Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

Vera Wang for Men Vera Wang for men

Vera Wang for Men Vera Wang for men
dislike

tobacco
Vera Wang for Men Vera Wang for men Pictures Vera Wang for Men Vera Wang for men Pictures

A seductive fragrance for men, promoted by a campaign that features wedding, it is specially created for men who are to get married. It was created and launched two years after the Vera Wang first fragrance for women – Vera Wang – which makes a perfect match to this one.

Masculine with an unexpected freshness, it leaves a very seductive trace. The top notes are overwhelming with sparkling freshness of green leaves and luminous yuzu.

The heart is spiced with nutmeg, which united with leather notes and anis, create seductive wafts. The base is composed of milky-warm sandal wood and tobacco. It was launched in 2004, and comes as 50ml and 100ml EDT.

The nose behind this fragrance is IFF.

Mandarin Leaf Yuzu

Nutmeg Leather Anise

Sandalwood Tobacco

Tom Ford for Men

Vera Wang for Men Fragrance Reviews

jestech
jestech

On of my all-time favorite winter scents. This along with Yves La Nuit and L'Instant should be winter staples for every male.

Comparisons with Tom Ford for men are entirely justified the mandarin opening and earthy tobacco heart are very similar. However, being a huge fan and avid wearer of TF I can spot the differences just as evidently, Yuzu nutmeg and a creamier nature coming from sandalwood being the major ones.
So all this makes it less woody than the Tom Ford in essence and an enjoyable mens fragrance.
I really love it and wish I'd have picked it up when I saw it cheap last year but didn't want to blind buy in case it wasn't good.
Just to speak to the 'wedding scent' thing of course Vera Wang is going to tread that line due to her association with wedding dresses. Quite an understated and classy thing to wear for a wedding in my opinion.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I didn't know what to expect from this frag. I found a 100ml bottle for less than 20usd...you couldn't go wrong. I decided to make a blind purchase and I wasn't disappointed after spraying it on my skin.
After looking up all the notes..don't pick up the note Yuzu. That note tends to be a strong bitter citrus aroma, instead I pick up the nutmeg, Sandalwood and hint of leather which makes for a really nice masculine aroma but not heavy. I don't find this frag generic at all.
Longevity and Silage are both very good on my skin..last's at least 6hrs..you can smell at least 2ft when it's been sprayed.
Overall opinion, this fragrance is very good during the fall and winter days. Finally, I don't know if I would buy this bottle at full price nor would I go out of my way that I had to wear it on my wedding day. It's a really nice frag...it deserves at least.... 8.5/10. Two thumbs up...

elbenja
elbenja

They dropped the ball on this one. This is a very unique scent in which nutmeg dominates. I bought it because I love the nutmeg with tobacco. It is great. The problem is that the longevity is poor on my skin. There is no trace of it after 3 hours. Too bad, because the scent is very nice.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

After reading reviews for this scent, I had mixed feelings about what to expect from it. Today I finally tried it for the first time. I half expected it to smell generic and boring and that I would be disappointed. I can now report that it's better than that. I had an appointment this afternoon with my massage therapist and as he was working on me I kept catching whiffs of something in the air that smelled nice and I wondered if it was the fragrance I was wearing. Turns out, it was. When I first sprayed this scent on, I thought - hmmm....it reminds me of something I've smelled before, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Truth be told, I wasn't too impressed. However, once the fragrance settles into itself and the heart notes come out, it gets more unique and pleasant. The one thing that made me nervous was the tobacco note in the base. Generally, I am not a fan of tobacco in fragrances. Something about the note reminds me of cigarettes, which I despise. The smell literally makes me nauseated. A perfect example would be Versace's The Dreamer. I don't like it or anything else that smells remotely close to it. Dirty ashtrays come to mind. I cannot detect the tobacco note in Vera Wang for Men and I'm happy about that. To me, this fragrance is warm, making it perfect for Fall and Winter. It's a little strong when it first goes on but becomes smoother after about a half hour or so. It's soft spices pair nicely with the acidity of the yuzu. I am glad the yuzu is in there, it adds a dimension of freshness that is needed. I believe Vera Wang was successful in how she marketed this scent. It is, in a word, "classy." Perfect for a man on his wedding day. I don't love it but I do really like it. The sillage is good but the longevity could be better. Still, it has its place in my collection and serves its purpose well.

deanyunuss
deanyunuss

i love this perfume so much i had to wear it sparingly as it's not easy to get it here in my country....

hogan00
hogan00

smells light and spicy. can't wait to wear it in the fall.

probably have to spray on clothes for better longevity, and don't be afraid to go heavy on the spritzer for this one.

classy fragrance.

marioslg3
marioslg3

From the first sniff, i immediately see the similarities with tom ford for men, almost identical but tom ford a bit more natural. What i dont see is the relation with issey miyake. There is a touch of dolce n gabbana the one but i see WV as better and more mature, less sweet. A nice perfume for mature guys, not something that has never been made before more or less but this doesnt matter. Tobacco anise leather and nutmeg brighten by the citrus is all the game. Recommended...

rprovenz
rprovenz

I get almost a Issey miyake meets dolce and gabanna the one vibe. Pleasant smell for the price.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Kind of unisex. It's elegant. It's pleasent. I get citrus and wood, maybe some musk in there, spicy of course. It can be worn on a summer night or even in winter. I like it, and Vera Wang should consider making an intense version of this Eau De Perfum. This can be re-mastered and it can even be a classic if re-crafted. It is missing something. Try it.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

"Masculine with an unexpected freshness, it leaves a very seductive trace."

Wrong on all counts! It isn't masculine at all, the freshness is not only expected, it's a cliché, and seduction is far from this scent's emotional signature. The bottle I smelled had a terrible BO note. It must have gone off somehow. It's what? Intended for a wedding? What a bizarre promotional campaign.

benpaul12
benpaul12

The Yuzu reminds me strongly of Issey Miyake, who seems to have pioneered the use of this fruit. But what sets it apart from L’eau D’Issey is the spicy background. This makes Vera Wang’s Pour Homme a few touches more masculine.

The Yuzu hits you on the first spray, then the dry down makes the yuzu sweeter and it mingles with the mandarin leaf, tobacco and leather – this softens the citrus making it more appropriate for autumn or night-time wear.

It certainly is a soft fragrance that could be worn by men or women. I don’t find it very complex – nor do I find it very original. But I don’t think this matters one bit. It is a wonderful smell that hints at subtle class, pushing one obvious note, but as you get closer signifies a stronger background. I find Eternity does this also, and both do it extremely well.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Long lasting, amazing, i liked it a lot, highly recommended.

randy koehler
randy koehler

Great fragrance!!

One can wear this day or night in all seasons except summer which I would wear at night and wear a summer scent during the day.

To me in the top i get the scent of an issey Miyake summer edition and the heart i get a light tobacco mixed with anise. In the closing basenotes are a little bit of issey Miyake intense edition mixed with sandalwood.

I don't get much of a leather scent but i love it, this is definitely a unique scent and i love the bottle.

Recommend this to every guy out there as it should be in your top ten fragrances.

I can understand the complaints that this one is not especially unique and that it may be "unnecessary." And I can see the comparisons to others, such as Tom Ford for Men. However, the idea here may have been to create a "masculine" scent that others, especially women, won't find overwhelming or "old." If that was the idea then I think it succeeded. Of course this is not aimed at the aficionado, so if you thought something like Macassar was going to be marketed under the Vera Wang name you need to rethink your perception of today's designer scents. Also, this is the kind of scent you will experience in occasional wafts, not a steady, heavy "sillage" (though longevity is great). If you want that, good old Jacques Bogart has you covered (along with more than a few others, such as the "cheapo," Lapidus Pour Homme). To me Vera Wang for Men has excellent balance and is reasonably natural smelling. Because it is complex enough for me and none of the notes bother me, I would certainly consider wearing it a couple times per year. The "problem" is that with my 200+ bottle rotation, I really don't feel a need to possess it, so if you see it on my swap list don't think it's because I find it unappealing. It's just not a scent that will likely ever lead me to say, "boy, I really feel like wearing that Vera Wang scent today." However, if you don't like the anise type of note in Tom Ford for Men but otherwise like that one, I advise sampling this one. In particular, I really like how the yuzu is integrated into the blend and how long it lasts.

trickykid300
trickykid300

By this instead of Issey Myaki, this is the way Yuzu should be. Vera Wang wins.

Canda12406
Canda12406

I love this fragrence. It's just like the one IMO but has a light tobacco smell that gives it a more formal smell. It lasts very short. Under 4 hours and silage is average. I truly cannot get enough of this smell. It's under rated in many levels. Wish it lasted longer but overall a perfect ten in the actual smell. Must try. I will for sure use in my late nights with my sexy girl. I recommend the same for you other guys. Masterpiece for the night out before the sheets. Thank me later :)

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is fresh, spicy and citrusy, plus the dominant scent, weakened tobacco. Really nice and well made.

I first received a sample of this, along with a scented facial towel. The moment I took a sniff on this EDT, I directly fell in love.

The bottle design is great, it's simple and just nice. I like the cap made of wood.

The only downfall is, the lasting power and silage is quite weak.

martynW
martynW

The innocent spray of mandarin and the opening zest of yuzu wane to an eerie middle-tone, (anise and something else ?oriental, mid-eastern? far-away?). This gives way to a perfect balance between the deeper and darker notes of sandalwood and tobacco. Dark. Forbidding, but so intoxicating and luring - like a moth to a flame. This is the fragrance of the ultimate Hedonist - no shame, no excuses, and no regrets - the scent of an unrepentant, Hell-bound sinner...

Akhan

I am so happy this is not common! I love it!

Lvegas
Lvegas

One of my favourite fragrances ever, I wear it regularly and never tire of it

dani_i89
dani_i89

Amazing...better than any other citrus scent, and different too. The tobacco and the woods really keep it from being your typical acqua di gioneric. Perfect for all occasions, this one reminds me of Boss Bottled (not the smell, the versatility)

mdjonze
mdjonze

Gave this a try with high hopes and was let down. Starts off very citrusy and dries down into a light musk. Boring as hell!!! Looking to give my bottle away.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Opening and sour / citric yuzu lasts a few minutes, then the note appears synthetic tobacco which is easier to please note than the natural tobacco. The leather note identifying still do not know, but if the smell of leather jacket, so I did not feel this perfume. Already 30 minutes after application I felt something a little sweet, like a musk, very lightly, but this note is not described in the perfume. In the drydown there is a very smooth sandalwood. It is a very pleasant fragrance and can be used both day and night. Beautiful Bottle, cover wood without varnish (just a sealer). I think it's worth if you buy at a good price.

scent: 7.5 / 10
Projection: 5/10 (mild, very close to the skin)
Longevity: 5/10 (about 6 hours)
Age to use it: +25 years
Versatility: 8/10 (Good for everyday use, except for very hot days)

alfreal
alfreal

You can really feel wedding bells on this scent. Fruity combined with a woody aromatic fragrance. Longevity is quite good. I prefer to wear this on a cold day or night.

Linden
Linden

Opens sour and fresh-the yuzu is very strong, then turns green, slightly floral and dries down to a subtly sweet tobacco-woody base. Initially makes me think of Ck Truth up top blended with Euphoria(M) in the base; the suede accord seems similar to the light leather apparent here. A pleasant, warm weather scent; subtle with good longevity. Having tried TF for Men, I immediately though of VW, they are very similar, even in color.

Akhan

A refined fragrance which is captivating and sensual. It also manages to be refreshing despite its elements which border on warm.
I bought this and wore it often in 2005, and when i ran out of it i did want to replenish it but somehow did not. Recently again i went out to grab a fragrance that is neither too warm nor too cool and saw this on the shelf. Bingo, the fragrance and i asked the salesman to spray some on my wrist. It was a reunion! this belongs to me and it sort of compliments who i am, so there were not second thoughts. i bought it right away.
If you are looking for something medium-stated and just appropriately luxurious you cannot go wrong with this one. The plus point is that not every one is wearing it! so there will always be that uniqueness which we all love.
I am quite surprised reading comments about how it does not last. On me it lasts for a good 8-10 hours. It gets subtle which is good because end of the day one wants to unwind!

rt94103
rt94103

Picked up a 3.4oz tester of this for a song on eBay. Glad I did as I hear it's discontinued.

This is a wonderful everyday scent, very fresh, albeit somewhat light, but I don't find it "weak"; it's just a bit subtle after dry down, once the POW! yuzu citrus mellows out. Then maybe it's the mandarin leaf and sandalwood that are working magic for me. To me there's almost a Chanel Pour Homme lurking deep down in there, perhaps that's what others identify as Allure.

It's subtle, but a wonderful, mellow subtle; one that is intoxicating, leaving you wanting more, inhaling deeply to capture the balanced and subtly nuanced nose.

I would say this works as a unisex scent. But it's definitely masculine enough, and subtle enough, for men in my estimation.

Simple, understated and refined. Love it. (Wondering if I need to stockpile! WIsh I had the cap...)

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

Opens with A citrus combo of mandarin and yuzu with middle notes of strong leather and light nutmeg. Once dry, the sandalwood lingers. This is a light fragrance of short duration; not a favorite. Still have half of a 1.5 oz edt hanging around.

OrangeProse
OrangeProse

I loved this on my boyfriend when he first bought it but now I find it a bit dull.

And on my skin it doesn't work at all. The woody note reminds me of furniture polish! Good quality furniture polish, but still...

It's pretty inoffensive, different by virtue of being sort of floral-citrus-woodsy but it doesn't last long.

Meh.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

My partner has this and loves it. Its such a wonderful all around scent. I don't think its formal at all, but certainly good enough for dressy occasions. Its light but distinctive. He's gotten lot of compliments from other men! Its also very good for hot climates. He has worn this pretty much everywhere. On his 4th bottle now!

For some men sure, a little boring, especially those that are very deep into fragrances. I think though very good for someone starting out. It can be a springboard into other fragrance houses.

Blessed
Blessed

One of the best Men fragrance, Vera Wang did well here really unique Men perfume

8.5/10

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This fragrance is very safe and light I agree with the reviewers that it could be used for everyday. Its not that its a bad perfume, I do not think I would wear this on my wedding day because it is not really memorable, and does not stand out. It also sadly does not last very long. It lasted on me about one hour and then dissapeared.

m-hani

حتما تهیه کنید
با احترام

babybash44
babybash44

Very elegant, soft, subtle and beautiful scent. It's woodsy and classy, I recommend for fall/spring use. It's nice, very nice.

madhatter1
madhatter1

My husband just tried the tester vial of this.Its nice on him. It smells to me more easier on the nose than the D and G original he's worn in the past. Someone (another man) walking by after he had it on for 30 minutes gave the scent a compliment.

Phadelle
Phadelle

Perfect scent for a wedding day. My favorite male perfume.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This is hands down one of the best men's cologne's I have ever smelled, and there have been many. I could smell it all day. I've worked and lived around men who like cologne. They didn't bathe in it, but it was noticeable. Most haven't worn cheap scents. I've walked through plenty of Axe body spray clouds amongst teenagers at the mall. So over the years I've decided what I like and don't like in a men's fragrance. Vera Wang for men is elegant. It's a gentleman's fragrance, and also a good signature fragrance. I don't like her perfumes, but this is nice. I've heard some say it's for the +25 crowd, but I'd prefer younger men to wear something like it too. It would save them years of time searching for a good cologne. This is the type that settles nicely on skin. It's the perfect boyfriend scent to me. This is going to grab the attention of a certain type of woman, and yes you want her attention. I don't think enough guys notice it while they reach for the more popular colognes. I like a guy who takes the time to buy cologne, and doesn't just buy what the girl at the counter wants to sell them.

crestfallen
crestfallen

A very nice soft inviting fragrance. My only complaint (a very small complaint) is that it reminds me of something my aunt would wear, but in a very fashionable sense, not old or musty or anything like that. Very classy, 25+ yr old crowd. Give me a few years and I will probably get it. On the plus side, its not extremely popular so not a lot of other guys have it.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The combo of yuzu, nutmeg, and some odd woody base just doesn't do it for me. Beautiful bottle, but to my nose this is pretty awful.

saint2006
saint2006

I purchased this for my brothers wedding, and im very pleased with it. It's a very Warm, Sexy, seductive scent.
Everyone alway compliments me on this one.

andy
andy

gotto say it kinda smelled femnine to my nose, not too manly and i think the musk and spice gives this away as a horndog scent but its apparently very appealing to some people

iMaverick
iMaverick

Tom Ford for Men's older brother. The longevity is not really good, but it is a rather good woody warm and spicy scent.

i am a big fan of this fragrance since buying this a few years back. its a winner for special occasions. fresh and spicy, not laid back enough for everyday use.

gucci
gucci

i love this pne omg this one can be easily someone's signature because it's easy to be worn and very soft manlyish floral fragrance

ZeeK
ZeeK

This is the only masculine offering by Vera Wang so far. Vera Wang Men is a sweet – fresh fragrance but quite seductive, enchanting and entirely a gentlemen’s fragrance.

For me it is a blend of citrus – green at top, leather – aromatic spice at heart and tobacco – wood at base by preserving the notes in such a way that keeps the fragrance sweet & refreshing overall. You won’t get a pure citrus nor leafy mix at start but a fruity fresh sweetness, you won’t get spicy leather warmth at heart but a fresh & mild aroma of anise mingles with nutmeg & leather notes, so as dry-down won’t give a tobacco-y warmth but a mix woody affect with sandal wood.

I have few reservations about its lasting but yes over apply is the only fix to keep it with you while silage is reasonably good. It is suited for special & romantic occasions. I recommend it as a safest choice of scent for romantic wear. But my thumb goes full up as it is a proven “seductive thing” for my chemistry.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Had it a few years back when it was new. very very nice and pleasant fragrance but also very uninspiring. Rather boring. Ideal for everyday in the office or on a first date or job interview if you wanna play it "safe"...hint hint: you might not get the job if the position requires someone with attitude and personality, lol. Probably the IDEAL fragrance for a perfume world novice or a safe gift for a middle class educated bachelor.

stevenfarrisohio
stevenfarrisohio

If only the fragrance was as interesting as the packaging. A very light, powdery attempt in creating a formal fragrance. It is balanced but the fragrance loses sustainability. If this was created for a "Wedding collection" the scent will be long gone before the reception...

acc
acc

Although it is promoted as a wedding fragrance, it is perfect for everyday use. you can spray this to work, a restaurant or a night out. ıf you like woody fragrances that are softened with some citruses this is a good option.

enocmohamed
enocmohamed

It is funny, I bought at Cancun.. and I tested it.. and.. unbelievable... it remains in my hand after 2 days... awesome... well.. it didn't happen again.. . It is a very rare fresh-wooden mix with some sandal notes... good for somebody who wears Suit or just to use it on Winter or at night.

ticalau
ticalau

i test it and i don't like it... 2 fruty and 2 feminine for my taste! And it's not powerful at all... just 2 or 3 hours i guess last on my hand... just a simple fragrance! And i don't like the bottle either... 2 feminine ;)

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang 4.18 out of 5 based on 271 ratings and 51 user reviews

Aftershave 3.4oz
46.95 GBP
Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men 100ml Eau de Toilette Spray
Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men 100ml Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 1.7oz
Vera Wang Gift Set by Vera Wang Gift Set for Men Includes 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz After Shave Balm 3.4 oz Body Wash
NORDSTROM.com
Vera Wang Cologne by Vera Wang, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Vera Wang Cologne by Vera Wang, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Vera Wang Cologne by Vera Wang, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Vera Wang Cologne by Vera Wang, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.