Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Sheer Veil Vera Wang for women

Sheer Veil Vera Wang for women
dislike

Sheer Veil Vera Wang for women Pictures

This limited 2005 edition brings us the floral bliss of Champagne rose and lavender. The heart is touched by delicate powdery notes of dewy violet that wrap the luscious dream rose like a veil. The base intoxicates with pure and sweet intensive notes of white Stephanotis, gardenia and white lily. It is available as 100ml EDP.

Lily Gardenia Lavender Violet Rose

Eternity Summer 2014

Sheer Veil Fragrance Reviews

MarTesla
MarTesla

GORGEOUS white floral perfume, probably my favorite floral perfume. Creamy, floral fresh, sexy, chic and elegant. Long lasting. FTW!

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

This perfume only lasts about one hour on my skin. First 20 minutes I smell all the notes together. It smells good, but there is an edge that gives me a headache. Second 20 the lavender and rose come out, its gorgeous. Clean and sweet. Third twenty is mostly rose, with the white flower background. Nice, but a little boring. I really wish the freshness of the lavender stuck around. And then its COMPLETELY gone. Its a very formal scent to me, perfect for a wedding. I wanted to like this, but the longevity and the headache at the beginning ruined it for me.

username101
username101

I would describe this as sparkling white flower bouquet fragrance. Interestingly there's some delicious note to it, even though it's not overtly fruity in your face kind of way. Maybe freesia or something along that line. Surprising to see that I had this for a few years and it still retains the watery note to it, because many fragrances I had that had watery notes would lose it if I have kept them for such length of time. For me this fragrance rates about 3.5 on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest) because while it is well made and I don't dislike it, it's not so personal or special to me.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I like the heavy weight and thickness of the glass. It just seems so much more elegant to me. The color is appropriate and beautiful. There is no inappropriate season for this. The gardenia isn't harsh along with the other notes. In one word, I'd have to say this scent is graceful, so carry your head high with a smile in your eyes. Glad to have this in my collection. As much as I like this though, it's not worth the full price one can pay. If you find this at a great discount, JUMP on it!

I'm surprised by Sheer Veil's fruitiness. It was an accord I didn't expect to find in this fragrance. It does provide some crisp and fresh qualities, however I was hoping that Sheer Veil would be a straight-up floral.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that the dominant fruitiness originates from a green apple note in the top notes. Fresh, dew-drenched lily is the second most dominant note on my skin, further implementing Sheer Veil's refreshingly feminine approach.

As you may have guessed, Sheer Veil is a Spring and Summer scent. Do I think it appropriate for a bride on her wedding day? Yes, I do. However, with that being said, my perfect bridal fragrance is a little different, much more floral and heady, but then again, I want to be married in the Fall.

My adored lavender is unfortunately too subtle for me to detect in Sheer Veil. Lily and violet rein supreme in this composition, and remain fairly linear throughout. I do however admire the quality of this scent, noting its strong presence and elegant aroma.

Sheer Veil is fairly good in terms of longevity, and is pleasant, clean and inoffensive. I find it just as appealing as Vera Wang's Bouquet, another crisp floral from this house.

Jaydomax
Jaydomax

I really love this. It was a blind buy based on the reviews here - thanks fragranticians! I normally find that floral scents can turn rather rank, like flowers that have been left in the vase for far too long. This doesn't do that at all. It stays light, clean and fragrant from the minute it goes on to the minute it fades away and my only grouch is that it fades within a few hours. I think thats me though - very few perfumes seem to stick around for the long haul. I like this much more than the original and I always want to have a bottle of this around. Plus, the bottle is gorgeous.

b.w.1185
b.w.1185

This smells absolutely divine. It is heaven in a bottle. Period.

icekat
icekat

The snowy white lily is the main star in this elegant and beautiful white floral perfume. Sheer Veil is perfect in its pure cool shades of white and pale blue. There is nothing out of place in this carefully arranged bouquet. But though Sheer Veil is ultra feminine and attractive, there is a cool aura about this scent that makes it distant and formal for me. It is almost like its pure beauty is to be admired but not touched. I love it but yet it is not a scent I will cuddle with but I will wear it when I want to feel special and distinguished.

As soon as the scent opens I am surrounded by a crispy white lily. I have a great affection for lily scents, which could be interpreted as cool and crisp or sweet and heady. Sheer Veil brings forward the cool and crisp personality of a lily. I love how the lavender adds gentle aromatic layer and gardenia gives a nice accent to the floral bouquet. It is interesting that unlike other scents, Sheer Veil remains floral all the way through into the dry down and in the dry down. Just pure and sheer floral bouquet that keeps on going and going as the lasting power is quite good.

Overall score is 7.5/10. The main focus of Vera Wang line is on the wedding dresses and I do think that Sheer Veil could be used as a wedding scent with its pure elegance of a crisp and cool white floral. It is one of my favorite crisp and clear lily perfumes.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

The creamy white florals here make this fragrance come across as a beautiful, elegant, mature fragrance. The only downside is that it's not versatile and is only suitable for the spring/summer. I don't know if it's just me but do any of you feel like this perfume is very reminiscent of Daisy by Marc Jacobs? Or it's the other way around since this seems to have been launched before Daisy. I'm sure those that love Daisy will definitely love this gem. Either way, sheer veil is definitely the older sister here in terms of the smell and the vibe it gives off so if you like daisy definitely give this a sniff :)

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I underestimated this perfume when I first was sampling some of Vera Wang's perfumes. I ended up buying the original (orange liquid) and do like it, but like this more. This scent has a creaminess to it that I love even more than the original. The original has more of a sharpness to it from the mandarin and lotus flower while this scent wafts about me with its creamy white flowers, I feel its aura around me even after a few hours. It doesn't turn too powdery from the violets either which is a plus. It retains the smell of its initial floral accord throughout the drydown. The lavender mixed with the gardenia is gorgeous.

What an amazing perfume!!! I just bought it today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

susan1326
susan1326

LOVE IT! Very clean without being soapy. Truly, a sheer veil of assorted florals which didn't induce a headache (sometimes white florals can do that for me). If perfumes have colors, this would be pink or clear for me, not the lavender color it is. That color always makes me think of violets, and I don't find them here even though they are listed. Perhaps I am thinking of the loud violet present in Daisy. But this is a very classy, close-to-the-skin scent that will leave you sniffing your arm randomly throughout the day. And who beside me has been caught doing that? The quirks of being a fume-head!

Eilonwy74
Eilonwy74

I came by this perfume when it was mysteriously left in my class room when I was teaching. No one ever claimed it, so at the end of the year I took it with me. I only wish the smell were stronger. It's nice and light, so it has an appeal on hot, sticky days, but it never lasts long on my skin. In theory, I love the soft floral of this perfume, but in practice it falls short for me.

anna.023
anna.023

I had expected something very sheer and soft, like a "skin scent" almost.. I really get a lot of sticky citrus, at first I thought it would only last a few minutes and then go away, but it's really hanging in there! I dont get any of the soft florals really, just a sharp, clean citrus. This was going as a gift for a friend that really loves soft florals, but I think it will have to stay with me. Not because I like it, but I think I will be offending her taste by giving her this. :(

pingui
pingui

I'm probably going to date myself with this review, but here it goes anyway. There is something about this scent that takes me back to girlhood, when I would visit Laura Ashley retail stores with my mother. I was entranced by the beautiful, romantic, and often floral printed dresses. The stores always had a floral scent to the air, maybe a Laura Ashley perfume (?), like an English bouquet of flowers still fresh with dew on the petals.

Sheer Veil reminds me of these visits. The opening is a soft rose tempered by a hint of lavender. I get the violet and lily as well. For a fragrance that is all beautiful flowers, it has a surprising depth to it. I adore that everything is light, not one note stands out more than the rest. What this fragrance achieves is the combined scent of a fresh bouquet of flowers, and that in itself is quite beautiful. This has become of favorite of mine as well as my boyfriend's.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Sheer Veil is a very fresh and pure fragrance. A bouquet of fresh flowers that descends into a beautiful powdery finish. If you love the purity of floral aromas, this one is for you. Perfect for very hot Australian summers and the lasting power is quite good too. I have put a tiny dab on my wrist and it has lasted about 6-7 hours. Firstly, vintage roses and a hint of lavender, then I smell the gardenia, violet and lily. Vintage roses and subtle lavender are the stars here.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Vera Wang Sheer Veil is radiant and feminine. The sophisticated champagne rose is clean, crisp, and green. Soft violet for a light powdery scent with blossoming florals of fresh gardenia and white lily. The perfect wedding day fragrance!

lavender sage
lavender sage

I wore this for my wedding in early September, and while it's a beautiful scent, there is no staying power at all. I had even layered it with the shower gel and lotion that day, and brought a mini bottle to apply some before the reception.
Later in the evening as I was greeting guests, one of the ladies there smelled amazing, and I had to ask her what she was wearing - Coco Mademoiselle. I wished that I had bought that instead!

flower
flower

I absolutely love this fragrance especially the dry down it is fresh and clean smelling, but I feel that someone is always sneezing around me :-( As a high school teacher, I am around many students, and in each class someone starts sneezing on the days I wear this perfume. I love it though, so, I am going to say that it is due to the dusty old building lol

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

When I first spray this perfume it smells SOOOO good. I just can't stop sniffing and sniffing in the air around me. It's the only perfume that I have ever really loved on first sniff. It still wears well on the skin hours later though. I get rose and lavender and some violet as well. It's like a flower garden after a fresh spring rain has come through. This smells exactly like what you would expect a beautiful wedding bouqet to smell like as well, which is why it would be great for a bride (wish it had been around when I got married). The bottle is very pretty and the nice lavender color of the actual perfume make a nice addition to my collection. Perfect for summer or spring because of the beautiful floral bouquet that exudes from it. Could be worn to the office without offending anyone I think and even nice for a romantic evening. This is a girly-girl fragrance, ultra feminine. My husband, who rarely comments on perfume, always says I smell good with this one on.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Now this one I like, It is better than the truly pink which I find horrible and stinks like a funeral home with roses everywhere

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Sheer Veil is like a wedding veil kissed with the scent of a bride's bouquet. Lily and violet are the most discernable with a soft, romantic heart.

Naturally feminine, charming and lovely. Unpretentiously pure with a graceful ease.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I love this one. I have it in a nice sized body lotion and use it fresh after a shower and it is heavenly. The rose and violets mingle together to pack a "fresh" punch...but the overall affect is clean and elegant and yes, "sheer" in its overall feeling. Smells clean and classy to me...the way I want to smell. PS: I am a violet lover!

Sissi
Sissi

Fresh opening of rain soaked violets begins this quiet
grace purple lavender invigorates the senses; white lily
with a diluted spiciness dries the heart of the perfume
Gardenia must has to be the shyest flower of this scent
it's hard to detect like a elusive secret.

Simplicity is the most beautiful art this modest
scent may not be the first to be noticed in a
crowd but it has it's own beauty an minimalistic
elegance that says less is more.

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

While many perfumes create visions of loud, overstyled and polished women in sexy dresses this one creates the vision a natural beauty, looking good in T-Shirt and jeans though perfectly breathtaking in an evening gown.

That kind of natural beauty would smell like Sheer Veil, a very natural smelling fragrance lightly overseen but nontheless adorable. Light but lasting it clings to the skin and caresses with airy wafts of the most gorgious lavender accompanied by veils of mellow rose and dewy violet. It is subtle and kind of simple which makes its beauty standing out to me out of all the loud fragrances.

This one works out any day, with a casual outfit when working in the garden or on a special night with evening gown. It appears young to me, though any woman could wear it, aslong she's somehow natural looking you know.

A lot of men like that fragrance, I guess because it's really natural smelling like you've been a lot out of doors in a garden where roses, lavender and gardenia bloom still sparkling with morning dew.

xyelox
xyelox

a romantic scent i must say, suitable for the evenings. love it!

guest_ComfyCat
guest_ComfyCat

Very lovely grown up-kind of scent. A cool, frosted wedding bouquet that stays close to the skin. It lasts all day (on me) and develops into a soft creamy skin scent, touched by some flowers.

Terri77
Terri77

I didn't even realize that there was a scent released between the original and the Sheer Veil. I have both of these and I think I prefer the Sheer Veil just a little more than the original. Both are excellent scents.

I mostly feel the lavender note in this fragrance. I don't like a lavender a lot, but this light floral fragrance is really nice and it smells natural.

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

This was my Wedding day fragrance and everytime I smell it now it just takes me back....
A long-lasting, grown up floral without the sickly-sweet fruit that some bring in.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is one of my favorites, the lavender comes out with a hint of rose and its just gorgeous, very long lasting and sophisticated. It's also not heavy but you can tell I'm wearing something but its not overpowering. Love it!!

ramiske
ramiske

To me, this is very similar to Bouquet. I like them both, but can't quite decide which I prefer. I kind of wish I hadn't purchased both of them. Too similar, but very nice and sophisticated.

Montie_M
Montie_M

For a price of Vera Wang, I expected something better, something more long lasting, esp since the top notes burst in a very nice/modern way. I could smell rose and lavender. But, it dries down into something floral with lily predominantly stayed on my skin. Thus, I don't think this will be my favorite, especially as I have to spray it at exactly each hour.

Aysu
Aysu

What is the difference between original Vera Wang and this one? I was expecting a fresh smell maybe due to blue colour and more lavender notes as described, but I could not detect any difference with the original one. It is just an ordinary floral smell, nothing special.. If you order this online without trying, do not expect something different than the original one.. Oh well, staying power is better than the original though I have to admit.. They say oils were increased in it.. Previous one used to disappaer in 15 minutes on my skin and I am not the only one who thinks that way

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

I received a sample of this and it's wearable. I would classify it as modern and romantic but reminds me of something I would wear on my wedding day. Perhaps that was the intent, as the name shows.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I love Sheer Veil.. it is a mature fragrance, not girlish like Princess. It has a soft, almost lavendar overtone to it. I love it for daytime office wear but works great for an evening affair as well.

2007

Sheer Veil by Vera Wang 3.97 out of 5 based on 153 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Sheer Veil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Sheer Veil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sheer Veil by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sheer Veil by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.