Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women
dislike

tuberose
Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Murmure Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Murmure is as delicate as a gentle whisper (murmure means whisper in French). It is as gorgeous and elegant as a fresh bouquet of white flowers and is dedicated to a young, gracious woman who likes classic, but fresh floral fragrances. The center of the composition contains Sambak jasmine and white flowers, with a fresh opening and a classic woody base.

The top notes include mandarin, freesia and white roses. The middle notes incorporate Sambac jasmine, orange blossom, wild violet, tuberose and lily. The base carries vanilla, palisander and cedar.

The perfume was created by Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas in 2002.

Mandarin Orange Freesia White Rose

Tuberose Orange Blossom Lily Jasmine Cinnamon

Vanilla Cedar Brazilian Rosewood

Arome Arthes

Murmure Fragrance Reviews

Museumgal
Museumgal

Spicy sweet white florals, quite strong but not overwhelming. There's something almost aldehyde like about the opening that buoys the opening notes up. The white florals are sweet, a little freshness from the orange blossom, then a warm woody dry down. Lasts well. Classic white floral scent with some warm spices.

White flower power here (definitely not a whisper!) in another collaboration between Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas, this one from 2002. Murmure offers a big blast of white jasmine in the opening and seems somewhat soapy--even evoking memories of Ineke Poet's Jasmine (always a good thing!). However, this jasmine is less soapy and more woody. The underlying base actually smells more like dried grass than wood to me, but the important point is that it is not all sweet--despite the cinnamon and vanilla indicated in the note pyramid for this composition. I definitely do not consider this in any sense a fruity-floral fragrance but a straight-up floral perfume. Of course, it was created long before the wave of abstract fruity-florals now flooding the market.

I found a 100 ml bottle of this perfume while moving, and am glad to have done so. I sprayed some on while attempting to arrange my storage space (filled mostly with books and, ahem, perfume...), and was very happy that after however many years this bottle was hidden away in the back of my closet it still smells quite nice. Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas (along with Thierry Wasser) also collaborated on Calvin Klein Truth, which was launched a couple of years earlier, in 2000, and I very much enjoyed the original version of that perfume as well. Truth also had an appealing clean aspect to it, but was entirely different from this creation. (I have not tried the reformulation of Truth, hence the past tense.)

Is Murmure still in production? I have not seen it around, and some of the negative reviews suggest that it did not do well on the market, but I'll be wearing the contents of my bottle, which by the way is quite sleek!

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Wonderful fruity floral scent warmed with sweet vanilla... I can detect some woody ingredients, which transform Murmur into not-so typical floral scent. Woody ingredients actually add some elegance to this perfume... it's chic and somehow rich warm fragrance.
To me, this is more spring and fall scent.
It's safe, easy to wear to office or any-kind of daily use. I would say, it's kind of daily signature scent,
To be honest, I couldn't find anything boring or syntetic here. I would replace "boring" with "nothing wow but elegant floral". Depends on your taste. The longevity is quite good, but after two-three hours stays more to the skin.

I like it and I regret it's discontinued. I would be happy to buy another bottle!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is anything but gentle and delicate. On me, this is a blast of synthetic white florals, vanilla extract and sticky cinnamon.

When applied carefully - and by carefully I mean a light spray on one wrist only, it's not too overpowering and won't choke those around you...but it's still very, very what I call "in your face" (which goes against the description here).

I don't hate Murmure by any means, but the first hour or so is so sharp that it's not enjoyable for me (and I usually LOVE my strong perfumes). Once it's dried down, it's quite lovely as well as sophisticated...perfect for Spring. Longevity seems to be so-so on me, 3 hours give or take. This is my first Van Cleef & Arpels fragrance, and I can't say I'm blown away or dying to rush out to try their other scents.

I like Murmure after it's dried down - but it's definitely not a love or hate thing with me. Who knows, maybe it'll charm me the more I wear it. Will update if it does.

Update 18/9/13: Unfortunately I am not having any luck with this, even when it's had time to dry down. The more I've tried it, the more the stickiness and synthetic notes bother me...and it stays as strong and screechy from start to finish now that the weather is warmer. Not a fan and not able to wear. Not a good introduction to this brand for me, hope that I'll be charmed by other scents from this house in the future.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Bright, white and almost painful (if you don't like a white floral that is!) The jasmine sings in this fragrance and I particularly love this during frosty weather, where it seems to work very well with the icy "bite" of the cold. The base has some woodiness to it which keeps it grounded and stops it flying away to much. Lovely. This review is for the pure parfum.

drummagick
drummagick

I love the opening of this, the mandarine and freesia. Then it becomes a nice, light floral. After about 5 minutes though, I smell something that's almost medicinal and pretty synthetic. Maybe it's a hint of cinnamon in the background, I can't really tell. 10 minutes into and it's turning a little soapy on me. It's still light, but has some notes I don't care for. I will wait it out and see what the drydown is like.

eta hours later: forgot I had this stuff on! The drydown is very nice, very well balanced. I get a hint of floral, a light musk. All in all this is a very light perfume, suitable for just about anything.

Very beautiful light floral fragrance!

A tender floral bouquet with the leading jasmine note (that also reminds a lot a syringa scent) sweetened by the honey blossom dust of lily and tuberose.

This fragrance smells very natural. I only wish the musk note was less overpowering because the base is musky enough and spoils the floral beauty of this wonderful floral fragrance.

This fragrance is my favorite jasmine/syringa fragrance. It's gorgeous! Also I like the design of its bottle and package.

Very grown-up. Very female. Lots of dry, deep, no-sweet flowernotes mixed with woodsy notes. Just wow too me!! This is for a female supertiger on a hunt daytime. Gorgeous!! I think this one is for women over 35.

Väldigt vuxen, väldigt kvinnlig. Mycket djupa, osöta, torra blommiga noter som är bra mixade med olika träslag. Helt enkelt fantastisk! Doften för en superpuma på jakt dagtid. Gudomlig!! För kvinnan/karriärskvinnan över 35 pga saknaden av moderna sötsliskiga doftnoter.

Endymion
Endymion

Absolutely gorgeous bottle! 1 of the best design I've ever saw.
What a shame it's discontinued for the bottle too!
I would buy it only for this bottle :)

Lumiere
Lumiere

For me it has one of the most beautiful projections-it is elevated, full and lush, it has quite strong sealage and it one moment stays close to skin and next it wiffs a cloud of white flowers scent. It is no doubt sexy-I had so many compliments on it, however it is sophisticated and confident-if a bit distant. It does not say:come here. It says:I am in harmony with myself. Using my 3rd bottle and hoping it will not be discontinued. It's not vulgar, not stinky, its heavenly. It may be just my body chemistry that marries this gem so well.
I have not much more to say-even i wrote big reviews for some other fragrances.
But this one is the one i would keep if I had to choose just one from my collection. Full stop.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

very beautiful. yes, its floral, but unique, long lasting, nice projection. one of my favorites.

aray
aray

After about 5 minutes, this turns into an absolute nightmare on my skin. It doesn't happen very often that I feel compelled to wash off a scent but this is certainly one of them.

What happens is something resembling an old, cold ash tray - know what I mean? Terrible. I'm not sure exactly what could be causing this but I will have to investigate, because I truly think this scent has a ton of potential, despite it being more of a bark than a whisper ;)

Seriously wondering what ingredient here could be causing this cold, stale smoke nuance on my skin :(

twillocks
twillocks

I really like it, different, unique. Interesting and has mystery to it.

Okay, update - the more I wear this the more I LOVE IT!!!

this is very subdued. lovely light floral. the jasmine is my favorite note in this as it surrounds the other floral notes seductively. the lasting power is very good. very demure, but yet, you and others will know its there.

8 out of 10

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this is all about the jasmine and orange blossom, very light, a summer breath at dawn when the dew is still fresh. a lovely, light white floral.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

One of the worst frags I ever smell,it`s not for me,too much jasmine there.First time I spray it on me I feel terrible and this gave me very bad head ache.

Bebe70
Bebe70

I like it! It' so light and cheerful like the joy of life!

guest_nossy
guest_nossy

Yes definetely jasmin is everywhere, i agree with Basia anda minimalist. I have an EDT one and one spray only can make me smell like after jumped into a jasmin pool or something, very annoying. But the dry down quite okay but takes about an hour or more.In my opinion it is more suitable for woman in their 30th or 40th. Um 30 but i don't think it's suit for me, too heavy.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I'm not fond of Van Cleef and Aprels. They are usually too sharp for me, but this one is pretty. I feel a strong jasmine tea note there but no tea is mentioned.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This performs like a typical floral on my skin-sharp, sharp, sharp.

More of a "PSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!" than a whisper, but it softens and becomes much more pleasant and feminine.It smells both too innocent and pedestrian for me-but on somebody who it suits better, it might create a lovely aura....

Berith
Berith

I alsof like First of Van Cleef & Arpels, but it's more classic. As from the moment I smelled Murmure I love it especially in summer. Fresh at first, classic in the middel and a comfortable hart. I only wear it in the summer, but a very suitable fragrance for every refined, sporty and romantic women.

Basia
Basia

I think it's a bit too flowery and one-dimentional. It did not develop on me and while wearing it I felt like I was in a flower shop.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A perfect spring-summer jasmine scent - very elegant and feminine indeed, though not very complex. The lasting power is excellent and the bottle is adorable!

barbiot35
barbiot35

I try first time a VCA fragrance...I've received my pack from post today and wouwww! Such a thing can't be! It smells just like a young and minimalist woman could smell...First it's very intense jasmin'y and a li'l bit lily, after half an hour jasmin is getting down and lilly's intensity rises like a teeter totter!...
If Alien is one of the best of jasmin scents for Winter, this is its summer-spring analogue...

krisiva
krisiva

I agree with the previous reviewers saying that its basically a smell of jasmine, but with some hints of lily and freesia. The overall composition is sophisticated and original, perfect for spring time. Strange, I like everything in its notes, and the overall composition as well, but it appears to be one of those difficult to wear scents that I love but use very rarely.

Anji78
Anji78

To me this one is a very sharp floral scent... I distinctively smell the jasmine.

minimalist
minimalist

It smells like jasmin with jasmin surrounded by jasmin

totoromei
totoromei

One of my favourite collection. From the structure , the smell, and the design of the bottle. It is beautiful,sexy and elegant.

golden
golden

I love this perfume. i also love first and van cleef.
I tried this on in a department store once and i could not stop smelling my wrist. just so soft and yet sexy the same time???

esprit2fly
esprit2fly

Very nice and seductive fragrance. I am a Van Cleef&Arpels fan.

Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels 3.37 out of 5 based on 141 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.