Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Preppy Princess Vera Wang for women

Preppy Princess Vera Wang for women
dislike

coconut
Preppy Princess Vera Wang for women Pictures Preppy Princess Vera Wang for women Pictures

Preppy Princess is a juicy and luscious woody - fruity fragrance that combines top notes of tangerine, red apple and crushed red berries with a floral core of honeysuckle and jasmine, placed on sensual base notes of woods and coconut water.

New Preppy Princess feels like a queen feeling she was born to rule. The leader of a clique, educated, young and beautiful, she attends school on the Upper East Side and wears impeccable plaid clothing and a pear necklace ...

The bottle is heart - shaped like all the previous editions, this time decorated with blue and pink plaid pattern and sophisticated pearls around the crown that is the stopper. The fragrance is available as a limited edition Eau de Toilette in 50ml and 100 ml bottles. Preppy Princess was launched in 2010.

Tangerine Red Apple Red Berries

Jasmine Honeysuckle

Woodsy Notes Coconut

Preppy Princess Fragrance Reviews

girl1000
girl1000

I love it, but like all Vera Wang scents, it turns very soapy on me after a while. I love the scent of tangerine, and it's very noticeable and natural in Preppy Princess.

bridgette
bridgette

I LOVE this one... after it dries for a half hour. At first spray it's kind of harsh. But, after it sits on skin for a while, it is so nice. Perfect blend of fruity, white floral, and woodsy, with nothing standing out too much. For me it's a pretty unique scent.
I got it as a sample with 3 other princess scents. This one and Princess Nights were my favs. (I also got Glam and regular princess, but I didn't love them).

madame dahlia
madame dahlia

look. i am 36 and i think this perfume is gorgeous. it actually reminds me of a scent my long-dead granny used to wear...so i'm not getting this whole aimed-at-teens idea. i tried it on a whim, i was looking at something else and my toddler wanted to try a perfume, so i grabbed this and sprayed it on her. i couldn't stop sniffing her all day lol. i was at first hit by a beautiful bright bouquet of flowers that were sweet but woody, and later it dried down to a scent i could only describe as "toffee-apples". love love love it. and i really don't like most "young" scents, most are way to fruity/candy scented for mebut this has something wondeful about it.

Bree.The.Kokiri
Bree.The.Kokiri

I don't like this at all. All the reviews say fruity, which i love, but it's not fruity at ALL it's ALL flowers! yuck!

Lali_7
Lali_7

This is what I call a classic girly scent. Little bit of Lacoste touch of pink but not really, little bit of Princess, but not really either. It's crispy sweet. I like it though generally not my cup of tea.

Rachellawrence
Rachellawrence

I don't like this one far too fruity. I have a 50ml for swaps if any one wants x

alycat
alycat

Clean, simple, generic, even a little unisex, with a touch of class. It suits the name. A little more highbrow than your usually teen fragrance, in keeping with the plaid and pearls motif. Sporty, well-read, perhaps even musically inclined. That's the image the fragrance evokes.

I bought it in a set that included the original and and Night flanker. Those are mine.

This will be going to my step-daughter.

tzeal
tzeal

i own the whole princess collection and this is by far my least favorite. generic perfume. also so generic that i dont feel anything when i wear it. when i was in grade 7 i wore perfumes like this cause they were young and so inoffensive that i could wear perfume to any occassion without smelling like a prosti-tot. i have matured into liking strong room stopping, feeling provoking scents. dont buy this if you wanna be unique. other scents in the princess collection are great, the original princess would be better for anyone finding a non offensive scent.

tc9891
tc9891

I love the Vera Wang Princess line, especially the plaid design on this bottle ^_^ as far as the scent, on my skin it comes across as tart in the beginning to becoming very warm almost spicy vanilla and berries, I don't smell anything woodsy but overall a great day/night scent.

maddy.knowles
maddy.knowles

This perfume is the most unoriginal fragrace ever, but for some reason I still love it. For me, it smells exactly like an airport departure lounge in the duty free shop. It is THAT generic. It smells like a million other perfumes mixed together, but I always feel as though I want to wear it! However, by the age of 24, I think most girls have grown out of tacky blue rings and heart shaped bottles. It looks like something designed by a twelve year old.

I don't know, I somehow don't want to like this but I really do. It shows that it's worth giving everything a try. I think this fragrance is so evocative of the excitement and joy I've experienced at the prospect of flying away on holiday - I simply can't dislike it.

feelawesomerobot
feelawesomerobot

The design on the bottle seems very immature but on my skin this perfume soars. It stays forever on me and the sillage is like KERPOW. 3 sprays an hour before work and I can still smell it at bedtime.

I honestly feel like the sent is way more mature than the original, name and packaging all imply. It smells like woodsy berries on me which is great.

All around good daily wear... day into night.

I just wonder if there is a way to get all that printed nonsense off the front of the bottle? It would be so lovely if I could.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

I'm so mad this scent is discontinued! It is an amazing scent and I only have a 30mL bottle! I hope it gets re- launched someday!

stephis26
stephis26

I bought it blindly because u can't go wrong with vera Wang its a good scent with a very good silliage and the right amount of warm and fresh to be just beautiful ...but its not for me I used it couple times not really liking it on my skin anyone who wants to exchange it maybe for another used vera Wang?

Kemerri
Kemerri

I'm so disappointed.. Purchased this as a blind buy and was hoping for some coconut in the scent but there was absolutely none. I wanted to LOVE this perfume because it seemed perfect for me but it just smells.. so.. boring on me (and I'm 18 btw so don't think I find myself too OLD for it). Like, it doesn't smell like anything specific, just smells like a boring tart perfume.

Also, I DON'T find the bottle ugly or tacky. I love pink, and plaid, and hearts, and I find it cute. So does my 29 year old sister and 21 year old sister.

Overall, 4/10. :(
Do not recommend to anyone unless they are SUPER simple and don't care for perfume at all.

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

Aside from the name, bottle, packaging and the super tacky ring, I actually really like this. It's a nice, relaxed and inoffensive scent that is exceptionally light yet juicy on my skin. I definitely don't get any staleness like I occasionally do with sweet perfumes. Considering it's aimed at children, I was surprised by how much complexity and depth I get out of it. That's not to say it's ground breaking, but I don't need ground breaking for daily wear; I want something inoffensive that won't have half my co-workers asking if I was involved in an explosion at the Glade Plug-in factory on my way to the office and the other half left with migraines.

I am quite happy to wear this despite being roughly twice the age of the target demographic at the ripe old age of 24, I just wish the bottle and name weren't so goddamned awful. I think they really prime people on what to expect from the scent, and those expectations won't do it justice.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Vera Wang Preppy Princess is a great casual yet fun scent! Sweet red berries, juicy tangerine, and fresh jasmine with a hint of coconut and crisp red apple to a dry down of honeysuckle and light woods. It’s a young sweet scent that’s perfect for everyday wear.

nightcat23
nightcat23

It's light and whimsical and doesn't take itself too seriously. Sure, it may have been marketed to the teen and college girl age, but anyone can wear it really.

The opening is lightly fruity, then it goes into the light floral heart but I mainly love the woodsy dry down. It's got a nice 'skin scent' to it. Natural, clean and alluring. I definitely recommend it as a gift to a young girl as her first fragrance, but if you know someone who is mature in age and young at heart, they'd like it as well.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

I love this fragrance.. Its is fruity, orange and floral notes. I received tons of compliments from it. In particular an older males. Saying I smell good enough to eat. I have to disagree with coments saying this is for young girls. But everyones entitled to their own opinion.There is nothing immature about this perfume. Although the name may appeal to youth. I am 26 and feel sexy, and playful when wearing this. When I spray it on, I feel a sudden warmness on my skin. Its long lasting especially on summer day. It just seems to linger linger till the close of the day.I have about 3 sprays left of the 1.7 bottle. scared to spray it...ill hold on till ..I get a new bottle.

Sabz22...
Sabz22...

Light, doesnt give you a headache. Great for a day when u have a hectic day and need something subtle but refreshing!

sweetapple7
sweetapple7

Very fruity,sweet and memorable.I think its more for the younger generation.It does smell a little woody though.I love this scent

twilight1234
twilight1234

cool stuff vera wang. it is a very rad pefume with plenty of sweetness and i also get a lot of floral. a very yong pefume. ideal for a girl starting high scool. also a good one for possibly a ball. a FANCY ball.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Liked it more than I thought I would... it's a pretty, fruity concoction. Nice. There are others that are more tempting, and definitely others that are worse... at least this one is on sale for like $25 at Ross right now! :)

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok finally sampled this, its not bad but its also nothing special, it has a hint of coconut but its just barely there, the other notes I can't pin point what I am smelling exactly but I just can tell that its nothing special, Princess Night is much more worth the money than this one.

Fragaria

I stand behind spiritkind one hundred percent! I'm old and love this scent! I eat cookies too! I've wanted it since it came out. The kinda tacky bottle put me off a little (from the photos) and really, the bottle is quite pretty. Yes the packaging is for someone much younger than myself but I still love it. The staying power and strength are far above average so these aren't a problem for me. This is lovely and I just can't see why anyone wouldn't like this. It's fresh, bright, clean, and preppy as can be! I think the preppy is more appropriate than the princess in the name. I'm so happy I finally got this! I think this is a good blind buy if you don't read the negative reviews or judge a book by its cover!

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

This is a very cute and playful scent to me. I enjoy wearing it for those casual days. It provides a welcomed change.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

I had a very memorable and sweet experience with this perfume. Got this as my Valentines present from my husband last year. At first he just gave me small box of facial set. I told myself ah ok, maybe he didn't have time to get me something since he's busy at work. Then the next thing he said is "Look, I just found something outside!" When I look at him, he was holding flowers with teddy bear, chocolates and the perfume that I really want for that Valentines 'Preppy Princess'. I really feel like a queen more than a princess;)

Anyway, this perfume is citrusy yet sweet (not gourmand sweet) to me which I really like. The base note is powdery too. It's not overpowering. It's very clean, fresh and fruity. Very youthful. Perfect for summer though sometimes I think, you could wear it for night time. The only negative thing is lasting power but still a lovely perfume to me.

nikitajade
nikitajade

it's a very beachy, tropical fragrance to me. makes me think of a beach bunny in the most positive sense of the word. also makes me want a pina colada.

jenny2301
jenny2301

Wow I thought this smelled very boring,did not like it at all,Im guessing maybe a tween would like this,not me.pass!

Booogie
Booogie

Luscious? For me, not so much. Kind of sweet, kind of soapy, kind of woody. That's about it. This has zero lasting power as well. It's not a bad fragrance, I just find it a little generic and safe. It would be good for a young girl just getting started in perfume. It does smell a bit juicier when sprayed into the air. I was underwhelmed but it deserves a whiff, it could be a good fragrance to wear to work. It's not too much of anything and definitely not loud.

Mandalila
Mandalila

It smells beautiful and fruity when you first put it on, then when it dries down it has an almost flowery-powder smell and isn't too long lasting on my skin. I like spraying it as a room spray rather than on my skin.

Perfumian Girl 7
Perfumian Girl 7

I really cannot believe this is a Vera Wang. I think this is the best one yet. It smells so much different than the others. I think it is a fruity floral scent, perfect for a girls night out from my perspective. I totally recommend this perfume. Thumbs up to everyone who likes it!:)

takeasniff
takeasniff

I like this but it has taken several tests both on paper and on skin. The ring however is rubbish the stones fall out! I can smell a little Rock Princess in this at times. It is a smooth coconut smell in the dry down. It is very expensive compared to the regular Princess. I do want to get it because the suttle smell it has I like for every day I wouldn't wear it out for dinner or special occasion but it is something you can put on and not think much about it. It suits my skin but I find most of these types of fragrances do. If you like skin scents than this will suit you. I don't want to make a huge statement all the time with my perfume and I don't care if I walk past someone and they think I smell like middle school when I am actually in my 30s. I am light hearted with a good sense of humor I don't take my self seriously so I like this fragrance it suits those sorts of people not just young girls. There are many young girls who can't stand this perfume so each to their own.

Mojo95
Mojo95

Why is everybody so negative towards it, it smells lovely and fresh, quite light aswell :)

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Pretty bottle, horrible fragrance. It's sour and stale smelling and reminds me a lot of Britney's Radiance.

servana
servana

It floral & I like it, but it's completely unoriginal. When I think 'floral perfume', this is the exact smell which comes to mind. It's nice & unoffensive, but overdone and boring. Not very strong either.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

After the dry-down, all I get is watermelon. Relaxed watermelon, but watermelon.

Nicefairy
Nicefairy

Wow .. The crush red berries and apple bring the sweetness on the fragrance .. The scent reminded me of romance by Ralph Lauren.. :) I can see myself wearing it ..

I had a bit of a giggle over the name when this fragrance was first released. It's obvious with names such as, Preppy Princess, Glam Princess and Rock Princess, that this particular range by Vera Wang is aimed at the younger consumers.

I'm just over the intended age group, but I'll admit that three years ago, I possibly would have loved this fragrance. It's a sweet scent, but thankfully not nauseatingly so. It smells like a crisp apple scented shampoo at times, with a few too many tablespoons of sugar mixed in.

It's very girly and very 'pink'. In my opinion it's nondescript and somewhat average. For a young school girl, it is appropriate in the sense that it suits their age and personality, and isn't too strong or overpowering.

Preppy Princess is a linear composition, being mostly sweetened apples, honeysuckle and tropical coconut throughout. The lasting power is not as good as it should be for the price, however I find that many of the flankers in the Princess range don't last all too well.

According to Vera Wang representatives, Preppy Princess is an edgy yet luscious fragrance. I wouldn't say edgy or luscious, but I'd say fruity and young sums it up pretty well.

Fragaria

I think this is just the cat's meow! I don't care for the bottle so much, it's a little dime-store-ish and a bit too expensive. I sure like this though! I'd buy it...I hope to buy it! This should have been called Pretty instead of Elizabeth Arden's Pretty. This is just plain pretty.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

On me it's just a nondescript fruity floral, not unlike 10 million other fruity florals on the market....nothing special, though I do like it much better than original Princess (too floral).

susiechoo
susiechoo

To sum it up, it's a fruitier version of Coco Mademoiselle. (well at least on me it did) Blasphemy! i know i know, how dare I compare this to coco mademoiselle, but that's all i keep smelling. It's rather disappointing that this is a Vera Wang fragrance.

As others have said, it's a "Cute" fragrance...but cute is not memorable

shinewin
shinewin

I don't know but I do not like fragrances with coconut notes. I'm fine with coconut shampoo, conditioner, body gel, & lotion but with fragrances, it makes me wanna puke. The only Princess I like from vera Wang line is the Rock Princess. However, the original Vera Wang EDP is the best.

justpeachy
justpeachy

Preppy Princess is indeed a young scent - a burst of sweet-tart red berries riding on a cloud of blond musk and soft flowers. It is similar to Viva La Juicy, but the heart of flowers in this one doesn't blossom nearly as much. The initial scent is surprisingly bitter to me, and very red, and the warm drydown, while pleasant, doesn't linger as long as I would prefer.

The bottle is cute, though there's a punky feel to both it and the scent itself - this prep princess isn't delicate and naive, nor is she yet worldly or sophisticated. I agree with those who say it would be a good scent for a high schooler or young college girl.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Preppy Princess is weird and without any character in the beginning. A bit fruity, flowery, has some green tone to it. Coconut makes it similar to Deseo at one stage. Nothing groundbreaking, but it makes nice everyday casual finish lol xD

Anahi
Anahi

I'm really liking the sound of this perfume! Loving all the notes! Love the plaid packaging! Can't wait till she releases this!

beenabela26
beenabela26

Just got the tester in at the store I work and had to try it out on my skin. It's not a bad scent but it smelled just like tommy girl on me. ...Middle skool...blah. That's all I can say about that.

I found it hard to believe (on smelling this) that it was, in fact, a Vera Wang! This lacks the depth and sophistication I usually associate with her fragrances...

It opens fresh and tart, becomes creamy and floral and has a very light woody finish. PP is clean and simple, and very youthful. The bottle and the scent together remind me of a young schoolgirl in a plaid skirt and pink blazer uniform. Young and innocent, yet full of blossoming womanhood and really not all that serious about anything. It comes on sweet and flirty, but lacks sensuality and actual maturity. Good for young ladies, but I think it would be anachronistic, like a pink pleather miniskirt on 80 year-old lady, on a more mature woman. On a teenager or a twentysomething it would be quite charming, even yummy!

Sillage: fair
Longevity: average
Overall: 2.75/5

Not really "bad", but not really outstanding. This would make a good gift for a teenage niece, or young college girl. What it lacks in sophistication, it makes up for in it's snappy cuteness...

secretcrush
secretcrush

I testd this one 2nite at Macy's and it wasnt bad at all... Berryliscious yes w/ some woods throw in there 4 depth... Not exactly ur typical run-of-the-mill teen fragrance yet nothing exceptionally groundbreaking either... I can see this being used by the young or the young at heart like me lol...

Preppy Princess by Vera Wang 3.41 out of 5 based on 247 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Preppy Princess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Preppy Princess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Preppy Princess by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Preppy Princess by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.