Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Blonde Versace for women
dislike

tuberose
yellow floral
Blonde Versace for women Pictures Blonde Versace for women Pictures Blonde Versace for women Pictures Blonde Versace for women Pictures Blonde Versace for women Pictures

Versace Blonde was created in 1995, in honour of Gianni Versace’s sister, blond Donatella, this perfume’s muse (in commercial).

It was created for a woman who can do anything in her way and under her conditions only. It is a very intensive and seductive floral composition. It was created by Nathalie Feisthauer and it opens with silky-sweet notes of gardenia, Pitosporum flowers with intensive, sweet scent, with powdery violet, orange blossom and bergamot, which rounds this passionate bouquet with its fresh and sweet notes.

The heart seduces with notes of tuberose, daffodil, ylang-ylang, which adds spicy tones and carnation, which gives its pepper-sourish tone to this composition. The base contains benzoin, sensual musk, civet and milky-powdery sandalwood. According to the name, apart from being dedicated to DonatellaVersace, it is appropriate for blonds, but also for other women who cannot resist it. It is luxurious in every sense, with Medusa’s head in the middle, with a round bottle and a box with a motive characteristic of Gianni Versace. A bit of this aphrodisiac on your skin will make you very noticeable.

Gardenia Pitosporum Violet Neroli Bergamot

White Tubereuse

Blonde Fragrance Reviews

Ditta70
Ditta70

A less capricious, more sunny natured and outdoorsy younger sister of Fracas. It is greener than the Big Sis, and more wearable in my opinion. It does have a slight bitterness in the base as mentioned by other reviewers, but I personally like my bitter undertone in perfume, especially if it is there to balance the unrestrained, boisterous nature of tuberose.

Fracas is a capricious, pouting belle, always impeccably dressed, never less than perfect. Blonde sometimes doesn't mind to hop on her lover's Vespa in her silk pajama bottoms and his shirt, to pop down to the market for some fresh fruit she fancies for breakfast.

Sillage good, noticeable but not overwhelming.
Longevity is OK, goes on for hours.

diamondkite
diamondkite

I actually wouldn't call Blonde 'loud' at all. I mean, it's noticeable for sure, but it has a transparency and freshness and 'naturalness' that Fracas doesn't. It really is a gorgeous, creamy-without-being-buttery tuberose scent that has the very slightest lisp of intermittent camphor - so it stays fresh and light. I find it very easy to wear, but then I also find shoulder pads very easy to wear, just casually, as well.

I've never been into blondes but I am in love with one now!

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

One of the very loudest loud tuberosic scents I've ever experienced, along with a prominent fake-sandalwood note I absolutely loathe. Sorry. But there it is.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

Being only 18 and not very much of an expert in women's perfumery, when I smelled this fragrance from my mother's collection for fun, it was LOUD and in my face. I wasn't sure what these notes were that I was smelling but I can definitely smell the different era of perfumery in this bottle. Very floral and animalistic, and very beautiful bottle.

karrykins
karrykins

I wore this, I admit that I did, and it drew comments that I took to be compliments at the time but were they just people with a nose full of tuberose that had to say SOMETHING about the smell and its overwhelming , air filling capacity ? I know better these days , I hope.

Nasty ,cheap, pushy, overwhelming bitter tuberose that has been done better - I wont mourn its passing .

Demographically it puts me in mind of myself 25 years ago i.e. of the "aspirational people" who cant afford the clothes but can afford the scent and will wear it even if it suffocates everyone around them.I apologise now if I offended people with Poison in the 80's and Blonde in the 90's .

Loud, very 90's , Blonde has huge shoulder pads and speaks with a faux Italian accent and for me, is very dated these days.

Since Fracas was reformulated and re-introduced, Blonde is superfluous to the market and its about the only tuberose I can tolerate but largely, I just cant stand tuberose any more , makes my teeth hurt for some reason .

Thanksgod Fracas is still alive, otherwise the death of Versace Blonde would be a much more serious case.
They are similar, but VE Blonde was better IMO, less buttery popcorn feeling and a little more ethereal.
I cannot find this anywhere anymore in shops.
Shame, because I think that younger crowds should be exposed to real perfumes of the past, even recent past, before the great fall in the abyss of the sticky candy flat non-sense.
Versace Blonde is dated 1995 and it could be simply timeless.
It's a beautiful big tuberose with all the elegance and opulence of Versace House of those years.
Like it or not, I enjoyed a good civet, much before knowing what civet is (was).
Blonde has it all.
I was never a fan of that fashion, but I can appreciate the mastery behind clothes and perfumes.
Blonde was one of the last soulful blends of the house.

hanson26
hanson26

Gorgeous fragrance, but if you have Fracas you don't need it. They are really very, very similar, if not exactly the same to my nose. Which is great news if you'd rather not try your luck on Ebay!

kidkidblau
kidkidblau

I think Blonde is tuberose most beautiful ones I know, I admire this beautiful scent. I find the bottle a work of pure art.

Terpsichore
Terpsichore

It's interesting that many find this over-powering. I was looking for a tuberrose scent and had a small tester bottle of this, perhaps it was an old bottle but I found this a light, sweet inoffensive white floral. I'd bought a sample of Carnal Flower at the same time and found this vastly preferable to CF which smelt like industrial soap to me. It was pleasant but a little dull.

persefoni
persefoni

This is a very strong tuberose smell, but is smoother somehow than the other 2 tuberose masterpieces i know: Fracas by Piguet and Silver by Prairie.

Blonde is equally wonderful and has an equally strong projection, thus being a must for women who like potent scents. Blonde, however, has a distinct sweet base, and evolves more on the skin, going through different phases as time goes by. Its other flowers ( gardenia, ylang, carnation, narcissus and violet )come in waves and will possibly show their colours differently on each of us. The sweet benzoin base is an extra compliment of the perfume. The whole, strangely, doesn't come out as floral as today's florals - this statement sounds weird but i don't know how else to express the feeling i get when smelling it!

It's lasting power is average, i think of the 3, Silver lasts the longest, nearly 9 hours!

Having civet is a loud minus, i hope people are starting to become aware of this....

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

On a serious note, floral with a hint of Va-j. What ever musky civet they use smells like that, in a good way. Nothing (other than the real thing), will attract a man, or a lesbian female more. Oh, and with the soapy smell, freshly washed.

pansylady
pansylady

This is a lovely, white floral starring gardenia, with neroli playing a supportive role.

For those of you who love white florals, but find Fracas a touch too much, this may strike just the right balance- heady, but not animalic, despite the civet base notes.

Potency and longevity are good, and the dry-down is both sweet and soapy-

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Add me to the list of people that mourn the loss of this one of a kind fragrance. I do not normally find flamboyant fragrances alluring but this was definitely an exception. The bottle, is and was GORGEOUS. I loved how you could place it on a mantle and walk past it and it looked like the face was always following you (much like some statues in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland).

The intense hit of gardenia and other strong heady florals swept you away like a sort of Pied Piper. Male...female...didn't matter...EVERYONE shall stop for a moment to take notice! Its one of those fragrances that is demanding but beautiful, intriguing but unmistakably floral, a bit mature but still wild at heart, it was the scent of a bon vivant, and its sillage was much like a radiant heat similar to the sun but just like the sun, it had this air of unattainability. No wonder my brother likes it (and even wore it LOL)

-sighs-

Needless to say, I am saddened to see this fragrance go off the shelves, I have no idea WHY Donatella would allow such a thing (this WAS a tribute to her, afterall) especially since taking over the Versace legacy.

Well as they say...in life, all good things must come to an end. It is unfortunate that future generations shall be missing out on this luxurious perfume.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I LOVE this perfume! I wore it on my wedding day (and I still love it even though I'm no longer married!). It's probably the most I've ever spent on a perfume and it was worth every cent. Sadly, I've noticed a lot of the stronger scents I used to love have a harshness that comes through for me now that I never noticed before, so I'm a bit reluctant to purchase it again without testing it (especially because it so hard to get and therefore more expensive). I have however ordered Fracas (at a good price) and Elizabeth Taylors Diamonds and Emeralds which is very similar but a touch softer/sweeter. I think either would be a great substitute for Blonde. The bottle design for Blonde is amazing.

stormyla
stormyla

This is a very beautiful and sophisticated floral fragrance very similar to Fracas. It is a true pleasure to wear it. This fragrance would be suitable for any type of activity, day or night.

Lulutupelo's comments very nicely describe the fragrance. Unlike the voters above,unfortunately for me,even at the parfum concentration, this scent only lasted 2 or 3 hours on my skin. It's such a shame as it is a truly lovely fragrance,pretty reasonably priced and the bottle is gorgeous.

I truly envy those for whom it lasts longer!

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

This is a difficult perfume to review. I am reviewing the parfum version. At first I thought, wow, pure gardenia! Today I compared my blooming gardenias with Blonde, and no, it is a heady combo of tuberose/gardenia. I suppose if it had the subtle green notes of real gardenias it would be worth its weight in gold. I've never smelled any gardenia based perfume that came close in subtlety to the real thing. That being said, it is very nice and does have some subtlety to go with cloying tuberose.

This is almost the antithesis of modern perfumes, the edps of which are so watered down it's shameful. It is full bodied, cloying without any synthetic notes, but also just complex enough to keep it from being cheap. It doesn't have enough sillage to be offensive; but it definitely has some sillage. It isn't for the faint of heart. It isn't for everyday. It is a flowery sexpot perfume, probably the civet enhancing it. Any lady wearing this is absolutely screaming, "notice me!" in a positive context. On me the perfume lasts a good six hours, which is excellent. There is still fragrance there after six hours, but by then it is a skin scent. It is nice without knocking people down across the room, as compared to Norell, for instance..

All in all, for the brave few who still love real perfumes, this is great. Cloying and sophisticated at the same time. I got a great deal from one of the internet perfume monster outlets even though it has been discontinued. I suspect .5 oz parfum will last a long time, and the bottle is lovely.

I love reading all your reviews and I hope this helps.

lil_odessa
lil_odessa

Love, love, love. I find Fracas really hard to wear (I do sniff my mini bottle from time to time); it's simply too glass-shatteringly soprano for me, and sadly triggers my migraines. I *do* love tuberose and gardenia, though. So Madonna's Truth or Dare (my other secret shame/love) works for me to experience its soft, creamy, tropical gardenia, while Blonde is a ball-breaking 80's-style tuberose monster like Dior Poison: velvety-purple, grape-y, with spicy carnation and wild animal, and all other excessive things that tag you as a tough customer (aka 'bitchy'). It's so flamboyant and outre, you definitely need to be a certain personality to wear this without the scent-phobic staring you down. The only problem is that it doesn't last long on me.

levinebabe
levinebabe

It is both so strong (and sickening) and tender at the same time. It gave me headache. I could never give another spray. The bottle is very nice though. Heavy and intoxicating tuberose. What's wrong with Blonde? I thought it will be nice, just like Kenneth Cole Black. But those two turn out to be completely different. Tuberose, I will be picky about you, unless I can somehow know if my Blonde has turned. Guess I'll keep it, since it is quite unheard now.

darcy2
darcy2

I absolutely love this. I moved about a year and half ago and had this perfume as well as several others packed (in a cool dark place) and just unearthed the box and have been sampling these perfumes. I have the EDP and it is definitely a warm, buttery tuberose fragrance. Michael Kors Michael is more of a green tuberose - nothing green here. Someone else wrote that they know that it is a white flower fragrance but they get "yellow" from it. I know exactly what they mean. I don't get yellow flowers though, I actually think of butter. Years ago I was reading a wine review that described a wine as "chewy"; and I thought how absurd. How could a wine be chewy? I am starting to get an idea of how this could be now that I am really paying attention to fragrances. There is something that feels viscous to this scent, as though it is should come out of the bottle like maple syrup. It smells like an essential oil. Love it.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

My dirtiest tuberose scent (own the edt). I've never had the courage to reapply after some hours, it is far too dark for such audacity. I reserve it for night use, always after a proper shower. I like and enjoy it though it makes me feel quite naughty when I use it for going out. I feel I'm hiding a secret weapon.

Prominent tuberose which I'm never afraid or bored with if the oil is good. Thankfully not too sweet on my skin, violet, narcissus-carnation and civet force the filthy direction in every stage. I'm happy musk is not winning the drydown.

I wouldn't like it as much if I didn't find it so different from Fracas and her several children. I wouldn't say this is elegant or classy, I'll better define it as a trouble maker.

Lasts moderately in my skin, I would love to try the perfume version.

I don't like the bottle's design but do love the packaging's graphic design, who knows why I find the first tacky while the second resembles lovely silk twill scarf sort of pattern.

freddinos
freddinos

Very lovely tuberose animalic scent. I also have to agree it resembles Fracas, only Blonde is more animalic and less sweet. I slightly prefer Fracas (of which I bought a full bottle) over Blonde, only just though.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I only have the EDT sadly. It is uber uber heady tuberose white flower and gardenia at the start then you smell the ylang ylang and narcissus in the middle. It goes on really strong and fades down nicely. I love the drydown part of this beauty. The drydown is sweet and there is a bit of tartness to it.

nargis
nargis

Blonde's tuberose and gardenia are open and obvious immediately upon application. Then the narcissus appears and a kind of golden warmth lingers for a really long time. Blonde stays vibrant on my skin as well as clothing for at least six hours.

I am crazy for gardenia, tuberose and tropical florals and have many contemporary and vintage gardenia/white floral fragrances in my collection. Blonde is one of my favorites. I think it is more complex but at the same time rounder and more comforting than its fraternal twin Fracas. My hair is grey (alas) but I love Blonde. I keep plenty of it on hand and use it lavishly.

Kalina123
Kalina123

Very special and unique. Warm and sweet as summer day. I can't believe Madonna stole it! :D

Shoshi
Shoshi

Smells just like Fracas. Blonde may have some faint herbal/"carrot" notes as well, which Fracas doesn't have. Basically a strong tuberose scent, very pretty.

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is a strong tuberose perfume which smells like a softer version Jo Malone Tuberose. I honestly only get tuberose and a hint of gardenia. I really like it because it is not too overpowering and you only need dab on a little bit for it to last the whole day. This is one I shall definitely wear on special occasions. Thanks to a very generous fragrantica, I now have a small spray atomizer of this which should last me a life time. Thanks I'm really happy.

tubereuse
tubereuse

My all time fave. Blonde radiates (in a good way!) and lasts & lasts on my skin/clothing. A great tuberose and even after nearly twenty years, i still get good compliments when wearing this! Fracas by comparison is also nice, but does not smell as warm and natural (actually smells even a bit cheap on me).

tanithh
tanithh

Strong, unique, sweet, sexy, There's nothing like this perfume. You love it or hate it.

Denisebar
Denisebar

Miss Eva,you must try Fracas!! I do love Blonde but Fracas is the best scent for tuberose for me,creamy,loud and longlasting yummy!!!

Miss eva_6418
Miss eva_6418

Versace blonde is one of the best fragrances. So long lasting and very unique. I have noticed that there is 98 people stating that it reminds them of fracas, is this really true? I have never smelt fracas. I am dissapointed that they have stopped making this fragrance. If fracas is similar that I would be happy to purchase.

jtd
jtd

I’ve railed against the soliflor before (see Fracas) but I must stand up for Blonde. I blind-bought the extrait and was surprised to find the closest thing to tuberose flower I’ve ever smelled out of a bottle. It perfectly captures a Philip Glass-like cycle of flower, bitterness, sweetness, rottenness. The extrait holds close to the skin after the first ten minutes, when it performs for the wearer and intimates only.

dezaval
dezaval

Very sexy floral - tuberose fragrance. A great entrance in the 90s' fragrances. So feminine, luxurius, joyfull...This is Versace's maximalism in a bottle. It lasts really long and its longevity is great. Mostly recomended for evenings. Every woman should try it. Deffinitelly.

Sabrinauh
Sabrinauh

In 2000, I originally wanted to buy this for the bottle because I just adored the etched-in Medusa face. Upon opening the bottle, the most glorious fragrance whiffed up my nose and I Fell head over heels in love immediately. This one is heady, sweet, over-the-top girly and it began my love affair with tuberose. I don't wear blonde frequently but when I do I am transported back to that amazing, overwhelming feeling of love. It was my first.....

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i'm squirelling my dwindling 3O ml bottle of fracas...as we all know its a pretty penny and my wallet just took a beating with the ugly stick.
so how has versace blonde evaded me for so long? according to mon cher fragranticans, they are twins.
and another victory: blonde can be found for a song on most online retailers.
well, i gave in and bought this untested.
and let me tell you...they are twins...to the untrained nose...and at a cursory glance.
as we all know identical twins are copies in their dna, not as perfectly 1OO% much in the physical.
yes, we know this to be true, there is always the "prettier" twin.
this is so the case with blonde and fracas.
brace yourself blonde lovers--fracas IS the prettier twin.
now wait a minute, just hold on, don't go booing me yet and thumbing me down.
here's the deal. fracas is just so damn loud and outrageous and gorgeous. she's the vamped up exotic wild haired raven eyed dark skinned exotic beauty that has that je ne sais quoi every woman hates yet aches to be and every man lusts and drools over. fracas is dazzling and mesmerizing! you will obsess over her!
now i don't want to turn this into a fracas review so lets switch to blonde now.
blonde is a beauty in her own right. but where fracas is the jaw dropping beauty, blonde is more of the girl next door. she is so lovely, sweet, kind, smiley sunny disposition. she is youthful and approachable.
both perfumes have the amazing tuberose opening.
blondes is clean/fresh/green. to be honest, the third note voted here is civet but for me, i would replace it with a green note.
blonde is spring/summer
fracas is wild/sexual/lustful...autumn/winter
you can even say blonde is the "fraiche" version of fracas.
lets say for the reviews sake
angelina jolie--fracas vs. jennifer aniston--blonde.
both beauty's in their own right; just on different sides of the coin.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Rich, warm, bombastic (in a good way!), this is the first Tuberose-centered fragrance I ever bought in a mini size, and while I never wore it out much at the time, I wish it was still around so that I can buy a bottle for sniffing now.

While it was big and rich enough to match any tuberose fragrance on the market today, it was never jarring, metallic, or so heady that it induced headaches. Maybe it was the creamy, aromatic sandalwood lending it warmth and a silken facet. And the civet note, like in vintage Diorissimo, just added that touch of a slight animalic undertone in the base to recreate a three-dimensional and more realistic tuberose than the head-space flower in Michael by Michael Kors.

I can't say it's the most sophisticated tuberose fragrance in the world, but it was well-balanced, voluptuous, and almost a comfort scent.

dnnhts.00@gmail.com
dnnhts.00@gmail.com

Sweet, soft, and just yummy! It's such a shame it's discontinued...
This scent reminds me of Botan rice candy, in the best way.

debsauter
debsauter

Cannot get enough of this beautiful, abundant, femme fragrance. I love every second that I can sense it. The perfume is a little expensive for me right now, but ...

akats

ok, don't hate me... I sold it to a friend. It was her loved fragrance and she was searching it in e bay stores. For me it was "too much" sweet, too much loud, and a weird animalic gardenia! I prefer gardenia as it is mixed in 24 Faubourg, or in poupee.

akats

I have blond hair, I like bold smells but this fragrance simply isn't me....Yet, recently when tested it, I thought "Ok. Isn't it boring to collect all the chypres of the world?. I wear fragrances that are so similar to each others, that nobody could tell if I change my perfume every day..." Anyway, even if I don't find my character to this, something pushed me to add it to my collection. Its heavy white florals are loud, bold, sweet with a retro feeling. Gardenia and tuberose lingers all the way. From top to the end. It reminds me the EL's Gardenia Tuberose a bit. Yes, it's very femminine but not quite elegant. I appreciate it only for its great sillage and its spring mood.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This scent is so lovely from what I remember! Funny how you can simply think of a fragrance and smell it in your mind. I remember loving this in high school. I would order samples from Nordies because we had no Nordies in my hometown. And I would be the only one wearing this and I felt so grown up!

missymary
missymary

Having hunted high and low I finally got a 5ml EDT bottle on e-bay, hurrah.One of my longed-for perfume experiences has finally happened and I was not disappointed.
It's top-loaded with the heavy decadent smell of succulent over-ripe jungle fruit, and the carnal sexiness of tuberose. But I kept finding a curious little-girl-lost sweet innocent powdery note in there.

Even in EDT it's strong and clings to clothing. It would be great in passionate intimate boudoir moments.

If Blonde were a woman, she would be a Piaf, or a Garland, a woman not beautiful but vibrant and exciting and endearing, child-like and vulnerable yet capable of wildchild abandoned sex and stormy relationships with rugged and unreliable lovers.

What can I say? Versace Blonde satisfies my soul. It's all I would ever wish for in my favorite type of perfume, sumptuous big animalistic tuberose.

Blonde is one absolutely humongous white floral, featuring tuberose and gardenia presented as loudly as one can stand. With that being said, I've fallen in love with its blatant loudness, and can certainly see how Blonde can become addictive after a few wearings.

It's like a big, tuberose and gardenia bouquet when you first spray Blonde. There's also a touch of moist greenness that lures you in. I drew in my breath with how intense yet captivating the top notes were to my nose and senses.

For those that found the top notes a little strong for their tastes, they'll be happy to know that the heart is much softer, however I should add that the sillage remains relatively strong. A touch of spiciness and rich, animalistic civet and benzoin can be found peeking through in the heart, which adds some dimension and sensuality to the boisterous white florals.

More often than not, white florals tend to be rather reserved and politely feminine, however Blonde's intention is to be the odd one out. Excuse what I'm about to say, but this fragrance is pure sex. A few sprays of this before bed is enough to entice any man, of that I'm sure. It's more naughty than nice.

Thick and buttery, there are some similarities between Blonde and Fracas, however I much prefer this fragrance over and above the very popular Robert Piguet offering. Perhaps I like my tuberose scents loud and proud, and a tad vulgar.

As you may have guessed, the sillage is a heavy hitter, and the same goes with the longevity. I haven't found anything irritating in Blonde as of yet that would discourage me from wearing it again. I have spent the entire day smelling of sensual white flowers and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Wow...what a gorgeous scent! The tuberose is so soft mixed with the gardenia. I love the ylang-ylang in this..it makes this perfume very sensual and feminine. In the end..the notes transform into rich, sweet and fresh violets...the only other violets I have smelled this lovely are in TF's Violet Blonde....almost identical. Sweet, soft, sexy, gorgeous floral.

Update: OOOOOOps..sorry guys..this review is for Lalique Le Braiser..had a small sample thought it was Blonde..nope. Blonde is very similar to Fracas..a gorgeous white floral with a vintage kick.

miet
miet

I was pleasantly surprised by this fragrance...it's a very heady floral tuberose but (I say "but" because overly-sweet florals aren't usually my taste) it's balanced well with the neroli, civet and benzoin. Longevity is excellent, and I only have the EDT.

seventh

I never appreciated this perfume till now. Sadly there were tow perfumea i could not wear in my life one was Easy Krizia and the other one was Blonde. The reason was the horible rash I developed on my neck using them.however Blonde reminds me of Fracas.

krmarich
krmarich

Massive tuberose at its best. I was expecting loud and cheap. Never expect things with perfume!

This was the coda from Versace. What an exit! Neroli, tuberose,gardenia and golden daffodil all shined like the sun after an Italian spring thunderstorm. There is a bit of civet, making it a sex bomb as well. Ylang ylang and tonka softens the compostition. Its really bold and elegant. Very golden and warm.

Gwenneth Paltrow in the 1990s should've been the blond inspiration. It was doomed from the start with its ad featuring Donatella.

It moves with a graceful elegance that last for hours. I really started to enjoy tuberose here. Then POOF! It was yanked from the market. There is still a limited supply in the internet. It grow smaller all of the time. It needs to be experienced at least once.

Celebrity=Gwenneth Paltrow

Tomis
Tomis

This is dynamite on my skin. Whenever I enter a room, everyone stops in their tracks. Likewise with Gucci Accenti. Ninety-five was a good year.

carinas
carinas

Oh, Blonde, my Blonde, how do I love you!
14 years ago it caught me eye because of the gorgeous bottle.
I find it the best tubereuse fragrance out there. All other tubereuse frags I tried before and after Blonde were lacking something. Blonde has it all.
Wear it if you want to get noticed! You will stop people and turn heads. People from both sexes will pay attention and ask what are you wearing. It's mostly but not always positive attention, but with a fragrance like this it's always whether love it or hate it, it would leave nobody cold!
Blonde is sadly another discontinued masterpiece.

Cezanne
Cezanne

Oh my word! Why didnt I know about this stunning fragrance sooner? What kuxury. Its such an elegant statement; totally majestic, this is how I think queens should smell every day! I managed to get a tiny bottle of the edp this morning and I have tried it straightaway.

The huge gardenia hit has faded quickly - about 30mins but now there is a creamy, almost jonquil softness lingering. Its not going to be a stayer unless I have additional products to layer it with... but thats my skin type typically.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I have the pure parfum red box version, and i have to say this really is a top notch parfum! the rose is decidant it's creamy a little sweet but sicy, very wel balanced, lasts long time (edp and pure parfum)

TinkerBrendie
TinkerBrendie

Question from a newbie...
What is the difference between the blue box VERSACE BLONDE and the VERSACE BLONDE PERFUME EXTRAIT in the red box pictured above?
Thanks for your reply... I am new to this site and have become addicted!

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

Sadly this fragrance was axed and added to my list of mourned VIPs (very inspirational perfumes). *tear*

The gardenia in this one is so prevalent, it almost scared me!
(Allow me to explain...)
Now I'm typically not drawn to pure floral fragrances. A floriental, yes, as long as the spices override the florals. So this surprised me.
It's not a sickly-sweet flower scent that tends to make people think "too old"/"too young". This is just that perfect blend of smoothness that very few fragrances are able to accomplish, and I liked how feminine it made me feel.

Fizzy
Fizzy

OMG!! I bought it totally blind, only cause the rewiews are so genuine written and...... I could take a bath in it!!!
YES, I FELT IN LOVE WITH IT IMEDIATELLY!!! For me it smells exactly like Fracas, but a little bit fresher. The lasting power is not so good like Fracas has. The pure Blonde Parfum lasts on me 6 hours, Fracas EDP lasts 1 whole day and night in my hair.

Blonde has a little bit ugly bottle, who find medusa beautifull?? Maybe Giannini Versace found in his wife Donatela medusa and was inspired to make this bottle like it is!
Tuberose also feel better in a dark bottle herself to not lose her intensity.

You can combine Blonde pure Parfum and Fracas EDP, without any problems. Jardins de Bagatelle is also similar, but more more flowery and very longlasting. I´m such a big lover from tuberose......

madhatter1
madhatter1

I agree with everyones memories. Lovely tuberose blend, I am glad I experienced it back in the day. A real special occasion fragrance, you didnt need to use a lot so I rationed it. It is a collectors item, I believe I have a mini.

mymlan

As I'm a Blonde lover I couldn't resist buying the Eau de Fleurie version when I got my hands on it. I had no expectations except from Blonde itself, but I read in one review that said it smelt like kind of a bubbelgum tuberose, and in another that it was "champagne-like". And yes, it is lighter and a little powdery with an airy sweetness. You will have to imagine Blonde original minus the civet and the earthy violet (or at least significantly less of both notes), then add sweet and slightly powdery notes.

Eau de Fleurie translates into "flower water" which obviously means something less strong than the original edt. I like it a lot except from it's staying power: after a couple of hours it's gone. It also lacks certain character as it doesn't dry down as honeyed as the original. I would say that Blonde eau de Fleurie is lighter, more girlie and smooth smelling in comparision to it's older sister. I wear it as a light summer fragrance on warm days, and I enjoy it. But I enjoy original Blonde a lot more.

mystica
mystica

Why do they have to discontinue such fantastic fragrances I really don't know...

This is one of the best tuberose fragrances I have ever smelt, so if you like tuberose you can't go wrong with it.

If you can find it of course.. It is already a rare frag though still luckily available on the internet.

I wish they could bring this back without ever reformulating it...

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This one is most unusual - in a good way!! I remember wearing this one years ago when my hair was blue/black, and person I worked with asked what fragrance I was wearing. I said "Blonde" and she said, "but you've got dark hair!" My response was "well, therein lies the paradox, doesn't it?!" Needless to say, there were no more comments from her. Blonde/brunette/redhead, whatever, it's a bold, magnificent scent that is peppery, intriguing and just plain ballsy (if I can use that expression!) If you do wear it, wear it with pride and don't be shy!

LoriAnn
LoriAnn

Blonde started it all for me! I never really paid much attention to perfume before it. And it was by fluke. It was at a discount store and I was immediately drawn to the name alone. Then the beautiful box and then the bottle. But when I smelled it, I immediately fell in love! I think it is one of the most beautiful perfumes ever made. It fills the room with lush elegance. No one ever knows what it is, yet I get so many compliments on the rare occasions I wear it. I spray it in my hair and I am in a Blonde cloud all day!

Galya
Galya

Nice and natural tuberose.If you cannot to find this perfume anywhere you can bay "Tuberose" of L'Erbolario,it's same identicale sweet tuberose,but more strog and persistente. I know other similar at Blonde perfume ,it's Fracas of Robert Piguet.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Blonde definitely outshine Fracas because is more elegant and less intoxicating.

Excellent quality fragrance, long lasting even in the EDT.

Beautiful tuberose fragrance!

Before reviewing Versace BLONDE, I may as well simply confess that I steered clear of Versace perfume offerings for years as a result of my fairly longstanding view that Donatella is empirically indistinguishable from a drag queen just sprung from rehab.

How wrong I have been! My goodness, BLONDE is a beautiful perfume, which I impulsively purchased blind on the strength of the positive reviews here at Fragrantica (it was also on sale...). In fact, this was my best blind buy in recent history: a gorgeous, sumptuous, floral perfume featuring tuberose but also several other detectable notes which make this composition both complex and unique. This is not a copycat of FRACAS.

When I received my .5oz bottle of extrait, I initially worried a bit, as the waft off the top (before application) was ever-so-slightly rank. Looking at the notes, I can attribute this sensation to the civet note. Happily, upon application, the various components of this perfume meld together perfectly and absorb into the skin to produce a rich and delightful scent with fairly big sillage and great longevity.

Highly recommended for blondes and brunettes alike--whether in or out of rehab--provided only that they adore big bodacious bouquets. As an added bonus, my cat likes this one a lot. Must be the tuberose...(-:

Genessa
Genessa

I am a blonde and I absolutely love this fragrance, it is my all time favorite. When I smell it on my skin I don't want to stop...it is as if I can not breath it in deeply enough. I find this feels like a warmish scent with a hint of frost. I wish I could have an endless supply.

lialu

Love, love, love it! HOW can this be discontinued?

lialu

Blonde is available in EdT and perfume. EdP would probably be the ultimate. :-) It is like a delicate Fracas, a babysister. I love it. Wonderful for daywear, lots of tuberose but a bit less sharp and more flowery than Fracas. Recently lucky to purchase a 100 ml bottle from a kind fellow fragrantican! :-)

Sure right about this one my love Persephone! I am a brunette ALL THE WAY, and I LOVE IT!!

Persephone
Persephone

What's in a name? This name might suggest a hair color, but please... how many truly natural blondes out there? I despise people who link intelligence to hair color as it's a factor of very low intelligence in itself. I'm dye my hair golden blond (dark colors just won't go with my facial features) and endure back stabbing comments about being "stupid" hair-wise. Why? I have a very simple rule: I do and I wear what I like. So why should you "resist it"? And this line is really laughable: "created for blond Donatella". Maybe they meant blonde as a state of mind. Whatever stereotypes are supposed to mean. I think it failed due to bad marketing and moronic name, as most brunettes (about 80% of women on the planet) are really proud to be brunettes, which is another myth born out of myth that blonds are morons. Please note, this rant is a fruit of my third glass of wine.. Now, the perfume. The fragrance itself is pure indulgence in a bottle - a thick and heady tuberose in many ways reminiscent of Fracas, however this one features a strong earthy violet note. I can totally see myself as a sultry brunette, a vivacious redhead or sunkissed blonde on a hot summer night while wearing it, rocking the sweet and spicy earthy notes. Terrific!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Being a blonde is something that won’t happen to me in this lifetime, but I can still enjoy Blonde, the EdT. My first thought when I smelled it was “daffodils!”, but the top notes are also like a blooming acacia tree, with that warm, honeyed, golden feeling. I can smell the powdery violet, but the violet doesn’t dominate, it just lends a fuzzy, light touch to the gardenia and tuberose, creating the daffodil-acacia scent, which is absolutely beautiful.

As the top notes die down, the tuberose really comes through. I like this tuberose slightly better than the one in Fracas, but it still has that strange sourish smell that keeps me from loving tuberose in any perfume that I’ve tried. Maybe the horrible truth is that only blonds can wear tuberose to good effect.

I don’t really see this as being a loud 80s scent, but rather a straight-up floral that’s happy and golden in the beginning, sad and sour and white in the middle, fading off to oblivion within several hours. If only the top notes lasted, I would love this. However, the wilted tuberose comes all too quickly and spoils the party.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

I definitely see the resemblance between this and Fracas, but Blonde is colder. It almost feels like a grape slushee has been thrown into the mix. I prefer Fracas for its warmth, but some may enjoy Blonde a bit more as the cold makes it more modernized. It also stays closer to the skin which makes it easier to wear. The name and packaging are pretty as well.

emi_artist
emi_artist

Somehow for me, the sum of the ingredients in this massive floral perfume comes to a reminiscence of orange groves, the mythical zagara, quintessential smell of the south of Italy, which is where the Versace family is originally from. Bergamot exclusively comes from Versace's native region of Calabria, and it features in Blonde with almost nostalgic reverie: a persistent, heady sweet scent of animalic/indolic nature.

Easter cakes made with wheat, candied fruit and orange water by loving grandmothers, a walk in a fragrant citrus grove in April, white flowers scattered on the ground like a wedding themed carpet. The start of the love season with its seductive calls... it's difficult not to love it.

Versace's aesthetic itself is very much to do with the larger than life, the Mediterranean, the baroque, the gilded side of beauty. This is Blonde, a typical expression of Gianni's character as it was, and always will be remembered.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

it was a gift, and one of those perfumes I always got compliments on or was asked what I was wearing, which is always nice. for me personally I found it too sweet and candyish and I always had to be in the 'mood' to wear it but when I did, always came the comments, which always made my day, so.... hmmmm

kittymoon
kittymoon

I used to love it but now it would be too much tuberose for my taste. It's heavy and smells posh. I find it a very grown up smell.

mymlan

This treasure is my most persistent fragrant love. I always have a bottle of the edt AND a pure perfume in my perfume cupboard. As I love to shower myself in many sprays from a big edt bottle, I also usually layer it with pure perfume to enhance its longevity and to get more of the broader floral qualities that comes with the perfume.

It was my signature for many years during the 90's and for me Blonde is all about youth, student life, summer and big emotions. It is cycling to the sea with friends in the morning to get tanned, and then going out in the warm summer evenings. Evenings with a lukewarm wind that caresses your bare arms and that pink sky that follows after a hot day. Blonde is walking between bars and restaurants when there is still sunset at 10 in the Scandinavian countries. It is clubbing all night and when leaving the club at 4, it is almost daylight and the birds are singing their morning song. Blonde is long blonde hair, a little black dress and bare tanned legs. It is student life, constant lack of money and abundant dreams about the future.

Blonde is dating somebody over a Cafe au Lait as all this happened before the Italian Latte was introduced in Sweden. And at that time, Blonde was always in my purse.

selinum28
selinum28

Blonde is pure Versace. It is about power and abundance, positive (and feminine) power and abundance: self-confidence, optimism and a wise acceptance of life. A woman like this doesn't need to imitate men neither to use seduction in order to get what she wants. The perfume is "heavy", but I would like to wear it every day, while living a Blonde worthy life.

seventh

I didn'T liked it. Too suffocating and caused me skin alergies.

rithacha
rithacha

I bought Blonde blind based purely on its notes, reviews, and reputation. We are currently in a hard and fast love affair which, I believe, will last a lifetime.

Goes on with violety but watery gardenia a la Marc Jacobs, but immediately honeys down to buttery rich creamy tuberose heart. Thick comforting expensive smell, with something dirty down there in the base. Blonde is a bombshell voluptuous WOMAN in lingerie. Sexual. Provacative. Barely decent.

I don't want to spend too much time dissecting its magic. Suffice to say that it suits my tastes perfectly. Heavy White Floral haters beware.

P.S. My only wish were that this came in EDP as well as EDT. EDT only lasts 3-4 hours on me before losing thick creaminess. Next project, get the Parfum . . .

c3c
c3c

Wow! This smells exactly like tuberose to me. It starts out with other florals mingling about, like a bouquet from the florist just arrived, but the bulk of the bouquet is tuberose. It smells wonderful!
Really the best way to describe it is a brand new large bouquet of flowers. True to their scent and not chemical. It starts out strong but I noticed within a couple of hours it was completely gone. Otherwise this is a must for people who love the smell of flowers, in particular tuberose, when it's blooms have just opened.

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

This is a very plesant smell,it feels happy,warm and sparkling.Like a summer sun.Very very nice!!!

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I love this Fragrance...!!!
I wore it to death ...day & night
its floral sweetness tempered by it's
mysterious warmth

Ahhhh.. BLONDE!

Magpie
Magpie

Golden, buttery, spicy and sweet.. very sexy and different.

allexa27
allexa27

this smells exactly like Fracas-nice ,thick tuberose scent

Tarya
Tarya

Beautiful soft floral. One of the best tuberose scents. Not too strong for a day use, and sexy and flirty enought for a evening. Beautiful bottle. I would imagine Gwen Stefani rather than Donatella to smell like this.

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I found this to be a good alternative to Fracas when my aunt was having trouble finding it. It's like a sexier, ditzier version of Fracas.

Carla
Carla

One of my all time favorite Versace perfumes. The scent of white flowers are abundant and the gardenia with all it's sweetness is at it's best. The dry down is pure warmth with a hypnotizing effect. Best to wear in the evening, albeit, on certain days in the winter I can wear it 24/7 with ease. The staying power is excellent. A one spritz application and you are good to go. I prefer the EDT to the EDP but unfortunately it is not readily avaiable. I cherish the remains of my almost empty bottle.

A blast of soft, powdery tuberose and gardenia. It lacks the sharp notes these two flowers sometimes have, and also lacks the fleshy, over-ripe edge common to gardenia perfumes. There's something almost like incense in this blend. It smells inexplicably golden, like autumn light falling through a shaded window onto these white, fragrant flowers. Those who don't like white florals need not apply.

mymlan

I love Blonde. I bought it in the 90's. It was quite unknown at that time here in Sweden which for me was a good thing. As my signature scent I wanted to have it completely for myself and I used it everyday for years. Then suddenly it disappeared from the Swedish market. I used it sparingly and eventualy I only had the empty bottle in my cupboard, which I treasured for years. I loved that smell of sweet bergamot opening, the buttery tuberose and the little civet to enchance it's personality. I loved the warm honeylike notes it developed into, and all the compliments I got for smelling so good. And I sprayed my empty bottle, and sometimes i got a tiny tiny drop of fragrance out of it.

It took me about five years until I found Blonde again. It was when the internet market was fairly developed, and perfumes became available on internet shops abroad. After a long time searching I finally found it and I instantly ordered a pure perfume, without considering the cost. It was just so worth it whatever it would cost me. Since then I have stocked both perfume and EdT. Today I have many perfumes and I don't use Blonde as often, but it is my alltime favourite that I always return to.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Heady tuberose soap! It's got great sillage and definitely will be noticed. It's too soapy for my tastes, but smells nice on others.

elgab89
elgab89

I remember I liked the fragrant flowery smell of it when it came out. It doesn't seem to be available anymore. Is it discontinued?

2007

Blonde by Versace 3.81 out of 5 based on 396 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Blonde fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Blonde, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blonde by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blonde by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.