Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

rubj Vero Profumo for women

rubj Vero Profumo for women
dislike

rubj Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj Vero Profumo for women Pictures

For the eccentric and flamboyant. Rubj evoques something red, orange, warm... passionate.

Sweet orange blossom from Morocco, in a mellifluous shimmery dress of the finest notes of musk, earnestly courted by tempting Egyptian jasmine. An auspicious alliance, indeed. A rendezvous in Sheikh Nefzaoui’s «Perfumed Garden» – a place of secret passions. Perfume was created by Vero Kern in 2007.

Musk Jasmine African Orange flower Cumin

Harbinger

rubj Fragrance Reviews

nicenspice
nicenspice

For me, personally, it could do without the overpowering animalic element ( like the sweat of someone who ate a very spicy curry the day before, mixed with dried blood )
The powdery, white floral notes which are being suffocated underneath are beautiful.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Vero Profumo
RUBJ (Extrait de Parfum)

• This review applies only to the Rubj Extrait de Parfum, not the voile d’extrait or the EDP.

Oh my freaking god this is gorgeous. A fresh, powerhouse oriental that is so deep and rich I could drown in it blissfully. Startling clarity and no overdone sugary sweetness in the opening fruity elegant swirl of bergamot/Neroli/mandarin. The richness and depth of the succulently juicy mandarin fruit is distinct from the typical, “orange” 5-10x fold found in most orangey topnotes. Thankfully, there is no overdone sourness that exists here in the citrus either. The Neroli is rounded and mellow, not screechy and thin; beautifully blended with the bergamot so that all woody bitterness is neutralized without any added sugar or saccharine, and yet the elegant gravity of the citrus wood itself is not erased. Top notes balanced perfectly here; masterfully done.

The opulent floral heart then shimmers out, enveloping the blend in a plush, luxuriant white shower of radiant orange blossoms, non-indolic jasmine, and a delicately supportive silken tuberose. Nothing soapy, nothing detergent-like or shrill here, this is a full bodied white floral center with all harsh edges smoothed into velvet. The supportive base is also multifaceted and perfectly well balanced so as to actually achieve its purpose in increasing the lush profundity of composition by providing an elegant foundation of mossy-earthy-damp woods & restrained musk, without overwhelming the central core. Incredibly well blended clean mélange of cedar, oakmoss, and white musk with no furniture polish or anything vile anywhere to be found. I sense a touch of violet in the base and on me it is dew-laden, non-powdery, liquid, and all plum-dark violet petal seduction.

(I get no cumin whatsoever in this composition, none at all on my skin; zero, zilch, nada, nothing; not a trace. I am negatively sensitive to skank. I detest it. My chemistry tends to magnify base notes and skank as well. Perhaps there is a difference in batches, but in my sample, on my skin, absolutely no cumin to be found.)

In closing, for me, Rubj is all is beauty and balance, and glorious, sultry, succulent, lush, intoxicating decadence. Tropical fruits and flowers, trees, woods, and moss all in full blooming juicy technicolor ripeness with no hint of decay on my skin. I’m in love with this one!

archivist
archivist

I guess I'm lucky that I don't get on well with Vero Profumo scents in general. I find them too strong for my taste, but those seeking sillage monsters will be very happy with this house.

Rubj smells a lot like Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Something to me, I can't remember which one. I had a set of the extraits and this is just like one of them... Maybe Emeralds or Saphhires.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Forgive my fanciful musings, but "Rubj" smells to me like an illicit encounter with a young Edwardian prostitute. In the air hangs the perfume of heady jasmine and neroli, mingled with the faint tang of dried sweat on bare skin.

It's definitely a woman's sweat, not pungently odorous or animalic, but it's undeniably human and surprisingly erotic to me.

I dare say it's not the most easily wearable fragrance around. People will certainly associate the cumin with sweat, and being sweaty is not an impression most of us want our perfume to give off.

Still I find it oddly fascinating from an imaginative point of view.

Q80
Q80

you will never like it unless you get an amazing background story of why it was created, or maybe an inspiration image of where you can smell such smell. it has cumin that makes it quite strong animalic that it would smell like tough sweat hidden under floral citrus essence, it has that similarity with Aziad by Parfum D'Empire specially the animalic part. Animalic lovers would get this right away, but not me.

Douceamere
Douceamere

When I first discovered the Vero Profumo line it was Onda I fell for, with its compellingly dark and strange composition. I can't wear Onda in the warmer months though, and this is when Rubj shines.

Rubj is a heady tuberose/jasmine/orange blossom white floral with musk and an understated spice component. The spice notes give interest and a skin-like aspect to the otherwise abundantly floral scent. On the wrong day I can smell berry notes a little too prominently. On the right day though (which for me are warm, dry days) the musk adds a beautiful undercurrent of warmth to the composition.

Rubj is all voluptuousness and decadence, and smelling it feels like an invitation to pleasure. Wearing it on warm sunny days always puts me in a state of happy bliss.

The beautiful flacon is an absolute pleasure to hold too, one can really tell that sensuality was foremost in Ms Kern's mind when she created this line.

9-na
9-na

Nice! Am wearing Rubj when I feel like getting into some really strong orange blossom scent with a bit of spices to frame it. Like a picture.

nada
nada

Somehow I think notes listed here are not true at all. Something is missing, perhaps patchouli, something powdery and something greenish. It is not citrus blossom to me at all, not a real citrus blossom anyway. And cumin? I do not smell any cumin here at all.

I did like Onda a lot, but this does not do it for me, strong as it is.

Bandit
Bandit

Nothing much to add, a dense white floral with distinct jasmine and orange blossom, for me orange blossom is heavier. Not much indoles here and the florals are not warm and buttery. I get more of a cool impression. As soon as the cumin wears off I don't like it any longer, because to me it gets a little boring. Longevity is good, sillage medium.

Very high class, for fans of oldschool perfumes, but with a very very modern twist. A pleasure to sample it.

It really is the perfume of deja-vu, because it smells somehow very familiar. Don't ask me why, but this combo reminds of a swimming pool...

mudpach
mudpach

The Rubj Extrait was love at first sniff: the Eastern world citations deliciously creamy jasmine fills the whole composition, which mastery involves adding cumin muskly soft coat, which was framed by the fresh scent of orange blossoms. A pleasure to watch as the sweet, spicy and fresh notes supporting others unfold. Very hot and very sensual fragrance confident women.

daniela3
daniela3

Uncommon fragrance but not very easy to be liked soon. The opening 'seems' unoriginal as the orange blossom and jasmine suggest you a sort of deja-vu....minutes after a creamy, pleasant musk keeps the situation under its control while making a sort of traite-d'union. Just to complicate the matter a little bit, my skin suggests the possible presence of spices something reminding vaguely curry: this is not unpleasant! This is not an unpleasant perfume at all showing also how simple can be, making a good perfume: few right elements and only good quality ingredients!
Nice, though, discreet sillage, long beautifully lasting!

I use it in winter but I recently discovered that it can be nice also in the middle season.

Dominga
Dominga

.r u b j.,second effluvium,between vision and smell,signed by Vero Kern by .vero.profumo.
R u b j.is named "the dandy and eccentric lady".
Composition:bergamotto,mandarin,neroli,orange blossoms absolute,tuberose,cedar,mousse de chèn,musck.Dandy,a mix of originality and creativity,but far from to be an eccentric,thus aware of a "vie-comme-une-oeuvre-d'art".
Elegance,refinement,inspiration are characteristics,typical accents in .r u b j.A nobile expression,extraordinary construction,(a perfection made of extraits of passions),a tuberose which is the seduction,temptation,gentlefy by orange blossom from Marocco,jasmine from Egypt,softened by mousse de chène,ground-smell,mould and woody.Orange blossom absolute connotes a creamy allure,a buttery harmony,a soapy, soft, mousse-like, facet,which belonged to orange blossom absolute(physical/chimical properties different from its distillate).
Substances in .r u b j. are natural,preciuous,rare,this means a powerful nose's ability and complexity in construction.
.R u b j. is an icon of virtues,like a hollywood diva,dandy,elegant,"provocant et arrogant.."(1929_Stereo Total Lady Dandy song).
Poetic,sensual,lovely..It is known this fragrance is inspired by Sheik Nefzaoui's scent garden,an arabian erotic book(950)titled "Il giardino profumato per lo svago dello spirito"...
...It is a kind of erotic world inspiration,not the carnal charm in .o n d a.,but a flowered creamy sensuality,the power of whom seduce,entice and is seduced,among sultans and princesses,"eunuchi" for hammam's baths,and the garden's smelly flowers{rose,orange blossoms,giunchiglias,hyacints,jasmines,plants..at Nefzoui's garden},between sensual dances and beautiful sounds,ancient paintings and golden cages.

memechose
memechose

i think vero is one fo the most amazing perfumers in the world. rubj is like the dance of the seven veils of salome, as each layer of the fragrance develops another one appears :)The ingredients she uses as a indie perfumer are far superior to commercial fragrances. kterhark... i love your quote about going staright to the altar (i don't think the price is a typo). also this is a pure perfume so one dab lasts 5x longer than an edp.

F_A
F_A

Rubij is a creamy kind of fragrance. It is very subtle, lightly sweet, but still a very rich fragrance. I can smell creamy blooming violets in the base, no jasmine notes though. It is truly special. A must try!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'll be honest, when I first opened my tester sample and took a sniff I almost put this in the trash- it was that off-putting. But since I spent $6 on it, I felt compelled to wear it for a day. When applied this is actually a very beautiful, multi-faceted scent, and I love it! If this scent were a blind date, one could skip the niceties and go straight to the alter without a pre-nup. It's that good. However, it is also quite expensive- 185 Swiss Francs for 1.7 ML. But at this price range, it needs to have longevity, and it does, but it is subtle. Get yourself a sample and enjoy, this is really special.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vero Profumo rubj fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vero Profumo rubj, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify rubj by Vero Profumo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of rubj by Vero Profumo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.