Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Vera Wang Vera Wang for women

Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures Vera Wang Vera Wang for women Pictures

This is Vera Wang's first fragrance for women, launched in 2002, and intended to counterpart Vera Wang for Men. The fragrance opens in harmony of mandarin blossom and cleaver. The heart brings the notes of Bulgarian rose and gardenia, while the base intoxicates with Stephanotis and pure musk.

It was created by two perfumers, Jean-Claude Delville and Harry Fremont, and it won two awards in 2003 – FiFi for the package, and "Fragrance Star Of The Year"-Nouveau Niche. It comes in a luxurious bottle designed in cooperation with Swarowski house, and also as an amulet and a bottle suitable for purse.

It is available as Eau de Parfum in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles, with matching body products.

iris Sandalwood Lily Gardenia Mandarin Orange Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot Lotus Rose

Vera Wang Fragrance Reviews

llburris
llburris

I think this was my first designer frangrance I fell in love with on the spot. Men seem to absolutely love this on me. If I stop for a second, I think this is the fragrance that I get complimented on the most. The sillage is very good on my skin and, as I've said before, my skin absorbes scents like a monster. It lasts a really long time as well. I absolutely LOVE IT. I think I have 3 bottles right now lol I can't live without it in my collection!

TimtanEssence
TimtanEssence

Love love love this fragrance! Floral, elegant, not too girly :)

CarmendyNola
CarmendyNola

A bouquet of gardenias and lilies. Becomes a bit of a mélange of other luxurious, powdery florals as it settles. Really sublime. Nice longevity and it does linger inoffensively. It reminds me of the way an antique decanter would smell if you opened it up after years of airtight seclusion... like soft incense. This is an EDP all the way, so apply it sparingly and a nice distance away from the skin. There is an art to applying fragrance that I believe is lost on some.

This a true floral, not fruity or sedgy. Romantic and sophisticated. I really love it

belleofthesea
belleofthesea

My love for this fragrance was passed down from my mother - and mother knows best. I have her original 3.4 EDP bottle still, use it sparingly during special occasions. Not sure about how the newer bottles smell, and people say you have to use it up quickly, but I've had this same exact bottle for almost ten years, and it still smells beautiful! In my opinion, no other VW scent compares in the slightest! Simply wonderful scent, enough said.

Red Rose
Red Rose

So, it's not just me the one who finds this scent strange in a bad way. I have the biggest bottle of this for years now & the scent is strangely strong & smells like something went off, it even smells like lemon sheets that you got after dinner in generic restaurants to freshen up after eating. I think the scent is in its best when you first get it out of the store. Too bad it has a short life it's way too expensive & hard to get too.

sati77
sati77

i had two bottles of it both were genuine but smelt different. Strange,anyway it started changing about halfway through. I think you need to use it up pretty quickly as it oxidises in the bottle. Love the scent only when the bottle is still fresh.

Catty

This is my 2nd bottle of this gem!

Every Spring, I buy it again.

I love White flowers and Vera Wang is a very happy, luminous, shinny White flowers Bouquet. What allows you to wear it in the Office as well as on a lovely romantic evening.

This is like a 5th Avenue case. Both perfumes are classy, refined, Lady like and have very nice Prices.

I mean...if you love gardenia and lily of the valley as I do, and wants an elegant luminous floral scent with a certain volume, without being loud. Vera Wang is your choice.

For sure, a very classy spring scent!

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I bought a slightly used bottle of this for a bargain on eBay after smelling the 'Truly Pink' version that my sister bought my mother. Reading up on the notes (and the reviews!), I decided that I would probably like the original even more than Truly Pink. I sprayed this on my wrist 5 minutes ago, and I love the top notes- very fresh, clean, and unobtrusively floral. It might not get points for uniqueness, but it does smell kind of expensive. I can't pick out individual notes, either, which in my opinion, signals a well-blended perfume. Vera Wang is soft, but not completely indiscernible like some perfumes out there (Oh Lola, I'm looking at you!). It also reminds me of perfumes like Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom, 5th Avenue, and Marc Jacobs Daisy- all of which could be sisters. I hope the lasting power will also be good, because I can see myself wearing this a lot this year.

Update: This lasted for 14 hours on me. However, I noticed that the sillage decreased promptly after about 2 hours. The perfume sat pretty close to the skin after that, resembling a feminine, rose skin scent.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

The original Vera Wang fragrance is special to me because I wore it on my wedding day. It was a winter wedding so in my opinion this is a year round floral. It is very soft and womanly. It is not typically my style since I love the dark spicy fragrances but there is something about Vera Wang that made me step outside my comfort zone. AND, every time I wear it my husband mentions how much he likes it. Perhaps, my smell on our wedding day 9 years ago is imprinted on him. Anyway girls, this is the perfect wedding day fragrance...if you can't afford a Vera Wang dress, spend the money on this perfume. Well, that is my two "scents" worth.

Happy Perfuming!

Nicknat24
Nicknat24

I smelled this on someone else and just had to get it without even testing it first. I really love this scent. It starts off at the very beginning as bright and a bit strong but that only lasts about a minute. Don't get me wrong, this is floral all the way...I get roses, lillies and jasmine but all so perfectly balanced with the bergamot and understated so as not to be like you were just thrust nose first into a bouquet. After about an hour this becomes powdery and sandalwood on my skin but the floral essence is still in the background...not screaming but simply saying "smell me, I'm so pretty!" The best part is this lasts on my skin at least 7 hours.

laurenaudell
laurenaudell

I reeeeally do not like this one. My husband bought it for me for Christmas one year and it just does not suit me well at all. It's way too strong and "headache-y". To me, it's a very mature fragrance, more mature than me, and I am 30. Might just be my own body chemistry clashing. I have since moved away from florals.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

This smells in the beginning very citrusy on me, then when it settles a bit i can fell the rose in it. It smells a bit like soap, like vintage rose soap or so. One spritz is to weak on me, so i have to spray about 2 spritz to make it right on my skin. Does not very long on my skin, only about max 3h.

A great mix of fresh Lily-of-the-valley, Lilys, Rose, Gardenia and a hint of Sandalwood. Very feminine and very sophisticated. Chic and elegant. Longlasting on my skin. Worth every penny. Less is more - just one spray makes you smell fantaboulus for many hours.

En härlig mix av Liljekonvalj, Lilja, Ros, Gardenia och en aningens dos av Sandelträ. Otroligt feminin och sofistikerad. Chic och elegant. Håller länge på min hud. Värd varje krona. Lite är lagom - en sprejning gör att du doftar jättegott i flera timmar.

Hills by the Sea
Hills by the Sea

A delightful blend of lily and rose. That is what I mostly get from this perfume. A distinctly feminine fragrance. I have to agree with others that it is a great pick for a bride to wear in spring and summer. I would pick it to wear to a garden party - green lawns sloping down to a lake, a sunny day, a sun-dress with a hat and this perfume. Very pretty bottle. Sillage and longevity moderate to my nose.

plaintain1
plaintain1

A beautiful,elegant smell. Fresh and original. Got this when it first came out. Will buy again.

sashaville
sashaville

I love this and will want to own it again, wore it at my wedding 6yrs ago and it brings back such pleasant memories.
Absolutely delicious, sweet and rich from start to finish.

suhaesa

powdery ..creamy..soapy..blissfully divine..aromatic in its own way.. florally,sensual,dryish yet mellow and crisp and pungent..a hint sweetish.. clean .. clean as in old beige lux soap.. in a good way.. a bit like hermes clache...a base of light amber musk and sandalwood even if they r not listed.. i feel this perfume is velvety ..warm ..and sultry ..and somehow extremely feminine.. with an amazing bouquet of flowers.. bridal.. off whit and beige flowers that are so sophisticated...
it warms up and mends in with your skin.. and makes you smell so wonderful.. so elegant.. so feminine.. ..its a magical perfue..its a perfect bridal perfume fit for autumn and winter.. and fall..its serene..divine and fine ..its beautiful..a perfect connotation of so many refined ..complex.. accords that play a wonderful symphony of love..
not over powering ..not in your face ..yet with a strong character..a charisma.. a seducer.. a woman in a bottle..all its notes are in perfect harmony and balance ..noting is out of tune..it keeps developing in to a more complex floral.. but never loses touch with reality.. for its a real perfume..its an abundant perfume..full ..rich..

red347
red347

To my snout, this is THE floral!!!

An amazing, beautiful, complex, well blended floral perfume! Now, I may be a little bias about this one because I absolutely love powdery florals.

This one is a beautiful soft floral/white floral, rose, powdery, with a touch of wood in the base. I couldn't ask for anything more... well, except for the fact that it doesn't last very long, at least on me. I did happen to find the parfum gel which seems to last about 6 hours.

You can wear this one anywhere, anytime, completely non offensive, and not a headache to be found!

9/10 (-1 for being short lived)

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

a warm perfume that sticks to my clothes

Bedhead
Bedhead

The reviewer who said this fragrance doesn't last was right on target. It's lovely initially and it dries to a beautiful, softer scent, but witin a few hours, it's gone. A lovely floral, though, mixed with enough green to be almost (but not quite) sporty, and the bottle is beautiful. I think this one is destined to be a classic.

Kysyona
Kysyona

I have tested it numerous times and come to the conclusion that it is the most boring "blah"-est synthetic floral I have ever encountered. I strongly disagree with some reviewers that attack those who give less favorable reviews: every opinion is subjective and every chemistry is unique, this is why I appeal to all who read any negative reviews - go out and try for yourself first. I have, and on me this scent a) doesn't last longer than 30 minutes b) has zero originality and character whatsoever c) smells 100% synthetic and is proud of it. I wanted to love this so much, honestly! The bottle and the juice, the colour, the shape - everything but the scent itself - is an epitome of style and elegance!! - I am definitely buying a bottle if I ever get stinking rich just to keep it as a decoration on my dresser! - this is how much I like the look of it! I am in dismay, because when I read reviews that describe it as a mature or old-fashioned scent, it is usually a plus to my nose and a sign I might be on the right track... Alas!

Beans
Beans

This has been my number one go to scent for years now, it just never fails me, day or night, all year through. It is a stunning floral with a hit of youthful play to it, but it's classy and it's womanly and I've found that over the years I repeatedly have comments when I wear it. It won't over power a room when I enter, but those near by will receive a sweet hint of perfection as I pass by. I'm hooked for life.

Catty

After seeing the reviews here, I bought my flacon today and I have to say that it´s a very very lovely spring summer scent.

A very fresh, flowery, classic day scent. But it´s a day scent with a vintage personality suitable for a wedding, a lunch in a restaurant, an important office meeting. For much people can be a little bit strong to be a every occasion scent. This is lady scent.

The staying power is very good.

I like it very very much!

lavender sage
lavender sage

I love this scent...for about 5 minutes. On me, it has no staying power at all.
I should have learned my lesson after I had the same experience with 'Sheer Veil', but I had higher hopes for this perfume.
I don't think I'll be forking over the money for any more Vera Wang perfumes anytime soon!

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I just received my order in the mail yesterday and I thought that I liked this fragrance. Nope! I LOVE this fragrance. It smell so gentle and fresh on me; very romantic. I can use this day or night. This is my first VW perfume so now I look foward to trying her other ones.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

OH! The best! You must try it!!

ageless
ageless

Gardenia, sandalwood and iris are leading the way, but slowly apple and rose enter the blend. Beautiful, classical, elegant, straightforward fragrance. I'd say great for office and business meetings especially if you want to make a statement with your presence.

longz
longz

Today, I get a sample of this perfume. At the first spray, I smelled the soapy scent. A soft and clean scent just like a baby soap. After a while, the wonderful Rose flower Scent has a raised. Hmm,,, this smell so Fantastic to me. It driving me nuts. Haha,,=P Great Job Vera Wang.
Silage : Moderate
Longevity : around 5-6 hours at my dry skin.

Overall, I can say this fragrance has a classic scent but with the modern romantic touch.

Very Recommended for Special Occasion like A Wedding Party or if you want go to a romantic dinner with your partner.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

Very well balanced sophisticated and feminine without being girly. Very balanced composition like Chanel #5 but far more fresh and modern. This would make a great signature everyday scent, unfortunately I find it a bit tame for my palate

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

The best frag of Vera, nice floral scent for daytime, i had 100 ml that lasted over several years, glad that the bottle is empty, got tired of it at the end, but no question this is a best one of vera so far.

Ps I got a new 100 ml bottle again , it is classy and lasting, i am a floral chypre girl
:-)

Clyn11
Clyn11

Strong florals but classy confident and clean. The right amount of sandalwood makes it a touch soapy. Fab staying power and sillage so I will have to be careful not to overspray! In my opinion this is not an everyday scent but more a civilized evening with the girls, cocktail events, art launches, etc. Like it!

A big surprize to me! Wonderful grown-up and a bit dark flowernotes mixed with some Sandalwood and Musk. The Lily-of-the-valley is dominant, in a fresh green way. I thought this would be a syrup/sugarsweet, girly scent but it is a great scent for a woman, and I LOVE it! Elegant, sober and classy. Not superloud but yet intensive in a very nice way, with some wiffs encircling me.

En stor överraskning! Underbart vuxen och aningens mörka blomnoter som är välmixade med Sandelträ och Musk. Liljekonvaljen är dominant, på ett grönt, daggfräsch sätt. Jag trodde detta skulle vara en sirap/sockersöt flickaktig doft men icke - en doft för kvinnan, och jag älskar den! Elegant, sober och klassisk. Inte superhögljudd men ändå intensiv på ett trevligt sätt, härliga doftfläktar omringar mig.

MrWonderfulxo
MrWonderfulxo

One of the most delicious fragrances I have ever smelled.

antswife
antswife

Perhaps its just me but I can't smell this one at all.

Christena1982
Christena1982

Clean sophisticated frangrance!

Calico
Calico

I absolutely adore this scent. It is floral, with a hint of musk, long lasting, sophisticated and feminine.It is perfect for evening, does not fade as many other perfumes do. It feels unique, many fragrances marketed today smell all the same to me.
If the moment calls, I will just spritz a little on myself for a sheer glamour boost!

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

I tested it and found it very old fashioned , very heavy, maybe for older ladies over 45 ages. I really wonder how it was described as white floral or fresh, soapy, I felt it very oriental on top notes, after it dried down it became very similar to incense smell. I didn't like it at all.

Isabella1
Isabella1

Perfect for spring. Fresh flowers full of joy and life. I love this it will always be mine. It is not sour or sharp like other ones, it is perfect. Just like vera wang dresses it would be perfect for a bride. I love it. It is perfect when you want to smell nice but not too outgoing. It reminds me of the song "fields of gold" I feel like I am the woman in that song.

susan1326
susan1326

LOVELY! This scent really captures fresh flowers without added sugary-ness. I could wear it every day and not tire of it. An uplifting fragrance. Is a little soapy in the dry down to me, but a good, clean soapy! This should become a classic.

cinema1974
cinema1974

My mother just gave me this and it smells wonderful...she has great taste in Perfumes...it a true floral with no sugar sweetness..it is unique and I feel it the best of her fragrance lines. Nice scent and for a true floral lover this is nice one for the flower girls out there...last longer than most of her fragrances.

natalia777
natalia777

What a lovely perfume! Ligt, tender, feminine.

Trinidella
Trinidella

I absolutely love musky scents so this is definitely one of my favourites!!!

very feminine and clean smelling white floral. kind of soapy, but not too. the gardenia dosen't take over in this which is nice. you can definitely smell the lily of the valley which i love and the white lily is bright and bold. just a touch of citrus and sandalwood that is barely there. this is long lasting on me, i could still smell it this morning when i woke up. a very comforting and cozy scent. i love it.

suhaesa

it reminds me of a simple elegant bride..it smells very fine ,sophisticated and classy..its very clean and it does not overpower you..it just makes you happier some how some way..it lifts your spirits ..its a perfume for all seasons that you never get board of..its always there to get you up when you need it..simply a new age classic..that will be there for centuries to come..i hope!

rating 4.5 out of 5

chair
chair

This is an okay fragrance, but maybe for an older woman. If you are in your teens twenties or thirties, I would not recommend this. It smells very "old lady"

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin I get overwhelming lotus and gardenia and a touch of lily.

It really does smell "bridal" to me. It actually smells like a freshly pressed wedding dress or like a garment after you iron with spray starch.

I cannot say I hate it, but, I cannot say I like it either. Though, it's not one I can see myself wearing much if at all.

On the plus side, if you like this one it does last a long time on my skin and has decent sillage.

Cookie2
Cookie2

This is a lovely light, summer floral in which the white flowers and rose combination is delightful. Unfortunately it has poor staying power disappears in 2 hours or so, before I can even detect the base notes. Shelf life is not good either - this is one of the only perfumes I have ever owned that has "gone off"

Ouch!
Ouch!

I find this scent to smell like a very classy bridal boquet. It smells like ALOT of flowers at once but they are completley controlled and very well blended. Some florals can become screechy and this is the exact opposite of that. It's clean smooth and very tasteful.

I'm pretty bad at picking out alot of florals unfortunatley but this is probably a floral for people that wouldn't normally go for a floral. It's one of the more safe ones. This could be a lovely signature scent for daytime if you fell in love hard enough.

Gorgeous simple bottle and lovely warm looking liquid. All done in good taste and it's a very beautiful perfume.

ol' smeller
ol' smeller

Very light floral wedding day type fragrance...but is sooo light that it don't last....need to frequently reapply. Is fresh floral & femminine however. Can wear for day or office it's so light. Had it before but doubt I'll buy again.

shangh
shangh

I got this perfime as a gift from my sister and I kinda liked it though it will not be one of my fav. It has a very fresh and sweet frangrance, kinda one that you wear on your wedding day. Weak staying power.

lukkyme
lukkyme

first vera wang is absolutley a beautiful clean floral expensive smelling perfume i have not one complaint! one of my veerrry favorite's & hand's down the best vera has put out yet . . . that love struck & rock princess & all the other's are not even close 2 the same caliber . . she could have just stoped with this one anyway . . . .& everyone know's about vera as a weding dress designer BUT! why ? does almost every single post here throw in a comment about wearing this on there wedding or not? ? ? ? ? just got 2 say it never even crossed my mind JUST BECAUSE it was made by vera wang :) ? . . .she also has a clothes & hand bag line out in kohl's depatment store & i would never be like HHhmmm.. . maybe i will buy this purse & carry it down the isle on my wedding day? L.O.L come on every one

babycub.ganda
babycub.ganda

it's too strong and smells like too much alcohol on it urgh! it causes pain into my nose when i smell it but when it dries it smells cottony and it only stays 1-2 hours

ALaM
ALaM

One of my first favourite perfumes as a teenager. Had a lotion with this perfume in it. Definitely generic but very spring and summer...even fall...though, for escapism and nostalgia purposes I'd wear it in the winter. This perfume is way out of my budget, however. The price is a bit much considering it's not a very distinct fragrance. Definitely a slightly fruity, musky white floral. My tastes have changed a bit but this one still holds a place in my heart.

Tovah
Tovah

When this fragrance launched in 2002 I was nearly bowled over by its beauty. I was roaming around Fashion Island and I caught a whiff of an amazing, ethereal bouquet. I could not get over how incredibly lovely this bright, stephanotis, musky white rose blend smelled. I bought it immediately, even though it was very expensive at the time. I didn't, and still don't detect any gardenia in this scent. To me it's stephanotis jasmine, white roses, teensy bits of muguet, and hints of white musk. My husband, who usually can't smell a skunk if he's sprayed in the face, always compliments this perfume. He tends to be attracted to VERY classically feminine fragrances (i.e. Chanel Gardenia, Violette In Love), so this is made for his taste. VW is perfect for traveling back in time to the 1890s, at the Hotel del Coronado.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This fragrance really surprised me in a good way. Because it has its reputation as one of the top wedding perfumes, I of course had a little sample vial that I had tried a few times. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th time that I had tried this perfume that I realized it worked with my chemistry and was a very romantic floral for its sake. I like the way it melds with my skin and projects its sillage. I wore it to church and could imagine myself walking down the aisle leaving a trail of this. I wore it to work and when I got home my fiance hugged me and said "mmm you smell nice..like dryer sheets" and if that's the end result after 10 hours, that's fine by me! After all, we all want to smell clean!

türkân.ali
türkân.ali

The most beautiful floral think because it is composed of my favorite flowers...Love it...

beatrix75
beatrix75

yesterday i tested and i must admit that i liket a lot!!its orange white flowers and frech crispy nice for all day long !!

crysna
crysna

what a beautiful fragrance, smells so classy, feminine and elegant! now is on my list "fragrance to wear on my wedding day" perfect fot that special day. not complex at all just the right notes to create a lovely soft aroma of white flowers, making it unfogivable!!! love it ;)

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

If Jessica McClintock is your classic dormant bride, then Vera Wang's namesake is the Runaway Bride. Both plain, both gentle and elegant. The difference to me, in terms of "presence", not the notes, is that this one is more modern, fresher, sassier somehow. This bride is like every other bride, dressed in white, all eyes on you, that sort of thing. There are thousands like her, many celebrating the same thing. But she is still keen on making you feel special, doesn't reveal all her layers until she reaches the "altar".

The smell is pleasant, floral, delicate. Not overwhelmingly "green" thank god. This is a bouquet of white flowers: Lilies and gardenias mostly. The same thing with the rose note, I smell that soft, distinguished smell of a soft white rose. But it becomes overpowered by the scent of lilies. I don't smell bergamot anywhere but I can detect the sandalwood. It works to balance the floral notes I think. Overall, the scents comes up as soapy, plain, and romantic. I'm not the most romantic person in the world so I don't it appreciate as a more lovable person perhaps would.

One more thing...I know how this fragrance reminds some people of 5th Avenue, but I honestly can't feel the similarities. Vera Wang is very simplistic, safe, gentle, generic. 5th avenue is "comforting" instead and at the same time strong, you are able to distinguish the notes. It smells like a proper, well layered perfume. To me this is glorified toilet water, no offense to those that may like it. What this does have in its favor is the silage. It lasts quite a long time and the scent becomes more pronounced as the hours go by. Overall, as a fragrance it is not memorable. Not impressive and for the price, it should be more complex and impressive than it really is.

cerebellum
cerebellum

I really really love this perfume, it is a beautiful, elegant floral that is feminine without being too overwhelming. A good fragrance to wear to work as well, as it isn't overly sexy. This used to be my go-to perfume, however, after less than 6 months my bottle went all skunky and I had to throw it out....:(

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a wonderful vegan imitation of this perfume. I find it really lovely.

It is very juicy,smells like mandarin and bergamot oranges warming in my hands. I also sense roses and jasmine,with sweet nectar resting inside those tender blooms.

There is a sultry feeling,and a fresh feeling at the same time. This does smell too like a shampoo,but I say it in a very good way. :0)

White flowers here in this perfume, (like gardenia and jasmine) can be a juxtaposition of earth allure,soil,and heady,by turns delicate,heaven touched,sweet,freshly bathed innocent.

I feel all these feelings with this floral citrus treasure.It warms to the neck skin,and also becomes soft woods. I love it.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

On me, this is a high-pitched squeaky-clean floral with a citrus edge. The citruses are most noticeable in the opening blast, where the fragrance really feels "clean" to me, but they become increasingly sour on my skin, and the fragrance quickly starts feeling very uptight as a whole. I get a lot of lily of the valley and rose in the heart. This floral is way outside the realm of what normally smells good on me, so I feel my skin chemistry isn't giving it much of a chance!

aray
aray

Totally in love with this but once again I am wondering, why does fragrantica's pyramid omit some of the ingredients provided by the house? Where are "Stephanotis and pure musk" in fragrantica's pyramid?

Cams
Cams

Stunning, divine, wonderful and feminine. This is by far Vera Wang`s best. None of the other offerings come close including the odd Lovestruck.

Blessed
Blessed

Creativity, art, femininity tyrant, the power of intimate
this is the original Vera!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Having tried this before in a shop and knowing it would be an exceedingly strong commercial scent, I was lucky enough to be able to spray only a tiny amount, so was not bombarded with enormous, suffocating sillage. In a miniscule dose - and I mean miniscule- it’s not bad, starting out as a sharp, citrusy, squeaky-clean floral, heavy on the lily-of-the-valley, with a downplayed clean musk base.

As it dries down, the sharpness of the LOTV mellows a little, allowing the tiniest glimpse of rose and a mixed bouquet of some sort of unspecified flowers. If this is meant to be a wedding perfume, one spray will certainly get you through the ceremony, the reception and hours of dancing, and will probably still be there well into the honeymoon.

It’s a generic-smelling, tenacious, commercial floral scent that is well-constructed and pleasant in its own way, but really has nothing to distinguish it except, perhaps, its total conventionality.

venclips
venclips

this is absolutely floral scent for mature woman between 25-45 years old. it's calm and feminine scent. on top notes i can smelled bold lily and gardenia. after 30mins, it's turn soft smelled jasmine and rose. nice for day and night.

dlb4ever
dlb4ever

What a delightful scent! Light florals that start off a little soapy but then just blossom into a pretty bouquet.....absolutely LOVE it!

agi
agi

This perfume is wery nice,i get compliments wering this perfume.I feel jasmin ,and freshness.Its good perfume and lasting power is fine too.

anaaranha
anaaranha

Love it! Very elegant, very french and romantic. I love how it develops on my skin, I feel so happy because it was a blind buy, one of the best I did.

I find it very special, and I use it both as a everyday fragrance and as a special occasion's perfume.

I don't know if someone else will agree with me, but I use to wear Jean Patou Joy,the parfum, when I was on my twenties, and Vera Wang remembers me very much of Joy, only in a mild and subtle way. Very good memories! Very good perfume.

sofababe
sofababe

Vera Wang is many of the things previous reviewers have said- soapy, pretty, floral, romantic.
It starts of rather soapy but soon dries down to a gorgeous light floral, so soft and indeed, perfect for a wedding. I opened the door to my friend once while wearing this and she said (before the door was even fully opened) "Whats that gorgeous smell? Is it you?" I had thought it stayed quite close to the skin but clearly not :-)

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Masterful blend of gardenia and rose. Yes, I can see it as a wedding perfume. Soft, gentle and beautiful. A definite white floral lover's perfume. And since I love a good white floral, I am happily impressed.

This is perfect for the month of June, to celebrate flowers and brides.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I have had this perfume for years and I for some reason just stopped wearing it. I thought since Summer is upon us why not bring it out again since it is a clean floral and I have had to stop wearing my heavy fall/winter gourmands. I am so glad I decided to bring this one out of retirement! Clean, fresh, long lasting floral. Perfect for warmer weather. I think this is a safe classic fragrance for any age!

Louw
Louw

A very conventional floral fragrance, but beautiful nonetheless. It has lovely lush notes of gardenia and rose but personally I've never been able to get the other notes beneath that.

It's a very 'safe' perfume - I can't imagine anyone hating it with a passion, so it's good for daytime wear. A nice scent, but ultimately there's nothing to distinguish it from other similar offerings so I'm unlikely to buy it again.

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

I absolutely love it! Clean, feminine, and has a wonderful staying power with amazingly beautiful base notes!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I got a sample, and am wearing it now. Instead of distinguish every single note it contains, I’d rather feel it on the whole, all that I feel is a lush bouquet of pink flowers, from which I can even sense the honeyed pollen. This feeling invites me to a perfect wedding ceremony held out door on the lawn, there are the flowers decorated, and some butterflies dancing in the air…

As a successful bride-target perfume, Vera Wang interprets it just right: simple and elegant, harmonious and cheerful. If you’re in pursuit of a scent of happiness without being subtle or sophisticated, just have a try.

roo7i
roo7i

This smelled very soapy to me - a high end soap- but soapy for sure, and just no where near worthy of the price. It vanished without a trace in an hour! No thank you, I'll stick with my Lola.

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Al principio me senti decepcionada porque me parecio una fragancia muy seria para mi edad, podia imaginar a mi abuela usandola, pero despues de probarla varias veces en mi piel he aprendido a comprenderla y disfrutarla. Definitivamente es un aroma elegante, las gardenias y jasmin la hacen sentirse refrescante e ideal para primavera y verano, las rosas con sandalo le dan el toque distintivo de un perfume caro...

Luluesq1
Luluesq1

I like the smell...on someone else older (I'm 32).It's one I would not wear but if I smelled it on say someone like my mom (she is very chic btw-lol) I would think it pleasent. A definate creamy bouquet ever blossoming.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Sweet, floral, and sophisticated. I definitely agree with other reviewers who call this a "wedding" fragrance. You can't get any more romantic elegance than this.
It would also be nice for any special event, romantic dates, or anytime you just want to feel pretty. :)

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Very sweet perfume. Thickly floral, with a juiciness on top that I can almost taste. It's very pretty, and 100% feminine.

guest_chattha
guest_chattha

iwant to perchase one perfume. how wouid i perchase in pakistan. zeshan haider chattha from pakistan

dfwag2011
dfwag2011

My mom got this as a gift, and I had to have it as well! A perfect combination of floral and freshness. Makes me feel just-out-of-the-shower clean, yet sophisticated. It does seem like a bridal fragrance!

Hermione
Hermione

I absolutely love Vera. It's feminine and sophisticated and lasts well. I like it because I think it does smell a little different from so many perfumes that smell the same to me. It's a cut above the rest.

scentous
scentous

soft white flowers at first and surprisingly turns into a much louder floral at the dry down, although it has a good longevity for a floral scent nothing special, lots of alikes around..

xs
xs

Very similar to Jessica McClintock (maybe the jasmine, lily of the valley and rose combo).Better drydown.

harleydavigirl
harleydavigirl

Very floral fragrance, but I like it, it lingers and tickles the nose. Love Vera Wang fragrances. This is a good one to own.

Vera Wang is another one of those Summery wedding fragrances.

To my nose, this fragrance is a rather intense floral blend with subtle citrus undertones and freshness. The rose, gardenia and lily tend to be the strongest floral notes throughout, however although pleasant, there is nothing particularly outstanding about the way it has been composed.

Beautiful this scent certainly is, however I do crave more depth and character. Vera Wang doesn't evoke any strong feelings or themes for me. It is neither romantic nor memorable, which should be the requirements for a wedding scent.

Personally I find Vera Wang to be more casual than elegant and sophisticated. This fragrance is unfortunately not compatible with my skin either, as it tends to turn sour towards the drydown.

I had high hopes of this fragrance being a rich and creamy white floral scent, however the jasmine, gardenia and lily tend to create a clean-like quality that is both classic and pleasant, but not to my tastes.

As in regards to Vera Wang's lasting power, it is rather average and disappointing for its high price tag. I somehow expected more from this famously renowned designer label.

Jasmin Dorney
Jasmin Dorney

Pretty much one of my favourite fragrances in my collection. To me it smells young yet sophisticated and smells quite rosy on my skin. There is a certain richness and depth to this perfume that I absolutely adore - I can't wait to try some of the other Vera Wang creations!

guest_s-ultra
guest_s-ultra

Nice, inoffensive, creamy fragrance but really nothing special to say about it.
Staying power is like 30 minutes.

guest_francess.raymundo
guest_francess.raymundo

a warm perfume that smells very much like Nina Ricci's Love in Paris. Vera Wang is from Coty.I try to use it more than I use Love in Paris since the french bouquet turned into a Coty fragrance.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I got the Vera Wang with a body lotion as a gift. The perfume didn't do much for me since it was pretty light but the lotion did do a good job.

Terri77
Terri77

I didn't even realize that there was a scent released between the original and the Sheer Veil. I have both of these and I think I prefer the Sheer Veil just a little more than the original. Both are excellent scents.

Marisa36
Marisa36

Am I the only one who thinks this smells like nail polish remover? Also doesn't last long. Want to like it but I just can't do it. Sorry!

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

A very pretty and delicate bouquet of lilies that fades to a quiet, elegant floral scent with just a hint of warmth from the musk. I'd like to own a full bottle of this one day.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have recently rediscovered its beauty.This is a clasic fragrance that I can actually wear.I think its beautiful perfect for a bride.Its fresh flowers and so romantic.This is a keeper I will continue to buy this it last all day and the body products such as the cream and the lotion are stunning.I like all of Vera's fragrances and all have their own personality.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

To me this is a true classic. And as classics go, I much prefer it to somethign like Chanel#5 (blecch).
Out of all the Vera's, this is still my favorite one. Light, breezy, flowery with no cloying musty drydown.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

People... try to hydrate your skin with a lotion of some sort before you spray this on, perfume works better on hydrated skin. I had to resort to spraying this on my clothing to make it last.

zsazsa
zsazsa

A beautiful, romantic, floral fragrance, but with no staying power what so ever on my. What a pity!

cattywitch
cattywitch

It's not that I didn't like this fragrance, but talk about no staying power, I almost bathed in it, five minutes max, and no one could tell I was wearing perfume.

amandahuang
amandahuang

I used to wear Vera Wang for quite a long time and found it to be a very romantic fragrance:

It opens with a crisp citrus note from mandarin blossom along with an extremely airy scent of calla lily. Then those beautiful and splendid white flowers start to blossom gradually when gardenia secretly takes over the whole 'motif'. However, I can hardly detect the rose note which is a shame. After a while, this fragrance will transform into a surprisingly musky yet a little bit woodsy base, which is what I mostly enjoy about this fragrance. I am feeling being enveloped in a pleasant warmth, with little white petals falling down on my shoulders... So to me, I would rather classify this fragrance to be 'floral woody musk'.

I do agree with the previous reviewer (MandyCat), bergamot shouldn't be included in the notes, and jasmine is also questionable. There are also a few notes missing too: musk, white woods and precious floral nectar.

As we all know, the designer Vera Wang is known for her exquisite wedding gowns. This Vera Wang fragrance is also a perfect 'bridal fragrance' - romantic, feminie & promising!

Annie_D
Annie_D

My mother has worn this for years, she is in her early 50's now and she pulls it off so well. On her the mandarin comes out with a touch of musk, it is flowery but it has this tart bite of spice that comes out in it. I think it smells wonderful on her and never soapy. I like it too but I can't wear the same one as her so I have sheer veil!

guest_vaidute
guest_vaidute

now i unerstand,why it is expensive.its very soft,light.nice combinatiotion.

golden
golden

I love this delicate blend of rose and gardenia.
It smells very expensive and classy.When it dries down the wonderful scent of musk comes through which for me gives it great staying power.I think it's worth every penny as this is a perfume well worthy of it's price tag.

sjanira
sjanira

I think it smells good, nice flower composition and good staying power.

Malegria
Malegria

Am I the only one who feels the connection between Vera Wang and Arden`s 5th Avenue? The same intense floral bouquet, but may be a bit mor sophisticated. I like white flowers, but it does not seem something special. Just a nice, expensive, well made fragrance.The one when you use when you need to have something on your skin, but don`t care a lot. Not for a bride, but for one of her girlfriends,may be.

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

I never smelled this perfume but my daughter had the lotion and it smelled really nice! Wouldn't mind a bottle of this if I can get it cheaper! Too expensive! If I spend out that much I am going to get Thierry Mugler Alien or Angel! (whichever smells better)! At least I can refill them.

guest_Shan
guest_Shan

I eagerly anticipated this one and was - disappointed. It sure didn't epitomise romance to me. It set off my sinuses and turned me off.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I just got this... I have Sheer Veil and love it but not sure about this one... I put it on over the weekend and it smelled like soap on my skin. Kind of sickly sweet and not at all right... but I was sick from getting my flu shot so going to wait about a week and try again. Hopefully it wasn't a waste of money.

2007

Vera Wang Eau De Parfum Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Vera Wang Eau De Parfum Spray, 3.4 fl oz
BeautyBar.com
Gift Set 3.4oz
Vera Wang Loverstruck Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz Rollerball 10ml 0.35oz 4pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Vera Wang fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Vera Wang, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vera Wang by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vera Wang by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.