Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Reve Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Reve Van Cleef & Arpels for women
dislike

Reve Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Reve Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Van Cleef & Arpels is launching Reve, a new fragrance for women, in May 2013. Reve combines notes of fruits and white flowers that give almost oriental character. The scent is lively and multifaceted as it is a world of dreams that it represents.

Top notes include pear and neroli, while the floral heart intertwines osmanthus, peony and lily. The base notes are sandalwood and amber.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Reve was created by Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann, Nathalie Feisthauer, Evelyne Boulanger, David Apel, Uwe Schaar and Fanny Grau.

Pear Neroli

Osmanthus Lily Peony

Sandalwood Amber

Reve Fragrance Reviews

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

At drydown very strong amber and sandal, too sweet. :(

Bihter
Bihter

Nice fruity summer scent. Reminds me of Gucci Envy me.

Intense floral scent, mostly lily. Nice, but you have to love strong floral bouquets to be able to love it.

Juliana6
Juliana6

Like a dream -it's there, it's not there, it's there again but showing another side of it. It's playing and therefore attracting.
Light, but long lasting (on me) , not unique, but beautiful because of its pureness, simplicity and feminine vibe. Sometimes you just don't want anything more, but a fresh and easily wearable scent.
I agree to those who have compared it to Feerie- yes, this comes from the same shelf, but this is more fruity than Feerie (Feerie is more green, woody). The neroli and osmanthus notes are wonderful here, they are well balanced by the pear (juicy, "filled" with sun). Instead of the listed lily I get the lily-of-the-valley and some light green tea. The drydown is sensual and warm like a mild, warm summer evening after a hot and sunny day.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Such a wonderful, softly sweet, sparkling floral. I adore the hint of pear, but I wouldn't call it candied. It's freshly cut pear and it's just sweet enough to leave you feeling so very youthful and pretty while definitely staying on the mature, classy side of sweet.

Longevity is nice, 8+ hrs.
Projection is good too, especially when sprayed on my clothes and in my hair. It lasts over 24 hrs. in my hair.

I have to thank Lily2911 for this beauty. It's going in my top 5.

JessYang
JessYang

I believe parfums are all unique and different as the individuals who wear them. Because we all have our own body scent, each parfum is going to smell differently on us. When I smelled the sample it was not appealing to me. However, as it was sprayed on my body, the scent changed. It worked really well with my body's natural scent. I love it and I've had numerous compliments on it :) it is a lighter scented parfum which is what I generally prefer.

Fresh and bright, but it's not that kind of freshness I like. It's white floral freshness. I sense a lot of peony in it.
The scent is floral and clean, no sweetness at all. I think it's suitable for office work or school. Nothing offensive, but a little boring.

dorothea333
dorothea333

It reminds me a bit of Feerie with a hint of pepper( i know, pepper is not listed in the notes). But it turns into 'peach' after a while. Pleasant scent.

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Pear + lily = peach? The bottle looks quite peachy as well. Grown up fruity-floral. Not bad, not bad at all!

Jenny-Rebecca
Jenny-Rebecca

I noticed many mixed reviews on this one...keep in mind a scent that may only smell mediocre on one person can smell completely different on another due to our own unique body chemistry interacting with the notes. I find that a fruity floral can make a big statement on my skin(which is very oily) whereas it may only leave little scent on another.

Teresa1019
Teresa1019

had it on my wrist yesterday all day long. though no hard feeling or major chemistry saying i want it!

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

tried this perfume today, it has some similarities to gucci permiere. GP to me is a little harsh on the noise and gave me a headache. Reve on the other hand is very subtle and sensual. will be getting a bottle today.

Soutty123
Soutty123

Mmm,this is a really just got out of the shower fragrance. Lovely for spring days. Will buy when the weather warms up.

Hi Joan100,

The rose you smell is the peony. So,your nose is right!

Peony is the first ingredient I smell very clear. To me it's not a very special parfum. Good for office or casual daytime. Maybe it smells better in spring/summer ( it's almost winter here ) ... Not longlasting at all on my skin.

joan100
joan100

I can obviously pick up a strong rose smell throughout even though its not listed on the notes/ingredients. Its amazing how much additional ingredients I can smell in many perfumes that dont even have them in it. Maybe its just my sense of smell. Its a pleasant not your typical fruity/floral fragrance nonetheless. Reminds me a bit of Feerie EDP from the same brand. Good for daily wear.

3ood
3ood

Very light fragrance, suitable for after a shower .if you are looking for an impressive or memorable perfume this is not it . Not what you'd expect from Van Cleef.

trucalling
trucalling

I tried it on my skin a couple of times and although could not remember the scent like I do remember most fragrances (perhaps this one is not so distinctive) I really loved it! Don't like too sweet perfumes and this one was just right, a light one. I would say it is a great feminine scent for any woman of any age, depends more on style and personality rather than age.

strictus
strictus

Got a sample today... the card said something about juicy pear. Well it's pear all right, too ripe, too sweet almost nauseating, so strong that you almost forget about the white flowers behind.
What should be fresh and clean becomes a dessert syrup. Too bad !

tijgetje

I bought a bottle today after testing it. I loved it but... on the way home something nasty came up. Don't know witch note it is but I somehow don't like it that much anymore :-( .... so a pitty! However I opened the box and will use the parfume.

outofocus
outofocus

I ve tried it today, its a frag for young girls, early twenties at most, sweet, soft... Not really interesting for the rest of us, hard dolls...

lilou
lilou

Nice and lovely but nothing new. Pear and white flowers are very present, so this perfume is very delicate. To me it´s not juicy enough and it seems something is missing.
Better for delicate, discreet women. (The bottle is really beautiful)

suhaesa
suhaesa

a beautiful ..sensual..live..perfume..i simply love it..its so fresh yet sophisticated..its fine and dainty yet strong and confident..reve is that kind of perfume that you can just spray on and go ..go anywhere.. and you will feel relaxed.. confident.. and get many compliments ..of you smelling nice.. not the perfume taking over your natural beauty ..its those kinds of perfumes ..that enhance your natural beauty.. and cent.. its a softish skin scent.. that is actually smelled from far.. yet not impulsive.. or repulsive or in your face ..its almost velvety.. dreamy.. floraly.. dry.. sweetish.. whitish.. muskish ..truly amazing in every way..
it smells serene.. delicious.. full.. mellow ..tantalizing..energising ..all in one..its dreamy in an awakened state of being..its the kind of perfume you dont have to worry about.. and think of how it will project or over whelm.. ..its an easy perfume to wear.. day or night.. summer or autumn.. and even winter..its clean.. clean.. clean.. in a seductive.. feminine.. soft ..pure.. way yet full of heart.. and mind ..full of lusciousness and hope..
its a perfume made to make you go about your day confident.. and happy.. and everyone will compliment you on your smell..your smell ..not the perfume you are wearing.. there is the difference between reve and other perfumy perfumes ..that people ask you.. oh what perfume are you wearing?..in reeve they will just say oh you smell divine..so its a really personal perfume..that has a story a heart and a soul.. its the nice next door neighbour..its the perfect spring.. summer perfume.. alive.. fresh..french.. clean.. happy yet sensual and very feminine..i am not a big floral fan but when i used it i fell in love with all its luscious white and other florals.. that make it sing.. ..as if you get whiff of each note with a flower handed to you with a kiss..thats how i feel about reve..simply a pleasurable perfume.. to wear.. more of a morning to evening and afternoon scent.. but can go all night and even in to your sleep and sweet dreams...

sky74
sky74

Lovely, lovely, lovely perfume. It is wondefull and I get plenty of compliments. I dont understand how people are saying this scent is common, after being massively attacked by overly sweet fruity or candylike perfumes these last few years (can't stand it, YUCK!).
This smells exquisite. For me it is perfect.

P.S
I see some people comparing it to Gucci Premiere. Doesn't bear a remote similarity. Beside the fact that the two JUST DON'T SMELL ALIKE: The Gucci is boring as hell, just an "ordinary office scent" , not exciting what so ever, with an annoying "perfumy" drydown. Reve on the other hand ( literaly) is so unique, Complex, with lots of faces. I don't understand how people with such educated noses ( much more then mine) such as the people here in fragrantica call it "Ordinary office scent", and don't see the multifaceness of this wonderfull scent.

Red Rose
Red Rose

Tried this in early June & I thout it's fruity but you guys said it's more floral. I need to test this one again.

Migalex
Migalex

I thought orange blossom was at the heart because it opens quite fruity while Orange blossom seems to open later. I do not find it anything special, quite a mediocre fruity floral not even particularly pleasant from my viewpoint. Also, I find it too weak. Van cleef and Arpels' fragrances seem to be quite disappointing these days, bearing in mind their older fragrances. I really like Van Cleef for women, First and Gem, now out of production, and even Murmure and Birmane were from my viewpoint great scents. This downwards path when it comes to fragrances seems to be common to other designer brands as well, these days.

silviaci
silviaci

Nice fragrance, I get a lot of white flowers. But it doesn't really stand out and I smell too much synthetic note for my tastes.

mudrova
mudrova

I loved this perfume, very tender and sophisticated

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

nothing new and unexpectable at all... Reve is a nice ordinary office scent with fruity begining, gentle floral heart and universal base

antonpan
antonpan

Reve is frankly speaking nice fruity white floral, though too ordinary for such mighty brand as Van Cleef & Arpels. The bigger problem is that Reve smells like a warmer copy of last year's Gucci Premiere: the same mix of white flowers, fruits and a little amount of woody notes. Premiere hasn't become really popular, that's why I'm anxious about the future of the Reve and of the whole Van Cleef & Arpels perfumes subdivision.

The bottle in real life is nothing spectacular.

Reve means dream in French, and not only is the bottle beautiful, including the pink/peach color, so is the fragrance!!! It starts off fresh, brightly fresh, then gets softly floral quite fast,with green undertones, but the progression is smooth , creamy, hence the name Reve, this is a watercolour scent of notes, all feminine, velvety, I get mostly the lily, osmsnthus in the background, the sandalwood isn't very present, so I cant say I detect woodsy undertones yet
I just received it from France, my first impression is how lovely!!! The scent is opening up so nicely, balmy, a tad powdery, it is stylish., classyyet romantic and soft . It isn't unforgettable for sure, it isn't either a smoldering sexy complex scent, but it is pretty , easy to wear, overall nice..

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I love most VC&A perfumes! I wanna try this one for sure!!

kl99
kl99

the bottle is Valentino Vendetta Uomo. as such that.
the ispiration is the same: a pocket watch.
the name is simple and romantic. good.
the jus sounds belle epoque remasterized, interesting.
the colour: rose. again! Like the denaturated alchool so in fashion, but terrible, nowadays.
we've got enought elements to hope anyway.

alchimia72
alchimia72

So do I Auroramaria. I hope to smell it quickly!

Reve by Van Cleef & Arpels 3.64 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Reve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Reve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Reve by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Reve by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.