Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Van Cleef Van Cleef & Arpels for women

Van Cleef Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures Van Cleef Van Cleef & Arpels for women Pictures

Van Cleef by Van Cleef & Arpels is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Van Cleef was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Pascal Giraux. Top notes are raspberry, galbanum, neroli, marigold and bergamot; middle notes are orange blossom, jasmine, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Raspberry Galbanum Neroli Marigold Bergamot

Orange Blossom Jasmine Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla Cedar

Le Parfum Eau de Parfum Intense

Van Cleef Fragrance Reviews

kvan
kvan

I had no options for sampling this and it's very inexpensive right now by the bottle, so I purchased this blind. I love First, and am impressed by it's quality.
I also appreciate resinous oriental fragrances, as well as floral orientals of various kinds.
This one is quite fruity on me. Not just at the top, but all along. The mix of marigold (which does not smell to me like an actual marigold smells, which is usually somewhat peppery) and raspberry smells like sweet orange on me.
Blend that with the prevalent vanillas here, and I smell like a (slightly plasticky) creamsicle.
This lasts 5-6 hours on me and is noticeable from a talking distance, according to the family. I have a really hard time with plasticky results. I'm also truly picky about fruit notes. I often like raspberry, but this one isn't working on me.
There isn't much of a resinous base showing up, just tonka (and fruit).
Review is for the current EDP

EDIT: I see now, not sure how I've missed it with all of the "notes" searching I do on here, but Fragrantica has a floral note for English Marigold (Calendula) which is the flower in this, and a herbal note for the Marigolds I grow and which smell peppery to me. Note to self, Calendula does not smell like your typical Marigold.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

After searching in different shops for a tester I finally found one and got a chance to try it. I loved it, strong resinous and tonka with just a hint of flowers. I decided I needed a new scent for fall so I ordered it online.
I received my parcel yesterday, tested it today only to discover that this one is a much softer version than the tester.

The resinous part is milder and also the tonka base is softer. Both the tester and the one I bought are edp. It is still a very nice perfume but I had hoped for it to be stronger with more sillage. I can only asume once more a perfume is victim of a reformulation!

Longevity: 2 hours + 2 hours skinscent, dry down tonka/vanilla, no trace of the resinous notes after 4 hours but on my t-shirt it lasts for days.
Sillage: moderate to poor THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE EDP

EDIT: I am convinced now it has something to do with my skin chemistry. My husband who will wear any of my perfumes that are mainly resinous, vanilla based or with tonka has been wearing this perfume for 3 days now. He is obsessed with it, it lasts all day long. He's convinced it is unisex because it is not a dominantly floral scent. It also smells a lot sweeter on him. This shows how one perfume can smell completely different on another person!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

When I first sprayed this on my wrist I thought, oh no I am not sure if I like this one. I waited a while and sprayed again, this time with a little more force. I do love this more with each passing moment. The marigold is very noticeable IMHO and that took a little getting use to. Once it had softened a bit I started to love it. A very classic perfume and one that as an older lady I can appreciate.
It is very hot here today and I am putting this away for autumn and winter.I think it will be perfect for cooler/cold weather. Longevity is great lasting about 14 hours on my skin. Sillage is very good as well. A very beautiful perfume and one I am sure that I will use again and again. A successful blind buy for me.

babykays
babykays

This gem stays on skin for 27 hours and still counting. I don't mind at alllll because the smell is VERY PLEASANT!! I am glad i bought it..

Lumiere
Lumiere

Van Cleef has become one of the favorite brands of perfumery after the impossibly tender romance with Murmure. White lily perfume has attracted a lot of compliments, and became my signature favorite with no explanations and reasons, as it usually happens with love ...I was considering a Van Cleef perfume for a while. The year of production is a special year to me. I thought it has the same base and sophistication as Murmure, and although it is not cheap, one day I held my breath and purchased a 50 ml EDT online, trusting my intuition and Fragranticas reviews.

Needless to say , this scent is amazingly special. Quite different from the cold gourmet Murmure, Van Cleef is equally refined in its special way. A scent from another century, another country, a parallel reality in which you can enter only in the middle ages' museums, universities and castles, or the streets of an ancient town, far away from the mass production and shallowness of today.

The quality of this scent is unusual. Even EDT shows its quality components and silage. Deep, sweet swhiffs of the scent, far from the fruit aromas of the present. Tart raspberries with seeds and leaves melt on the lips right in the woods. This is not a raspberry jam, this is raspberry which grows in the real thickets of cedar forest, with a tart oily scents of herbs and, for refinement, flowers somewhere far, far away. Finally raspberries are brought home, a bouquet of white flowers on the table, Lady Grey tea , calendula oil on mosquito bites, vanilla cookies ... and then exotic Persian Galbanum plant and tonka beans, which I never had a privilege to smell, add to the mystery ...

I can compare Van Cleef with Lancome Cuir de Lancome. It has the same exciting identity, although different notes.

Love this fragrance! For me it's a pretty harsh unforgiving floriental opening which is strong with resinous goodness, nose burningly so.
Have no doubt Van Cleef is a no holds barred fragrance but as it settles the tonka bean, vanilla and creamy sandalwood tone it all down to a lovely elegant scent.
I enjoy the strength and quality of this juice I picked it out as being something my girlfriend would enjoy due to her love of YSL Opium, not that they're similar but put me in mind of each other. This is for women who like their perfume in a more traditional and less contemporary sense. Van Cleef is warm, inviting and lasts for an age and I was right my girl loves it!

Leonore
Leonore

Beautiful floral burst of top notes ~ rich yet lightweight, effervescent, wonderfully radiant bouquet. Orange blossom, neroli, vanilla and sandalwood seem to be most dominant. Galbanum takes over gradually, creating a bittersweet accord which may trace its lineage back to Jean Patou's Que Sais-je. Not a daytime fragrance perhaps; more appropriate for afternoon/evening, or indeed any formal occasion. I am referring to the current Eau de Parfum, which I find easier to wear than the original. I remember trying to like it when it was first inrtoduced but somehow, I could only appreciate it very highly, never really feel at home with it. This new version is subtly and very tastefully altered, still, recognizably the same scent. Last but not least ~ the heavy glass bottle is a stunning Serge Mansau design. Absolutely gorgeous.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I ordered this fragrance with a great expectation about the brand and curiosity because I didn't know it. What a wonderful surprise! I find it a very pleasant fragrance underrated and very elegant and equilibrated. It's floral but not screaming, sweet but for the touch of galbanum, it's not nauseating. Personally I recently discovered the marigold as a floral note I love. The mix results absolutely unique and very very elegant. I always liked floral fragrances but in the last years I'm a bit tired of flowers. But this one's so delicious and particular that I'm in love and it became one of my favorite perfume. I usually wear it during the day. Give it a try.

opa
opa

I am really surprised no one mentioned some similarities in between this frag and the Clandestine by Guy Laroche- to my nose they are sisters. Rich perfume with a strong and distinctive character at the beginning and then it settles down with a soft flowery bouquet with a hint of galbanum and vanilla/raspberry lovely notes.

Yohji
Yohji

So!
It arrived an hour ago. Blind rendezvous...
Was holding bottle in my arms, warming up. Amazing deep honey color of juice.
sprayed ligtly on my wet hair.
First impression "WHAT WAS THAT"....I mean..unreal. Something so strong, powerful, its like Vagner's music and Modern Art Exhibition. You feel so small and humble in it, as it takes you over completely, wins you and you just sit and wait what NEXT
Next - warmth entering the room. Grass, honey, musk on me. A bit of geranium. But the thing ..is it's keep changing with every twist of my body, with every step.
I expected something different i must admit, not that complicated. But its a masterpiece.
One of those smells that will keep surprising you day by day. You can be retro-classic-lady, can be french chik student, can be woman whos man invited her to opera, but you will never be trivial , boring, un-noticable wearing this aroma.
Smell of the Victory, girls.
keep waiting for surprises...

empressevie
empressevie

I am often too lazy to write reviews, but just opened my parcel with Van Cleef inside...and had to try it. And had to yell about this glory!
WOWSERS!!! On me, this perfume is...rich, warm, alluring, a little spicy and absolutely ADDICTIVE. Already ordering my next bottle, because although this is not a replacement of my lifelong love and lust, Fendi, it is AMAZING.

Totally gorgeous. Totally feminine, but with just the hint of non linear floral that makes it a winner for me. Makes me feel edible :)

PS...I get the comparison with Lou Lou, but there is something metallic that jars on me in Lou Lou. But none of that here...just spicy, luscious warmth. IN LOVE!!!

UPDATE: Ok...now 10 hours after spraying myself liberally with this balm. Overnight...no problem! Still getting warm, enjoy me, peek a boo sniffs of this. Amazing longevity!! Oh...and the Lou Lou likeness was short lived on my skin.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I have just got a perfume concentration of the 90's for a few Euros , lucky me ! as this fragrance is one of the most gorgeous florientals I ever smelled .
Rich and deep , warm and sweet ( but not cloying at all ) in a very classy and sultry way .
Sweeter and richer than other orientals I love such as Cristobal Balenciaga and Grain de Soleil Fragonard but not as overwhelming as Cartier Must .
Galbanum is not strong , I do not perceive bitterness in the opening . I like its geranium note among the flowers !

Edit : I also bought the old version Edt and I perceive galbanum much stronger here . Very unique fragrance !

jax mull
jax mull

Super SEXY,BALMY,CLASSY! Sure makes a STATEMENT! A MUST!,,

boruvka44
boruvka44

EDP: balmy resinous, honey-amber smoke shell. If you dab a tiny bit on your heel, it will knock out anything you have anyplace on your body.
Galbanum and geranium, as the smoky/bitter part, is there to make all the sweetness of tonka bearable. Plus a couple drops of delicious smooth concentrated raspberry nectar.
Rich, thick, natural, raw, powerful, beautiful.

Bottle no 2. I have been looking a long time and now I found Van Cleef EdP again. Soooo happy! Nostalgic, classic and modern at the same time. Not sugarsweet, but halfway-sweet flowernotes. The Marigold is dominant in topnote with other wellmixed flowers and basnote give tons of Vanilla and Tonka- gorgeous! Van Cleef belong to the division of heavy scents as Poeme, Beautiful, Knowing, Classique and Amarige, but Van Cleef is classy in its own way. Totally love it!! 1 spritz makes you smell fantabolous all day/night. If you spray to much this will be a overwhelming roomkiller in a not-nice-way. strawberrynet.com sells it and I found this bottle at vivamondo.se Worth every penny and a real Keeper! You have to be a Vanilla/Tonka-fan to love Van Cleef EdP.
But - there is a difference between the early Van Cleef and this bottle - this bottle shows more flowernotes and the first bottle is heavy, heavy Vanilla. I guess Van Cleef & Arpels made an re-formulation in this one.

I had LouLou Cacharel and I have Van Cleef by Van Cleef & Arples - in basenote Van Cleef and LouLou are a bit alike, someone wrote here - they are not - in basenote they both have this rich, warm and sensual Vanilla - Both are gorgeous in two different ways. LouLou is vanilla/smokey sweet. Van Cleef is Vanilla/Tonka-balmy sweet and a bit more mature.

Flaska nr 2. jag har letat länge och nu äntligen hittat den igen. Sååå glad! Nostalgisk, klassisk och modern samtidigt. Inte sockersöt men med halvsöta blomnoter där Ringblomman är dominant i toppnoten, välmixade med andra blomnoter. Basnoten ger mängder av Vanilj och Tonka - ljuvlig! Van Cleef spelar i samma division som Poeme, Beautiful, Knowing, Classique och Amarige men Van Cleef är ändå speciell. Bara älskar den!! 1 sprejning gör att du doftar fantastiskt hela dagen/natten. Om du sprejar för mycket så blir denna en överjävlig rumsdödare, så kraftig är den. Strawberrynet.com och vivamondo.se säljer denna fortfarande. Dyr - men värd varje öre. Du måste vara Vanilj/Tonka-galen för att falla pladask för Van Cleef EdP.
Det finns en skillnad mellan tidiga Van Cleef och denna flaskan, denna visar mer blomnoter - medans första flaskan är otroligt mycket Vanilj - rakt igenom doftpyramiden. Båda lika härliga men gissar att den blivit omformulerad på vägen.

Jag har haft LouLou Cacharel och Jag har Van Cleef från Van Cleef & Arples och någon skriver att de är lika. Mja - De delar den rika Vaniljtonen. De öppnar helt olika i toppnoten/mellannoten men basen med den rika, varma sensuella vaniljen är underbar. Där LouLou är Vanilj/rökelse-söt och Van Cleef är Vanilj/Tonka-mjuk/varm och mer vuxen. Olika men ändå värda att sätta i sammanhang här.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Now this is what I call a quality perfume! This is such a warm and balmy fragrance! Perfect for fall/winter. There is a certain sweetness to it, but I can not tell the notes apart. It must be the musk, tonka and vanilla. When I first smelled it I thought it was more suitable for the age 40-50+, but the more I use it, the more I like it. I'm 34 btw ;)
This is not a fragrance I reach for daily, it's kinda exquisite to me. Very nice and classy, it has decent sillage and I can smell it on me all day, which to me is a BIG plus! I love scents that are noticeable as well to myself as to others without hitting anyone in the face. This is one of them! Gorgeous!

akats
akats

Classy, warm oriental floral, a bit abstract, but very nice and well composed. Vanilla and tonka are dominent, but marigold and galbanum keep the balance and prevent it from being sweet and boring. Orange blosson and neroli play also an important role in the composition and create a creamy comfort sillare, which is great. Very long lasting and sensual as it dries down. I think, that altough is not a Wow! unique scent, it is very worth having it if you love oriental florals. A shy, hidden, perhaps underrated gem.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Like many others, I bought this blind, I actually got it in a lot though. I was so happy to see it there because I adore "First". Like zosoroxy, I thought, mature = great! Hmmmm.... I think sometimes people mistake fusty with mature. The word that kept coming to mind was "dated", but as soon as I put it on, it reminded me of something. The mind is an interesting machine indeed. I put it on, and was not agreeably impressed. But, it brought back a memory of a scent. As in, smelled JUST LIKE something I used to wear. I knew it would come to me, so I didn't worry it. Things like scents just kind of turn on the machine and make it upload info that has been in zipped in storage for decades. Sure enough by late morning...ding ding ding... LOU LOU by Cacherel! At least in my mind's olfactory system, this is a dead ringer for Lou Lou. And now I know for sure that I don't need a bottle of that. I always, KIND OF liked Lou Lou and kind of didn't. I wore it quite a bit for a while and might have even had a second bottle. But it was never love, it was more like trying to make it work with the wrong guy.

Anyway, I'm glad I stayed my hand and applied lightly. Usually when people say it lasts weeks on them, I'm lucky to get through lunch with a waft of sillage. This is a monster alright. If you love it and wore it every day, a big bottle could still last the rest of your life.

I'm glad I got a partial bottle and it was almost free. I'm happy to resurrect my memory of Lou Lou and the like/dislike thing we had going. This is probably a classier version actually. I will gladly try more Van Cleef, but I am only going to use this one to trip down memory lane. It is funny though to me that this is considered so mature, because Lou Lou was so "young" when it came out. At least that was the impression I had. But I guess the Charleston was young and new once too, 23 skidoo and all that!

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef: This is a Vanilla Floriental: V-A-N-I-L-L-A. (Double dose of Tonka bean/vanilla).

Unfortunately, I don't care for Vanillic-based frag's. I love, & own, & frequently wear, Van Cleef & Arpels First, so-

Having such smashing success w/ VC&A's First, and also recalling how lovely Miss Arpels is, I sought out to try additional frag's from this house... I read numerous reviews before blind-buy... Liked that it's described as a "mature" scent- Which to me, = "classic" (meaning NOT teenage trendy/sweet fruity floral).

Apparently, I failed to pay close enough attn to the reviews (?)- This is a VANILLA base (!), albeit *beautifully* constructed/supported by rich, complex, woodsy, spicy florals, reminiscent of Ungaro's Diva, (which I do love, own, wear). The supporting cast of Van Cleef is spicy/woodsy, RICH, gorgeous, and does carry/compliment (the Vanilla) through the duration of wear. Sillage, projection, & longevity are excellent.

BUT- I just don't like primary Vanilla frag's :( (Although over time, I've acquired a taste for the classic ambre dry down- w/ a trace of vanilla)... I still (always!) dislike (to wear) primary Vanillac 'fumes.

Simple: THIS IS A VANILLA BASE fragrance!!! If you enjoy Vanilla as the central theme of your personal 'fume, this is a GREAT one- holds it's own alongside Guerlain's world-worshipped-loved-classic Shalimar! (gasp! Yes! This is THAT good!)... Although I can't tolerate Shalimar, either, for the same reason (overpowering Vanilla)- Certainly, don't let MY personal preferences, speak to your love of Vanilla! If you like Shalimar, this too, is a rich, complex, quality, lush, Vanilla floriental, well worth trying, and buying, and wearing, and loving!

The EdP concentration is mighty powerful, and is an incredible bang for your buck- Not just for staying power & projection, but for the goregous, well balanced, complex creation that it is :) Unlike many other Vanilla frag's, this one really does have a sufficiently strong supporting cast of woodsy, spiced florientals, which hold their own in combination w/ the central Vanilla theme :) Proof positive that incredibly rich, well-blended fine fragrances, need not break the bank. This smells like wealth & priviledge & class & is just gorgeous! Spritz into your hair/scalp, &/or on clothing, it will linger for days!

Finally- Thank you for reading my essay :)

I was initially disappointed upon the arrival of my bottle of Van Cleef & Arpels VAN CLEEF, which I had purchased scent unsniffed from an online discount emporium. As is my custom, I first sprayed some of the perfume on the inside of the top of the box. Turns out that this composition does not show its best side on paper!

Later, when I tested VAN CLEEF on skin, I found that the top notes were a tiny bit sour--as though they had turned--and were reminiscent of my Ted Lapidus BALENCIAGA (reformulated) or perhaps my Ungaro DIVA edt (the edp is much better). Fortunately, the sourness quickly subsides and after a couple of minutes VAN CLEEF is a really gorgeous and compelling perfume! I should say, however, that in order to appreciate this creation, one must like marigold/tagetes, as it is very dominant--at least to my nose.

I am not sure whether the slightly sour shortlived opening is an indication that my bottle is old--I bought it from a discounter, so in theory it could be nearly 20 years old! Another possible explanation is skin chemistry, which might also help to explain why some people dislike while others love this composition. It could be that VAN CLEEF is one of those fickle perfumes which does not express itself consistently from one wearer to the next and one time to the next.

In any case, when this perfume dries down on my skin, it is a consistently beautiful and very sophisticated floriental. It has an old-school feeling but lacks some of the stereotypical notes which tend to elicit cries of "old lady perfume!" from younger wearers. Although galbanum is present, it is not very sharp or marked to my nose. I actually love galbanum, but it tends to impart to perfumes a "pour une femme d'un certain âge" kind of feeling.

I like VAN CLEEF a lot and am happy to have made this purchase. The bottle in which this rich-smelling perfume is housed is also elegant and unique.

I.I
I.I

This perfume really smells of quality. I like it very much, it's an utterly unusual scent.
Very classy, enchanting, ladylike but not sensual, quite retro, but not oldfashioned. To me, it's a classic perfume.
It's clearly not sweet like perfumes that are in fashion now. I can smell vanilla and marigold clearly, balbanum too but not at all tonka bean.
It's a really lovely perfume for a mature woman, over 25 y.old. Also...be careful! It can be harsh!

pippab
pippab

Van Cleef was a blind buy and after giving myself a few sprays and time to form an opinion, I've decided that for me, it's a pleasant but not wildly desirable fragrance. The reviews below swayed me to buy it, and I'm non-plussed.

Although it's not listed in the notes, I get an initial blast of lavender, but it quickly dissipates. It's not one of those sweet, over the top, girly girl perfumes that are so prevalent these days - it would appeal to a more mature woman.

I had 'First' too and wasn't knocked out by that either - perhaps Van Cleef & Arpels are not my thing. I guess variety is the spice of life - that's why we all have such varying tastes in fragrances. To all of you who love Van Cleef - enjoy!.

jemma
jemma

Amazing! Whips, enchants! First associations - luxury in the highest form, which does not tolerate any compromise! Warm and radiant. Expensive, exquisite and varied, measured, marked elegant and fine. At the same time - brooking objections. Upper class. Striking from the from beginning to end.Amazing durability. And still beautiful.Up peculiar feeling of euphoria. Categorized in disgrace. In the best sense. Convincingly turned into an my absolute favorites. / EDP /

Scarlette
Scarlette

Rich, sultry classic. Vanilla, orangey-cinnamon marigolds, topped with sandalwood.

Very posh, yet approachable and comfortable.Smells like somebody took their time and did it right. Lasts VERY well. Not many wear it, which I love.

This to me, is the definition of an oriental perfume, to its fullest extent. Magic.

ANSD
ANSD

I loooooooooove this perfume. My father offered this perfume to my mother years ago, but she could never wear it, because she finded it very strong and unpleasant. I have always loved this wonderful fragrance, but I can't find it on portuguese shelves...I hope i will find it soon, and buy it for my own pleasure.
Wonderful lasting power...asskicking!!!!!!

Appleshack
Appleshack

I am a fragrance junkie, but somehow, I always keep on returning to this Van Cleef.
When I need an ego boost I tend to wear my Van Cleef. My friends say I smell like a rich sophisticated woman when I wear this. No wonder most of them splashed out and bought a bottle too.

olga1780
olga1780

After I browsed through the topics on sillage monsters and saw Van Cleef consistently mentioned, I chased down a bottle of it right away.
This classic did not disappoint me a bit.
Bold, beautiful and sophisticated .....and yes, loud, but in the best possible way!
It has the same metallic note as in First and a lovely drydown of honey and raspberry.
Reminds me the most of Cappuci and Filly in character, but of course it has its own unique personality.
Sillage and longevity are outstanding.

TawnyMoon
TawnyMoon

I bought Van Cleef 'First' and when this ran out thought I would try Van Cleef to see if it was as good. It was even better, more sophisticated but not harsh and it lasts all day. I haven't ever detected it being worn by anyone else so thats nice if you like to be different. Fifteen years later having tried many perfumes I always return to this one, its become my 'signature' fragrance and my husband still compliments me whenever I'm wearing it (whereas my other perfumes I don't think he notices!) I would admit though its not a young womans fragrance ;)

reignydaze
reignydaze

Beautiful, just beautiful. Smells very glamourous to me, a real evening out fragrance(although I'll wear it whenever the mood takes me). A rich vanilla floriental with just enough musk to tickle the nose. Sharp and sweet on first application which settles down to a warm honey and vanilla. The EDP will last and last and last and has unbeatable sillage. This is a power fragrance and I love it. Shrinking violets look elsewhere.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Trayed EdP on Wednesday and even if I´m not the right type of woman to wear oriental, I felt in LOVE with it. That really doesn´t happen very often! I sprayed it in the hair a lot. In the hair it stays two days, on my skin only about 2 hours. You are so right Action, you said the truth about fragrances, what I would say too.

I´m a big lover of fruity-florals and can smell orange blossoms in it and vanilla too. Since Thursday the same week it stands on my LOVE shelve. I can smell a nice distance in it, what I prefer in my bussines.

It´s all time wear fragrance for every occasion, except you are going with you dog in the park.

lennoxx
lennoxx

I had it early 90s and liked it, but never thought of what did it smell like. Now I miss it although never wanted to buy it once again. There is a lot of other perfumes I like and a lot more will be issued. But for those who never tried it before I would recommend it as a warm, sweet though not annoying, elegant and comfortable...very nice!

Angel10
Angel10

I wore this in the early 90's, and LOVED it. Very grown up, rich, lasting and soft. Absolutely radiates warmth.
Never ever have I smelled anyone else wearing it, which is great!

Nostalgic, although I don't know what it reminds me of......definitely for a lady, and not a girl.

Has 80's staying power...awesome.

Give it 15 years passionata20!

passionata20
passionata20

After reading these reviews i decided to try this fragrance yesterday. It is absolutly not my taste! It could be very nice for me if it would have less geranium and orange in it. Those notes are the killers! Especially geranium. I have tried edt and i presume it is a new edition of this, so this might be a reason, beacuse the new edt First also smells different than old version of EDP. Sadly i don´t understand all the buzz about this fragrance, might try it on my skin once again, but i doubt that it will help.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

Wonderful, soft deep and warm scent. I will wear it both daytime and evening. This fragrance goes into my skin and stays close to me. Staying power is over 9 hours - fantastic!
No sharp och edgy notes at all. I think this one is better for "grownup" women, it will be a little bit heavy on a young girl, in my opinion.
Basenote gives a lot of warm vanilla - gourgeous!!!

En helt otrolig doft! Jag älskar Oriental Vanilla och det är denna. En kraftig parfym som man får använda försiktigt. Inga skarpa eller tunga doftnoter men otroligt varm och mjuk och superkvinnlig. Detta är en doft för den vuxna, lite världsvana kvinnan som inte är rädd för att märkas - på ett positivt sätt. Basnoten är underbar - med massor av vanilj.

I really have to spend more time with the perfumes I have already, instead of always looking for new ones. I have this for quite a while now and yesterday, together with Diva, I tried it out again. WHAT A FRAGRANCE!!!! Sooo warm, sooo refined, luxurious, creamy oriental, womenly, ladylike!!
Straight A!!

Arpels has some very gorgeous perfumes!!! I love this one and First love!!

Amethyste
Amethyste

Only one drop will stay on your wrist for the rest of your life: amazing.

uninco
uninco

Inspired by good rewies I've tried it several times, but was not convinced to purchase it. It smells nice, but that's all I can say. The opening is really much interesting and intriguing that the start notes but It is obviously not enough to break my heart. I can detect raspberry and some kind of flowers there. Maybe will give it one more chance and update.

I have just received a bottle of this today and it is gorgeous. It smells even better than I imagined. All the notes are blended to perfection and there is not one that strikes off key. I am delighted to have found this gem of a fragrance.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is a masterpiece of the 90's.

Notes difficult to handle such as raspberry,marigold and geranium, are invisible in this master-of-disguise composition.
A warm blend that ignites a tingling sensation.
The sillage is just incredible. We 're talking about a 48 hours scented trace on your skin.

esprit2fly
esprit2fly

At the beginning is very heavy, it smells like pharmaceuticals. After a couple of hours this fragrance ist very sophisticated, a wonderful mix of flowers and fruits.

Malegria
Malegria

It is very classy and chic - but also all-business like.There is something in it that warns to keep the distance!A cold, chemical note that can be both alluring and putting off.If not for this, I`d wear it whenever I want to feel confident, cool and icy.

golden
golden

I agree jeca TIMELESS!!

all of the van cleef perfumes are old fashioned,but you might find them chic and classic too.

jeca
jeca

Yes, classic scent with flowers in old manner, my husband found it too soapy ;o) only for evening wear.

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

Nice and classy. Timeless

Van Cleef by Van Cleef & Arpels 4.12 out of 5 based on 226 ratings and 45 user reviews

BIRMANE for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT .2 OZ MINI
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
First Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
First Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Van Cleef Cologne by Van Cleef Arpels, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
FIRST for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 2 OZ TESTER
FIRST for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 2 OZ TESTER
FEERIE for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
FEERIE for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Gift Set
VAN CLEEF VARIETY for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels SET-3 PIECE WOMENS VARIETY WITH ORIENS FEERIE FIRST ALL ARE MINIS
Van Cleef Cologne by Van Cleef Arpels, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Van Cleef Cologne by Van Cleef Arpels, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
VAN CLEEF for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
VAN CLEEF for MEN by Van Cleef Arpels EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Les Saisons Par Van Cleef Hiver Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 4.2 oz Icy Notes Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Van Cleef Arpels Van Cleef Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 fl oz
Van Cleef Arpels Van Cleef Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 fl oz
Van Cleef Arpels Oriens Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Van Cleef Arpels Oriens Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
LES SAISONS PAR VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels FRUITY NOTES EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
LES SAISONS PAR VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels ICY NOTES EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
First Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Van Cleef Arpels Oriens Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Van Cleef Arpels Oriens Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ORIENS VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ BAG
Oriens Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Van Cleef Arpels Variety Women's Gift Set, 1 ea
Eau De Parfum
Van Cleef Arpels First Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 2 fl oz
Van Cleef Arpels First Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 2 fl oz
Van Cleef Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
VAN CLEEF for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Oriens Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Oriens Perfume by Van Cleef Arpels, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
REVE VAN CLEEF ARPELS for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
REVE VAN CLEEF ARPELS for WOMEN by Van Cleef Arpels EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Van Cleef by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Van Cleef by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.