Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Rock Princess Vera Wang for women

Rock Princess Vera Wang for women
dislike

I have it: 333 I had it: 114 I want it: 443 My signature: 10

Limited fragrance Rock Princess was introduced to the market in April 2009. It shows the rebellious side of a princess by its dark-floral-fruity composition. Perfumer of this edition is Calice Becker of Givaudan and the fragrance features white peach, red raspberry, bergamot, heliotrope, vintage-inspired rose, night blossoming jasmine, lily, cashmere, musk, iris and creamy coconut.

Flacon is made of dark glass, decorated with metal details and a crown in the same nuance as flacon. Outer carton is black and decorated with pink and silver graffiti. 30 and 100 m EDT flacons are available only in the USA, while 50 ml flacons can be found only outside the USA. An accompanying assortment includes perfumed body care lotion.

Peach Raspberry Bergamot

Heliotrope Rose Jasmine Lily

Cashmere Wood Musk iris Coconut

Rock Princess Fragrance Reviews

lkha37
lkha37

This is from a sample I got. Starts off slightly spicy and sweet but quickly dries down to a soft creamy musk. Doesn't leave much of an impression. Just meh for me.

JuniperMimi
JuniperMimi

This smells like blackberry jam but in a good way? Initially it's very boozy, like you spilled rum on yourself at the bar, but once that dies down it's pleasant. Warm and coconut at the end, a little powdery.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

I have found that Rock Princess has a spicy scent. It is a lovely fragrance. I just wish that the price tag had not risen significantly in comparison to many of Vera Wang's other fragrances. If paying aound 90 dollars is not a problem, then I do highly recommend Rock Princess. It is a departure from many of the other flankers of the original Princess. It is a subtle spice, very appealing.

chester
chester

Bought this without smelling at a discount store a long time ago. The bottle is adorable but that's about it. The smell is not memorable. I basically payed $20 for the little rings on top, which I've worn once or twice. Looks cute on my vanity but never gets used.

takeasniff

I have dragged this one out again as I moved location and had it packed away. I still love it. I can see when first sprayed it is a little jarring it is a mixture of notes kind of chaotic like a bomb going off with notes flying everywhere. It then settles down and depending on skin chemistry, it smells nice or too boozy.

I think it is a shame that it didn't take off. Vera tried to do something different with this one. I think it was to reflect a girl who is a feminine young lady, has a good heart but has her own attitude and doesn't want to follow the herd not a girl with a bad attitude just someone who knows what she is all about and doesn't need to conform to the traditional idea for young women. However, it had too much to live up to due to the success of the previous editions and the sweetness of those has spoilt people when they come to smelling this one they get a surprise and don't know what to make of it.

If Vera had launched it as an entirely new perfume the way she did with Look then it may have been more appreciated. Unfortunately the princess group are a clicky little group and this girl just doesn't fit in but I get the feeling she doesn't care and doesn't really want too :)

If you liked J Lo's Glow After Dark or Rihanna, or Gucci Guilty Intense, Anna Sui in the purple and black bottle or even Glam Princess or Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden then try this one. It is a strange mixture of musk, fruit, spice. The notes don't really shift smoothly from one to the other which I think puts people off.

Unfortunately I see Vera has returned to the usual fruity, vanilla, watery, musk mixtures for the latest princesses it is a shame really.

If you are looking for a sweet, fluffy, girly smell similar to the previous Princess range then you probably will be disappointed with Rock Princess maybe try the newer releases.

Quarantine
Quarantine

The impression I get is that this particular rock princess is rather a wallflower, standing at the edge of the crowd and willing not to be noticed. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice fragrance, but that's all it is. From a fragrance named Rock Princess I would expect something more edgy and unique, but instead its a mediocre fruity floral musky blend. At first the sweet raspberry and florals are noticeable then it dries down to a soft musky coconut. Reasonable price, sillage and lasting power. Soft and pretty, but it definitely doesn't rock.

janechemi
janechemi

to me rock princess smells like a dark floral. i dont get much fruit in it but i do get a slightly boozy smell. it's not in the notes but i can also smell a bit of the smokey incense note thats in lady gaga's perfume. it's a gorgeous perfume and it's a shame its so rare.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

doesn't stay on my skin even for half hour..no character..sorry..

Cw830
Cw830

My sample is from Sephora and aged about 1 year (expired?). This does not smell right to me, like at first it's wine and baby wipes put together. 15 minutes later and it smells the same, but weaker, and I can smell a woody base. I think there's a floral in there, but it's so tiny. After an hour, there is only the woody base. Please tell me my sample went bad. There are many things I like from Vera Wang, but this is not one.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

This bland wishy-washy sweet fruited water has no right being called a 'perfume'. What you're actually paying for is a heart-shaped glass flacon, and some gimmicky 'value-added' (yeah right!) ring-top accessories. As an after-thought what you get inside is no more than super cheap vaguely sweet smelling bilge water.
Even if you can't afford more expensive you can certainly still find better for the same cheap price. - As a 'perfume' it's just plain embarrassing quite frankly ! (Where it's best feature is it's junk jewellery.) - And this unfortunately equally stands for the entire 'Princess' range.

lovelylady

I'll just be honest. It was a blind buy and I just like the heart shaped bottle. I didn't like the scent too much. It was okay.

KisaSlater
KisaSlater

Found this perfume quite disappointing. I don't smell much of anything sweet with this one as i had hoped. Haven't used it since i sprayed it on me

Elmyra
Elmyra

I love Wera Wang, but this scent is an utter disappointment. Ive sampled it a few times, and can honestly say i would never buy it.
It smells bland, and like strong alcohol. Absolutely no coconut can be detected or any other notes.
Miserable perfume i am afraid :(

Loveactually
Loveactually

I had previously owned a bottle of Vera wang's rock princess and I must say I used it at every chance I could get. It's lovely, quite sweet. I find it works really well when combined with another perfume. The only worry with this scent is that it is not very long lasting.
Although, all in all, i'd still go back and buy it again. I love the entire princess range from Vera Wang! :)

HopeAyanami
HopeAyanami

Smells so much like Parma Violets on my skin :) I LOVE it! Bottle and scent totally matches my style, dark on the outside yet sweet inside :) Definitely need to repurchase this, didn't realise how much I missed it!

inchukalns
inchukalns

the bottle is amazing and i wish i would enjoy the perfume as much..
but i only smelled rose, jasmine and bergamot, which made a weird,heavy combination on my skin.
really tried to smell my favourite coconut, iris, raspberry butjust couldn't.
the presence of peach was discovered, but imagine eating peach mixedwith lots of oriental spices..
my body chemistry interpreted this perfume in a strange way so it didn't work out. pity

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

It has some interesting notes in it, but I also picked up the scent of something....I won't use the word "rotten," but it reminds me of the scent many called "mushroom-like" in Tom Ford's Black Orchid. NOT saying this smells like that...just that the fermented smell in this reminds me of the fermented smell in that. I thought it was just me, until I noticed a few other reviews on here mentioning a similar impression. Maybe this scent is what some call "boozy?" But in commenting on the nicer notes...someone said that this is all Princess and no Rock. I COMPLETELY agree! I want to know the marketing team that thought THIS should have ROCK as part of its name....

londonhermit
londonhermit

This smelled like rancid fruit and booze on my skin. I'm sure if my sample was bad or what but it didn't work out.

Mom2Dano
Mom2Dano

I love this perfume. I would definitely say it is heavier than others, like Glam princess, but not so heavy that it's overpowering. It's sweet and I can definitely smell the jasmine and rose. Everything else just kinda blends it all together. I wear it all the time. I think it is more of an evening/night scent but can be worn during the day. I wish it lasted longer though.

suhaesa
suhaesa

a coucounty.. deeper version of princess veraa wang ..trying to catch up with the rock and rose orrock and drems or packo rban rock but there is one problem its too light you can hardly smell it it can hardly leave a trail or a lasting impression..
they say its sweet musky woody fruity powdery but you really have to hunt for the accords it takes while un till yo get to smell anything..its not an explosive perfume nor a fine one its lost in between.. in a category of its own..
ok its sweet alright but not overwhelmingly so its niceish it needs a wake up call a serious one..its a bit dull to my nose it doesn't evoke sensations or strong feelings .its merely there a faint trail of happiness..she needs to scream louder..for all that black rock black bottle..!

perfume ratting 3.8 out 5
bottle ratting 4 out of 5
edp 100ml
bougt from sephora about 100 us $

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Vera Wang Rock Princess is a completely different scent from the original Princess! Softly sweet raspberry, warm cashmere wood, and a tropical hint of coconut. It's certainly has a shampoo type quality to it, but it's a great fragrance for casual wear!

francesmay
francesmay

I like rock princess. It does not smell super "girly". The musk comes off pretty nicely on this one. Not too strong, just enough to still be a princess that she is. Too bad the longevity is weak. Does not stay more than 2 hours on my skin. But, I enjoy it while it lasts. :)

bailarina
bailarina

When I first smelled it from the bottle it smelled like any other perfume. When I put it on my wrist it was nothing special but when it dried out I was enjoing it more than I thought. On my skin It smells a little sweet (not rotten, at all) and woody, which I love. It sort of smells like shampoo but when it dries is nice and woody, with a hint of coconuts... If you like coconuts and wood you should try this.

msplem
msplem

Not a fan of this one. Love most of the Princess line just not Rock Princess. If anyone wants to do a swap plese let me know.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

if marshmellows were a fruit... and the were rotting in heap of compost, maybe with a dead flower or two, it would smell like this

ldenico
ldenico

Nice Fragrance, I was initially attracted to the bottle. Very much my style, sweet with an edge. The best one from Vera's Princess line

alannah93
alannah93

i bought this perfume as a blind buy and i'm glad i did, well when i first sprayed it on my wrist it smelt like vodka - but after about 30 seconds the fruit/floral notes started coming through, the only problem i have with it is that it doesn't last long it fades away after about an hour and 30 minutes, but it is a nice perfume once it's left for a little while.

ViciousDelicious
ViciousDelicious

This perfume, as well as Cacharel's Amor Amor Temptation, smelled like wine and night flowers to me. It gives me an impression of reckless excess.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

Oh my God is this perfume bad! and i mean REALLY bad! It smells like rotten blackcurrants and i can really smell the Bergamot aswell (a scent i detest!) Would never buy again.

chair
chair

I love this scent! The funny thing thought is that in the bottle it smells like alcohol... but on it smells great!

c3c

At first try I had to agree I wasn't sure where the "Rock" in Rock Princess came from. However after pairing it with an outfit that made me feel a bit sexier than the standard tshirt and jeans I realized that RP felt right at home and indeed does have a darker slightly sultry side. This makes it a player that fits in well on several occasions. And that makes me happy.

RP is slightly tart slightly sweet red berries with a light floral air and a slight feel of coconut and wood. It's light but still has a presence and decent sillage. It's feminine / girly / slightly smoldering, and it's a winner in my book.
I say check it out.

Oh, and I have to add, this is nothing like Supermodel for me. It's far better.

tinyheist
tinyheist

So in all fairness, I was reluctant to put this fragrance with the rest of my collection that are all proudly placed on a vintage serving platter on my vanity. Despite coming to terms with the fact that I'd fallen in love with the scent, it took me a little longer to deal with the forced concept of 'rock princess'. It kind of reminds me of the time I realised that I secretly like Taylor Swift.. I did not know what to do with that for a while.

ANYWAY. I decided to just face facts, this perfume is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, it's just beautiful. It's deep, heady, floral and musky with fresher bursts of peach and blackberry. I get so many compliments when I wear this fragrance and I find it super long lasting.

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok this is an odd one, at first its so super strong and heavy I thought "my god I wish I did not spray this on myself". After that dyed down a little I am left with a scent that oddly enough smells like a chlorine pool, pool rafts & a wet bathing suit. Reminds me of growing up in Florida but I don't think I want to walk around all day smelling like I just got out of the pool, I'm gonna pass on this.

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Sweet Musk and Jasmine mixed with a baby powder scent followed up by a smooth sweet woody notes is what I get when I wear this. It's very different to the other Princesses and that is exactly why I like it so much! Light enough to wear during the day or paired over the body lotion is strong enough to wear in the evening! Beautiful!

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

I wear this perfume regularly because i LOVE it! When i first smelled it from the bottle i wasn't sure but its one of my faves now. Its so wearable and unique and the bottle is absolutely fab!

nikitajade
nikitajade

i love this. it's a darker princess and it's musky violets take me back to my 90's grunge band/high school days. it makes me want to wear black eyeliner and flannels.

SexySpice
SexySpice

Sheesh! So many haters! But this too adds to the true nature that is Rock Princess.

The Rock princess is a princess of the night, but not the princess of darkness. She's not dark in an "Alice in Chains" way, but she's a creature of the night, who comes out to party like a rockstar.

She's rock like a "Party Rock Anthem", shes rock like a "Rock You like a Hurricane." She takes style cues from Ke$ha and David Bowie. She's dark in a way, dark compared to her princess sisters, but not so much dark as she is just different.

She's the bad girl in the company of the good girl princess line, but a princess nonetheless.

Booogie
Booogie

I don't think this one fits in with the rest of the Princesses. This one took me awhile to figure out. At first sniff, I got an unpleasant combo of wine, banana and baby powder. It has the same weirdness that can be off-putting as "L" by Gwen Stefani. But just like "L", give it a few tries and you may understand it a bit more or even like it. Now I think it's actually soft, not candy-sweet like the other Princesses but powdery-sweet. Slightly more mature but not the "dark" fruity-floral it has claimed to be.

fobia
fobia

This and Glam princess are my favorites out of all the vera wang princess perfumes. (Although this one doesn't really smell like the others.) At first I thought it seemed a bit too strong and that I might not like it... but now I can't get enough of it.. and I get compliments when I wear it.

MUZAK PRINCESS would perhaps be a more apt name for ROCK PRINCESS, as it is quite clear that the perfume police have been exerting their mediocritizing influence behind the scenes chez Vera Wang. It's a bit hard to say what precisely ROCK PRINCESS is a faint shadow of, but I'd venture to say something between Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK and LOLITA LEMPICKA. Whatever the ostensible notes of this composition are purported to be, what I smell is a weak and flimsy, lightly licorice-laced solution, approximating the result one would obtain by soaking a rope of artificially flavored licorice in a liter of water for a couple of hours. The solution would be tinged gray, thus matching the glass of the bottle in which it is housed—to my mind, the sole aesthetic virtue of this entire ill-fated flanker production—and it would retain a smattering of the taste of licorice. But would anyone really want to drink it?

The real question, even mystery, in all of this is: why? ROCK PRINCESS is so obviously synthetic (along with its namesake, and now, induction suggests, probably the others as well) that making a stronger solution would hardly have been cost prohibitive. Hence my inference to the best explanation: there must have been an intervention by a member of the undercover perfume police corps. (Or was it just the FDA?)

Amarilla
Amarilla

This one smells exactly like the banana shake powder I mix every each morning for my 1,5 yrs old daughter.
She loves it and I like it too, but don't really want to smell like a semi-artifical baby drink.
Weird (but not horrible) and not really what I'm looking for in a perfume.

cocovixen
cocovixen

I really like this scent,i would even say it is my signature scent.i like it because it has just the right amount of floral vs musky/earthy smell.the floral is quiet subtle which i like because it gives off a very relaxed smell especially for day wear.

takeasniff

I have been using this for a while and it comes across as something JLo would design for night time. It is a dark tropical smell on me as in bananas and coconut. I love it. I don't think it is only for teenagers and I agree with a reviewer on here who is annoyed with the reference to teenagers. If this was in a chanel bottle I am sure no one would say it is for teenagers. Why do people think teenagers have no class. I know of a few teenagers who like some really heady expensive perfumes but they also enjoy these types of scents as well. I think just because it says princess and has the little crown people don't give it a chance. Just say you don't like this type of fragrance but stop always labelling something as "Oh it's more for teenagers" or "I could see a very young kid wearing it." Common people, perfume is just a matter of personal taste not age when are we going to get that? It becomes a little insulting after a while. :(

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Well this is one of my mothers faves and she is in her late 50's - Lol , Deffo not a Teen!!

I tried it at her house , its nice and for any age if you like it !

Lia875
Lia875

I think people should stop leaving such rude comments about it being to girly and only for teenagers. If you are going to review a product or planning to, you should sample it to begin with then buying it right away. I have never tried this line before,and i would like to,but everyone seems to be older than a teenager. Why can't you let the teenagers thoughts be expressed? I happen to be 13 years old,and i'm looking for a 2nd perfume. My first 1 happens to be Harajuku Sunshine Lovers Music. I am looking for a nice back to school fall/winter perfume. I'm going to sample the Britany Spears Midnight Fantasy,Fantsy,Viva La Juicy,Acqua di Gio,Lucky You,L.A.M.B,and Daisy by marc jacobs. If you have any inside for those,like if they are good for winter/fall,and know anyone who enjoys those please leave a comment.Someone in the age range of a teenager,a mom who bought for child,or an adult who respects these products(meaning it didnt work for me instead of it smelled like crap)Are there any other perfumes that you would sudjest for a 13 year old or young adult-Is THIS product worth your 2cents?

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I like all the *Princess* range, but this is one that stands out for me, because it is so different from its sister scents.

I consider Rock Princess as being the fun outgoing slightly more grown up sister to the demure original Princess.

It starts out with a sharp burst of raspberry and other juicy fruits. Perhaps that is the "rock" part of this fragrance, as it does announce itself with vigor.

Rock Princess then calms down a little as the rose and jasmine soothe the sharpness of the fruits.

The dry down is a delicate fruity musk on me. Perhaps that represents the calmness a real rock princess feels after she has danced the night away.

All in all it's a very nice perfume. Yes, it may be aimed at a younger audience but it's still a more mature scent than others in the Princess range.

The unfortunate downside that I encounter with most Vera Wang perfumes is that they don't last longer than a few hours, and this one isn't an exception.

Still it's fun and flirty and good for wear in the day time or at night.

eva.90
eva.90

There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "ROCK" about this perfume! It's unbearable girly, too sweet, and just nothing special for me. It's for teenager girls...

aquavelour
aquavelour

After my usual, Flowerbomb this fragrance, at a discount ($30) is a nice change. Knew I loved preppy princess at least in magazine. Rock princess is sexy and definitely sultry but youthful as many mentioned. My boyfriend loves it. Yes he is v young ;) I will always wear Flowerbomb and a few others but this is a fun trend and I much enjoy it.

takeasniff

I got an unboxed one of these also missing the crown cap and ring. I got it at a discount perfume outlet at DFO here in Australia. I had no idea what it would smell like so I just gave it a go. On me, it smells like cherries and bannana. It is a little spicey at times. It took me several tries before I could spray it and leave it on all day without washing it off. It lasts quite well because it is a thicker darker syrupy smell compared to her other princess perfumes. Now I do like it but typical it is a limited edition. I am sure I can get it easily enough on the internet as it is not as popular as the other princess perfume so there will be more for those of us who do like it. This one is a test before buy because it is not an innocent chocolate fluff smell it is quite potent and you will either appreciate what Vera has tried to do here or you won't like it at all.

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

agree w/ another review, smells like cheap wine pluse cough syrup. i wanted to like this so bad b/c of the awesome bottle, but this is just horrible on me. i washed it off after about 5 minutes, couldn't stand it.

lauraa
lauraa

This scent for some reason is ALL spicey to me, even though I don't notice any spices in the notes. It may just be my body chemistry because Hidden Fantasy comes off disgustingly spicey on me with the clove in the notes but it smells all orangey and wonderful on my best friend. So I guess I have an unlucky body chemistry that makes things super spicey smelling? I don't notice any fruityness in this fragrance it is basically all this spicey concocture which may be the cashmere wood because I detect the spicey aroma in Glam Princess which also has cashmere wood but it is much more subtle. Oh well, I do notice the similarities to the original princess wich makes me sad that I have to return it but it doesn't work with me.

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

This reminds me quite a bit of Bath and Body Works' "Dark Kiss".

Adorabella
Adorabella

I got this as a gift and I love the bottle. But the scent inside? Not so much. It reminds me of something a teenage girl might wear. It's not necessarily a bad scent, just too youthful for me. If I were to use it it would be good for summer/daytime wear. I will keep it for the bottle though. It looks nice in my perfume cabinet. :)

lovelylady

Its really different. There are so many perfumes that smell exactly the same but to me this on is distinct. Its powdery-musky ambiance but its deeply floral as well. Also, this scent has longevity compared to other perfumes. It stays on throughout the day.If I could rename this perfume it would be called Arabian princess because if you leave it on for a while it has a dewey ,sultry scent.

olga1780
olga1780

I bought it for my 6-year-old daughter for her birthday and she was thrilled about it, but i can't see myself wearing it at 31, even on gun point.

gigiletta
gigiletta

smells like cheap wine but not bad,joyful,young and happy,end of the day only peach and musk stay on my arm.

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

This perfume was an impulse purchase. When I got home and actually smelled it I was disappointed. This perfume smells too musky for me. I don't smell any coconut or banana. Not a 'fresh' smell. It does last long though.

sharyssa

I have to review this again because since I have had it I haven't used it and the other day I sprayed some on and I said to myself "man I really do like this one". I would repurchase I guess but for now I still have a full bottle lol! Overall I do like this alot but yet flower princess is still my favorite.

Rock princess smells very different on paper and on my skin.
on my skin it starts sweet like pear.then it becomes something that is to my nose exactly like sour cherry.not bad at all,but I'm wondering where I'm getting this strong sour cherry syrup note!it may be because of raspberry.
on paper it's totally flat and the middles notes are somehow spicy.
I agree it has nothing much to do with it's name and the bottle(though I like both name and bottle).but I can imagine Avril Lavin wearing Rock princess.it's more about a teenager Rock Princess.
the long lasting power is ok,but I'm unsure about he sillage.I have to smell it behind my nose to feel it.

sugarbaby
sugarbaby

this parfum is unique,so femmine,gentle & shic,i will bye it again,perfekt for every timewere

secretcrush
secretcrush

I got this 4 my birthday yesterday and I have 2 say I quite liked its fruity/floralness w/ and edge... The patchouli and the musk made it dark and mysterious just like the bottle and box suggest... The peach and raspberry are apparent as is patchouli which isnt listed here... A nice change indeed!!!

guest_Guest
guest_Guest

smells alot like halloween by j del pozo but halloween smells better.

willowylolita
willowylolita

the initial smell is sharp n there was once when i sprayed it in my classroom, one of my friends loudly commented tt the class smells like cough syrup. of course i kept quiet. haha. but after the medicine like smell it went on to smell sweet n musky, although it is kinda flat in general n somehow a little bit artificial somewhere in between. bought it for the crown, will never buy it again.

guest_kimmiehi
guest_kimmiehi

I do not understand all of the negative reviews. I asked for this perfume for christmas and I have used it almost every day since. Some other users are saying that the scent is too strong, but personally that is one of my favourite things about this perfume. I only need one squirt on one wrist and it does both wrists and both sides of my neck, the scent also seems to last most of the day. I am very novice when it comes to detecting the different scents n a perfume and just focus on whether I like it as a whole and I find this a very pleasant smell and have received many compliments. After this bottle is done I would not hesitate to repurchase it.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is quite an unusual scent. I smell the banana and coconut in it and I find the blend very interesting!
I imagined something darker, though...
But it smells really good, I like it, it´s good for an easy summer day because it´s somehow playful and sweet (but not candy-sweet).

I will buy the original "Princess", too, and then I will compare them! :-)

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

Does not smell perfumey at all on me. More like sweet bread. I smell it when I want to be reminded of my Hungarian uncles' kitchen.

panda0410
panda0410

Heavy fruity floral, I'm inclined to say gourmand. Its got a deep powdery musky base, yet somehow remains slightly crisp. This one is fruity, the raspberry in this is lovely, not like Dior Shine however which is absolutely sparkling, this perfume definitely reminds me of a late night boozed up grunge rock out, and yes - there is a slightly alcohol-y scent to this which you need to be mindful of. I actually decanted half of my bottle and gave it to a friend, she noted the alcohol (booze) tone to immediately, but rather liked the fruity musky drydown. Its a darker deeper scent and rather heavy, not one for the work office or date night.... I actually do like it, but not enough to re-purchase, once my bottle is finished I will not look for another.

Nadinka
Nadinka

the first time i smelled this i was testing both rock princess and the original and honestly in the beginning they kind of smelled similar, this was probably due to all the other perfumes that were around. when i actually sprayed it on my skin the first thing i smelled was something kind of sour and sharp, then it kind of mellowed out to a little bit on a fruity soap smell, okay so far not great, but surprisingly enough the dry down is pretty good. this isn't my favorite perfume and but i do like it, and the lasting power is very good, especially compared to the original. overall i think i would wear this in the summer/spring just because the initial notes are citricy and the dry down actually smells very clean.

Amorey
Amorey

When i was got this smell for the first time, I felt warm and strange to this one. But after 2 weeks later I started to addict this one. It smells really great and long lasting power also good.

guest_Justine
guest_Justine

I bought this after hearing great things, plus the name stood out to me. I spent 35 dollars and upon opening it I regretted it. Before spraying it and immediately after, all I smelled was pepper and cough syrup. It's not much different after the initial spray wears off. Smells more like patchouli, wood and baby powder to me. Ew.

michelle_belle_de_jour
michelle_belle_de_jour

This is my least favorite perfume out of all the VW Princess scents. To me, the name fits the scent but the perfume it self smells like a drunk girl at a dive-bar, which ricks of gen and too much vodka.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

one word: boring. just the typical teen, fruity drenched in a lot of alcohol. i don't see what's so "rock" about it.

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

Since somewhat like the smell of Princess, I decided to give this one a shot, the giftset with the rollerball and lotion and perfume was on for a great deal and I thought, well why not ? I'll tell you why not, it's HORRID !!! Floral fruity is not what I would use to describe this fragrance, it just smells AWFUL !!! I agree tht it is very rock and roll since this basically smells like sweat mixed with pheromones, throw in some musk and yo're good to go. Bought it today and back it is going today !!!! UGH !!!

sofiii
sofiii

Rock Princess is more breathble than the original Princess. The original is too sweet and cloying to me.

Rock Princess starts with a some really nice fruity smell, which smells really like bananas, seriously, bananas, even though it's not in the notes. It smells synthetic, but in a nice, non-headach-inducing way :-) (normally synthetic fruity notes makes me nausea)

The top fresh notes goes away really quick and left with an optmistic sweet floral smell. The sweetness is cute, much less bold and different than the original one.

Then it dries in a linear fashion with gradually increasing creamy scent, I guess it's due to the coconut? It's the coconut in a natural way, not the kinda tropical perfume way, which I find really wearable and cute.

guest_nerdfighter11
guest_nerdfighter11

I'm going to be sixteen this coming spring, so Rock Princess by Vera Wang really inspired me. The original Princess itself really gives off a chokingly sweet, girly scent, and that's not my taste, so when I finally saw a rougher edge coming out of this fragrance line, I was eager to try it. I got it this morning for Christmas(!!!) and I wore it to someone's house where we were visiting and everyone loved it.
I love this perfume. It's kinda strange when you smell it on the package, and as I sprayed it on myself I sensed a strange scent like some kind of heavy vodka. But as it began to dry, I immediately fell in love with it. It's different- it's got a darker feel to it, the sweetness isn't so heavy as it blends flawlessly with the coconut and sandalwood type note. The bottle is so cool- I'm loving the secret studded ring! I, as a teenager, am proud to call Rock Princess my first official scent, and my friends... well, let's just say they won't be finding out what this is any time soon. This perfume ROCKS!

guest_Jessica
guest_Jessica

I only tried this as a sample, but I instantly disliked it. It had a really strong peppery smell on me, or something yucky that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Disappointing because I love love love the original Princess scent and the Rock Princess bottle is so cool. I really wanted to like it. Maybe it was just my body chemistry or sense of smell because my friends seem to like it.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I am not fond of the Princess line, but this one I thought held the most promise. I really liked it when I first sprayed it on. WHen I got home...'where did it go'? It just disappeared. I prefer my perfumes to stick around for at least a few hours!

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

Love the scent, but has no staying power on the skin. I spray it on my hair and clothes so the scent lingers longer.

mwater1
mwater1

I guess Vera Wang Rock Princess is a 'love it' or 'hate it' type of concoction.

I happen to love it. It begins on a semi-sweet note of juicy peach with a hint of raspberry with the bergamont making only a momentary appearance. This is a plus for me as I feel that bergamont is waaayyy over-used in most fragrances and sometimes lends a 'cold' or 'harsh' tone to a lot of fragrances.

It's not sugary sweet like Princess and it's warmer than Flower Princess. The heliotrope and lily round out Rock Princess in the heart notes while the peach lingers. The stars of this fragrance are in the drydown. The drydown is unbelievable. Instead of coconut as I'm used to smelling it, it has a cocoa butter type drydown to it. I suppose that this is due to the musk and cashmere wood.

Rock Princess is utterly edible throughout the fragrance. To me it smells like my grandma's peach tart. Slightly spicy and buttery with warm baked peaches. Reminds me of Christmas!

When we did the sniff test, my husband favored Rock Princess second after the original Princess fragrances. Rock Princess is my favorite of the three, but I do like all of them. The only negative is that it only lasted for about 6 hours on me. I'll need to purchase the lotion in order to layer the fragrance. I rate it an 8 out of 10.

taylor
taylor

i like the original princess, and i really wanted a chance to buy this because the bottle is so gorgeous. the perfume inside the pretty bottle disappointed me though. there´s nothing "rock" about it, it´s just floral fruity and nothing original.

c3c

The rose, and jasmine seem to be the main notes in this, at least on my skin. Any raspberry, peach, or coconut are very very light additions (and the notes I was hoping for). If your a rose fan I would say you should give this a chance. Sweet and floral. Nice but not really what I was looking for.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

I thought it just may be made for me, but when I sniffed it.. I was confused. It reminds me of bananas covered with chocolate and sprinkled with coconut chips. Delicious, but more "nice" than "rock nad roll"... It lacks a "claw".

jonr951

sharyssa, may I ask where u live? 32 bucks for a 3.4oz Rock Princess is such an amazing deal!! Un-heard of really!! I'm so jealous!! I need to hit all my Marshalls to find it!! Congrats on such an amazing deal!

sharyssa

I got this today at Marshalls a 3.4 oz for $32.00 on discount.I am happy with it.I seen it yesterday and I had to go back and get it today.I like the bottle alot my son says it stands out from all of the others in my collection.It is very light and I would say lighter than the original I guess someone would have to be right up on me to smell it. It does smell familiar to me like a light sweet candy scent maybe those little valentines candy hearts and I do detect some bannana in this.Overall I give it a 4 out of 5 only because it is too light.I wouldn't repurchase but it is nice to have.Now I need Flower Princess and all 3 lotions and I have the collection.

Nea
Nea

I think this is very nice but not at all "rock". And I smell the bananas too, like moonruby :D I didn't like the previous Princess scents, this is my favorite!

moonruby
moonruby

Is it just me? or did anyone else detect a rather bizarre Banana scent?

I sprayed it on and I came out of the department store smelling like a banana smoothie.

nasus s
nasus s

I strongly dislike everything else in the Princess line, but this one has grown on me. Forget the bottle and the name, and this is an interesting scent.

I first smelled it on a blotter at Ulta & wasn't sure about it. A few weeks later I smelled it on someone else and absolutely loved it- it smelled sweet and edible (kudos to the random strangers who will tell you what they are wearing). When I finally caved and bought it along with the lotion I was still mixed at first, but now I really like it. It's a weird mix- kinda foody and warm, even a touch masculine somehow, but it works out well in the end. There's a lot going on with the notes in this one, but it gets points for being different. I don't smell the middle/flowery notes mentioned in the description much at all. I am still sniffing my wrists a lot every time I wear it. Also, the staying power is very good.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I absolutley love the original Princess. So I wanted to try this one when I found it in Parelle Cosmetics. So I liked the opening which reminded me of Angel. It was probabilly the coconut that reminded me of Angel so I thought I was going to love it. But I was wrong. Three seconds later it turns into something that smells like bug spray. I can't really explain it but it sort of turns sour and then it suddenly disappeared. It did not last very long at all. However I did like the bottle sad that I loathed the scent.
I took a look at the notes. Now I realized there was no coconut in the opening. But that's so strange since that was the frist note that I managed to detect =S.

a friend gave me a bottle for my birthday, it intitally smells lovely,but then turns a bit spicey smelling on my skin and i find it doesnt last very long at all!

babybomb
babybomb

Rock Princess? I don't see any of that in it and I NEVER imagined it would smell like what i smelt... its wayyy 2 sweet!..
RP was alright at first when the bergamot and peaches hadn't left, however after a while this strong, fake smelling floral scent came out.. and lasted for ages n ages.. so over powering i just felt like i needed a shower that very moment! >< i guess this is another one thats not for me..

I was pressured by a sales assistant into trying this fragrance because she thought it would suit me. I must admit that I was actually offended that she would suggest me sweet and candy-like fragrances based purely upon my young age.

I might be 18, but this fragrance certainly does not have me hooked. It's not like it's an unpleasant fragrance, because it's not, however the older I become the more I distance myself from 'teen' scents.

Like a reviewer mentioned below, this isn't the fragrance for a rock chick. It's more suited to a young girl with a love for sweet, flirtatious and innocent smells.

It's flowery, it's sugary and it's definitely not for me.

The lasting power is so-so, however try layering it with the matching body lotion, I saw a slight improvement with the scent and the lasting strength when I layered the two.

Sweet and pink smelling, so I don't see how that is a rock scent. It would be rather nice in a pretty girl way if the powdery notes didn’t go sticky and murky on my skin. It’s definitely a princess scent, and in that I also mean a younger scent. I’ll probably offend people when I say this, but this is the kind of scent I would expect on a girl wearing a “Bow to the Princess” type of t-shirt. Well, consider the name. But still, it has more elegance than the usual fruity floral aimed at the younger crowd and the musk/rose/wood probably accounts for the dressier feeling. Not a kiddy scent in any way, but still a little to precociously Diva for me to like. And that murky dry down makes it smell like they used cheap ingredients, like a drugstore perfume. (Not that some drugstore scents aren't great, but this isn't one of them.)Disappointing from such a big name perfumer.

ca.comMiss_Binky
ca.comMiss_Binky

I am really oddly unsure of this-my first impression was that of the scent of scented monthly feminine hygeine products, then or athletes' foot spray-when it dried down after about an hour and a half tho, it had a really nice incensey smell

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

this is so terrible and im very dissappointed..the drydown is awful and i thought it was just me but i let my BFFFFL try the sample on, told her to wait at least 15-20min and then she'll get the true scent and we BOTH AGREED..at 1st it smells fruity, almost citrusy then drys to a harsh, almost manly finish??? the notes just do not work well together..sorry! her PRINCESS is my FAVE! so i was quite upset this wasnt done as good..i will continue to use the original Princess...

sfsassy
sfsassy

I went into this really wanting to like this scent. I like all the notes. At first spray I thought it was a blast of cheap plastic fruits and it did not do much for me.

But now....30 minutes later....The dry scent is PERFECT. It's a light powdery rose/raspberry. Not too strong and not too light. I have it on now with the lotions and I think that really helps the staying power.

I will 100% buy a bottle now.

BethAshley
BethAshley

The disconnect between the marketing and the actual fragrance really threw me off. This fragrance is VERY fruity. I'm sure many people will think the perfume is lovely but it is NOT for a rocker at all - It is sweet and girly without edge.

They have also ruined the bottle with cheap looking silver paint. What happened to the Vera Wang brand being about elegance and romance??

Overall Rock Princess is all Princess no Rock.

coco76
coco76

wow, what a surprise for me! finally a vera wang princess I can wear...the other two have water lily in them which I find positively heinous and completely offensive to my sinuses..this one however is quite soft and gentle and I have to say I actually really like it! very sheer and light, if you are like me and did not like the other two incarnations of princess don't hesitate to try this one!

Kasku
Kasku

I really like the peachy-respberry opening. However, when it settles down it compelety looses it. Too bad , cause the fruity notes give it a summery and happy atmosphere. I quess few people have this impression, that it smells really good at the beging but later it's not much interesting anymore.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

i love the smell of this perfume when its first sprayed then i hate it. smells minty or soapy the bottle is cute though.

smachica
smachica

sooooo disappointed, smells very generic! When I put it on my skin it reminds me of hairpray or lotion. Yuck!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Jon, I saw your posts on Now Smell This as well. May I ask where you're from? I saw you said you smelled this at Macy's. I hope my Macy's gets this soon!

jonr951

This one has to be my favorite from the Princess line. It's sweet but not to sweet. It doesn't smell like ure typical fruity floral. The fruits are tart and the florals are actually noticable. It isn't sweet candy throughout. It transitions from the peach and raspberry to the rose, jasmine, and lily. U can definitely smell the coconut in the bottom notes. I really like it and the bottle is just awesome. Very rock n' roll and I'll definitely be getting it soon. 5 outta 5 stars! It's great!

Rock Princess by Vera Wang 3.60 out of 5 based on 378 ratings and 102 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Rock Princess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Rock Princess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rock Princess by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rock Princess by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.