Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Truly Pink Vera Wang for women

Truly Pink Vera Wang for women
dislike

Truly Pink Vera Wang for women Pictures Truly Pink Vera Wang for women Pictures

Truly Pink is a fragrance for women launched in 2006. Vested in floral dress, its top notes bring us white freesia united with apricot and litchi. The heart is composed of peony, pink rose and lily of the valley, and the base notes are iris and creamy woodsy notes.

Vera Wang says: “For me, Truly Pink is the embodiment of pure femininity... enchanting and forever in bloom.”
It comes as 50ml and 100ml EDP.

Freesia Litchi Cassia

Peony Lily-of-the-Valley Pink Rose

iris Woodsy Notes

Bvlgari Rose Essentielle Eau De Toilette Rosee
Bright Crystal

Truly Pink Fragrance Reviews

Soie
Soie

An exhilarating opening of breezy, fresh freesia, and redolent with notes of ripe apricot, musky litchi fruit & the tang of black currant leaf.

A floral bouquet of the bright sweet peony, rose & warm muguet heart blends with the fruity headnotes. The overall effect here is one of pink roses and juicy sweet fruits, in actuality, though, the strongest scent here, TMN is from the note of peony, with the sensual aroma of muguet being apparent as well. The rose note, almost neck & neck in strength with the peony, to my nose smells more like a deep, rich, red rose then it does the more delicately-scent pink variety.

A short while after the heartnotes take centerstage the fragrance begins to mellow down while becoming soapy, airier and less sweet with the introduction of the endnotes of iris and woods.

For me Truly Pink is elegant, feminine and romantic. As it is a bit heady, it seems more apropos of formal wear than, say, jeans and a tee shirt.

It is a comforting scent as well, and as I do like it it very much, I will sometimes, for my own indulgence, wear it just around the house.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

it's just like burying your nose in a bunch of roses! Brings back memories from Middle School, when I had an obsession with the Body Shop bath beads and I would take a bath with a tea rose scented one before a school dance. Very nice, crisp, fresh rose scent but unfortunately it doesn't last very long on me :(

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

I was given this as a gift because I love the smell of roses and it is pleasantly rosy, if not terribly unique. I enjoy the woody opening but that burns off very quickly even though woody notes are usually the last to fade. In fact the whole things fades very quickly, which is disappointing for a relatively expensive scent. It looks great on my dresser but I don't buy perfumes for how they look and I won't buy this again if I ever get to the end of this gigantic 100ml bottle.

GypsyButterfly
GypsyButterfly

On me this is a nice clear rose. It's girly and floral but I really like that! I would use it for daytime events where I want to smell sweet and feminine and innocently sexy. I don't get any of the chemically smell in the drydown like some others. It starts out with moderate sillage but then dries down very close to the skin. I think I would need to reapply it a few times throughout the day, but a little of the scent lingers right on my skin the morning after. This one got me several compliments. I want it!

gwenea
gwenea

If you've ever buried your nose into a fresh,dewy rose,inhaled deeply,and wished you could capture that scent in a bottle...then this likely will be a perfume you'll adore. I bought a bottle a week ago and I'm very much enjoying it. I'm even spritzing it on before I go to bed because I find it pleasant and calming. So,bottom line,if you like the scent of roses you'll appreciate this perfume...and if not,chances are you'll regret your purchase.

Stundevil
Stundevil

Smells of fresh cut roses and maybe some pear at first. After awhile it turns into a gross plastic smell that is headache inducing. Maybe it just doesn't work with my chemistry. Too bad that I bought it before it turned on my skin. I was sure I had a winner. I suppose my search for the perfect rose scent is not over and I now have a useless bottle of perfume. humphhh...

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Pale cold roses, fresh from the florist's cooler, hanging on a fence covered with wet paint. Linear but fun.

denncita
denncita

I remember I smelled this fragrance a few years back at a local department store. The first thing i said was, "It smells like roses!" and I made my husband buy it for me. But sadly, the more I wore it, the more headache inducing it became. I don't wear it that often anymore because it doesn't smell like that real rose I smelled the first time. Now it smells quite synthetic. When I spray some on all I can smell is a plastic rose mixed with some hair spray :(

red347
red347

Nothing much to say that hasn't already been said.

A very clean, fresh, rose floral

You can wear this one anywhere at anytime, lays close to the skin, and lasts for hours!

A definite winner in my book, a beautiful, completely inoffensive fragrance.

I'll give her a 8.5/10 (-1.5 for not being the complete standout that I am used to!)

edit: the wife loves it! Let's bump that score up to a 9.5!!!

PerfumeExperience
PerfumeExperience

This is mature and classy but, at the same time, with an aura of innocence. I love the peony and Iris notes, they really stir the imagination next to the soft pink rose. This fragrance is a timeless classic that will never go out of style. 5 stars! *****

pamelamorgan
pamelamorgan

I loved this and was planning to wear it for my wedding day (sadly, I completely forgot until after!) anyway I have worn it on and off for just under a year but no longer like the way it smells, there is something bitter and synthetic hiding in there that I never used to notice. Or maybe it has turned in which case it has quite a short shelf life.

nabegum
nabegum

Initially, I didn't like it because of the green note in it. But after trying it for a few times (didn't want to waste my big bottle), I am beginning to love it.. The smell is rosey and light, very similiar to the drydown of Stella. Like Soie said, not much sillage though.

stephis26
stephis26

Just bought it blindly at Ross for 39.99its a very floral scent with some green apparts.,powdery and very femenine it reminds me of Perry Ellis 18 anyway I'm gonna keep it you can't go wrong with vera Wang

Trinidella
Trinidella

Truly a feminine scent. She captures her fashion sense with this one. Lovely, not overpowering but lasting.

nancy920
nancy920

This fragrance smells like a straight up rose. It smells green too, like a real rose. I love this fragrance and it was my first one ever. I can wear it to work, or to dinner and it's so lovely and feminine.

CoriH
CoriH

This fragrance is truly feminine. It is soft and sweet and foral. For the woman who loves to be given roses and is a true romantic at heart. For a light fragrance the last power is superb however I find that it stays relatively close to the skin. A perfect choice for an everyday fragrance inoffensive and yet very appealing.

perfumes30
perfumes30

I absolutely love this fragrance "Truly Pink"! I can wear it anywhere and anytime.

Gaelle
Gaelle

This is basically pink roses + lilies and peonies. It gives me the feeling of being in a pink rose garden on a spring morning. The name fits the fragrance perfectly - Truly Pink. Very pretty, light, fresh and totally inoffensive - Very "pink" indeed. The perfect fragrance to meet your future in-laws :0)

This is a delightfully soft and feminine fragrance. I haven't always liked Vera Wang fragrances, but Truly Pink breaks the mold for me.

It is nothing spectacular, but for what it's worth, it is something that I can imagine a bride wearing, which is essentially what this brand is all about. Every note seems to be presented as subtly as possible.

Freesia and lily of the valley gives this composition a clean and soapy feel. However, the rose, peony and litchi makes this fragrance that touch juicy and 'pink'.

I liken Truly Pink to marshmallows, simply because they're light on flavour but pleasantly delicate and soft. This fragrance is like that for me.

It's not something I would probably ever buy for myself, seeming that ethereal scents aren't really for me. But I do appreciate Truly Pink for all its simplicity and delicacy.

I would recommend this fragrance for girly girls, or even women who approach perfume with a sense of trepidation. Truly Pink is inoffensive in every sense of the word. A nice surprise.

a soft rose scent that is very feminine. i love this. paired with the body lotion the lasting power is good. i would wear this night or day, any season. i think its a beautful sophisticated light rose perfume. i'm glad i don't smell overwhelming freesia in this. the rose scent is dominant to my nose and i like that.

tarrapradipta
tarrapradipta

LOVE THIS SCENT!!

cdz28
cdz28

I find it very similar to Valentino's Rock-n-Rose Pret a Porter. The rose is too overpowering for me to like it.

puretagu
puretagu

This fragrance truly smells like pink roses. However the way you use this fragrance is key. spay a little in the air and let it fall on your skin and its light and soft, spray a lot close to your skin and its strong and over powering. I purchased a bottle with the body creme a little over a year ago. I apply the body creme right out the shower and just spray the perfume once in the air and let it fall over me and I m good all day and its never over powering. You just need to spray a little and it goes a long way.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

The freesia (it smells very similar to sweet pea) was overpowering for me! I would not recommend this perfume to anyone with a sensitive nose.

nichick390
nichick390

I have the body lotion of that and it smells sooooo good

specialk070581
specialk070581

This smells to me like sweet peas still on the vine, it must be the freesia - its a gorgeous floral scent. There is a a bit of a green grass/ lucerne note too it as well, and for me a little bit of aniseed heading into the dry down. I don't get much rose, if any at all. I think this is a really pretty and honest warmer weather scent. It lasts well on me, nearly all day if applied liberally.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this is a floral all the way with rose being the standout. i'm not sure why the reviews on here say its so strong? this is more like a natural rosewater toilette water (alal crabtree and evelyn) than your grannys rose. i like the sparkle of the freesia thrown in that manages to steal some of the roses limelight and the peony also peeks out from behind the curtain. i dont find this offensive at all; how can anyone find a soft floral rose parfum anything other than unobtrusive? this seems to fit with girls that dream about prince charming and eat twizzlers while writing in their diary.

deeannek
deeannek

I just got this one. I have to say, I bought this unsniffed and for something named Truly Pink-it does not smell at all like I expected. I think a "pink" perfume should be light and sweet and this concoction is- at least to my nose harsh and overbearing.Its too bad because I really love the bottle. This one is going on Ebay soon. Its just way to strong for me.

guest_Senem
guest_Senem

bitter, boring scent..so expensive and i hate.very bad version for rose parfum
i try now again, i definitely hate

Terri77
Terri77

I didn't even realize that there was a scent released between the original and the Sheer Veil. I have both of these and I think I prefer the Sheer Veil just a little more than the original. Both are excellent scents. I love the smell of roses and will be looking for Truly Pink.

c3c
c3c

This was compared to rose water, and I love the way rose water smells so I decided to pick it up. And it is basically a "perfumed" rose water, and unfortunately too much like what my grandma used to wear while I was growing up. I can't smell it without seeing gray hair and thinking of peach fuzz covered cheeks. The dry down is a bit less rose, a little sweet, and soft. It's a pleasant feminine scent, but not for me.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

It is sweet and floral.... not too loud and perfect for day wear! It works good in the hot climate of the Caribbean

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This smells ALMOST identical to Elizabeth Taylors' Forever Elizabeth. It's very nice.... I can smell that same peppery note they share, I think that's the rose in them(?). It's very light, perfect for daytime.. perfect for weddings.

Annie_D
Annie_D

How I wanted to like this one, I thought hmm...I would like a new rose scent. For me I get nothing but rose, no iris no litchi nothin but rose! It is an intoxicating fresh picked rose smell where it literally smells like I covered myself in rose petals. Very strong, and I love rose.

ramiske
ramiske

This is probably the nicest rose scent I have ever smelled. Enough rose to smell, but not knock you down. Blended delicately with other florals. I love it.

kahokero
kahokero

Roses and lychee are perfect partners. They compliment each other. I have noticed for many years that many type of roses smell like lychee. The addition of lychee to the fragrance gives it depth and makes the fragrance more interesting and sweeter. It is great that this one doesn't have to use vanilla to make it sweet - that's the key to ensure that it is not headache inducing.

t03y03l
t03y03l

I actually love it on my friend's but haven't try this on me...it's already her scent anyway....I like it a lot, it's very feminine

glitteralex
glitteralex

Truly Pink is similar to VW original in one way: the neat, succinct, unfrayed quality of the composition. Nothing is unusual, wild, or out of place. Then again, nothing is all that interesting. Despite this, I rather like the middle notes of this simplistic, but utterly unnatural, light peony-rose. The top is spitzy and overly aldehydic, and I can't seem to find any base to speak of. Not a complex scent; it reminds me of the old Rose Milk lotion my Nana keeps in her bath. For this type of scent, I infinitely prefer Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, with its substantial base and unsweet florals.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

Too much freesia can be a bad thing. Very very floral obviously a pretty elegant mature wedding gown scent. This is seriously not the best fragrance i've tired. It's not very unique at all. Be prepared for a sharp note when you first spray it on. You can smell the rose (if you look for it) a little later on after the first spray but it's kinda boring. Truly Pink does not contain musk which makes it simple and light (the way i like my fragrances). The lasting power is very very nice. I put some on my wrist and can take a shower and still smell it the next day! Not headache inducing :)

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is way to sweetly floral for me.. I guess it smells like a rose but more like rosewater... it might be good for wedding day wear but it isn't something that I would wear otherwise. I have Sheer Veil and original VW and was very disappointed.

2007

Truly Pink by Vera Wang 3.80 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Truly Pink fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Truly Pink, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Truly Pink by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Truly Pink by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.