Designers » T-Z » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Black Jeans Versace for men
dislike

leather
Black Jeans Versace for men Pictures

Black Jeans by Versace is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Black Jeans was launched in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Lucien Piquet. Top notes are ginger, lavender, mandarin orange, tarragon, lemon verbena and lemon; middle notes are carnation, iris, jasmine, caraway, rose and geranium; base notes are rosemary, nutmeg, leather, tonka bean, vetiver and cedar.

Ginger Lavender Mandarin Orange Tarragon Lemon Verbena Lemon

sauko

Versace The Dreamer + Blue Jeans + Bvlgari Black = Black Jeans

Kendall
Kendall

This is a very great fragrance, very floral and musky, and a good masculine floral though. This is a rather weird one. It's like this one has a sort of reverse stage. As in most frags initial spray and the first few hours projection and sillage is and monster and then it dries a little closer to the skin, this one does the complete opposite the first few hours are about moderate and then pow!!!! This thing settles and it just projects crazy like cutting thru everything but not overbearing nor unsettling!

eric.cius
eric.cius

1997, my first time buying and wearing Black Jeans, also the same night I first went to a Jungle Rave.
Abandoned bingo hall on the outskirts of Toronto. Feeling excited but nervous, a strange new crowd, strange new music, dark and eerie venue...PERFECT FRAGRANCE.

Black Jeans mirrored my experiences perfectly that night. Dark, strange, new, exciting. Whenever I reminisce about that night I think of Black Jeans, whenever I smell Black Jeans I think of that night.

I agree with Don Tony that this is named wrong. It is definitely black but not Jeans. Overcoat is more appropriate or even a cloak. Putting this on instantly makes you feel more mysterious. Did I mention it's dark? Yes, to me it makes Encre Noir seem like Rainbow Brite in comparison.

It starts with a lemon blast mixed with light "tar" accords (for lack of discerning what notes create this effect) and then I get the rose. I'm suprise that no one mentions the rose in their reviews. To me it is the most manly rose I have smelt in a fragrance. This is what I picture the rose from beauty and the beast smelling like, enchanting.

The drydown on this is amazing. It comes about quickly after the rose calms down and all the notes seem to create this dark, spicy floral zingy lovliness lol Like mentioned it's hard to describe.

Ah absence does make the heart grow stronger. It has been many years since I last had a bottle so I was thrilled to find one the other day for a great price.
Every unique fragrance seems to get discontinued these days...shame really.

I place this fragrance up into my holy trinity of Fragrances...D&G BY, GUCCI ENVY, VERSACE BLACK JEANS.

Great unique scent 10
Longevity 9
Projection 8

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This one I liked at the counter but after 2 wears I could not wear this any longer. I gave this to my father in law. My wife stated that this cologne reminds her of road repairs in the summer. This was not a good buy for me.

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

VERSACE BLACKJEANS IS MORE LIKE A FINE ITALIAN OVERCOAT A MYSTERIOUS AN SOPHISTICATED FRAGRANCE WITH THE WRONG NAME,,THIS IS A COLOGNE WITH ITALIAN CHARACTER PERFECT WITH A FINE ITALIAN SUIT AN OVERCOAT TO MATCH WITH A FINE HANDROLLED CIGAR IN A HIGH CLASS JAZZ BAR HEARING TONY BENNETT ON A COLD NIGHT WITH A BEAUTIFULL WOMEN,,THIS IS MY FAVORITE COLOGNE PERIOD.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Very dry floral-herbal with woody undertones. I also smell linden, orange blossom, and cumin seeds (not listed). Very nice springtime or cool, rainy-day-wear.

Peegore
Peegore

Easily the best of the Versace Jeans range, V.S. Black is an excellent creation.

Certainly not a sweet or powdery offering by any standard, the life of this fragrance is dominated by florals, carnation in the main, and musk. The vetiver and cedar accords slowly show themselves later in the life of the fragrance.

Can't help but be reminded of the gassy Fahrenheit violet leaf accords in this one when I wear it. Not that it's an issue... I love Fahrenheit.

With decent sillage and longevity, and in a different league to Blue Jeans, puzzles me why this fragrance is discontinued.

nasoz
nasoz

i really want this fragrance but difficult to find it ..
this is the most fragrance i wanted .. peppery n tar smell.. damn

yilmazg
yilmazg

Great one. Musky, leathery floral. Geranium is one of my favourite notes and this is a geranium dominated cologne so that's no wonder I love this one. The rubberlike smell is thanks to geranium mixed with leather. A very natural geranium! My nose does not detect the other flowers but musk is evident too although it is not listed. I also think rosemary adds to the tary smell. But this is not a black fragrance. Do not think that this would be perfect for evening wear. It is a bit shy for clubbing etc. If I would pick a colour for this one it would be gray. The tary leather-rosemary note mixed with geranium is a killer. This is a very unique and manly cologne which is similar to Fahrenheit in style. The smell is quite different from Fahrenheit though. The longevity is superb and the smell does not change much. Sillage is average.

Best of the Versace Jeans line for men. And they killed this one too :(

I was never able to get past the "synthetic" opening that, as others have said, has a tar/rubber quality. Be sure you like this kind of thing before blind buying a bottle. I tried with this one at least four times over the course of two years and it was simply too nasty for me. The drydown might be good, and it might work better for someone with a different skin chemistry, but I'd rather smell a driveway being tarred, to be honest.

silentrich
silentrich

A soda fizzy opening that transitions into an ink accord. My favorite out of the Jeans line and one of the best "black" fragrances you can buy.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

My first impression was of tar with woody and floral compounds, Black Jeans is a definite black scent in that it's so thick and scents body is reminiscent to something that's almost unstirrable with a pole. I also agree that the scent is so
Well blended that I can't recognize any notes
Versace's best fragrance in my opinion, their only fragrance I've seen that j would buy again. They seem like a failing house, judging by their other fragrances (Fraiche, Blue Jeans, Red Jeans, Dreamer-yuk! Pour homme) but they can, rarely, make something worth while.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

This is called Dr.Pepper mixed with wood, mixed with more Dr.Pepper.

Timaru
Timaru

I perceive this WAY differently than others, as it seems.
Some people might want to skip reading the note pyramids before writing there reviews...
To me this is a bold, dark rubber/tar kind of scent but more approachable and less overbearing than i e Bulgari Black.
Not fresh, not sweet, no fussing around, just very much macho.
Awesome stuff, whenever I can actually put up with it.

instantjim
instantjim

As Ouch! rightly noted, this one is hard to describe. When thinking about how to categorise this one I jotted down "woody floral musk" in the little notebook I use to write notes for reviews. I was surprised to see that fragrantica also listed it as such (even though no musk is listed).

The reminds me at times of Bulgari pour Homme and at other times of Body Kouros. What I smell is spices, flowers, citrus and wood all balanced exquisitely. This fragrance is smooth and surprisingly long lasting!

slave for scents
slave for scents

i love this scent! first whiff will give you the tangy scent of lemon, citrus and ginger... it's when it dries that the scent gets interesting, with the blend of cedar and tonka bean and nutmeg... also, the vetiver is very faint, quite lasting scent, too. i'd give it 7.5 out of 10

Ouch!
Ouch!

By far my favourite of the men's "Jeans" range and one of my all time favourite men's frags. Gorgeous!

This is an aromatic scent with a modern twist. It's a fresh, partly herbal partly floral blend thta smells very clean. I absolutely love it!

The sillage is pretty good and it's one of those scents that doesn't really change during the drydown with my chemistry, it's very well blended and it's hard to pick out the notes from the huge array that are contained.

Considering the fact that this has got both Lemon & Lemon Verbena (Which I hate) they add nicely to the blend rather that give it a clening product smell.

It's very different, kinda sexy....kinda fresh...kinda herby.
Kinda hard to describe really hehe!

It's definately a winner for me when I want to smell different, you won't smell this on many people for sure.

selinum28
selinum28

Now it is Semana Santa, everything opens and I have found lots of old fragances on a very dark shop! I had never tested this one, the only from Jeans I didn't know. It seems not to have been very popular and I can't understand. I do smell the lavender, which I normally hate, but it is OK in this blend also including the sublime rosemary and many other notes, evoking dry, natural but unexplored spaces. It makes me think of African elegance too, it's not the colour of the bottle, but the smell: it reminds me the exquisite scents found in narrow streets, coming from Moroccan restaurants; the strong perfumes worn by sub-saharian people, even if it is a regular day and they have to work very hard; the beautiful, always perfectly made up women dressing printed clothes and carrying something very special and aromatic to cook...
A very attractive perfume done for a man worthy of great respect.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

This is another fragrance that versace discontinued - there are tar accords in the opening and drydown - lovely scent that quietly whispers 'fahrenheit' to me :)

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Versace black jeans smells like a classy tar. Its aroma is fresh in a unique way.

Recommended for men needing to be different.

Sillage and longevity are average.

All in all. 7/10 for me. Thank you for reading :)

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

nothing to write home about but its a very easy wear,sillage is good also because it lasts a ln time.

Aiona
Aiona

I tried wearing this, despite the fact that it's marketed for men. I was very handsome-smelling all day.

It's kind of an orange-y aromatic (rosemary) smell, with a bit of lavender. I see florals listed as notes, but it's not a floral scent, to me. It's manly. Creamy manly scent. I like it. But not on me.

Black Jeans by Versace 4.15 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Black Jeans fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Black Jeans, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Jeans by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Jeans by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.