Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1218 I had it: 159 I want it: 958 My signature: 33

leather
smoky

Midnight in Paris is a new fragrance for men which adds up to fairy-tale line of watches by this house and belongs to special line Haute Parfumerie which includes two editions so far – Feerie and new masculine fragrance Midnight in Paris.

Haute Parfumerie line is under license of Inter Perfumes.

Midnight in Paris, new fragrance for men Van Cleef & Arpels is arriving in a dark blue glass flacon, which gives an illusion of starry sky.

The perfume was created by perfumers Domitille Bertier and Olivier Polge who enriched it with floral notes. Among them you can find accentuated lily of the valley and citrusy notes with luminous lemon. Its dark aura arises from tonka beans, while incense adds a mysterious note.

The fragrance hits the shelves in September 2010.

Holly Rosemary Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Leather

Styrax Tea Lily-of-the-Valley

Incense Benzoin Tonka Bean Almond Amber

Black
Dior Homme Intense

Midnight in Paris Fragrance Reviews

tamarababa
tamarababa

Very easy to wear fragrance, sweet and powdery but fresh in the same time.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A beautiful unique complex scent. Long lasting but, at the same time, quite subtle. Lots of character here. Noticeable balsamic, tea and leather notes with a light, creamy, floral background. Really lovely, classy fragrance.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

Very unique.

Balsamic, leathery and Vanilla notes remain from the start till the end, the sweetness fades a little leaving leathery balsamic notes with hint of sweetness in the end after 5 or 6 hours, Tonka, benzoin are also very noticeable, incense not really.

Smells horrible in summer, the balsamic leathery notes never pop up unless in cold weather, in hot weathers it's just cheap sweet perfume.

The perfume is unique, the resemblance to Bvlgari Black is justified, the main difference to simplify it, this is brighter, stronger and sweeter, the Black is more powdery and subtle, with a rubbery note of course.

I've read that the EDP edition is more balsamic and leathery, that would actually be better, but unfortunately i couldnt find it in my country.

You should try it first as it blends well with the skin and varies. Could be toxicating in the first 5 minutes.

A very good perfume after all.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

A rendezvous with Midnight in Paris is like meeting at a crossroads where two contrasting accords take you in separate directions simultaneously.

Those juxtaposed directions are darkness and sweetness. In this fragrance they're represented by a dark rubbery/leather accord and a sweet vanillic almond/tonka accord.

The combination of these diametrically opposite forces creates a mesmerizing and seductive effect. Together, they're like yin and yang. They don't cancel each other out, instead they dance around one another in harmonious unison. All of which makes Midnight in Paris quite hypnotic.

Definitely one of the more daring fragrances I own, one that is absolutely essential to my collection.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

The bottle is undoubtedly beautiful, and it is a lovely fragrance.

This is a floral leather, but way down the spectrum at the milder or subtler end of leather based fragrances.

To me, it is more floral than leather and is just on the feminine side of unisex although a confident man could wear it. The leather note becomes a little more prominent in the later drydown, but remains quite subtle. It has reasonable longevity and modest sillage. It is 'well mannered'

I could see this as the signature scent for some people. It could be worn anywhere, at any time of year. It is gentle and soft and very subtly leather. Just a tad more floral than Bottega Veneta.

Worth trying if you are looking for a very subtle pleasant leather.

Phényl
Phényl

This fragrance reminds me of a luxurious hotel lobby with its polished wooden furnitures, its leather coaches, its thick red velvet curtains. All this atmosphere in one little bottle. It smells luxury.

Ce parfum me rappelle un hall d'hôtel luxueux, avec ses meubles de bois cirées, ses fauteuils en cuir, ses tentures épaisses de velours rouges. Toute cette ambiance dans un petit flacon. Il sent le luxe.

halael
halael

Buy it for the bottle, but Bvlgari Black is more interesting to my nose. I enjoy the softness of this one, though, and it makes a great comfort scent.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Before spraying Midnight in Paris I anticipated what could the actual composition be.

I thought in a night out in Paris, one would go for the wild side of that city. Patriying in the clubs or attending a Moulin Rouge show, maybe some cognac, some champagne or maybe a little french wine. I wanted also to smell the romantic atmosphere that Paris is famous of! I wanted to smell the roses and maybe a touch of vanilla and some sweetness. Maybe that's all nonesense but that's what I felt I was going to smell! But no, it wasn't at all that!

It was something much simpler, it was the smell of a Parisian man! A simpler concept, but it really works... Even maybe better than mine!

Although we started our relation with hate, it slowly morphed into a sweet and beautiful perfume that has a lot of character and says a lot about it's wearer!

Even though I don't think I will ever own it because the first stage takes a long time to settle, I think, that this is an indeniably great perfume with a long lasting mood of confidence and satisfaction!

honeykv
honeykv

smoother version of bvl black, very warm and comforting scent. Signature scent worthy, the bottle is very cool. I have got the edp version so the longevity was very good.

Buy, try or pass : its a buy
Projection : 8/10

hell cold

انتظارمو براورده نکرد

mrmyers22
mrmyers22

Is this fragrance feminine?
Yeah, it's pretty darn feminine.
But I honestly don't this that it's as feminine as fellas put it out to be.
A guy could wear this, but I could also see a female wearing this, easily.
I love this for the winter.
Beautiful!
Lasts a good while too! So if you're worried about longevity don't be.
THE most beautiful bottle in my collection!

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

Right now my fav scent in my small collection of 19 bottles such a beautiful and pleasing scents. Lasts a while got great compliments from this. I can't understand how this isn't a more well known cologne. To me when it comes to designers I've smelled it's DHI pure havane and pure malt and then midnight in Paris when it does to most pleasing scents. This is a scent once you smell you're hooked. Pretty cheap online too great presentation as well.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Tonka and leather. Very nice. I can see it working on both sexes.

Alvinsii91
Alvinsii91

MiP eDP

If put aside its beautiful bottle, I would still get it into my collection. I'm in love with this juice.

It's really, really one of the best frags that I ever smelled.

The opening is really beautiful - a very fresh rubber, leather vibe with hint of lemon and tea. It smell plesant and very enjoyable.

Slowly, the tonka bean and incense take the pivot role ~ It turn into very sweet and powdery.

The drydown is still very sweet but now the scent became softer and more subtle but still noticable.

Scent : 9 Leather + incense + tonka bean
Projection : 8 Good but not BEAST mode
Sillage : 7.5 Above average scent trail
Longevity : 8 8-10hrs on my skin
Versatility : 9

Overall, I would rate it 9 over 10. This is a masterpiece by Mr. Polge and I am greatly recommend this sexy potion.

JohannesvonKalczberg
JohannesvonKalczberg

Sadly it is just not strong enough for me, it a beautiful sent, but just not enough ... Punch

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I really love Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels, EDP. To me it is sophisticated and very masculine (leather note). I wore it to the office this morning, and I love the way I smell. The tonka bean and the incense make it very mysterious. A little bit will go a long way. I am in love!! with Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels.

invaderlark
invaderlark

I've worn the EDP and EDT and the EDP is much more balmy and heavy. The EDT has more citrus and less heaviness to it. EDP is more for a night out while EDT is more for the day. I like this scent but it is similar to Bvlgari Black. The difference between the two is that Bvlgari Black is all about rubber and vanilla. Midnight In Paris is all about Benzoin, leather/rubber, citrus, almonds, and tonka bean. Both fragrances have tea, bergamot, and rubber/leather. Those are the only notes they both share. I prefer Bvlgari Black to this only because I like it's simplicity. It to me is more wearable and not as cloying. Midnight In Paris is more complex with more development. It's a little too heavy for me with the benzoin which makes it overly sweet and balmy. Both have good longevity. Black projects more on my skin while Midnight In Paris EDT is average. The EDP is much stronger. Please try this fragrance. You can get a sample at Theperfumecourt, ebay, amazon, and fragrancevials. Please note that the samples will be EDT not EDP. Try both Bvlgari Black and Midnight In Paris. See which one you prefer, maybe they're similar maybe they aren't. It's your nose. See what all the youtubers have been talking about. The bottle I must say is a work of art, a must have in a collection.

Jay T
Jay T

Après avoir porté Dior Fahrenheit hier, "Midnight in Paris" se sentait faible et je ne sais pas s'il pourrait tenir tête à froid. J'ai juste reçu mon échantillon aujourd'hui et je suis très heureux de le mettre. Au début, je peux voir comment les gens pensent qu'il ressemble à parfum de JPG, mais je pense qu'il est plus luxueux et mieux. J'ai reçu un complément même avant de le mettre, juste en ouvrant la bouteille. Il a enduré toute la journée et le sillage était superbe.

Juliana6
Juliana6

"Midnight...Not a sound from the pavement.
Has the moon lost her memory? She is smiling alone."
This perfume makes me think about this song by Andrew Lloyd Webber - soft, longing for protection, somewhat sad and still so attracting.
This is my first fragrance for men, I was so excited about it. Finally now I've got it and all I can say- it's so beautiful on me. If the scent was a man, he would certainly be an artist of Montmartre, an open-minded, creative and slightly melancholic being addicted to the beauty of Paris. Ladies, don't be afraid, this can be beautiful on a woman and on a man.
The opening is fresh, the citrus with the leather note create a technical smell, something like a wet asphalt ( and I like it) which transforms into a soft, powdery vanilla base. But the vanilla here is a serious, dark, expensive spice. Smokey and intoxicating. Slightly reminds me the vibe of Beat (edp) by Burberry and just a tiny bit of Lolita Lempicka (I love them both). The drydown is warm, hugging, loving, the good hands, the warm heart in the starry, starry night.
The bottle is a real gem. So beautiful, so sophisticated, so elegant.

windhill
windhill

When I'm sprayed this it was like. Oh my! Armani Code Luna instantly came up to my mind. But instead of feminine powdery in Luna. MIP dominant smooth leather and creamy sweet undertone. Tonka is intense and vibrant. I didn't encountered much of men's fragrances that smooth like this. This one its a must have for sure. I also really love the bottle, very romantic :)

Jose Marcos

Although Midnight in Paris smells different from what has been released in about the last 5 to 10 years I don't think MiP is that unique. I have the EDT and I don't get the similariies others seem to get, either. On the other hand, it does remind me many other scents: Bulgari pour Homme's floral, Chanel allure pour Homme's tonk/vanilla sweetness, shalimar PI's vanilla powderness, Bulgari's tea note in general, and when I think about leather what comes to my mind is a sweet/vanila Kelly Caleche. Do I like Midnight in Paris? I certainly do. But I expected much more. also, I have to admitt/confess that lately I've been into really strong and deep scents like Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Pure Leather, Spicebomb, TF Noir, Ferrari Essence Oud which made me order A*Men original and Angel EDT, that some people say smells like Pure malt with a twist. Do I think MiP is feminine? Yessss, I do. Another scent that also come to mind is Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere, like a first or second draft. Being feminine will stop me from wearing MiP? Noooo, why should I specially the EDT seeming adeal for hotish weather? Sorry, if this is not a real review, more a personal impression. But I hope it can be of any help. Last word, it smells pretty safe to me. It was a blind buy/impulse because of a low cost 125ml bottle.

rum
rum

Fragrance in this day and age is simply not 'juice in a bottle'. It has to be a catchy name, slick bottle and packaging and of course the infamous marketing has to be there too... This fragrance is all of that. But the juice inside is just simply not quite what I'd hoped. There is a lot going on - I get a lot of smoke (bitter smoke I might add), perhaps some vetiver and a tea note. There is also a very distinctive smell of burnt rubber that simply holds me back from getting a full bottle. Granted, it does progress quite a lot throughout the day but for me it is quite uninteresting.
I think VC&A deserve a lot of praise for the marketing behind this scent - the name and bottle have been put together very cleverly, but the scent just simply does not appeal to me.

totameafox
totameafox

This fragrance was interesting enough for me to finally activate an account so I can share my nose with you all :)

MIP is a rather classy and unique fragrance, best suited for a quietly strong man. Despite it's smoke-vanilla notes, I wouldn't describe this as overtly feminine, not to say that a woman wouldn't enjoy this.

To be perfectly honest, I was slightly disappointed when I first received my bottle, mainly because I ordered the EDP and got the EDT instead. I hope I get to try the EDP version because if I like the EDT this much the EDP must be amazing.

The opening is strongly citrus, with a lovely tea undertone, sort of like a splash of hot water on a high-end tea bag. MIP then within a minute or two radiates a clean, rubbery (yet not offensive, like Bulgari Black. I don't understand the appeal of something that smells like synthetic rubber), vanilla-infused scent that really reminds me of something pleasant and cleanly. In this layer you can really smell the hints of rosemary, lily-of-the-valley, and amber. The dry down is initially powdery, with the pleasant sweet rubber scent still going pretty strong, and it settles into an extremely romantic tonka bean whisper with expensive whiffs of incense afterthoughts.

I see a thoughtfully quiet but strong young gentleman wearing this, someone with a penchant for beauty but a sigh in his heart.

Midnight in Paris is rather luxurious, especially for the current price of about 45$ for a 4.2 flacon. A general warning, though; after reading many reviews on Amazon, a LOT of people are getting EDTs instead of the advertised EDP, so maybe order through fragrance net for more accurate shipments?

Anyway, I give this fragrance an overall 8.5/10. Wish it radiated a bit better on my skin and made me swoon more, but can't complain. It really is lovely. If you love unique, thoughtful, and complex scents, a blind buy is worth it. Besides, the dry down reminds me enough of Dior Homme that I'll come back for more, I'm sure :)

scentgent
scentgent

This review is based on the edp.

This says you are classy and sophisticated, but you don't mind getting a little dirty sometimes (like those in paris?).

When people question what the other note is they are detecting, but can't put a finger on it: most likely it is benzoin.

It's a really dark fragrance, although it is composed of lighter citrus top notes at the beginning. Later, it develops into a darker benzoin, leather, and incense heart. It reminds me of the original le male, in that it stings the nostrils, but in a good way. Although the note pyramid is darker here, it has the same journey le male takes.

Lesbians love it, for whatever reason. I am not one to judge, maybe they are more open to telling people about how good they smell, but at any rate, it will garner your precious compliments.

Projection: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10 (8 hours)
Sillage: 8/10 (arms length)
Versatility: 7/10 (night/dating scent. Not for the workplace.)
Scent: 9/10 (smooth, pleasant, and unique)
Bang for buck: 10/10
Compliments: 9/10 (higher if you have lesbian friends.)
Overall: 9/10

I cannot speak for the edt, but the edp is impressive.

I also don't know who is down-voting the similarity to armani code, because it smells like a lighter version of the same thing. I would know because I am smelling them side by side on my arms right now.

Mrbigbigtoe

Okay, I got this a couple of days ago (EDP) and I love it.
My first thing is, I'm the type of person that BATHES in cologne.
So really, you will smell me WAY before you see me and I do realize that's not a good thing, so that is the reason why I purchased an EDP so I could wear 1-2 sprays and it last all day.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase because 1 spray lasts 12+ hours.
Now the sillage, I'm not sure about. Mainly because I haven't had the chance to wear it in public.
The smell overall, smells almost IDENTICAL to Armani Code BUT this is more mature and stuck up but not in a snobby way. (Weird right?) So I would definably buy this product again.

This is a classy fragrance, so even though I'm 17, I do not want unclassy people wearing this fragrance. If you aren't classy, stick to Armani Code:)

mofojo74
mofojo74

pure heaven...totally original and and a show stopper,its amazing!!!

Jose Marcos

When people say MiP resembles Armani Code, does it mean also like La nuit de l'Homme? I wonder...

Mrbigbigtoe

Just got my bottle and sprayed 1 spray and 15 minutes later my sister walked in and said I should have only used 1/2 of a spray lol (my first EDP) I have always had EDTs so I am used to having to spray 10 sprays but with this 1 spray is equal to 10 plus sprays on my EDTs (The One, Light Blue, Reaction, ETC) So I'm excited that I finally have a cologne that you actually HAVE to use the trigger light:)
(Has a STRONG resemblance to Armani Code)
PS (it is 10times stronger than AC)

fdelval
fdelval

Vanilla and sweet gasoline.

MiP might bear some resemblances to Armani Code but there are much more differences such as:

MiP is much more of a high class scent compared to AC. Sweeter, no citrusy notes for me.

Projects and lasts, not like crazy, but much more than AC.

I can only see AC winning in the versatility cathegory.

I would keep MiP as a night scent, perfect for a dinner in the city, or a date but nothing too serious.

Keep the heavy artillery like Dior Homme Intense for the second date ;)

zachparks1
zachparks1

This review will be for the EDP.

Midnight in Paris smells exactly like that, midnight in Paris.

It starts of as a very smooth, creamy, powdery with leather, almond, vanilla, fruit and a hint of incense. It develops into something very similar to the initial spray, but the powdery-ness leaves and it smells very creamy with leather, and a lot of almond and vanilla. The incense gets stronger and the fruit lessens.

This is a very beautiful fragrance that I could imagine on a woman. If I met a woman wearing this, I would find it very attracting, but it still smells masculine enough for a man to wear and smells right on men.

Women love this one.

Longevity: 10/10 (I can smell it all day, and sometimes into the next morning if I don't shower when I get home.)
Projection: 7/10 (Noticeable at 2 feet, but is definitely a more intimate fragrance.)
Sillage: 8/10 (It definitely leaves a nice trail of almond, vanilla, and leather.)
Price: 10/10 (The EDP can be had for about $45 for 4 oz and the EDT is even cheaper.)

Total: 8.6

For day wear I give this an 8/10.

But for night outings, dinners, and intimate settings,

I give it a 9/10.

I'd recommend smelling it before buying it if you're more into masculine fragrances. Other than that, it's hard to go wrong with this one.

Also, if you're a collector, this bottle is beautiful.

TRACTATUS
TRACTATUS

MIP smells like L'Eau Ambree with everything else I wanted that did not come with L'Eau Ambree in their dry down. Both sweet and powdery but MIP is more on the masculine side. I'd say that MIP has a better structure. The top, middle, and basenotes are distinctive. It's the first fragrance that my nose could pick up the structure so I'd say its good for a beginner?
Only thing is that I'm not much a fan of bergamot and yet bergamot is quite strong in the opening especially in EDT. good thing is that it doesn't last at all (on me at least. my skin don't hold citrus at all which I'm glad). I would recommend EDP for the ladies. the dry down is heavenly. Bitter-sweet, powdery, with a mysterious touch plus two sprays would last all day.

if youu have to compare it to bvlgari black well, i get the the tea and smoky scent thats kind of similar to bb other than that guess bb is more for musk lovers and mip is for amber lovers
that bergamot opening, still seems random to me.

oh and try layer it with any fragrance sample in THAT drawer of yours!!

jade50
jade50

Amazing Fragrance

I own the edt of Midnight in Paris. Being a woman I prefer the edt as the leather is softer. What I love about this is the smoky leather and vanilla. Incense and amber. The drydown is great. AND I love it. I wish I could better convey how perfect I find this scent. Please try it.

joaofrag
joaofrag

I have received a sample today and to me it's almost the same as the now discontinued Lanvin Arpege pour Homme. Even if the notes on paper are different and it differs from Arpege Homme, the drydown is exactly the same. If i would spray the Midnight in Paris without looking at the bottle and snif after a few minutes i would tell it was Arpege Homme. Very sweet and powdery in a good way.

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

I don't want to label it as "unisex" because people should wear whatever makes them feel great, so let's put it this way: I'm a girl who tends to dislike traditionally masculine compositions (lavender + oakmoss + leather + citruses + vetiver + black pepper etc) and I would wear this. It's powdery, sweet and elegant. Like others have said, if you like Dior Homme this is something you could like.
(EDT)

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

عاشقشم . . .به قول کین عزیز ترکیبی ماهرانه از بولگاری و دیور هوم اینتنس

A.Alex.Daniel
A.Alex.Daniel

Blind buy and I simply love it. It smells just like DHI(my fav parfume) but much cheaper in my country.

jfr1974
jfr1974

I'm a layman and won't pretend to understand the complexities of fragrances. Consider this more an impression than a review. It is also my very first experience of an eau de parfum.

I purchased Midnight in Paris as a blind buy after seeing the many positive reviews. The rubbery feel was shocking in an extremely pleasant way. After a few wears it became very addictive. So much softer and sweeter than I expected. Yes, it is quite feminine but don't let that be a turn off. You need to be on the more mature side of 30 - unless you are very serious young man. I got a good 8 hours with the EDP with very nice but not overpowering projection; after than it dropped to a sweet powdery skin scent for another 2-3 hours. Can't imagine this as a hot summer day wear. Otherwise I would be happy to wear it most other seasons. This definitely does not feel very casual to me.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

If you thought Bvlgari Black was unisex, you'll definitely think Midnight in Paris is feminine. This is in the realm of Dior Homme in the fact that it shares the same powdery quality and someone could easily mistake you for wearing a women's fragrance. Bvlgari Black has that alluring signature tea note from the house mixed in with the whole rubbery, smoky, and slight balmy feel which comes off really well crafted to me, enough to make it a signature. I enjoy how avant-garde it is. This just comes off sweet sweet sweet (tonka/benzoin overload), powdery, nutty, and floral. Nothing unique about it. This is definitely not a safe blind buy (for a male). Would work beautifully on a women though.

Fierce
Fierce

you can't go wrong with this stuff
don't miss it
give it try
9/10 at all

Okay so this is a re review as I saw a 40ml bottle cheap and I love the bottle
So much I wanted it for my collection despite not being mad on the smell the first couple of
Tries.
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised frankly whatever I didn't like about it originally was due to the Bvlgari black rubber comparisons which aren't here. The floral element was what I found prominent too and I can still really detect the lily of the valley after the initial opening of citrus. The Tonka is thick and easily the main player here as it dries down it becomes more and more leathery, problem is it's not a particularly sumptuous or like other leather fragrances I enjoy.
So all in all I will wear this as it doesn't offend me but it doesn't excite me either.

sNaKey
sNaKey

I just sampled this today. Maybe it's my skin, but the mainly note I can sense it's TEA. Yes, I sense leathery notes, but the TEA is very strong on my skin. I can't say I don't like that, but it's different from what I see on the reviews here. :)

That being said, I'm going to try it next winter.

darksome
darksome

The first stages are very similar to Givenchy Pi. Smells like sweet almonds and vanila, without the excellent herbal notes that Pi has.

In the drydown it's even less similar to Pi. Now it's even fresher, less sweet, more floral. But still with a balsamic, creamy quality.

Smells like beige leather, polished with a flower scented lotion.

I don't know wich is less masculine, Pi or Midnight in Paris. Pi is more herbal, but very sweet. And Midnight in Paris is way less sweet, but cleaner and more floral scented. Personally I would choose Givenchy Pi, because I prefer vanilla before flower notes on a man.

Mo12
Mo12

So I got the EDP version of this last week. I have to admit, initially I wasn't very impressed. But upon wearing it the next day, I was wowed.

Being the EDP version, you would expect a very potent juice, but to be honest it behaves more like a EDT in terms of longevity and projection...albeit a very high quality EDT. It lasts around 8-10 hours on me which is more than enough. The projection isn't the best, but honestly this scent is meant for more intimate situations so you don't really need it to project like a beast.

People say this is a feminine fragrance but I honestly find it masculine. Perhaps not overly masculine but definitely not girly. Definitely a very romantic scent that will be perfect for dates. Signature scent worthy IMHO. Very versatile in terms of seasons.

The fragrance itself is gorgeous. Initially, you smell citrus and a balmy note in there. About 30 minutes into it though the leather starts to come out (very subtle this note, but noticeable and wonderfully fitting) while the citrus notes completely disappear. Soon you start getting hints of the tonka and it starts to smell sweeter. The balminess is always present however making it very unique.

It makes me imagine a cold, moonlit summer night with your lover's hand entwined with yours as you two sit alongside a river and spend time together. Like I've said, to me this is the ultimate romantic scent haha.

10/10!

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

recieved this today after it was suggested as being similar to Timbuktu. not impressed. a pleasant lighter floral leather without any emotional impact for me. a somewhat synthetic vibe, not terrible but nothing special overall grade C+

drmar
drmar

wonderful bottle design, great dry down... girls loves this scent. to me 8/10.

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

I agree with you stayclose

stayclose
stayclose

Reminds me of Armani Code but with a strong leather/rubber note. Very soft and powdery. The dry down is a pleasant.

42gr
42gr

Bought it.
Scent is great but definitely not for male.
Too floral.

Smells nothing like Bvlgari Black.
These two things are poles apart.

Bottle design is 10/10.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I've seen this recommended so often on this page's forum that I had to smell it.

It's... softly ambery. That's all I read. I need to try it again to really appreciate and understand it.

Longevity on my skin is mediocre.

I really like the bottle!

Bvlgari Black?!? Really? I don't get that at all. BB smells like rubber, then nothing. This is much better than that!

scentsy64
scentsy64

This review is based on the edp:
So, initial spray it smelled very similar to DHI, however to my surprise, I liked it more than DHI, by far! this is due to 2 reasons, there is a misty leather at the start in my opinion, which makes this a bit more mysterious, also, what i really enjoy at the dry down is this clay like/earthy vibe , I don't pay attention to the notes because I don't know what most of them smell like, so i'll keep it real. Its a leathery , more mysterious and masculine DHI with some sort of clay/earthy vibe at the end with a tonka/almond vibe during the dry down. There is this kind of breeze/wind sensation also, if that makes sense? I think the name fits this scent for that reason. For the quality and price, DHI has been knocked off the shelf! definitely give it a try !

Trojan78
Trojan78

Wow!! que mi primera impresion al aplicarme el perfume, de inicio o entrada del perfume fue muy decepcionante.

No megusta el aroma de entrada para nada, pero en cuanto va secando....Mmmmm!!! todo se transforma.

Tiene un aroma muy agradable y perdura un muy buen tiempo.

Realmente bueno.

MisterCrazyLegs
MisterCrazyLegs

I get more of a very smooth powder afffect than I do anything balmy or ambery. Lily of the valley and leather is very featured here, but in a very unisexual way...its not a flowery scent at all, nor harshly leather-y. The citrus is a smooth, organic citrus on the opening. So the intro to this fragrance is an appealing one, not a turn off.

this is a very well balanced fragrance. The more you wear it, the more you identify it as being a masculine scent...but you cant box this as one thing, because the notes are so versatile...not rigid.

If you're going to buy this, may I strongly suggest the EDP. Unless you're not able to handle anything beyond an EDC or EDT, I'd suggest the EDP, because it literally lasts all day. I spray this 5-6 times, and I get 11-12 hours out of it. Its not screechy or cloying, even if I was to spray a bit too much (something I did with this scent, once)...

after 8-9 hrs, its a skin scent, with a body mist affect on you, that you can still smell a couple of inches off the skin. Very well balanced..and very updated. The name Van Cleef & Arpels has been around forever, but this is extremely current and,dare I say, "hip". The 20-something crowd can rock this, as well as us older folks.

Price point, for the EDP?...very affordable. I got the EDP for 40 bucks. And the EDT is cheaper than that, obviously.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

MISSED MIDNIGHT

Perhaps my samples was mis-marked, but this smelled nothing like Bvlgari Black, or a fragrance for Men - or Paris for that matter.

Somewhat cloying and overly sweet.

Perhaps best suited for a 60+ Parisian woman - who I highly doubt is still awake at midnight.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

Very ambery. Definitely for cold days and a night scent. Not my type of frag.

I wanted to try this for the longest time and very nearly bought it blind due to the amazing bottle, have to say I'm glad I didn't.
Although I don't find it overly feminine it does have a floral element which points toward it at times. Then with the sumptuous warm leather and it has a little spice from the incense it points more in a direction I like...mysterious if you like.
It must be the rubbery balminess that completely puts me off this...I've never tried Bvlgari Black but the talk of rubber just makes me never want to.
It's an interesting one and certainly not to be dismissed because it's such a mixture of notes there's probably something in there that's appeals but when you take the composition as a whole it isn't one I'll be adding to my collection...shame though I really wanted that bottle on my shelf.

jht4060
jht4060

Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris is a more wearable version of the pioneering Bulgari Black (aka Bulgari Burned Rubber) presented in a charming bottle. Both are supposed to be city scents. If Black is Times Square at rush hour, Midnight in Paris is, well, midnight in Paris. The bottle of Black is aptly a car tire, the bottle of Midnight in Paris is romantic, although less apt since the worst place for star gazing is in the middle of a large city. In Midnight in Paris the burned rubber note is muted and there is more of a sweet resiny note hanging out in the background. Otherwise they are quite similar. Despite my moniker for Buglari Black, I rather like it now and again, but sometimes the rubber note can seem nasty instead of intriguing. I was so pleased to discover Midnight in Paris because it fills the same niche but is more consistently pleasant to my nose. That said, don't expect MiP to be sweet and charming - it is still a rather dark urban leather scent.

crusz20
crusz20

I'll add my vote to the advocates, that suggest you Don't blind buy this perfume. Not because its bad, but rather because its an unusual combination. Yes it's feminine.. at times. Leather.. at times. Floral.. at times.
It takes getting used to and you'll either love it, or simply use the bottle as a beautiful accompaniment to your collection.
I'm still in the... "I like it, but love my A.Code better" stage.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

this one is a contradiction of sorts to me...i don't really like what it smells like on my skin but for some reason i can't stop smelling my wrist...im sure it will grow on me in time

ohenebakDuah
ohenebakDuah

its smells feminine to my nose ...I suggest u smell it before buying it ...I don't think its a gud idea to blind buy this..and I got maself the Edt version so can't say same for the EDP version....but overall not bad though

While wearing Maria Candide Gentile Barry Lyndon earlier today, I decided to look for my review of Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris and discovered that ... there was none! I have referred to this perfume in several reviews but never actually written about Midnight in Paris itself. Let us rectify this omission posthaste.

First off, I own a bottle of the eau de toilette. The bottle itself, the vessel, is very attractive. At first glance it bears a great deal of similarity to the Hermès Eau des Merveilles series bottles. The difference is that instead of a flat back, the bulbous front is repeated symmetrically on the back. Interesting enough, Van Cleef & Arpels also affixed see-through-the-bottle stars which makes this look an awful lot like the design on the Eau des Merveilles boxes and bottles and makes me wonder whether they were not sued. But that's a whole different matter.

The perfume. I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: yes, the overlap with Bvlgari Black is unmistakeable, and judging by the "smells like" comparisons of more than a hundred other people, I am definitely not alone. The big difference, to my nose, is that the leather is so intense and synthetic in the Bvlgari that it really is more of a rubber note--like black rubber tires--than a leather one. In Midnight in Paris, the composition also showcases vanilla and some other oriental components, but the leather is much more subtle and does not smell like rubber at all.

There are a couple of good niche perfumes in this category, Barry Lyndon (which I only just reviewed), but also Lubin Korrigan. So clearly this sweet leather and wood combination is appealing to many. The only question is: which one is wearable? To me, the Bvlgari is a headache in a bottle. The Van Cleef & Arpels is definitely wearable, and I'd say that my favorite of the entire group is the Lubin. In order to wear any of these fragrances, all of which are fully unisex, regardless of what the marketers say, one must appreciate both leather and vanilla--and at the same time!

For the budget-conscious perfumista, Midnight in Paris is an incredible bargain.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

As some others have mentioned, while MIP is marketed to men, the fragrance is very much unisex. I am female, and I adore it. The EDT gives more bergamot and tea, and is a lovely, somewhat feminine, powdery scent (if I hadn't told my mother that the fragrance I was wearing was for men, she'd never have guessed. When I did tell her she was quite surprised). The EDP is, as others have mentioned, deeper and richer. I get more leather and incense with that one, and to my nose it smells a bit more masculine than the EDT. I still wear both, but I think for every day wear I prefer the EDT. Both, however, are excellent. Silage and longevity are great with both; both versions wear like an EDP, with the EDP version lasting longer and projecting farther than the EDT. It seems to age fairly well, too, as I bought mine from a discount warehouse (translation = older bottle) and it wears beautifully. Highly recommended!

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

A romantic night scent, yes that is what Midnight in Paris smell to me! Very warm and welcoming, I even feel its heat on my skin while applying (yes, and i'm not crazy! :p),so it make it perfect for cold night. I try it 3 times before writing this review, on 3 different occasion, and every time girls notice it and give compliments (teen girls, about 20). A women magnet for the younger crowd. It smell like pastries, mayble cup cake, not sure I have the exact word, but one thing certain, it smell very good! Longevity is also good for the EDP. The bottle is nice and original, perfect to decorate your night table or your desk...I would say that this kind of scent is more appropriated for a younger crowd, about 25 and less. Older people can enjoy it too, but I don't feel a mature vibe with it like in LIDGE. Another interessing thing with it is its prices, very cheap for what it is! It is absolutely worth it, I highly recommend it.
Here we go!

Smell: 9/10. Smell pastries, mayble sweet? A girls favorites...
Longevity: 4/5. I got 6 to 8 hours with it.
Projection: 4/5. Attract a lot of compliments, you get notice with it.
Versatility: 3,5/5. More of a night fragrance for me. I think it will be better in cold weather, but not to strong for summer. Can be used for night out, clubbing, diner, romantic, ...it won't disappoint you in any night time occasion, I can guaranty it!
Overall: 20,5/25. A must have! Two thumbs up VCH!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A man's scent for the ladies to enjoy.MIDNIGHT in PARIS EDP will intoxicate even the most discriminant females sense of smell, she'll definitely remember you long after you're finished with your date.It is not an ovepowering scent,just enough to get the female hormones raging.a man wearing the fragrance shows that he knows what he wants in life,and knows exactly how to get it. Warm,Romantic,Magnetic,Smoky,Sweet and Charming.

The fresh and sweet scent of amalfi lemon,bergamot and rosemary over leathery notes and inviting benzoin,tonka bean, incense and something like vanilla for an edgy and sophisticated perfume who it has the ability to mix with female chemistry and blend superbly with the flowery notes.This EDP might be the perfect scent for a cold winter evening.it gives you feel great during parties.the bottle looks cute. anyway a great scent for a cheap price.try it,you will not be disappointed.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin(EDP).

7.25/10

Rachelle33
Rachelle33

Preference of a strong loud scent vs the charm of sweeter scent is what could make or break this scent for you. I have a weak spot for the light yet rich or sweeter in general (including on men) so I really love Polge's Midnight in Paris 'intimate' presentation, it lures me in to smell more. Starts with sweet fruits but they remain fresh not cloying. Top notes are followed by velvet smooth blend of leather, powder and almonds with a bit of amber...mmm. The incense, tonka and benzoin lay out a beautiful dry down. Overall a very warm yet sophisticated scent, just beautiful on men.

warlockss
warlockss

i had this got the edp version blind buy from reading all the reviews and comments , it didnt impress me the notes are like they are sleeping nothing came out of it and made me say wow this smells incredible or let me spray it some more . starts off smelling sweet then rubbery then hints of vanilla and tonka bean after all that then it just sits there and mellows out and becomes boring. in the end it starts smelling like armani code with the powdery smell , really dissapointed in this one . i might give it another chance again one day because i liked the bottle .

marceldijkman
marceldijkman

Hi everyone, my first review and yes, it's for the under the price-radar MIP. Blind-bought it today. I get some different things out of this than other people so I need to review here. First spray mostly fruits, something like coconut and lots of powder.
Dry down gives me tonka and more powder. I like it. Some men are afraid because they need ads to tell them if they are a man or not. Afraid to where this, like men where at the time Le Male came out.
I have been waiting to buy a bottle of Jaipur Homme for like 15 years and I still didn't. Same for CK Obsession. Pitty I bought that one last month though. That comes off kinda plastic nowadays. And tonight, after some hours with MIP it struck me. MIP is like... the original CK Obsession. I don't need Jaipur or a funky Versace Dreamer anymore. MIP will do just fine!

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

A great silky milky smooth fragrance. But not for a masculine guy. It'd be great for a metro man or better yet for a women.

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

It's without a doubt great man perfume at a reasonable price.

Sure it's sweet but well balanced with smoky incense,
and deep spicy smell in all, without being harsh.

I was the most impressed with the leftover the morning after on my shirt collar, this is may be the best comedown ever, and would be divine if this was the real smell.

Do me a favor sniff your shirt collard the morning after you sprayed it on you, it's just divine!

Want to smell charming and deep, and not like everyones perfumes? get it.

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

This review is for the EdP concentration. It gets compared to Bvlgary Black (BB) and I do have to agree with it but only partially. I only find them similar at the opening with BB smells like thicker version of MiP with stronger leather note. As BB dries down, it goes into slightly different direction while MiP still stays pretty much the same. Although marketed for men, I think this could easily be unisex. It has good projection and longevity on my skin. Overall feel I get from this is powdery and floral. Think of Dior Homme. Does have that vibe to it. The scent gets 5 out of 5 from me. I love it!

Odysseus
Odysseus

Great scent, just one question: Does it come in MEN'S?!?!

Wonderful fragrance to wear if you are planning a night out with your boyfriend or that special man in your life. I get creamy vanilla from this with a very gourmand dry-down. It reminds me of freshly made Galactoboureko or a pastry bakery from my childhood. Very sweet and yummy! My wife has a bottle of Kate Moss Vintage and it smells EXACTLY like it - except it is for women.

Definitely a feminine aroma. Just because Van Cleef & Arpels calls it a "men's" fragrance, it doesn't make it one. Check out the review on YouTube by mrzayas81: "I took a bottle with me on vacation to Cuba and my mother-in-law loved it. I left her the bottle as a gift." If you want to smell like creamy vanilla, then go for it... I'll pass!

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

So, today I popped out to the supermarket for some milk, cheese and bread and came home with a 125ml bottle of Midnight in Paris EDP, with a 20% discount. Great result! Tried the EDT a few months back, loved it, but wanted to purchase the EDP version. Glad I waited. This stuff is just- WAW. So soft, rich and deep... I'm getting like a cross between Jaipur Homme EDP, Bulgari Black and Dior Homme Intense (that to my nose is an amazing combination), very classy and elegant, whilst being modern, edgy and sexy at the same time. I still have a tiny spray on my arm from when I was in the department store 6 hours ago. Each time I move or walk around, I get wafts of this subtle, creamy, leather aroma. It is O.U.T.S.T.A.N.D.I.N.G. This has made my day. Full 5 stars. Bravo!

Greg1965
Greg1965

I blind bought this and the only concern I had was that I would start smelling the rubber as in Bvlgari Black.
Gladly I didn't. This is a very nice fragrance and I only have used 2 sprays. It's that but not overwelming. It's "someting else" in comparison with what I have and glad I bought it.

sergified
sergified

Just received this in the mail. It was a blind buy based on the reviews I read here, and also because that bottle is gorgeous! Well I'm glad I bought it because it is such a wonderful fragrance. I love the sweetness and leather mixed together. The opening reminds me of Armani Diamonds for men but this is 10x better. It smells expensive and I'm glad I can own it without having to pay a fortune.

katmitchell
katmitchell

This is my first review at fragrantica, even though I've been reading reviews here before I was never tempted to write my own comment. This cologne actually made me create a profile here. I was looking for a present for my boyfriend when I came across this gorgeous bottle, both bottle and the smell made me really confused as I clearly saw "pour homme" written on it, though it wasn't manly at all. The next day I gave it a second try and decided to see how it opens up on skin - and it totally blew my head off, it's so gentle and romantic though makes you feel comfortable and safe - this is how my man should smell. Plus giving this very fragrance as a present is like saying I love you without actually pronouncing it. It's unbelievably long-lasting as well, one spray on my wrist stayed there for more than 24 hours, even though I was washing dishes and took shower. I can't say much about the sillage, but this one is not supposed to be obvious to people who you're surrounded by, it's far too intimate. A number of reviewers say that it can be unisex, and I see why - it's sweet and romantic, but there is no way I can wear it as I feel there is something about it that states confidently - I'm a man. Well, if I was a lesbian I'd definitely go for it)

It's not a stereotypical type of cologne you can smell everywhere, and it wouldn't suit players who are out at night hunting for a one night stand, wouldn't suit sweet сute type of boys as well. It's really pure and noble, it's not throwing manliness at you and it's not shouting "look how brutal I am". Because it's implied already.

Valfar
Valfar

Finally found it today at a little store where i live. I was dying to test this. I must say i really love this one. Sweet leather fragrance, IMO is a sweet,subtle version of Fahrenheit. The projection is actually very soft for my taste and longevity i would say, moderate. If you are looking for a good subtle,mature,leather scent, you should check this out. I actually can't see someone saying they don't like this one. It is a very nice fragrance. I would rate this 8/10 because the projection is very soft for my taste.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Leather notes are okay, but I think tonka beans and almonds make this dubious and dual fragrance too warm and sweet. Sweetness that lasts. After a while I came to a conclusion: it is nothing special. I really tried to like this, but... Alas... : (

Good option for those who are under 28, but I would not, not recommend it for mature men. I believe Midnight in Paris would give people a wrong idea about them. It definitely does not transmit steadiness or self-confidence.

Very close to Serge Luten's Fourreau Noir due to tonka bean and almond notes.

I've only tried the EdP. Take a scent that was quite compelling, such as FUBU Plush for Men. Now s strip it of everything interesting and amp up the powdery, vanillic, suede-like, and musky ("modern" musk) elements greatly. And there you have MiP! I don't find it too sweet, but that may be because there are so many really sweet scents I've sampled recently that this one doesn't register as "going too far." I prefer Bvlgari Black because it doesn't have the irritating musk that MIP does, and so long as you don't apply too much it shouldn't be "headache in a bottle," in my experience (unless my sensitivity is super high, in which case I wouldn't wear any of these in any case).

I doubt a first year perfumery student would be able to stay awake composing something like this, but I guess it's great for those who "know what they want" and have no idea what an aficionado scent is (and probably hated them whenever they encountered them on rare occasions). If you don't pay much attention to the scent you wear, but only concern yourself with compliments, this indeed may be a great one! So, I understand the appeal, just as I understand why someone might want to eat nothing but vanilla ice cream.

zke94
zke94

I love this perfume and I get compliments all the time!

fuckoff123
fuckoff123

Even tho it prominently features many of my favourite notes it simply is too balmy for my nose. Blind bought this one, to my regrets. Remember kids; smell before you buy.

elleocee
elleocee

A thorough search for a replacement for MAC's discontinued MV2 has now ended with Midnight in Paris! It is by far the closest scent match and I have literally tested about 50 fragrances. To all of the other MV2 lovers enjoy!

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Fantastic!! Perfect combo of leather and that warm comforting sweetness. Does come off a little powdery in the opening but once that settles down you get an amazingly blended combo of all the notes. This smells similar to bvlgari black when bb is in its transistion transition from that harsh rubber to the creaminess at the end. But this is done so much nicer. Glad to have added it to my collection.

skipster
skipster

EDT first impressions: Gorgeous bottle, nice name, surprisingly low price online. At first it feels like a light version of Bulgari Black, but the power is gone in 60 seconds and the scent stays very close to the skin afterwards. So close that you almost have to touch the skin with your nose to detect it. The drydown is softer and sweeter, almost edible. I understand the references to Dior Homme Intense here. But you still need to be very close to enjoy it.

The notion of MiP being Black without the rubber note is very precise. Smoky vanilla and leather dominate here and if it only packed some more punch it would be a killer. As it is, it is no match for Black or DHI, both of which are more spectacular and a lot more powerful, especially the latter.

On the other hand: As a refined skin scent for romantic occasions, MiP may very well be the perfect choice. I really like it and it lingers quite a long time, but the EDT is just a bit too quiet for my taste. Guess I'll have to try the EDP.

EDIT: The lack of power seems to be my nose getting used to this scent very quickly. According to my wife and daughter the EDT fills the house the first hour after applying. And my shirt still has a very strong note of midnight in the morning. It certainly is potent, but your surroundings get to enjoy it more than yourself. I love it nonetheless.

EDIT 2: Finally got hold of the EdP. Certainly deeper and richer, with more vanilla and less leather. Might be a little more feminine than the EdT, but not much. Longevity is outstanding. The perfect companion for Bvlgari Black. If you like the basic chord, you will enjoy owning both. Just let your mood decide if you want to go avant garde or smooth.

The EdT is still very good and stands somewhere in the middle between the two. Will make a fine compromise if you only want to own one smoky leather vanilla fragrance.

rzetzm
rzetzm

I've been a fairly regular member of fragrantica, and have adored reading so many DIFFERENT reviews from it's incredible fan base. I've also (of course) loved this journey of my own through sniffing.

So - Midnight in Paris.

Those of us who don't live in a much cooler climate can relax, for the reason for this review is this: I'm a guy from warm climate, and this is a serious compliment-getter. Everyone seems to just adore this on me; I get an adult vanilla feel all about this, yet it's not exactly sweet. It's... a leathery, almond-y/vanilla (tonka bean). Reading the descriptions I don't get much further... so I'll make a much less professional but perhaps more accurate description. This smells (to me) like plastic-y, green vanilla. In a good way. It's nice, but at first sniff, I'm not OMG head-over-heels. Anyone else smelling me, though, definitely is.

I think it's because the cologne is quite an androgynous scent. It appeals to all noses. From young to old.

I'm not always a fan of wearing scents for others, but I will say that it's a pleasure wearing this. I do like this; not quite as much as everyone else does, but absolutely worth a shot.

And the bottle is ridiculous, a real work of art, multicolored with a constellation on the back.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

i got the EDP version...
its similar to BB except for the horrid rubber smell....
its smoother and got good sillage....
decent longevity....
to me it smells rich....& sophisticated
gr8 perfume

umtaleb
umtaleb

This smells so lovely on men.

It is not provocative, but classy and refined. Makes one want to get closer to person wearing this. The smokey quality from the incense in the dry-down makes one want to lean in a little closer.

sedan79
sedan79

the best fragrance on me ever, I want to smell it all the time !! great job VC&A

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

On a cool winter's night when you have somewhere inviting to go, put on Midnight in Paris. This is an urban classic with a deep freshness and warmth. Everytime I wear this I am immeadiately complimented for my scent. It makes me feel clean, sharp and deep. It evokes images of cosy cafes in dimly lit avenues near a port. MIP by Van Cleef Arpels is exquisite.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I'm going to have to go against the grain here. I tried this yesterday and all I could think was that it smelled like that combination of plastic, foam and metal that you get when you take a new electrical appliance out of its box.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Mine has just arrive and at the very spray,was Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.
I can't believe no one have said that the opening is very similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. Still a beautiful scent.

Kingpharroh
Kingpharroh

This one smells very similar to Dior Homme Intense. It was the iris like opening and then dries down to a tonka bean finish. I was surprised to see it doesnt have iris listed because I surely smell it. As far as the lemon, black lily of the valley, rosemary. I'm not getting that vibe at all. No I take that back, I do get a glimmer of those notes after the blast of iris calms down very faintly. Very likeable and wearable fragrance. I have to test the edp version to see how it differs from the one one have (EDT). If you like Dior Homme Intense you will probably like Midnight In Paris EDT as well.

Renato
Renato

Midnight In Paris EDP can be described as being akin to Bvlgari Black in that to me they are both predominantly tea and vanilla scents. But instead of having Bvlgari Black's rubbery tea note (the same type as in Annick Goutal's Duel)the tea note is more akin to the fresher one in Fath's Yang.

On me Bvlagari Black conked out in effectiveness after about three hours, and it always seemed somewhat feminine. However, Midnight In Paris EDP easily lasted over 9 hours, though the tea note conked out after four or five hours.

Unlike Bvlgari Black, I didn't feel funny wearing Midnight In Paris because, while not particularly masculine, it didn't smell particularly feminine to me either. However, my 13 year old nephew perceived it as being a feminine scent (he owns about 70 scents, and so has some expertise in the field), so I suspect such may not be an uncommon observation made by others.

As a recreational astronomer, I really like the constellations depicted on the bottle - shame there isn't a Southern Hemisphere version.
Regards.

kuba
kuba

High quality stuff!!!!,for all those who used to use V&A colognes would understand what it means to say "HIGH QUALITY STUFF".good fragrance and well balanced.it projects well and last for days.BRAVO

Adam300691
Adam300691

Just got this scent this morning, as a blind buy after reading all the reviews, and im actually really impressed!

This scent is definitely a powdery/smokey/incense cologne, yet with a floral touch up in it.

When i smell it, i have images of mysterious figures looming in darkness, and i feel kind of ethereal, and i assume the incense would play a part for that.

This is definitely a night time scent, i only put it on this morning to try it, and i wouldn't really go around in the day time wearing it, it just doesn't feel right mixing it with daylight. This is a cologne that i can imagine Dracula wearing haha!

In a way of being romantic as stated by previous reviewers, it could be classed as romantic, but i dont really see the romance with it myself, more like going on a date, with someone special, maybe for the first time, and wearing Midnight in Paris - to be evasive yet classy about it, but hard to get and mysterious at the same time.

LOVE THIS SCENT!

browne54
browne54

The following review is for the EDT:

I blind bought MIP from Amazon for around $35 USD about a year ago. At first I was not blown away and thought I mistakenly bought into the hype. However I found the purpose for this scent; it is strictly for ROMANTIC WEAR. Strictly. It mixes a strong, and authentic, leather note with a smoky vanilla/amber base. People have compared to Bvlgari Black and I see the resemblance but I think this is much more classier, much more. It kind of reminds me of YSL's Body Kouros in terms of how the incense/benzoin olfactory contradiction is utilized. However Body Kouros is much more dry/oriental woody where MIP is sweet and balmy. This fragrance shines in a romanticized setting, during the cooler months, during the evening, as suggested by its name. I don't think its full character would come through in warm weather. Its sweet side contrasting with a mysterious incense aids in the art of subtle and slow seduction. As a mid-twenties male, I think the scent itself is just okay, well blended, but not a favorite. My taste tends to be more toward a masculine woody/tobacco/musky scent. However, like Body Kouros, females adore this and are impressed; I believe because it is sweet and not abrasively masculine but is blended so well that it has a mysterious yet inviting vibe. It is not made for a club/bar ambiance and I cannot under any circumstances see this as a signature scent. I think this is an excellent first date/romantic wear choice for a mature 23+ age crowd. The secret is to not over spray because it becomes overbearing and cloying/nauseating because the incense/leather notes take over. But three sprays allows for the delicate proportion of sweet and smoky and in a date setting makes its presence known at arms length (across table at restaurant) but yearns to be best appreciated up close and personal.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

I agree with the Fragrance Bros on this one. The overall effect of this cologne is a little too feminine. It has a sweet/floral component to it that rubs me the wrong way. Buyer beware, unless you like that sort of thing.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Lovely stuff this. Very welcoming, snuggly type scent. Subtle smell that doesn't project loud but stays close to skin. Floral, balmy, rubbery, sweet. I like it. Good for winter time or summer nights. Try it.

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Just recieved mine frim the mail yesterday.... uhhmmm, to be Completely honest.... im not Blown away, but atleast i dint hate it as much as i don't like Blgari Black. This was a blind buy for me. This one is a likeable scent. i wore this today on a cold afternoon, and even if the weather was cold today, this really is a Night time scent. im givi g it some time, and maybe learn to Love tnis scent

Deefit

The first time I smelled this I didn't really get what all the excitement was all about. Now I've tried it on my skin and wow, I do get it. It works better on the skin than on a piece of paper, way better! It must be said though that my first experience was based on the EDT and my current experience on the EDP version of Midnight in Paris.

I get the comparisons with Bvlgari Black, but both are two entirely different fragrances. I like Midnight in Paris better. Black is more of a dry leather smell, this one is more smoky and balmy. Although in my opinion, projection could have been a little better. But it's subtle now, as it is.

And the bottle of course, absolutely beautiful! I'd like to own it, just for the bottle.

rockets
rockets

This is a story that takes shape from the first spray, fresh and sensual.
The heat released in the heart is truly incredible, edible and has something of the highest quality, the provision is a ferment of wood and resins, may be a love potion ... after all, with a name like that and a bottle that brings most of the stars of the northern sky ...... not to mention the famous painting by Van Gogh: we are faced with something exceptional (this is what it says on my nose)
I was left to Opium pour homme (masterpiece), but Midnight in Paris made me forget some.
masterpiece

Mr.Lazuardi
Mr.Lazuardi

i don't care what people said about this stuff
i definitely love and adore this stuff,it deep,rubbery,leathery,sexy,and it got incense in it

wooww,definitely love this stuff

keyvan2013
keyvan2013

قبل از نوروز92 تست کردم. به نظرم بیشتر بوی حشره کش میداد تا عطر
واقعا ناامید شدم

corestar
corestar

I bought the Eau de Toilet. I am unhappy mainly because it does not last long and very very soft. The tail is weak and I really had to smell very close after 1hr just to get those last notes. I do not know if I bought an older Perfume or this is it. Anyway I guess I will be using it aftershower atleast for my Hair since it does evaporate fast.

What a waste of money and time!

LandHo
LandHo

Not that this fragrance needs another review, especially from someone new enough to the game like I am (new to wearing fragrances but 44 years worth of living..for perspective), but I'll add to it. First, I cringe when some things are listed as what appear to be absolutes because I'm quickly learning that fragrances differ vastly (in how they smell and are perceived) from person to person and from paper to skin (equally important). I freely offer that this is a subjective opinion and should be read as such.

The only thing I feel like adding to the 100+ other reviews is for those trying out different fragrances to see what they like and what kind of "wardrobe" they might want to build. If you're like me and you wanted to try some leather based fragrances this is a very good one but where I have been hoping for the wonderful smell I get when I go into a leather goods store (belts, wallets, jackets, etc.) this is still not it. Of course I don't know if smelling like a leather shop would be a good idea :) but I do know I go into those type of shops just for the smell. It's comforting and I seem to be looking for that type of thing as I start my collection. I've read some reviews for MIP about leather couches and such but unless they had some lingering perfume on them I don't get that natural leather feeling.

As for the Bvlgari Black comparisons, yes, I get it (and I THINK anybody sampling it will) BUT - and it's a HUGE BUT - MIP doesn't have a big rubber mallet beating you senseless. Again, my perspective. There is some type of sharp note in the leather (not sure which note it is) but it's still enjoyable. So far I prefer it to the dirty (but more authentic to real leather) Knize Ten but am undecided on if I would prefer it to Dueto's Golden Boy (which is less sensual and possibly more of a suede).

I don't know that I've added anything of value but to fellow newbies I'd definetly recommend sampling and if you tried Bvlgari Black first and were afraid of MIP because of the comparisons don't be (if it was the rubber that caused your fear). On a side note, as someone who had a summer job while in college working in a tire store I really can't imagine why someone would want to smell like a brand new piece of Goodyear's finest (which is exactly what BB smells like - TO ME)

donz1
donz1

This scent is absolutely intoxicating. I cannot stop smelling myself. The EDP is def worth it.

Martinello
Martinello

I recently bought a 125 ml EDP of Midnight in paris.
I absolutely adore the smell of it but for some reason it doesn't hold on me. Last night I applied it, 2 sprays on the chest and 2 on the wrist. I get the great leather smell mixed with the light rubber smell.It stays like this for about 1-2 hours. After that I couldn't smell it anymore. Only on my T-shirt, which absorbed part of the perfume, I could still smell it at the end of the evening. I love the fragrance but what can I do to make it last?

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

EDT: Starts off with a very strong leather smell, but it mellows down and incorporates a powdery/smoky almond and vanilla. This fragrance lasts 10+ hours on my skin and projects for 4 hours. The tonka, benzoin,almond and incense drydown smells amazing.

JacobMiller
JacobMiller

This Perfume is also good. I like it's smell and i hope you also like it.

aromaphile
aromaphile

Alright! Those slim-fitting black dress pants you got me lead right back to TJ Maxx. I exchanged the pants for a gift set containing a 4.2 EDT along with aftershave balm. ("Value" $39.99) Worlds apart from VC&A PH (which I enjoy). This, I love it.

saadishahid
saadishahid

Amazing fragrance. The dry down is just magical.

Ivanaish
Ivanaish

I bought the EDT of this one, its for sure not an easy formula, no specific note could be distinguished at the first smell, but i'd say that it has taken me to the "John Varvatos" from John Varvatos, they both have a sweet leather notes, but this one seems more pure and elegant and draw a genius musical piece as tune ruining, with time it change to a better value, more soft powdery notes reminds of the Dior masterpiece Homme Intense edition i even kept my nose sticked to my wrist

susieqrj
susieqrj

I bought this one to myself, not to my husband. To me, this a feminine fragrance, it is sweet and almondy. Some are saying that it smells of rubber (like Bvlgari Black). Maybe it happens on EDP version, which I haven´t tried, I don´t know. I can smell leather, but no rubber at all (I own an edt 75ml flask).

subaruguy34
subaruguy34

A great opening of tea and leather. The leather in this would be comparable to Pure Leather. That being synthetic and slightly plasticy. I don't get the rubber note which some say can be found in this like in Bvgari Black. Vanilla and amber round this scent out with a touch on incense and almond.

SCENT: 9/10
LONGEVITY: 8/10 (8-10 hours every wearing)
PROJECTION: 7/10 (2-3 hours of solid projection)
VERSATILITY: 7/10 (day or night below 60 degrees and easy to wear. Non-offensive.
PRICE POINT: 10/10 (EDT version is $42/ 100 mil!)

OVERALL: 8/10 Very well rounded scent that is sweet and herbal. Highly recommend this scent if you haven't tried it :-)

deadidol
deadidol

Yup. Getting the Bulgari Black similarity here, too. Fortunately, that's one of the few mass-produced lines I actually like, so this seems quite nice. It's a little lighter and smoother than the Bulgari, though.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

EDP: The similarities of this gem to BLV Black are definitely uncanny....but I could see how it stands alone as its own brand....the vanilla notes are stripped from the same exact flower, but MIP does it softer and classier IMO...BLVB is a bit overbearing at the top then smoothes out by the base...MIP is soft from top to base but holds its magic throughout...I give MIP EDP two very enthusiastic THUMBS UP!

Isaac3
Isaac3

Amazing fragrance, and a steal at that. I purchased the EDP version. MiP opens up a little harsh. Similar to Bulgari's Black, but more calm. This burnt leather accord stays for about 30 minutes to an hour. It is backed by not overpowering sweet and resiny notes. Then the tea creeps in as the leather fades. The tea and resin mix in an amazing way, it makes the tea almost sparking and creamy. After this fades you are left with what I believe is the best part. A Tonka, benzoin incense drydown, with a hint of nuttiness to top it off. It is very warm and inviting, but light at the same time. I blind bought this and am very impressed with it.

Scent: 8 out of 10

Longevity: 8 out of 10

Projection: 8 out of 10 ( it lasted 8+ hours on me and I still had a nice scent bubble.)

Versatility: 8 out of 10 (You can wear this any time, anywhere, as long as it's not blisteringly hot outside.)

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

first of all; a piece of art bottle...maybe one of the best..
absolutely a beauty...
perfume itself is also...
i am not so much into balmy scents but this delivers it so smoothly...
very good sillage & projection, long lasting..
reminds me the pirelli tyre like bvlgari black in start and the drying notes my lovely dior intense..
love this perfume...
smells pure quality..elegance...

akats
akats

This is more femminine I think and I would buy it for myself and not for my husband. It is soft and close to skin, the leather is very quiet and subtle and the fruits on the background make it different from a masculine dry leathery scent. I cannot smell incense here. I have to test it again so as to form a definate opinion, but I liked it from the first spray. Very wearable and suitable for everyone.

ajdowton
ajdowton

A charming bottle and presentation for a charming fragrance. I definitely recognize the BVLGARI Black alluded to in many other reviews - even the rubber smell - but it is more subtle here. The powdery/sweet interplay is pleasant, and I get a vanilla note as well as a leathery freshness.

It smells expensive to me despite being quite reasonably priced, and the moderate sillage/respectable longevity (on my skin at least) lend themselves to the enticement of the fragrance, a key component of romance in my opinion. I have received several compliments on this fragrance, all interestingly from other men, but I would be interested to experience it on a woman.

harlemmal
harlemmal

Very good scent. Close to the skin though. I do smell the rubber scent. To me it reminds of Armani Empirio Diamonds.

Deefit

The bottle is gorgeous! I have noticed this a few times, but I never smelled the fragrance itself. But I really should I guess, after reading all these promising reviews.

paulhunter
paulhunter

Sprayed some of the EDP on my wrist and I must say it's a very charming scent. It's sweet and around what I expected to smell but it didn't truly blow me away, it doesn't smell like a real masterpiece to me. I probably will still buy it because it is fail-proof and pretty and the bottle is beautiful, but the scent didn't knock me off my feet. Everything gets a 10/10 except for the scent, that gets 8/10
* an extra note * my mom smelled this lingering in the car and she called me to ask me what it was because she liked it that much. My mom has never (except for literally 1 other time) complimented ANYBODY's fragrance. So that says something.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

I feel this one is slightly more masculin than Bvlgari Black, although my bf still feels it´s too feminin for him. BB is somewhat more sexy, where MiP feels a bit more business-y. I adore them both.

fragrancesommelier
fragrancesommelier

Yes, Midnight in Paris does remind me of Bvlgari Black, like the 102 (to date) other sheep who've said the same. But that's all it does is remind me; it doesn't smell just like it. It's a lot softer/sweeter on top, whereas Bvlgari Black gets straight to the rubber/leather accord, which is quite nice in its own right, but keeps showing up at TJ Maxx alongside BLV(?)

Where the two differ also is, with Midnight in Paris I get the "where have you been all my life(?)" vibe. It's certainly something I could have worn to Moulin Rouge, or La Nouvelle Eve this past September. I don't quite get that same feeling from Bvlgari Black. Evidently MiP has been right there (right under my nose) the whole time. I liken it to ignoring the girl who obvoiusly likes you (and every guy's done it), but you continue to pursue the other girl that's not tryin to hear it.

To wrap: the lesson is, don't deny yourself the pleasure of a good thing because you're seeking what you "think" is a better thing. Typically, I don't rank fragrances, because I think ranking is overrated, but this one is a 10/10 no doubt :)

neri
neri

Cheiro de gente velha tomada banho!!!
Ou melhor, parece aqueles perfumes de bebê que vende em supermercado que vem numas embalagens de "1 litro".
O frasco é uma obra prima, mas o cheiro é bem mediano.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Really nice, dark, powdery and sweet. Male leather, female flowers. Top notes remind me Escada's "Magnetism", base notes makes me think about Dior's "Homme Intense" -the drydown has that makeup smell-. Violets and incense bring this scent close to Dior's "Fahrenheit Absolute" too. Suitable for winter and you can manage to wear it also on summer nights.

Just by the way: I've never been to Paris -city which really attracts me- but the smell of MIP is not even close to what I can imagine for a night in the french capital city. Maybe some parisian citizen reading this note may give me some ideas.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

First time I smelled this blind. I thought it was Black by Bulgari. When I tested them side by side I noticed that this one is softer. I understand well how so many loves it's modern and unisex fell though.

I sold my Black because it felt a bit harsh. Then I bought Midnight in Paris but it was disapointment too. I gave it first proper wearing today and it smells like I have used too much fabric softener. Did Black and MiP give inspiration for Cleans and such?

Nice bottle. Like the name too.

micpower
micpower

I really wanted to love it , but I found MIP (EDT) very feminine to wear. There is a women cosmetic smell in it. which made me feel unpleasant with it. Sorry but I don't think that it is a masterpiece.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I don't understand why everyone thinks that is smells like BVgari Black, to me it doesn't at all. The notes on paper look like a masterpiece but on the skin it's noting special, next!

jandajohn
jandajohn

one thing to say: BUY THE EDP! really worth the extra money. was confused by everybody rating the sillage so low, then tried the EdT myself and i understand now. EdP projects like a monster especially for the first 30min...amazingly good scent, not a blind-buy (inscents may be too overpowering for some), and not for every occasion but an amazing night-out and date scent!

muskymoi
muskymoi

This is just so wonderfully subtle and magical. ya know, in the 20s, there was no masculine/feminine divide for fragrances...this is, I daresay, a ploy invented in the last 40-50 years (cooked up by Madmen-types) to siphon even MORE money from us. People should wear what they like and they should like this. It's just lovely and perfect for fall/winter...

OZ
OZ

Tested the EDT version:
First of all, I have to say that I've tried again and again Bvlgari Black and could not bring myself to like it, Black reminds me of car tyres way too much. Because Midnight in Paris is often compared with Black, I have not tested it until today.

MiP, to my nose, is so much gentler, smoother and softer compares to Black, while it is pretty linear on my skin, it's very sniff-able. A just-right combination between leather, tonka bean and incense. If you like Black and thought it was a bit too masculine, too "car tyres", MiP could be the answer. The bottle is gorgeous by the way.

For fans of both Black and MiP, try Dior Homme, it has the same gene to my nose.

LANIER
LANIER

Midnight in Paris…. The name is like a never-ending romantic cliché that has captured the imagination of artists from Hemmingway to Woody Allen. It is the cliché of love found and lost in the city where love learned to spell its name in French. It is beyond even that for, this midnight is something special. It is more than an evening in Paris; this is a religious conversion into all that is Parisian, a fall from grace into erotic abandon. And it all begins in church.

There is the forbidden love where the lips of star crossed lovers can only meet on the rim of a communion cup. There is the lost love of the soul that can only find a quantum of fleeting comfort in a midnight prayer. There is the fever love that lives in the heart alone and untouched by reality. The unforgiven unrequited love that is so sweet and deadly that it is irresistible to some poor souls who know not how to love in any other way. This opiate of love is whispered in Gods ear in hopes of just one returned smile. It is a drug and there is no cure but to die. These loves hang heavy in the incensed air and swirl slowly just above the heads of the faithful in one church in Paris, L'église de la Madeleine, the church of the Madeleine.

From the street it looks like a pagan temple to Venus. But when you enter in the late afternoon it is bathed in golden candle light of hope. The heavy perfume of the lingering incense from morning mass is oriental and comes up over the eons from ancient Rome. That very incense held over from the worship of the old gods and in it you can feel that it has embodied the intertwining war of lust and redemption for millennia. Lovers meet in this church, some to go off into the midnight in ethereal newness of love. Some meet here to marry love and some to burry a lover that is lost. And a few come to pray for an ending to love. No one leaves the Earth without dying a little from one touch of Venus.

For me, this is Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef and Arpels. Opening with leather, ringed in holly, citrus, rosemary like a pagan wreath on a temple wall. This wreath of scent is set on fire as it touches the skin only to smolder with the incense that comes at once from the base to hold court throughout the life of the perfume. The mid notes of lily of the valley, tea and the balsamic smoky leather of the styrax only add to the soft powdered evolution of the incense. When the dry down comes the transformation is subtle on the wings of amber, benzoin, bitter almonds and a lingering of that pagan eastern incense that is supported by the vanillin charms of the Tonka bean.

If you wear Midnight in Paris to church the nuns will notice for the silage is sinfully bold. The whole event from first spray to the death of this lovely thing is around seven hours. Some may say it leans toward the feminine but I say it is daringly oriental and deeply erotic. Be warned, wearing Midnight in Paris on a Friday night may land you in a confessional on Saturday morning.

fuggerone
fuggerone

one word..sexy!
tons of positive feedback!

cory9207
cory9207

Bvlgari Black Pour Femme? In all seriousness, I believe I've just found the perfect scent to pair with my favorite cologne--Bvlgari Black. This could be worn year round day or night in my opinion, but I think I'll keep this on during the day and let it "fade to Black" when I go out at night. (Bvlgari Black - gasoline/tire smell) + fresh floral smell= a new go-to cologne

benjiboy360
benjiboy360

You close your eyes and spray this cologne onto your neck. The spray evolves into a beautiful french women with only but her bear skin to wear. You open your eyes and you are suddenly taken to an apartment in paris with tall windows and a view of the eiffel tower. The windows are open with long white curtains flowing with the breeze. The moonlight shines into the apartment and onto the skin of this beautiful french women. The clock strikes midnight and she leads you to the bed. You lie her down and make beautiful love in the moonlight of paris. That is where this fragrance takes me each time I put it on. This fragrance is indeed a dark magical european potion used for the hour of midnight. It is a sensual and mysterious weapon used to allure the most beautiful of women. But it is romantic rather than ultra sexy. It is beautiful. And is by far one of my favorites.

RAG1987
RAG1987

EDP Version**

Well this is a mighty fine fragrance I love it. I recieved my bottle last week and had it ordered from Bulgaria to Scotland via Ebay for a very good price.

I done a skin on the back of my hand and I thought that's nice! Then I wore it properly the following day with one spray on either side of my neck. Thrusting my head back every so often and taking a sniff I could smell it and it is amazing. The smokey notes are very apparent and adds the perfect touch to this fragrance. I can still smell this on the collar of my jacket and on my bed sheets a few days later. The longevity on my skin is in excess of 9 hours and projection is just right ( I don't want to be smelt from across the room, I prefer to be smelt up close) I agree with many reviews saying that this is an intimate fragrance for that reason that it doesn't Sream "Look at me look at me, smell me smell me" It whispers "come a little closer... don't I smell good".

I met with my brother one day when I was wearing this and he casually said "Oh I smell something really nice" so I stepped over so he could smell more and he said to me. I picture the inside of a really nice smelling posh Jaguar car. I thought he meant I smelt like a magic tree air freshner but he said that he thought this fragrance would be suited to a man driving such a car with it's type of smell.

It is safe to say that this bottle will only be used for special ocassions as I don't fancy wasting it on a trip to the shops or a shift at work with the guys wearing their lacoste or Le male.

I get that a lot of people see this as a unisex scent, to some extent I agree but to me this has a masculine kick to it, so I would be inclined to hide this from the women as it is for me and me only.

fertonani
fertonani

Perfeito para aquele encontro a dois. Perfume muito romântico, elegante e sensual. Eu não o recomendaria para uma balada, ele não deixa rastro, não é invasivo, mas fixa bem, umas 8 horas na minha pele.

Este perfume é matador pra usar com seu par romântico, ele é irresistível, muito diferente mas não chega a ser exótico, acho difícil uma mulher que não curta sentir esse cheiro no pescoço de um homem. Ele tem algo de natural, parece seu próprio cheiro, só que melhor.

Valentino
Valentino

So...I have to admit I was rather dismissive when I first tried Midnight in Paris. I really did think it was a Bulgari Black knock-off!

Boy, was I ever wrong! Taking the weird rubber note out of Black and replacing it with what I can only describe as a 'fresh' leather was a stroke of genius. How they got leather to sparkle is beyond me, but they did it! This stuff is effervescent for almost the entire duration. The other stand-out note for me is the matcha tea. This is a finely milled green tea most popular in Japan, and if you know it you will recognize it here in the midnotes.

When combined with the warmth of tonka, these two create one of the most wearable men's fragrances in decades. When I say that...I mean it succeeds in being interesting and unusual without ever being offensive, even when you apply heavily. Any time, any place is an occasion for MIP.

I wear it to work, going out, or just for myself after a shower. Like a lovely, dark blue velvet robe! Now, where did I put my pipe and slippers...

Udaria
Udaria

Made for the men, but liked by the women. Loved by this girl. There is something in it that I have not smelled in years - I suppose it is the leather note. Those scents were often not my favorites, but Midnight in Paris is subtle, light and refreshing to wear. No dark notes, just a pleasant stream of sameness, citrus and that leather note. For the price, a gem.

milklizard
milklizard

I don't actually remember what it smells like since I was smelling so many things when I smelled this, but it was sooooo beautiful.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

the perfect scent to spray directly onto clothing. its powdery in an elegant way, cuddly, embracing, warm and nutty vanillic, with a smokey leather undertone..simply gorgeous.

silentrich
silentrich

I own both Bulgari Black and Midnight in Paris EDP. They have some notes in common, but the most noticeable is the rubber not. In Bulgari Black it smells like a bike tire. In MiP it smells more like a leather with hints of rubber. Also the tea notes and vanilla notes in MiP a much nicer than in Bulgari Black and MiP has more going on. Two similar fragrance, but MiP is packing N2O.

gatsby
gatsby

just ordered, in EDP version. Can t wait :DDD

pattnaik
pattnaik

This fragrance reminds me Bvlgari Black. Smoky leathery.

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

Edp version:

LOVE IT! It does remind me of DHI, but in my honest opinion, its more masculine. It is deeper and smokier. People will notice. People will compliment.

lune85
lune85

Midnight in Paris is warm snuggly amber, smokey incense, and a touch of sweet vanilla in a bottle. Delicious! I have the EDT, and the staying power and projection is quite nice. Often times, Midnight in Paris is compared with Bvlgari Black and while I do smell the similarities, I would say the two are more disimiliar than alike. If Midnight in Paris and Bvlgari Black were siblings, Midnight would be the romantic poet whereas Black would be the motorcycle riding rebel.

pure_dreamer

This for me is the best fragrance I have ever smelt in addition to Creed MI.

If I had to make an sacrifice getting rid of half of my collection to keep this one I would happily (with the exception of Dior Homme Sport, Armani Code, YSL L'Homme, Pure Malt and Boss Bottled) do it just so I can always have this smell in my life.

I am so hard to please when it comes to fragrances; as after 3 years of collecting I am finally getting to understand the notes I love. This is why I try to keep my collection to 20 maximum because half of them I wont be re-buying however this is one of the few I certainly will be.

I look forward to the day I find something as good if not better.

My signature scent if a fussy collector ever had one...

Razzamatazz
Razzamatazz

Like a male(unisex actually) version of obsession night but with a strong leather thing going on..

Kain
Kain

In a perfume shop when I bought several bottles, the sales man gave me a small bottle of this fragrance (4 ml EDT) and said hey, give this one a try sucker! :d
When I put it on my skin .... oh man! it's so so familiar!
Yes. Dior Homme Intense opening. Yes!
That Iris and vanilla smell was in this fragrance too but without the coco and a little weaker than DHI. in the dry down instead of sweet vanilla and coco combo, I got sweet leather and vanilla combo with small amount of incense which give this fragrance burned rubber vibe, just like Bvlgari Black. very nice.
Very good projection and longevity with this fragrance.
So if you want to have DHI opening and Bvlgari Black dry down and base in a bottle, this is for you guys.
تو عطر فروشي كه بودم، بعداز خريد فروشنده يه سمپل كوچيك 4 ميلي ليتري با غلضت تويلت (غلضت پرفيوم هم داره اين عطر) از اين عطر به من داد و گفت تست كن شايد خوشت بياد
خونه كه برگشتم رو پوستم تستش كردم كه بوي بسيار خوبي داشت و در عين حال بوش برام خيلي آشنا بود
رايحه اوليه اش خيلي شبيه ديور هوم اينتنس بود. منظورم اون بوي شيرين گل زنبق و سوسن به اضافه وانيل كه فقط رايحه كاكائو رو كم داشت. خيلي خوشبو هست
بعد در ادامه رايحه چرم به شيريني وانيل اضافه ميشه كه اونو رايحه دود مانندي هم همراهي ميكنه كه در نهايت، تركيب اينا بويي شبيه به لاستيك سوخته رو براتون تداعي ميكنه كه شيرين هم هست. تلخ و دودي و در عين حال شيرين و دلپذير. بوش در اين قسمت تا حد بسيار زيادي شبيه بولگاري بلك هست. اگه توضيحات منو راجع به اون عطر بخونين متوجه منظور من در مورد بوي لاستيك سوخته ميشين
پخش بو و ماندگاري خيلي خوبي داره اين عطر
اگه ميخواين ديور هوم اينتنس و بولگاري بلك رو يه جا داشته باشين، اين عطر به نظر من انتخاب بسيار خوبيه
البته بازم يادآوري كنم كه فقط رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر شبيه ديور هست و در ادامه بوش شبيه بولگاري بلك ميشه

jamwires
jamwires

Impressive.

I bought this for fairly cheap. I don't like many designer fragrances, so I didn't have the highest of expectations, but wow. This is actually really good. Take Dior Homme/DHI, and replace the iris/lipstick note with a bit of leather/Bvlgari Black rubber instead. That's the simplest way to break it down, but it's right on the money.

Very good. My favorite designer fragrance.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I just bought a bottle of this cologne while away on a trip. I'd read the mostly positive reviews and wanted to try it. I bought the 75 ml. bottle for 61 dollars at the duty free shop at the airport. I can say that I was not disappointed. I find it to be a nice, sophisticated, classy scent. It's smooth and easy to wear. Non-intrusive and pleasant. It's warm and cozy. I wore it for the first time last evening and when my sister-in-law hugged me goodbye she said, "oh you smell good." - 'Nuff said!

pure_dreamer

Best fragrance since pure malt!!!!

Magnificent. Marvelous. Magical. Just absolutely beautiful and romantic. Smooth, soft, sweet, seductive.

It is a leathery, smokey, tonka and almonds. To my nose it is kinda of a mix of Prada Amber Pour Homme and Giorgio Armani Code.

I never get complements that much and and I have over 20 scents.... but this one is working and the best thing about this I LOVE it just as much as other people...

sumpunk85
sumpunk85

This cologne definitely has a leather vibe, but also floral on top of that. To keep this short and sweet. It's masculine, but also feminine. I'm a guy and I love it. It smells a lot like Armani Black Code (entire scent), Dior Homme Intense (leather vibe), and Lucky You for Women (floral). All the notes work harmonious together. I did get that "rubber tire" note in the beginning, first 30 minutes. You are then left with a light floral, woody, leathery powder.

It will definitely get you noticed & keep your lovers attention. This is definitely a date cologne. The tonka bean dry down allows for close contact without the headache effect.

*EDP Version

frostyicy
frostyicy

Review of the EdP:

Midnight in Paris.....what is there to say about this fragrance, other than it is absolutely, undoubtedly one of the best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of smelling.

It easily made its way to be my signature scent.

Where many describe this scent as more of a romantic night out scent(in which it is), this can also easily be worn daily.

This fragrance is by far my definition of smooth elegance and sexy. Many consider this fragrance to be unisex yet to me there is something masculine about this, it could be the leather note that makes it masculine. I can't see any male wearing this and a female not drooling over it. I have received countless compliments from the ladies which is always a big plus.

This fragrance has a subtle powdery sweetness to it. The floral note is very well done in this fragrance. To my nose the notes that make the biggest impact are definitely all of the base notes and the hit of leather. The almond in the base makes this fragrance have a creamy vibe to it. Also there is a very vibrant tea note in this fragrance, which is one of the best tea notes I have ever smelled.

As many others have stated this can be compared to Dior Homme, and Armani Code. Both this and Dior Homme share the same perfumier and it shows in both fragrances. Many compare this to Bvlgari Black, to me they are no where close as Midnight in Paris does not have that horrid rubber note that predominately takes over Bvlgari Black.

When I wear this I could imagine myself out on a date with a beautiful gorgeous woman in the night time cool of the spring. We have been to dinner casually dressed attire. We then decide to go for a stroll through a park. We sit down on a park bench and gaze into the beautiful night time sky having a nice conversation. She nestles under me and fully embraces my essence and the fragrance of a Midnight in Paris.

All in all this fragrance is a very elegant, smooth and sexy. Also the bottle....pictures does the bottle no justice easily the best bottle every created. This fragrance is a must have for the classy elegant man, who is confident in himself.

Sillage/Projection: 10/10 after 8 hours of wearing I still received compliments.
Longevity 10/10 Easily lasts 16 hours on my skin.
Compliment factor: 10/10 Many, Many, Many....
Purpose: 10/10
Season: Will work in any season.

LSDnSideBurns
LSDnSideBurns

Picked this up blind after reading many reviews consisting of:

"ZOMG bEst FragraNCE EVAR!!!11!one!"

Though I can't say that I'm disappointed. Breathtakingly beautiful bottle. Warm, embracing, balmy, sweet, not too much resin. Smooth, with incredible depth and space (suddenly the bottle design makes sense). Somewhat linear, remains mostly the same from start to finish.

I've gotten a few compliments at work on this one. Ladies seem to enjoy the sweeter fragrances more, less so the show-stopping powerhouses.

I picked up the EdT version, and I was shocked with its strength. Excellent projection and longevity. For a subtle, yet detectable aura I apply 2 sprays in the same place on the chest. Last 10+ hours, and still detectable. Add a couple sprays to the wrists or neck to be noticed, but this is not a scent that screams "Hey! Look at me!"

Romantic and gorgeous, this is for the self-assured man, not looking to seek attention. Feminine, but confident in his masculinity.

Akhan
Akhan

MIND BLOWING sophistication, uniqueness, projections, silage, longevity. Outstanding! very different and something not for everyone - i can see that.
this stuff is so potent, no way can two sprays be exceeded.
This is a true masterpiece - highly recommended! (for a test - like always) :-) fragrances should never be blindly bought - they own you or they don't....

6/5 on the whole, especially since nothing this interesting and captivating has come in the recent times.... yes i know i am raving about it :-)

brilliant, gorgeous stuff! not for conformers though. I mean not for those guys who are careful about whats manly and whats feminine... come on guys live! push the borders.... these aspects of femininity and masculinity are also culturally constructed and vary.

marques_rp
marques_rp

If you are used to very masculine perfume like Polo or Kouros, this will surprise. MIP looks a little feminine scent, so say it is unisex. The beginning is aromatic, dark, full bodied (I do not feel citrus scent), with accentuated leather scent. The leather gives feeling of "rubbery". Shortly after, is less obscure and more floral. The lily and tea are very evident and at that time the perfume is more "feminine", but still very elegant. The projection is very good only so far. After about 3 hours, comes a tasty sweet (vanilla, tonka bean and others) and smoky scent close to the skin (only getting close to feel it). This is the best part for me because anyone who comes near praises me. In summary, the fragrance is elegant, with touches of feminine perfume. At first a bit strange, but now I'm using all time and well-praised! If you enjoy the line of Joop pour homme (floral), will not that surprising. But if you only use very masculine fragrance, maybe worth buying for a change.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Very smokey, sophisticated scent with great longevity. You can feel some elements of Bvlgari Black, but enriched with floral elements.
Midnight in Paris. but it smells like Manhattan during peak hours. Very good fragrance.
Ps. I've got EDP version.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Sampled today. Vice nice. It's a smooth opening Bvlgari Black, then as it drys down, it reminds me a lot of Givenchy Pi. I will buy this!!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I would like to second Bronstein's sentiments. It is sweet, but why does sweet mean "unisex". Not saying this isn't unisex but almost all fragrances are, it is nothing but marketing, most Niche houses have moved away from such wording as they have quickly found out, it LOWERS REVENUE. I wear women perfumes, I wear men perfumes. I love fragrances and won't let a marketing person dictate what I enjoy.

Now on to this. It is similar to Bvlgari Black (as I recently wore BB); however, this is more refined,and a better fragrance. The burnt rubber really isn't as prominent and the sweetness, leather and tea really come out on this. This is from two wearings however, I like it a lot. Sillage and Projection are pretty good.

PS: This is for the EDP

bronstein

Please stop the pointless discussion on whether this one is unisex or not! Even if it was, why would that be important? Apart from that, please read my comment below.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Everytime I smell "Midnight in Paris" I come to the conclusion that it would've been part of Etat Libre d'Orange's collection.

I've smelled both EDT and EDP and they are quite similar and last a long time on my skin. The citrus note on the EDT shines a little bit more, but the overall impression is the same.

I don't think it's similar to Bvlgari Black, which is another masterpiece. In my opinion, it follows the same road of Dior Homme and its Intense variaton.

Leather fragrances lovers shouldn't miss this one. It's a really nice combination of leather, almonds and vanilla notes.

ian85
ian85

In my opinion, that's what bulgari Black wanted to be and failed in! Leathery smoke and subtle vanilla for an addictive fragrance..
8 / 10

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Definitely could be unisex. It opens with spicy florals, dries down to leathery vanilla. I really like this but it will be hard for me to determine where to appropriately wear it. It could be a warm sweet date night fragrance but it seems like it will go best in the spring when all of the trees and flowers start to bloom and people start coming out of hibernation. It's a good fragrance and lasts a good long while on my skin.

Midnight in Paris, in my humble opinion, is quite an androgynous perfume. It is neither one gender nor the other. Oh what the hell, just share the bottle with your loved one. Problem solved!

This fragrance is truly unique and captivating. The scent is sweet and a little bit gourmand, sort of in the same style as Lolita Lempicka. Midnight in Paris is also a little powdery, particularly in the drydown.

I can see where the comparisons to Bvlgari Black come from, but I don't entirely agree that they're alike. This fragrance is definitely sweeter and less rubbery, and dare I say, less masculine.

At certain points in the composition, Midnight in Paris smells a tad medicinal, like the scent of powdered gloves and ointments. As strange as it may sound, I quite enjoy this odd little olfactory experience.

Tonka bean, benzoin, almond, vanilla and incense are the most dominant notes to my nose and feature strongly all the way through. Funnily enough, Midnight in Paris is reminding me of Guerlain's new Shalimar Parfum Initial, with all these foody accords.

Personally I think Midnight in Paris is an acquired taste. This fragrance was suggested to me as a purchase for my sweet scent loving boyfriend, but somehow this fragrance over-stepped the sweet-o-meter for him, verging into female territory, or so he said. Do test before you buy.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Mmmmmm! its sooo differen't just received it today in the mail, its smells beautiful && mysterious like ok my take...a lovestruck parisienne spy (this is where the leather comes in lol- yeah they'd be wearing leather gloves to me) wondering the streets of late night Paris bouquet - floral notes role, in hand searching out there secret love to leave the flowers on there doorstep...ah Wow, you know a fragrance is good when you can make up a story behind it!

I love it it is beautifully blended, you can really smell the leather note which is interesting with the floral undertones but as it drys down the leather goes away && you just get a nice floral scent, it has excellent longevity && projection. My mom really likes it to she sprayed it on her && said wow this smells like it could be uni-sex, I said yeah why not!

I'm deff. pleased I got this on a blind buy through amazon after reading these reviews && there's no dissapointment, it was cheap too...DEFF. TRY IT! :)

Nic-klein
Nic-klein

I just ordered this blind off of a site and I like it. At first it was very overwhelming and feminine but after 10 minutes it tones down and has a much more refined and sophisticated smell to it. Try it out before you buy it cause it is very different and I got lucky that it worked for me!

kris919
kris919

If you wore this with a blindfold, you wouldn't know whatsoever what gender it was really made for. The opening is soooo nice and amazing. There's citrus and rosemary and tea. It's my favorite part. Weirdly, it all but disappears on me after 15 minutes, then it comes back much differently. Vanilla, styrax/suede, light powder,tonka bean, almond. This part reminds me a little bit of Cuir de Lancome, it's soft and blended very well. There's a few different developments to this scent, it changes frequently in strengths as well. I find all the changes to be unsettling. More often than not, I would say that this likes to be weak more than strong, quiet over loud. There's not enough going on here to warrant buying a bottle. Who wants to inhale the hell out of their wrist just to get a hint of midnight in paris ( after only an hour no less!) ?? try a sample first.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I love the name and the bottle so when I saw it in the store, I had to smell it. It smells like licorice. It's very unisex. I could wear it to be honest, and share it with my boyfriend. It's nice.

deyutzu90
deyutzu90

the most beautiful fragrance for men!!!! it's just amazing

Estebanz
Estebanz

Just received my 4.2 bottled 2 days ago...this is simply beautiful a very seductive warming and inviting scent.longevity on my is 6 to 10 hrs on the edt.i currently own over 30 bottles of fine cologne including dior homme intense pure malt pure havane just 2 mention a few and this one has become my favorite over all my bottles,i even order a few samples of the edp from luckyscent cause i plane on getting the edp also.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

L'amoureux insisted that i try this one and so i did. Not a disaster but too sweet and SO dissapointingly not what i expected coming out of that fabulous bottle. Its a weird sweet mix that never tones down and balances out. Not a winner

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

Update: I sampled Bvigari Black since everyone said they smell alike and that Bvigari smelled so good.
I didn't find it as enticing as V.C&A:MIP. Van Cleef has much better quality and sillage and is more elaborated. I wouldn't wear the Bvigari. It was kinda pungent if you ask me.

Divine! Purchased it today, but have to wait until they ship it in (they were out of the large bottles). It's amazing. I've smelled it before like from a different house, but there's something more in this, something that just told the sales associate to order it asap because I need it desperately. I'm in love- it's in my top 10 maybe 5. 10/10

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Somewhere between armani code on top - middle notes and dior homme intense in base.
A powdery,rubbery,moderate sweet scent ,it's not "very sweet".
I was expecting more from it to be honest,it's good and appealing but the quality can be better for this price.
Also many reviews mentions that it's formal,i dont get that at all!
To me it can be worn casualy easily,and by anyone.
Last 8+ hours but it's close to the skin.
Good but different from what i read!
IMO Dior Homme Intense is much better!

onixx
onixx

Just bought this bottle blind and I must say I'm impressed. At the very opening, it reminds me alot of Dior Homme Intense except Midnight In Paris has a very distinct benzoin smell or waxy feel to it. The drydown doesn't keep the DHI similarities. It dries down very sweet yet subtle. For me the benzoin sticks with it the whole way through. All in all, I'm very happy with my blind buy and I look forward to wearing this.

jtis30
jtis30

Smells a bit too nauseatingly synthetic to me. Along the lines of Givenchy Pi and a less fruity/flower Joop but not as bad as either , but also nothing special from MY skin to my nose. Good luck if you blind buy - regretfully I did.

Senzadite
Senzadite

I got to smell the EDT...is pointless, common and done before; the bottle is a masterpiece but the juice inside doesn´t fit such work of art. A shame.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Without reading this page before, it reminded me “Dior Homme Intense” and it remained all through the night!
Sweet and warm like a midnight in Hawaii!!

بوی گرم و شیرین این عطر بسیار شبیه "دیور اُم اینتنس" هست و برای کسانی که در مورد عطرهای شیرین سختگیری خاصی دارن، یک انتخاب ظریف و خوب به حساب میاد
دوام و پخش بو، در حد متوسط

bronstein

How come that every time a sweet smelling male fragrance enters the market, people cry out "it's unisex! it's unisex!"? This is a misunderstanding. Sweet smelling fragrances are perfectly manly if done in the right way. Open your senses, get rid of your prejudices!

We have entered a state of progress in European societies where a man is not automatically labelled gay just because he's using perfume. The day will come when guys are able to apply sweet fragreances without having to discuss whether that's androgynous or not. Until then, it still will take courage sometimes for a man to appreciate beauty and style.

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

My god, i can't believe this perfume is for men??, i tested this in the womens section, this is incredible, i loved this, im a girl, this smells amazing on my skin. Deep, oriental, misterious, georgeous. I've never smelled something like this. Today i discovered Van Cleef Arpels fragrances, i liked Feerie, but i loved Midnight in Paris, actually i was driven by the name, it is the same as the new movie from Woody Allen, i find it to be very entertaining, and was intrigued to know the smell of a Midnight in Paris.
Well im considering using this in fall, winter, a beautiful scent, and i think this can be weared by women also.

Sunny Sol
Sunny Sol

Im a barber. so is this one ok for wearing when dealing with people all day every day up close?....i dont want to trigger anyones sinus...

Scentrist
Scentrist

Well, it's no Zanzibar, that much is certain.

It begins with a nice richness for me, usually attributable to the leather and very mild green notes, but it becomes a bit disappointing when it drops away from that and never really develops beyond almond and Tonka Bean, which I smell throughout. The incense is very minimalist, especially when compared to what I'll normally wear. It's warm, gentle, very subtle, and wears for several hours before finally fading completely. There really is no heart notes that stand out to transition it into the Tonka/Almond/Incense base.

I agree with some comparison to Dzing except that Dzing has more personality about it than VC&A Midnight, and the notes are some more pronounced and not as linear. For me, this is nice albeit very linear. Nice in that it won't offend those around you; nice in that it is so understated; nice in that it's actually very unisex along the lines of Bond's No 9 New York For All. People have been recommending it, and while nice, it's more a fragrance that would end up on a shelf virtually ignored. Good for a holiday gift.

Again, nice. But no "wow factor", nothing particularly drawing me in, nothing more than an all-too-subtle background. Nothing special.

bluefirefox
bluefirefox

Very awesome fragrance that has no end to its wonder. I didnt really get the uni sex part of the cologne I could only smell the wonderful tonka beans, leather and incense working together to make a masculine scent. It really is one of my favorite colognes and definitely worth the purchase. I got the 4.2 oz bottle without smelling it beforehand and it was so worth it.

highdef
highdef

close,intimate occassion scent for the romantic in one.

Its powdery, bvlgari black has much more of a rubber tire smell, this has like a fresh powdery floral leather smell

more powdery than sweet, it lasts long as well. I have the 125ml edp. Projection is good enough for intimate occasions.

This is better than bvlgari black IMO, more wearable for me.

tuky
tuky

Just another gourmand fragrance and not so unique.
It is very feminine !!!
by the way...eg: A*men even it is sweeter but more masculine.
Might be just my nose, but is smells quite cheap...

tuscany
tuscany

I just revieved my bottle today in the post,this fragrance whorps you back into Paris,sitting at a small Parisian cafe,outside in the cold,the smell of fire chimnies..
This guy's is an amazing fragrance,do yourself a favour.go get a bottle,you wont be sorry..

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

One of my fav perfumes,its special an outstanding smell really awesome,longlasting and really classy,strongly recomended

beedo

It fits all ages from teens to old people but you have to wearing a Shirt or a Suit at least.
Longevity:9.5/10 10-12 hours
Projection:7/10
Smell:9.5/10
Uniqueness:9/10
Complexity:9.5/10
Overall:9.25/10
IMO,Really worth buying instead of the niches

beedo

This is one of the best drydowns I have ever smelled.
It gets a little bit more intense when it dries, I love it so much
amazing bottle design . Fresh opening .... sweet tea and almonds and leather in mid notes .... tonka bean and a hint of incense in base notes.

It has a nice sweet black tea smell mixed with leather and vanilla .

*EDP review*

When I os-magine what midnight in the city of Paris smells like, I imagine warm breezes off of the Seine, late night coffee house aromas wafting through the air...and the scent of LOVE floating over a city filled with lights and life, under a clear and starry night sky. VC&A has (in my opinion) captured this feeling perfectly with Midnight in Paris!

Having already heard THIS is the "new" BLACK, I was almost afraid to sniff it (loving the original so); but when I finally got to do so, I can honestly say it "did" something to me! This begins with a wondrous (not your usual) refined citrus flair, with bergamot and lemon balancing each other perfectly and neither overpowering the other. The addition of rosemary is subtle, but adds an almost sensual herbal beauty to it. Holly (which I always thought smelled rather bitter) gives it a well-rounded ambience. The most amazing thing with this scent is the presence of a soft very buttery type of leather early on. This is NOT the sharp and smoky scent of new leather; but more like your favorite, very worn (and broken-in just right) leather jacket. Paris is an old city and, at one time, was the largest city in the world. She holds wonders of art, architecture and many mysteries; the inclusion of styrax hints at the centuries old and magnificent history of Paris. As the heart notes become apparent, the scent of tea (refreshing and brisk) begin to dominate but the addition of muguet, along with the ancient woody feel, is "to die for". The top notes fade, but never quite disappear. The drydown is where this gets so very sensual and sexy like when you meet someone, gaze into their eyes and overcome by the magic of the City of Love, end up back at your hotel...! Incense and benzoin's warmth add a smoky and "hot" deliciousness. Tonka beans and almonds come to this soiree to add a very savory sweetness, with an almost "guilty" pleasure. I have never actually been to Paris (at any time of the day) but THIS is a perfume I find worthy of its name. It is beautiful, it is sexy and it is extremely well-blended and constructed. For an EDP, this lasts quite a long time (I applied it yesterday afternoon, and could still smell it on going to bed nearly twelve hours later) and its development is not all that complex, but it does change here and there in wonderful ways. Elegant, ever-so-slightly mysterious and very very intriguing MIDNIGHT IN PARIS is a must have for me.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

Before receiving this (it was actually a "mystery" sample in a swap with another perfume reviewer) I had smelled only First (in the EDT) and Tsar from VC&A. Midnight in Paris is created the same way; but utterly more modern, without compromising any on the quality of the ingredients or their concentration. It's refreshing to find something so new, that smells SO very good. The "new" BLACK? I don't know about all that! What I do know is: I am scouring the web, looking for my own FB of this magnificent juice!! Not black or noir or even all that dark: MIP is more of the magic AT midnight and the star speckled flacon and its colors foretell well of the lovely aroma inside. I have NOT yet smelled the EDT, but after sniffing (and wearing) the EDP; I am already spoiled!!

diorshowman
diorshowman

This is a nice scent. The top of this smells like Bvlgari Black and the drydown smells like Thierry Mugler Pure Malt...

Longevity:B
Projection:B
Uniqueness:B-
Versatility:B
OVERALL: B

Douche Meter: 3/5*

*check out my profile to see what the douche meter is.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

@ xXxOZZYxXx I tried the edt, dont know about the EDP but if I ever had to choose I would choose Dior Homme Intense any day, VC&A Midnight is sweeter in the opening notes and alittle calmer while Dior homme Intense is darker, richer and more masculine, the vanilla and Iris combo are just PERFECT...and longevitywise I´m yet to try any that takes on Dior, anyway thats your call, maybe its just the Dior fan in me who sees it that way.

theconnection
theconnection

The EDP Version like many EDPs is vastly superior to the EDT which feels positively empty in comparison.

The EDP unfortunately isn't officially available in Australia which makes it even more desirable due to it being next to impossible to find in-store.

It reminds me of a much smoother & expertly sculpted version of Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.

Despite all my years in the fragrance industry: Midnight in Paris is in my top 10 of favorite mens scents ever made.

Heverton
Heverton

The EDP version has a very powdery smell into it, making this a unisex fragrance, in my opinion.

Here, in the opening, we have a semi sweet chord mixed with some floral notes that through time gets me in a very lightly leather tone, dominated by a creamy note, probably tonka bean. The fragrance is fine but not my taste...

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I really like this men´s fragrance, it smells very romantic with good lasting power plus the bottle is beautiful, a must have!

I had to buy it for my boyfriend for Christmas, he smells delicious!:)

suile
suile

Just bought this one for SO's birthday and he is wearing it now and when I walk into his office, there is a beautiful atmospheric smell of a very upmarket library, containing some luscious floral arrangements, possibly situated near a chapel, i.e. leather, floral and faint incense notes, all delicately blended. A fragrance for men that is very different from so much on the market at present and one that manages to be both modern and classic at the same time.

leecher88
leecher88

today i have test it and must confess its absolutely romantic elegant perfect for a date or a romantic night or evening with a glass wine or champagne

i love it something like YSL la nuit or zegna forte but got much more elegance !!!

I will definetely buy it

similar fragrances are :
D&G pour homme
YSL la nuit
Zegna forte
Givenchy play
dior homme intense

but Midnight in Paris is really elegant you should`nt wear a t-shirt if you try this

Pullover, jacket blazer or button casual shirt is perfect !!!

K1
K1

This kind of perfumes are not on my taste.
It's OK, many people may like or love it. It's beautiful but just this; nothing more. No characteristic, no dominant treat even... Just a perfume, a pleasant smell.
Long lasting and also good projection.

Eleiria
Eleiria

This could very well pass as a women's fragrance, it's so soft. When you say "Midnight" in Paris, a much stronger image springs to mind yet the perfume is nothing like that, it's a very romantic midnight apparently :)

The perfume starts off very very nice with fruits but ten minutes later it's gone. Fragrance is literally lost for at least a quarter, then comes back very powdery. Powder all over. Then the beautiful incense note comes around perfectly blended with almonds, and I can't stop smelling it. So beautiful. Not very masculine. Lasting power is medium, been on my arm for 4 hours and is fading away.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is a total mystery scent for me (in a good way). As many said, it is not as complex as you seen in the list, but in between the notes, there are some hidden scents that make you wonder, what is that?

A definite mature and warmth scent, perfect for a special dinner or winter time, not a casual or daily scent and surely not for teen or youth, definite for mature men 30's and above.

It start with leathery fresh scent (not citrus nor aquatic, but a smells like fresh plastic scent to me), don't get it wrong, it is very nice and pleasant. Minutes later, the second note emerged and I can smell the tea and some hint of floral scent - very nice and very sophisticated - it makes me feel great for the day. After about 2-3 hours, before the last note appears , there is a light to strong incense scent, kind of nice smoky scent that really bring the warmth of the based notes. The last notes is light warm tonka beans scent with hints of amber (I can't detect any almond scent). It last a decent 6-7 hours on me, superb high quality juice for an EDT version, I think the EDP can last even longer and worth your money.

Since this is a Haute Perfume from the famous jewelry house, One will expect more and you got it right! The bottle design is one of the best I've ever seen, simple but luxury with printed stars of galaxies behind the oval shape, dark blue bottle (The bottle start to change color to amber yellowish when you turn it at different angles, brilliant!) - truly the devils is in the details. One would love to hold it and can't stop checking at it (from different angles), you have to give it a hold, and only that you will get the feel of it.

Overall, this is one of the best EDT for mature gentlemen I've encountered. The scents is Mysterious, Warmth and Intense. Bottle design is Simple, Elegance and Luxury. It deserved a 9/10 from me! Highly recommended!

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

I just love it, it stays extremely long on my skin and it is such a suprising deep and warm scent. Price Quality Five Stars! I only wear EDP's when it exists in edp.

Pleasant but absolutely anonimous. Well crafted but with no personality. Beautiful but not interesting. Sounds good?

Rating: 6-6.5/10

bronstein

A nice thing to wear, reminds me abbit of Penhaligon`s Endymion. What I mentioned in my respective review also applies here: "Perfect for guys who sometimes envy the girls who can choose within a wide range of sweet and warm scents." I think I'm going to love both.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

A friend gave this perfume as a gift to me (he bought it in Panama airport) and all I have to say this perfume is purely heaven, the bottle is fantastic, very good longevity, etc, etc, etc. Pure delight...

Midnight in Paris isn't as complicated as it seems even with these many listed notes. To me, all I really smell is just a smokey powdery smell of leather at first; very much like Bvlgari Black. Then it becomes incensey with a sweet almond-like and a bite of amber-like benzoin ending. It is a bit strong but it's way smoother than Bvlgari Black, especially its transition from the beginning to the end. Furthermore, the bottle is more beautiful comparing to the hockey pluck-like of Bvlgari Black. Anyway, This is still a must try for those who like this kind of smokey rubber scent.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is simply beautiful. It is warm and refined with some florals and spice in the heart giving way to a leathery vanilla much in the vain of Dior Homme Intense. I have the EDP version and this lasts for a longtime ( though in quite tones). I ws so desperate to get this after trying it out in Harrods that i took a risk and ordered it online from Bulgaria. The bottle is simply stunning in the flesh and in certain lights gives the real impression of dusk rather than the astrological look it has in the photos.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am currently on the hunt for new and interesting scents for my beloved Mr Catbiscuit to keep the romance alive while we valiantly try for our first child.

Sadly though, when my oestrogen levels are high, this scent makes me gag with nausea. Thick dewy leather coated in sweet candylike resins. It is just too ... damp (?) and doesn't suit his skin at all.

I do blame him entirely though because on my skin it smells quite balanced, very sweet lavender and unobtrusive leathery tea. Its obviously just not something my olfactory nerves find acceptable in a mating partner.

Back to the drawing board.

hay81hay
hay81hay

i test the EDT ver. , i am totally in love with , the opining is so warm , oriental , candy smell , leather , its mystery .

the only disappointing thing is longevity , i expect more than 7 hour , but its like 4-5 hour, so i think its good decision to go for EDP ver., unfortunately here in Malaysia they only sell EDT, so i think i will wait a while if i don't get the opportunity to buy the EDP, i will go for the EDT

masterpiece specially the bottle .

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

Midnight in Paris smells fantastic, almost out of this world on paper. Fresh, warm, rich, incredible!

But once I tested it on my skin the leather note became very dominant after about 20 minutes, a bit of a dissonant in the lovely composition in my opinion. It's a pitty, because I really want to LOVE this perfume, but now all that's left for me to do is like it...

3.5 out of 5 for me.

Romnel
Romnel

Primero pensé que no era bueno. Lo utilicé en una fiesta y a todos les encantó.

La nota cítrica huele bien. Es un perfume elegante.

guest_Farousha
guest_Farousha

Sorry, Guys! Although there are myriad scents in commerce for Les Girls, I am appropriating this one for myself! Love at first spritz at N-M, after sampling, without any particular scent catching my imagination/desire, a catalogue of Tom Ford's apothecarian line. This one is The Real Deal if you like a subtle, gently lingering and quietly transformative fragrance. Like a kimono of silk patterned with flowers, this fragrance at first envelopes you in soft sweetness. Gradually, the scent develops, and you find you are quite comfortable wearing this kimono everywhere! I have no qualms about wearing this fragrance at work, as it is a fragrance that does not announce itself, but it never fails to elicit compliments from someone close enough to hug! The bottle is a gorgeous addition to my nightstand, and I can't resist an extra "spritz" before dropping off to sleep.

guest_Yury
guest_Yury

I've already have this one.

So.... amazing perfume. Sweet flavor (not strong, but not soft). And amazing and long-living background flavor.

Just try them

antonpan
antonpan

Really, REALLY great fragrance, done in the best traditions of master Olivier Polge. It starts sweet and powdery, but fresh at the same time. After couple of minutes notes of tanka beans and woods start to work and scent becomes something in the middle of Dior Homme Intense and S. T. Dupont Pour Homme Intense. It is not irisy as DHI and fresher than Dior's fragrance, but has the same strong sweetness and belongs to the same type of scents. Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris is a good development of Mr. Polge's signature and deserves

5 out of 5.

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels 4.27 out of 5 based on 1111 ratings and 213 user reviews

MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ TESTER
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ TESTER
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Midnight In Paris Cologne by Van Cleef Arpels, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4.2 OZ
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Gift Set 4.2oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Gift Set 4.2oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Van Cleef Arpels Midnight In Paris Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Midnight In Paris Cologne by Van Cleef Arpels, 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.