Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women

rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women
dislike

tuberose
rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women Pictures rubj eau de parfum Vero Profumo for women Pictures

Vero Profumo launched onda eau de parfum in March 2010. The fragrance with the same name, rubj, in extrait de parfum created in May 2007.

"The new perfumes are not the diluted version of the extracts. An eau de parfum needs a structure highlighting more the top notes as opposed to the base notes, but with the aim of keeping the original style of the extract intact".

In order to render the scents lighter and easier to wear, the compositions have been simplified; yet that "je ne sais quoi" unmistakably characterizing the extracts is still clearly there. "I replaced the animalic notes with the unique scent of the passionfruit – says Vero Kern – I personally love it very much and think that it lends a sensual and erotic lightness to the composition". Like an invisible thread, the intriguing scent of passionfruit links the three perfumes: it is at the core of everchanging, unexpected olfactory sensations with multifaceted evolutions.

Vero added passionfruit in the top of the composition.

Photo copyright: saramarotohebrero.com

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Passionfruit Neroli

African Orange flower Tuberose Basil Cumin

Virginia Cedar Musk Oakmoss

Secret Garden

rubj eau de parfum Fragrance Reviews

aschiffm
aschiffm

Now this is a perfume. Yet at first spray on me it was overload of bright citrus and saturated sweet berry (which I dislike).. Lucky for me it quickly settled into the most gorgeous mature musky spicy deep animalic hot..passion fruit!..huh?? And wow. The fruit is so corrupted in the best way possible, I can't even imagine this being classified as a fruity floral because its so much more than that- it has that deep earthy oakmoss seeping through in the base. it's unique, distinctive and alluring. Brings to mind the vivid colors of rubies, maroon velvet, and sex.
Not for everyone, but I love it and easily signature-scent worthy.

Q80
Q80

This one is more cuminous as the cumin is overdose specially the first spray, top note notch as it overcomes the whole juice and makes it too spicy and sweaty like fragrance. When it cools down the base goes cumin again with a harsh overdose feeling and i can barely smell the rest of the notes although i thought the passion fruit would break in and would smell sharply knowing how strong the passion fruit smell is but unfortunately it doesn't appear or show easily which is a drawback for me.
I prefer the d'extrait version over the EDP for it's variety and balance.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Vero Profumo
RUBJ (Eau de Parfum)

• This review applies only to the Rubj Eau de Parfum, NOT the voile d’extrait or the extrait de parfum.

Oh dear god the horror. Opens with an explosive blast of cumin! No…. not herby sedate basil, but skanky, sweaty, kitchen spice for use in hot/spicy cuisine raw ground cumin! I’m in my kitchen frying up a batch of ground beef for authentic Mexican Chili and just added a walloping dose of cumin! That’s just how strong it is! My eyes opened wide at first sniff and then closed as I jerked my head back and away to escape further inhalation. I was astounded. I was expecting something fruity, something floral, maybe just a little spicy at least for an opening. I was not expecting one of the strongest kitchen cooking spices outside garlic to assault my nose. Yes there is a tad of spaghetti sauce herby fresh basil in there too, but the freakish magnitude of the cumin……dear god why?

I am not a bigot. I love Mexican food. It’s one of my favorite cuisines. I love to taste and eat cumin as a food spice, but not in my perfume. I admit, I am negatively sensitive to skank. I detest it. My chemistry tends to magnify base notes and skank as well. I cannot handle the overabundance of cumin in this composition, at least, not on my skin.

I can clearly detect a light Neroli-laced citric and a slightly overripe fleshy passionfruit behind the wall of cumin. Later on, a very beautiful and non-indolic orange blossom/tuberose mélange swirls up from behind that ever present wall of cumin. A very understated foundation of clean, light mossy woods and white musk finish this off…..behind the ever present wall of cumin.

Seriously, the cumin NEVER died on me all through the 4 hour wear. If you want to smell like homemade tacos and little bouquet of white flowers, you might like this, because that is how it plays out on my skin.

Moonflower11
Moonflower11

It's a very nice scent. The opening is spicy and I can detect very well cumin, after a while white flowers become predominant then it continues with a soft passion fruit that give to this scent a sweet note but everything blends together very well. I think this it a very elegant and femminine scent, very beautiful to wear in every seasons. Rubj has a very good longevity and sillage is not too heavy

mocha43

Rubj has that "Wow" factor from first dab all the way through dry down. It lasts 8 or 9 hours on my skin and I have dry skin. I have 2 or 3 samples from Lucky Scent and am considering a FB when my perfume budget allows. Everyone should try samples of all the Vero scents. They are fantastic!

brent0529
brent0529

If you hide a few rose petals in Courtney Love's thong, and then have her play a 3 hour summer concert on the equator...and afterwards you extract the sweaty, fragmented, elixir contained within...You will have Rubj edp. To get the edt version, have her only play an hour set list, in October. I'm not sure what they have her do to create the extrait.

I like it...

suzrwin
suzrwin

This wears as a straight cumin bomb on me. I love the cumin note in perfumes, but sadly, nothing else comes out to play. Must be a body chemistry thing. Oh well, not like i NEED more perfume :)

lisa o
lisa o

It took time but, oh, I'm smitten...
Found a sample that I rejected in winter and obviously something changed since then with me (or the juice;-), find it extremely attractive..the cumin in the beginning might be something that not everybody likes (give it a chance!), but it definately has to be there, for later, to add its fading spice to the orange blossom middle part.
Maybe it was used to de-romantizise the flower-combo a bit..
Especially the development and drydown are really beautiful...like a luscious, summery watercolor picture in pink and peach...love

edit oct.: it really works better in warm temperature, unfolds more beautifully and seems less "big" (overdressed) than in cold weather...

edit 2 2015: I still wear my sample. OH I want a full bottle so badly...simply makes me happy...

Marli1973
Marli1973

The morning after the curry feast on me. I just wish there was no cumin...
However I really like the fruit and the floral composition.
Lovely scent but not for me.

muskymoi
muskymoi

I cannot wear this. The tuberose in rubj is way too animalic for me. I can appreciate the artistry of the composition but wearing this does not give me any pleasure or comfort. For the reviewer who mentioned armpits....I understand now.

madonnatella
madonnatella

i love this perfume. it is the edp of which i speak now,but "vero profumo.rubj" is a delicious,strong perfume of which,to me,every aspect is favorable. to me the first thing i sense is the enormous blast in da face with tuberose. i love all perfumes with white heady flowers,the stronger the better,and this perfume fits the bill. then slowly the parade of the dirty cumin,fantastic,the neroli and jasmin intermingled always with that artillery of tuberose which seems to never end,and the basil and mossy fragrances topple over each ther. this is a dark and brooding scent to which i definitely return,over and over. the one thing i never get one single whiff from is the passion fruit,perhaps in the form as is above described as "overripe",which is fine with me. an alarmistic,animalistic perfume. love,madonnatella

zimmer73
zimmer73

After a week of owning this dearing scent, I feel I can write a review..maybe..It is one of the most special perfums I have ever worn. It intruigs me, it makes me wanna smell me own body all the time.
One of its mysteries is that the smell it gives out to others around you, is not the same that the one you feel close to the skin. It is quite a personal fragrance, with some serious sexiness in it, like clean intimacy.
Others around me feel the green and fresh side of it, but it is perfect for me at the moment, when I am reading "Fifty Shades og Grey"...dreaming away..

ladykarl
ladykarl

Im really into this so far. however.
People around me have said things that i will translate as 'death by flowers'.
I think its the tuberose as it seems people don't always react well to that smell. I find it creamy and cozy. Also refreshing, intimate and a little bit tart (the passionfruit again). I have a big thing with passionfruits. They were hard to find/get growing up in upstate New York where i would do
anything to get my parents to take me far and wide so that i could eat them.
Anyway, the smell of them has always and will probably always
make me a little weak in the knees. The Neroli, orange blossom
and basil mingle well together as if a fresh breeze in sunned air with citrus.
Over the course of its evolution the floral elements calm down a lot after around the second hour and the slightly dirty (cumin) musk enter the scene. I like this part also and it doesnt smell overly dirty or gross at all to me, more sensual.
This would be so nice for spring :)

pb0330
pb0330

the first time i tried this sample i thought i liked it. the second time i tried it all i smelled was the cumin and it was like a smelly armpit kinda smell. it's kinda like cumin-body odor over a slightly floral scent. this one is not for me.

mudpach
mudpach

The Rubj Eau de Parfum of oriental nature carry on, even a real cool cat wild style. The orange flowers with a vivid passion fruit flavor and seduction perfumes are power-shopping paradise, tuberose connected to more fresh citrus and cypress chord, which is mandarin, bergamot and cedar oakmoss owe. Caraway is associated with basil seasoned comment brought excitement to the composition.

prot72
prot72

Unbelievable discovery, perfection in the perfume world. I don't know how to attract people to use it or at least try. But believe me it is worth big attention and big money as well. One of the sexiest and most evolving perfume that I know. It starts dirty full of cumin and delicate flowers which are difficult to recognize separately - I don't smell tuberose or jasmine, rather slightly sweet flowers directly from the field, full of colors , may be sweet pea, lilacs, dandelions... such beautiful experience. Flowers love the swimming in the passion fruit pulp that is sour and sweet at the same time. Than Rubj evolves into airy, full of hesperides, aldehydes and musky nuances that make you breath easier and deeper. This is very different than I got from any perfume bottle before. It takes all the best elements from fragrances I love mostly, animal but still vegetal notes from Eau d'Hermes or L'Autre by Diptyque, airy and fresh notes as in the beginning of Chanel No.5 or some Parfum de Nicolai, slightly sweet and woody as in tonka based perfumes. In my opinion aldehydes in Rubj make this fragrance perfect, just perfect for summer, the spices give you wonderful experience for Christmas time but flowers remind you happy spring. Rubj is my my new perfection that I enjoy mostly in my collection.

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

Rubj EdP is another masterpiece of Vero Kern. This is not just a lighter version of Rubj Extrait, it is much more. I can't detect white flowers exactly, even though I know, there is Jasmin, Tuberose and Neroli, but they blending each other, so on the skin appears a wonderful spring bouquet. Till is sounds like a shy, moderate fragrance, but there is cumin, so that the fragrance turns to a bit of "bad girl" type of scent, which I adore! Lightness and deepness in the same time. Beautiful!

PrincessAzurea
PrincessAzurea

Tuberose and cumin. Didn't sit well with me - an overblown tuberose with a B.O undertone.

finzi
finzi

I can't write a very comprehensive review because all I get from Rubj EDP is overwhelming tuberose, and a slightly medicinal one at that. It really is so strong on me that I can't pick out passion fruit or any of the other notes that I might enjoy.

Big thumbs down from me, but I never do seem to like tuberose fragrances. The tuberose is there from the opening all the way through the dry down, several hours later.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

The first impression I had was bad and I would say I did not like the perfume but after a while it changes and became a very nice and sweet fruity fragrance so it is better to try it firt before you buy because it is very complex.
For me the strongest scents in this perfume are passion fruit and tuberose, so if you like this mix it is your fragrance.
Overall, it is an elegant and classic fragrance but not for me.

Marilie
Marilie

Rubj EdP came as a surprise to me. The thing is: I like it. And I would have bet everything on either loving or hating it. Here is why:

The facts
- fruity top notes (passion fruit): I'm always a bit wary when it comes to fruity florals. Guess I smelled too many cheap ones of this category.
- Rubj contains tuberose, jasmine and orange blossom so I was prepared for a heady floral mess which can work out just fine or be a scrubber
- Cumin... don't mind it in Fleur d'Oranger (SL), Eau d'Hèrmes or Amaranthine but hate it in Absolue pour le soir (MFK) and the like

What I got
- It's quite fruity in the early stages but not in a refreshing way. The passion fruit gives Rubj some juiciness but it kind of lingers on the edge of smelling overripe. Interesting
- Later: A perfect blend of the florals - not too heady, not one particular note but a creamy white melange
- Maybe it's my skin chemistry but I don't get much cumin. IMO it's perfectly safe for cumin phobics.
- There is a mossy, almost earthy note lurking in the base of Rubj. I believe it is this note that eventually captures a lot of perfumistas.

My overall impression is so so. I admire Rubj for its elegance and vintage-style (I can easily imagine women wearing this to a chic evening garden party). It is a rediscovered chypre. High quality ingredients.
But I don't love Rubj. This may be because I am not the world's most addicted chypre lover. Elegant, classic perfumes are not "me" (if you now think "but that's what I am!!" then please go straight to your nearest nieche perfume shop or order a Rubj sample!)
At the end of the day, I will happily use my sample of Rubj and enjoy its unique development but I do not see myself throwing my credit card (and 135 EUR) over the counter.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

RUBJ was certainly an interesting fragrance to try. I love the strong aromatic opening blast of bergamot and basil. It has a lot of character and it is delicious in a kind of strange savory way. There is just a slight hint of passion fruit and cumin to spice it up. The scent continued with very light passion fruit, tuberose and orange blossom in the heart notes. I have expected the tuberose to be usual strong-headed gal but in this fragrance it is actually tamed and shy prude who does not show her flashing character. The light floral mist continued on my skin for hours and it was quite pleasant. Then I have arrived at the dry down and let me tell you – I did not expect this turn because until the dry down this fragrance on me was quite pleasant and safe. But the musk in the dry down is a bit dirty and animalistic. My skin loves musky scents, which usually do not turn out vulgar on me. In RUBJ it attempts to be discreet but still… I have to say that this one walks the line and at times just about to cross it but then it stops. I guess it was designed to create this kind of risky tone.

I still have to decide whether I like it or not. I certainly love the opening, the heart notes are kind of too light for me and the dry down…well…a bit risky. Nevertheless, RUBJ is certainly a fascinating creation. The sillage is medium but the longevity is great. It took over 3 hours on me to finally arrive at the dry down. I would love to try extrait de perfume.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I fully expect to be punished for my review here but as long my penalty doesn't involve being doused in Rubj EDP I think I will be okay.

I have worked really hard to like this perfume with multiple skin tests and a paper test in case my skin was distorting the fundamentals of the creation. I even turned on the air-conditioner in case the ambient heat was the problem.

To no avail, Rubj EDP still smells for all the world like the skin is oozing the waste product of last night's champion indian curry banquet out through its pores in rivulets of warm sweat. Passionfruit-basil-tuberose I can pick them up but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

It isn't until the musk enters in the drydown (on a skin test) that Rubj truly defies belief though. It has that peppery, fruity, musky male odour found emanating from a healthy scrotum after a sweaty day's work. As a heterosexual woman this is enjoyable in small doses and infiniately superior to the curried sweat accord but still mind-boggling to say the least.

All in all, far too intimate and honest a fragrance for my timid heart.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I remember the extrait being very special, so was eager to try the EDP. To me this has a spicier opening, which is more enjoyable.

The middle phase comes on rather quickly, with a smooth transition to a lovely floral mix. I know a lot of scents like to associate themselves as 'fit for a Queen', but this is one that actually deserves it. The spiciness carries through and allows the florals to wear lush and full. There is a darkness to this scent, cedar?, and I would say this is definitely unisex and could justly be called an oriental woody.

On me as well this wears close to the skin, and I would want to reapply at the 4 hour mark.

mocha43

Exquisite, simply, exquisite. When first applied, the oak, musk and basil predominates, but only for a few minutes. Then the the orange blossom and tuberose unfold. The scent I experience next must be the passion fruit. It is also present in Onda. It is truly wonderful. The development is complex, every note seems of the highest quality. I received this in a scent sample and am very happy to have done so. Rubj lasts for 9 or 10 hours, which on me, is a miracle. The only problem is that it lies so close to the skin, and there is little or no sillage. Also, unfortunately, it costs a small fortune so after my tester is finished, it will just be a lovely memory-----

jeca
jeca

I prefer rubj in eau de parfum, the top note of passion fruit made a magical transformation to the entire composition. It became a delicious fragrance very comfortable to wear. My favorite part is the contrast between finest fruity-floral nuances and sexy rough base. Very strange and very appealing, can't compare to anything... I wear it with pleasure.

The color is definitely red, and the feeling is very safe.