, but stylishly so...think "wolf in sheep skin?")
It is very dense, passionate, feminine, romantic and exotic gourmand of a vanilla fragrance.
Beautiful!
BUT, is it worth the primary/ niche price tag?
Well, the ingredients are good quality and longevity is there as well, but for me it is not story-telling enough, for this is what I'd expect from a scent of that price tag (£120plus if I remember correctly).
It seems to jump right from the top notes of musky, sweet floral exotic orchids into the deep and darker, woodsy, honey-drop, vanilla cocoa bean dessert (that sits on your skin for hours, instead of your tummy). This is dessert for the calorie conscious!

But where is/ was the main?!? To me no heart/ middle ranges.

7/ 10 Still very good but too pricey for what it is.

I have to agree with Kiera79 and SerrinaButterfly. It is very light and inoffensive. The notes seemed so promising, but it all gets down to a very light watery vanilla scent.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Opens through boozy and has reconciled the predominant floral touch, which is the orchid.
By the way a flower that matches with gourmand nuances, this one here is a prime example.
It is a texture almondy, chocolatey and why not caramelized with this beautiful flower, together with musky creates a velvety gourmand air, comfortable and delicious. What a spectacle!

pure_dreamer
pure_dreamer

Man I love this stuff! I want to wear it myself. You reckon a man can wear this!???

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is nice, but very light. It smells like a sweeter version of vanilla extract. I'm also getting a slightly medicinal undertone that I can't quite put my finger on.... cough syrup? Not quite..... But something like that.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

This is one of the few gourmand fragrances I've ever tried that didn't immediately send me running to the nearest ladies' room to scrub it off. I think the lack of spicy and resinous notes makes this a more wearable vanilla fragrance for me. I don't detect any fruity notes, and the only floral note I can make out is the powdery violet in the drydown. It's a nice powder, not baby powder/old makeup. Just tames the vanilla a little bit. This is probably the lightest vanilla I've ever tried, and it's nice, but not $185 nice.

judyk
judyk

A nice scent but I agree with Deppaholic - it is *very* light.

I only have a small decant but I've doused myself in the contents and I can just make out the mandarin at first, which then steps aside for the orchid (I guess; what does orchid smell like?), vanilla, musk and a slight, but welcome, woodiness from the cedar and tonka bean. That's the skin scent. The projection is a slightly chocolatey vanilla with a hint of floral sharpness.

In general I like it, but I do wish it had more body.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

This is very light, and you need to spray half the bottle on to smell it. I will test again, but I agree with some other reviews that state this also. Must be the body chemistry. Disappointed in this one :( It's very nice, I just wish my chemistry would pick it up better. Wonder if I got an old bottle? Or worse yet, a fake :( Expensive even on the famous buy/sell site :( Try before you buy if you can.

Juma
Juma

OMG, I am so fascinated at this scent.
The richness of vanilla and bitter chocolate scent enchanted me so much.
I love well blended vanilla perfumes without too much chocking sugar and fruity candies. I love Kenzo's Madagascar- it's vanilla freshness for warm weather and Yves Rocher's Neonatura-vanilla with cocoa and patchouli for colder months- but this one is richer with no overhelming sweetness of vanilla, completed by bitterness of dark chocolate and freshness of orchidee.
Amazing perfume, IMHO, illustrate the richness of prestige jewellery brand Van Cleef & Arpels.
Thanks to friendly and most generous Fragr. member I own a decant for the most precious moments ;).
Edit:This dear friend of mine gifted me a whole bottle! I've never met such of generousity- thank you so much...and a bottle found most loving home, too!

Whoever the creative director in charge of the Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire was obviously loves vanilla, as it is a major player in most of the members of this "nichesque" series of perfumes. I say "nichesque" because I am not convinced that these are any better than the above-average designer quality of the other perfumes launched by this house: ORIENS, FEERIE, and MIDNIGHT IN PARIS all come immediately to mind. They are all of higher quality than many of the mainstream designer perfumes being launched today, and so are the members of the Collection Extraordinaire. What I am not convinced of is that this series is any better than those, as they should be, given the elevated asking price.

ORCHIDEE VANILLE, unlike the other vanilla-infused perfumes in this group, explicitly informs us of its vanillic intentions through its name. So no one really has a right to complain when they discover that, lo, ORCHIDEE VANILLE packs a mighty punch of vanilla! Anyone who shuns vanilla in perfume already knows to stay very far away from a fragrance with such a name, but what about vanilla amateurs? What will they say?

I've worn this perfume now a couple of times, and I have to say that while it is nice, it's not really anything to get excited about and in some ways seems like a pretty blunt presentation of orchid and vanilla. It's not bad, mind you, but I think that there probably are better choices out there for those specifically seeking out vanilla perfumes. I suppose that ORCHIDEE VANILLE is suffering a bit in this evaluation, having the bad luck of being donned by me today after having worn Kenzo JUNGLE L'ELEPHANT, a far richer and more complex oriental perfume, last night.

I should add, however, that I'm not the biggest fan of vanilla-centric perfumes in the first place. I like and own L'Artisan Parfumeur VANILLE ABSOLUMENT, but generally speaking I prefer more complex and challenging oriental perfumes. Someone who fell for the Guerlain DOUBLE VANILLE SPIRITUEUSE might really like ORCHIDEE VANILLE, so I do not want to discourage them from trying this creation. It's not going on my wish list, but if you're a vanilla fanatic, it might be true love for you.

Bethany.1984
Bethany.1984

I recently tested, loved and bought this scent.
It is exquisite! I have recently been introduced to several of the newer vanilla scents and this one is so classy and beautiful that I find it hard to believe that anyone would be offended by this scent, even if it isn't their cup of tea. The vanilla and orchid mix perfectly together so one doesn't overpower the other. Instead, they compliment each other. I know there's other notes in the background as well, but as another reviewer mentioned, they are quite mysterious. I don't know why they do not have all of the notes listed here. (?)

As far as projection, it is there. Especially if you spray a little on your clothes as well. When you move you get little whiffs of it. Magical!
A lot of times we get used to the scent we have on and we think that it has lost it's strength. And that's when we over-do it. But don't be fooled, this scent does project, but never in an offensive way. Other people love it! At least that's been my experience.
I highly recommend this frag, even with the high price tag.

gracep
gracep

I'm really surprised that this doesn't have amber in it, because at the beginning I really get vanilla and amber. Later it dries down to something I can't stop smelling. It's soft, airy, woody, and kind of mysterious. It's sweet but certainly not cloying. It's not foody at all and later a clear orchid note comes to the mix. It's really lovely! I think I may need to get myself a full bottle!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

As a vanilla lover, I had to try this, though I was kinda hoping it wasn't as good as has been said because the price tag is pretty hefty.
But of course, it's beautiful. Rich is the best word I can think of to describe this scent. I'm not sure why vanilla isn't in the notes as it's surely present. The orchid blends in seamlessly and enhances the decadence of this scent, so that the floral note is definitely there. Normally I find orchid can be far too strong a flower for my tastes, but here it's perfect, if still heady.
The sillage is amazing, it's what I first noticed, it just unfurls around you after you spray. And eight-plus hours and a shower later and I can still smell it on my wrist.
My only complaint is that it did take a while to settle - the opening was quite alcoholic, which surprised me. Still, a fantastic vanilla fragrance.

summertimeolive
summertimeolive

LOVE AT FIRST SNIFF... Im currently hunting the most delicious vanillas and in my recent trip to NM I smelt this and fell in love. I've recently gotten my sample and have been wearing it nonstop. I will be buying a full size of this.

Its a sweet vanilla, but not overwhelmingly sweet, its delicious and soft.

If you love vanilla, you cannot miss this one !!

This is a positively gorgeous fragrance. Vanilla and orchid have never gone so well together. Orchidee Vanille is easily one of my favourite vanilla scents, and that's saying a lot.

The vanilla in this fragrance tends to be sweet and velvety, also light and fluffy at certain times. The orchid adds that hint of gourmand, which I find rather addictive. In the opening there's an interesting green freshness, which is soon smoothed out by a sugary and intense vanilla accord.

Some reviewers have noted a hint of chocolate and even caramel, which I can faintly smell too, so that's more of an incentive to classify Orchidee Vanille as a gourmand. Either way you look at it, this fragrance is pleasantly sweet but never overpowering.

Even though Orchidee Vanille is a fairly expensive release, I personally think it's worth it, but only if it agrees on your skin. Applying it with a light hand is also fairly important, as I find a little goes a long way.

Vanilla and gourmands go hand in hand in terms of what I like. The sweetness doesn't bother me, and neither does the musky drydown. I actually find this fragrance quite soothing and pretty on my skin, and wouldn't hesitate to wear it all year long. There's something about Van Cleef & Arpels' fragrances. They have this somewhat magical aura that draws me in.

If you like anything that smells sweet and gooey, and are at present seeking an upmarket perfume that fits the bill, Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille is the perfect choice. I highly recommend.

xocoatl

alchimia72: Thanks for letting me know! :) As soon as I can afford it I'm heading to the store for this beautiful vanilla...

alchimia72

Xocoatl,I received it for Christmas. It's very long lasting as you observed and I assure you that also other people smell it! I find this fragrance the best vanilla scent I ever smelled!

xocoatl

Pure vanilla, and it smells just how I would want a vanilla scent to smell (not like the sweetened artificial kind in so many other fragrances).

It's so close to skin though! I sprayed this on my hand and I could only smell it when the hand is close to my face. On the plus side, it's really long lasting. I tested it yesterday and I can still feel it if I smell my skin! So, the only downside is that I'm unsure of the projection. Could anyone other than me smell it if I'm wearing it? Still... I might buy it anyway, because it is lovely and delicate.

galbgamary
galbgamary

I tested it in the shop today but I didn't like! It is too warm and dry for me, I didn't smell any freshness in it!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Full list of notes: mandarin orange, litchi, bitter almond, dark chocolate, Bulgarian rose, violet, vanilla pod, cedar, tonka bean, white musk.

Vanille Orchidee is a beautiful yet understated scent. It opens slightly green, but soon moves into the full vanilla roundness which is the dominating characteristic of this scent. The vanilla is round, smooth, and cozy…and not particularly sweet. It is gourmand and tasty without being at all sugary or heavy. I find it reminiscent of semi-sweet vanilla biscuits dipped in milk, with its comforting mix of vanilla, dry almond, and a hint of cacao powder. The hint of chocolate in the background is of the dark and creamy variety, yet it is not sweet, thick or rich. It is blended in with the vanilla so well that the two notes are not easily pulled apart. This vanilla is dry and soft with a mild touch of citrus, and a shy musk adds even more warmth to the drydown.

The floral notes do not play a strong role, other than to add to the overall softness of the fragrance. Vanille Orchidee stays close to the skin, and I will admit that I wish it projected a little. Given how expensive it is, I don’t think I’d buy a full bottle knowing that I might not even be able to smell it on myself. On a positive note, the close-to-the-skin quality also does add to the warm and cuddly feeling of this fragrance. The scent seems to melt into my skin in a way that meshes well with my chemistry.

Pari88
Pari88

An ethereal Vanilla? Yes! This is it! I got my sample but I musttt have a full bottle. This is my kind of frag, sweet but airy and not cloying, it's light enough that it surround you with a beautiful aura, but strong enough that you can actually smell it. A grown up but playful vanilla; lovely, sensual, intelligent, angelic. It is not complicated, nor heady, nor does it make it's presence known, thus Ethereal Vanilla, as light as a feather. I will have to wear it on different days and different weather to give it a proper review. But so far...I am mosttt likely getting a full bottle
Update: No full bottle yet, but sample is finished. This is absolutely lovely in the summer and spring, and I suppose the fall as well. It might actually be too light for the cold harsh winter. A lovely feminine but not too foody vanilla. I want to try AG Vanille Exquise next, as I hear it has some of the same airiness qualities as this one, then I will decide which to commit to!

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

This is a refined ladies vanilla.A close to the skin
scent,that lingers long and quietly.Creamy,with delicate
floral notes,and a hint of chocolate that blend seamlessly.This took a while to grow on me,but now I
I cannot think of not having it as a stable in my collection!Sometimes a whisper says more than a shout:)

floof
floof

I agree with the previous poster, this is very faint- especially from the sample. I like it better than Creed and the guerlain Double Vanille, but it does not have much projection. There are better vanillas, but this one is very nice! If I had to pick one fragrance this wouldn't be it, but it is still very enjoyable. It has some citrus notes, but over all it is a very well rounded vanilla.

Update
I ended up buying this one. The projection and fragrance were much worse with the tester. It is subtle but not to the point where you cannot smell it on yourself. It is quiet but long-lasting (8+ hours on me).
I am smelling chocolates and floral orchid and violets now. It is much more complex than the sample. It still perfectly blended and non-offensive, I am liking it more over time.
These are the listed notes on luckyscent:
Mandarin orange, litchi, bitter almond, dark chocolate, Bulgarian rose, violet, vanilla pod, cedar, tonka, and white musk

lucifera

i ADORE this, BUT its so WEAK! i really wish they made the extrait versions of this collection.

airubgirl
airubgirl

Touted as a non-foody vanilla it sounded highly intriguing. Unfortunately on me it is nothing but a incredibly sweet vanilla that brings to mind marshmallow fluff. The stuff that is sticky and gooey and makes your teeth hurt.

It isn't a bad perfume, but not at all what I thought it would be. It is obviously high quality and the lasting power was amazing, it was still there the next morning when I woke up, but it's just not for me. If you love sweet vanilla with florals intertwined then this may be for you.

Wafa
Wafa

Orchidee vanille have been in my Test-wish list for a long time , cant tell you how big my disapointment was when i tried it in the store .. All i got was some over sweet caramel vanilla , lolita lempicka lovers will certainly love it

alchimia72

Wonderful. The best vanille i have tried. Long lasting. When you try it, every other vanilla fragrance appear synthetic and poor. Only one problem: it's very expensive!

Kchild
Kchild

Frothy and light, a creme brulee of a scent,
Bringing hours and hours of perfect content.
The orchid so soft , the musk just a kiss,
If you're fond of vanille, this is one not to miss.
An aura surrounding you with beautiful light,
A fragrance that always feels just right.

People will make excuses to hug you when you wear this. Not only because it smells good but because it wears close. The orchid really brings this to life without overtaking it. Completely edible and yet not too sweet, it is both sexy and innocent. It literally brings a sense of light to the atmosphere. This is such an easy fragrance to wear and the ingrediants are obviously of quality. It's work appropriate and absolutely seasonless. Perfect for brunch, church, sporting events, movies, anything with close quarters. You'll be discreet but you'll also most likely smell better than anyone else. I treasure my bottle and would buy another. A definate winner.......

9154mf
9154mf

It is a warm floral vanilla. Very nice.

possumke
possumke

I was expecting something along the lines of Black orchid with this one, but actually it is a very light floral vanilla. On first application I can detect a top note of mandarine, followed by a hint of floral soapiness, and then the very buttery and cosy vanilla kicks in.
Overall, my impression is that it's a nice, safe, close to the skin fragrance. Not too sweet, and quite Natural smelling. Although it is terribly pricey, I have enjoyed it.

Jamtin
Jamtin

Beautiful, sensuous, with an inner strength and staying power. Just like me really! It stays very close to the skin and is enjoyed by the special people in my life (including me). Love it

lafefe
lafefe

It's my latest big crush, I fell in love with this gorgeous musky exotic vanilla. Already having compliments from it, it's not too sweet, a very natural and super longlasting touch of vanilla, close to the skin. It's not a complicated fragrance, it's simply beautiful, really what I want to smell in a special occasion, I finally got my hands on it and will love it for a long long period! LOVE at first sniff!
The notes listed in the website of Van Cleef & Arpels are:
mandarin, litchi, bitter almond, chocolate, Bulgarian rose, violet, vanilla, cedar wood, tonka bean and musk.

EDIT: it was the perfume of my wedding day!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A very warm, deep, and true vanilla. A real beauty! There is something a bit gourmand about it that reminds me of a mix between YR Vanille Noir for its earthiness and Lavanila Vanilla Coconut for its gouramand vibe.

Thanks to libertybelle for the sample!

mseidoom
mseidoom

Well, this is the best vanilla scent I've tested so far. The lasting power was great with me, but I agree about it being close to the skin. Another vanilla type scent that I like is Vanitas by Profumum. The lasting power with that fragrance is very, very good. It truly smells more foody and has a chocolate aroma to it than vanilla.

guest_NoNo
guest_NoNo

it is really really a pure vanilla scent

that i have never tried such scent

before , it really quenches the desire

of Vanilla Addicts

I would like to thank Van Cleef tooo

much for presenting such extraordinary

Vanilla :) :)

susan1326

Update: Now 9 hours later, and I must retract my opinion about the staying power of this scent. It just hangs very close to your skin. Still there, still warm, creamy and beautiful. A lovely surprise if someone happens to get close to you!

susan1326

Beautiful, pure vanilla scent--I don't even detect the orchid. Alas, it is so light that even after two applications I care barely smell it. Love it, if only it were stronger.

lucifera

i agree with the first reviewer its just too light and will fade away quite fast even after a few re-applies :-( i would recommand lys carmin or gardenia petal for better staying power :-)

LenaBel
LenaBel

Vanilla in it is just PERFECT!!! It is that warm, natural, not overpowering delicious vanilla smell, not that cheap syrupy artificial vanilla you so often come across now [body lotions, some fragrances too]. Other notes are not that prominent so it is mostly a vanilla smell. Stays close to the skin and lasts for hours. I really wanted to get it but sadly had to put the bottle down after seeing the 125 pounds price tag :(

ga.pi
ga.pi

Honey-sweet velvety-white fabulous vanilla-tree ;)

Natalia78
Natalia78

Magic in a bottle.Very warm and gourmand kind of vanilla. Orchid almost absent, or absent on my skin. Extremely long lasting and definitely unforgettable.Horribly expensive, though.

SerrinaButterfly
SerrinaButterfly

I cannot smell it for the life of me - I sprayed it quite copiously on my wrists, innerarms and chest at Neiman Marcus. Can't smell it - so, it's very light.

Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels 4.37 out of 5 based on 358 ratings and 67 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.