Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women
dislike

I have it: 728 I had it: 206 I want it: 853 My signature: 20

Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Van Cleef & Arpels introduced their new perfume to the market in 2008 and opened the door of "haute perfumery". They created a luxurious object of affection, perfume Feerie, which is decorated with a fairy-tale element of a fairy, who elegantly dominates the top of the perfume.

This fragrant fairy-tale captures you with femininity of jeweler creation of bottles and aromas. This fragrance will seduce you with aromas arriving in dusk in the magical world of starry sky, fairy-tales, butterflies and dreams.

The top notes of the magical perfume Feerie offer aromas of violet with green notes which are refreshing and exciting. Fresh and gracious greenery is accompanied with a blend of floral notes, Italian mandarin and fruity accord of black currant.

The heart encompasses Bulgarian rose, with a hint of Egyptian jasmine. The base notes introduce accords of iris from Florence, with elegant woody accords of precious wood and Haiti vetiver.

Luxurious perfume Feerie is a creation by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu. It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP, as 150 ml perfumed body lotion, 150 ml shampoo and bath, as well as 200 ml luxurious nourishing body cream. The bottle was designed by Joel Desgrippes.

Black Currant Violet Italian Mandarin Red Berries

Arpege Eclat d`Arpege

Feerie Fragrance Reviews

susanawaddell
susanawaddell

Black current dominates in a way that pleases me. Others have found it unremarkable but on my skin it smells extraordinary. The violet joins the currant also ng with a smokiness at the heart. It is only slightly sweet in the mid notes. I do not notice Verviers or woods

celia46
celia46

I hesitate a lot about buying this one, and now that I finally own it, I love it!

I have nothing similar in my wardrobe it's tender and mature at the same time, citrusy and sweet, happy and quiet.

This fragrance make me think in Tracy, a character in the Woody Allen movie Manhattan. Love that movie and love this perfume .

It's winter in Uruguay and I'm enjoying a lot wearing Feerie edp.

The only downside it's that no one noticed it but me.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Feerie Van Cleef & Arpels

Top Notes Mandarin Orange Black Currant Red Berries Violet

Middle Notes Rose Jasmine

Base Notes Vetiver Iris

I have always loved the bottle. The sculpture of the fairy on the stopper is a work of art. The liquid is actually more of a light clear water with only a touch of light blue. The scent itself is a fruity floral. However it's not a typical fruity floral and it's neither mature nor too youthful. I find it has a beautiful structure and it does evoke a fairy. It's like fairy dust, fairy powder, pixie dust. If only Paris Hilton's Fairy Dust had smelled like this then no one would have had a problem with it. Feerie opens with fruity scents of mandarin, grapes, and red berries. This smells like the kind of at a distance berry scent you get from walking in a park or little garden. It's definitely berry at the beginning. The red berries match up with the red rose. This is a candied berry-rose if you like that kind of rose. Personally I prefer perfumy powdery or realistic rose but I also enjoy fruity roses. This is just lovely and feminine. If you're a guy reading this review and love fruity florals add this to your collection because of the bottle. The bottle itself is the real attraction. I love to show it off at my house. The heart is floral with that rose but it's also a light jasmine. The dry down is a powdery iris lots of powder and a touch of spice coming out of that vetiver. The vetiver is really kicking in at the end it smells like grass/woods. This is a very nice fragrance. I love investing on the Van Cleef & Arpels fragrances. They're all winners in my book.

Tardismama
Tardismama

Like a bag of skittles emptied over a patch of the most charming violets and then the whole thing sprinkled with a dash of magical glitter. Very well named, and not for the darker crueler fairies of legend, this fairy is only the cheeriest and most good natured of fey creatures.

Romariam
Romariam

Love

Planet_X
Planet_X

Candied violets, powdery-jammy cheeky fragrance, I know it is not Sophia Grojsman's baby, but very similar style-wise on Sophia's signature - decent amount of fruity-powder on top of florals and her favourite violets.
Feerie is great for those with a sweet tooth and who simply not in a mood for something intellectual, not today, the fairy-featuring bottle is a bonus of course. Very long-lasting on me.

Thirdly
Thirdly

A fragrance like this once again proves that my chemistry expels forth all citrus. The majority detect the black currant and violet. I desperately wanted this one to smell like black currant and violet on me. Alas, the orange reared its ugly head once again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the scent of orange. But, my skin...it does not. I'm going to see how my sinuses react to this one after five hours. At the very least, I could use it at bedtime to make use of the product. The vetiver on this one isn't intense, which is a relief. Keeping the bottle forever, though. Lovely, lovely bottle. Also, I don't see how this is a "spring" scent, it's more fall and winter to me.

Jmalone84

This really isn't at all like Lanvin e'clat d'arpege (which I wear all the time). I get berries and nutty violets, and there is almost an effervescence to the top notes. Would love this if it weren't for the violets which always smell bitter to me and typically ruin a composition (in my opinion).

Lovely fragrance though, very ethereal and whimsical. Would say soft-moderate sillage and longevity on the shorter side of moderate. Very nice.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Sculpted glass and shiny metal!This bottle is just a masterpiece!! Feerie has one of the most eye-catching bottles in the perfume word.I was expecting a dreamy unforgettable and ethereal smell but no..It is a nice but not unique scent.Not heavy or overpowering,it's powdery and quiet fresh...but not the fairy.The packaging wins the fragrance here.

ana hen
ana hen

Oh :).Bottle ,this little fairy sitting on branch of tree,silver goddess of forest and indigo saphire bottle . Simply great. But I thought that smell will be magic,close ,interesting.And it's good but very predictable -happy raspberry,mandarins,some sugary warm rose.plum liqueur?nice but not smell no unique,no luxury.for my point of view it smell like type of celebrity perfumes.

tatyana_77
tatyana_77

Cheap perfume in a beautiful package. It reminds me of Disney children's perfume. Violets and candy without any development ...

nvenus
nvenus

This bottle!!! I like it so much, hope to get to try the perfume some day!

Wysteria
Wysteria

Violets and berries is what I mostly get. This is a very pleasant fragrance but not special enough for me to buy a full bottle. Though I must admit the bottle looks really nice!

I think it's a somewhat younger cousin of Lolita Lempicka (the purple apple). They are not the same but on me there's a resemblance. Feerie is brighter and more fruity.

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

Got this little pretty in the mail today. Have waited a long time, import laws are such a pain when it comes to perfume millage.

I purchased blind for the delightful bottle, absolutely stunning, what you'd expect from a jewellery come perfumery.

The juice inside?

I'm getting a lovely refined Violet/Rose with a hint of Iris in the air spray but ten minutes on my skin and the Violets and Roses are dusty dry.
Not a bad thing but it's definitely no fresh garden blooms on me.
On me = Potpourri. but still comforting like a welcome home.

Violets & Roses are ageless if done right and this is.

This would make a splendid gift for a debutant or that special Great Aunt.

Scent 5/10
Bottle 11/10 yes it's that pretty.

A very fresh mix of Black Currant, Violet, Rose and Vetiver. A perfect every-day-scent and at-work-scent. Fresh black currant is the note I get most from Feerie EdP. Reminds me of Lalique Amethyst EdP.

En väldigt fräsch mix av svart vinbär, viol, ros och vetiver. Perfekt varje-dag-doft eller på-jobbet doft. Fräsch och lite söt svart vinbär är den mest framträdande noten i Feerie EdP. Påminner lite om Lalique Amethyst EdP.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

Very bitter metallic and borderline pissy (from the currant) on the initial spray and then it dries down to a powdery violet with overtones of orange and red berries.

I don't care for it at all, the drydown is ok but I have issues with violet leaf as a prominent note. That's the reason I can't get along with Daisy. I was hoping that maybe it would be blended in a way that tones it down because I absolutely love Lolita Lempicka.

I can see this earning a place as someone's signature because it's unique and blooms nicely, you just have to love you some violets.

rednut
rednut

Powdery violets with a fruity overlay. The scent is really nothing special at all and i'm wearing it for work to use it up. No one (I don't think) could find it offensive and it is definitely suitable for daytime office wear. Unfortunately, it disappears after an hour and I haven't really come across a scent with such poor longevity before. This is even with layering it with the body lotion. When I have finished it, I will use the bottle as a paperweight because while the scent won't win any prizes, the bottle is absolutely beautiful.

BrittneyN
BrittneyN

Soft Violets surronded by juicy berries. Black Currant & Vetiver are subtle, but noticeable. Lovely scent and gorgeous bottle. Longevity could be better though.

silsilg2
silsilg2

The bottle is much better than the perfume

Jmalone84

This is quite an interesting one which I was not sure about at first. I am pretty sure I don't like it though initially I was impressed. I love the bottle, and my first impression was of an almost effervescent quality- reminded me a little of lemon sherbert. It is simply just a little unpleasant for my taste as it dries down. I can see why it is well liked however. It also has a slightly shampoo/shower gel like generic flavour that I can't place. The description sounds so lovely that I can't help but be disappointed at not enjoying it. It does remind me quite a bit of Lanvin e'clat d'arpege- but I really love the Lanvin one much more than this.

PS I change my mind. I like it. :P

jrhmakeupartistry
jrhmakeupartistry

I blind bought this perfume based on the bottle alone, and I'm so glad that I did.

One can critique the notes of this fragrance all they want, but lets face facts...sometimes it just comes down to olfactory memory. The olfactory bulb is part of the brain's limbic system; an area so closely associated with memory and feeling it's sometimes called the "emotional brain." Smell can call up memories and powerful responses almost instantaneously.

When I sprayed this perfume on my skin, it brought me back to a time in my life that I barely remember anymore; Youth and innocence. Feerie instantly transported me to a time in my life where I still believed in miracles, true love and all that was once good. A time where there was nothing but inherent beauty in the world that was so intense that all I could do was sit back and appreciate what life once was like before the real world slapped me in the face. It's a fragrance that reminds me of my first kiss, walking in the rain without worrying about catching pneumonia, the ability to eat a double cheeseburger without it immediately going right to my rear end.

It's a sweet youthful(I'm 41 and it does not smell remotely juvenile on me) fragrance with surprising complexity: Black currant, Rose, Iris, Jasmine with a nice woodsy base. It's a fragrance that will take you back in time to a sweet wooded path in a forest wherein you might just see a Fairy at the end of the trail. I could kiss Antoine Maisondieu for creating this fragrance... It's something that I forgot existed, especially in a bottle: Innocence, youth, and love that will create memories so thick and rich that you can reach out and grab them and hold them close to your heart.

DAL123
DAL123

Not sure on this one. Its pleasant....but kind of plain. Am going to try this again in a few days and see if it sits any better on me. The bottle is beautiful and might be worth keeping even if the juice doesn't turn me on.

karenlkliu
karenlkliu

It's the type of perfume that you can spray every day and every situation. A little boring, but quite safe.
The more often I wear it, the more secured I feel. I will never be afraid that my scent offends someone!

Wheaters
Wheaters

What a disappointment. Starts off similar to Violette angel but fruitier - promising. Then after a minute or two the Violet and powder disappears in a puff (of faery dust??) and leaves a generic, fruity-floral scent, perfectly pleasant but dull and done many times before. I am so pleased I bought a sample size rather than blind-buy this on the strength of its notes and description; having a full-sized bottle of this would have sorely grated.
It's a nice smell, don't get me wrong, and lovely and fresh for spring. It just fails to live up to the ethereal, powdery-Violet promise of its name, bottle, and notes.

Juliana6

I bought this mainly because of the bottle (it isn't a big surprise, is it?), and so the perfume stood on my shelf, just a gorgeous decoration. Now and then I sprayed the perfume, quite liked it, but no big excitement lately. This spring I bought the famous Guerlain Meteorites and was crazy about that lovely violet powder smell. I wanted a perfume that smells like the Meteorites, but coudn't find. And today- a miracle. I found those Meteorites in Feerie! The heart notes smelled to me like Guerlain Meteorites! Could it be true? The violet and roze mixture opened on my skin so lovely today. Something very tiny, but it made my day. :)

georgetaylor
georgetaylor

Really love the bottle. It is a really nice smell. A little bit simple, at first. Mainly super sweet. Sweet like blue raspberry jolly ranchers or pixie sticks.. Has a citrus tanginess to it.

Once it mellows out, the smell is soft and more floral and complex. Less like sweet candies and more like velvety silk. Easy to wear and easy to like. I would like to sleep in this.

Very happy to have it in my collection. Will bring me sweet dreams.

onaona
onaona

Feerie :)

It is impossible to wear Feerie and not want to smile.
Try it. You'll find it's where the magic begins.
It ends in a composition truly worthy of the packaging, the resulting expectations and a smile that starts with your eyes :)

For me, Feerie is a bit of a matchmaker.

My little faerie introduced me to the consummate floral fruity couple. The lovely, Violet and Black Currant. The two notes are perfectly matched here. They don't quite present the comfort of a long time couple, they're more exciting, more romantic in Feerie... newlyweds. They're together, but still shining individually... bright with the magical feel of youthful courting and possibilities.

Feerie is a persistently hopeful, linear, long wearing little darling.

She is perfect on a windy, windows open day. Just let her in and smile. Believe me, you won't be able to help yourself!

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

If you are not sure about how you want to feel today - try Feerie for a daytime parfume, either for outdoors or for work. It is an uncomplicated but interesting combination of citrus rose and black currant jelly that turns you into whatever you feel like being .... Like a Feerie would. The opening is soft, it sits very close to your skin and has a minimal sillage but it does the job of dressing you up into something quite notable. The drydown is white flowers and more berries and the whole story is gone in literally less than an hour - faster than in Cinderella. The bottle is to die for. If nothing else, this could be the prettiest room spray bottle you have ever had.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

girls, please give me a batch code from your recently bought bottles of this perfume EDP. 2 days ago my bottle of this perfume arrived from Ebay. Both- the bottle and the box seem OK but the batch code is not recognised in several cosmetic calculators online. Batch code on my box and bottle -598098

ClippyluvsMU
ClippyluvsMU

This isn't knock your socks off scent. It is beautiful, full, "you get what you smell", and solid. I hope to never be without it. Simply lovely going on a day date, out to the theater, dinner with colleagues, and religious services, as it is not cloying. It is slightly sexy, more dignified with a youthful twist, though.

brownsugar
brownsugar

This perfume is wayyyyyyy off my grid. I actually bought it for the love of the bottle, whilst hoping I would like the perfume itself. But alas I don't. Gives me the same ewwy feeling I get when I smell Pleasures (Estee Lauder). I really can't say why I don't like it.

9154mf
9154mf

All I'm getting from this are the top notes, sugary blackberry with a hint of something leafy green. What a disappointment. I had high hopes with a decent note list and such a beautiful bottle. But no sorry this is no magical world of dreams and fairies, just a big fat bowl of jelly beans melted and sugary. Ugh! I love sweet scents too but this is just too sweet, lacks any substance and I find the more 'other' perfumes a fragrance reminds you of, can sometimes mean it's just not that great. Not original, nothing different or special.

green_green_eyes
green_green_eyes

Ah. I must strongly disagree with all reviews stating Feerie is "typical fruity-floral" or "celebrity style sweet". Perhaps I'm just lucky because it smells divine on my skin...

I'm not going to say it develops and changes when I wear, it doesn't. However, what I get and what stays with me for 4-5h is delightful composition of raspberry jam, blackcurrant tea and VETIVER.

It is sweet but not cupcake, cookie style sweet. Vetiver is very noticeable and gives this scent special twist, makes it interesting and full of contrasts.

Feerie can be easily distinguished from all these fruitchoulies that flooded perfume market (I'm not biased as I do like some of them!).

Megamind
Megamind

Update January 1st 2016: I would like to reconsider my opinion on this beautiful fragrance. The scent changed with the time. I do not know if it is due to the the time of stockage or the fact that the bottle remained stable for some time without being shacked on the bedroom table but now all elements of this perfume has developed properly and it became subtle, flowery and airy. In the past I found it too sweet with the dominant black current note. But now the black current is more on the background and the perfume became extremely well balanced and only slightly sweet and especially very flowery with aromatic violet and rose that mingle with jasmine and iris creating the atmosphere of the true fairy word. I've chosen to ware it for the magic occasion most of all suitable for such a magic perfume - the new year evening! The period of happiness, best wishes, dreams and hopes that all the following years can be only better then before.

3 Janvier 2015: The bottle is a real gem.
I like this frangrance but I'm afraid to get used to it to the point it becomes usual and cloying for me. So to avoid it I use this perfume rarely for special occasions.
For me it's a sweet flagrance and I can easily detect violets and black current. Pleasant scent and beautiful purchase for my perfume collection.

KIARA85
KIARA85

I got this as a gift, and now it is in our downstairs toilet to be used as a room spray as I hate the smell! pretty bottle though

turtle91
turtle91

pretty bottle, but typical alcoholic fruity floral

AveParfum
AveParfum

I like this fruity perfume. For some reason this is something I would prefer to wear during the colder Holiday months. It smells like an interesting mix of fruity bubblegum, jelly beans, candied violets, and berry bushes found deep in the forest. I think the bottle is really pretty and matches the perfume--fun and sweet.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I absolutely love this (I have the EDT), and I am not usually a fan of fruity florals - and I hate black currant too. Somehow though, this scent balances everything out in a great way! This is one case where I prefer the edt to the edp, the lighter scent suits me better and has amazing longevity and sillage! And yes, I love the bottle too.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

cutest bottle ever!! no idea how it smells, going to blind order it.

This interesting-looking bottle made me try this one today.
It's fresh, floral and powdery at the same time. When I smelt it from the bottle it reminded me of gummy bears somehow.
When I sprayed it, I understood that's probably because of the blackcurrant note.
I like how violet and iris make it powdery, but are still light and even fresh at the same time.
It's a beautiful sweet scent in an elegant outstanding bottle.
I think it's not the mysterious night time scent, but there are definitely some childish gummy bear fairy-tales hidden in it.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Sooo mysterious...and sensual. I think this fume smells very chic and the bottle is so lovely!

lavender sage
lavender sage

One spray goes a very long way. I'm not a big fan of black currant, but I could imagine this perfume really sparkling during the cold northern months especially.
The bottle is stunning. I was even more impressed by it when I saw it in person - it's really a showpiece!

maianh83
maianh83

After using this fragrance 3 times in 3 days, now I understand why Van Cleef and Arpels calls this scent "Feérie", coz it really connects me to the fairy world where Thumbelina and Peter Pan exist, the same vibe as Lolita Lempicka The First Fragrance. I just wish for more the Egyptian Jasmine.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Such a gorgeous, gorgeous scent... Mmmmmm. It is absolutely marvelous. So pleasing to the senses.

Feerie by Van Cleef and Arpels is not just all that appeal by the external. The very promising unique bottle is not to deceive ! The first time I came across the perfume, I said to myself, "You must be kidding me!". I wondered if the perfume would be too strong or probably be very offensive...dark.

I am so glad all those have been answered and that all those are corrected. Feerie is such a nice and soothing scent...such a pleasing note filled with currant-y and some floral sweet note that dries down as a great memory of something nice.

This fragrance lasts quite long too ! It has been 4 hours since I sprayed my wrist and I had worked here and there...I can still smell the scent and it is beautiful.

Day or night, you can't go wrong. I recommend this for the modern chick, working girl and lady who likes to has great ambitions and wants to have dreams to come true...like a fairy !

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

Beautiful bottle. Unfortunately I only have the decant of this because the full version is sold out. It smells like a fresh bouquet of purple flowers plus black currant.
I think this is quite good. And I would still love to have the full bottle just because of the bottle. Nice.

Bihter
Bihter

Black currant and red berries. One of those kind that young girls like. I don't see why this is a haute perfume

maddy.tan18
maddy.tan18

I do love this fragrance to a certain extent. The opening is awesomely fresh without overbearingly citrusy, and I do feel special within the first few hours of wearing it. The dry down is powdery (which is fine) but it tends to be flat; the scent of Violet isn't as obvious as I would like it to be either. Hence, it feels ordinary, say after 4 or 5 hours. Needless to say, the bottle is very pretty and quite possibly, I bought because of this. This is a perfume to be worn during the day; perhaps at the start of your morning till just past mid afternoon.

Lana148
Lana148

I think Feerie is a delightful little fragrance in a pretty blue bottle, with a sweet little topping you can't miss.

The juice is from a "pink" category though. Compared to the other fragrances of it's category - it's really good. The smell stands out, it's memorable, well blended.

It opens as fresh violet & sweet juicy black currant. Dry-down is less exiting, but still good - sweet, dusty violet-iris.

I think it's a very nice and safe gift for a teenager or very young woman.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

یه کار خیلی خوب با تم غالب گل با پخش بو خوب وماندگاری متوسط اما بیشتر از بو ظرف بسیار زیبای این کار جلب نظر میکنه.به جرات میگم زیباترین ظرف عطری که تا به حال دیدم همینه .

LittleDragonette
LittleDragonette

Sweet wine-soaked, sugared violets, black currants and berries. I know that many have said this fades, but on me it seemed to get stronger and stronger. The currants were threatening to become quite noisy and cloying and I already had a headache before I sprayed it---so I had to wash it off before I made it to the dry down......I won't say I don't like it YET....I just have to give it another try soon.
Totally blind-bought this becauuuse...the bottle???!? Yowza.

Aeris
Aeris

I'm trying not to let my bias for the most beautiful perfume bottle ever obscure my review!!!!
This is a lovely fragrance. It starts off with a fruity, floral blast with mainly blackburrent. Luckily the fruits mellow out and more of the powdery violets kick in later. This isn't a signature scent or award worthy, but it's still lovely regardless. It's like I'm in a sparkly fairy forest with violets, woods, greenery, and forest berries. I do believe I will be upgrading from my sample vials to a full bottle. I NEED that bottle!!!

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Sadly another let down in my quest to find amazing violet scents.
(Nothing beats 'Tuca Tuca' by Lush)

This is way too citrusy, i couldn't detect the violet over everything else going on. The bottle is amazing, i'd buy it to display and sell the juice.

goofycaramel
goofycaramel

The bottle is simply a masterpiece. Gorgeous cobalt blue faceted bottle with a fairy perching on a silver branch.

The scent is nice enough, although not unique, as others have mentioned. It's alarmingly fruity in the opening, but quickly dissipates to give a softer violet/berry combination. The wood peeks out for a fleeting moment, but on me once the alarming fruity top notes dissipate, it's just mostly a soft violet berry scent. It does smell a little like Ribena concentrate. I think this is more of a young person's scent.

lirael00
lirael00

Love the bottle and the name but not the scent. On me it smells like black current juice mixed with water that we used to get in a primary school. I wish there would be more magic to it. It fades away fast. Definetly not a must have.

Maringle
Maringle

This perfume looks and smells like childhood dreams. Quite beautiful.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Got a miniature of this, and it is SO similar to Guerlain Insolence! The same strong and slightly smoky violet opening and the lighter powdery drydown. Not my personal favorite but a nice fragrance. If you like Insolence you'll like this. The bottle is simply stunning!

Cielo163
Cielo163

very powdery, gorgeous bottle and gives me a lady like feeling.Longevity is good, sillage is moderate. But I dont think the juice fits the concept of Feerie. Lovely, feminine,beautiful,modern, but definitely not a fairy.
Still love it anyway.

sugar.hristova
sugar.hristova

Not a bad one, reminds me very much of a candy here in Bulgaria called "Violetki", which is basically sugary violets.
Definitely a daywear for me.

Luthien999
Luthien999

Like a walk in the dewy garden surrounded by citruses and flowers... Smells crispy and fresh. Daywear. By the way, bottle looks magical!

joan100
joan100

I was looking forward to smelling this because I thought it would be a unique scent but when I tested it I felt as if I have smelled this quite a few times before. Not that it is a bad smell but it was not what I had expected. I would describe it as a light wearing white floral/syrupy/fruity/powdery scent (think Insolence by Guerlain) which is quite common these days unfortunately. The bottle is really beautiful and of high quality and nearly makes up for the high price tag.

Edit: I have grown to love this fragrance! The review above was just my initial encounter with the fragrance. I love this because it has elements of Promesse by Cacharel, Parisienne by YSL and Gucci EDP 2 which I all really love. Nowadays I cant help but spray myself a liberal dose of this fragrance whenever I am in the department store.

Plrowden
Plrowden

It seems as though I am in the minority of reviewers for this scent. The top notes on me were gorgeous, vibrant violets, a hint of the fruit and with an almost effervescent vibe. It was definitely not sweet. I really don't care for sweet or fruity fragrances and was so relieved that this wasn't one of those. The middle notes are just AHHHHHH! The rose and iris come out and mingle with the violets. The fruit gets a bit stronger, but the iris contains it beautifully. The dry down is what I love the best! Soft, woody, mossy floral that I just lose myself in. I believe this fragrance is beautiful, unique and age appropriate for anyone! It is one of my best ever blind buys!
Sillage is moderate, which is perfect!
Longevity is about 4-5 hours of bliss on me.

Very interesting fruity woody fragrance, elegant and sophisticated! It is quite linear and pleasant all the time. I can smell mostly fruits and vetiver.
Better for an evening than for a daytime, because it is just too chic to go with ordinary outfit. I can imagine it being worn with a little black dress!
Scent like a jewel.

Update: Bottle is so tempting that I've tested it once again. What a shame that it is far too intense for me!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I bought this perfume, like most everyone else, just for the bottle... which doesn't disappoint. Frankly, I was pretty unconcerned about what was inside.

I'm happy to be able to say that I like the juice. It does have a fruity opening that quickly gives way to florals. In fact, it reminds me a lot of Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc which is also heavy on iris and violet, but Feerie is less powdery and has more silage. It's also only moderately sweet with a surprisingly bitter edge, probably thanks to the iris which also adds the powdery note.

The iris is strong with this one, borderline too strong for me for about 30 minutes. I like iris in fragrances but it has a bitterness to it when it's not tempered. Fortunately, after a little while rose comes through to sweeten things up a little bit. In fact, the far dry down reminds me of the woody rose of Cartier's Goutte de Rose.

All in all this is a surprisingly sophisticated fragrance. It's not spectacular but it's solid. If, like me, your goal is to smell like a fairy... I say, "Try it." At worst you'll end up with a gorgeous piece for your dresser. But to me, nothing says "fairy" like Hanae Mori EDT.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

This is a really unremarkable fragrance. To me, it smells like a berry shampoo, which is an instant let down because I do not want my frags smelling like shampoo. I really think this perfume would be better suited to teenage girls who have more sophistication than the norm. You could wear it to school and all the boys would definitely like it, but they wouldn't be smelling of anything too mature for their audience. It's not bad, but not great either.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It's fresh and delicate, like morning dew in the forest, at first a bit fruity and ozonic, but definitely not powdery. After 5 minutes it becomes really mysterious, violet and iris come out and this is the beautiful moment, worth waiting for! But then it just disappears, like the little fairy from the cap:(

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I got a sample of this from a lovely member!

I instantly recognized the smell, but couldn`t put my finger on what it smelled like... But now, hours of thinking later it hit me, this totally smells like Benetton Tribu that I wore as a teenager in 1993!

They share 6 notes actually - black currant, mandarin, vetiver, violet, rose and jasmine.

The bottle of Feerie looks sooo cute btw. Just imagine that one on a mirror tray, divine. Just divine.

ledavis727
ledavis727

Hello beautiful! I purchased a bottle of this in early August and I am practically bouncing up and waiting for Summer to come around so I can experience this perfume in warm weather. It is a very candied, sweet scent; it reminds me a lot of powdery sweet tarts but has a velvety smooth deep edge to the tartness -- I suspect that could be the blackcurrants. The sweetness mellows as it dries and the woody notes begin to come out, but there is always a hint of that playful berry smell that makes me keep sniffing my wrist with a huge grin on my face.

atiet97
atiet97

Feerie EDP is a sweet floral fruity perfume. It's not a head turner, not a unique nor an out this world type of scent. Instant reminder of other type that has been there quite a while, maybe Gucci EDP II or Jeanne by Lanvin or some other forgettable perfumes, although it's obviously louder and bolder than Jeanne.

Actually I' m putting too much hope on Feerie. I would expect a real feerie to smell like woods, green and etheral rather than smelling candied sweet. Well well well.....no woods, no imaginary character, no story. Just plainly ordinary, a perfume that fits a girly girl from the urban scene. If you're into juice, don't buy it! Not worth the price! But if you're bottle maniacs like me, I'd probably buy it if it's cheap and ignore the juice.

The scent is filled with sweet berries and pungent mango in the opening. Moments after, rose, jasmine and I guess a little bit of musk were joining the stage, with faint woods in the background. The juice grows sweeter by time, and that was my defining moment for me to stop. Nice and could work/ suits others, but not for me. No, thanks.

Camana
Camana

I ordered a sample of this because of the violets, but the first time I tried it (in the summer), I couldn't really detect them- just a nondescript fruity floral. This is the third time I have tried it (late fall), and the violets are much more noticeable. They are sweet and fruity, though I can not detect any other notes. While I like this scent, I definitely do not think it is worth the money- it smells like a cheap celebrity fruity floral. I feel if this was a better quality scent, they could have used something than the artificial "red berries" note and gone for the real thing- I would have liked to smell the violets against a real strawberry or raspberry. Same thing with the green and wood notes in the description. A pretty bottle, though.

Juliana6

This scent is a real chameleon! Like the jewel stones cut the light and reflect it differently, this scent plays in the air and every whiff is different.
I tried it in the past and said- oh, raspberry, meh, nothing special! Now I must admit- I was wrong!
Today I smell completely another edge of it. Yes, first spray is raspberry and citrus, then it settles down and becomes an excellent woody scent. Like hot, hot day in the woods, sweet scent of moss, trees, grass, wild berry bushes, wild flowers, a waterfall somewhere near. It's just the environment where this beautiful fairy could dwell.
My advice to those who don't like it- please, give it one more try ( or two)! It opens slowly and you can never know when this wonderful fairy will be ready to let you discover her beauty.

kateapple
kateapple

This is definitely one of the more unique scents that I own! I bought it blind based on the reviews...and admittedly, because of the gorgeous bottle, too...and I am definitely pleased! I would describe it as a woody berry scent. Something about the notes gives it the feeling of a dry berry mojito...it's very crisp! Definitely earthy, but more wood than greenery. It feels very fairy-like to me!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

This fragrance is just as unique as its bottle. The violet blackcurrant combination is a piece of art. It reminds me of violet pastilles candy. There is also a hint of bitterness to balance the heavy sweet fruity notes, which adds some freshness to the overall impression. A strong, unique statement perfume for those who like violets, however this is not for me.

MsDana
MsDana

This is on my need to get asap list, the notes sound absolutely heavenly, and my bf adores Violet scents. I have not had the fortune to sample this one yet, but I will blind buy it, the bottle is a piece of art.

Update: I just got it from Amazon, and I am in love, the mid notes and dry down are most impressive, longevity is good. My BF LOVES it. I was concerned about the black currant note as it is not my fav, but all the notes mesh beautifully together. So glad I bought it, perfect for romantic evenings too, very happy.

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

The bottle is what will initially get you, but Feerie's scent is what will really make you love it. It's a very original one.

Feerie definitely lives up to the regalness that is it's pretty bottle.

This is the fragrance of sweet violets dancing with delicate powder. Just like the tiny little fairy sitting on top of it, it exudes innocence and purity. I have never loved violet themed perfumes until I ran into this little gem. The only downfall to this lovely perfume is the lasting power, it really only lasts a few hours on me and then it's gone. It really doesn't bother me all too much though, the scent itself is very much worth the respraying.

Oahsa
Oahsa

ريحته ورود وشوي حمضي. بس المشكله انه واااايد خفيف

سعره وايد غالي عسب الغرشه, بس حلو تتعطرون فيه قبل النوم

اتصحكم فيه لو تحبون العطور الهاديه والبارده بس

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Feerie has one of the most eye-catching bottles in the perfume world. The bottle itself is already attractive enough to make me commit an impulse blind buy. However, a gorgeous bottle containing a splendid fragrance, isn't it too good to be true? Well, splendid might it not be, I certainly had a delightful surprise.

The opening actually smells slightly spicy to me. For the first hour, besides vague fruits and flowers, I also smell something like ginger.

After the gentle spiciness fades away, here comes a lovely blend of sparkling black currant and red berries, powdery violet and a light touch of rose. Every composition offers their most adorable aspects but still remain in harmony. It smells like some sort of violet candy. Sweet, not the gourmand type, but with a mature approach.

However, feerie still has one important drawback IMO. After about 3 hours, it soon dries down into a soft iris scent with a ghost of the wonderful middle notes. It's still lovely, but with 2 good spritzes I still have to stick my nose to the wrist to detect it.

Nevertheless, it's still a lovely and versatile fragrance in a stunning bottle. Plus, it's a fragrance relatively easy to appreciate. I'm sure most people will be happy receiving it as a gift.

Pooja37
Pooja37

An absolutely delightful addition to my perfume collection!

The bottle is truly spectacular, like a work of art - a deep blue multi faceted crystal globe with a tiny silver faerie resting on the silver twigs above, watching over the fragrance...

Who would have thought that the juice in it, would be equally beautiful? But it is. I get a delicious waft of black currants, some citrus, fruity (but not over the top) sweetness with a tangy floral kick that is simply divine.

The sillage is about four feet but inoffensive to those around at the same time because the fragrance is also really pretty. As is the powdery dry-down on my skin. Lasted seven hours on me.

What more can a girl ask for?!

szilviabartha
szilviabartha

What a beautiful bottle! And the fragrance is all violet on me. Very soft and sweet. I am glad I ordered it.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

I loooooooove looooove this one very elegant and simple at the same time its's really soft and powdery it calms me down can be worn anyyyyy time I would sure rebuy it

Lakambini
Lakambini

Nice concept, but I would have expected fairies to exude a cold, green and somewhat heartless odor. Feerie is a sweetish, surprisingly voluptuous youthful floral. I could smell a hint of sharp fresh peach (actually, it could have been the blackcurrant giving it that pleasant tartness). The heart veers away into a sticky rosy peachy musk. I wore this to an afternoon party and two sprays were still going strong 12 hours later, and I didn't even spray my clothes. I didn't detect a powdery element in the dry-down though: after the first hour, the fragrance stayed pretty much the same.

Feerie is a 20 something girl with a full face of makeup applied with a sure and experienced hand. Its raison d'être seems to be to make the wearer as attractive and non-threatening to the opposite sex as possible: the olfactory equivalent of a huge pink bow atop a present. Despite the obvious quality of the scent (rich and very long-lasting), it can be placed well within the contemporary genre of tooth-achy offerings that give young women a generic sexual-sweet aura regardless of the price point. A similar effect may be had with Justin Bieber Someday. I like Feerie but would steal spritzes (to read 10 years younger!) rather than hanker for a full bottle.

MysticMeg
MysticMeg

May update:
i gave this away to my sister over the weekend. even though the bottle is beautiful the perfume was a bit boring. my sister loves it though!

November review:
i saw the bottle yesterday and thought mmm... quirky and interesting and sprayed some on my left hand. it smelled nice but boy oh boy did it settle down great. i could even smell it after a session at gym. i went back to the store this morning and purchased it.

kayley123
kayley123

I love the top and base of this; the top is all red berries and blackcurrant, blended with some violet that softens it and gives it a bit of a powdery feel. After an hour or two, the heart gives way to rose and jasmine; of which I am not really a fan. However, another hour or so later, it turns back into the red berries and blackcurrant with a bit more iris. This lasted overnight for me. I am not sure if I like or LOVE it, I think I can only say "like" because although I love 2/3 (top and base) and really disliked the middle.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thanks EK for the generous sample. Blackcurrant is most evident on the opening and then a little while later the violets appear. Although it's one of the few Van Cleef & Arpels I can appreciate, it's a tad too sweet and fruity for me and not something I'd be thinking about buying.

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

The EDP is much better than the EDT for sure. I can smell all the notes which is good: blackcurrants, red berries, violet, rose, vetiver, jasmine and mandarin. I like the smell of this a lot, but I still think that for an EDP, the strength and lasting power of this perfume should be better. After 2 hours, I can still catch a wiff of it when I smell my wrist, but it is not strong enough to be a head-turner :(

Brenwen
Brenwen

Intoxicating...

evesoho
evesoho

This perfume is on my list to test.

Feerie was also the name of a perfume by the Parisian house of Rigaud (founded in 1852), now a luxury home fragrance company. According to their website, they developed Feerie in the 1930s, which was a hit for them, but production was interrupted by - then re-managed after - the war. Empty bottles of it are being sold for upwards of $550 US on ebay. The perfume inspired a now-famous utterly gorgeous painting of a nude woman that was also used in its advertisement. I wonder if VC&A were able to borrow more than the name from Rigaud's creation... I'd be interested to know of any similarity besides the title!

butterbean
butterbean

I bought this blind from Neiman Marcus -- based on reviews and recommendations. I REALLY LIKE!!

I expected it to be more sweet. But it's ever so slightly tart or bitter (a good thing).

It is fruity, without being overly sweet and gourmand. Which makes me smile -- I have finally found a fruity parfum that isn't sugary sickly sweet at all!

This is really nice. I love the tart black currant. If you have ever eaten black currants they are very different - bitter and not very sweet at all.

Feerie sweetens slightly after the first 20 minutes, the jasmine and rose make themselves known yet are not overpowering, and the dry down is a light powdery iris. The black currant and hints of mandarin notes carry through the entire longevity which is very nice. I love that the top notes you can detect all the way through the dry down, and don't completely fade.

It is not a sugary sweet, candy or syrupy scent at all. It is fruity yet slightly sweet with a bitterness that is really beautifully done. I wouldn't call this overly powdery either. The Iris (which gives it the powdery scent) is very nice.

Longevity is fairly good!

I am really happy with this purchase.

erikalee
erikalee

Reminds me of meteorites by guerlain. lovely, sweet, and candied raspberries.

Lily Of The Walley
Lily Of The Walley

❤ =^ᴥ^= ❤

Jellybean
Jellybean

What a beautiful fragrance :) Powdery violets and black currant have the highest accent here. Everything else fits in nicely, making this scent warm-sweet-powdery floral. Clean fresh jasmine, vetiver and rose prop the first two and nicely soften this fragrance. Not mentioned here, but there's definite anise presence in the top notes.

Kind of reminds me of Caron's Aimez Moi-one of the best ones outthere. Drydown = more of sweet berries 'n roses.

Funny enough when I smelled the perfume from the bottle was not really sure I was going to like it, well what a surprise, once I applied it to my skin, was it ever heavenly oh la la!

Moderate on silage and longevity, but the composition is simply beautiful. The package itself is a decorative piece of addition.

TanteSimone

Green and mysterious---suited for women who can place one under a spell. The violet and the blackcurrant give some depth to the florals, making it sheer yet full bodied. It is one of the smoothest fragrances I have ever encountered.

If I will compare it to one, it would be to Dior's I Love Dior. However, Feerie is classier, frutier, has better packaging, and less metallic than I Love Dior.

This lasts and lasts and lasts on me. I should wear it more.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Very enjoyable!! Quite unique, not like something I have smelled before. Opens rather citrussy (which must be the Italian Mandarin) on me after which it settles into a (not too) sweet blend of slightly powdery fruity/flowery notes on a bed of wood which is not overpowering but rather subtle. I wished it would be a bit stronger with a little more sillage.
The bottle is gorgeous! As it is with every creation of VC&A!

lolllee2nd
lolllee2nd

So glad I tried a sample of this and didn't buy based on the notes alone. I've had good luxk buying blind thanks to Fragrantica but this purchase at its high price would have been regrettable. In me thus seriously smells just like crushed sweet tarts and nothing else, sweet tarts that just get stronger and stronger every passing minute. I guess it could be fairy like, a plastic, pink haired child's toy of a fairy. Too bad, i've been looking for something fantastically otherworldly.

miquita
miquita

I have a prejudice with perfume bottles: I don't trust them. At the beginning I hated this fragance, I really don't like the opening. Half an hour later I couldn't keep my nose very far from my wrist, I had become addicted. Still, I wasn't sure... I tried it three more times comparing it with some other fragances.

Took me two years to find something like this: awsome, delighfull, joyfull, classy. I really love it.

In my very pale skin it smells fruity, not so much floral, but not too sweet, just perfect.

I don't think it would work for everyone either, is very personal. In my skin it smells great.

gingerren
gingerren

This is the most BEAUTIFUL perfume i have. the bottle and the fragrance itself. I just love it

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

if you want to smell like a fairy this is your perfume...for young girls... very sweet. the bottle is really nice.

TanteSimone

I hated this at first sniff but I really, really like the bottle so I kept dabbing myself with the mini that I got. Like all my favorites, it grew on me---little by little until I find myself reaching for it more often, like a comfort scent.

For me, this is the darker sister of Dior's I love Dior, but for some reasons, this is so many notches more impressive because of the way it mixes with the skin. I would love to own a full sized bottle.

This smells like velvety flowers dipped in the most expensive fragrant wines. The bottle is hypnotic too.

milkyway
milkyway

Very smooth and sweet fragrance..I'd imagine soft oil rather than liquid when I sniff this. It's really fruity, with almost no heavy base noted to balance that out. I'm very surprised not to find any musc in the composition, because it does have a soapy-ish clean smell to my nose, maybe it's the green crispiness of vetyver. Very fruity, extremely long lasting and the bottle is to die for..
I like it for it's quality and overall appeal, however it's too sweet for my taste and I couldn't wear it much.. But I'm sure fruit lovers will appreciate it's beauty.

tvu
tvu

I love this midnight blue bottle, but i am not in love with the juice inside - just ordinary, nothing striking. On a positive note, this perfume last well over 6 hours, however, sillage is too soft. Unlike Oriens which smell far superior than this. Nevertheless, the bottle design is super cute in child like way. I find myself constantly smiling when looking at it, dreamlike :) (so it's worth paying the money for just looking at the bottle :)) Oh, those spiky twig is rather odd, but very useful! I can hang my rings on the branch & the angel wings -> an alternative usage for the bottle as a ring hanger :)

Btw, this is EDP is slightly better than EDT version as it has a hint of mysterious depth where the EDT lacks. I recommend the EDP version.

Dixie Diva
Dixie Diva

The package is beautiful, even though the top could double as a weapon. But the scent... oh my .. it's lovely. Deep black current and violet backed by woods. It's subtle, but sexy and the violet is anything but old lady. On me it's floral, but not sweet -- somewhat of a floriental. The dry down is violet and woods and last a long long time.

brunaa.camargo
brunaa.camargo

When I wear it, I'm feel like a black currant jam !
And yes, I love it !
I just love the mix of black currant with the violet and the mandarin !

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Too fruity for my skin.
I only smell black currant...
Big fail for me... sad...

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

Tried my sample this morning. Am I the only person getting indolic jasmine from this?

I like it. Love the bottle. Not sure if it is my cup of tea though.

Jarrah
Jarrah

Got it with the whole set. Well, the whole set ia a 100ml perfume and a body lotion.
it smelled great ones i used it with the body lotion.
so i didn't need to use so much of it.
lasts all day long and smelled like a fresh and expensive Dark Chocolate BOX!!!

tsunnami
tsunnami

The bottle is totally awkward...so I agree there with most of the reviews. But it is pretty.

After wearing this for about an hour, it ends up smelling like I rubbed a dry bar of soap on myself and then topped it off with baby powder. It smells just strange.

I think it might just be my body chemistry, because it starts out fairly nice.

Once you manage to get over the rather awkwardly designed bottle top, Feerie is not such a bad scent afterall.

Don't get me wrong, there is something rather likable about the midnight blue, crystal bottle, and the silver fairy sitting on a twig, but for handling purposes, especially in the large 100ml bottle, it can be more like a weapon of mass destruction than a beautiful bottle on your dresser.

The top notes can be a little on the strong side, with thick, juicy black currant and oily rose. I had fears that this fragrance would be venturing down the same path as Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Thankfully it does not.

The heart is much smoother and more tame, with a beautiful, dusty blend of violet leaf, delicate roses and vanillary woods. The scent is actually quite magical, and I have admittedly grown to love it over time. It's a great choice for Winter or night-time.

Everyone seems to be complaining about the price, but I'm not in the same boat, seeming that a full size bottle can be found for less than $50 in my country. But to be completely honest, I probably wouldn't pay any more than that to own Feerie.

I didn't find Feerie to be too sweet, or even a sickly gourmand. If anything, it's a delicately presented fruity floral, best suited to cool weather. I'm very thankful that this isn't a sillage monster on the skin, and am even more pleased by the great lasting strength.

The targeted age range in my opinion, is probably aimed at women in their late teens to mid twenties. Essentially it's something I could imagine myself wearing and receiving a fair few compliments too.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

At first, I was disappointed that it is so light. Of course, it would be! What did I expect a strong oriental? Slap head now. I do have the edp and it is LIGHT, airy and oh yes, beautiful. Ethereal...

This is one that could be for any age, it is timeless. I could even see giving to a tweener, as it would be lovely and inoffensive as a scent and so gorgeous a bottle. Conversely, it would also be a great scent for an intimate encounter, as some strong nightclub strength scents are overpowering to most men when that close. Sexy? Only in that he could still smell you through it.

The edt must be even slighter? Still, I am tempted to get it so my bottle will have a companion.

chinna
chinna

I feel something that is very fresh on this perfume.With a naked eye, I would use this for summer

Blombst
Blombst

Fell in love for the bottle at first, then fell for the perfume! I´m planning to buy it again!

adele l
adele l

This one i'm purchasing for the bottle- I did order a decant to test it first. Seems to be a very straightforward violet scent, slighly but not overly sweet. The far dry down is very clean and fresh to me- it may actually be a good day wear scent of all things. That said, I don't find it remarkable or distinctive..Feerie shower wash, however, is simply amazing and saturated with fragrance.

heatherine
heatherine

As marketing professionals realize, I was immediately attracted to the bottle, bought a sample online, and fell in love. Not something I'd wear every day, but I do plan on purchasing a full-sized bottle for my next big fragrance splurge. Woodsy-sweet. I can sense the fairy sitting on my shoulder all day long.

chinchillita2
chinchillita2

A really luxurius fairy tale fragance and bottle!!! is great... sofisticated and unique!!! Only for people that like and apreciates the real very good quality on a parfum!
My first impression was to be smelling the freshly blooming violets of my grandmother's yard... after i felt the rose and vetiver.... all accompanied by a subtle and enveloping soft scent of fresh mandarines... A set of unique and magical aromas.

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

Feerie really surprised me. I bought this one blind because I love the unique bottle. I wasn't expecting much based on the notes but I found a 50ml bottle on eBay for a great price and figured it was worth it just to add that bottle to my collection. Upon trying it, I have to say I really like it! It may be love - time will tell.;) This perfume SPARKLES. It's very sweet and fresh but has just enough woodiness in the dry down to tamper the sugar overload. I'm really loving black currant lately and this frag presents the note just beautifully. Feerie has excellent silage and longevity - 12 hours plus. I think it just works well with my chemistry. It surrounds me with a lovely aura and I find myself smiling every time the scent touches my nose.

I tested it today.

When I first saw this bottle , I knew- I must have it! But, thanks God, I was reasonable enough to try the perfume before purchasing.
All I got was a lot of raspberry, iris and some mandarin. It's very sweet, too sweet for me. I'm 26, I think it's very romantic, girlish and joyful.
The scent is of high quality but not my cup of tee, not at all.
But still, the bottle is a piece of art. I still adore it!

nikitajade
nikitajade

I love the bottle, although it may not appeal to every aesthetic, I find it charming. When I first sprayed it, it reminded me of expensive baby soap, but as it dried and the violets and iris became more prominent, it became beautifully darker and richer. I still find it somewhat childlike, but it's a naughty child, puts me in the mind of "there was a little girl, with a little curl..." I love it. I think it will get a lot of use this spring.

kwarnst
kwarnst

This is a very luxurious fragrance; it’s a lovely scent and the bottle is beyond beautiful (although not everyone may share that opinion!). A fairy is elegantly sitting on a twig, decorating the cap of the midnight blue perfume bottle. I think the bottle is stunning, and it is one of the few fragrances that I keep unboxed so I can admire its beauty whenever I pass by my perfume collection.

The fragrance has violet and green notes in the opening, accompagnied by mandarin and blackcurrant. It makes a refreshing and (very) sweet start. The heart is feminine, classy and sophisticated. The rose plays a master role, I can’t detect the jasmine, but I still can smell the fresh sweetness of the mandarin. The drydown is more woody, softer, warmer. Iris and vetiver are clearly present.

I think this fragrance has to be tested on the skin. On fabric it develops in a very clean and fresh way, but it is more feminine, sensual and warmer on the skin.

It is rather pricey and I can imagine that it could even be considered to be too expensive, especially when the design of the bottle is not appealing to one’s taste.

Great lastingpower, moderate sillage.

Who among us can forget Violet Beauregarde, the chubby American girl in the twentieth-century film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Whenever Violet was not in the process of eating something, she satisfied her oral fixation by chomping loudly on gum, not at all unlike a cow with its cud. She acquired a winning ticket in the Willy Wonka contest and so was admitted to the chocolate factory, along with Charlie, the nemesis of all of the other contestants. Violet was accompanied to the factory by her loud, aggressive father, Sam Beauregarde, who was apparently either a politician or (vel) a used car salesman. Charlie, in this nouveau-Dickensian little tale, just happened to be situated at the extreme tip of the other side of the poverty line, far away from all of the other winners, and it was nothing short of miraculous that he happened by chance upon one of the winning tickets.

In the end, karma dictated that all of the naughty and/or vicious little children should be punished, including Violet, whose tragic Fall was occasioned by her brazen disobedience of a direct order not to chew a piece of experimental gum. Violet blew up like a gigantic blueberry not only for her aesthetic crime of chomping constantly on gum but also for her cut-throat competitiveness, which really did her in, in precisely the manner in which one might expect karma to work: like a knife (or a bolt, see below...) in the back. She came dangerously close to exploding before being rolled down the hall to the juicing room by the oompa loompas for triage. Although Violet was spared the death penalty, she was summarily stripped of the right to romp about the grounds of the chocolate factory as a direct result of this self-induced medical emergency.

***

Perhaps you, dear reader, did not remember Violet Beauregarde, but I am fairly confident that the makers of Van Cleef & Arpels FEERIE did, for it is clear that she provided the deep inspiration for this creation. From the über-cloying black currant syrup sprinkled with violet leaves to the trucker tire-flap icon reproduced in miniature statuette form and applied to the ice-pick-like cap, FEERIE embodies the essence of Violet Beauregarde aesthetic.

I can state without hyperbole that this is the sweetest ostensibly serious perfume I've ever sniffed. Although I've been known to bitch and moan about dilution, this composition has basically the opposite problem, being so thick and glucose-rich that it could easily be mistaken for one of those fruit syrups that come in bulbous bottles with sliding pour mechanisms—the ones arrayed in a lazy susan of sorts in booth tables at fine eateries such as the International House of Pancakes, no doubt frequented by the Beauregarde family. Rather than a fruity floral, I'd say FEERIE is a true fruity-fruity perfume, because the syrupy black currant note is so dominant and so persistent and so thick and so, well, black curranty, that it is precisely like Violet Beauregarde in its extreme egotism, excluding all else as it screams out “Me! Me! Me! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Although FEERIE might mix well with a rose soliflore, as a stand-alone perfume, it pretty much deserves the karmic fate eventually suffered by Violet Beauregarde, fittingly enough. Even the bottle is bright blueberry blue, and although the edges are faceted, from a distance, it evokes in this viewer's mind memories of one and one thing alone: Violet Beauregarde as her girth continues to expand to its ultimate bursting point while her face turns progressively more blue.

Now for the intricate embellishments, the carefully thought-out "finishing touches" upon the vessel in which this fruit syrup is housed. Once again, as with ORIENS, Van Cleef & Arpels has come up with a beautiful bottle totally degraded by its over-the-top cap! I'm beginning to suspect, actually, that those working in the art department of this house have a secret wager going: who can get away with the kitschiest cap on a perfume successfully launched before being served their walking papers? To my amazement, FEERIE actually manages to defeat (and that is no mean feat, by any means!) ORIENS, indisputably winning the top honors in the “most ridiculous cap ever” category! How in the world did the artist get away with this? Every American inhabiting the broad underbelly of this land—including the Beauregarde family—knows the naked lady on the tire flaps of semi-trucks: this image is virtually ubiquitous to anyone who drives cross country on freeways. There she sits amidst only her curves, beckoning YOU, her leg suggestively bent, a bust thrust directed your way.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you must be a city dweller—or else a for'ner. The next time that you embark on a road trip in this not-so-fair land, I exhort you to take a few moments, pull into a truck stop, and examine the tire flaps on the semis parked there. Yes, *that very image*, the Platonic Form of the “Curvy Naked Lady Looking to Sleep with You” has been fashioned into a tiny silver three-dimensional facsimile which has been nailed (literally—there's a visible bolt in her back!)—as to a crucifix—to the ice pick atop the FEERIE bottle! (The ice pick itself is perfect, by the way, for pricking swollen blueberries...) Amazing! Truly an accomplishment of sorts. I stand humbled before the person who pulled this job off. Bravo!

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

Got a raving compliment on this from my dog's vet, so I made a sample for her. Then I got 2 compliments on it in one day! A soft, tender violet with some complexity. Had a sample and fell hard for it and the bottle is a bene. You get a fairy sitting on a branch on the cap; it's quite a lovely piece of work.

nooory
nooory

To my nose, this is the lightest fragrance i've ever smelled.
I don't hate it, but i think it has low self-esteem!
don't laugh.. i really do. It's got all those yummy notes (violet) but they're shying away and all i smell is alcohol and other fruity notes that disappear in mere seconds. And i'm pretty sure i didn't sample a bad bottle as i made sure to try it everytime i go to the department store. The bottle is a masterpiece, but the juice is so so so shy. I don't own a bottle, because i won't shell my money on something that light, i'd get a violet body mist for a fraction of its price, but if i did, i'd definitely wear it to bed since it's light, airy, dreamy and inoffensive

Seraphic
Seraphic

Strong, overly fruity, and in your face.

This is definitely not one of those fragrances for everyday. I had gotten this as a Christmas gift when it first came out because I collect bottles and this one is definitely an exquisite one. However, upon putting this on I never touched it again. The black currant is really strong and there is another sharp note in there that bothers me a lot. It seems to stay the same throughout the life of the scent, no real changes from top to base notes.

Mind you, I'm usually an oriental and gourmand kind of girl and on rare occasions I like Fruity Florals but only if they're actually soft and very faint in the fruit department. This is definitely not faint, if you like really fruity smells then I'd recommend.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

This was fruity for about two seconds, and then the smell of musty private parts was too obvious to ignore. I'll be using the rest of my sample layered with something else..

stackedjpeg
stackedjpeg

From a guy's point of view.... no detials, just my feelings and opinion :-)

My wife had this out amongst a few others and it smiled at me straight away :-)

Fruity, sweet, strong, lingering, I love you.

It's lovely. I liked it straight away. felt a bit strong at the start but, calmed down a bit. also calmed ME a bit :-)
Again, going out? Staying in with something sexy, this is one to have on :-)
It touched my smell sensation straight away leaving me wondering what's next...
After I smelled this, I found myself sniffing her other bottles wondering if there is anythig better?

It's an absolute star. Unfortunately, I can't give you a lot of details on, what and how it compares to... it's just stunning (On her) and the lovely looking bottle will make me want to buy it for her :-)

Top form 9/10

Pari88
Pari88

This perfume is the perfect floral fruity! A little bit of fruit and a little bit of flowers, a slight bit of powdery iris thrown in; not too fresh and not too warm. Very sparkly, like a star lit night sky. It is a simple fragrance but it can never go wrong, and you can never be bored with it because it is just so darn sweet and it lasts forever on your skin! You will get whiffs of this all day and night (magical violet), it floats on your skin like a Fairy. The bottle is a great piece of eye candy too! Good for young girls and older women alike.

c3c
c3c

I've wanted to try this for a long time and I finally got my hands on a sample. Unfortunately I'm not loving it. It is similar in style to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Bvlgari Femme except I like those two and I'm not digging Feerie. I suppose its all in the perfume styles you enjoy.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

smells nice, but nothing special..I´d buy it just for the bottle...the scent is not as spectacular as I expected :/

FireFaerie
FireFaerie

Starts off smelling like a sweet summery-light version of Lolita Lempicka. Then (and this might just be me) it develops a tinge of something buttery and plastic? I don't know how else to describe it. Happily, that fades out relatively quickly, and the scent left behind is a gentle, romantic violet that lasts for a fairly decent amount of time.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh this is realy refreshing. Sweet cool drinkable almost:)
the black currant is very notisable and its sweetend just right whit the Beautiful Violets , and whit the Mandarin notes , its just perfect , makes this so so refreshing.
the Rose and Jasmin is blending in well , but the topp notes seams to last and last , making this eaven more beautiful and richer.
the Orris and vetiver in the bottom note finich it up beautifuly. this is a real gem. Looking at the bottle i would not have thought this to be so fresh and bright.
Actualy in the begining i felt a instant reminder off Bright crystal . Some of the same fresh notes .
not very like , but a reminder .
This also smells like somthing i have smelled before , but i can not right now put my finger one it .
Very delicios . and long lasting.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

What a gorgeous bottle !!

I shall blind buy for the bottle alone .......and if i like the juice thats a bonus !!!

pauluch3
pauluch3

I like it, although it's not really my cup of tea. It's fresh and floral. I get a lot of violets with some soft woody background. In the beginning it's a bit sour, but after a while the sweetness comes out. The fragrance is very unique and sophisticated. And the stopper is just a work of art, yet not very handy.

Edit: Today it turned out that it's great in extremely hot weather. I used up my sample with pleasure to cool myself down on today's hot Sunday. It's really refreshing, but you have to reapply it since it evaporates quite rapidly. Then again, every time you do it, the scent makes you feel clean and happy.

purplegothicbarbie
purplegothicbarbie

Lovely. Very aquatic and fresh. The above description says it all so perfectly. I think this could appeal to many different noses, none of the notes are too demanding in one certain scent direction. But what comes together here is twinkling "friendly" scent, if you will. Airy, dream-like, inspiring, compassionate, mystical and magical.....promotes all of these scenses/feelings for me. Good Stuff!

Pinni
Pinni

I've never smelled it but I absolutely adore the bottle! I hope I'll find it somewhere and get to smell it.

SheShe
SheShe

Actually the bottle isn't 100 % my type. Nice but the top is too long ;) But it's OK, and the fragrance... I love it :)

I got it for the first time as a sample. When I sniffed it first, I thought: "Oh my God, fireworks!" and the fragrance made me smile. I really had all this firework display in my head: violet, red, yellow, green sparkles and the dark sky above. Then the show came to an end and I could smell something sweet and burnt, like a shadow of this firework show, an end and what was left in the air after the show, burnt fireworks. Gorgeous job.

The end of the smell is sweet like sweet memories after the event.

I simply had to buy the bottle :)

Also the package is great: navy-blue, white, but when you watch it in the darkness, with a lit lamp, you see sparks conjured and the tracks the fairy leaves with her wand.

majatyme
majatyme

i loved the bottle so I got it cheap off ebay. I really like the scent but it is way too sweet, actually reminds me of some of the much cheaper perfumes that are out. Wish I would have loved it becuz OMG is the bottle beautiful!!

Eleiria
Eleiria

It'll be the thousandth time but, what a gorgeous bottle! It's a beautiful piece of art. And the little fairy on top of it... Adorable.

As for the fragrance, I'd say it's lovely. Just lovely. Sweet, only a little powdery, nice and elegant. I agree that it's not a unique fragrance, the market is all about sweet florals but Feerie is not your average sweetie. It's definitely quality. Violet and iris are so good together, I almost get the violet color when I inhale Feerie deeply.

The sillage is great, my mother asked me "What is this beautiful smell?" as soon as I stepped inside the door and it was only 2 spritz on the back of my hand. It's long lasting too. Overall, I really love this fragrance. Bit too pricey but very good.

suzy Nasr

I got it .. yaaay.. OMG the body lotion is magic. I don't need to wear the perfume when I put on lotion.. its strong enough on its own..

suzy Nasr

I cant wait to have it :D. its my birthday gift from my mom in a month.. yaaay loved how it smelled when i tried it.

krissycat
krissycat

I actually really like this one. Very sweet violet.. soft and sensual. And the bottle is to die for.

truffles
truffles

A horrid chemical/fruity mess. I had to scrub it off. And so expensive! Pity as it's such a lovely bottle.

lilou
lilou

Wonderful bottle ! I wanted it in my collection so I get it. But the blend is not amazing, it smells good, like sweets, it lasts all day long but it's too common. I thought there was an incredible perfume into such an incredible bottle. But there wasn't...

Winterlaurel
Winterlaurel

Out of the three formulations of Féerie, this one is by far the sweetest one. This EDP has quickly become my signature scent, replacing Escada Collection after YEARS of searching.

On me, this fragrance dries down to a sweet, smooth violet. The violet is very strong, yes, but the iris butter really shines through after a couple minutes and grounds it. The result is a shimmering youthful fragrance suitable, in my opinion, for all age groups.

Since I've seen many reviews based upon kneejerk reactions, here is how the fragrance varies per formulation:

EDT - very floral and soft. While it isn't as sweet as the EDP, this version is the youngest smelling of the three formulations. I would not wear this one regularly as its drydown can be 'little girly'.

EDP - very sweet, almost candied violets with buttery iris undertones that balance it out and keep it from smelling 'childish'. Honestly, it's more complex than most people here have described it. It smells almost edible without smelling at all like a generic 'celeb' fragrance. All ages here, very accessible.

Parfum - This version has the most iris of all the formulations and it is readily obvious from the start. I'd say this is the one for someone looking for the subtle notes - it almost feels a bit like an artisan fragrance. It starts off as a powdery floral, drying down to a warm iris. A VERY very subtle sweet violet keeps the iris from feeling too dry. It doesn't smell 'edible' like the EDP, but rather soothing and calming. By far, this is the most mature of the three formulations - I'd recommend this one for mid twenties all the way up.

Before judging Féerie, I strongly urge you to check out all three formulations. :) For me, the EDP is PURE magic and the Perfume is a nice calm everyday fragrance.

carmenelectra
carmenelectra

The GREATEST bottle ever!

To describe the personality, Feerie is a highly sophisticated, elegant, sensual, luxurious, romantic and somewhat melancholic...

It is definitely not a perky scent so I do not recommend it to teenagers. There is something in it that reminds me of fall days.

It is a sweet violet scent, but it does NOT smell CHEAP! It shares almost the same opening with Une Touche de Naf Naf.

It is not a casual fragrance. I recommend it for NIGHT WEAR and SPECIAL OCCASIONS. It is a SPRING-FALL fragrance.

Its sillage COULD BE GREAT, if its longevity on my skin was more than 1 hour, to be able to create a sillage.

Also it is not distinctive and disappears among other smells around and that really makes me sad everytime I wear it. And if you wear it on windy days, I assure you that there will be nothing left behind of this GONE WITH THE WIND type of scent.

So, even though I do not find the smell so lively and it does not last long on me, I really LIKE the smell of Feerie. I wish it would be more intense...

Manya2
Manya2

I'm amazed at the number of people who go "meh" at this perfume! Agreed, it's not as groundbreaking as Angel, or a future classic or whatever, but it doesn't stop it from being a pretty damn GOOD perfume!

Everything that goes wrong in Guerlain's Insolence is perfectly right in Feerie. No cloying powder, no chocking sugar. I immensly enjoy the balance between berries and flowers, and the watery violet which never gets too sweet.

I smell quality, elegance and sophistication. It's the sophisticated winter scent for those who think Dior's Addict is too *cough*slutty*cough* (a surprisingly common opinion - personally, I'm a huge fan of Addict).

Klueva
Klueva

This beautiful bottle is not a "murderweapon", it is a Ring Holder from luxury jewellery brand.
The perfume when you wear it is much more nicer than you just test it.
Wonderful in it's iris-violet base.

amalia22
amalia22

definitely must agree with everyone else here... bottle is waaay better than the scent!!! I feel like I *have to* wear it bc of the price, otherwise it would just sit here... not lovely at all.

hapa
hapa

This sweet, violet and effervescent fragrance reminded me of those lovely C Howard Violet mints and how they must smell when dropped into a glass of 7-Up. Now the 7-Up has bubbled over the edge of the glass. Quick, add some sugar! Sadly in my rush to stir in the sugar, I knocked over the roses in the vase next to me.

If you think my description is a mess, smell this fragrance!

nada
nada

one of the mnost disaopointing decoveries ever. does not deserve that nice bottle:)

hay81hay
hay81hay

i tested today on paper,
as a man i found this very nice and i can say its best perfume for a woman , opining floral and keep on.
longevity more than 8 hour on paper,
its luxury and expensive , but its worth it.
i am not expert in women perfume, but i love it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I don't know if other kids around the world eat Parma Violets, but in England we did. They are little purple tablets which taste and smell EXACTLY like Feerie (or vice versa) needless to say this must be a cheap composition as a tube of Parma Violets is about 10pence.

chaton2781
chaton2781

I don't often find myself in the bathroom frantically scrubbing my wrist to wash off the perfume I applied two minutes before... but Féérie was HIDEOUS on my skin. I couldn't smell anything but the violet - it made me choke. Not for me.

enigma_33
enigma_33

The bottle is better then the perfume. Is just my opinion! Too expensive price for this scent.

LadiesRed

Upon testing this perfume and taking in the settled aroma I felt surprised.

I felt as though I was Alice being drawn towards a curious world by an unfamiliar yet enchanting scent (instead of a white rabbit).

The opening is velvety floral with a touch of succulent berries.

The middle and end notes are sweet and velvet wood with a dash of fairy dust to add magic!

rithacha
rithacha

Thanks kikki96 for the sample!

If I were to categorize Feerie, it would be either Floral or Floral Green.

Sadly, my favorite part was the opening. I say it's sad because the opening wasn't too remarkable. Bergamont and jammy berry fruits. How much more common could you get? But I like the citruses in Feerie, which are nicely balanced and not too in-your-face, so I'll give Mr. Van Cleef kudos here.

Throughout the life of the perfume, the dominant notes were violet and iris; rose and jasmine are detectable, but they mostly serve to smooth out the cold transitions between the purple blooms. Again, nicely balanced but nothing outstanding. The most common florals in perfumery? I'd say so.

So nothing offensive happened so far ... until the far dry-down. Wow. It may be just my chemistry, but those woods are terribly loud and screechy. The only wood listed is vetiver, but I also make out cedar and cashmere wood. There is no transition, and it's like I'm suddenly wearing a completely different fragrance. No design behind it - I'm just confused.

More importantly, I smell like pencil shavings. Or worse, a hamster cage. Oy vey.

janudy
janudy

Does anyone else think that this smells like a bombpop? You know, those red, white, and blue ice cream pops that the ice cream man would sell during the summer? I like to wear this at amusement parks where it mingles with the smell of corn dogs and funnel cake and is oddly appropriate in that environment. If I wear it anywhere else, I find it overpowers me.

I wish I could just buy the bottle and not the juice--it is GORGEOUS!

uninco
uninco

I'm completely agree with NuriaRose: the bottle is just amazing, but nothing special inside. For me it smells like any other parfum with Black Currant. Not interesting enough, not sophisticated. I could buy it only because of this gorgeous bottle.

nyoka
nyoka

OH,what a lovely fume!!Upon the first whiff ,I was seduced by the creamy dreamlike fairytale scent.The fairy is the perfect top to this beautiful azure blue bottle.Only in a fairytale land could something that smells this heavenly exist,It brings to mind the fair maiden being whisked away by her knight on his white steed.The time is dusk and the air is filled with violets.U can even smell the little velvety leaves of the flowers like jewelry on with the perfect dress.U can see the mystical fruit,dripping its juices and butterflies hovering arround them,not letting one drop pass.,Of course there is a hint of jasmine to season the elixer andiris root and exotic woods to hold u down,less u float away to where dreams come true and all is love.

Yonga
Yonga

I saw this in a perfume shop in Lagos, Nigeria... I loved the bottle and really wanted to test it but there was no tester and it was sealed... I would have bought it but it was unreasonably expensive... N32,000... $200 plus... I would buy it when I travel... the bottle is beautiful...

daisygirl
daisygirl

I bought a sample of this perfume because I love violet, and had read reviews that said this was like violet.

Unfortunately I didn't like this perfume. It's not true violet and it smells pretty synthetic. It's also very sweet which reminds me of berry flavoured impulse deoderant from school days.

Initially when I sprayed it it had a deep complex smell, which invoked deep blue/purple imagery. As it dried, it got sweeter and simpler and impulsy and didn't change.

I wore it this afternoon and found it to be really strong. SO I guess a plus is it has good staying power.. I've had a shower and can still smell it!

It's just not my cup of tea! I like florals and love violet - this just didn't satisfy my craving for violet! But I am glad others on here enjoy it :)

Fides
Fides

Finally tried this one.
Very fresh violet, nothing more, nothing less than that. I can feel just a hint of black currant, but that's about it. Too bad I can't detect more rose, but there's a lot of mandarin at the beginning, but it fades away fast, and what's left? Violet.
So, if you love violets, you'll love this one.
It's pretty long lasting, at least on my skin.
On a minus side, it's really expensive, and the bottle is kinda megalomaniac.

guest_sunmoonstars
guest_sunmoonstars

Stunning is appearance. The fragrance itself however is lacking spark and originality. The first thing that comes to mind when you first spray this on is that

1.) This smells just like a hundred other perfumes rolled into one
or
2.) This smells very similar to something else.

Its always seems that the most captivating bottles have the most unremarkable fragrance.

krishka
krishka

Love the violet...was looking for a good violet perfume forever...has a good silage on me too!

LadiesRed

A bewitching scent that will blow a wind beneath your wings towards the twinkling sky while a breeze of flowers and sweets caress your senses...magic!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I just love this perfume!!!!!!!!!!!
It smells like candy to me. Sooooo good!!!!!

guest_moon
guest_moon

Ethereal and captivating bottle.

Extremely boring scent. Discounted celebrity fragrances smell more exciting than this. Now I understand why everyone seems bored with this fragrance. It has no substance.

LenaBel
LenaBel

The bottle looks so surreal and you expect something unusual like with Lolitas fragrances. However, the juice is nothing special and I was quite disappointed... There was something in it that I didnt like during the first hour [something soapy and if I had actually tasted the soap - bitter clean) but later it sweetens and violet opens up. Anyway, not worth the price tag and the longevity is quite weak too especially since it is EDP. In my opinion EDT version is better but still nothing too special.

tweekthetwitch
tweekthetwitch

Obviously people do not realize the lasting power of a perfume depends on your own body chemistry not the perfume itself.
I was given Feerie as a gift, after smelling it in the Perfume House in OR.
After using it I love it even more. Just the scent I was looking for, and ever better it works with my own body chemistry. I had my mom try it on jsut afetr I tried it on. On her it smelled warmer, but didnt last as long. On me it smells a tiny bit sweeter (though not bad. very much NOT the cotton candy smell many sweet floral ones take on.)
and it has lasted wonderfully on me. It's been 6 hours already and still smells good, but not over poweringly so. I'm very happy with this, not to mention the bottle is beautiful, and will probably double as a self defence device with those points.

This perfume struck me for disappointment!
I waited long time to come out, I was enchanted by the bottle that looks sooo beautiful, even if on the blade edge of tackiness and when I could spray some on my skin... well, I went just "meh". Nothing exciting at all. It almost smell like any sugared celebrity scent, a little above Hillary Duff, which is not bad smelling but very flat and girlish. But Hillary Duff has a lovely bottle and it costs a fraction.
Antoine Maisondieu is one of the noses behind Etat Libre d'Orange and I rarely share his tastes in odours and what can be called perfume and not a weird odour for smelling sake.
I would like to have an empty bottle for free or very little price as an object.

Afm.santos
Afm.santos

I love the bottle, is so beautiful! It's seams like a fair tale perfume. But the smell isn't good :(

first I should mention that I'm not sure whether I'm smelling EDT or EDP,but I think according to what I smell,it is EDP.
it starts with the sparkling citruses,oranges notes,leading to the floral heart when it becomes more mature.
Feerie means Fairy Tale in french and this is one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen.
the smelling?it's good.I really enjoy the freshness of top notes,though I think it has nothing to do with the name "feerie".when it remains on skin,it becomes a bit boring.maybe too floral or too common.it doesn't have a playful power.in fact after 15 minutes of applying,it becomes very similar to Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica(guerlain).it's predictable,because they have lots of notes in common(violet,Iris,woods).both of them are nice,but not specially designed for me(LOL).

MoietToi
MoietToi

This scent is truly beautiful! The opening is rather citrusy and smells like the sweetest Sicilian Lemonade. But then it turns more floral-citrusy once the violet starts developing. But the violet is serenly beautiful and it blends very well with the rest of the base.

Denica
Denica

Feerie was disappointment for me, because i was expeting so much more. The scent is not memmorable, too light and even ''girlie'', for my nose it couldn't be much closer to Promesse Cacharel. I find the two scents almost identical.

tsofa
tsofa

This fragrance reminds me of Vicks! I wish I could write something nice about it but nothing comes to my mind except that I agree that the bottle is great but… nothing else! I couldn’t stand the smell, I tried it a couple of times and that was enough for me to understand that I don’t wanna have anything to do with it. For me, a waste of money.

Argirl
Argirl

Im going to have to give this a try...the bottle is cute...the top looks like it could break easily though.

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

A Wonderful Concoction! I Dont Find It Common Nor Weak. The Fragrance Is As Alluring As The Bottle. I Agree The Bottle Could Kill Someone. But That Makes It Even Better!!

marad
marad

I guess it's the awesome/poetic bottle that finally makes us underestimate the perfum! It might be common but it's amazing how long it stays on.

Divenus
Divenus

The EDT smells better... I can´t tell why. It just have something more pleasure.

Very Very very Expensive. Wheres the substance i paid for? sugar water?

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I also adore this perfume, it looks great and smell nice. But to be frank, it's not a stunning scnet, not remarkable. It's a play-safe scent. o one whould hate it. but when you wear it, no one can call out it's name for sure.
I expect something more special inside this gorgeous bottle. If I have to spend my fortune, I may choose to buy one~but meanwhile, I better save for other perfume.

allexa27
allexa27

Well,it is nice fragrance,but not a MUST have.Lots of violets and little citrus.Very good one for spring time.Reminds me of Ultraviolet

dena2
dena2

I saw in a French magazine.
"how beautiful, how magnificent is!", reading your writing not want.
Maybe for glass; its more decorative.

guest_the one
guest_the one

I think ıt smells like promess cacharel.

amanda
amanda

i liked it, not the best but not bad at all, and for me its not sweet its more like moschino funny, but really not lasting ubnfortunately

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

The Head of Perfumery at my workplace (upmarket department store) told me about the forthcoming release of a fragrance she thought would be right up my street: Notes of blackberry, rose, precious woods & vetiver? Check. Stunningly original bottle? Check. I awaited its presence on my desk with baited breath... and then, several minutes after spraying it for the first time, asked myself what was wrong. WHY hadn't I fallen under the spell of Feerie?

The answer is this: it is all TOO MUCH. The bottle is teetering on the line between beautiful art object & tacky ornament. The Bulgarian rose is simply drowning in sugared fruit. I don't smell blackberry so much as raspberry-scented bubble bath, and the promised notes of woods & vetiver simply don't appear for me. It's sweet all the way through, tooth-decayingly so.

My colleague adores this, and I have to admit that it smells better on her than me. For me it's a definite no-no. This could have been a masterpiece, but everything has been added with a heavy hand. Not so much a beautiful Feerie as an ogre dressed in a tu-tu, dancing to the song of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

Sweet candied violets. Pretty but very much like candy and tends towards the cloying. In summer, this could be deadly. In winter, it will possibly stay pretty on the right woman.

margaretha
margaretha

ik vind het een heerlijke, niet overheersende parfum.
in eerste instantie vond ik het een beetje op soir de paris van vroeger lijken.
fris, fruitig en charmant.

Robert White
Robert White

Hey, I've got a great idea, guys: let's manufacture a perfume for bimbos, and package in a bottle that you could perform a lobotomy with! And then let's charge a hell of a lot of money!! Really, not as bad as all that, but it smells like something that should have the name of a celbrity who's famous for absloutely nothing at all. Ca'nt decide if I hate or love the bottle.

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

I almost pierced my hand trying to pull the lid off!!! It stinks!! Too sweet and too.. unimpressive!

However if you use it and give me the empty bottle which although dangerous, is VERY cute... i wouldnt mind!!

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Punk violets!

Violets so livened up by green notes and blackcurrant I didn't quite recognise them at first. Of all the fairies in the wood, The VC&A one's the most interesting; it's vibrant without being headachey. I don't like violets, but even when the inevitable purple candy scent of Parma rises, there's enough going on in the middle notes to keep it out of the sweet shop.

I have learned to dread overly worked perfume bottles. Sometimes it seems the prettiest bottle hides the dullest perfume. I don't think that's what's going on here. The bottle's love or hate I think. Some will find it very pretty, some will consider the top a monstrosity waiting to stab the reaching hand. But then, that's fairies for you, beautiful but not always nice!

solocha
solocha

Nice, but not original, better of this violet-type of scent can be found in Insolence. I have the impression the perfume was invented and launched just for the sake of making another one and making profit out of packaging. That's why I refuse to convince myself that the bottle is nice. It is a good marketing, and people will buy this, but in my opinion it's a cheap kitch.

Marianne
Marianne

Once again, there is a perfume I would only buy for the bottle...the scent is average and fades away immediately.
The best bottles often contain the dullest perfumes - exception: Kenzo Amour!

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I love the bottle and was expecting a knock me down scent.When I first sprayed it I loved it but it changed pretty quick,I was dissapointed in that.Usually perfumes smell on me just like they do in the bottle and that's how it should be,but this one changed.I'm going to try again though and see what happens since that bottle it's a must have haha

liat
liat

It has a great packaging. I was staring for a couple of minutes at the box trying to understand why such a small bottle is packed in such a great big box. finally I realized it had its own sculpture, which immediately made me think Van Cleef are hoping to turn it into a collectors edition.

The perfume itself, although to my nose smelled like a very high quality perfume, is nothing out of the ordinary. It's a well blended floral with a hint of some fresh mandarin which fades away too quickly. The dry down is heavy on the Iris, so if you're not an Iris type, it's annoying.

coco76
coco76

this is a beautiful perfume...but it smells very similar to gucci II in my opinion. the only difference is that gucci II has more of a 'peppery' beginning, which i'm guessing is the cassia..??..anyways, if i had money to burn i would probably buy this one over gucci II as it is a tiny bit sweeter. unfortunately i'm strapped for cash and already have gucci II, so maybe when i finish that bottle i will hunt this one down. beautiful bottle, i would love to get it for my sister.