Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Mito Vero Profumo for women

Mito Vero Profumo for women
dislike

Mito Vero Profumo for women Pictures Mito Vero Profumo for women Pictures Mito Vero Profumo for women Pictures

“The warm air is pervaded by a pleasant sensation of white flowers, jasmine and newly blooming magnolias, garlands of moist moss, aromatic leaves and proud cypresses. Slowly the fragrance rises. Up, up, higher and higher still, to join, all of a sudden, the crystalline jets gushing in the fountains and resting on the mirrors of water in the garden. Millions of miniscule water particles intertwine to create a shining, perfumed veil that rests on the cold marble shoulders of countless statues: gods, nymphs, fauns, dragons and mermaids. Time has stood still in the garden: yesterday is today is tomorrow." Mito was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Vero Kern.

Magnolia Citruses Champaca Jasmine Galbanum Hyacinth Cypress Moss

Cristalle Eau de Toilette
Diorella Parfum

Mito Fragrance Reviews

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

The happy opening of Mito! It's a zesty citrus party sorbet! (Think outdoor garden party at a gorgeous villa.) Swirls of fragrant notes in a complex accord sparkle with lemon shining the brightest.

As the lemon wanes, cypress and mosses power up for a sophisticated summery unisex scent. This would smell scrumptious on a man. The cypress gives it a bit of European flair, (Think Grace Kelly and Cary Grant on the French Riviera. A red hot convertible driving hairpin turns down a craggy cliff by the sea). My new official party under the stars date scent!

celticelle
celticelle

I think the best word that describes this fragrance is pungent. It's a very avant garde green perfume that's not for those who play it safe with their perfumes. Unique and "arty." Try this when you want to explore into new and interesting territory. It's so freshly green, like snapping fresh growth twigs and smelling the sap and earthy smell of the growing boughs of a plant.

Starts off with a fresh citrus, but as the middle phase of the green develops, which smells like the juniper note with a small bit of moss, a dirty magnolia and jasmine appears that turns it into more of a floral. The flower notes are sultry and overripe. It smells like going into a dense jungle with ripening fruit hanging from the broken branches. A very strange and beautiful scent.

Q80
Q80

I recently realized that the pyramid breakdown of vero's perfumes are quite different & the d`Extrait is not a higher concentration of the EDP, That's what Vero's brand seller said to me and it is true like this one here, it is 85% different than Mito d`Extrait version as it has that sour citrus as the leading note with a mild sweetness from the floral notes (mostly the magnolia) with a sharp hidden jasmines that whips the innocent white floral to add mean effects to the whole juice unlike the d`Extrait version where there is more green, more earthy than florals. Mito EDP is kind of similar to Hiram fragrance, sometimes Voyage, and sometimes Shangri la but definitely i get something similar.

Now the problem i am facing with vero is, what if i liked Mito d`Extrait & mito EDP, should i take both of them! it's like a double take! honestly it is consciously thoughtful.

nargis
nargis

The opening of every one of Vero Kern's fragrances reminds me of something else, usually one or more of the fragrance ingredients used in cleaning products or soaps. That doesn't mean that I don't like or even love most Vero Profumo fragrances, especially Mito which I wear often.

Mito opens for me with lemon scented dishwasher soap and lots of galbanum, one of my favorite fragrance notes. She moves on to a bouquet of spring florals resolving to oakmoss and cypress. The whole effect is clean, uplifting, invigorating and joyful.

Karenin
Karenin

The source of inspiration for the fragrances composed by the Swiss perfumer Vero Kern becomes obvious to even a mildly experienced perfumista: it´s the golden years of perfumery, when creativity, innovation and willingness to undertake risks were not odd concepts but standards by which a perfumer´s erudition and craftsmanship could be judged. Having said that, Ms Kern´s perfumes are no mere blasts from the past. She sprinkles each fragrance with an air of modernity, making them accessible to today´s perfume enthusiasts. Nonetheless, at the same time, she makes sure they do not become objects of mass adoration.

The skilful mix of “Mito”´s notes (predominantly citruses and flowers) creates one of the most pleasant effects I´ve experienced in a fragrance. This is what a sun-drenched spring day should smell like: zesty-sweet, invigorating, enveloping; in a word joyous. Like that morning in the middle of June many years ago when Mrs Dalloway decided to buy the flowers herself. “Mito” is an olfactory walk through a well-kept, lush garden whose flowers, bushes and trees invite you to linger in their shade, breathe in their intoxicating aroma and daydream. Since “Mito” is a nod to classic chypres, oakmoss is another essential note present. In spite of their reputation for not being the most approachable sorts of fragrance, the haters of classic (or any) chypres shouldn´t be put off by “Mito”. On the contrary, in my opinion, thanks to Vero Kern´s ability to add a “modern twist” to her perfumes, “Mito” is anything but scary or standoffish.

To this reviewer, “Mito” is joie de vivre bottled. I can´t get enough of this lively blend of top-quality materials and the positive effect this composition has on all my senses whenever I spray it on. I´ve put “Mito” on my wish list, where, unfortunately, it will probably remain for a while as it´s rather pricey. But being aware of its existence is pretty comforting, too. Bravissimo, Vero!

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Octavian Coifan is right: perfumery is an art and all one has to do to completely understand that is to experience any one of Vero Kern's compositions. I'm finally experiencing MITO for the first time after ordering a sample of the extrait from Lucky Scent and now she's created a new scent called "Rozy" (sigh).

I found myself sniffing my wrist over and over again this morning before I could even write this. It has been that way for me with each scent Vero creates. I won't even launch into notes in MITO as everyone else has pretty much articulated that in their impressions of the composition. And while many have compared it to Chanel's Cristalle ( I can see that, kind of), what I'm getting is the same deeply haunting beauty that brings Le Parfum de Therese to mind as to my nose, MITO has that melancholy slightly decayed melon/flowers thing going on and I love it. Currently, I'm reading a book that's a series of vignettes by the writer Andrei Codrescu called "New Orleans Mon Amour", all done in the 20 years he lived in New Orleans (My favorite city in the U.S.). One of my favorite passages from the book:

"A scent of strawberries, verbena and warm chicken feathers lingers throughout the port. In the early afternoon on your very own balcony hugged by the generous magnolia, Tony Green's Gypsy Trio sets up to play. Tony gives the world just what you've been too lazy to provide: rhythm, shape, energy, melancholy and longing."

This is what all of Vero's compositions do for me as they have the ability to evoke a strange state of reverie and moments of longing that leave me melancholy in my inability to put my finger on just what exactly it is that I'm longing for. But I'm okay with that because this is when I feel the most alive.

Even though Onda is still my favorite, I will wear MITO the next time I visit New Orleans. Vero Kern continues to amaze me.

UPDATE: This review was actually for Mito Voile D'Extrait.

missmoa
missmoa

When I put this on it smells so green, exactly like a broken dandelion stalk, like that white sap! It's so green and bitter and the warm yellow color is a bit misleading. The fragrance feels more lime green with a tint of brown in it, like the brown color that appears on green fruit if you bit it and left it out. But after the almost unbearable bitter start it softens down a bit and you've got the bitter, mossy green scent - perfect for early spring, especially if you don't like the fruity floral sweet scents.

henri345que
henri345que

For me, it's always a pleasure to try a Vero profumo creation, because you can see that Vero Kern puts her knowledge and passion in service of fragrances that are rich, exquisite, complex, familiar but not common. Mito is a fragrance and a fragrant experience to me, one of a sunny garden of mosses, flowers, herbs and citrus aromas. It starts more bitter, earthy, and then becomes more lemony, slightly sweet and flowery. I'll not dare to try to describe the notes, because i think that there is more in it that i can say. It's just beautiful, a classic with a kind of modern interpretation. I love it.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

this is spectacular - the sparkling opening with bitter, green and citrus bubbles is just exhilarating. makes you smile immediately. later, the composition becomes transparently woody and flowery but not too much, it just retains its green, elegant, oakmossy character. somewhere in the middle I find a ( very distant though) resemblance to Eau de Rochas, my summer staple, but this is much smoother, of a higher quality and effect. a love at first sniff.

siauseque
siauseque

In search of something well done and unusual. It is wonderful that I can try some amazing and pricey perfumes via decants. Mito has 12 hr. longevity on me and is full of surprises. This is what I was hoping AG Mandragore would be like. This is what I am hoping the future is like. I love Mito.

winkie11
winkie11

With my recent purchase of Mito.....I received a card
from .vero.profumo. that reads.....

.mito. the scent of eternal beauty

The warm air is pervaded by a pleasant sensation of white flowers, jasmine and newly blooming magnolias, garlands of moist moss, aromatic leaves and proud cypresses. Slowly the fragrance rises. Up, up, higher and higher still, to join, all of a sudden, the crystalline jets gushing in the fountains and resting on the mirrors of water in the garden. Millions of minuscule water particles intertwine to create a shining, perfumed veil that rests on the cold marble shoulders of countless statues: gods, nymphs, fauns, dragons and mermaids. Time has stood still in the garden: yesterday is today is tomorrow.
For a moment the perfume fills our desire, satisfies our need for lightness and our yearning for better times.
The myth of a timeless beauty.

Vero Kern

lisa o
lisa o

imagine a fleshier, deeper cristalle. with a big focus on galbanum, hyacinth and a moist cypress, that is transferring you to your last holidays at south europe.
the opening (resembles a bit of an intesified eau de guerlain without the aldehydes& caraway) of citrus is hard to describe in single notes, both vegetal and juicy citrus, clearly lemon, maybe bergamot or cedrat, or lemongrass or verbena? they are so well blended, nothing peeks out, it also "shimmers" kind of, in different shades of green as soon as it warms on skin.
magnolia and champaca sweetly shine through as the heart unfolds.
and the best of all is this cozy drydown. one of the few perfumes I would permanently overspray because I can't get enough of it.
and oh wonder, my husband picked this out of many samples I showed him (that he didn't like) and spontaneously said: hey THIS one is GOOD!:-)
nice, because my initial reaction was the same and is still: it is SO GOOD

mudpach
mudpach

Vero Profumo's latest piece of Mito, one of the best ways to display a Mediterranean garden’s revivaling after a summer rain. A sparkling citrus almost throughout the composition, the cypress notes due to the underlying nature of a gentle and subtle green with a fresh fragrance of perfume creation. The flowergarden of jasmine, hyacinth and magnolia notes evoke an ultra feminine soft and sweet flavor. Slight piquancy gives the floral-citrus galbanum chord of smokiness. It’s a very modern fragrance where still there lies the possibility of a timeless classic.

In a world where niche firms introduce ten fragrances at once to impose their presence on the market, Vero Kern took the opposite direction. Three compositions in the last seven years (a total of six fragrances if we include the extrait versions launched in 2010) and now, after two years, here's Mito.

When approaching Vero Profumo's fragrances for the first time, the main aspect that immediately results unquestionable is that certain people (no matter what they do) possesses the "special touch", just like if they were touched by the hands of god. Well, Vero Kern is surely among these people. She has the ability to create classics avoiding to fall into the copycat territory but, the most interesting aspect is that she always enriches any of her fragrances with a a strong assertive character and, if you want, with a quirky twist. This is the hardest task of them all. Build an extremely solid line-up that continuely winks at classic perfumery but astutely skipping all the dogmas and stereotypes. There is a classicism inherent to every fragrance this woman delivered so far yet they're somewhat modern. Modern yes but, somewhat, as opposed to trendy, to pop.

Mito makes no exception. A blast of greenness introduced by galbanum, fizzy/juicy lemon and a strong leafy element that immediately reminds of lemongrass, green lime leaves, lemon peel and unripe fruits. The opening is by all means striking. Sous Le Vent is the first fragrance that comes to mind but, don't get me wrong, the two don't share many similarities, they simply move in the same green territory that will make the happiness of all those perfumistos that can't never get enough of the typical "oomph" of the most outstanding green compositions in history. An earthy note shows its presence right away joined by brilliant floral patterns (Hyacinth, White Magnolia Champaca, Jasmine). Said florals never become too prominent, they simply remark their presence with extremely elegant and sophisticated details. Everything is incredibly well blended and balanced to result astonishingly beatiful. A touch of sweetness serves to slightly smooth the overall srark vibe but , fortunately, it never deflects the fragrance from its assertive personality. An outdoorsy fragrance that smells of ancient gardens, countless green facets, mosses, secular cypresses, history. This is the smells of culture as opposed to the smell of supericial fashion. A timeless classic, a mandatory purchase.

As someone else said before me "These things don't happen by accident, but only as the work of a genius". No doubts, Mito and Vero Kern are the proof that modern perfumery is not dead.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vero Profumo Mito fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vero Profumo Mito, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mito by Vero Profumo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mito by Vero Profumo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.