Designers » T-Z » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Dreamer Versace for men
dislike

I have it: 1885 I had it: 634 I want it: 777 My signature: 58

tobacco

Perfume created for the romantic soul. Its beginning is sweet, the end quite aromatic living a warm woody trail. Top notes include Clary sage, Lavender and Mandarin. Geranium, Rose and Tobacco are in its heart ending with a trail of cedar and Tonka Bean. It was created in 1996.

Lavender Mandarin Orange Sage

Carnation Tobacco Rose Geranium

Fir Tonka Bean Vetiver Cedar

Dreamer Fragrance Reviews

Radus
Radus

I like this smell very much. Is long lasting and people around me like it.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Meh. Synthetic florals, lavendar, rose geranium that just add up to a confused scent with a brash opening of the lavendar which then becomes a nice but generic raw tobacco.

A total lack of effort in the supporting notes and overall Quality.

It's funny as one of the only benefits of a standard cigar is to improve reactions/concentration, yet this scent seems all washed up over it's hazed and poor use of generic florals that in the end just turn out to be a blast of cheap cleaner lavendar settling into rose.

Try it, then try a true masterpiece like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.

Sorry people.

3/10.

Or for a truly passionate nicotine fix, test the amazing Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Studios: almost just as cheap and this one is definitely to be cheerful for!

FlashAdler221

A few posts down someone said that they get no compliments on this. That's weird because I always get compliments from girls on this. It's not even my favorite in my collection but it's one of my biggest compliment getters.
Now dior homme vintage formulation is one of my faves and has yet to get me one compliment. Other ppl say DH is a big compliment getter for them though. Weird how that works, huh?!?!

dexo91
dexo91

In my opinion it's should be a unisex fragrance but it's amazing scent

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

For those of you who know my reviews, you already know I don't do notes. Heres my review of Versace Dreamer:

I picked this up at TJ Maxx for $15/3.4. Pretty good deal I thought for a blind buy so I went for it. My first impression was "holy shit, I think I just bought a woman's perfume". I wrangled with the smell and researched online to either disprove my initial thoughts or validate them. It was not a bad smell per say but different. This is clearly a man's fragrance and one that defies categorizing. I can't decide age group (i'm 24), day or night, or season. It is likely my most diverse juice in my collection. No compliments on it but also no negetive comments. Ironically, I find myself spraying this often when I'm home alone for the day and spraying just for my own benefit. This one has me stumped but I will say I would not rock this juice on a date or at the bar. I also can say I would not pass it up as a blind buy with a nice price. Basically, this is one of those fragrances you just have to try. Bottom line.

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

I blind bought a 50ml of this for $19.99 at Shoppers.

I sniffed it 1 minute after spraying and wanted to run away from myself. The opening was a wild and freaky blend of a very herbal green smelling lavender, cherries, and sage. I wanted to get up and return it right away even in the driving rain that was coming down at the time.

I decided to trust my perfume instincts that lead me to buy it and I let it sit for a few minutes before smelling it again.

5 minutes later I'm smelling something I like(I love tonka bean), but it's still freaky.

I'll update this, but right now it's smelling like Lolita Lempicka's greasy creepy older brother who stares weirdly and never says anything, but you'd rather go out and get coffee than stay there in the house with him.

jwc001
jwc001

I ripped open the large cardboard container it arrived in, burrowed around in the paper to locate the perfume, stripped off the cellophane, and dug the bottle out of it box. For some reason, I noticed the contrast of the Versace branding (Medusa) embossed on bottle with the relative blandness of the rest of the bottle glass. There’s no lid to take off – so you just squirt…

I was a bit concerned, given the warnings in past reviews, that I didn’t overdo things. So just a few squirts: chest, neck, wrists. Wow – the top notes – the wet notes – well, they were terrific. The scent was quite gorgeous – and rather rapidly the sweet tobacco came along. I loved it. For the first hour I was happy as the scent settled and then… well, it rather subsided away and became a skin scent. Eventually, I gave in, and reapplied – a bit more heavily this time – and once again, wallowed in the dry-down, and felt a little hollow when it died away. My wife arrived home, busy and fussing about – she didn’t notice or comment on the scent, which is typical. Then after dinner, it was time to watch TV – and so I ventured upstairs for a third application of the day, then headed down towards the TV room. Less than 5 mins after applying the perfume, my wife said “I like the one you’re wearing – it’s nice”. In my house, that’s a major compliment.

So – I got an hour of good projection, another hour of moderate projection – and skin scent after 2 hours and remained close to the skin for a while after. It’s hugely moreish though, and really very gorgeous. I just wanted to go and reapply… but three applications in one day was enough I think.

A good buy, then. Addictive.

UPDATE: OK – the next day, I apply Dreamer again… my wife says nothing: not during the day nor during the TV watching in the evening. So I offer her my arm to smell - I'd been wearing it about an hour. “That’s disgusting” are her words, followed by “Not like yesterday’s one”. She remains convinced that they are different scents!!!? Oh heck... well I still love it…am I losing my marbles?

word-doctor
word-doctor

I found this on-sale, and since I really don't have a tobacco scent, picked it up. I'm still in the middle of hot weather on the Gulf Coast, so my wearings have been limited to a few nights inside. One shot to the chest, one on each wrist is as far as anyone should go, and maybe further than is wise. This is pretty strong stuff.

Yes, tobacco, obviously. Pipe tobacco of the sweet variety. Unfortunately, on me everything else winds up as a sort of waxy, vaguely oppressive effect. Maybe in sub-freezing temps this would be better. So I'm overall not impressed, except that my wife (a reluctant ex-smoker) really loves it on me, and likes to sit on the couch watching football with me smelling like an unnamed flavor of Borkum Rif. So I've got THAT going for me, and Dreamer will stay out of the thrift store.

Sillage: 7
Longevity: 9

tabularasaus
tabularasaus

Like a previous reviewer stated, "This will make you the elephant in the room". Much like all of the Versace fragrances that I've owned. The first time I unleashed the dreamer onto my skin I was quite overwhelmed with the top notes. Almost to the point of wanting to wipe it off of myself with a jacket or a napkin nearby. To my surprise the dry down was fantastic. This one I have to apply at least 45 minutes before I leave the house.

season:all year round,preferably in colder weather for my skin.
occasion:casual or night out
sprays:2
scent:8/10
longevity:8/10
projection:9/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:8/10
overall:41/50

deathpill
deathpill

This can make you the elephant in the room, If you want attention, and not be hated too, this is your scent. If you have a personality that draws attention anyway, this scent will allow you to enslave everyone around you. FOREVER!
True story.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Really weird scent. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but will add to this if I ever work it out!

Well. I've tested it some more and alongside my trusty Guerlains and Encre Noir. My fellow fragrance nuts have (as always) competently described the notes, so it is just left for me to say that in terms of originality, longevity and enjoyability, it stands up with the others as being worthy enough to be in my collection.
Not quite the class of a Guerlain, not quite the understated panache of a Lalique, BUT, I really like it for it's slightly twisted nature and it's unpredictability. After an interestingly weird and harsh opening, it develops into a very pleasant scent. The beautiful bottle truly compliments the Lalique bottles I have in my collection too. This novel and quality scent will remain in my collection whilst it's still available in England. I love it!
P.s. I don't get piss from any animal throughout - what have you guys been up to? Lol! ;-)

Redbeard
Redbeard

I agree that this is an odd one, and controversial... people joke about "Versace The Screamer" or "Versace The Nightmare". I went back and forth on it a few times. Initially it's very weak, with just a little tobacco leaf: not too sweet or too sour. In a few minutes, the cherry starts to appear and the tobacco starts to get dustier, maybe more like cigarette tobacco than pipe tobacco. The sharpness and cherryness start to get a bit much for me in the mid notes, and I know a lot of people say this phase is something to be endured; it's like Geir had an evil brother who destroyed all his freshness by smoking too much, and maybe even setting himself on fire. As the smokiness retreats a little in the base, I'm greeted with what I swear is a dash of green pepper. No thank you! By now, it's such a miasma of notes between the cherry, tobacco, pepper, and probably vanilla, that I can't even sort it all out, and I certainly don't appreciate or enjoy it. It smells like the little air fresheners that the janitors leave in one of the men's rooms where I work (stale piss included): a little sponge that stands up in an open glass jar of cherry-scented oil, perched next to the urinal. The resemblence to that scent is really uncanny, and now that I've finally recognized it, I can't take this stuff seriously anymore.

durbha75
durbha75

My review after using nearly half bottle of 100 ml. It is a mix of an oriental, a floral and an aromatic.
The opening is terribly harsh, enough to make you crinkle your nose. A member said it smells like cat urine. Though I don't know what that smells like, I can understand the association. It does smell rancid, not unlike rat urine (the way a rat- infested attic smells).
But 30 mins after application, it wonderfully morphs into a sweetish, floral smell with a strong tinge of raw tobacco.
The best part is, no single aspect of the perfume is overpowering. Each aroma is present in moderation. I find it to be strong enough to constantly be aware of it, and at he same time mild enough not to be loud.
Best described as "raw yet subtle".
Above average longevity and projection.
Worth the money spent

nikkibom
nikkibom

Sad to say, there are not many perfumes/colognes that I do not like. This Unfortunately is one. Smells like plastasine to me. Have banned my man from wearing it. Men should smells like men - as in Azzaro!!

bottledHeaven
bottledHeaven

Watch the Dreamer transform from cat urine to a sweet-pungent floral tobacco!

A very intriguing scent indeed.

You're in a particularly hilly and serene dwelling somewhere in Naples, or another romanticized part of Italy where you'd imagine some good sunshine and wine and shit. Look, a cat! It jumps through your second floor windows as you handroll a fresh, very fine virginia rolling tobacco. Distracted, you pet the thing; it is rather cute. It proceeds to piss on your tobacco. You are furious, but the cat is so damn cute, and gentle! Before your irritability erupts, the cat, luckily, jumps back out and leaves in its place a few petals of the most beautifully colored lilac flower. Even better, the cat's piss was magical and seems to have evaporated rather quickly. What an odd experience, and a beautiful one at that! You lean back with tobacco in mouth and allow yourself to be enveloped by a warming, fragrant evening.

yarks
yarks

Praised to the heavens by my favorite YouTube reviewers, I had to try The Dreamer. Sadly, much like another reviewer had stated, this reminds more of a deodorizing toilet tablet than a cologne. The bottle is beautiful, and the spayer is alright (maybe I just have bad aim). The scent, however, is a tad overrated. It is elegantly synthetic and fearlessly full of tobacco. Longevity is moderate with a soft projection. And to think people say to go easy with the trigger on this one! I can see the romantic vibe for a cheap fling, but certainly not for an intimate relationship. I don't know how to say it, but everytime I smell this, my stomach feels empty. Not hungry, just empty. It is not a pleasant experience. The only thing The Dreamer really did for me was remove my fear of tobacco notes in a cologne. I thought it would smell like cigarettes, but instead smells like a pleasant empty cigar box. I can't say I recommend this fragrance. It's unique, but not what I want to smell like. I have no confidence with this juice on.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

What a lovely fragrance I discovered in a completely unplanned gesture! So, I was in the shop, trying some new stuff out. I saw this "Dreamer" bottle but did not feel the urge to try it. Then, and I still don't know why, I picked up the bottle and sprayed a little on my hand. Ugh! The opening was harsh and ugly! Like someone just threw at you thousands of over ripe citruses after bathing in the sun for 10 hours. 10 SECONDS later, just seconds later, really, I smelled it again and it was like I sprayed a completely different perfume. This time I smelled tonka, balanced with lavender and tobacco. I was overtaken by it's beauty.

Dreamer is sweet, but not like one million, black XS et al sweet, but rather, a calm, creamy, and soft sweet. It reminds me a little of Aigner Man2. Not by the smell itself but rather by that dominant tobacco accord. Dreamer projects nicely and last for a good day on the skin. Who wants more?

All in all, a great perfume. And, I am still baffled by how fast this perfume turned a complete 180 degrees! Magic perhaps?

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

I've only tried this once so far, but, I think I might be hooked. It starts off with a very intense vanilla (although it's supposed to be Tonka bean), but, then the floral notes start to shine through with gentle lavender and rose held back by the fir and cedar. I don't get the sweetness that others describe nor that it is strong (admittedly I only dabbed a little on my wrists and chest, perhaps from a spray bottle it might be more intense).

This is a very mature fragrance, not that I mean it is for the elderly, just not a bubblegum scent marketed as getting all the teenage girls into your bed. At least on me, it smells like it could be worn any time of day and equally well in the summer and winter months.

I may have to buy a full size bottle once I run out of my sample.

camposg
camposg

i find this to smell purple. It is nice but not for me because i find it too feminine. It is a quality fragrance though. I dont see how people compare this to le male, body kouros, or any other mentions. I would say it smells like the original thallium a bit. Also Paco rabanne's ultraviolet.

I would also say best suited for the office, formal wear, 25 and up but casualy nice dressed, year round

Try before you buy because it might not be as masculine and you would like

silentman26
silentman26

Dreamer ... my top fragrance ... warm tobacco mixed with fine myrrh and flowers ... the name captures the essence ... dreamy ...

Diorius
Diorius

It's perfect for cooler days.... BUT what the Dreamer does in warm nights... I can not explain it, but I really love it! It's sweet, for me it's uniqe. Casual wear, for summer party I think it's suitable!

Gotlaub
Gotlaub

The start of Dreamer is very simillar with JPG Le Male and make it as a cooler days fragrance. But the base...ohhhh, fantastic!! Very different and smooth comparing to the top notes. For sure I would recommended it even for warmer days.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

I can't decide whether I like this or whether it just smells like a fresh urinal cake. There are clearly some similarities between the two scents.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

What a nice surprise. Smell very good. Smokey and fruity. Some persons use this perfum during a date or a romantic diner. I use the dreamer at work during the day : soft but long lasting and pleasant.
A little treasure.

JoeOM
JoeOM

This is really nice. Opens with a blast of manderin and lavendar. Almost immediately afterwards I get the sweet mixture of florals and the tabacco. The woody base is also great. Really worth a try!

Medusa82
Medusa82

Bought this fragrance in 1995 I had been in Sicily and noticed many guys that passed me on the street had a nice smell which was all very similar - then I travelled to Malta and was in a small mall and there was a promotion of new Versace fragrance and it was the dreamer I smelled it and realised this is what Sicily smelled of buying a 100ml right there and then. Had this for years until the re formulation which is dreadful. I loved the bottle with the medusa and the space nebula box was just awesome too.

zinski19901
zinski19901

Just got it off ebay on a great deal. Blind bought too. At first spray I didn't think id like it but eventually the scent became great. Love the tobacco and fruity mixture. Its a different type of scent but I likr it a lot. Will def wear some more

lmlovespapa

just bought this on ebay and I LOOOOOOVE it,,,it smells so fresh but so sensual at the same time and I'm a woman and I can easily pull this off no problem.

Manny44
Manny44

GodDAMNNNN this smells good. Worried this would smell dated but it is not in the least dated. Bought Prada Luna Rossa Extreme about 6 months ago and just sold it off because this is better in every respect. They have Very similar bases (Lavender and Tobacco for Dreamer, Lavender and Amber for Luna Rossa Ex.) but Dreamer has a richer and more complex scent (Not to mention an amazing bottle and bargain-bin price). Rose, Geranium, Fir, Sage, just a touch of sharp vetiver-on top of the"can't go wrong" base of Lavender and Tobacco. These all make Dreamer a multifaceted scent that women and men love. A Fall and Spring masterpiece I hereby nominate for the Hall of Fame.

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

The clary sage note in the opening is absolutely amazing . Citrus grass and tobacco . Plus the bottle ..... I will never be without you ( and blue jeans ) .

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

The sweet tobacco flower gives this one a slightly different vibe than most mens colognes. While sweet and powdery, it is def a man's scent. There is also a very slight synthetic/plastic smell underneath it all, but its not entirely unpleasant. to me it what makes Dreamer unique.
I got this as a gift and while it is not my favorite, I seem to get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Maybe it just goes with my chemistry.
The floral/powdery elements of Dreamer reminds me of Scott McClintock for Men. The one that came out in the mid 1990's. That was a great scent that has long been discontinued, I would love to find a bottle. Dreamer is not a bad replacement.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Beautiful secent. Sometimes this is Le male, Sometimes this is Joop.
But still have its own legacy.

maiandros
maiandros

Masculine, great for night romantic occasions but not for High temperatures. Long lasting, sweet but also manly.

Atbinj
Atbinj

a true master piece
Scent:9/10 the opening is really bad but after 2-3 hours it becomes a true master piece
Versatility:10/10 very safe, good signature scent, very god for romantic occasions
sillage: 7/10 scent cloud for 1-4 hours then sits close to skin
longevity: 10/10 10-15 hours

36/40 (my current favorite)

1. Parfums de Nicolaï, New York
2. Baldessarini, Baldessarini
3. Versace, Dreamer
4. Tom Ford, Plum Japonais
5. Chanel, Antaeus

The dreamer is in my top three. I love it.

violinorama
violinorama

This is made for men. But I had in 90s and I liked very much.Fresh, clean scent.

lalelu
lalelu

its a good smelling fragrance but if you own le male you really dont need this ..

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

I fell in love with Versace: The Dreamer from the first spray, which was in a department store at the edge of town. It smelled vindictively familiar to something else I owned, but I could not quite place it.
Upon first spray, TD (The Dreamer) will come across as sharp and cloying. Give it time; after about 5-10 mins, it will simmer down into a gloriously sweet aromatic that is to DIE for!
It is aptly named as such, since it makes you think of one thing: day dreaming. Perhaps what you would picture when you're wrapped in the arms of your favorite girl, or guy, and you know that this is the one. That is what this fragrance makes you think of....serenity.
This scent lasts forever on my skin. I usually get 8+ hours out of one spray, and it projects somewhat softly before dying down to a sweet skin scent.
Buy, try or pass? BUY! Give it one spray if a tester is available, but I guarantee that if you give it time, you will also fall in love with it too! For this fragrance, if you have never smelled it, envision if Le Male and 1 Million had a baby- Versace: The Dreamer would be the glorious product.
Spray recommendations: One on the chest, two to the neck, and set! Be wary if applying more, since this cologne is somewhat potent when overapplied. You can quickly drift from the field of pleasant to overpowering quickly.

Projection: 5.5/10 (Slowly drifts from the skin, but does not go far)
Longevity: 8/10 (8+ hours!)
Smell: 9/10 (Pure sweetness and serenity)
Versatility: 9/10 (Any occasion- formal or not)

SAIUN
SAIUN

I blind bought this after reading plenty of opinions on it, and because of the YouTube reviews from tswetcoff and CoachRob619. Coach Rob said it would be good for people who like Le Male (which I love) and that it's similar in a few ways.

Personally to my nose, I get the smell of cigarettes from the tobacco note in this fragrance. I detect no similarities to either Le Male or Cuba Gold (which is like Le Male with a faint tobacco note). The cigarette smell was overpowering and unpleasant IMO.

Excellent projection and longevity. 10+ hours on my skin.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

When I saw the notes for this I was excited to try it, after finding a sample of it in the mall, it left me very disappointed. This stuff legitimately smells like old dryer sheets. You get a blast of lavender and sage in the opening, which gives its fresh slightly creamy dryer sheet feel. The middle notes give it a little floral, but still smells like floral scented dryer sheets. Finally, the base ends with a bit of sweet tobacco with an earthy note behind it. Perhaps dryer sheets are going green for the ecosystem? Very disappointed with this, but hey, on the bright side it has the fresh feel. I definetly won't be buying it though.

bobosan336
bobosan336

Lot's of hype - for me it disappointed. Fir, lavender, some tobacco, some other non-descript greens, some sweetness. Feels like an herb garden but not the mesmerizing deep sweet and fragrant summer garden smell - more of a synthetic bitter herb covered with synthetic sweetenes (Splenda?). Not sure if anyone wears this these days. I don't know why all the youtube reviewers fawn over it - what's special here?

Decent longevity. Doesn't seem to project much. Not terribly masculine, not that feminie either. Versatile. Ugly bottle. Try before you buy.

soned

OK, I need to revise my old review on this one. I used to have this in 1999, and I liked it, but forgot how it smells. Bought a new bottle in 2011, and did not like it. Smelled like ACE powder laundry detergent, and not very long lasting. About a year ago, found a gift set, with a 1.7 bottle, after shave and body wash for like $15 and bought it. Now....that one reminded me the original one. Harsh at the top, but then it became a soft powder, green tobacco leaf. And that one lasts like crazy.

Now the differences. The 2011 3.4 oz has a very soft yellow juice with a 6 digits serial. The 1.7 is completely clear, and a 5 digits serial, otherwise, the bottles and the box are the same.

Recently, found another 3.4 oz discounted and bought it. Clear juice, but the same scent as the 2011!!!!, not the great scent of the clear 1.7oz.

Conclusion.......I have no idea what is going on with this one.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

I guess I had a bad bottle as I did not find worth of all this hype.
As it is a discontinued fragrance I probably stumbled into a bad batch and had no smell,projection, or longevity at all so I couldn't really enjoy anything about this.
I am not definitely try it again as it would be turning into a bet to find the bottle with the good batch/storage keeping through all this years.
Such a pity.

samcrow
samcrow

Definitely for colder, dampier weather.

duzmantic
duzmantic

This on me smells like Yardley's English Blazer. I don't like it. It smells cheap.

bart4543
bart4543

EASILY TOP 10 OF ALL TIME IN ANYBODYS LIST. THE IS VINTAGE VERSACE QUALITY, NOT THE NEW CRAP THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASING LATELY

shawnjj
shawnjj

This is hugely lovely. A plush satin bed, a sweet creamy night air, and all the glittering stars above--but you can't join them yet because you're dancing. Dreamy, creamy, glittery, and plush, and doing its own thing. Dreamer is aptly named for sure, I love this one.

Bunino

one of my all time favorites

AndreiCristian
AndreiCristian

Well , i do not find anything special out of this fragrance. Dont get me wrong , is a good one , but nothing special , it smels like a clean soap.

Lasting 7/10 last around 6-7h on my skin

Sillage 7/10 moderante , soft,skin scent.

Scent well , 8/10 , is preaty good for a soap :)

Price 9/10 , good price for this fragrance .

Overall 7.5/10

BUY/TRY/PASS

Give it a TRY , if you like a soft moder tabaco fragrance .

PS: Opening is verry harsh . tons of tabaco ! But then it smells ok , a little bit feminin....

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

really really want to try this one but way too hard to find. Love VERsaCe fragrances <3

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Although Versace Dreamer has been around awhile, it's new to me and I am pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy this fragrance. I get a very nice lavender/tonka bean scent with a hint of tobacco rounding-out the major notes. To be honest, I really worried about rose in this fragrances because I'm not a fan of this note, but thankfully the rose/geranium/carnation trio was well blended and it add a rich, lightly perceived, floral vibe to this scent. Moreover, I didn't detect any vetiver...although I have been wearing fragrances like Grey Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver, Vetiver Tonka and Terre d'Hermes (vetiver rich) this past week; nor did I detect any cedar. It also had a very nice fresh feel to it.

Update: I've had an opportunity to wear this a couple more times and the tobacco was more pronounced. It's a very pleasant mild-tobacco flavor that I really like, but not love. But who knows...if I keep reaching for it.

evilspin
evilspin

I dont get Tobacco out of this. But i do get a similarity between fragrant fresh linen dryer sheets and Joop Homme or Individuel by Mont Blanc.

rzetzm
rzetzm

Versace Dreamer is an older cologne that has somehow flown under my fragrance radar. I don't know how, but I oh so adore woods, tobacco, and light flowers (for men). Well, here we go.

Upon first spray it's sweet - not cloying. I can best describe it as lightly sugared flowers/herbs. It does hint at 'antiquity' (it seems like anything before the internet and iPhones is just as much). I imagine a very confident, but not cocky, guy wearing this. It does have some vanilla/sweetness from the tonka bean but I don't think this is allocated strictly for winter wear. It's fresh, pleasant, and completely unassuming. You're not going to aggravate anyone by wearing this at the gym, work, or just out. I enjoy wearing this instead of Aventus lately, just to mix things up.

A strong, reliable scent that when I'm stumped for what to wear for the day, this is always a possibility. Big like from me.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

Don't have this and want to try it? No problem! Just roll around in fresh linen - scented fabric softener sheets. "But there is no tobacco in fresh linen - scented fabric softener sheets" you say? Well, there isn't any tobacco in this either!

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

A play in three Acts. Birth with all it's promise of new beginnings, fresh, new, clean, bright. Then we have life in all it's surprises of good things, scary times, unexplained, riddles, love and loss. Finally the drydown.....you are in heaven, true bliss.

mofojo74
mofojo74

Dated...yes!! But boy...... It's well blended!!! I group ALL my fragrances in similar groups on my shelves,this sits next to d+g pour homme(original),jpg le male,midnight in paris,paco rabanne one million!! You get my drift.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Started wearing this today, and will be until it finishes ( perfect season: Ending of winter/cooler weather )

You can pull this off at any season but I personally favor it in the cooler times.

With that said, I haven't worn this since H.S. and got it again for this season...It is awesome.

A smell that is soft, warm, inviting to the point you can inhale it to the point you can't anymore and not get sick of it.

I would definitely put this in the top 3 of Versace fragrances.

A Must have...not try...but have!

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

UNIQUE, who loves tobacco smell , they will love this cologne. Most people who don't like versace , they love this fragrance. Price is very low for a versace. I found it at Ross for $30.00. Smell is very unique and when you smell it fist time , you would not like it. Wait for 10 minutes, later on magic starts.

It stays on me 6 hours, Protection is good, longevity is perfect , you can go 4 sprays will be enough.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

What can I say about this last masterpiece by Gianni Versace of the fragrance Dreamer, well here it goes.

I have no complaints, except that Gianni should not have gone out that morning out that door of his house, but that's another topic in itself.

The fragrance by far very unique spirit and learning of the notes it explains a lot too. Yes it does open with a strong scent of the Tabaco but then it turns into a wonderful aromatic scent that is very romantic that has soul and sophistication to it .
This perfume has a old world beauty and romance too it but not in a rustic way, the Dreamer has sophistication of spirit and character that reveal its unique beauty and power on the right nose and body chemistry.

On my skin the lavender and vanilla gave it that wonderful romantic quality to it that enjoys being on me, the mandarins gave it a alertness to it but appealing and the Tabaco blends and holds all these together reminding me and everyone this is a male scent but has that air of romance to it.

I bought this fragrance when I went to buy Blonde and I enjoy both of these perfumes dearly, but Dreamer isn't for anybody, it is a picky fragrance but once it likes your chemistry its quite a exotic affair.

I hope they still keep this Dreamer around because its a good unique scent with a lot of character to it that I enjoy a lot.

This fragrance could be used anywhere in the day or night , the reformulation is not as warm but it still smells as good, but this perfume is definitely try before you buy kind, because its a picky guy.

drewqxc
drewqxc

This stuff is rough! When I first sprayed it on, I thought the juice had gone bad! It distinctly reminded me of bug spray. I immediately regretted purchasing the product. However, when it settled down after 30 minutes, I smelled lavender with a light tobacco and a hint of spiciness. I am not a fan of it and it is not worth waiting 30 minutes only to have it disappoint you further. Not recommended.

lmlovespapa

could a woman pull this off anyone????????

sybaris
sybaris

Got this in a sample because I was looking for a good tobacco scent.

It started off very flowery and took an hour to settle down on me but even then I couldn't find any tobacco. I did find something else but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it hit me .......... well of course... it's another Joop! Homme imitator.

dubairob
dubairob

My first experience with Versace's The Dreamer was in a perfect setting...testing on a cold starry night, walking out of the fragrance shop, and feeling that lovely, strange and highly individual opening, a creamy tobacco and tonka bean scent, supported by gorgeous vanilla and florals. Never will forget it, and needless to say I turned right around and bought myself a bottle.

This fragrance will carry a lot of nostalgia for some people who well remember clubbing in Europe in the 1990s. It was everywhere at this time and so redolent of the good times.I can practically hear the soundtrack of the second half of the 90s when I smell it...Problem of course with a fragrance like The Dreamer is that it just got too common and was way too heavily worn. (It is a fragrance where less is best, so go easy on the trigger.)

All said, The Dreamer is a wonderful - and very likeable - fragrance for anyone to enjoy (though it has a lot of youthful associations for many). It is a perfect casual Winter evening fragrance with decent longevity and projection. I believe anyone with an interest in male fragrances going back more than a decade needs to know this well.

Highly recommended try.

The nose behind this frag is Jean Pierre Bethouart

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

I just purchased this for my husband but ended up putting it on my dresser because I love it. I think this is more of a unisex scent and will be wearing it myself. I may layer it but I really don't have to. I just tested it on myself so I can't say much about sillage or longevity at this point.

maysa2

Does any one know the nose behind this frag?
I looked for the creator but I didnt find any information about this!

maysa2

Does any one know the nose behind this frag?
I looked for the creator but I didnt find any information about this!

FlashAdler221

I managed to get my hands on a vintage bottle of this juice. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first but then I realized that it because I prefer a few other scents such as Prada Amber Intense, Dior Homme/Intense, Givenchy Pkay Intense and Armani Code Ultimate.
After testing it out a few more times something hit me. Call me Crazy but this cologne reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Angel for women. Am I crazy? Then something else hit me. I'm also reminded of Cool Water and Joop. Angel, Dreamer, Joop and Cool Water are all 90's releases. There's a something in all of these that indicates to me that they were made in the 90's. Why is that?

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

A wonderful designer tobacco fragrance...but be careful of the opening: an herbal sweetness that reminds me of sugary Southern iced tea. Overspray and you'll be nauseated.

The tobacco is nowhere near as in-your-face as Versace Man; it's a light one, offset with some floral notes (not overly feminine but Dreamer could be unisex). This does get woodier as it dries down but it never really loses the sweetness. Longevity is excellent.

petranfx

This frag was never in the versace website for a very long time

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

Yesterday I was at the Versace Fragrances website... and Dreamer was out...

There was only Versace Pour Homme, Eros and Eau Fraiche...

Does anybody know if this one was discontinued?

pmaxlover1
pmaxlover1

Smells EXACTLY like Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh for women!!!!! LoL

briannyc94
briannyc94

I bought this one when I got into the fragrance game, but did not like it all. Smells kinda mature imo. I had to give it to my dad, but he loves it and as others do as well. just not for me. Do not blind buy like I did. get a sample first.

Love&Happiness
Love&Happiness

An older cousin of mine, since my childhood, wore a fragrance with the most wonderful dry down. It was sweet but I could never exactly describe the scent. I asked him what it was and he would always say "Versace". I knew this stuff was amazing even back then. When I finally realized that THIS was it, I knew that it was a must have for my collection. And after all these years, it's finally mine.

BookableJam
BookableJam

The Dreamer, to me, is a very, very, sweet fragrance. I dont like sweet fragrances, because i dont want to get my cologne mistaken for perfume, but i dont mind wearing The Dreamer. It smells very clean and crisp, and is a complement getter. Very good value. It has Good Sillage, about 8 feet Projection, and, at least on my skin, has lasted longer than many Celebrity Marriages. This guy lasts forever. Skin or Clothes, no worry, The Dreamer will last DAYS. You have to really try to get it off in the shower.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

There is some good tobacco in this bottle. Men, wear this if only to please the ladies. My fav men's fragrance. So sexy.

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

This is the ONLY. ONLY sweet mens perfume that is actually manly and might get you hitting the sack with a babe if you play your cards right. Stands its ground for the price you're gonna pay which is relatively cheap. This is one of the few good ones left.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Versace's The Dreamer has become a bargain bin regular at discounters across the USA over the last couple of years--making it an excellent low-risk, high-rewards pickup with solid online resale value if you find it's not for you later. Following in the footsteps of Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, which revitalized the oriental fougere genre two years earlier; Versace released this more mature, more herbal and floral fragrance aimed at Le Male buyers in 1996.
The results? A resounding success, though rarely spoken about in mainstream publications and without the advertising campaigns that Joop! Homme and Le Male benefited from; The Dreamer forged its own path of word-of-mouth success by offering a timeless tobacco, lavender and floral core with a creamy tonka and herbal, woodsy fir and rootsy vetiver.
A few years ago, thanks to several prominent Youtube reviewers, a renaissance of appreciation for this fragrance occurred which showered Versace's The Dreamer with accolades and endless praise. Is it worthy of all the hype? Yes and No... (Will finish the review tomorrow)

LeBart
LeBart

Hm, it is very hard for me to understand that someone can actually dislike this fragrance. Since I've read negative comments, I really doubt that those people sniffed the original stuff. :-) This is simply one of the best colognes on the market. I understand that it doesn't suit everybody, but "dislike"... Something's wrong with you noses people. ;-) This fragrance is simply amazing, a masterpiece.

Update: I'd say, this fragrance is the king of drydowns. The longer on my skin the better fading into "dreaming". My rating is 9/10.

I love Dreamer, but I must say that reformulation is not even close to the original.

Edit: Too bad, but I must say that this fragrance has been ruined. People who have sniffed the original stuff from the nineties know what I'm talking about.

njrussette
njrussette

I had heard of this fragrance a while back but I had never found it until today. There was a 50ml body in the bargain bin for 20 bucks and I thought, wow, there's no way I can turn this down. I purchased the fragrance and immediately went home and tried it out. It was my first time using this cologne and I used 2 sprays. 1 on the neck and 1 on the chest. For the first 3-4 hours it left a nice scent trail behind but after that it remained close to my skin for about 10 hours in total. To me, the smell is like a sweet tobacco mixed with florals. Also, it doesn't smell like any other cologne I have smelt before. This scent would probably best be used during the colder seasons. Overall, I was very pleased with this,especially for what I paid and how long it lasts.

My rating: 3.5/5, I would recommend you try before you buy.

dolcethadon

I was shopping at a profumeria while I was on vacation in Italy when I saw this gorgeous bottle sitting on a shelf.. I picked it up and sprayed it on the tester strip and I was shocked! The first thing that came to my mind was vintage Dolce & Gabbana! I was not expecting to find that similarity in Versace Dreamer, but I did.. This fragrance opens up with lavender, mandarin, and sage but the tobacco is dominant from the beginning all the way towards the dry down.. Dreamer has that same tobacco note that made me fall for D&G so many years ago.. They actually have a lot of notes in common like lavender, mandarin, sage, geranium, rose, cedar, tonka bean, and of course the tobacco.. Dreamer is however a lot more floral than D&G and a lot sweeter.. The rose note is what gives Dreamer the floral tinge, and the tonka bean is what really sweetens this fragrance up.. This is a sexy fragrance and definitely can be a date scent.. This is one of those classic 90s fragrances that should never have been discontinued! They do not make tobacco fragrances like this anymore.. I love it!

Roman86
Roman86

This is a nice fragrance but if over applied it can get cloying. Don't spray too much because a little goes a long way and that's saying something because I'm usually an advocate for liberal spraying. Potent and long lasting so be careful. It's a nice fragrance that can't be judged at first spray. Give it some time and get to know it. At first I wanted to get rid of my bottle but I decided to keep it and revisit it from time to time.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

This starts off herbaceous with a sparkling quality to it, thanks to the lavender and clary sage notes. As the scent settles, the powderiness of the scent emerges, making it smelling similar to talcum powder of sorts. I tested this twice, once on skin, and very determined to smell the tobacco note others have voted it to be so dominant in this scent. It emerges in the drydown, but it was not a damp, dark tobacco note I yearned to smell. This is a fresh tobacco note to the point where you can actually smell the dirt of the soil the tobacco was harvested from. The hint of tonka emerges just barely hours later.

In short, a herbal, powdery and fresh tobacco scent.

Oposai
Oposai

Big fan of Versace, but it deserves a legit review. I just smelled it and i wanted to get my thoughts fresh, i am not going to touch on longevity.
Ok, so first of all the projection is very soft on my skin. The opening of Dreamer is very good, sweet, vanilla-ish,fruity, and most dominantly citrus. The opening is like a reminder of 1 Million by Paco Rabanne, in terms of the sweetness and the vanilla. Yes, you can perceive freshness in the opening as well. I feel like the fragrance jumps that middle state and goes straight into the base right away, within a minute of application on the skin. The dominant citrus is completely gone at the base, it transforms quickly into a dry, tobacco, fresh spicy scent. Without digging too deep, the smells comes off as a floral scent, but it really is a bit more complex. The base could be either loved or hated depending on how sensitive of a nose you have, it has that after-effect of Chrome by Azzaro which could make you nauseous. I would recommend this for the night and cold weather, especially the winter.
Overall, i think it is very good fresh-spicy fragrance. It may sound silly, but the base reminds me of cheap rubber toys. I rate this 7.5/10, nothing too special about it, very wearable. Just a decent night scent, casual, could maybe pull it off for more professional meetings. I would of preferred the lemon base in it, and that would give it an 8, and take off the Chrome effect for an 8.5.

*Update
After a bit more testing i found out longevity is good, it gives me about 6 hours before it stays very close to the skin. The sillage is arm length initially. The Chrome by Azzaro effect of nausea goes away quickly too and you are left with a very aromatic base, i am talking after an hour of application. It is an extraordinary fragrance, now this fragrance deserves a 9/10, It is still complex and goes through many changes, the aftermath scent surprised me afterwords and i could make this my signature scent.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

The Dreamer is a warm, inviting, cozy tobacco scent with lavender, soft florals of rose and geranium and one of the most amazingly beautiful dry downs to be encountered. A perfect scent for snuggling up with your woman on the sofa, let her head rest upon your chest and take in your scent, alas she will soon fall into a "dreamy" state of happiness, comfort, security and desire... The opening can be slightly synthetic and floral, many hate this part, I like it... The dry down delivers a long lasting soft fuzzy masculine aroma: romantic, sensual and honest. All round: a lovely tobacco scent, unique, not so common these days and a real pleasure to wear. Thumbs up.

42gr
42gr

This is in the same school of formulation as YSL Opium
(I much like).

But this is very soapy smelling.

After 15 minutes head ache inducing

Smelled like a multinational corporation specifying the scent of race horse and ending up with a washed camel.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I just bought this blindly at a drugstore near my house, and I am very impressed with it. When I opened the box, I was praying that the opening would be at least bearable as people claim it to be horrid. To my surprise, the opening smelled rather sweet, almost honey-sweet. I thought to myself, "What is that harsh/bitter opening that everyone talks about? Are they crazy?". I really don't get a nasty smell in the opening. I will say that the fragrance is definitely cloying, but still smells heavenly. After the opening, there's this really amazing combination of lavender, tobacco, and honey that makes it a unisex fragrance; not feminine nor masculine. I certainly recommend this fragrance, but try your best not to blind buy it because it is a very polarizing scent, unless you have no other choice. If you enjoy doing blind buys then by all means, go for it.

frog23
frog23

Yet another one I gave to my wife. Too girly for my skin. Actually the words my wife used were "that would smell great...on me."
The scents that stood out to me were fruit and too much of it.

There is nothing I can really add to this. After wearing it all day. It did nothing for me and I could wait to wash it off.

Wearing this again in cooler weather, my perception has changed a bit.
I can see why some people find the opening of Dreamer to be off putting. It's simultaneously soapy and slightly barnyard. Kind of bitter. Probably the lavender & geranium.
Tonka comes in after a few minutes, along with a mild carnation note and a very subtle rose. Rose seems more prominent on my skin when I wear this on a 60+ Fahrenheit day.
The tobacco is quite bitter on me. It's not sticky, sweet pipe tobacco.. almost like you're smelling the nicotine.
Maybe it's the cedar, but the overall impression I'm left with is something akin to a "junk drawer". Pencils, bits of tobacco, a random hotel soap, a half used makeup compact.

Critic
Critic

Stuffy, dusty sweet scent. Lasts and projects really well. Quite strange but very nice.

aleksandar.dragas6

This is very good but not for everyday, I would probably die if I had to wear this everyday..

kaysee
kaysee

i love it. longevity is really good and the juice is incredible.
It's defo sexy and elegant. I do get a soapy dry down.
It's a must have.

darksome
darksome

Pure, clean, white.

Like freshly fallen snow, that hid the foodprints from a virgin, passing trough a fir forest, few hours ago.

This is what Dreamer smells to me. It actually has a similar vibe like Chacharel Noa (the Nivea Soft type of smell), but it's more masculine, peppery, but also floral fresh. This scent seems to be the younger, fresher, more coquettish brother from Prada Amber Pour Homme. They are not similar! They just share this pure, powdery/balsamic vibe.

The most prominent notes for me are lavender, sage, fir and an echo of powdery rose and vetiver.. The tonka bean is not really prominent, it gives just the right amount for the creamy accord. The tobacco is in the background to support the fir.

For me a little too safe and innocent for a man, but still a little daring for a woman.

EDIT: On the final drydown it gets more masculine. The flowers are hiding a little back to the background, and the fir and pepper notes get more prominent. The creamy base stays untouched. Still a very pure, unisex scent.

hedward
hedward

Okaayyy! I did a side by side comparison today with the reformulation and the vintage version.

I'll start by saying that both of them have the same excellent longevity and projection - the reform hasn't been watered down as some say it's been. No no.. Dreamer is just as strong as before.

The vintage version opens up much more tame than the current version - it's sweeter and with less tobacco. The current version opens up really harsh with wet tobacco and citrus and screams for about 20 minutes before the flowers creep in. They dry down somehwhat almost identical but the heart seems to be a little different. Vintage has much less tobacco and less tonka so it's a bit drier(the opening was however sweeter) and has kind of a feminine flowery smell. Current version really has that incredible sweet cinnamon-y tobacco that is the reason I love The Dreamer. About 3 hours after applying it reminds me a mixture of Tobacco Vanille and Le Male. Not that they are similar but Dreamer has aspects from both: The sweet spicy tobacco from TV and the plasticky vanilla from Le Male. Like said the drydowns are almost identical except that the vintage is woodier and the fir note is bit more pronounced.

Conclusion: The current (reformulated) version is slightly better due to the sweeter and stronger tobacco with the exact same longevity and sillage as the vintage. There is no possible way of smelling the difference of the two without smelling close to skin and having them side by side. Doesn't matter whether you have the vintage or the current formula it's no doubt an amazing fragance whatever the case.

Smell 8/10 x2
Longevity / Potency 7/10
Versatility 7/10
Complexity 7/10
x2

Overall score 74/100

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

I tried to dislike this.. perhaps because of its low price..perhaps because of the horrible open.. but I just can't. The open dies down rapidly and im left with a creamy appealing soapy smell that lasts and lasts.

The opening is totally cloying in warm weather. in cool or cold weather this quickly becomes a nice, sweet, floral, slightly masculine scent. Powdery. tobacco component is much weaker to me than it appears to be to many other reviewers.

Not that I think it's super likely, albeit possible, but I love thinking about Biggie wearing his Versace shades and wearing this fragrance near the end of his life.

benkim
benkim

I am generally a fan of a tobacco, sweet fragrance, which some reviews here have suggested this fragrance is one... Well.. I am not a huge fan of leather note, and in the note break-down, I didn't find one...
Initial spray, I was shocked of its pungent smell.. Well it died down to a somewhat pleasant smell, that reminded of leather!
The main player of this fragrance is definitely a lavender, which I am generally a fan of, but in this fragrance, my body dont seem to like it...

It's an OK fragrance for me, but I wouldnt personally buy it and wear it.. Pass for me!

Giorgio.ldn
Giorgio.ldn

One of my favourites...

I really recommend this fragrance.

seeingdoves
seeingdoves

I tested The Dreamer a few months ago and it didn't stand out to me. Since then, I began wearing Burberry Touch which I was head over heels for. Now, upon revisiting The Dreamer, I am totally sold! The Dreamer reminds me so so much of Touch for men. It's like I needed to smell Touch first, in order to understand The Dreamer. Now, I'm sure I'll wear The Dreamer often. The Dreamer is very versatile, easily wearable day or night, 365 days a year. It's very pretty and elegant. I could see this being a unisex fragrance. Pleased as punch that I took a bottle home.

danielson1
danielson1

One word; underestimated.

MCvitic
MCvitic

For sure this is my favorite fragrance !

Smells just amazing, and after the drydown it just get better and better.. On my skin least over 10h

For me, it has that "wow factor" which I'm looking at fragrances...

10/10 ! :)

fadi.jaffar
fadi.jaffar

Dreamer is one of those fragrances that makes you stop dead in your tracks, in the best possible sense. It is so unusual, so creative, and just so damn GOO
It's really DREAMER

RobbieX

This is a GORGEOUS scent for men. If you're not sure, think of this as Body Kouros with added tobacco. If you like orientals - look no further!

Finally24
Finally24

I felt it was too feminine on my skin so I gave it to my girlfriend and she wears it and likes it. Totally unisex, if not female frag, IMO.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Dreamer is one of the best Versace's creations. A very well made men's scent which perfectly embodies the spirit of the nineties. This manly, classy and panty dropper frag became one of my favorite juices since the very first sniff. The fir-tobacco-lavender combo creates a liquorice-like trail similar to Lolita Lempicka pour homme, however Dreamer is far more interesting and appealing since it doesn't have that cloying sugary note that LLPH has. Thumbs up!

petranfx

i am a teen and the beggining its so mature after that the dry down is more feminine and sweet i am not ure that is a teen frag

Bunino

Almost entirely lavender. I love it.

Layzie
Layzie

This is a tough one. Some days, it's a great fragrance that lasts all day and night. Other days, I find it slightly repulsive. When I first sampled it on my elbow, I couldn't stop smelling it. It was such a strong, unique scent to me. After a couple of hours, the same thing, I couldn't stop sniffing my arm. It does have an acrid opening, but the rest of the day, it can be quite pleasant! It's tobacco, floral, and a bit spicy. Lavender and wet tobacco are the most conspicuous notes, with a hint of sweetness sneaking around. I have to be in a certain mood to wear Dreamer, but my lady friends really enjoy this one on me.

When it works, Dreamer will have you feeling fresh all day as it projects well and has great longevity. You can typically find it for very low prices at discount retailers.

ronnyeitan
ronnyeitan

This is an amazing cologne, I've had some great compliments every time I have worn it. Girls love it, its sweet yet masculine

jht4060
jht4060

Perhaps I like Versace Dreamer so much because of the enchanting name. I recall being in frequent difficulties in grade school when called on during one of my window gazing reveries; once a young dreamer, now an old(er) dreamer. There is a classic slightly sweet bergamot and lavender top leading to a subtly blended middle of clary sage and tobacco with touches of rose and something slightly spicy, and an ambery coumarin (Tonka), wood, and vetiver base. Though I might call Dreamer a Fougere, it has enough sweetness and warmth that it is close to Oriental as well. Projection is gentle and longevity is very good in its understated elegant manner.

Dreamer is one of those scents that doesn't amaze you the first few times you wear it, but it grows on you and soon it becomes what you reach for when you are in a certain mood. Nothing about it is particularly distinctive or creative, but it is beautifully blended and yes I can't avoid getting back to that name. Dreamer, Dreamer, Dreamer... repeat to gradual fade...

bizz1001
bizz1001

Oh Dreamer, he really is air monger, he really has his head in the clouds and he is never going to grow up; forever young, Peter Pan, well he is a dreamer. "For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

S24995
S24995

My personal favorite from about a decade of designer and niche sampling. 10/10

Idlehands
Idlehands

I didnt see "toilet" in the top notes, but this smells like a public restroom. Seriously. Im glad I did NOT blind buy this one.
You will be "dreaming" of a new fragrance.

Bunino

Great frag. My one issue with it is that upon the first spray, it comes off a bit like Joop, which I detest... however... the drydown is damn phenomenal. Totally worth that first half hour of yuck.

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

I finally tested it. So classy and mature. Sweet but it's kinda dark too. Perfect for autumn/winter. I might consider to purchase it.

Smyle12

Whatever, dude, judging by your wardrobe, The Dreamer probably IS the STRONGEST and BEST SMELLING fragrance IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Truth is, while we're all entitled to our opinions, it's really just a pretty average scent. Believe it our not, there's quite a few people on this site, myself included, who not only OWN FRAGRANCES (like this one for example) but have smelled quite a few others as well. Settle down, Beavis! Thank you very much.

Yours Truly,

Frag Heads Everywhere

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

LOVE this fragrance. it was one of my signature scents in college. i am a woman, and i think this is one of the most perfectly unisex scents i've ever smelled. it's odd to me that people think otherwise, but then people have too many rules about gender in general, oh well. i love tobacco scents, so maybe that's why i love it so much. it's so nice, like an iris-tobacco with carnation and tonka-truly lovely. i always wanted to spray my sheets with it, but didn't want to waste it.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

The Dreamer by Versace.
This fragrance has one of the best dry-downs. The Dreamer is a little harsh on the top, but after an hour, you get one of the best tobacco, lavender and tonka bean scents around.
3 sprays is all you need, you will get a wild first 20 minutes, so spray your chest or behind your head and both your arms, otherwise it might be a little cloying. After it settles down, hang on for one hell of an olfactory ride.

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

White floral, powdery application with a smokey dry down. A nice, distinctive scent, but I'm ambivalent to Versace's Dreamer. This fragrance smells unisex to me and more suitable for younger men. I personally prefer Tom Ford's richer and more evocative Beauty Tobacco Vanille. 5/10

LJUBsify
LJUBsify

Honestly, this just smells like rotten apples to me.

saransh
saransh

Man , this thing is amazing , the dry down projects like a badass and those floral whiffs you get from yourself, its heavenly, its one of a kind :D

sakallibebek
sakallibebek

Dreamer is just like it's name, warm, sweety, a little peppers may be. Here I don't mention about the ingredients but the feeling of it. For me it was a night time fragrance not for club for a visit or a dinner may be. And it is different from other scents, an original one.

Sillage and longevity was average, and I got a couple of compliments.

If you are unsure, I would definitely recommend a try.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Well well well.... I use to wear this ages back and longevity was ultra with its elegant dry down which i love a lot unlike the opening which i hate .... Then i stopped using it in 2004 but in 2009 i decided to buy again and i bought ONLINE with a different box ...very cheap though like 30euros for 100ml...Hmmm when i started using it was the same opening but fades in no time and vanishes like in 2 hrs with traces of projection...Any ways i used the whole bottle some how and decided not to buy again...In 2011 again after looking a lot of comments i decided to buy again and got a tester this time fr like 26euros, the same result, i thought it is a Crap reformulation or something BUT now in 2013 i decided to buy again from Douglas for like 44euros 100ml...the same new box, I MUST SAY THIS IS THE LEGEND...Today i just wore it like 5 splitz that in 37c (Fuckin Hot) all day i was out sweating and burning but my friends asked about it even till 8 pm... Summary stop to buy from online shops as some time we get the negative pic of real scent for all our life ...

jivanshi
jivanshi

The opening is vial, smells like stale acrid soup. But it is goes away quickly, and what is left on my hand smells like I have been smoking and tried to mask the smell with flowery cologne. I don't smoke, this makes me sick. I have really tried to give it a chance, but no: it is definitely not aromatic pipe tobacco, it smells like I have smoked a cigarette with that hand. If you are non smoker, do not buy it blindly!
What's more, the flower notes behind the smoke reminds me of a perfume my mother had when I was a child, I think, and when I try to smell it deeply, trying to remember what it was, the smoke in the foreground really gets me. Nasty stuff.
PS: It just struck me: it smells like Joop plus smoke! I had Joop a looong time ago and I did not like it, haven't used it much, but as I remember it, this is it!

hsuru4u

to add to last review...i guess i do smell the fir.. but maybe they reformulated this????

hsuru4u

i dont know why all the hype? Smells alot like cuba gold/ fujiyama gentleman/ jpg le male....i smell the pipe tobac..and some mintiness/lavender but longevity isnt too good and its very linear on me...which is ok but for $35 at tjmax i expected more...nothing wow to me..

timkal69

I just figured out what this smell is... its like a magical combination of Paco Rabanne's 1 Million and JPG's Le Male, its just an out of this world smell if you ask me.

timkal69

Just received mine today and in as much as this was a blind buy on eBay, I must say this is some exceptional juice, I liken it to JPG's Le Male, only better. Its soooo sophisticated, sexy, board and masculine just the way a man is supposed to smell. I can't wait for the compliments to start coming...lol!!!

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Blind bought this because of the YouTube hype, did not live up to it, can understand why Versace pulled the plug. An ethereal combination of tobacco and florals. Somewhat interesting, but not my cup of tea. I think this is overtly feminine.

dolcethadon

I was on vacation and at a profumeria when I saw this beautiful Versace bottle sitting on the shelf.. I picked it up and sprayed it on the card and the first thing that came to my mind was vintage Dolce&Gabbana! I was in shock! I could not believe it! The similarity is there! When I got home I saw a bottle of Dreamer in Marshalls and I bought it right away.. When I first wore this fragrance I noticed that it smells a whole lot better on the skin than it does on paper.. This is one you must try on the skin! The tobacco note in this is what makes it so similar to D&G, but if you look there are a lot of notes that they have in common such as lavender, orange, sage, cedar, tonka bean, and the tobacco of course.. I really believe that this fragrance is closer to smelling like vintage D&G than the reformulation of D&G, isn't that something? I love this fragrance from the very opening to the dry down.. That lovely sweet tobacco is the dominant note for me and I love it! I think the rose gives it a little of a floral hint to it and the tonka really sweetens it up.. It is a great fragrance and stands by itself! I am so happy I found it!

aleksandar.dragas6

I was disgusted the first time I've smelled it, but later magic just happened and I've bought it.. great smell but not for every day, I use it just for special occasions :)

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

A blind buy that I picked up based on the reviews here. I find Versace Dreamer to be spicy and somewhat sweet, with a hint of tobacco. Great longevity with medium sillage on me. I like it. 7/10

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

First time I wore it, I didn't like it and never wore it again until some months later, I applied some, and I was like: "did I apply some of my Dolce and gabbana pour homme?" (Which I loveeee!!!) And I though: "what the heck?, who's mixing my fragrances?" (one of my brothers has the wierd habit of mixing or changing his fragrances to different bottles) and thought he was messing with my fragrances lol, but he said he didn't do anything, so I applied again and could detect the notes, I was like "wow, this is a fucking good fragrance!, how was that that I didn't like it the first time?" Dreamer is soo romantic!!! Which has made of it one of my favorites (and I am picky in my tastes)!!!!

LANIER
LANIER

The Dreamer by Versace has for the longest time eluded me. The scent has always reminded me of something I could never quite put my finger on, Clouded and veiled it teased my memories and laughed at my stumbling block that kept me from finding the key which would open me up to The Dreamer. In the past when I would spray it on my skin it smelled so familiar and I would smile and enjoy it but still not connect in that way that makes a fragrance special to me. That all changed today.

This morning I pulled my gorgeous bottle of The Dreamer out of the back of the line up in my fragrance cabinet and looked at it. It really is very beautiful with the embossed Versace Medusa with its clever gold and black cap that you don’t remove but simply press down on to spray the clear juice. Looking like an eau de cologne bottle from the toilet of a long forgotten nineteenth century Sicilian Prince. Who are you Dreamer? Why can’t I decide if I like you or not? What is your mystery?

I sprayed it on a tester strip, waved it under my nose and boom! It all came together. I made my first trip to Rome in 1999, three years after The Dreamer was introduced. And smelling it on paper, not my skin I recognized that this was the smell of Rome in the last year of the 20th Century. Everyone that year must have been wearing Dreamer. It permeated the Via Veneto and the lobby of the Excelsior Hotel. It was in the museums and cafes and on the bus to Pompeii or the train Florence. During my first week in Rome the smell of The Dreamer entered my memories and then somehow got buried.

I understand it now and I have fallen in love with this fragrance because it takes me back to Rome and it feels like home.

The Dreamer opens with a dry lavender blast that finds warmth in mandarin orange notes and a dusting of Clary sage. It recalls the mix of smells one encounters in the Campo de’ Fiori in Rome around one in the afternoon when the morning odors of fruits mingle with the heated afternoon scent of herbs and flowers.

In the heart of the fragrance you find an interesting mix of those Campo de’ Fiori flowers, and something extra in the rose and carnation, and germanium permeated by a smooth rich tobacco. It reminds me of those wonderful tobacconists shops in Rome where you go in to buy your bus tickets and you smell the rich aroma of boozy un-smoked pipe tobacco mixing with old woods and the perfume of the man behind the counter. This middle is really warm and cozy like a classic 1980’s man’s fragrance in the best possible way a man’s fragrance can be.

Up from the bottom notes comes the note that most connects me to Rome and that is the fir note which is so reminiscent of the beautiful umbrella pines in the city. Redolent with green resin and wonderfully bright and sharp this note dominates the fragrance from the late middle though the dry down. There is a touch of Tonka bean which is ever so light like the cream on the top of a morning cappuccino. Vetiver and Cedar round down the notes and it all seems like a lazy summers dream under the afternoon sky in Rome.

The longevity of The Dreamer is as immense as the Roman Empire. After twelve hours on my skin is still quite decernable and projects extremely well at about six feet for the first three to four hours. It is to be applied with a light finger or you might find you are overpowering as you pass the innocent bystander.

I am so happy I didn’t give this bottle away when I first purchased it. The beauty of the bottle kept it in my cabinet. The Dreamer by Versace proved to me that not all fragrances are love at first sniff but given time and the willingness to revisit them you might just find the lost key to your dreams.

THE DREAMER 5 GOLD STARS *****

(For the entire review and Charlie Finn's story about Dreaming in Rome, check out my fragrance blog Scents Memory)

fonso92
fonso92

I'll try to give it a few more chances, got it for a great price but too lavendery for me. Reminds me of that rug powder you put on your carpet to smell good, its a little overpowering.

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

I've just finished my second bottle of The Dreamer. Don't know should I buy another one or go with Guerlain - Homme L'Eau

vinny8888
vinny8888

Terrible....I get an extremely wet tobacco smell at first and nothing else...drys down to a woodsy tobacco lavender that sticks on your skin heavily for hours upon hours...just way too much tobacco ...im shocked at how anyone can even think this is a unisex fragrance

Idrians
Idrians

Tested today, one spray on my wrist and my god... last forever!
11 hours on my wrist atm and I still feel it without much effort from a couple of inches, so in terms of longevity and projection is really really good.

About the scent... nothing really great at the moment but quite unique in personality, deserves some character.
Today is a summer and extra hot day in Barcelona so I'll try again in colder seasons, already put in the wanted list for future trys.... cause today was probably the worst day to test it.

I enjoy smelling it from time to time, just for a small window of time. At the office I had momments where I was saturated by the smell, specially the hour before the meal when I was so hungry... damn, being hungry and wearing an intense fragrance is a total killer to me, makes me feel sick (but it's not Dreamer's fault, happens with a lot of fragrances).

For the actual price, L/P and the fact that nobody uses it around.... i'd say I recommend, probably will buy in the future.

burgundyaltima

Dammmmmmmmn!!!..this stuff lasts forever!..still getting whiffs of this 7hrs + .. top notes are horrid but dry down is lovely

stockbreak
stockbreak

I think this is one of those fragrances that smells very different on different people. On my skin, it is HUGE rose and wet tobacco, and it pretty much never changes. My friend thought I was wearing a rose oil actually. I however love rose and tobacco so I love the dreamer. It can be cloying if over applied....I learned that lesson the first time I wore it lol, but tastefully applied I find it intoxicating.....takes my mind somewhere soothing and in a different time.

Andrapi
Andrapi

I'm the only one to find it quite identical to Dolce &Gabbana pour homme? (vintage of course)
Great scent, but too similar to the other one.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

I blind bought this and Im loving this stuff!!! The opening is strong as hell but the dry down makes justice to his name, The Dreamer. Sweet, clean, floral and the tobacco notes makes this a beautiful scent. Great for a date at night with a lovely person. Great for winter but I think you can pull this off on summer nights, its clean, sweet and fresh, why not? I highly recommend to give this a try and not to judge it for its opening. Longevity more than 5 hrs and still going, projects really good and you can find this at a very inexpensive price.
3.5 out of 5.

Legolas
Legolas

Opening is like a storm..really weard..but after few minutes,lavender and tobacco are dominant,longevity is 8-10h,and projection very good..masterpice from Versace..

Hamad.q
Hamad.q

Tea tea tea tea,,,,,the opening is smelled like tea leaves

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

Oh Dreamer...

This fragrance matches the the name and presentation. I like this fragrance a lot!

Presesntation: The Dreamer's bottle is a masterpiece alone! First off, the bottle dosn't come with a cap..the cap is the sprayer. The sprayer is embedded in the "cap". Its recognized by its black color that seperates it from the rest of the bottle. It sprays quite well. Not too much, not too little. The cap is a sort of octogon shaped, light gold colored dome that leads to a silver neck that is engraved with "upside down L's" that give it a greek feel. The silver engraved neck then leads to the glass. The glass is thick,clear and beautiful. It almost has a look and feel of crystal. The thick and sturdy glass has long 8 sided vertical rectangles throughout the length of the the front and back. The best part of the bottle is the protruding 3D Madusa head that's carved in frosted glass located at the front/top/center of the bottle. The Madusa head is Versace staple...just wonderful!

The Fragrance: The juice opens up very strong and aromatic. You can get a wet,sharp tobacco right from the start. Then i got the sweet flowery notes which im guessing is the sage and lavender..very flowery and close to being feminine..but the tobacco and tonka brings the masculine right back into it!

If you can get past the opening your in for a treat. The drydown is the money maker for this fragrance! The dry down (to my nose) is a Warm,sweet,light powdey floral,tobacco-y and even a lil peppery scent. Very romantic drydown..Go easy on the sprays maybe 4 at the most..spary early to insure the drydown to be enjoyed by those around you.

This fragrance is as if La Male and DG Pour Homme had a kid..Love this fragrance! Must buy!

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

In my coutry, Argentina, sold as unisex ... for my nose is artificial, I mean as stick, or false ozonic, a little sweet ...

buniek
buniek

Blind buy.
Big mistake.
Even after a couple of hours smells unpleasant for me.
I gave a try but dont like it.
Its a WOW fragrance for many people but not for me.

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

Tobacco, tobacco, & tobacco.
Manly smells
Sillage: 3/5

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

I tried this one, earlier at a Fragrance store, and I didn't like it. To me, it smells a whole lot like insecticide for cockroach. Then again, to be fair, I didn't spray this one on my skin. It was only on a paper strip. I think I may try it again, sometime.

LandHo
LandHo

Thanks - mini Review - Question

First, thanks to the fragrantica folks that post the "Read More About__(note)___" information so I can learn what scent each note brings to the table. Without this I wouldn't have known (or the process of elimination could have taken forever) that Carnations have a "clove like" undertone. This stuff is invaluable when your trying to determine what products to sample.

Second, because I've learned that Carnations have a "clove like" undertone (and it is there from the beginning) I just can't handle Dreamer. The few times I've tried it the dry down was nice but it took too long for the Carnation (clove) to leave.

Third, to my fellow fragranticans - how much of an unpleasant opening (scent and duration of scent) are you willing to endure to get to the "good stuff"?? I just have a hard time "wading" through some unpleasant smells looking/waiting for a payoff. The nice openings to unpleasant finishes (looking at you Xerjoff Fiero) are easy enough to decide (don't do it) because I know the pleasant start will only be brief and the painful end will endure. But what to do about the reverse? Just curious...

major_works
major_works

I blind bought a 1-oz bottle of The Dreamer yesterday at TJ Maxx. I've seen good reviews of it for some time. I think I tested it at a store once and had it filed away in the "maybe buy someday" folder.

So now that I've worn it for almost 24 hours, it's OK. Just OK. I don't get why so many people call it "strong" or "sillage monster." Maybe older formulations fit that description, but the bottle I bought does not at all.

As to the fragrance itself, I think I can learn to appreciate it more than I do at this point. This is the first item in my small collection with a tobacco note. It gives it that pungency in the early going, which is interesting. People rave about the drydown, and I agree that it's very nice. But just as The Dreamer is no sillage monster on me, neither is it very long-lived. It fades to a skin scent within a couple of hours.

So at this point, I call it an unequivocal "meh." I won't be buying it again for sure. Too many other things to try.

hornetz
hornetz

The dreamer came out at a time when fresh sweet fragrances were all the rage; definitely ahead of its time. It starts harsh because of the Lavender/tobacco note and 30 minutes later develops into a clean crisp romantic scent. Very versatile and can easily be a signature scent. People have liked it on me in the past and has a unique way of giving you ample of confidence. I think one or two sprays maximum is sufficient, any more and it becomes strong and nauseating. A very unique fragrance that holds its own place in the fragrance industry. For the romantic idealist type dreaming of utopia.

Molko
Molko

Dreamer is very earthy aromatic scent, maybe cause of the lavender, little bit sweet and also woody and dry. I feel that is an older fragrance but not oldish. First u can smell weird or harsh but after 30 minutes it calms down and feels like u walking in a lavender field in spring, nice, clean, special, unisex and must try for lavender lovers:)

LanceDior
LanceDior

First impression is that it smells quite like a more severe Le Male... Except the mint/anicide note is mixed more like A*men. Really quite beautiful so far, even liked the opening

Finisterle
Finisterle

This wants to be like the original Paco Rabanne -
aromatic and intriguing.

It falls short half way, in part because it is light, short lived and ends badly - like a sad cold watery ash tray.

The Dreamer is so similar to a cigarette - you spray it on, it gives a little warmth and too soon you end up with something disgusting you want to throw away.

kazewayz
kazewayz

A masterpiece. Well made fragrance, a classic. Smells delicious, from the opening to the dry down. Tobacco, woods, fresh notes. A romantic scent all the way, for a summer night. Try it.

petranfx

Also i taste the dreamer and i think its more nice fragrance than the blue jeans and more quality best teenage frag.If you are teenager and you want to be different and unique from the other teens dont wear one million the dreamer is the best no so common frag for you guys

petranfx

i will have a bottle of the dreamer tommorrow i wait the delivery and then i will enjoy this perfume.Im 17 and this will be my signature scent i will wear this in the summer nights at the clubs in town and i will buy the versace eau fraice my second bottle for hot summer days

DaHitManN
DaHitManN

This is the type of frag that needs some patience before you actually like it. At first, this was more like a nightmare than a dream, since I was not really into tobacco-smelling perfume. But, as time went through, I decided to give this buster a go one night, and man, this was actually a DREAM. It gave me the impression of baby powder and loved it ever since! :)

A 3/5 for me.

nick753
nick753

All I get out of this one is tonka and hints of tobacco that seems to come and go throughout the life of the frag. For some reason when there is a lot of tonka in a frag, it seems that it's almost all I can smell. This one reminded me a lot of Nikos Sculpture. A lot of tonka going on but not much else.

hegazy
hegazy

perfumes like people you need time to judge and know the characteristics and to be familiar with.
first time i hated the dreamer second time i liked the harsh opening may be the next time i cant live without it :)

RobbieX

A masterpiece of men's perfumery. Lasts all day - no problem. Silage - across a wide room easily. If you like oriental tobacco fragrances. well, this is it and it really is a grower. Dreamer is a fabulous liquid.

Jack's Creation
Jack's Creation

The essential character of this scent is basically Pure Havane stripped of almost all of the tobacco notes.

Soft, sweet and possibly too feminine if you are over 30.

Well crafted, long lasting and excellent value.

A good commercial gourmand, (though a little too sweet for my taste).

petranfx

Does anyone know if it has stopped producing

defunkt
defunkt

Wow.

I had seen lots of mixed reviews on this one and thought 'i want to give this a try' and got a little 1ml decant from ebay.

I put some on my wrist and waited for that harsh opening I had read about....nothing but beauty.

It smells absolutely unique. Ive never smelled anything quite like this one and it gets better the longer you have it on. Its very long lasting and has decent sillage throughout.

...i bought a 100ml after i tried this.

zvoncica
zvoncica

The most undeservingly forgotten male perfume.
Gemstone of temptation, masculinity and lust.
The Dreamer.

Beautiful fougere with rich tobacco notes swirled in lavender, mandarin orange and flowers.
I love how it breathes on skin.
I love its subtle character, melancholy tone and creamy oriental base.
I love to smell it on a men.
Gives me goose bumps.
Dreamer is a smell of Christian Grey.

Jwaks
Jwaks

The good. Tobacco, vanilla, floral drydown on this one is pretty amazing, a tad sweet and very pleasing. The bad. Opens with a big herbal, floral synthetic mess. Thankfully that passes in about 30 minutes and it's on! As nice as the drydown may be, I get something odd green and vegetal that I dislike. Honestly, it's sub-par and I expected more from this one. This is just not for me. Though, I can understand the appeal, especially if you love the aroma of sweet cigars. And women can wear it too, it's pretty unisex. IMHO there are better tobacco scents available such as Pure Havane, Chergui and Tobacco Vanille. They are a bit (or a lot!) more expensive making this a great value option! Overall, nicely done. The opening is disappointing but the drydown is worth the wait.

browne54
browne54

This is a masterpiece. It is by far the absolute best fragrance Versace has on their men's line. I continue to be amazed that this launched in 1996 when the raves of the day were Aqua di Gio and Claiborne's Curve. It is a timeless scent and does not smell dated in the least. At first I was kind of put off by all the floral notes in its mix because my preference and body chemistry is more suited for musky/woodsy scents. However tobacco is my favorite note in a fragrance and with all the reviews I needed to try it. EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS. The tobacco is a very fresh/floral smelling tobacco which I was surprised because most fragrances which incorporate tobacco utilize its smoky characterizations. The opening is synthetic and I can see how it could turn some people away, but I love the opening. Also if sampling in shop, try it on your skin and give it about a half hour to unfurl. It lasts forever (8+) and has excellent projection for the first 3-4 hours before settling closer to the skin. And it is so unique in the way it develops, definitely not linear in the slightest. I have worn it for a couple years and never tire of it. Neither do the ladies. It is masculine but has a soft, confident, nonabrasive nature about it. I wore it to the bar on a cool summer night last year and a girl came up and said she knew she could compliment me on how good I smell because the scent made me seem approachable. Take that as you will. Bottom line, wonderful fragrance and absolutely worth a sniff. Timeless. And because it has been around since 1996 you can find a very reasonable price online.

Carestinus
Carestinus

When I was 12 my brother got this scent as a present from his girlfriend. He found it too strong. I found it irresistible and charming. Very strong and almondy, sweet and gorgeous. I stole it for some parties and of course I looked out of place with such gentlemanly scent at that age. I had to wait for 10 more years to get a full bottle. Now I'm on my 3rd one.

This is my first love, though it has changed a bit. This reformulation isn't as strong as before, but it still keeps some of its great features. I haven't got bored of Dreamer in decades and I cannot say the same about most perfumes I've had, so it is for me a special scent, one to attract, to seduce and then leave lol.

Its reformulation is softer in attitude (lower sillage and without that oomph factor of the original formula) but stays as long as before... after 6 hours you'll still smell it. I am still wondering why Versace as a brand didn't keep going this path since I haven't liked any of their more recent scents... so mainstream and mostly forgettable. Something you can't say about this jewel. It makes a statement. You may like it or not but blaming it for lack of originality? Never!
It is a bit soapy, the tobacco is there of course, mixed with sage and a hint of vanilla (tonka?). I advise everyone to try this, and for those who find the beginning obnoxious or weird, please let it grow on you... ask people around what they think of it.

Dreamer will be on my top 10 forever. Unique, like the first love.

christy_crisbal
christy_crisbal

I do not like this perfume...smells like u´ve been smoking a box of cigars....blind buy....Not recommended!

bananas
bananas

WOW!!!! Now I'm a Dreamer convert.

After reading these fantastic informative reviews I went & got me some Dreamer action. This up-market pharmacy I spend a lot of time wandering around in every week stocks all these 'old' hidden gems of long forgotten -once- mainstream & limited edition frags that I spy on, then come to read these reviews & wonder how the hell did they escape my radar over the years????

I'm a gal.... & I think I really am digging this scent for the gentlemen!

Yes it's a strong whoa-in-your-face-onslaught of aromatic, sweet citrus-God-Knows-what-else.... but like other reviews, in getting past that stage...& it does pass fairly quickly, I get a fresh, aromatic, minty, menthol stage which must be the geranium/carnation/lavender blend emitting their mysterious medicinal-like qualities.

then comes the dry-down...... a tobacco, leathery edge that's fresh, mildly sweet, warm & comforting at the same time.

This could be the male version of Bottega Veneta for sure (my absolute fave signature chypre go-to)... if BV were to ever put out a l'homme edition of their beautiful masterpiece sometime in the future.

Such an interesting & hauntingly beautiful journey this fragrance takes me on.

I'am in LOVE.... surely.

ohenebakDuah
ohenebakDuah

i wonder y people r giving this perfume so much credit.i bought this blind and i don't think it lived to my expectations based on the nice reviews below.for me this smells very awful and i regret buying this perfume without checking it out .maybe it will smell gud for u but make sure u smell it before u buy it....horrifying indeed

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

I am officially making this my signature scent for 2013 and beyond. Im starting to love this stuff that im thinking about stocking up.to me it is really quite a unique fragrance. I dont undertsand how other people smell the top notes and think of it as harsh. Right from the start, this one smells like a a beautiful dream.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

The Dreamer, what a beautiful fragrance. I bought it for the first time when it was introduced. I have not stopped using it since. The tobacco is soooooo sweet. It makes me and my nose very happy all day long. I highly recommend it. A masterpiece by Versace.

petranfx

can i wer this i am 17 years old and i want somethink for summer and spring nights

kosmoskukka

Thumbs up for Asher, I do agree 100 %. This is really suitable for ladies too. Delicious and universal indeed. At my skin longevity was better. Hmm, when You love Dreamer try also Montale Wood & Spice. I had it one day at office and got more compliments than ever! *Smiles*

djr0825
djr0825

I love this fragrance. It lasts very long on me; Basically all day at work. It is a very dark mysterious scent. Smells great on me.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

On me, it's a sweet, spicy burst of fresh Earl Gray tea. The tobacco, rose, and lavender combine to create the most realistic, fresh bergamot accord I've ever smelled.

This doesn't last very long on me, probably two to three hours, but it's VERY enjoyable. You've just gotta remember to love it while it lasts!

I got this for $25 at TJ Maxx, and it was SO worth it! This is such a sexy, spicy fragrance!

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Everyone here on their reviews said they hated the opening.I actually liked the opening,HATED the middle and LOVED the drydown.If i were to give scores to each one seperate id put:
Opening:I found the opening ok but nothing revolutionary 7/10
Middle:This stage is for me the worst as the tobacco kicks in and its really NOT well blended.It lasted about 5 mins but ok no harm done.I can smell a bit of a urine scent in the very background 5/10
Drydown:This part is simply OMFG WOW its everything i want in a perfume.Its a mix between joop homme(!!!)and individuel by mont blanc and a bit of Nikos sculpture.The drydown is simply out of this world it has some cherry syrup kinda medicinal scent which i find it quite sexy and kinky 9.5/10
Sillage/projection is really average maybe cause i have the reformulation....
Longetivity cant fully comment i have it for 2 hours now and im smelling that heavenly drydown but it seems average too.Maybe 5 hours top.Ill update my review later
Overall score:A solid 8/10

Update:So far longetivity is a mixed bag.i got 6 hours,thn 4 hours,and today 3 hours.So longetivity is really AVERAGE 4-6 hours

vbjanos
vbjanos

Sometime last century, when I was thinking of perfumes as luxury, my trusted aftershave in the green bottle turned cheaper and cheaper again. This is how I got myself my first Dreamer: it was Versace and it was on sale and I used a couple of sprays into the bottle of the aftershave to improve it . I know, this practice is as sophisticated as dunking your bread roll in the hot chocolate but that was all I could afford at the time.
This way, over the years I have learnt to love the blast of intense aromas that is the Dreamers opening.

Now that I have been introduced to this site and pay a little bit more attention, I realised that I still have half the bottle of the original The Dreamer. Following the most repeated advice in the reviews I have tried it on myself and concluded that I really like it, more than any other Versace.
The original is quite refined and has a daydream vibe to it. The current formula is not as much in the clouds, more like Dream Big, and is more practical for everyday use. I wear it to work.

I have stocked up on the new one and will buy the original if I ever see it.

This is a must try scent with character.

teadot
teadot

I'm actually quite fond of Versace's Dreamer. But...

Brace yourselves for the first half. Which is un-apologetically Loud, Crude, and yet Sentimental. A date night scent worthy of a truck-stop diner! It's a cloying blast of synthetic and powdery floral cliches, made doubly brash next to a (cigarette) tobacco note. Boldly unsophisticated, but never insincere. This is either a real Cowboy's misty-eyed idea of romance - Handing her a dozen roses while talking through a lit cigarette. Or, alternatively, the scent of a creepy old widow down the street...(LOL) For your sake, I hope you own a set of spurs!

The base of Dreamer is the antithesis: It's cozy, congenial, and uncanny. Is it appealing? Yes, certainly. Is it romantic? Sure...if your Mommy still buys your underwear! (and that's not necessarily an age reference. LOL). It's a comforting fuzzy blanket of indistinguishable woods (stitched together with vetiver), snuggling up to a tonka note. But when Dreamer hits a certain point of balance between it's top and base, the scent is indeed "dreamy". Hypnotic, even. (Especially when it wafts from under clothing): Ahhhhh...A perfect hoodie scent ! It has the kind of benign "varsity t-shirt" sexiness, that women at an animal shelter might want a second whiff of ! I should really make this my "signature".

One of the most intriguing, polarizing, and unique designer scents -that may appeal to your vulnerable side. (The bottle of which I'm sure, had been designed by the general contractors of the Versace villa. LOL). Make no mistake. I like Dreamer, in spite of the jabs. It's simply...Cool !

Longevity: 9/10 (in base)
Projection (winter temperatures): 8/10 (in mid)
Art/Creatives: 7/10 (bottle, concept, and scent) Kitschy!
How: fall/winter, casual, leisure, perfect for anyone
Young at heart ! (and a must-have for collectors
of Designer Frags!)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The Dreamer is delightful in that it smells of something very succinctly, yet does not succumb to being a one-trick pony. If you've ever smelled a pack of freshly-opened cigarettes, you know the smell of cheap tobacco, and that's what The Dreamer smells like. Yet it lovingly presents this aroma with gildings of zesty herbs and crushed leaves on top, and couches the simplicity of the tobacco in lilies and smooth tonka. Therefore The Dreamer smells rather green and fresh throughout its evolution, although the tobacco lends it a warmer, browner aura. This fragrance smells a bit better from a few inches away, and not quite as coherent up close, and I think the tobacco reconstruction probably needs that space to work properly.

I guess I could get tired of this fragrance, but when its historical context is considered, it maintains its wow-factor. 1996? People were wearing Acqua di Gio and Le Male, for crying out loud. Calone, hedione, and tonka bean were all the rage. Sweetness reigned supreme. Heaviness was the unsolicited by-product of many of these types, and in a way the decade was a "fresh" inverse of the bawdiness of the earthy seventies and eighties. But The Dreamer bucks its own zeitgeist and smells rather quiet and timeless. Get this five-star wonder while they still make it. Beautiful and unparalleled perfumes like this are always targeted for undeserved extinction, and I'm looking to get a larger bottle in the near future.

reddishmango
reddishmango

this is a very mature fragrance. im 18 and ive only gotten one complement off of it. dont get me wrong its a nice smell but its gonna stay in my collect for a while till i grow into it. age range:25 and up

srjs
srjs

This is weird smell very synthetic, bottle is really nice but fragrance is very strange.In a bad way.On my skin it smell like stale tobacco with fungus growing on it.

dhutcheson
dhutcheson

The drydown is actually really nice. The rest is weird.

This scent is overly synthetic at the start. It smells like leather potpourri. Like I said, weird. I hardly wear this cologne, but when I do I spray it about 3-4 hours before I plan to go anywhere. The basenotes are great, they're just covered with grandma's spice cabinet.

Inexpensive and worth a try at the least.

harith

With difficulty I found it !!! And now I'm enjoying the aura so so much... Needless to say how many compliments I get with this unique fragrance...
It starts (or stars) after around 30 minutes...and longivity depends of course on the skin chemistry.
Notes of tobacco and flower....best to try before you buy because its weird.
Projection and longevity are excellent on my skin.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

Smells like an ancient forest... OF DEATH.

I had such high expectations for this fragrance after reading all of the reviews. I ordered a bottle online from a trustworthy retailer for a pleasantly low price.

First off, let me say that the reviewer claiming this smells like dry tea leaves and well water is SPOT ON. And that isn't a good thing.

Initial spray is bright, powdery, violet-y almost. The mandarin and carnation are obvious here, and intermingle SO beautifully. After a moment, it fades into a smooth, green, dry tobacco.

Then, after that three minute period of heaven, Dreamer turns into a nightmare.

You smell like ferns for the rest of the day. Ferns. All day. Earthy dirt, dying plants, but mostly ferns, for hours.

Aptly named, because I spent the first three minutes reveling in this brisk, sparkling aroma, and the next three hours dreaming of a new cologne.

sirpedrig
sirpedrig

I encountered this juice with high expectations based on many reviews and the scent pyramid. My expectations were exceeded. If Blue Jeans is a hike through a flowering forest, Dreamer is a gentlemanly stroll through a manicured and formal Tuscan garden.

The sparkling lavender-mandarin accord is gently restrained by grounding carnation and rose that pull you down into the resinous fir and tonka base. There's an herbaceous structure throughout, flowing from sage to tobacco to vetiver, that keeps the overall composition crisp and green. Dreamer is moderately sweet, but in a more mature, controlled, almost astringent way.

This is very well done stuff. Projection is modest, but noticeable at arm's length, at least in the early hours, thereafter close to the skin. My only real complaint is that I only get average longevity. I could wish this potion lasted for days.

kosmoskukka

I do agree, this secnt is Amazing. I am about to get a bottle to this house too. Sometimes might spray my-Self too. This is really enjoyable and scent with space and distances, someone mentioned Universal- that is exactly correct word. Suitable for women too, at least , I do love this beauty.

mahsam.raza
mahsam.raza

Just got my 1st dreamer bottle yesterday. i'm wering it today for the 1st time and DAMN this juice is amazing. got 4 compliments already and it's still half day at work.

projection is great and longivity is nice, i can smell it on myself.

amazing stuff

RickS1169
RickS1169

Starts off terribly to me. I used to be able to get past the top of this, but it became too much. Got rid of it as soon as I could and never looked back.

RobbieX

An amazing fragrance and totally masculine. Strong tobacco and tonka notes throughout. I know other scents have tobacco in them but this one has a unique silage. Staying power and silage excellent. Dreamer is like Body Kouros with tobacco. A powerful and lovely scent and one of THE best orientals in the world !

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

The Dreamer starts off with a harsh blast of sweet green tobacco and lavender, strong enough that it numbs the tip of my tongue. Unpleasant at first, but I grew to love it, because after about 20 seconds or so, it mellows into something truly beautiful.

On my clothes, the tobacco and lavender stay prominent, and it's a nice enough scent, but when it touches my skin, magic happens, the cedar and fir notes come out and blend with the tobacco and flowery notes into an incredible, sweet, almost hypnotic mix. It's so good it's hard to resist sneaking quick sniffs throughout the day. I wish everything reacted with my skin this way, this stuff draws compliments for me like nothing else.

The tobacco note is always strong, but it's not the honeyed tobacco scent of Pure Havane. It has a different sort of sweetness to it, more like fresher green tobacco leaves than, at least to my nose. It's truly a beautiful scent, and blends remarkably well with the lavender and cedar/fir. Sillage and projection are medium to long/strong on skin, and very strong on clothing, so go light, 3-4 sprays max for a night out, and perhaps lighter during the day.

mvc01230
mvc01230

Versace hit the bulls eye with Dreamer. When I first smelt Dreamer it reminded me of those little Smarties candies I use to love when I was young. Most definitely a very universal fragrance, which gives so many people the chance to wear it, Men and Women! Dreamer is such a pleasant smell that it puts me into a good mood. ALSO I was informed that Versace is discontinuing this fragrance from their line, and currently can be purchased almost anywhere on the internet at a very affordable price.

Overall 8/10

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Smell really nice fresh I love the uniqueness never body smell like I I not I naw like the top base notes the whole nine lol what's not to like. Bout this it's different gets the job done worth a try beware you might like it

herreroph
herreroph

Definitely, yessss

trickykid300
trickykid300

Warm and wonderful...with a sweet juicy richness that lasts and lasts. Like a fine wine only use this on special occasions; like family gatherings, intimate parties or on a well dressed classy date.

Its mature and sensual. How it smells is kind of like a natural dark cherry, rose petals and that oily leather gasoline like subtle background noise with a hint of grape juice and cinnamon gum...*taking swig*...delicious.

poirot303
poirot303

I love woody, leathery, and overall manly scents; in fact Le Labo's Santal 33 is my holy grail scent. That being said, I like this scent; however, it's not as deep or woody as I would like. I smell a bit of citrus and musk that is just enough to give me a headache. If you're looking for a more feminine version of this scent, try Thierry Mugler's Alien.

3gecos
3gecos

You cannot wear this perfume and be a Dreamer because the constant compliments that comes from those around you will keep you always wake!Even without will the word romantic come first into your mind when you smell this,along with unique,bold(really for men?!)and warm!The initial spray does seem a little violent,hard,heavy,cloying and other synonyms terms i've heard or read on reviews,but after that the magic night begins!I find this as my youngish alternative night scent when Ysl La nuit de l'homme doesn't quite fit!Longevity and projection are average-high on my skin!A+ monsieur Jean-Pierre Bethouart,what a scent!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Indeed this is a men's fragrance. I am the most girliest of girls and I plan on wearing this. It's sweet enough for women to wear.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Great review Cassiano as always and ofcourse other perfect reviews in here about dreamer!
I bought it 2 months ago a full 3.4 /100 bottle.
Its a mesmerizing scent starting a bit synthetic what i like by the way! its nog ugly its strange but good and gets you away from all the aquatics around.

The scent evolves in a sweet velvety moody fragrance lingering all day around your body.
It is : soft,cozy,sleepy,gentle,warm,mild,friendly and ofcourse in that way dreamy fragrance!... shall i go on? ohh yea add Romantic,poetic...
The bottle is ugly as a 90's chic could be! but thats no problem its about the juice...

I have one problem : longevity is perfect but sillage is so close to skin for me :-(
The times i used it i keep spraying and spraying putting it on my clothes the stay as i wear a woolen jacket so it keeps on the fabric.
You cannot simply over apply this ??
And i can know because people around me never tell me what im wearing and i did some 20+ sprays ons skin n clothes some days.

Is it me?? Im not understanding it as i hear everybody talking about pretty good sillage.

anyway i thought yesterday to buy another one because its already getting to the bottom.

Its an "everyday to go" fragrance for the win!
perfect for day and night wear.

haborym26
haborym26

not bad,really interesting but it smells too feminine for my taste.just like warm tobacco water with lavender.also very synthetic and linear.i prefer J.Bogart pour homme,similar but more masculine.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I'm definitely a fan of Versace colognes. They have always good quality, with high projection and excellent lasting on my skin. Moreover, Dreamer is one of the most discussed cologne at international websites such as Fragrantica and Basenotes. And it is not without a reason!

This is a cologne that doesn't have dozens of complex notes, but was extremely well prepared. Many comment about its strange, synthetic start, resulting from the mixture of lavender with the sage. I don't think it's the sage, but the mandarin orange. This mix of fruits and flowers is kinda impressive, giving a sour air at the beginning. But it's not unpleasant, it's just...different. And it lasts a short time, because soon the scent evolves into the most brilliant part, which is the heart of the fragrance, with its carnation notes, Iris and tobacco, combined with rose and geranium. I can almost see an old Indian kneading all these notes in a gourd, doing a sauce that leaves a delicious juice. Finally, this juice is added to a mixture of tonka, cedar and fir, just to keep it even more powerful, with a more masculine touch, trying to camouflage the floral tone.

The result is a creamy, heady, seductive scent, which travels between the classic/elegant and the modern/jovial, exuding and lasting excellently.
I am impressed by the absence of vanilla in the composition of this cologne, because the creamy aroma is very similar to some scents that have this note. And also I can't stop comparing it, sometimes, to Lalique and Laguna Homme.

Finally, I believe the "dreamer" is not for those who live with their heads in the clouds, thinking of light things, literally, daydreaming. For me, this is the man who believes in winning in life, to grow as a professional, achieving their goals and reach, wherever he wants, with the head held high and a beautiful scent exhaling from his skin.

That’s the dreamer I see wearing this cologne. Once again, a beautiful work from Versace!

zelmu
zelmu

Wow, this is weird. To me it does not smell of tobacco nor sweet. It smells like tea, like dry tea leaves. Also someone mentioned that Dreamer smells like unclean water which I partially agree. When I smell the Dreamer it reminds me of some old well full of dirty water. I think the opening isnt harsh at all, pretty fresh actually. Also because the scent is so dry, like terre D hermes, I would use this during the summertime. The Dreamer isnt sweet; its fresh and minty with a hint of bitter vanilla. Very unique, but not interesting or intoxicating. If you want to please the ladies then buy yourself le Male or body Kouros.

Scent 7.5/10
Longevity 5/10
Sillage 4/10

xerxes
xerxes

Bought my second bottle.
so warm and nice, not French style, suitable for cold weather.

hod
hod

this fragrance is something extraordinary. it's like you are walking in a garden full of all the flowers in the world , and you smell them all but with a strong tobacco..
i think this is sexy,sensual,mysterious and dreamy. just like the name of the fragrance. yes - the opening is harsh, but very soon ( i think after 15-20 minutes) it gets so much better. just wait and smell for yourself.
longevity,sillage and projection are above average. recommended!

kanak
kanak

finally picked up a bottle after reading all the reviews and i have to say this is a very different frag. the top note upon spraying is quite atrocious and is probably the reason a lot of people get turned off this. it didnt make much of an impression on me either the first 2 days. after that my nose started to pick out the different notes and it morphed into something wonderful. even the projection is strange, after 2 hours i couldnt smell anything but even 6 hours later other people around me could smell it. even my mom who normally cant stand half the perfumes in my normal rotation liked this one. all i have to say is anybody picking this up, do not base your opinions on your first application. live with this for a couple of days. this is one of those frags that grows on you and smells better over time. and others can smell it on you long after u can. im glad i didnt smell this when i was younger, probably would not have been able to appreciate it.

EDIT having lived with this for a while, I've decided it's not my thing after all. dont find myself reaching for it too often so ended up giving it to my brother. it's not bad, just that I have others I like far better and life is too short!!

sarito84
sarito84

Bought on a blind buy as it was cheap but really smells bad, very strong and cloying. I ended up giving my bottle away. Smells like a mix of tabbaco and piss.
Either u love it or hate it

twintert
twintert

I definitely get the baby powder smell. However, girls like it a lot! It's a smell that you have to get sort of close to catch, but then they come closer to smell it even more.

fergali
fergali

A very complex fragrance.You have to be patient with The Dreamer.It evolves to the dry down step by step as planned.If it wasn't for the dry down i wouldn't wear this, because the top notes are cloying.

Descartes
Descartes

Perfumes are such a mystery and you never know if you are going to be blessed and find another magical brew to add to your wardrobe. I don’t believe a perfume should be judge by samplers or by trying once. The dreamer was half the prize in my beauty store. Tried out but nothing happened. Then I read the reviews and things became out of control ...The dreamer...so and I found myself sniffing samplers every time I was passing by Douglas here in Amsterdam. And then the whole thing started to make sense. The opening and middles notes are short, but them the magnificent elixir takes places with sweet tobacco, leather, amber, opopanax , vanilla with a Tonka bitter dry down which is sublime. It feels so elegant, seductive. I feel my body is taking in an ecstasy by its reptile venom; dark, gothic and hypnotic. Masterpiece, only for refined intergalactic people.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

The first time I saw this at Shoppers in the $20 section, I didn't know it was for men so I tested it. I don't profess to be a perfumista but this smelled good and got me so intrigued but I knew hubby does not care to wear scents so no buy then. I saw it again last week and had friends tracking down unopened bottles. Found about ten last Wednesday at one location and there is only one (opened) bottle left today Saturday. The bottle has no lid for men to fumble with - just pick up and spray! The fume opens with tobacco and fir. To me, the sage, cedar and vetiver tones down the tobacco and fir. The touch of lavendar and tonka bean sweetens and softens the whole lot which prevents this fume as another sharp/strong after-shave scent. I sometimes catch a whiff of this while at work (from my wrist) and just have to take a good long deep breath -- it's that lovely! I envision a man in his mid-forties, respectable, visibly from money, in a suit or just clean-cut clothes, when I smell this. Hubby has since discovered that I liked Burberry Touch on him and has been faithfully wearing it just for me (I swoon and love to get close to him when the trail hits me). He likes this Dreamer as well but the bottles are for my stash and enjoyment. When he runs out of Touch, I may share my Dreamer and see if he, too, will get hooked.

If you happen on a sample, please try before you buy as tobacco is not everyone's cup of tea.

On me,
Sillage: a foot
Longevity: 8 hours (detectable after a shower)
Rating: 4/5 (could be a five but am a woman and still love feminine scents)

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

This is a gem, one of my all time favorites. Not for everyday use, but if worn in the right place at the right time you'll leave a lasting impression on those around you, in a good way. The name is so fitting because it gives you this memorable dream like presence that's so captivating. A great fragrance! If you want to stand out in a crowd full of paco rabbane and Chanel bleu try this out. Magnetic and unique.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Flower/vanilla powder with a aftertaste/smell of unclean water, you may not drink.
I liked it better second time I tested it, but I am still not a fan, And I still don't really get any tobacco.

I love the name, box and bottle. But it's the scent that really matters, and thats only okay, according to my taste.

RAG1987
RAG1987

Was curious about this fragrance and I just had to buy it. I can tell from first whiff that this has some tobacco and herbal notes. It's very unique and I am gradually getting more accustomed to the smell the longer it's on my skin. This stuff is monstrous in terms of longevity and sillage. I sprayed on my wrists this morning and had been cleaning all day but despite this I could still detect the smell on me hours later. Will give a more detailed review at a later date. So far I'm liking this.

EDIT**
I have been wearing this for a few days now and it is really my cup of tea. The initial blast is quite strong and gets right up your nose but that does not seem to stay long on the skin. After drydown I am constantly getting pleasant wafts of fragrance around me. I have had a few compliments already about the smell, a huge plus but I mainly wear scents for my own personal pleasure but it is always really nice to be complimented on how good you smell. I recently started a new job and my new boss is always complimenting my various choices of fragrances. She often jokes that she is only coming to speak to me so she can get a smell. Versace Dreamer went down very well, ESPECIALLY with my boss. Is anyone reliably able to confirm if this has been discontinued?? I see lots of bottles on ebay that are very reasonably priced so I may stock up if it has been pulled from production. The bottle is very nice also, On my first impression I was reminded of a Fox's Glacier mint with the thick clear glassbottle and clear juice. I love the spritzer too. I give this an all round 10/10 *****

vmann393
vmann393

Fantasic fragrance the dreamer is a really nice takes a little getting used to but it's still one of my faviroute's i get tabacco,floral,sweet in the dry down very the 90's ledgend is still going strong

Kain
Kain

If you like lavender based fragrances like JPG Le Male you will like this as well!
The opening is very strong dry tobacco note mixed with huge dose of synthetic lavender and some sweetness in the background.
The tobacco note is very strong and sharp and smell like dry tobacco which you can smell in cigars! it's very potent and you may hate it at first whiff.
As time goes by, the tobacco note settles down and you have a sweet tonka bean scent mixed with lavender and some other floral notes, but tonka bean and lavender are the main players in the base.
Projection is great and longevity is good as well.
If you could stand the sharp opening, the rest is quite pleasant for Le Male and lavender lovers!
Personally I hate lavender based fragrances and there is no exception here!
اگه از عطر ژان پاول گولتير لـِـمال خوشتون مياد به احتمال زياد از اين هم خوشتون خواهد اومد چون تقريبا تو همون مايه هاست
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي تلخ و بسيار تند توتون هست كه بويي شبيه به توتون خشك سيگار داره و مثل اين ميمونه كه توتون خشك و تازه سيگارُ تو دستتون بگيرين و يه نفس عميق بكشين
اين بوي تلخ و قوي رو بوي قوي گل لاوندر هم همراهي ميكنه و مقدار كمي هم رايحه هاي شيرين كه شخصا اگه توضيحات منو راجع به عطرها خونده باشين ميدونين كه چقدر از لاوندر بدم مياد
در ادامه بوي توتون به مراتب ضعيفتر ميشه و شما بوي شيريني تري بدليل وجود دانه هاي تانكا خواهيد داشت كه همچنان مقداري قابل توجهي رايحه گل لاوندر و مقدار كمي هم رايحه گلهاي ديگه اونو همراهي ميكنن
پخش بو و ماندگاري اين عطر خيلي خوبه
شخصا اصلا از اين كار خوشم نمياد چون به من حس همون لـِـمال رو ميده كه متنفرم ازش

dmhorton
dmhorton

I have to say that i love this cologne...after the first 15 minutes. The opening of this are the harshest of any cologne that i own but if you can make it past that hazing period, you'll find yourself in scent heaven. This is almost unisex if you ask my opinion about it but its a great smell nonetheless. Its a projection monster so be light with the trigger. I would apply this and wait about 20 minutes before heading out the door due to the opening of this one. Its a perfect summer scent if worn correctly and i give this one a solid B overall

Yurpdod may be correct. I think I have the new version and there is a tobacco blast at first. I don't remember this from a bottle I had a few years ago. I just did a dab sampling today and while it smells okay from a distance it does have that "chemical mess" quality if you smell it up close on the skin. I'll have to give it a regular wearing and report back.

mse-21
mse-21

This was a blind buy for my collection several years ago...the first time I put it on my skin...I got frustrated quickly! The opening was strange to my nose: herbal, tobacco, spicy and woods (Cedar?)... But after a little time it developed to a very nice scent! The dry down is well blended and well balanced. It is a warm and inviting Oriental-Fougere with a more or less casual style.

Very pleasant, long lasting with good projection! Interestingly very cheap and not that common! Overall: 8 out of 10.

ScentsAreEverything
ScentsAreEverything

The masterpiece of the Versace house.

I'm not sure if I am on the love or the hate side. I remember myself writing a positive review on basenotes hyping this fragrance few months ago, but I'm not really sure what the hell I was smoking, because this is an average fragrance in my eyes. Sometimes.

This scent is VERY heavy on tobacco. So heavy I usually don't get the green notes (I never get the mandarin and geranium tho).

Reminds me of expensive, fresh-smelling (e.g. recently washed) bedsheets. Don't really know why, but it does.

I blindbought this bottle, and had a few experiments with it, and I thought I like it. Maybe I did, but something happened, and now it is just a "meh". Who knows...

Performance: sometimes it lasts, sometimes it does not. Sillage is not really good.

Longevity: 7/10 - 6-8 hours if I am lucky, I often apply it to my clothes and/or hair in order to improve longevity.

Projection: 6/10 - between moderate and soft. Nearly a skin scent. I don't really get noticed with this.

Versatility: 10/10, close to be an all-season, all-occasion scent. Really. Can be a signature scent.

Scent, Smell, Other: 8/10 - the bottle is gorgeous, very unique. Compliment factor is average imho. I understand people saying "this is sex in a bottle", because it can be great if worn well by the correct person. Popularity: low to mid.

Maybe I bought a fake/reformulated version, or my juice went wrong.

Overall rating: 8/10 (could be 7/10 but I am generous).

burgundyaltima

i HATE the opening but love the dry down... so glad i didnt buy a big bottle of this stuff.. i DREAD wearing this..the opening smells sooooo bad..i'll rub the fragrance to kill the top notes

devilluvzme
devilluvzme

tried very hard to like this perfume
waited for the drydown and all
but somehow i find it too harsh
just not suited for me
stuck with a bottle which is of no use to me now

samatl74
samatl74

People who complain about the smell of this frag obviously don't know how to wear it. This is a frag that you let sit on your skin for at least an hour before it can be enjoyed. It has a rough top but good things come to those who wait. Unfortunately I understand that Versace has discontinued this because too many idiots didn't like the opening nor how to wear it..If thats you, go play with your cool water and aqua di geo and brute. You judge what you don't understand or have the maturity and class to appreciate class.

dani_i89
dani_i89

If you can stand the opening, this is very nice and romantic once it settles

SkullPutraLand

Endymion , how long The Dreamer lasts on your skin ?

Endymion
Endymion

I got to tell you that The Dreamer has been reformulated :(
I recently bought a new bottle of Dreamer and even that my sense of smell is not that professional as many of the Fragrantica members, the change of this smell is very obvious even to my nose.
The reformulation made not better to the scent. The original is a white bright shining monster, like a diamond spike, but the new scent smells initially like a citrus floral.
Very surprising!!! :S

Smyle12

A very good fragrance. The top is extremely harsh and smells much like a big whiff of cracked white and black peppercorns. It's all about the dry-down here though. Give it 20 minutes and soon the scent becomes light, airy, dry, floral, and semi-sweet due to the tonka bean. It has a pleasant "clean-linen" aroma that is oft talked about and not entirely unlike Le Male, just a bit sharper, dryer, and much less sweet. Whereas Le Male relies upon vanilla and cinnamon in it's dry-down, here tobacco and tonka bean are the key elements. The notes listed above are mostly incorrect. The main players here are tobacco (correct), white lily (unlisted), tonka bean, and tarragon (unlisted). One or two of the others may also be correct, (sage and lavender perhaps). The ones listed on basenotes would seem to be much more accurate. A unique, scent. Definitely collection worthy.

Overall: 7/10

FreshToDeath247
FreshToDeath247

Still in my eyes one of the most unique fragrances I have ever smelled. Ladies at the office cant get enough. I like it for warm weather daytime mostly. Nice bottle and spray.

grimson
grimson

This stuff smells like dollar store perfume that spilled into an ashtray that fell in a broken toilet. Sickening.

SkullPutraLand

my uncle gave me this fragrance as a gift ! and it is the new dreamer not the vintage old one ! but it is absolutely incredible , i loved this scent even its harsh opening ! so imagine how i loved the drydown ! my mom and my sister were amazed by this one!
Longevity : 8+ hours ( and thats what i need in my fragrances ) .
Projection / sillage: 3 hours with great project and sillage then it sticks to the skin but with average scent cloud .
Fragrance : just complex , amazing ! i love its development..
i give it a 9/10
note: this is the first time i sprayed the dreamer on my hand and even i washed my hands it didnt fade and got these results and i am on summer with a very hot weather and a lot of people saying it is better in cool. so i may get more pleasing results next time i wear it.

rafi160
rafi160

2 sprays does well, 4 max or more you'll be killing the girl next to you although frag smelled good... lesson learned... Dreamer became a old forgotten favorite sitting alone on a shelf... may have to revisit the buddy

Devin dream
Devin dream

Just incredible! I’ve used Dreamer for 5 years and still each time I use it, I’m in for a slightly different olfactory adventure. Creates an ambiance of mysterious sophistication which often has a rather paralyzing effect on members of the opposite sex. It is not for the faint of hearth though, mind you I have worn it to the office quite often.

juancar_66

Pues para Addict911 te diria que si podrias clalificarla de excepcional, porque si lo merece, yo la conoci en una cata perfumistica casi al tiempo que salio al mercado (era la epoca de Chrome Azzaro Tambien) y se puede decir que es maravillosa, porque es una fragancia que no tiene parecido con otra, tiene suficiente fuerza pero al mismo tiempo es suave, se puede usar en el Verano de hecho, sus acentos herbales que tambien son algo acuaticos a base de bayas pueden dar sensación de bosque, sus notas mediterraneas tambien son perceptibles y tiene otras que son algo más orientales, su rosa es del tallo y no del petalo, y tiene buena sensación floral, con lo cual la sensación de jardin tambien la tiene, la salida y notas medias son nerviosas pero su desarrollo en ellas es bastante bueno con unos cambios de pelicula y en el fondo si es muy suave pero no cesa en percepción agradable algo relajante tambien, se le asocia más con el dia y el sol pero esto quizas sea más en el otoño e invierno, porque en primavera y verano la veo más de tarde y de noche donde aun tiene un muy buen desplante. A nivel romantico funciona si no se sobreaplica dosis. Porque atrae a la curiosidad, es una fragancia que tiende (salvo sorpresas) a desaperecer del mercado y creo que es un trabajo de buen gusto y creativo, de manera que no tienes una mala fragancia. Saludos....

addict911
addict911

increíblemente diferente, e recibido cumplidos y quejas por igual. hasta el momento no he olido algo que se le aparente aun. una entrada completamente atabacada y herbal con un final muy floral que la hace sentir hasta sensual. sin duda masculina. aaunque ami en lo personal me gusta, la opinión popular me hace dudar si clasificarla como fantástica o un mala.

fijador---- 2/5

percepcion----3/5

aroma-----5/5( en mi opinion)

juancar_66

This fragance it´s a few mediterranean and a few oriental, it´s so sweet and not heavy, good in summer evening-nights and morning winters, it has flowers and tobbaco and seems like a garden in ocasions. I think it was be reformulated and so the first productions has most natural notes. It´s good and interesting parfum and discountinued in Spain in the next time.

Perhaps there was a vintage version that was great, but what I've tried over the years was not good, at least not relative to similar ones. One reviewer said that something smelled like plastic flowers and I can't disagree with this idea, in general terms. Something does not smell natural, and moreover it's at least a bit irritating. I can smell the tobacco, which is what I'm seeking in this kind of fragrance, but that makes things worse because then I start to think that I should have worn Black Walnut or Michael for Men (Kors) instead. This is one to sample first!

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

The opening is loud and controversial and most won't like it. However, an hour later it settles into a beautiful magical trance-like fragrance that has no peer. And as hours pass, it only gets better.

Not for the timid. Those who have the patience to step out of their comfort zone will be in for a real reward.

Baga01
Baga01

Smells like really potent urinal cakes and does not get any better. I bought this blind and it was a waste of money. The Dreamer? More like the unconscious.

ninive
ninive

I've used it even if I'm a girl, someone gave it to my father years ago (around the year it came out, so maybe it's an original) but he doesn't use perfume so everyday I was seeing this cute bottle sitting unused in the bathroom. One day when I was like 15 I decided I wanted a mature perfume and tried it. It opens very strong then fades to a light almost minty floral, very fresh, I loved to wear it but eventually realized I like sweet scents more.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

i bought this blind, many good reviews. But i don't like it very much. Romance on the graveyard is a better title. longevity is good, projection good, smell horrible

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

A great subtle tobacco fragrance. I bought a half-used bottle off of ebay, and the cap/sprayer leaks a bit when I use it so that sucks, but I saw a 3.4 oz bottle of it a TJ maxx for 29.99, so thats sweet for when my broken one runs out. As soon as it is applied, I get a laundry/creamyness to it that some people apparently dont like. I do like it and as for the drydown, nothing much changes except the tobacco sets in very nicely and the entire cologne settles down to a skin scent. Its one of those things to wear when you are sweating, like in a club or crowded area or on a summer night, because it doesn't project very much, which is the point I think they were trying to make when creating it. A spray on the back of the neck, behind each ear, on each wrist and on the front of your shirt, and you will be noticed without offending. It smells really good.
longevity - 8/10
projection - 6.5/10
scent - 8.5/10

nd575
nd575

The first spray was an atrocious blast of synthetic mess that knocked me out. Wait 30 to 60 minutes and it becomes pretty pleasant. Reminds me of cigarettes sitting on fresh, clean linen. Sweet, smoky floral.

Definitely a nighttime fragrance. Can be quite a romantic scent under the right circumstances. Spray it 30 minutes before you head out the door. Please do not over apply, unless you want to annoy people.

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

I and my girl adore this scent. I read alot 'bout the difference b'tween tester and the original. It's theoretically the same juice. But my tester is last only about 4 hours. And the projection disappear after 3 hours.
I read a review said that he is in my situation. And he bought the original one, it smell different and got better longevity.
I'm confusing now..

ericrico
ericrico

An absolutely gorgeous composition! Versace The Dreamer, in its Original form, is magnificent. Reformulation has happened, years ago, to virtually the entire line of Versace fragrances. This is one that, unfortunately, became a shadow of its former true self...which was brilliant!

I was lucky to get a precious bottle of Original Vintage and it holds very true to the scent pyramid and many reviews here. Most of them...older. How much of the rare original remains?

The scent is a wonderful blend - totally harmonious, comprised of warm tonka bean infused with fragrant tobacco leaf (and flower), rose and other florals and a squeeze of mandarin on the top. This uses top notes of lavender and sage very nicely, but immediately the deep and warm base comes through the entire pyramid, turning it up loud for the opening. The rose, geranium and carnation are all in the heart - an elegant bouquet that blends and makes the entrance of the tobacco very fragrant.

I like the use of fir here...not too much, but a light note that offers a freshness to the mix and helps transcend the heart to the base, where tonka bean has been soothing and warming your skin from the initial blast - calming down and intermingling everything. The fir is also a great segue to the deeper base note of cedar, which carries on in this composition. The vetiver is clean and offers a bit more of a woodiness and helps articulate the notes in the base...otherwise, the tonka bean could be cloying, which in the Original formulation, it is not.

I rarely compare scents, but find it to be more than a mere coincidence that in 1994 another lively fresh, crisp, lavender, tobacco and very Italian fragrance called Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme was released to the world in its velvet box. It was a tremendous hit. This came out just two years later in 1996 by the Versace house. It has done well and continued to sell (and be reformulated).

My final score for Original formulation vintage Dreamer is, 9/10. It has fantastic ingredients, note integration and a smoothness that carries you off to the stars on a romantic evening. This is definitely a scent for intimacy...enjoy with someone over a candlelit dinner that you dream about now and want to fall asleep together with later. Stunning.

Lushylori
Lushylori

Once you get past the first spray of Dreamer it is like a dream past that point.
Very Nice!! I like it :)
The first spray however smelled like Brut for men and I almost walked away from this scent without buying it but I'm glad I stuck around long enough to smell the goodness that this one offers :)

Odiee99
Odiee99

I read all of the raving reviews about this being such a good scent so I ordered a spray sample. When I sprayed this all I could smell was heavy pipe tobacco and mint. This must be a bad dream. The mint(fir) seemed to amplify the strong tobacco. Within ten minutes I had to scrub this off. I Know I Know the dry down is the best part everyone says, but I just couldn't bear it.

So two weeks later I decide to give it another try. I spray this on but I don't bother to smell it. I figure I'll wait around 40 minutes. Man was I blown away!! The dry down is very good. I definitely see how so many people like this based solely on the dry down. It's just getting past the horrifying opening that's the problem.

I want to purchase this just for the dry down but I don't know.

docmukali
docmukali

have ordered one, waiting desperately. hope to get an original bottle. :)

Padhee83
Padhee83

This scent is so sexy.People praising about its gorgeous dry down are absolutely correct.It starts with a lot of synthetic flowers and tobacco which is loud but never ugly as many people have commented about it.After 1 hour the base notes come into picture.Base notes are powdery,flowery with a hint of tobacco.Many have commented how the tobacco notes are prominent in this one but I disagree.It is there but it lingers in the background.It is a very powdery scent which may be feminine but the tobacco note saves the day.There is a close resemblance to JPG Le Male but it is literally close if you smell it closely.You get the powdery vanilla smell of Le Male but that is in the middle notes.Base of The Dreamer is way better and it has tobacco.
Projection is really top notch for 5-6 hours where people notice you.Longevity is 8+ hours which is a credit to the perfumer.This is a cold weather scent which is best suited for nights because you get that vibe with it.

Bottom Line-Great fragrance at a great price.Sophisticated and charming with a gorgeous dry down and fantastic sillage with longevity.Perfect.

SypherSniper
SypherSniper

Versace only sells "the dreamer" through certain vendors, if your buying it online for $30 as I have, be very careful!! The one I bought online looks flawless, it may even be old stock but it does not smell as good!! I called versace and found a confirmed vendor, and bought it for $70 and it smells different and much better. This is one of my favorites so I had to have the real thing. I will never buy online again

yella_light
yella_light

Good fragrance and unique. I haven't smelled anything like it.
I didn't like the opening, because of the alcohol. After a few minutes, the notes start to kick in.
Not a fragrance that could be worn by many. It is nice and pleasant, but only to be worn during special occasions, or a night out.
I wouldn't recommend it during the summer.
It might not be for everyone though.
(2-3 sprays max)

Age group: 21+
Projection: 5 stars
Longevity: 4 stars
Versatility: 2 stars
Smell: 3.75 stars
Overall: 3.75 stars

smellerik
smellerik

Dreamer is definatlty a base scent it seems to get better as it fades.It has a presense..This is the is what you want your jacket to smell like, that one you left at your lovers, even better on sheets. I have heard its been dicontinued in canada?? cause I can't find it

eldotjay123
eldotjay123

In terms of longevity/projection/sillage this stuff is off the charts. You can literally smell it a good distance away.

However you have to like the smell, and my nose just cant handle the bitter tobacco accord in the beginning. And because of the strength of this frag I'm literally dying over here and that was just one spray on my wrist.

Not my kinda smell but performs incredibly well.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Ferre for Men is similar to this fragrance but so much more sophisticated.

Avecesar
Avecesar

Almost everything has been said about The Dreamer... I am not a big fan of its opening but I love the tobacco note which develops during the drydown; it's absolutely wonderful.The longevity is outstanding. The dreamer is a unique fragrance that I will always keep in my collection.

akarmi
akarmi

This has a beautiful name and bottle. Based on this factors I almost bought it as present for my younger brother (he is Pisces and I thought that this is a water-element type fragrance). But when I tried it in a shop, I felt tobacco, tobacco and more tobacco. Maybe the drydown is better, I don't know. But the name is (I think) misleading.

stanky
stanky

To be really honest, this has a pungent smell I hate very much. Eeeeww!! It puts me off big time. I could not stand it the first time I tried it on my skin. It's very strong for such an unpleasant scent and by that I'm referring to the dry down. Sorry but this is DEFINITELY not for me. I dislike this scent from Versace! I had to spray Versace Blue Jeans to get this scent off of me.

Fernandocanhin
Fernandocanhin

Dreamer is a beautiful scent! reflects the italian spirit, when I smell this I think immediately in Sicily! hehehe, some people consider it to be an unissex frag and I agree with them but the beauty of this stuff worths your money and your attention! Perfect signature scent for 25 and up men, office, dates, dinners, not so good for the parties but nevertheless you can rock with it if you like! One of my favorite signature scents of all time!
Thumbs Up for this one, very intrigant: 8.0/10

caliking
caliking

The first spritz is all Pepper & Lavendar then lemon quickly sneeks in, but then quickly disappears, the dry down is kinda like a spiced herbal tea or some kinda sweet leather, like an expensive leather coat

this is the fraternal twin brother to "D&G Dolce & Gabbana for Men"

Zenith
Zenith

One of the first scents I could not stop smelling myself while wearing. I love this. Strong tobacco scent with floral notes. Very dark and unique, although avoid wearing it on hot days, it can get a little stifling

DaZeD

I loved Tenderhearted's poem, this perfume really deserves to be honoured like that!

I will always re-buy it and i just hope they'll never change the formula or stop producing it, i love this scent so much, it's so unique and always gives me this powerful purple blast of emotions and keeps me in that rush untill it wears off.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have an animal friendly imitation or "dupe" of this perfume and I love it so much! I have sensed this scent of Dreamer before, somehow. And I know it, but I am not sure how. It is just a feeling. But I have never even seen a bottle of the orginal Dreamer in my life (only photos online). Dreamer is my scent soulmate.

My poem for Dreamer:

Dreamer,eyes close and deep inhale
tonka resin dreams and purple lavender trail
Cool green fir trees to hug
and beneath my feet,a vetiver rug

Sage grows in the pocket of my coat
and cedar branches,through the air they float

Float further through the forest
To feel the scent
My dreams will not be broken or bent
On rose petal wings I take flight soon
And I watch with you, while the sun becomes the moon
Carnation petals rain from the skies
And a sweet smoky note brings tears to my eyes

I feel the love of the greenest green,
and of the smoothest smokes
Hot and Cool all at once spoke
Herbal and sweet swirl as they meet

I wear and I am Dreamer,regardless of my gender
My nose knows what makes my heart surrender
This sweet smoky love might just be the one
I wear all night till the moon becomes the sun

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Has risen to cult status among the Youtube reviewer community, for some justified reasons but may be a bit overrated when compared to its influences. Taken in its context; Versace Dreamer is a decent but certainly not original scent that is very similar to Le Male, with less projection, less mint, less cinnamon and a heavy dose of tonka bean instead of vanilla but with a more organic chemistry makeup. Funny enough, I don't get any tobacco at all in the latest blend.
This seems a decent compromise between those who find Le Male too synthetic and overbearing and fans of Armani Code looking for a little more in the category of floral embellishment and evolution. Versace Dreamer does offer that, evolving into a beautiful mix of classic vetiver with woods and tonka.
All in all, this is pretty good stuff all things considered. The opening is far too familiar and certainly lacks in daring or originality, but Versace Dreamer makes up for it with its nice blending of floral middles. Rose and carnations are generally what most wearers will notice, as the geranium really struggles to overcome the lavender and by the time the tonka bean asserts itself and becomes the major presence from the ten minute mark onwards, it is simply a matter of professional and competent layering that makes Dreamer very serviceable.
The balsam fir, vetiver and cedar in combination with the tonka and remnants of the floral and lavender create a very enjoyable and soothing dry down that does imply a bit more sophistication than Le Male or Armani Code. The Dreamer does tend towards the lighter side and by the four hour mark recedes into a skin scent before its disappearance around the five to six hour mark. Longevity is not exceptional for a fragrance of its type, but it is better than Armani Code’s standard four hours. It can be found at fairly affordable prices as well and for that reason despite longevity and spotty projection issues, this one is a solid addition to the wardrobe of anyone who enjoys Le Male or Armani Code. Its professionally blended, well packaged and deserving of its designer status. Still, Dreamer isn’t worthy of the excessive praise it has received from many of its most boisterous supporters. It’s completely unoriginal and unnecessary when placed in its historical time and place, but enjoyable never the less and given that it can be found in many discount department stores, well worth the investment regardless of its limitations.

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

Romance at its best
This is a very romantic fragrance.

First off...the notes...I completely disagree with the notes listed up top because...elsewhere I read that there is Juniper in this fragrance...I love the use of juniper in fragrances and Dreamer certainly uses it very well...especially in the dry down.

This fragrance is initially a hit or miss...because the opening will be a turn off for MANY. It's equivalent to Musc Ravageur in that, the fragrance is all about patience and getting passed the initial hump of an opening (for many...I personally love the opening of both fragrances)

The star here is the drydown.
The name of this scent was named for the drydown.

Like any beautiful, memorable, dream..it starts with darkness...we close our eyes and see darkness..in this case, lets call that the opening because it is a sort of harsh, soapy, tobacco. It can be off putting.

But once the darkness clears and we slip into our minds' fantasies, our senses are heightened..and that is what the drydown is in Dreamer..a heavenly potion where the tobacco has mellowed out, but still present, but airy and sweetened by the juniper. A gorgeous, gorgeous, drydown that projects extremely well throughout the 10+ hour longevity.

Worth it just for the drydown...because not only is it romantic, sexy, and pleasing...but again, it projects, in my opinion, even stronger in the final stages than it does in the beginning!

7.5/10

rienzope
rienzope

An excellent fresh, light fragrance that lasts. Clean and inviting. I applied at 6 am and it was still going strong at 9pm after a day walking an exposition floor.

oxm
oxm

Dreamer by Versace is one of those fragrances that could (in my humble opinion) become the subject of study, it is one of those scents that if only he can see beyond the color liquid themselves as changeable.
Austere and grassy opening, something similar to scratching the bark of a tropical plant and gently bitter smoke in quantity, but caressing as that typical Dutch tobacco is often appreciated by the layman; Dreamer smoke of camp and wilderness areas beautiful, is a land that appears suddenly from the mast of a ship, the back of my hand I constantly by this sweet tobacco with a vague reminder of bitter almond, very persistent, and magnificent aura from comet trail.
To be worn without fear, who would be ashamed to have among their paintings the Mona Lisa?
fantastic

DIARKQIKU
DIARKQIKU

Unique, strange, charming. It smells something like old clothes of a witch or wizard. A smell of a mad old scientist mixing chemicals and evil laughing. In fact its not good smelling, but its uniquenes makes it intriguing and charismatic. It is for the persons who are with imagination and want to be mysterious and confident! It is good for a rainy day with gray clouds on the fall. You have to combine it with proper clothes like an old jumper :) or something.

9/10 fragrance, not for everyone's taste!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Ahhh Dreamer an old classic 16 years && still going strong.

I'll have to admit when I 1st smelled it I didn't totally love it at first. I detected a familiar smell which to me was strange it didn't bother me so much but at the same time it made me say ew!...then it hit me I said omg! it smells a lil' like paint thinner...Now don't be scared I think only b/c upon first spray this stuff is strong && you deff. have to let this one dry down a bit. I'll ensure that smell made me hesitant a bit to buy it but the more I tried it out the more it grew on me && that paint thinner smell just completely disappeared. Now its one of my favs. Simply b/c there's nothing like it! && talk about longevity && projection it goes for hours && you will most surely receive compliments.

This scent can be a little stand offish at first but once you get past its power you'll discover how beautiful of a scent && that it's really a big ol' softy && ever so dreamy...guess it owns up to its name. If interested deff. try it out first its not for everyone those who can tolerate it's difference is a sheer masterpiece! :)

Scentrist
Scentrist

I purchased this as a pure blind-buy based on the positive reviews of others on this fragrance. I wanted to understand the hype behind this. I've had the weekend to wear and experience Versace Dreamer.

First, it was a brilliant blind-buy. The positive reviews are very well-placed. It's an excellent fragrance that's worth the small investment -- I'd say it was a good investment of the $40 I paid including shipping. It's very soft, clean, almost a scent of fresh linen about it. I can definitely get the dry-down of powdery elements of rose and tobacco after an opening of soft clary sage, lavender and mandarin. The tonka and vetiver at the end are a refreshing change from a common vanillin dry-down as the tonka is much creamer. It was impressive, soft, yet masculine.

I would most certainly recommend it as a blind-buy as a nice, inoffensive fragrance that manages to be very pleasing if somewhat innocuous. It's a great daily-wear and utility scent that has enough versatility to be both casual and decent for more formal use.

aries70
aries70

I love it,I get a clean soapy vibe from this from start to finish,a linear,low sillage and long lasting scent.I get just showered clean smell,natural and old fashioned in a classic sense,I get no tobaco at all.Dry down reminds me so much of Penhaligons Castille,one of my summer favorites;may be the rose.A must try for the clean and soapy crowd.

williamvargas
williamvargas

i can smell why people like this one so much, starts off so soft and pleasing but it just keeps getting better to my nose, really enjoy the aura of this fragrance..like it . trying to decide if i love it.
thumbs up from me , a very sensual man smell.
I kind think of along the lines of le male or maybe even body kouros in the way the scent tends to go,.. a softer but yet to my nose manly in its way maybe a more of a seductive type of scent that just sort of grows on you the longer you wear it, I would rather wear this one myself. I have gotten some nice compliments with this as well.. I would own this..

kellz1843

It has been about three months since I bought this. I must admit, I was disappointed a little. I liked it, but it was so different from my normal likes or loves. I finally got it! Some time ago I was hooked on Egyptian Cotton body cream. The scent was so clean, light and refreshing. Now I understand the "clean linen" reference used for this fragrance. Yes, like dmoman stated, it takes some time to get used to this fragrance for some. When you get it you will probably enjoy it. I may increase my usage of this in the near future, especially if I get my hands on some of that body cream and layer a little.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Quikksilver8: I definitely get a chamomille note, mixed with tobacco flower. These are the two main notes for me, then come a bit of cedar and pine.

quikksilver8
quikksilver8

Does anyone else get a strong chamomile note out of this fragrance?

dmoman
dmoman

This fragrance is...different. I like the idea of it but it's maybe a little too different. I tried this on and it definatly had a sweet tobacco with some floral notes in it. A woman could probably wear this. I like it but I don't think I would be getting very many complaments from this cologne. If I have to use this more to love it, I'm not too sure ppl that smell this will like it unless they was around me more. Not recommended for a date or go out clubbing, maybe for something like hanging out with your friends because they would get use to it. 7 out of 10 just because you have to keep using it to like it.

misterjohn

Updating my earlier review: I ran a poll to determine the best value in men's fragrances. The Dreamer won by a large margin. The more I use the Dreamer, the more I fall in love with it. It is the rare fragrance that is beautiful and interesting in all of its phases (although I like the drydown the best). It is unusual, ever-changing and mysterious. I find myself smelling my writsts very often when I'm wearing this. I do this, not just to see what new things are going on--tobacco, incense, vanilla, etc--but also because it offers a moment of serenity, of inner peace, that takes me away from the bustle and stress of every day life. The only other scents that come close to this sort of magic are Gucci Pour Homme and Terre d'Hermes.

Truly an amazing fragrance and a definite love. Rating: 10/10.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

After all the positive reviews I went to a perfume counter and gave this a try. Wish I hadn't. This is the stuff Satan uses to disinfect his kitchen top after cooking human flesh for hours. I get a dizzying amount of chlorine that doesn't allow me to detect anything else. Could it be that there was something wrong with the tester? I assure you I have a perfect sense of smell and I am more or less mentally stable.
After that traumatizing experience I left the shop but first sprayed some on a paper strip to smell later just in case I was hallucinating.
Of course I scrubed my hand in the shower as soon as I got home. I watched some TV and then late at night I went to bed only to discover that my bedroom reeked of chlorine from the tester I had left in my pocket. Good thing is that now I know I'm not crazy.

If you are a drug trafficer then concider this fragrance a steal as you can easily cover the smell of two kilos of hash or 50 kilos of cocaine with just one spray. It would knock those trained dogs senseless.
Also good for lazy cleaning ladies that want to fool their bitchy employer. One spritz in the living room and she would think you spent hours cleaning, even when she happens to find an inch thick layer of dust under the sofa.

If you are not a drug trafficer or cleaning lady and don't see the benefit of being taken as such then avoid this at all costs.

PS: I will seek and test another specimen as I cannot accept that such a horrid smell was released for comercial purposes outside the premises of a pranks shop.

PS2: I think I have given this too many chances. After testing this repetitively in several different stores I have learned two things: a) I can now detect some of Satan's nail polish in the opening of this nightmare (could be caraway) and b) I am an olfactory masochist because there is no other possible explanation in my persistence.

VALUE

We rarely talk about value on this site and for good reason. More often than not, saving a few bucks is not worth it in the grand scheme of things. If 10, 20, or even 50 dollars is the difference between an ordinary fragrance and a sublime fragrance to be enjoyed for years to come, it's obvious over the long run that spending the 50 bucks is worth it. But every once in awhile you come across a fragrance that is so good, and so economically priced, that you stand up and take notice.

The Dreamer is one of these rare fragrances. It delivers a wonderfully subtle and complex range of accords. It smells of high quality ingredients--nary a synthetic or cheap note in the mix. I'll leave it to others (and my earlier review) to describe the exact scent notes and their evolution. The important thing is that the Dreamer delivers this quality for less than 40 bucks. Simply put, it's an amazing value.

There are a zillion fragrances at this price point and most of them are not worth mentioning. There are many more at 2 and 3 times the price that are nowhere close to the sublime qualities of this fragrance. When you pay more you expect to get more and vice-versa. But not in this case. The Dreamer is the rare fragrance where you pay LESS and you get more. Who doesn't want that?

Bottom line: In terms of value for money, the Dreamer is the clear winner. Well worth a blind buy.

ismellgood

this and terre d'HERMES are absolute kings. dreamer- look no further. nothing like this. trust me, u can blind buy this. cheers

kellz1843

Honestly, I am undecided on this one. I do like it, but don't feel I love it. This scent is sharp initially and then settles down nicely. This is probably the edgiest scent I own. Most of my collection is probably pretty safe. I am proud to own it. It has an old school feel to it like Pour Monsieur Concentree, but I like the Chanel better for some reason. Maybe because the vanilla drydown is slightly more pleasant to my nose than the tobacco.

misterjohn

This lovely scent arrived today from Amazon. Blind buy after reading all the reviews. Having mostly stuck to aquatics, this scent is a revelation. It's so smoky and rich and wonderful. Have not given it a proper run through the day, so I cannot speak to sillage or longevity, but the test spray on my wrist is so inviting. I find myself sniffing throughout the evening as the fragrance evolves. While the scent is big and powerful when first applied, it matures into a dark luscious mixture of sweetness and smoke. I love the combination.

instantjim
instantjim

I find that Dreamer has a rather confusing start. What is it exactly I am smelling? it is sweet, leafy and synthetic. I had a similar experience with Bogart homme and think it has something to do with the combination of sweet notes and tobacco. Not that the two fragrances are particularly similar, but the notes in both seem to jostle a bit for prominence at the start. After ten minutes or so, this fragrance is at its best . It is a deceptive fragrance, when it first goes on you think it is going to be a subdued scent. Wrong! it is quite strong and lasts well. I put some on the back of my hand nearly 5 hours ago and it is still strong, despite it being very hot and sweaty where I am. It is a scent well worth owning.

andy
andy

absolutely a knock out this is a total masterpiece and the few notes it has are perfectly blended to create the perfect man scent.......WAY better than aqua di gio, D&G light blue, issey miyake, le male and many other scents

VERy highly reccomended I just ordered it blind and got it today and smelled it and its amazing

dad hash

Big confusion, this is my second buy of dreamer, the previous one i bought about 5b years back and as i remember its Lasting power was monster but UNFORTUNATELY THIS ONE I BOUGHT TODAY dosent last even 2 hours and with in first 15 mins off applying is sticks to my skin, i donot know if this perfume is expired or what cus every thing is perfect like code and all and i bought it from Douglas fr about 48 euros 100ml....I am really puzzled ....?/

dad hash

Final purchase for the winters complete today with this one and Joop Homme! i do not know but why i only feel like green tea in it!

danielmventer
danielmventer

Yes, `maricmanu`...spot on review ,and this is what I will wear on this surprisingly mild Xmas day here in the UK. No snow! But what a lovely dreamy fragrance this is. I love the fact that the `opening notes` are so different from the `after dry down` notes. TOP of my list! x Marcel

harikrishnan.vazhayil
harikrishnan.vazhayil

this is an insane fragrance to say the least..I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists once i put it on..i love this stuff..this is cheap but top notch in quality..If you want to blind buy, I would definitely suggest this one.. 10/10

yilmazg
yilmazg

Versace dreamer is a legend. This is a great floral with lots of tobacco in it. Opening is harsh but settles down to a comforting and warm male floral. The old formulation was quite powdery. The new one is less powdery and more floral. I like the newer one better. Amazing. Excellent sillage and longevity. Versace's best for men and one of the best for men.

maricmanu
maricmanu

Quite surprising. Smells like camomile tea in the begining, with a touch of rose, herbal. Verry pleasant in the end.

ddrulez
ddrulez

I am in awe of Dreamer...

Like Jessens mentioned below, I found this to have a fantastic transition..

I tried this a couple of times before finally buying it. And now its one of my favs.

The begining didn't seem appealing at all. This is one perfume that suprised me with the overall change in fragrance / smell until the finaly dry down..
Now I simply love this fragrance.

I think I read somewhere from people talking about reformulation and now I have started doubting the same..

Reason: From the testers tried (at various stores), there is actually a lot of change in smell from begining until next 45 minutes (without exaggeration. Well at least for me).
However, the one I own smells almost from where the tester's ended. And does not change much.

Nevertheless this fragrace rocks!

jessens
jessens

Like an ever changing dream, this cologne transitions to different scents effortlessly. Hint of tobacco and weak floral smells is what appears on the first whiff but it wears off into into a clean, warm, comforting fragrance that kind of makes you feel good. I don't think you could ever get bored with it.

Hillary Wulan
Hillary Wulan

My "must have" parfum. My husband and I love it so much. Combination between sexy, freshy, and really make you dream of something beautiful. Lovely

Hollowtip2011
Hollowtip2011

best cologne of all time, point blank PERIOD!

i've been captivated with the box since they first released it, when i was finally old enough to buy it, i took it out the box sprayed it and was blown away, one of the most unique scents ever, this one is stuck with me for life, i have not come across any other cologne with this type of depth, takes you outter space into a whole different world, truely lives up to its name as The Dreamer

canuck21
canuck21

Unreal cologne. This is by far the best Versace cologne and is my signature scent for a reason. The tobacco with flower makes this feel like you are upper class and is a real mens cologne. The longevity and projection last at least 9 hours on me and is one if not the best cologne ive ever smelt. Its extremely verastile as it can be worn all seasons and can be worn for casual use or for a upper class event like a nice dinner or at a wedding. Opening is not for everyone but give it a few minutes and that will change our opinion on this. I get tons of compliments with his all the time. Rumours have this being discontinued so it looks like im gonna need to buy a couple backup bottles.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

The Dreamer is an excellent fragrance to me. Yeah its definitely masculine, sweet and warm fragrance, very comforting and delightful with mature feel to it. Apart from my personal preference it seems to me a cross between Le Male and John Varvatos for men. JV is more mature and crude with more vibrancy, while Le Male is more sweet and less complex. Other similar fragrances can be Joop Homme, 212 sexy men by CH.
Dreamer starts with strong soapy accords of Leather, lavender and soft tobacco, and tends to stay linear through out its course. It is perfectly categorized as oriental/fougere to me. It has kind of sweet/aromatic touch as well.
Bottle and packaging is rather simple.
Longevity is good but projection is GOOD.
I give it 8 out of 10.

cbehr64
cbehr64

I love the smell of this cologne. It really is dreamy... it cant help but sniff my wrist after the spray this stuff on. I have never smelled anything quite like this it really does take my brain to the clouds lol. Trying to figure out what it smells like the first few times was hard, it wasn't til i got used to it that i could pick out key scents. Sweet tobacco and pleasant spring florals is what i picked up most and this certain x factor... an almost sparkly dreamy type note that you cant put your finger on. This isnt a very masculine smell... in fact my girlfriend hated it, funny enough all my guy friends were like dude you smell heavenly lol. I guess thats why its considered a unisex fragrance. I liked it a lot it might not be a masculine smell but i cant help but enjoy the way i smell when I'm wearing it. If your looking for something dreamy and definitely different then this is it!

tuky
tuky

I really don't know from where it comes...
top - sweet and Toxic (my sister said me to stay AWAY from her or she will shoot me)
mid & base - very pleasant (my sister said me "I wish you wouldn't be my bro").
For girls, the base notes are very inviting and sexy.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Was soo happy to find it today at a big BOOTS branch on Oxford Street only to find out they only had the tester and it mysteriously found its way there!?!
I sampled it and found the beginning opening notes very sharp and full of stingy pines and lanvender.
The dry-down reminds me almost entirely of JOOP! pour homme.
JOOP! is my signature scent and I only wear it at night.

BAGreat
BAGreat

A word of advice to anyone who doesn't get tobbaco in the drydown. Get a small mini bottle with the old box design. Then review this scent. It used to be amazing before it was reformulated. I haven't tried the reformulated version to comment on it but I doubt its as good as the vintage.

illwit
illwit

I finished the bottle and this is my opinion :

Very sweet, you feel a lot of sugar in your nose, but it is very unique smell at the same.

The bottle design is nice but the spray mechanism is unique and doesn't always work perfectly when pressing down.

The smell and note developments are vey slow. The top note remains for longer time, which can be a mood killer.

Overall performance 3/5

BIG
BIG

All i get in the drydown is a green rooty smelling vetiver. Where's the tobacco???

MrWarEagle93
MrWarEagle93

I like it, but it reminds me of soda that has gone flat.

ninka15
ninka15

It's very nice and sexy smell

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

Over ten years ago, I knew a man who wore this. He had a voice like butter, and spaghetti looked nervous compared to him. I tried to find the scent on my own (and never would have succeeded) until I just decided to ask him what it was. This was the most expensive perfume I had ever purchased at that point in my life, but was worth it. I rarely wear it lately since expanding my collection, but I'm on my second bottle. This is a great scent to wear when you need confidence. It's for a man, but to me it's unisex. This is sexiness regardless of gender.

taboo2287
taboo2287

a beautiful scent for those who dream and make others dream when they sniff them 10/10

happychub
happychub

when i wear this,people keep asking me what am i wearing, i love the lavender n tobacco notes developed very well with my body chemistry. overall 8/10

darknessiseek
darknessiseek

I had been given this to try, it was very bad I disliked the smell, it smells like stale perfume in a bar... sorry but true, dont waste your money on this unless you want to smell like a bar whore...

highdef
highdef

fantastic smell full stop.

projection 10
longevity 10
scent 10
purpose 6.5 for special occasions, night time,
romantic formal
not business formal

The transition from the opening to the dry down is really dreamy, it really is.

very romantic.

Lauritta
Lauritta

Picollo30, my thoughts exactly! This one used to turn me on! It was misterious and inviting, soft, deep...Long ago my boss was wearing Dreamer, but I was too shy to ask him for the name of the perfume, so I went to store every day for 2 weeks until I found it. Something happened to this perfume 2 or 3 years ago - it really changed. As though smeel is the same,depth is gone and it feels flat. I was very disappointed.

Picollo30
Picollo30

i think versace's dreamer has been reformulated or i bought a fake or stale bottle. all seems legit but the juice is way different than before. i dont get the harsh opening not the beautiful drydown anymore. longevity and projection issues with this one. it stays on my skin 30 minutes, 1 hour max if im lucky. not the head turner that everyone talks about.tobacco? where? i can only smell a shy Le Male nothing more.

ismellgood

@vladiopa, @renperd, r u kidding me. this is a masterpiece. maybe you go for safe bets like the awful 212,coolwater, aqua di gio,xs,kouros etc etc. boring boring boring. buddy dreamer is heavenly,divine and head turner. i think u guys should stick to axe deos.
cheers

vladiopa
vladiopa

Tobacco ? Yes but only for a few minutes. Longevity ? Poor (at least on my skin). I am somehow disappointed by this scent.
Overall it is an elegant one but I would not recommend it.

Heverton
Heverton

I was waiting for an awful opening since all the drama around this fragrance, but the slightly spicy tobacco opening surrounded by some floral notes specially lavender wasn't that horrible. Good? No, but it is not anything bad, as people often says.

After about 30 minutes and throughout the rest of this fragrance, it passes on me, the idea of cleanness, an aroma similar to freshly laundered linen. Seriously. Tobacco? Not on me. I can not identify this characteristic aroma on my skin.

Update: now after using it more and more, the tobacco note is getting really prominent on my skin. Indeed a good fragrance

mangue55
mangue55

This is probably one of the best perfume I've ever smelled!!! guys this can easily by your signature scent! Imagine yourself in a flower shop and mix this scent with fresh bed sheets ! this is kinda like Channel egoiste platinum... What is good about this scent is that u'll get noticed, u'r going to get a loottt of compliments !

Longevity : 10/10 ( I get + 12 hours with 2 sprays )
Sillage : 10/10
Scent : 9.5/10
Projection : 20/10 !!!
Age : 25 and up With a nice suit ( James Bond Style !)

renperd
renperd

This is a cheap fragrance and one can tell by the fact that it smells thin instead of rich. Also, it's got a certain 'bite', a sourness which reveals the fact that it's highly synthetic. Initially the notes are all over the place before they settle down and begin to resemble a perfume composition. Anyway, I like it for its pleasant drydown, especially on fabric. Nowadays drug store brands like Axe rival these cheap designer scents in quality and wearability.

harith

just marvellous,amazing masterpiece ....actually its very late review bz I'd purchased it since 96..i dont remember how many bottles I've worn (maybe 5).

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Unique, Sexy & Affordable

Excellent projection & longevity

Volatile scent which is complex and mysterious..City of Angels..

An honour to have

Quality

DaZeD

I love Versace, but this one is one of a kind, it will make many heads turn, it reminds me a bit of Jaipur in the beginning, but after a while it changes to a more subtle, fresh smell with undertones unknown to me.It makes me sniff my arm the whole time, it's annoying how good this smells!
The bottle design is amazing too, classy and addictive to use.

NukerCC
NukerCC

8/6/11
The dreamer opens up with a blast of spicy woods and tabacco. Being a blind buy and one of the first into my collection, I opened the box to such a wonderful dry-down spell of this fragrance it was best thing I ever smelled than from the miss fires of the sprayer in the box. I sprayed this one on me and WOOO it has a kick to it that you might have to grow to enjoy.

I had to grow into liking the opening of this fragrance because it was such a peppery tobacco smell, my nose was new to this. Currently i'm sniffing on 2 sprays under my shirt from 15min's ago the Tobacco is still on top, the flora's are showing them selfs now that the peppery woods has moved to the base.

The dry down is yet to come on my sprays, it gets a bit more unisex than not jumping over to a female tho. Its one of the best smells around, the tobacco must be pretty good quality it sits really low in a Flora and woods mid keeping it still a slight bit spicy. I spray this into the box I store my collection in about once a month, it gives me a great blast of the dry-down every time I open the box.

warm scent not for the summer time heat.
projection is good "less is more" -robes08
last a good 6-7hours on skin

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

The Dreamer is pretty linear to me. First of all, the top notes were not harsh at all. It felt like I had just sprayed on a strong ladies perfume. The fragrance was sharp and floral, but not overpowering or horrible, as so many have said. After only a short while, probably 15 minutes, the fragrance settled into a clean linen smell. It's like sheets that have been washed in Tide detergent and then allowed to hang on a clothesline to dry. A very fresh, airy, clean, clean smell, reminiscent of laundry detergent. I don't know what note evokes that fragrance, but it's there in all its glory. The fragrance stayed that way the rest of the day for me. Clean sheets. That's it. No tobacco or tobacco leaf. No amber. Just a continuing clean, fresh fragrance. A good scent, but with no depth at all. I was expecting a lot more. Will I use it? Yes, for special occasions, but probably not for everyday wear. It's unique for sure, and doesn't smell like any other cologne out there. I don't get the comparisons to D&G Pour Homme. It is what it is as I have stated. Good clean smell. Very nice.

dab
dab

Love at first sniff, I like the top more than base.

bigrube22
bigrube22

One of the best smelling fragrance ever to me nothing can compare I always get complements when I wear it.

Riulian
Riulian

I love it 10/10.

binoybcompany
binoybcompany

Compliments Compliments & Compliments. Its Different its Sexy. Guys will hate you & girls will love you for this.

Lasts a very good 8+ hrs & has very good projection may be 3 spritz will get your job done. Can be a very good signature scent & in India at least its not the most popular one i have not seen many people wearing this one.

Longevity - 9+
Silage - 10/10
projection - 8/10
Uniqueness - 10/10

Definitely a must buy & if its true they have already discontinued better get it before it completely fades out.

Anup
Anup

Ever since i've gotten back into perfume i've always been drawn to this one.
I felt like i knew it from somewhere, and when i smelled it at a local perfumania my thoughts were confirmed. Normally Versace fragrances will have a embossed likeness of the anti-hero Medusa, but on this beautiful offering, the God of sleep is featured. The juice inside IS indeed very "dream-like" and mythical. This is my cousin Brians signature scent, which is funny because he is transgendered. I can see why he likes it so much, it's very feminine and very masculine at the same time. I need also mention, this is a great fragrance for scenting hemp jewelry (which i've done)

The top:

Green, bright and tart sage is paired and complimented well with soft lush lavender fluffs accompanied by stems. Mandarin orange isn't there so much, but it is recognizable upon second sniff. I don't think i've ever seen a combination of notes like this in the top of a fragrance before, maybe that's why i think it's so unique.

The middle:

Fancy carnation, smooth innocent rose and sunny, tacky tobacco create that very pseudo masculine opening, and most likely have something to do with the fact that gobs of people think this is a "clean linnen" fragrance. I don't know much on geranium, so i can't speak of it. I DO know that i do get a very slight "peppered mimosa" accord.

The base:

Is blatantly apparent when examining the drydown, which happens very quickly on my skin (20-30 mins). I don't consider it a bad thing, because the drydown is my favorite part of this scent. Upon this, one would notice the initial blast of vetiver and tonkabeans. After sifting through those accords one finds a resinous Christmas tree note paired with a strong woodyness.

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: (top notes) 3 (entire scent life) 10
Sillage: 7

inquisitor
inquisitor

Building upon the reviews here I would say that it smells like a romanticized version of James Dean's laundry. The long lasting and simply awesome dry down demanded that I got a bottle. A clean scent which reminds you of detergent in the best possible way while still very subtly hinting that these clothes belong to a man. I can easily imagine girls sniffing the pillow I slept on to be enchanted by this fragrance.

If asked I'll probably avoid the question or even flat out lie and tell people I'm wearing D&G pour homme since I'd rather keep this to myself. ;)

bonovox
bonovox

Versace "the Dreamer" -- what can you say? I had moderately high expectations for this fragrance after reading some reviews, and they were not only met but exceeded. Some colognes are classy, fresh, professional, sensual... but seriously, the one word that comes to mind with this smell is SEXY! I mean, I would sleep with myself after smelling this. It is so simple when you look at the notes, yet so well done. Refined, semi-sweet, amazing longevity but does not exaggerate just to draw attention to yourself. I'm trying to come up with a situation where somebody could not wear this -- to no avail. These last few weeks with the temperature being around 90

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Thwwaaaaaaak! I feel like I just got shot with Cupid's arrow!

Yes, fresh, clean laundry and lots of rich leather and sweet tobacco--a little rough around the edges with the sharp herbs, spices, piquant flowers and gritty wood. Tonka adds some sexy, honeyed smoke in the dry down.

As a teenager, I used to have a poster on my wall--a big, black and white close up of James Dean wearing a crisp white t-shirt, black leather jacket and a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth just looking smokingly sexy. He should have been the face of Versace Dreamer. RIP.

Rebellious, a little overt and crude, yet rich and refined at the same time. Wickedly charismatic--an effective lady trap indeed!

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Versace pleases me in general. This one is a lady killer. Its debatable that its a unisex fragrance. Overall, this one is recommended to anyone.

soned

If you are from latin america, in my case Puerto Rico, you will hate this. The reason why?, for the first hour, it smells exactly like ACE, a cloth cleaning detergent made by Procter and Gamble. If I am not mistaken, ACE was a product derived from TIDE, but for the latin america market (and literally, everybody use this at one point of their lives here) . I am talking about the powder one, original scent, not the new liquid version.
If you like it very much, get the original ACE, wash your clothes with it, and then spray The dreamer on your neck once, the clothes will do the rest, LOL.

The drydown I love, sweet tobacco. Believe me, if you wear it in any latin america country, the only thing people will tell you is, "you smell like clean clothes". This one shows you perfumes, and liking them, is based on many things, one of them being, what they make you remember!

Senzadite
Senzadite

I sprayed this from a tester in Costco...and it hit me with so many flowers...not bad but after that inicial blast, D&G pour homme (the classic one) appeared in an unrefined way. I also find some soapy/talc aroma that also Realities has, i have two fragrances allready that compare to this one...and sorry but the two that i have are more refined than this one (also brought to my mind those horrible shirts that versace used to make in the 90´s yuck!)not bad but not for me.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

When i smell that, i think that i am in a forest of tobacco and flowers, and a waterfall between threes, like a dream really! The Dreamer, opens with lavender, lily with sure, in the middle comes the powerfull tobacco with a little touch of rose. At the base the tobacco still there, mixed with tonka, vetiver and a notable cedar wood, thats make this fragrance diferent, a cedar oriental floral base for me. A extraordinary fragrance from Versace House.

masboi
masboi

the best scent from versace line... really classy.

the opening kinda harsh, but if you pass the 10 minutes of it, it turns to a really really beautiful scent.

that's all i can say, good longevity, good projection, good scent.

longevity : 9/10
projection : 10/10
overall smell : 9/10
recommended age : 21 and up

leecher88
leecher88

finally bought it after reading so many positive comments!

I cant confess thats a unique scent but i swear its a very good scent !!! I tested it yesterday and its a heavy perfume but in a good way (like JPG le male)
I love the elegant power opening its the best part in my opinion- very similar to D&G pour homme opening- but then turns into a warm smell and finally the dry down is also very good (the notes are impressing).
I think you can wear it in winter and fall day/night
and in summer preferable evening/night
on which clothes ? i would say button shirt is good, blazer and other well dressed look !

Not to forget the bottle is great and the head of versace too and the material of the head is unique !!!!

Longevity : 9/10 8-12 hours
Uniqueness : 7/10
Smell: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
bottle design : 10/10

similar scents: D&G pour homme especially the opening is the same and base notes ! (compare the notes)

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

A beautiful scent that can be shared between a man and a woman. This scent, when I smell it on a main, makes me weak in the knees. Something about the way it mixes with a man's chemistry...is just "powerful" and I have a physical/almost emotional reaction to it.
Bought it for my ex and low and behold, his chemistry did not combine to make the "it" factor for me. Now, I own my own bottle and I enjoy smelling it on myself, especially in these warmer days. Have to be in the right mood to rock a men's fragrance, but this is one that will always be in my collection. LOVE.

K LUE

Ok, I got this as a gift from an ex-girlfriend about 10yrs yrs ago. I personally never liked it myself. I though it was way to powdery, BUT I received compliments all the time from women in the most random places, so I can definitely say it does make a positive impression on women. One cologne I think that has some of the similar traits but not as over powering is Bottled Night by Boss. Just picked up a bottle and it reminds of Dream quite a bit but I personally enjoy it much more. So if you are looking for a toned down version try Bottled by Night.

Ichariot
Ichariot

This is a fragrance I ordered blind, even doubledaring myself by ordering a 100ml bottle right away. I was prepared for the initial top notes after reading reviews about the fragrance, and honestly.. To my surprise, I didn't get nauseated or didn't get a headache or any of that sort. I found the top notes strong, but I'm stronger.

It took around 10-15 minutes for the top notes to start easing out, and for the middle notes to start kicking in. That's when the fragrance got very pleasing to me. My first reaction was; "I'VE SMELLED THIS SOMEWHERE, but where? And when?" and I still haven't figured it out.

The reason I ordered a large bottle right away, blindfolded, was because somehow I just knew I would love this scent right off, and so I did.

I think this fragrance is something that you either love, or hate. In other words, this fragrance is something that either fits you, or it doesn't. It's not an universal scent that just anyone can wear (like alot of those market winning subtle fancy scents are). I think it requires a certain type of personality and character for the scent to fit the macroscopic picture.

I personally would recommend this for mature (not by age, but mentally), dark, eccentric, mysterious, bold, daring and determined men.

I would not recommend it for pale, timid, conservative, law-abiding, fair, uncertain and weakly boys or men.

diorshowman
diorshowman

The Dreamer will always be in my collection forever...this and Dior Homme. I do have to admit, that when I first smelled it, I was quite put off by the synthetic plastic note in the beginning...but after about an hour, the fragrance mellows out starts to become amazing. The keyword here is "starts" because the longer you have this on, the better and better it smells. Many people despise this scent because it is too feminine, which I can see, but this does not bother me. If you are not afraid to rock a borderline unisex fragrance, there is no better than The Dreamer.

Longevity:B+
Projection:B
Uniqueness:A+
Versatility:B
OVERALL: A

Douche Meter: 1/5*

*check out my profile to see what the douche meter is

tuturudka
tuturudka

The most romantic fragrance, I've ever smelled!

kostas37
kostas37

i love this bottle ! unique..elegant..romantic scent.

7.5/10

daytona!!
daytona!!

The Dreamer is an awesome fragrance, but one you have to tough it out in the beginning

Intense opening of the clary sage and lavender, last for about 20-30 mins. This is the stage most people quit, but it's worth the wait.

Cools down to a nice, sweet, fresh laundry smell for the rest of the time, and i mean a LONG time.

Leaves a nice scent cloud for about 4-5 hours, cools down to be close to the skin the last 4 or so hours, but it LASTS.

I've gotten several compliments, one demanding what frag it was so she could order it for her bf.

Sillage: 9/10

Get it, it's one of my best frags out of the 10 plus I have

I got a 3.4 oz tester for around $35 online, works great

Bram
Bram

This is a very sensual, warming fragrance, and when you just can't stop sniffing on yourself when it's on. I'm 16 and use this stuff although I think it suites a more mature person . And with this fragrance the longer it stays on you the sweeter and better and more sensual it gets although the first about 20-30mins are a very trying time, it smells very synthetic, and the first time I put it on, I took a BIG wiff expecting the sweet goodness I heard so much about and it honestly left me gasping for clean breathable air, there was just TOO MUCH alcohol, but don't get me wrong I love it afterwards, it's actually got a permanent spot in my collection now. This fragrance is extremely unique, though I do smell a faint resemblance to 1 million but I guess Dreamer came first so... The packaging: the box is upper middle cool, the box I think is pretty cool it has like a old school classic bottle that has this aura of class ,luxury and refinement= 7.9/10

So verdict: Great fragrance(I think) will make you stand out from the crowd, will def get heads turning and people asking, so definitely try it out. 9/10

blueberry
blueberry

Yup, that's a romantic sweet, oriental, woody unisex! (so many flowers in it, that's unbelievable how creamy/smooth/soothing this concoction is! Women, don't hesitate, just spray it on and you'll see what I mean!)
It has a good sillage, but not as powerful as Joop Homme The King of All Oriental Fougeres :) So, more than 2 sprays are allowed with The Dreamer.
It makes me feel soo good, really I don't know why so many masculine fragrances work so well with my skin and nose!
Highly recommended to everyone!

JohnMc
JohnMc

I bought this blind after it caught my imagination with its title and the fact that many of the reviews were intriguing. I've yet to make my mind-up, I have observed the silage is powerful (think Joop, Kouros etc), definitely a 2 spray max. However, I couldn't help feeling that its composition is very similar to 1 Million by Paco Rabanne. Which I also own and like. Has anyone else felt this?

Divinus
Divinus

dreamer = snake Venom + Heroin

There is nothing which smells like it. i blind bought it and i received it the morning when i had a bad hangover!!! i opened the pack and sprayed it on my wrist, i was feeling nauseated, but u know what? i could not stop sniffing my wrist.

this is a special smell, i dont care what others think of it. this is going to be permanent in my collection.

My final score-
smell = amazing /10
Projection = 9.5 /10
Longavity = 9.5/10
Uniqueness = 15/10

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

this is strong to the nose,very strong.yes it does mellow with time but boy, u risk having a headache with just one spray to any part of the body.but as have been said by most here,it's a good enough fragrance to have in ones collection but clearly to be used sparingly

paul1967
paul1967

One of my favourites! Every year i buy a new bottle in the fall. It's great for the fall and winter. Smells strange when you put it on (a bit synthetic), but after a short half hour: WOW.... Spicy, sweet, fresh, woody etc. This fragrance has it all. Different from any other fragrance that I know. Sillage and longevity is very good for me. Highly recommended.

Big 9 out of 10.

crossbow
crossbow

This cologne needs an official warning label on the bottle:

CAUTION! Wearer will receive unwanted but
favourable attention from members of the opposite sex. Do not exceed maximum dosage of two sprays per day. May be harmful in higher doses. Beware short-term side effects in the first 30 minutes after application. For best results, always apply a minimum of 30 minutes before any social interaction.

That pretty much sums this one up! Deliciously ambiguous. Use with caution, but damn it's good. :)

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

there should be something about this one that a lot of people love it, so finally I decided to buy this cologne(haven't bought it yet), but I still don't like it. It smells like women's lotion. well, It is for men and women both, so may be it should smell like lotions. Do not buy it blind. You can find a sample in perfumania. Try it. This is a must try, not because it smells very good, but because it smells vert wierd.

riri
riri

I like it, when I first bought it; I wore it everyday for about a week, yeah we get along together lol lol lol. But my husband doesn't like it, he says I smelled like queer oh lol well... It's definitely a perfume for those womanizer guys. Most of my gfs asked me what it was and if I was wearing my husband's perfume. They loved it ha!

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

i've just got it in the mail and IT's INSTANT LOVE!!!!

i think i've just got my signature/comfort/absolute favourite scent

powdery, creamy, sweet, light airy floral

OMG i can't really objectively analysis this fragrance yet, the only thing i know is that I REALLY REALLY love it, more than all other favourite fragrance combined!!
(considering i've just got it for like an hour, i think it suggests a lot)

a full review will be followed

K LUE

This is one of the owrst smelling colognes I have ever smelled. My ex bought me a bottle so I used it while I was seeing her but I have to admit it made me sick. Although I received many, many, many compliment from women. It is extremely powdery and stuffy a lot like Angle and La Male which are both huge hits. Personally I would never in a million years wear any of them....BIG YUK.

milkyway
milkyway

what a fragrance!..i sprayed it on my wrist without realizing it was created 'for men'..i am still sniffing my wrist, will definitely have to go and get myself a bottle..
it's surprisingly citrusy, warm, soapy and very VERY alluring..smells a bit like green tea on a dry down..
sorry boys, but as i didn't see any testicles or any other parts attributed to men on the bottle i'll definitely get it for myself..yum

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This is one wild ride. The beginning was much like one feels as one cranks up that first hill on the rollercoaster, filled with trepidation and nervousness. As others have noted, the first experience out of the bottle can be an intense and not necessarily a good experience. But as the dry down begins, the ride gets fun. With its minty tobacco fumes, mixed in with the scent of fresh sheets from the dryer and some heavy sweet smell, not really floral, your senses strive to undertand the aroma. As the you begin to enjoy the experience, it gets better and better. The mystery intensifies along with the tobacco all the way to a smooth finish. Wow, that was crazy...with moments of intense fear bordering on dislike mixed with extreme euphoria. Such is The Dreamer. I'm getting in line for another ride immediately...

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Don't like it.
It smells very familiar to me, i noticed similarities to Chaumet, Joop, JPG.
Has kind of a soapy smell, but reminiscent to any chemist brand.
Usually a soapy smell is nice, and te drydown on Dreamer is almost nice, but the initial spray is brutally pungent and chemically.

jooligan
jooligan

The opening smells, in my opinion, like an ashtray mixed with some cheap cologne (yeah, the opening sucks so bad), but this nauseating top lasts 20 minutes, so it really doesn't matter. After that ordeal, the real Dreamer comes in and you will feel gratified. The middle and basenotes are heavenly constructed. The tobacco flower embraces the rose and the iris, making a smooth, fresh and classy mixture that projects quite well and leaves a decent trail of sillage. In the drydown, the iris and the tonka beans takes the control, creating a very sexy smell, but close to the skin.

A masterpiece!. 9 out of 10

Danishkid
Danishkid

This one is so beautiful. I think the opening is not really as bad as a lot of people say. I think it is okay it definetly is synthetic, but i just avoid spraying it on my neck. Because it will get cloying. But when you get the dry down it is just wonderful.

CocoKat
CocoKat

One of my favorites on my partner... Leave it to Versace to find a fragrance both Masculine and Romantic. My heart Melts when I smell this. It makes me high and puts me in a great mood for love, snuggles, romance and naughtier...

I have smelled this on passing men on the street where its overly sweet and it doesnt smell as seductive as on my partner so skin chemistry pays a large part of how this one emanates.

The opening is a bit noxious, that heavenly drydown after about 15 minutes or so when the tobacco note comes thru seemlessly.

Dark-X
Dark-X

Well, if you are into tobacco & you are looking for an alternative for "Herrera for men", then "Dreamer" is NOT the one.

Not As good as I thought it would be.
Starts very synthetic & "chemical-like" & ends up in a beautiful floral woody smell, but after a long long time (about 4-6 hours on a testing paper).

It eventually becomes very similar to a smell of some laundry detergent I used, which I can not remember the name of it now. It also smells like some Arabic "attar" I've used

Not as rich or as beautiful as I thought (Not like Herrera 4 men at all). Yet it is a "nice" woody smell, I know someone out their will love it.

& I don't consider such smell as romantic, maybe a tine tiny %.

ghent32
ghent32

This is a very strange scent. When I first tried it I really didn't care for it, but I started running out of my others so I went ahead and used it and I was just totally blown away by the scent after about 30 minutes...fabulous scent and really unique.

dkmode83
dkmode83

I absolutely love this fragrance. Very romantic type of frag bordering almost on unisex on first application. Starts out very floral and harsh, but wait a bit as the drydown is fantastic. A smell of tobacco, rose, and woody notes blend together in one of my all time favorite fragrances. One people will either love or hate for sure. In my opinion this is a masterpiece and the best from the house of Versace. Sillage and longevity are fantastic and projection is ridiculous. Definitely a frag you shouldn't overspray. I love it but, probably a frag you should try before you buy it.

arunashamal
arunashamal

I really love this perfume, it opens up strongly but after about 30 minutes it fades into a nice smell, the only problem is sometimes it gives me headache, but others around me like it. So I don't really care. :)

martind18
martind18

This came to my attention as a free mini vial that was thrown in with some Versace Man samples that I had bought. I tried the VM that day, and my GF said that I smelled like an old woman. I put a little drop of the Dreamer on my hand, and I thought this one was going to be thrown out with the other samples... Fast forward an hour later, and I couldn't stop sniffing my hand. I had never smelled anything like that. It was a tobacco smell, and it was sweet, but the blend was perfect. I bought a bottle the next week, and I still love it. Not an everyday scent, but extremely nice for special occasions or days at work where you just want to feel a little different.

RobbieX

A weird one this, I agree that it's on the edge of unusual very good or just weird. Longevity and sillage excellent. Loads of tobacco in here. I had this once, if I see it in a sale, I'll get it again. It's a love or hate one this.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

This is one of those fragrances that people will either love or loathe. I think Versace have created a classic with this. Very unique and will definitely set you apart from the crowd.Truly epic...some similarities with JPG's Le Male.

scentology
scentology

Dreamer, 212 Sexy, Intense Euphoria are the only 3 fragrances that I 'dare to wear'. I wear them to impress, period. I personally don't love them, but the effect they have on women is really puzzling. Or perhaps what's puzzling is why I don't love them. Dreamer opens sharply to the point of repulsion, but thankfully, 10 minutes later, it makes a complete detour to be smth totally different. Tobacco is really the secret ingredient here that helps the scent to evolve so well. After that, it becomes sexy, and while I don't love it, who cares ?

Sillage : sexy
Longevity : long enough, don't worry
Feeling : restrained (too heavy)
Feedback : why else am I wearing it ?
Recommendation : try b4 u buy, or better still, see if your woman likes it

meinhoyin
meinhoyin

At first spray, the top notes pierce my nose like the screams of a crying infant. It cause me to sneeze and my allergies begin to react badly, but as time progresses it begins to turn into something more romantic and slighty more mature while at the same time still preserving that sweetness that at first was having one ready to take a shower. This is a definitely try before you buy, if you can outlast the first 15-20 minutes you'll be in the clear.

The Dreamer is very distinctive. To me, it's right on the line between being awesome and just weird. The scent is very aromatic, sexy and whimsical. I find it hard to relate this scent to anything particularly from nature. It's got fluffy powdery floral note that has a smokey woody masculine undertone. It can be heavy and in your face at time. Overall, It's got the good, the bad, and the ugly; layering all in one. I want to get it but I can't see myself pull this off. It's just too much to handle.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

Dreamer is a perfect name for this frgrance..Its so romantic and alluring scent..This is a must for a date and special occassion type of fragrance.Great sileage and good longevity...Though do not spray more than 4..it can be really strong after that..i own this bottle for 4 years now and i got few spray left on 1.6oz bottle..i got to say this probably one of the best versace i own..and the price is really cheap for this beautiful scent..It can be strong at first but drydown is heavenly..kinda like soft yet warm feeling..Best for winter wear..I wear this so many times..Too much compliment (which is good).And yes it have sweetness on the side, but it doesnt bother me..all the notes blends in together which makes it a dreamer fragrance...

pattisaid
pattisaid

I got this as a sample and thought this was lovely. I have not seen this anywhere and find that I am in love with a man's fragrance. Now it does make me think of the original Dolce&Gabbana for men. Which I love and do put on my wrists. I will still wear this.

guest_ChrisUK
guest_ChrisUK

The top notes are overpowering & seem to sink into the skin but not in a good way. It made me feel physically sick, an overriding essence of old mans bathroom cabinet containing antiseptic, toothpaste and calamine lotion. ejected this from my house with such ferocity its left a Dreamer shaped hole in a foot thick wall.

guest_MARYFRAGANCES
guest_MARYFRAGANCES

I'm are using dreamer during the last ten years and I would like to find similar fragances. any suggestion to somebody which loves the tabacco smell??

selinum28
selinum28

I like lavender in Versace's perfumes for men; it is used in a way that doesn't offend, and reminds a little of licorice. After this first impact, Dreamer gets better and better, as has already been said. Rose, geranium, tobacco and wood... It makes me think of Rive Gauche for women, although they don't smell the same and I eventually prefer Dreamer.
Versace's perfumes are all promising and impacting. I don't want to imagine a woman and a man wearing Versace both of them; it must destroy anyone's health. But I love all, and discovering Dreamer as another wonderful creation is not surprising: Versace always goes its own way, which is honest and highly orignal.

KONRAD
KONRAD

DREAMER is DIFFERENT,elegant ,easy to recognize it. ``fantastic `' not for everybody , is like the CLASSICAL MUSIC for selected group of people.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

After reading so many reviews about this fragrance I decided to splash out and get a bottle, and i'm glad I did because this is one hell of a fragrance.

If Thierry Mugler had created Alien for men it would smell like this. This smells like his Alien for women, yet it has a deep masculine notes added. Very odd yet one of those scents you cant help but sniff.

The opening is like when you first open a pack of ciagrettes (im not a smoker but I always loved the smell of unlit cigarettes) a gorgeous sweet tabacco scent.

The drydown is the most stunning I have smelt in a long time. It has that lovely sweet tabacco smell, with what kinda smells like vanilla and musk.

A definate find! and very seductive and cosy. I have gotten so many compliments because this is so different from anything else on the market.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good fragrance. It can be cloying when first applied so be careful. It kind of cotton candy sweet with a hint of dry tabacco for me. Great sillage and it last 9+ hours on my skin. 9/10

yankeeh8er847
yankeeh8er847

It can be very nice after 30 minutes to an hour. But honestly,,, the more I think about it, the more it smells like laundry detergent or fabric softener

RyanJ
RyanJ

Versace is one of my favourite cologne brands, so i had high hopes for this, and let me tell you, i've fallen in love with this scent - it's just so lovely; cannot get enough of it. The opening is very synthetic, but after 5 mintues, it's gone, and what's left is just heavenly. The longer it stays on (speaking of which, i tend to get 20-30 hours!), the better it gets. Hard to describe, but that's all part of it's appeal. I have 4 Versace fragrances, and this for me is the best

one of my all time favorites, this masterpiece make you dream.. sweet, woody, flowery.. its a dream...the best from versaces man fragances by far...

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

The Dreamer depicts very nicely the essence of this perfume, because when I wear it I feel like I'm floating between the dream and the real world. Some notes are pulling me to one side like lavander, and others like cedar and vetiver to the other...Beautiful fragrance...

Brando
Brando

I love love love this scent. It has a very clean floral smell. It could be worn by a woman very easy as well. It has a smell like some kind of candy I have smelled before. It's wonderful. Highly recommended.

el_payo
el_payo

simply incredible! warm,sweet,romantic and passionate at the same time...definitely my number one and my signature scent.

costaleo
costaleo

One of my favorite fragances. I had felt it on a friend on the drydown stage, which is wonderful. Bought it online and was really surprised with the initial notes... they are so unique and cloying, but they don't last long. What stays is a very well-blended mixture that calls a lot of attention and makes me feel powerful.

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

The horror, the horror......
Back in the day, I heard so many good things about this fragrance so I decided to try it out. I was new to the world of fragrances so I went a little overboard when first testing. Two sprays to the chest, neck and wrists (six sprays in total).
After about 30 seconds I fell to the ground..... Head spinning..... Cloying nightmare..... Cat looking at me puzzled...... “No go away kitty, I’m infected!”....... Stagger to the shower...... Scrub hard....... Still smell...... Smell so much I can taste it...... Two shots of Jack...... Burning in my stomach takes away the pain.
This was a bad experience. Nevertheless, I wanted to test it again (this time just one spray). I still didn’t like it, just too sweet and cloying. It’s possible that my first experience may have ruined it for me. However, to be safe, try before you buy.

my favorite perfume category for men is oriental fougere.so I fall for this one,just like xeryus rouge and so many other ones...
actually the first notes didn't sound good to me.it's just sharp and green.lavendar is touchable.it totally smells like soap with a touch of cigarette.
but I'm in love with the middle notes.it smells like bitter almond,mixed with vanilla in the best way possible.it's somehow sweet at the same time.whatever it is,I like it very much.
I like these kinds of gourmand,sweet & bitter scents on men very much.I think the name is pretty right for this perfume too.
I'm afraid that it was launched in 1996 and I've just discovered it!

guest_crispy
guest_crispy

sexy frag to wear cold-cold winter in mountains covered by white snow

carolfonte
carolfonte

I don't like this one at all! Versace Man Eau Fraiche is WAY better.
The Dreamer smells like my grandma's wardrobe.

saint2006
saint2006

This is a Beautiful Frag. Tons of compliments from the moment its applied. I love the way it changes on my skin. Very Masculine and a head turner. It Draws Attention to you, and thats what we all want. Had a chance to buy it in the 90's, but i turned away. And to think......I hesitated.

Talat001
Talat001

This is one of those colognes that I first picked up and was like woof....this is disgusting, but as time progressed it grew on me and now I like it. It's kind of like having your first drink of alcohol. The minute you sip it, its bitter and flat, but once you see the effects and the variations you love it. Overall I really like this cologne, but its not going in my top 5.

LaPD
LaPD

After so many rave reviews for this frangrance, I figured I'd try it out.

It made top 10s and is considered a daytime player's fragrance. I didn't know what to expect.

The opening notes are very flowery. The mandarin makes it manlier. Smells okay.

Middle notes are too flowery for me.

For the base notes I was expecting something woodsy ... but I got something soapy/detergent a bit chemically. Not a bad soapy ... it's different. Quite unusual. Complex. It's nice but it doesn't fit me.

I guess I had high expectations. Sillage and longevity is not too good for me. I do understand where Versace comes from for calling Dreamer.

Raffaella
Raffaella

I'm in love with this fragrance and with the man who wears it, my boyfriend! ;-)
I think it's very original (it's not so diffused), so particular and so sexy for a man! I think it's quite sweet for a male fragrance, and it is the reason why it's so original!
men, try it!!!

Bluenova
Bluenova

One of my All Timmme Favorite cologne , feels like i am in a dream , whenever i wear this . the begining notes are to die for and has nice sweet scent that slowy develops over time.. this will last the whole day with just a couple of sprays.

Archaic
Archaic

True that the first 5 minutes (top notes) smells harsh and acrid. But after that, it smells heavenly. Sweet tobacco and ambery all day. And it lasts long too. 2 thumbs up.

i love this fragrance. it smells very distinctive in a good way and the dry down is one of the best. i bought this in new york. le male was sold out and the sales woman told me this was similar. thought at one time le male was still better, but now that im older this is not only better, i wear this almost every other day. fits my lifestyle almost to the t.

vdxl
vdxl

A louder and more upscale Versace Blue Jeans. It is great for formal wear and extremely long lasting. It is great for romantic occasions and it is sweet, but not too much, it is rather oriental-woody-aromatic.

smp
smp

When the shop assistant showed me this fragance i directly bought it because is very sexy for a man. I recommend this perfume for your boyfriend, brother, friend...
It will make you crazy, i assure you.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I've owned a bottle ever since it debuted in 1996, to replace my previous ckOne phase. Pretty good segway, considering it was light (back then it was considered a light scent), and not too serious. To this day I must have a bottle to go back to and "remember".

Another website lists the notes as juniper, lily, tobacco, amber, and tarragon. I agree with this more than what is listed here on Fragrantica.

I've always considered this a unisex scent. I barely smell any tobacco, and this scent is mostly about lily in my opinion--very floral.

If you can't grasp around a scent like ckOne, Dune Pour Homme, and Joop! Homme, you'll walk away from Dreamer.

Lately I've sampled (and now own) Thierry Mugler's Alien. I was surprised at how similar they smelled but didn't carry the heaviness of tobacco and Alien finished cleaner. Both just as potent. Alien, however, makes a fine replacement for a smoother journey into the skies!

periquito89
periquito89

Strange composition, a combo of ingredients that doesn't tell me what it really is. Something here pretends to be sweet, but sounds more artificial than natural. I can't get a good tobacco note. The beginning reminds me Laguna Homme, by Salvador Dali. Pretty strong and long lasting too. I tried more than once, and I couldn't like it at all.

luz
luz

Hands down !!! This is my favorite masculine perfume. Very romantic, classy, sweet flowery blended with tobacco and tonka bean, contrasting fresh and creamy notes. This is a perfect perfume for a real bohemian and dreamer man.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

The Dreamer can become a Nightmare if overapplied. Its top notes are really strong and may induce a terrible headache.

Overall, The Dreamer is a beautifully done floral oriental fragrance for men. Although they list mandarin orange within its top notes, I can only smell flowers during the long presence of The Dreamer on my skin.

Different from any other fragrance that I know. Highly recommended.

knightz
knightz

The opening of Dreamer is a Sage-Lavender accord underneath a sweeeeeet Lily note.

From the heart, and fighting their way to the top, are more sweet florals... Iris, Carnation, Rose, Geranium. By now there are so many sweet floral notes that it doesn't even smell like flowers anymore, it has become a sweet solo beast. That many flowers together stops it from being floral and focuses just on the sweet. This borders on the amount of sweet florals I like, or can tolerate, in a fragrance. It's head is in the clouds. The reason it doesn't go past my limit is because it's not a sugary-sweet. Strangely addictive.

The base notes help to ground it a little as they steadily grow, bringing Tobacco, Tonka, Fir, and a touch of Vetiver. The sweet floral accord hangs on well into the dry down. The finale is a fading Fir-Amber accord, lightly spicy. Longevity is average. Apply lightly, it could be a monster.

I like it, for when I want something very different.
Spring, daytime.

j arbol
j arbol

personalmente no me gusta nada esta colonia, no la recomiendo, tiene algo que me hiere la pituitaria, hay mejores opciones, no tan costosas

succubus
succubus

Had this one 7 years ago.

The top notes were overwhelming, in my honest opinion. But the middle and base notes were sweet, and that's what I loved about this perfume.

vertigo
vertigo

what a fragrance!
strange, loud, reckless, dominating, recognizable.
probably for a man who doesn't take life very seriously ... can't stand any limits, but likes harmony and elegance.

my first association: Le Male, and, as perryforever wrote, Joop!Homme.
Dreamer and Le Male have lavender, tonka bean and cedar in common.
Dreamer and Joop!Homme have mandarin orange and tonka bean in common.
seems not very much, but if like those two, you should like Dreamer.

the scent is like leather and tobacco.

but I would never want my man to smell of this, it gives me a terrible headache.

perryforever
perryforever

I'm not sure about this one. It has a really funny smell in it's base notes it smells like talcum powder. It's in the same family as Joop (which the ex partner also wore) but I prefer the Joops

ropname
ropname

Dreamer... a very good name as this fragrance rly makes me dream. It has a heavy scent, indeed sweet, but perfect for romantic ocassions, cold days & night parties :P.

As for the notes.. it has a start that might be a bit harsh, but after the drydown it rly takes a wonderful turn. I can feel the tabacco & rose notes from the start to the very end when the woody notes come (fir & cedar) & make the scent rly something.
I for one adore it, but as a suggestion: try it before u buy it.

vtothek
vtothek

Very nice fragrance, could even pass as unisex really. Smells very nice on a man, it's more for romantic occasions than others because it's a bit sweet. Smelled it on one of my friends and loved it.

Dreamer by Versace 3.91 out of 5 based on 1798 ratings and 406 user reviews

Boots.com
48.00 GBP
Versace The Dreamer Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
Versace The Dreamer Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Dreamer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Dreamer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dreamer by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dreamer by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.