Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Eros Versace for men

Eros Versace for men Pictures Eros Versace for men Pictures Eros Versace for men Pictures Eros Versace for men Pictures Eros Versace for men Pictures Eros Versace for men Pictures

Versace is launching a new fragrance for men – Eros inspired by and deeply connected with Greek mythology. The aim of this edition is to reveal and release unrestrained passion and to accentuate desire. The fragrance was named after Greek god of love and son of goddess Aphrodite – Eros. Inspiration by ancient Greece has lasted since the time when Gianni Versace raised his fashion empire and took goddess Medusa as symbol of the brand to adorn numerous products of the house, among them also the new flacon of men's fragrance Eros.

The new perfume Eros is the first in the past five years to be launched and aimed at men. Donatella Versace's desire was to fit the fragrance into the concept of the Versace brand and to depict style and significance of long-lasting design, quality and popularity. "Eros is truly the DNA of the house of Versace" - explains Donatella. "We have a Greek motive making us think about ancient Greece, antiquities and mythology, while turquoise color represents the Mediterranean. That is Versace!"

Eros was created by Aurelien Guichard of Givaudan and it was announced as fresh, woody and slightly oriental. The fragrance includes mint oil combined with green apple and Italian lemon. Warmth is provided by tonka mixed with Venezuelan ambroxan and geranium flowers giving a fougere twist to the fragrance this way.

Flacon of the new fragrance for men Eros is created of turquoise color glass with head of Medusa on the body of the bottle and on its top. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT, along with accompanying perfumed body care products. Face of the advertising campaign is Brian Shimansky, while photographers are Mert & Marcus. Donatella wanted a man-gladiator for the new campaign, who is fighting for what he wants, fighting for his goals. "This is a fragrance for a man who is his own master. He is a hero: a man who defends their ideas and goals." - stated Donatella Versace. The fragrance will premiere at TFWA 2012 in Cannes.

Mint Green Apple Lemon

Tonka Bean Geranium Ambroxan

Madagascar Vanilla Vetiver Oakmoss Virginian Cedar Atlas Cedar

Eros Fragrance Reviews

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

Kinda reminds me of a more mellow Chanel Allure Homme Sport with the added apple and mint notes. It's a pretty versatile fragrance that gets tons of compliments from women.

bibsweek202
bibsweek202

Drydown smells like bubblegum :D

Smyle12
Smyle12

I really enjoy this fragrance, in fact, it's my "go-to" fragrance in my vast FB collection. Eros is my "signature scent". I can wear this anywhere anythime however I find that I need to spray it all over myself to get any real projection out of it. Longevity isn't too bad and the scent is truly addictive in its fresh, soothing vanilla-tonka/minty warmth. It reminds me of the oldschool "Butter-Mint" flavoured Lifesavers that were around when I was a kid. Great stuff!!!

I will literally SPRINT to the nearest retailer if/when Versace is wise enough to offer an EDP, Extreme, or Intense version of this wonderful, yet all too ephemeral fragrance!

8/10- If only because it's just too bit lightweight.

Nolan007
Nolan007

In my opinion on this fragrance at first it starts off a bit harsh and a bit synthetic but after about a hour the dry down kicks in it smells great, I get alot of vanilla, green apple and lime. It has super longevity and sillage that gets compliments I personally like it better as a night time scent I'd say two sprays will do it or one full spray and two half's depending where you like to apply it but 3 might be a little excessive!
Oh yea not to mention it defiantly has a awesome bottle and I recommend this product! Good Job Versace!

Aamir Ahmed
Aamir Ahmed

Now this is something i call a SEDUCTIVE scent,a bottle full of pure SEX.it has its class.trust me guys this smells classy.....the more i m wearin it the more i m lovin it.Perfect for any season.A good sillage n longevity.
And the most SEXY bottle hands down....guys the bottle looks freakin AWESOME on dressing table.....

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

um Le male da última geração de perfumes ou um Pi Givenchy mais clean e moderno? geração de perfumes doces recebe Eros e com certeza arrebata os admiradores de uma bela fragancia, já que Eros é de uma grife que tem como seu carro chefe nada mais nada menos que Versace Pour Homme, abre fresco bem presente trazendo a memória um perfume diurno e maritímo, a menta dá entrada excitando o olfato de quem sente modelando o aroma para a chegada da baunilha, um aroma doce viciante estabelece na pele e projeta sensualidade e elegancia. fixa muito bem e projeta na medida a ponto de não enjoar,aroma espetacular, para dias frios e uma noite de amor.

SmellyFinger
SmellyFinger

Chuck Norris would not fight Versace Eros.
Jack Bauer wet his pants when he confronted Versace Eros.
Versace Eros made Vern Shillinger his prison prag.

Longevity: 11
Sillage: 11
Projection: 11

10 is the highest, but Eros is one more than that. Not for wimps.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

Too generic for me. Everybody has it. So until the hype wears off I won't be buying this.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Wow nice, I get vanilla & powder. I am a girl and want it for myself

Chido
Chido

I will say this, the bottle is dated and every time (I mean it) I smell this on a friend who owns it, its the base notes that get me. It exudes this sensual, sexy smell. Yum, Yum Yum! And I will say its very very distracting. This is one heck of a sexy scent for men. Amazing!

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I've heard so many negative things about this fragrance that it has been completely off my fragrance radar. Since there wasn't much new I haven't already sniffed at the local Macy's, I decided to try this one after Michael Kors for Men turned-out to be a major disappointment. Ummm...Eros was pretty nice! I expected to be sniffing a Goober Pile and it wound up smelling more like Gomer Pyle. Whoda Thunkit? (Whoda would be Gomer's first-cousin...the marryin' kind).

"Surprise, surprise, surprise! Shazam!" Now, I didn't spend much time with this fragrance but I'll going back to properly sample this one, for sure. It just goes to show that you need to get your nose onto a fragrance and take what others say with a grain of salt since they have different likes, dislikes and olfactory biases.

cicciosam
cicciosam

VERSACE - Versus -

Onestly .... boring ....

- Very similar to other 100 fragrances...

I don't like it ...

Noley
Noley

AXE PHOENIX. That is what this reminds me of, full on. Phoenix body spray by Axe. That stuff you'd always smell back in junior high when young men started wanting to smell "good".

P.S. That is NOT a good thing.

garett
garett

I have it and after 6 months i like to describe it.
It is a sweet scent then in the middle it gives mint oil smell which i like , and continues that till end.

It burns my nose a bit , thats for sure , but thats ok.

It is a mass appeal kind of scent , you know clubs and all. It doesnot have any mood or emotion attached to it.
It wont give you a romantic or down feeling either and thats why i love it . Thats why i love it cuz it doesnot exhibit any feeling , neither brings me down or makes me romantic. It just lets you be who you are.

Btw , i bought it cuz of SA said it has powerful mint oil and by god i loved the blue , classic bottle which gives you a prince of persia/arabic/mediterranian vibe.

7.5/10 i give it to ya.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

This does last a long time compared to other fragrances. The smell is a generic mall smell and doesn't project much.

Legolas

Opening fresh and aromatic then came out woody notes and spices with vanilla.. botlle is beautifull and longevity and projection amazing.. on me 12h and first 5-6h great sillage..

bazil14
bazil14

nothing like one million both are sweet and amazing in there own ways but this beats one million hand down due to being new and uncommon whereas one million is opens with fresh mint and lemon slight apple then settles into a sweet minty scent with tonka staying power and projetion are way above expection ive had just short of 24 hrs out of this with 3 sprays this could be the next big mens fragrance 10/10 get it u will not be dissapointed pure class

shop9ty
shop9ty

When a girl comes up to you and demands to know what your wearing and you reply why....

Then she says cause you smell like pure sex ...

Then you know what your wearing is a pearler.

Don't be fooled by the first spray , let the top notes fade and this will be one of the best scents you own.

The Longetivity is amazing and you only need one spray !!!

I sprayed 3 sprays and 8 hours later had to take some randoms home in my car and they were asking about my cologne.

If you don't have this ... Then your not getting laid.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Erotic? Maybe. But first and foremost - Executive! A decent heir of classic green frags, it probably looks dated (kitschy bottle) but smells modern, powerful and cheerful. Great citric-minty opening, a real blast. Tonka bean and vanilla garnished with lots of mint, opening the way for a timeless vetiver-cedar drydown. The heart is probably a tad too sweet, but its sweetness doesn't stay long. Longevity and projection are both above the average. Use it consciously - an extra spray can bring you down :)

camposg
camposg

Guys dont let the dated bottle look fool you. I think that was a mistake on the versace house personally. This is fresh and modern summer scent I haven't given it a proper testing but I was really surprised at how good this stuff is at first sniff and spraying on my hand

This is good stuff for sure

RAG1987
RAG1987

Having bought a bottle of this I can safely say that I really love this. I also own Allure Home Sport Eau Extreme. I love AHSEE however I find it to be a bit heavy on the tonka that if overdone it can cause headaches in warmer weather.

Eros does it right, I get a strong comparison to AHSEE however I wouldn't say it is a clone or copycat as EROS is in a league of it's own. Sweet freshness that lasts the whole day and into the night. The sweet minty freshness combined with the green and woody notes and tonka makes for a great combination. I do not get any cheap synthetic tones off this.

Have noticed reviews on various sites from people bashing this saying it smells cheap and synthetic and then instantly bigging up AHSEE. I own and wear the two and if I had to chose between the two I would go with EROS rather than AHSEE. Also Versace have got this right, the bottle is amazing, the spritzer works really well and sprays a nice burst of fragrance. One or 2 sprays and this stuff shines. 10/10

I shall keep buying this but for now I will need to get through my 100ml bottle.

hyuhang
hyuhang

Loud, citrusy and may I say frat boy perfume? Has that artificial scent to it, but I don't dislike that. It is what it is, unpretentious. A safe choice if you are the uninitiated, or want a summer scent. Projection is long, good for the whole day.

methodmike
methodmike

it's a decent smell,not something wow,but still it's a good choice...i find some similarities with versace blue jeans,have some common ingredients,but is more sweet and dark than blue jeans,anyway for me is a good perfume.

scent 8/10
longevity 7/10
sillage 7/10

this stuff is good, to me it smells similar to le male by jean paul gaultier, the vanilla notes are very similar but they are also completly different in other ways. Eros is a really good cologne, really sweet and green, doesnt get alot of love though, its a bit all over the place, but i think its worthy of a love :)

jdfarley
jdfarley

I sampled this one at Macy's today, and have to say I'm disappointed. Way too much mint for me and it is very loud and cloying. I had thought this one would be sweeter. I would say Le Male would be better for me, but I don't like that one either. I did, however, enjoy Perry Ellis 360 Degrees White (a Le Male clone) and will definitely be purchasing that one as the weather gets cooler.

GaryG
GaryG

Another Versace fragrance that works great on me. Very good longevity and the fragrance does not change during the day. I can definitely smell the vanilla and mint, it is sweet but not overly. On my skin I do smell a resemblance to Paco's 1 Million. I would tend to wear this in cooler months like Fall or early Spring. Nice stuff.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

longevity is good, projection is good; but too sweat. It reminds me 1 million. I don't like this type of scent.

Franky1122
Franky1122

very nice fragrance, its sweet and fresh, last long, and projects well. might just buy a bottle...

jesseo11
jesseo11

Love this scent. Starts out with a dominant vanilla and and then the minty, tart and cedar vibe emerges to freshen it up. Cool, sweet and musky. Would wear it anytime.

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

I've got 2 or 3 samples left of this stuff and I'm going to be honest here: I'll probably buy a bottle. It isn't because it's a groundbreaking scent that I can't live without. It isn't groundbreaking at all. It's just a vanilla and mint scent that is a strong pusher with great longevity. It is suitable for about any weather save for ridiculous heat.

Performance wise, as I said, this will carry you through a typical work day or any evening activities you need. It doesn't project from my skin with an enormous cloud like it does for some; I can wear things like this and other so called "annoying" scents like 1 Million without being offensive in the slightest, YMMV.

Price: Man..There ARE better options for the money depending on what you're looking for, depending on skin chemistry. There are better head turners, better club scents, better office scents, you name it. But this is honestly a rather versatile scent that can accomplish all of those with at least average success. It can be applied and worn light enough for casual every day use, work, etc. It is very pleasant and can garner compliments in a party setting. For me it's pleasant enough to wear around the house when I am not feeling super particular(not a bad thing). All in all, figure out what you need out of it, then try it on your skin and give it a shot. If it fits the bill then I'd say it's definitely worth the price.

Anosmic
Anosmic

This is a great attention grabber. You can smell a ton of colognes at the store and smell this toward the end and despite nose fatigue, this still will stand out. Great projection and longevity as well.

As a club scent I can see this being great. If it can stand out and smell decent after smelling 20 other colognes in a store, then I imagine at a club where it is competing with the One Millions and Le Males, etc., it will do the same.

The difficulty I have with this scent is that it just doesn't feel well put together if I haven't smelled 20 other colognes first and am suffering from nose fatigue. It is as if the vanilla, citrus and mint are not blended correctly or just don't work well together here. I do not personally enjoy the scent.

But, hey, others do enjoy it and it will definitely catch people's attention even when surrounded by competing scents. Apparently, that is what it was designed to do,... and it does it well.

WayneDN
WayneDN

Just purchased this today and really feel this could be my new signature cologne. It is a wonderful evening or weekend scent.

panoulis1992

longevity:10/10
projection:8/10
sillage:7/10
versatility:10/10
overall:40/50(not for me)

JoeOM
JoeOM

Too much hate for this fragrance.

The only down side for me is that it's a little too expensive for what it is but that's not to say it isn't good.

For me I get a loud blast of synthetic sweet apple and mint on the first spray.

The apple quickly fades but the mint stays. This isn't a fresh mint either, it's incredibly sweet.

I then get the tonka with a LOT of powdery vanilla, right up until the dry down which is slightly woody/mossy. The sweetness remains throughout though!

Lasts a good 6-7 hours on myself but projection isn't great considering the price.

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

This scent is so fresh with mint and lemon, a little sweet, manly, sexy. I would definitely wear it in winter days. The lasting power is also amazing!!!
To me: 9/10

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

An absolutely amazing vanilla mint fragrance. The initial blast of mint is intoxicatingly wonderful. A very nice blend of all notes and lasts a long time. Very strong though so try before you buy.

8.5/10

mehrdad
mehrdad

Eros Versace for men

با سلام و ادب
عطری عالی و دوست داشتنی
رایحه ای گرم و شیرین با پخش بو و دوام بسیار خوب از مزیت های این عطر مردانه و جذاب می باشد
با توجه به آمبولانژ زیبای این عطر و درب طلایی مزین به لوگوی ورساچه نت های شیرین و گرم در این کار بسیار خوب در کنار هم تلفیق شده اند و بسیار کسانی که روایح شیرین و گرم لذت می برند کار با ارزشی تلقی خواهد شد
اگر از آن دسته کسانی هستید که عاشق بوی وان میلیون از برند پاکو روبان و له نویت و یا له هوم از برند ایو ساین لارن می باشید این عطر حتما شما را خشنود خواهد نمود
کلاسیک و جذاب
با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

jdawg
jdawg

Love it! Starts off minty, the gradually turns fresh and finally a strong hint of vanilla. Lasts long with just two sprays on my neck. I always get complimented with this perfume.

Oposai
Oposai

Waaaaaay too sweet! Omg too much, never thought i would dislike a frag from versace but i do now. I would never buy this, i would rather buy farenheit 32 which is slighly less sweeter than eros.easily the sweetest frag ever smelled.

ImGame

Initially the dry down on my skin had me thinking of as if you had been sweatily dipped in a lemony syrupy fairy floss, a cloyingly sweet synthetic smell dominated by lemon and mint. however on paper you can smell the vanilla and lemon fighting for supremacy.

At first I didn't understand this scent it was such a strong scent straight up and not very enjoyable but over time you realise what the nature of this scent exactly is:
After smelling this scent 10 minutes in it overpowered my nostrils ability to smell completely! anything else including my Eau Fraiche, a bunch of CK, Joop Jump as well as making Cool water smell like generic aftershave.

Don't get confused this is the point of the scent, Domination, its not about, hello my name is, or deep meaningful walks on the beach *warm feelings etc*, or long term relationships its a scent that's for the clubs that shouts from across the room "what's up skip the names, lets have a wild night" it powers through all other scents making your nose drawn towards this scent. It is insanely addictive, so strong I cannot stop smelling myself.

Sillage? Iconoclast

Longevity? Like mud on a fence

Scent? Addicting but has no depth (the whole point, this scent to me embodies a one night stand imho)

This is definitely a big clubbing scent, but for any other use? Null

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

Just bought this and I am thinking about returning it . On me, it feels cloyingly sweet and a little cheap. There is a strong candy apple and vanilla smell. After reading the reviews, I thought there would be more mint in the top notes. I am a little dissapointed

garmonbozia
garmonbozia

Versace "Eros" smells really nice. It starts with citrusy and minty notes. I can hardly sense the aplle, but it's there. Yes, maybe it smells a little bit like a fresh shampoo in the beginning but it's a pleasent smell. After a half a minute masculine notes come to life - woody and dusty. This is the part where "Eros" smells similar to many pefumes - still not bad. And finally my favourite part of this pefrume which stays with you for many hours - vibrant vanilla, still soaked in oily mint and woody/dusty aroma. It's a "happy" vanilla and i love it. It's the opposite of one-dimensional and bland vanilla you can find e.g. in "D&G 11 La Force".
This last set of "Eros" notes stays with you forever. For me it's a smell of a mint and caramel candy, but it is still a masculine sweetness. You can easily overspray it on yourself so be careful - one time on the neck and a little bit behind ears and you're done. Believe me, people around you will ask each other aloud - "What smells so nice?"
The longevity and sillage of "Eros" is great.
I think it's more of a day fragrance but on the other hand you can wear it whenever you want. It's not a sexy fragrance but it smells so nice that your other half wouldn't mind to have it around all the time :)
According to me "Eros" is better suited to fall, winter and spring months. It's just my opinion but I think that vanilla notes in general aren't suited to summer months. Sure, you can have vanilla flavoured ice cream but there is warmth in vanilla scent and there is no need in wearing warm pefume in the heat of summer.
"Eros" bottle is really cool. Good job the house of Versace!!! It was a blind buy for me and such a nice surprice.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I love this! Okay not on me, but I think it would be sooo sexy on my husband. It's one of those scents that doesn't smell terribly sophisticated, but that's why you love it! My husband is laid back, and this scent suits him perfectly. It's sweet but not cloying or even gourmand. It's sexy but not overly so. It's fresh, but not too fresh. I mean everything about it is "just right" for the average guy on the go who doesn't want to wear anything fussy. Yum! Might have to drop some hints, ya dig?

sergio580
sergio580

Every woman that smelled this on me loved it!!

burgundyaltima

First spray smells like gucci pour homme ii or hanae mori him..easy on trigger its very strong and unisex (more on the feminine side).same metro sexual vibe at Carolina Herrera Ch...women can wear this as well...this smells like the women fragrance YSL manifesto and Britney spears fantasy in pink bottle

zomran
zomran

My favorite Versace. A great fragrance for anytime of the year. Long lasting, and smells really good!

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

Maybe it's just me, but I get a lot of apple and lemon with this. Not complaining though, it is a beautiful scent with a sweet vibe. The vanilla is not to strong so it doesn't smell powdery or overtly vanilla...y. I wore this to work one day and my co-worker noticed it when I stood close to her. She said it smelled good and smiled at me, this was also about 5 hours after wearing it. Great projection and longevity.

anna.dkr5

As soon as I spray it on, I get a strong metallic and powdery geranium accord. This scent lasts for quite a while, and always lingers in the background. About an hour later, apple and mint start to appear, and make themselves more noticeable. This drydown is my favourite part of Eros. I also detect a hint of sweetness, kind of like candy apples, but there's not as much vanilla in this as I thought there would be. On me, this is mostly herbal and slightly fruity. Strong. One spray will last you all day (and longer).

By the way, A few weeks ago, I accidentally sprayed some on the cardboard inside its box. A whitish residue has formed there.

Dre416
Dre416

I do not get vanilla. On my skin all I get is tonka bean and mint. I don't like it. NOOOOOO! NNOOOOO! Not for me.

solitaire
solitaire

My man said about this fragrance: "If I were Casanova, I would soak in it. To kill the smell of burnt rubber". Well, he'll definitely get it for present :)

DR ROCK
DR ROCK

اگه شیرین دوس داری در خریدش شک نکن
پخش قوی ای داره
در کل یکی از گنده های شیریناس

jejemon
jejemon

at first I didnt like it for the overpowering vanilla scent but after a few days of wearing i come to love it, i can now smell the mint and other scents inside. monster silage and projection and it does stays on my skin for a very very long time.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

sedikit citrus fresh dgn kelapa manis dan pure vanilla... delicioussss!!!!!

herreroph
herreroph

I have it and for me smells similar to City Towers (JB), but more intense.
I can smell oud here even if does not has, maybe for the combination of different woody notes.
Projection: 9/10
Fragance: 8/10

Valfar
Valfar

Apparently, i was wrong about this fragrance. I've tried this one several times, on paper, but that mint blast from the begining, blew me off. And of course, threw away the paper without wating or taking it home (as i usually do). But i was at the mall today, tried several fragrances, and i decided to give this one another chance, to take the paper home and see where the smell goes. Well, after an hour or so, i was surprised to see that the mint faded a little (but still noticeable) and vanilla came in strong.I think this is my 5th time i'm trying this one, and it was in my "dislike" list, but now i have to say that it is very nice. I will even consider buying it in the near future. Projection and longevity are great

Update: Tried it again today, this time on my skin. This is very potent (a Versace fragrance that is potent, i have to say that is a step forward). It can be cloying if you apply more than 3 sprays of this. So go easy with it. With 3 sprays i think people will notice you. I'm sorry for my previous (bad) review i gave to this fragrance and i'm sorry if my review influenced someone. I think this one will be my next fragrance that i will purchase. Great stuff!

arminio94

Heavy on the vinilla and also smells like a mixture of Pacos 1 Million and JPG le male with others added

arminio94

Very good scent first time it came out smelt it at Macy's and hated it couple more trips to Macy's kept smelling it started to grow on me got a sample then fell it love its a very sweet fragrance and last forever on my skin and clothes worth the money overal 4/5 for every category

DonPatrizio
DonPatrizio

This is very sweet. I don't particularly like the scent, but it is strong and long lasting.

Jassar
Jassar

Smells like an industrial strength urinal cake in a urinal where the flush is broken and it has been soaking in urine for about 3 weeks. Take it out and spray just a little vanilla on the urinal cake then scrub your skin vigorously. But please make sure the urine and vanilla are extremely cheap and highly synthetic. Could have been used for medieval torture. People will run in the opposite direction of you while wearing this. I am deathly allergic to cats and would rather be trapped in a cat hoarders house than be in the same room with somebody that has this on.

Scrubability = off the chart. Up there with Hugo Boss Energize

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

Sweet. Vanilla. Trendy.

...and actually kinda boring. I love many Versace perfumes but I wore this and had to ask "What is everybody raving about?". If anything, Eros is an extremely introverted Le Male, especially in the dry down.

Take away the beautiful bottle and sexy ad campaign and all you have left is nothing more than a light minty vanilla.

anna.dkr5

I've smelled it twice, and actually liked it. I'd like to buy a bottle for myself. I think it can be rather unisex.

UPDATE: I've bought a small 30 ml bottle (that tiny bottle looks SO cool!). I also find it sort of powdery, which I hadn't noticed before. definitely not too sweet. It has an accord that smells somewhat "incens-y". I can clearly smell mint, a hint of apple, a hint of geranium, and tonka, but I don't get the overwhelming vanilla bomb most people are talking about. I find this somewhat redolent of D&G Light Blue Pour Homme (the original version, not the flankers) + a little swetness. I remembered it to be creamier, but perhaps it's just my nose. The bottle is legit. It's not a love, but definitely a like, and it's versatile.
However, it's got NOTHING on Le Male.

guillermostf
guillermostf

It seems eros's a controversial edt. All your comments dare me to buy it or at least, give it a try.

beavisbonce

I can believe the 5 years since the last men's versace was spent making this. A good all rounder and excellent value as it really lasts. P.s the shower gel is top quality

Belvedere
Belvedere

Ignore the cheesy advertising campaign! This is a masculine, sweet and slightly spicy scent that projects like a beast and has great longevity. Good office scent and wonderful in the evening/club. Not unique but still a great smell in a beautiful bottle. Will generate compliments.

Bobster
Bobster

I' m definitely not going knock this beast of a fragrance. Longevity, projection, and over all smell are great. There is only one problem. I am not a sweet fragrance kinda guy. In fact, I loathe sweet fragrances. Why couldn't Versace throw some leather in there or some juniper just to off set things a-little. A lot of people like this and I can see why.

Cegar
Cegar

Masterpiece

If you are looking for a sophisticated, masculine perfume look no further than this. The combination of sweet vanilla and fresh mint makes for a purely intoxicating fragrance. It is a sure compliment magnet and the strong silage and longevity definitely work in its favor.

While this is a perfect club/date/occasion fragrance it is perfectly safe to wear at work as well.

Use with confidence.

CristinaB
CristinaB

Is it weird im a girl and would love wearing it? Its a rather unisex smell, sweet and minty. What do u think??

heartcooksbrain
heartcooksbrain

I don't understand so many negative reviews on this fragrance. The ads for it may be cheesy or whatever, but when it comes to how this smells, I think it's honestly a great fragrance. I get plenty of notes out of this one, where as some people say they only get vanilla and tonka. The opening of this is a blast of nice mint, mixed with mostly citrus, and a bit of vanilla. If you really put your nose on it, you'll find out that it's really a citrus fragrance at heart, only made much darker and sweeter by the tonka and vanilla. The vanilla isn't an overly sweet, "Le Male" type vanilla. I've heard comparisons being made to Le Male and 1 Million, and while there may be similarities, they're definitely not the same at all. I can't hardly wear Le Male because it's way too sweet for me, where as Eros isn't as sweet, but it's just the right amount for me. I also get the green apple in here quite a bit. The performance can't be questioned either, since it lasts on my skin a long time and projects very well. I just disagree with so many comparisons being made by people. I've also read that this smells like Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, or that it's a ripoff of it. That is NOT true. I own both Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme and this, and have even went as far as to spray once on each arm, just to prove to myself that they aren't alike. I think this is very well done, and different enough to deserve a try.

joezilla
joezilla

it's not distinctive and original, but you can't say it doesn't smell good. it smells like too many fragrances out there. to me, it smells almost as exactly as police uomo. it's more like a clean and fresh type of sweet than cloying type of sweet. i mostly get vanilla, vetiver and green apples.
projection and longevity are very good. i recommend this, especially for the younger crowd.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

What can I say about the Greek god of love in a bottle ?.

Well, let me start with the bottle, the bottle is gorgeous!, The design reminded me like a true Versace creation that Gianni himself would have conjured ,atleast the bottle design and the feel of the grecas and the Medusa emblem is just sensually delighting to the fingers and fabulous to have a décor in your house.

Now the fragrance, well being gifted this was a sheer pleasure , now the scent is very fresh and sweet and very sophisticated, its not a "cheap" guy scent and will get you a lot of complements ,although the scent isn't very original since it smells very similar to modern day perfumes.

Although, Im disappointed that Eros it did not had true erotic , animalic ,sultriness spirit about it.
Since Eros is where we get the word Erotica from, but my point here is that it smells too sweet and fresh to carry such a big title but as one of the reviewers stated that maybe Donatella crew was thinking more of cherubic boy than a god of erotica and love, even though Donatella was thinking of Gladiators when making this.

Will I buy this ?

well, personally Im on the fence about this, I do enjoy the bottle design, fresh scent that it bonds well with my chemistry and people have given me complements, perfect for casual outings in the day or evening.
But you see , I been a admirer of the house of Versace since Gianni was alive and own pieces including the fragrances. For me this scent of Eros lacks erotic appeal although it's fresh sweetness reminds me of "spring love" type of fantasies and it has it's appeal but I would like a more mature and erotic appeal to Eros someday.

Over all its a elegant fresh scent that has a jolly spirit to it, a very charming youth or dandy male suits this perfume very well.
A good gift for first timers and those who enjoy sweet fresh scent that is very delighting and playful without any seriousness to it.

P.S
it also suits pets , my dog enjoys it too !.

warlockss
warlockss

hmm ive been eyeing this one for a long time , reading the reviews over and over again and today i went and bought a 100ml bottle for $84 in the shop at retail prices .
so here is my take on it. Bottle is very nice cap is nice too feels like quality materials have been used to make the bottle and the cap. Juice first initial sprays first 1 then folowed by another 5 sprays to get a good feel for it .
So what does it smell like to me ? first thoughts smells kinda aquatic , reminded me of davidoff cool water and then rochas man.
smells like an aquatic with lemons , mint , and a mocha coffee with some vanilla .
Dont know if this has already been reformulated and i say that because it feels weak. This has been purchased 2014 but i suspect it has to be 2012-2013 stock . I dont get the projection and sillage or the longevity that most people have been saying here ? smells strong for about half hour then into an hour it starts fading away and this is with 5 sprays .

so verdict . Its a nice fresh and pleasant non offensive smelling fragrance not worth the price they're asking. I feel it should be around the $50-$69 range . out of 10 id give it a 7/10

Almost a soapy floral, really. Different for a men's scent and really nice. Will have to try this in liquid--trying paper sample. Has the soft feel of an amber floral but with a sport edge that keeps it just masculine enough. Still, might be too powdery soft for most guys. Sort of like clean laundry. Like it

Manny44

Agree that this is similar to Allure Eau Extreme. Heavy on the Tonka. Nice Fragrance, Sweet, but nothing really original. Great Bottle!

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

So much bandwagon hate on this one. Is it just the name "Versace" that turns you off from this fragrance? I love this one, it projects and LASTS!

renzo
renzo

Agree with HickorySmoke.. I get a headache wearing it.. To much Tonka as most of the late releases (like Chanel Allure Homme Sport Extreme). But indeed longlasting..

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Mixed feelings about this one. I will enjoy this bottle while it lasts but can't see myself buying another when it's gone. I'm a fan a vanilla,and Tonka but this just has an annoying smell to it like if I pay to much attention to it I'll receive a splitting headache. I've had complements as well as questions what I'm wearing.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

Another mediocre release from a house that has rapidly become "yeah but what have you done for me lately?". Don't get me wrong, it achieves it's purpose and that's solely to cash in on the designer vanilla / 'clubbing' scents. Think One Million, think similarities in the dry down of JPG Le Male and you'll know what I am talking about. Unfortunately, that is my biggest issue with this fragrance; it can be thought of almost entirely through other colognes. Where's the next The Dreamer? A release that would have shocked me coming from a more reputable house and one that absolutely stunned me coming from Versace. Where's the innovation? Versace is a house that's already fallen behind in the men's genre and stagnating with safe, under whelming fragrances that have been done to death is not the best way to go about reinvigorating their line. That being said, this is a fairly safe scent that can be reasonably expected to sell well so it is hard to fault them for cashing in where so many other designers have before them.

As far as the scent goes, you get a burst of lemon initially followed by some mint. From there, whilst there are woods present (more so as you move to the base), the vanilla overshadows virtually the entire fragrance and makes distinguishing the other notes (such as the apple) rather difficult. Performance is the shining light of this release however, as is the absolutely gorgeous bottle design.

Longevity: above average. 8 or more hours typically
Sillage: again above average. People will pretty much be smelling you in the room you've just left.
Occasion: anything to do with night-life. dates, clubbing etc. This is a scent that lends itself more to the fun occasions rather than the more formal settings such as work

Rating: 6.5/10. A generic, safe scent that has above average performance and is pretty decent as far as designers go. Overall, a solid release from Versace, if a little tame and boring. Hopefully they begin to reinvent their men's section rather than stagnating. Given that this was essentially 5 years in the making I cannot help but feel disappointed with the results.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

Bam! Finally, a NEW men's fragrance that doesn't leave me yawning in boredom. This scent is absolutely intoxicating, sexy & unique. When I heard that this was coming out, I knew that I had to try it. With a name like Eros, the Greek God of Love, I knew this fragrance would embody a seductive nature that's timeless & sensual at the same time. When I first sprayed it, I immediately felt the attraction as my senses were enlightened by the sharp notes of mint & lemon in the top. The apple is not very noticeable, in my opinion. But that is most likely because mint & lemon are quite pungent notes already, so together, the apple is out-shadowed. As this fragrance settles down, I feel as though the heart & base notes merge together and create a warm vanilla-tonka scent. However, on skin, the vanilla definitely comes out more. Along with the scent, I find the packaging just as impressive & edgy, yet still remaining classy & understated with a twist. The deep turquoise colour of the bottle, with the maze-like Gatsby detailing and the iridescent blue rimmed lid, make the bottle a real winner. The gold Medusa on the top is what really, and literally tops it off. Quite impressive!

shahab.zaidi

I have one million on one hand and eros on the other. Both are thunderous and identical. But i prefer this as it is more fresh and versatile.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Today I was with my boyfriend in perfumery. Together we choose a new MALE scent :) Eros has a beautiful bottle. Really luxury deep, blue... You would think that is the aquatic fragrance. But no way ! In the Beginning - the perfume is fresh, slightly sweet and juicy. I tell myself that's it ! Yummy, sexy scent. But later perfume totally changed. Its very very sweet. I love sweet perfumes but not for men and this is too much. I feel only tonka bean & vanilla. But for some it may be just the "right thing ". Personally I prefer fresher perfumes. Sillage with longevity worth for 5 stars.

azizhejji
azizhejji

I'm disappointed , this is awful but very long lasting which makes feel headache all day , thumbs down

neemox2
neemox2

Yet another polarizing scent...while you get positive reviews here on fragrantica, stark dislike is what you get from the most of basenotes. Yes IMHO, this is good as it hints something intriguing about the scent that you best be the judge.

Personally, i enjoy versace eros as it delivers significantly what is expected of men's fragrances. That sweet (almost unexplained) freshness that draws people closer to you with compliments is unarguably a plus for Eros. Moreover, you can't question the longevity and sillage of this scent, which are very much important elements of most successful fragrances. With a max of 3 sprays on my skin, i get passed 12+ hours easily with its presence still very well noticeable.

I would not consider this fragrance to be versatile but you can decide to pull this off anytime provided you enjoy it and do not over apply.

Final and overall verdict: decent scent that gets the job done...simple. A cool 8.5/10.

JustSmellGood
JustSmellGood

A very sweet, soft, and citrusy fragrance. Opens up with a fresh mint note that fades into a creamy vanilla. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a pleasant fragrance nonetheless Projection seems average while longevity is outstanding.

GRADE = C

sme4295
sme4295

received this as a birthday gift and i'm loving it. soft and sweet with the mint and citrus, not too flowery after it dries. lasts all day and never gets overpowering. highly recommend this one

theejohnwaller
theejohnwaller

I once sprayed my gym shirt with this and after I washed and dried the shirt I could still smell it when I sniffed the shirt. No lie.

shahab.zaidi

My wife gifted me this. I really love this. Fresh and sweet. A mellow and relaxing fragrance. Very Italian style . M olready very loyal to versace and Guerlien.

stinkerweed
stinkerweed

Received a small size before purchase of larger size. Smells very much like Carlos Santana. Smooth, powder-like. Stays fresh. Vanilla and spicy on the dry down keep it from becoming annoying. It does have better than average longevity. For the price, I'd opt for Carlos Santana.

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

this frag can be easily a signature scent for the guys who love fresh, sweet, aquatic and aromatic scents. the opening is fresh and aquatic. the drydown is very sweet and aromatic. excellent longevity and sillage. to me I give it
8.5/10

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

I have a sample of this and I am IN LOVE to me it smells very aquatic and lotus-y, and yes I know it's for men, but I believe gender boundaries on fragrance are just silly.

My husband (he of the unusual nose) says it smells like playdough

Manny44

Pleasantly surprised by this. Very pleasant and STRONG, one and a half sprays is enough. Sweet and rich, seductive,lively, extroverted and smile inducing. Nice designer Fragrance with a killer bottle. Eros is a winner in the "get noticed" genre.

Chri76
Chri76

Another fresh and cheap fougere fragrance, like many others on the market ... really nothing new. It reminds me of the smell in the men's locker rooms ...
By a nose as Aurelien Guichard (See Chinatown or Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No 9), I would have expected much more.

P.S.: And what about the advertising? Full of clichés ... the God-man with a flawless body... very far from the idea of manhood ... a "man who is his own master. He is a hero: a man who defends his ideas and goals" ... what a bore!

abj180
abj180

My girlfriend got me this juice for Christmas. Smells amazing. Ladies love it and it last's forever. I rank this right behind the the lady killer YSL La Nuit. Don't listen to the haters. This is a winner for sure.

emilianods75
emilianods75

Love my husband in this! Manly, fresh and seductive!

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Let me start by saying Eros has a nice bottle design, because they usually have gorgeous bottles for women's perfumes and I always complain to my wife about it. Lol.

A lot of people including myself can really detect the synthetic vanilla scent, but I can't deny that it smells good and it gets the job done of making me feel better and happy.
Most people that would smell this cologne on you wouldn't be able to tell that It smells synthetic vanilla. The only thing they'll appreciate is how it smells good.

When you guys decide to try this cologne(or any other cologne). Forget the negative comments you see from other people, because you'll only notice the negative and not the positive when you try to smell this for the first time.

This goes for any other cologne that you want try or buy.
Don't decide that you'll never try/buy a certain cologne, because alot of people have negative reviews.
Let yourself be the FIRST and ONLY judge. If you like it and you think it'll make you happy then buy it.
Never judge colognes based on others experiences(pros and cons).
Try it first, forget the pros and cons that you've read or heard, because everybody has a different taste and different body chemistry which will play a big role on how a cologne will smell on you.

Please don't misinterpret this post as bashing people that left negative reviews on this cologne.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that.
This is just my way of buying/trying cologne and I just want to share it to the Fragrantica community.

I'm not much into male scent or should I say scents marketed for men. Most of them smell very generic, pungent and too sporty, as if men still in 21st century are scared to smell like flowers or amber.
Instead I like ambroxan in male scents. Not natural, but interesting enough.
Eros was my choice when my bf asked me advise for a gift to his cousin aged 25 and not really into perfumes. All the other ones tested in mainstream perfume shop smelled so vile or generic or a mess of notes. This one was better IMO. Not a masterpiece maybe, not for me because I tend to niche, but it was pleasant and out of the crowd. I had to think about the guy, too, so it was somehow risky, but he liked it.
I don't like the bottle and concept, too much of a clichè and too much of typical Versace maximalist style, but the jus inside is not vile as many said.
I like the initial minty impact followed by powdered woods and geranium adds a delicately pungent floral edge in the middle. It's a fragrance made of contrasts, but not a total mess.
It lacks some elegance and refinement, more of a statement, but this is common for Versace. I never thought of this brand as an elegant one.
I quite like Eros. It's also good bang for money because it lasts long on skin.

indieboi
indieboi

While the flacon is beautiful, I'm not a very big fan of the juice it contains. It smells quite synthetic. It reminds me of a stronger smelling Perry Ellis Aqua. I have to say, the projection is very good though.

alexxstylist
alexxstylist

Disgusting synthetic perfume! At first smells like a cheap clone of Chanel allure sport (one of those sold for 3-5 euros in Greek souvenir shops), after 15 minutes dried down to a horrible synthetic vanilla that nearly made me sick. Washed my wrist with a soap, but it still smells, wish it wasn't so long lasting! Please please please don't blind buy it, also don't buy it as a present until make sure that person likes it. 1 of 10 (1 for a gorgeous bottle, otherwise would be 0) Absolute disappointment

kelvinator
kelvinator

I grabbed a bottle of this after a long hiatus from purchasing frags...I use to wear Versace bluejeans as a kid, so I figured why not try another sace...

Well first off, one spray is all you need. Anymore than that becomes cloying and induces a slight nausea in me, its just the sweet is loud in the open. I made the mistake of doing my normal 3 sprays....and i had to wash it off. It was simply ooo loud for me. I am 32 and dont want all that attention.

One spray is doable, and the vanilla note is nice. I dont get any of the woods.

This one wont get much play, I'd rather of bought something more gentlemenly.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

With a name such as Eros I was expecting something warmer, more carnal and masculine than this. I believe THAT was my first mistake, setting my expectations rather high. I know art is left to each person's own interpretation but I definitely did not find this fragrance to join the ranks of the (in)famous Drakkar Noir, Egoiste Platinum, Farenheit, or Anteus which in their heydays, tended to assist in seducing a good bit of people. So when I sampled this scent, my first thought was "Who the hell chose the name for this fragrance in the first place?!?".

Now, before anyone gets their panties in a bunch let me just say that I didn't find this fragrance unpleasant...far from it. I liked the composition of this fresh yet soft scent. I imagine that the creator of this scent had the cherubic cupid in mind while creating it than an adult love god. It has that fresh opening notes which gave me the impression of someone rather frivolous, the apple note then came through which I can see why it would be included "symbolically" yet, further removed my notion of this colonge being something intending to seduce but was still likable, and finally...the drydown...where the woodsy notes begin to form a whisper of maturity but still lacked depth and sophistication. It has a sort of eternal impetuous youth feel to it, imo.

I can see why this fragrance might be popular amongst some of the younger crowd, it is something different and perhaps "bold" to them but given as my nose has experienced many a seductive and exciting fragrance over the decades, this fragrance failed to raise my pulse.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Absolutely LOVE smelling this. So freaking sexy... such a huge turn on. Almost as good as Canali Men. Yum!

sim0nsalas
sim0nsalas

First off, Yes, like others, I thought this scent was obnoxious at first whiff. It smelled like something of a citrus train wreck through a sub-woofer in a library. I dismissed it as a juvenile attempt at getting noticed. "What bad joke has been played on me?"

Then, after the second (possibly third) time that I decided to smell Eros weeks later, my nose started to pick out some interesting twists I had once dismissed. Something started to grab my attention. Maybe it was the fact that I had recently picked up a bottle of Pure Black Mandarina Duck. There was a base similarity that began to unfold with the rich combination of citrus, woods, and Tonka Bean. Yes, it was definitely the Tonka Bean that began to sing in the background something unique, yet not mind blowing in any way. "Maybe I was wrong about you Eros. I didn't get your clever humor when we first met"

So, as I tend to do, I laid a base of MDPB on my pulse points first, then proceeded to give myself a top coat of VE to see what might happen. The result was magical. I completely fell in love with this clever quip that many have spoke irreverent hate for. In fact, there are times I will now wear it alone and evoke a smile that most have not experienced as I've noticed on here by these reviews.

For those that find something funky in Versace Eros, I would have to say it is the Ambroxan. This ingredient is derived from Ambergris. It gives the fragrance an Animalic quality that very few people find pleasurable. I find it to be the ingredient that gives Eros a sophistication that it could not have otherwise.

I'm not sure why people try to give this a score based on Versace Dreamer. Dreamer to me is not, and will not, ever be something that I turn to as my "go to" fragrance. I actually find it more disturbing on my skin than this and always saw it as that odd, but acceptable friend that is always hanging around. Then again, Eros must be related to him for creating so much diverse opinion as you can see below.

Beyond all this jabber I've written, Versace Eros is not bad, it isn't for everyone, nor is it versatile.
A generalized breakdown would be:
Citrus/Mint opening
heavy Tonka Bean middle
dry Cedar base.
This is for the Tonka Bean lovers that want something for a cold day or night that can be worn alone, layered with something, or to just give you a different olfactory perspective once in a while. It is not, by any means, going to be another Aqua Di Gio, PB One Million, YSL L'Homme, Boss Bottled, or Versace Man Eau Fraiche... and thank the Universe for that!

I give this fragrance an adventurous 'Thumbs Up'.

Try it a few times before you buy it.
Not on a blotter!
And definitely not from one of those pre-packed fragrance wipes they give you at the fragrance counter!!!

***Do not BATHE in this please. You will ruin it for yourself and anyone within a proximity. Especially you 'club scent' types. If you have to spray that much perfume to feel good about yourself or to get noticed, I suggest you go home and meditate or read a book. You can not buy interest, but you can become interesting.

Dioguh
Dioguh

I got this one for xtmas and let me tell you.. its delicious :) give it a try

Gazo30
Gazo30

This is a fragrance that if you love it, you really love it, if you hate it, your really gonna hate it!! i personally love it, it just works on me, i get complements every time i wear it. its not something id recommend for a blind buy, definitely try it a few times before you buy though!!

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Not wowed at all by this one. It is not just an issue of a boring perfume, but failed marketing. Instead of images of majesty, classicism, and mythology, Versace should have opted for scenes of a pretentious beach club holiday. I don't think that Greek god Eros would smell like this at all. Hell, I don't even think the bloke in the ad does either.

In any case, Versace continues to put out dismal, synthetic masculines. How far they've fallen since Dreamer.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I had my eye on this before it was released, as I wanted to buy it for the guy I was seeing. I never got around to doing so and my little brother bought himself the gift set and has been drenching himself in it every other day. When he brought home the box I grabbed for it, anxious to see if it smelled as good as it sounded on here and mad he'd gotten to it first...but I must say I was disappointed. It DOES smell synthetic. It doesn't smell...real. It's nice, it's okay...but it smells odd. Chemical, plastic maybe. I don't know. Just nothing found in nature and sort of uncomfortable. Now, whenever my brother wears it I roll my eyes. Both at him, and at myself, for almost falling for the hype. And the commercial is the silliest thing I've ever seen. The end.

kenney77
kenney77

Yummmmmmy

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Ok, apparently my last review of this scent offended Fragrantica, and they deleted it within five minutes. So let me send you a telegram and re-state the obvious: This fragrance does not smell good. Stop. It's cheap, synthetic, and doesn't last long. Stop. Do not buy it. Stop.

Note to Fragrantica: are we censoring candid reviews now? Stop.

seekritdude
seekritdude

A surprising number of bad reviews for this. Bang for your buck, its fantastic. Per spray you get great longevity and projection is generally above average as well. Its also a very good compliment getter as well. That being said it is a snythetic mess of sorts. And theres is a lot going on with this. So theres a lot that can smell funky if you over spray and paticularly on hot days. But when it works its very enjoyable smell. However, note that although I said there is a lot going on in this fragrance. This is one of the few fragrances I own that I do get bored of while I wear it. It is sweet throughout the entire thing. And although it is not sickingly sweet, considering how powerful this is and the longevity on it. Sometimes I just dont want to smell like this for 8 hours or more. That honestly is my main knock on it. I just get bored of smelling the same thing for so long. There really is no nose fatigue with this fragrance that can sometimes pop up with some fragrances I find. For what it smells like, I would say it smells like a better version of allure edition blanche. I dont see that mentioned very often but that is the first thing I thought of when I smelt this. And to this day I still think the same thing. Anyway give this a good try on a non summer day before you give this a bad review because it really gets a bad rap I think.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

don't know exactly how to review this frag after reading all the bad gossip about this, yes maybe it could smells cheap maybe a little too much synthetic but moreless better than many others mainstream males frags i tested recently , i could say it's a very good perfume for young people 18-30 years old ,but definitely not for me

5.5/10

aditya123
aditya123

Absolute cacophony of notes. Too sweet and generic . Had to wash my hands off to get rid of the frat house smell

mgibboni
mgibboni

Oh boy. I will start by saying this: I am VERY new to the fragrance game, having only recently discovered my obsession for the stuff. My current collection is around the 20 mark. For reference, my last few pickups were Encre Noir, L'instant de Guerlain, and CH Men (all of which are amazing frags).

I was at Sephora last month and gave a single spray to my upper forearm. Liked the opening, as the mint/freshness was interesting. About 45 minutes in, Good Lord...every sniff made me want to gag. NO idea why, but the vanilla was mixed with something vile. It was literally the first fragrance I ever felt the need to scrub off my arm. Having said that, I'm simply not experienced enough to tell you why I hated it and I'm well aware it could have been my skin and/or body chemistry. Simply put, try before you buy!

Damingo
Damingo

Just bought Eros today & asked the sales lady to give it a spray on my wrist (1:30pm) before i leave the shop
Current review time is now 6:52pm and the smell is still strong eventhough i,d rinse my hands where the water touches the sprayed area a couple of times.
To me this smells sweet (ice-cream soda ish), powdery and spicy mint and its really comforting.

Update: Just took my evening bath (7:32pm), there is still traces of Eros but very mild & ofcoz close to the skin (duh..) heheh...

Pros: Lasting, probably water/rinse resistant.
Cons: n/a (May not be everyones cup of tea/coffee.)

dda
dda

I am a little disappointed in Versace over this. I think they should start over, go back to their roots and come up with something original. I personally think this is a bad ripoff of Allure Sport Extreme

wonderlife
wonderlife

@stockbreak
True, no one will accuse you of smelling synthetic, not to your face, but they will gossip behind your back about how cheap you smell.

Donatella should chuck this bottle off her yacht the next time she goes island hopping in Greece, and let it sink to the bottom of the Mediterranean where it belongs.

stockbreak
stockbreak

There is so much "stuff" going on about this fragrance. So much bashing!! The truth is it smells nice and is a crowd pleaser for those into sweet frags. People with more "refined noses" many of the people on here and basenotes would say this is sweet, synthetic, etc. However, 95% of the population have no idea what you are wearing, how much you paid for it and if it is niche or not. The girl in the club, or out at the mall is not going to accuse you of smelling synthetic! I promise lol

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

I'm surprised there's so many bad reviews! I tried it in a duty free store and I want to buy it for my boyfriend - he only likes these kinds of very heavy manly scents that usually come in black bottles (lol). The smell stayed on me for hours - like I'd been making out with a man in the airport toilets somewhere haha!

Maybelle
Maybelle

This is like some nightmare from the 1980s. A friend just tried it and, even after he scrubbed it off, we are both still choking.

biovi
biovi

Versace took to many notes from great Zegna Forte but will never bo close to Zegna masterpice.
Versace used to many soap in addition.

amir68
amir68

I tested this 3 times in the cold days. The only thing I could recall is, that it has a harsh and distinct opening which is really nice and alluring but it feels so soapy and generic (reminiscent)at the same time. After one or two hours is gone.

Cw830
Cw830

My interpretation: The opening is unmistakable mint and citrus. After the mint softened a bit, I sensed the geranium, adding a peppery note. The base is rounded with the oakmoss, vetiver, and vanilla that add a somewhat salty feel to the overall scent. The Versace house said the concept for this design is a man-gladiator, but it reminds me of a traveling healer or doctor. My review was based on a paper sample from a magazine, I do not know about the longevity.

I don't care that the ingredients may not be from the Mediterranean. This scent reminds me of how I'd picture Ancient Greece, which has been historically a huge commerce region. Maybe it's not accurate, but I find the crisp, herby scent fitting.

CDGfan

When you see the Ad and the bottle,you think some 80s or 90s styled masculine powerhouse but alas this is a total mirage.

This is a cheaply made composition on the lines of drug store body sprays, as others have mentioned. Its targeted to the 1 million crowd but I feel its better suited for teenage girls.Honestly this could be a Britney Spears fragrance lol.

The scent its self is basically Mint then its all vanilla and some more.

adebisi
adebisi

The fresh opening got lost on my skin. Nose first into vanilla, synthetic vanilla, just vanilla, a lot of vanilla. Really, nothing but vanilla which is a shame because it smelt nice coming from the sample I have and the notes looked good on paper. I guess its a skin chemistry thing, it probably can be a good fragrance on the right skin. Definietly try it and maybe you get lucky.

pjd1234
pjd1234

VERSACE EROS I have been wearing for quit some time now I have a 10ml sample at my disposal okay at first spray its is sweet I don't get the apple here maybe a slight of lemon the mint Tonka bean labdanum takes over makes the middle very sweet the base the vanilla lots of it I can even detect vanilla at the middle notes as well. The base as I said vanilla cedar pretty much sums it all oakmoss its hard to tell vetiver maybe but not like the strong vetiver you would find in lalique encre noire. Overall I find the overall scent not serious it will not blow your mind either its an average scent and it does not smells bad at all in my opinion although I can tolerate its sweetness its like a happy go lucky scent and the first time I tried eros I always imagine or picture sweet tart maybe a lot of people are expecting more out of this scent prior to its release that's why its getting a lot of hate because it did not meet their standards I do agree ill be honest though I wont be getting a full bottle of this pretty soon either I have to stick to my Versace eau fraiche, dreamer, pour homme for now IMO the best from this house so far. Also I don't get the comparison to one million????? both are sweet i know but totally different from one another.

longevity 8-10 hours this is where it shines even longer very good it last 9/10.

sillage projection very good 9/10 hahaha it projects like crazy however people around you will get mixed feelings about its scent.

uniqueness although nothing smells like it its not uniquely mind blowing average scent. 7/10.

overall smell 7/10 not bad not good fair and pretty much average scent its a scent that you will not take as seriously.

price vs quality base on retail of 80 usd overpriced maybe 60-65 for 100ml is reasonable 6/10.

versatility a good all year around scent in my opinion better during cold days could be wearable during summer if it mix well with your chemistry and the amount you spray

piratesia

uuggh. where do people get synthetic. and in what other mens fragrance are they smelling this. I have yet to smell a single cologne that resembles this. to me if it smell like something its deodorant. almost like axe but not as douchey. its a good smell not synthetic and not like one million at all. its a completely different kind of sweet.not like candy. its a manly vanilla. you do not need to be worried about this scent unless you wear way to much. two sprays only. that is all you ever need.

icanh
icanh

First of all can I just say the bottle is gorgeous. The juice though, not so much. I just smell a lot of vanilla all throughout. The drydown also has this synthetic quality to it that I just can't stand. Overall, it's an okay fragrance, but not one for the books.

ronaldo_r9
ronaldo_r9

I got a sample of this and tried it. Versace "Eros" smells really nice. I like it! :)

cytherian
cytherian

I got a sample of this and tried it one day, took a few days break, and tried it again. The verdict? I did NOT like it.

First, it has a rather synthetic quality to the fruity notes.

Second, there's too much of a sweet base that when combined with the synthetic fruitiness ends up smelling like fruity bubble gum from one of those large vintage glass bubble dispensers.

I just couldn't stand to smell it through to find whatever notes might be intertwined in it. I'm with aeterno76 and CDGfan... this was not a pleasing experience for me. Maybe it's my body chemistry... I won't deride others for liking it, only that be sure to sample this before you buy. It may or may not work for you, and not even middle of the road--love or hate.

piratesia

Ive had this for a few days now and based on the reviews others left I was worried. When I first smelled this I was pleasantly surprised to find that I disagree. Eros is unique to me. I'm not picking up on the synthetic smell. When I here synthetic I think chemical smelling but this smells really good. Its a manly kind of sweet that opens with a freshness. It loses that freshness but somehow turns into a type of night time date fresh.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

درود
یه عطر با سه نت کاملا متفاوت
نوت اول بوی شدید نعنا و لیمو ولی نعناش غالبه و زیاده اصلا شیرین نیست روی گردن نزنید نعناش سردرد میاره
نت دوم بعد یه ساعت شروع میشه بوی تونکا میده اساسی اصلا هم خبری از بقیه مواد بکار رفته توش نیست نت دوم پخشش زیاده
و بعد 7 ساعت اینا نت آخر شروع میشه کلا میشه وانیل کاملا شبیه نت آخر پگاسوس مارلی و کلی شیرین میشه
در ضمن اصلا خبری از سدر نیست
ماندگاریش خیلی زیاده و پخش قوی
خوش باشید

chweintr
chweintr

One thing I’ve learned from reading reviews on this site is that I am hopelessly unrefined... I like a lot of mainstream perfumes, I have no problem with synthetic notes and I’ve gagged at the smell of some seriously expensive fragrances. I am to understand that vanilla is overplayed and unfashionable; it is also in at least five of my favorite perfumes. So an endorsement from me probably doesn’t count as much of an endorsement but… I like this fragrance - and here’s why:

The Ambroxan and oakmoss combo makes sort of a bug spray note in the background... Generally, I feel that the only thing bug repellent actually repels is people and I hate that stuff as much as anyone. But it makes sense here. Without it, this perfume would be far too sweet; it gives this fragrance a little edge and, more importantly, does what good fragrances do -- transports—

Reminds me of sleep away camp. Bug spray. Marshmallows. Girls with shampoo in their hair. Sunblock… the ground.

acheron
acheron

This is not exactly a review. I will review it later. But i have to react, because in last few reviews/posts everybody compares it to totaly different parfumes. Which is really interesting. The reason can be that Eros is so Generic parfume that it remind to people literally everything, or it is different and/or unique.
Examples:
These are parfumes that Eros reminds to people in review section:
Axe Dark Temptation, Givenchy Play Intense, Le Male, Paco Rabanne Invictus, Bleu De Chanel, givenchy Pi, hugo boss just different, Curve Kicks for Men, Lacoste - essential, Paco rabane 1 million, black XS, Pi Neo… and other. These are only the first few… :)

I have to tell, that i own half of these named parfumes.
And to me... it reminds me... Versace Eros.

So make your own opinion :)
Smell it, try it, wear it. And you will see.

Billdabong
Billdabong

This smells exactly like Axe Dark Temptation, if you're in high school you know the scent. It's quality, but very generic and sweet.

tried on skin yesterday and it reminds me sooo much of Givenchy Play Intense

Well I'll start my review by stating the obvious...this fragrance is not very imaginative. I was given a sample of this as usual I wear it for bed after showering and it was a pleasant experience. I read the notes on the sample card and thought hmmmm...I'll keep an open mind. I hate mindless comparisons because they are often not very helpful to the reader of the review but straight away the mint and vanilla put me in mind of La Male.
There's a freshness in the top from the citrus though which is nice but the vanilla and tonka bean are always there...maybe it's this combo that draws comparison to Allure homme sport eau extreme which to me is far nicer an less lightweight than this.
What I do get is a modern marine accord which once this dries down a little is all too evident...could be from the Ambroxan/ambergris???
This will be a comparison people won't like...but once you smell past the vanilla and citrus even the mildly woody base...Do you know what I get a touch of?
PACO RABANNE INVICTUS
albeit a much milder, dried down, close to the skin version.
Who's with me on that?
Not that it's a bad thing this fragrance has a lot going for it and as unpopular as it might be to say...I quite like Invictus.
Don't get me wrong they are very different too but yet again for fleeting moment they're similar.

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

I didn't expect much when I blind bought Eros giftset (thanks to the reviews here!) I need an aftershave and the only aftershave left in the store was Eros - Left with no choice; I pick it up

a pleasant surprise - the bottle and packaging is a stunner; but the scent is even more intriguing. Granted it's not something that you would say 'masterpiece' or something similar - but it do smelt good. Eros is a good blend of vanilla and tonka with addition of mint; it would remind you of any sweet scent because it IS sweet, but doesn't mean that any scent smelt like 1 Million.

Eros smelt odd even for sweet fragrance; initially I felt disturbed by Eros scent but lately I found that Eros have moderate to good projection (which mean less offensive for most people) and great longevity (it stays in skin for 8 hours - a record for me!) definitely better than Versace Pour Homme

It left me wonder why people tend to bash Versace (I've seen PH Oud Noir as well) even when they create something that actually 'works'? All in all; a good fragrance if you want something for close-counter fragrance in club, it smelt nice and draws compliment especially in the drydown

joelynnturner
joelynnturner

The best part of this fragrance is the top notes. Very interesting and attractive combination that reminds me of Bleu De Chanel in a less sophisticated way. I thought it might work nicely as an everyday scent. Unfortunately soon that smell turns into 1 Million mainstream type of scent, which disgusts me. On the other hand I understand it - Versace try to grab their own share of the mainstream fragrance market. They try to popularize Eros so badly, that it is everywhere. Let's face it - Versace is not the biggest player on the fragrance market in terms of uniqueness, quality and innovations. They can not compete with Chanel, Guerlain and Dior. They do what exactly is expected for a not leading company - create save fragrances that matches the mass market and try to profit more. The same goes for Calvin Klein, Davidoff and Armani lately. After all profit is everything. We live in the era of save, money-making, mostly boring perfumes.
But it is still very interesting the process of finding a scent that is really worthy, isn't it?

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Eros is a masculine fragrance predominantly scented with vanilla and tonka bean. It is a good fragrance for clubbing and stepping out into the night.

The top notes are interesting, but short lived. When you first apply Eros, you can smell the tanginess and fruitiness of the green apple and the zestiness of the lemon, contrasted by the coolness of the mint. Nice so far. But very quickly, within 15 minutes, these accords are overrun by the stronger vanilla and Tonka bean scents as they make their presence. This combination is so strong, that I cannot smell any of the other scents reported here in Fragrantica, no cedar, no vetiver, no flower notes, nothing else from this point forward. Eros is simply an assault of dry and smoky vanilla and Tonka bean.

Interesting experience for me with Eros was that I found it to be more enjoyable when I kept the number of sprays to 2. Any more and I would find Eros not only suffocating the other notes as I describe above, but also suffocating some people around me, specially if I wore it in tight spaces or during day time in warm or hot weather.

Good for cooler weather. It may be a little stuffy for day time summer use.

markpadilla13
markpadilla13

i wish they would reformulate this one. Love the bottle but the scent not really. Slightly common

devynm
devynm

A sickly sweet vanilla that wont leave my skin.

sharmap14
sharmap14

givenchy Pi + hugo boss just different = versace eros

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

I tried this one on over at Sephora about 2 weeks ago when I went to the mall with a girl I've been seeing. When we got in my car she went on and on about how great I smelled, she asked me what I put on and I told her Versace Eros. The next week I went to pick her up for a date and she surprised me with a 3.4 oz bottle. Every time I wear it I get compliments from girls and guys. It's a great fragrance and definitely a head turner. It has crazy projection and longevity. Great for a night on the town! Versace never disappoints.

EDIT* So that girl and I split it off, and she basically broke into my house to steal this back. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted lol. Can't buy it again, too many bad memories haha.

ED4S
ED4S

I bought this on a whim because of how much I love Versace's fragrances. I liked it well enough. It's a pretty warm, woodsy smell and lasted a really long time. Too bad the girlfriend didn't care for it. Been sitting on the shelf unused ever since.

jcqgreen21
jcqgreen21

It's weird because one of my officemates found this scent feminine while the other one too masculine. I don't know about them but I love this.

killdec
killdec

I had time to burn in town the other morning so I spent it testing the men's big name EDTs, and out of all of them I was immediately struck by the powerful fresh fruity notes of Versace Eros, which drew me into memories of being on holiday, poolside in Sunny Greece.

I hadn't felt that way about a fragrance since I first smelled CK One, and - unlike a lot of the others men's fragrances I tried - the first thing I noticed wasn't the choking bite of alcohol (which I've always found a bit off-putting, even if it's short-lived).

Around Autumn and Winter I especially love being pepped up by sweet fresh scents like some of the Burberries (Weekend comes to mind) and just had to have it, so I got the gorgeous 100ml bottle. I gave my wrist and top a spray and couldn't stop sniffing my arm the rest of the day, watching the smell evolve with tonka bean and flowery geranium into more minty vanilla tones, as it fades the mint lessens and you get more of a hint of wood, almost festive, combined with vanilla it reminds me of toasted marshmallow.

I was surprised by the longevity and sillage, which far exceeded what I'm used to, the following day it was the first thing I smelled, a subtle sweet woody minty aroma, and the top I sprayed still smelled lovely too, so no worries about it going sour.

Sure if you want something extra musky and sharp to smell as masculine as a lumberjack then this isn't for you, but from what I've seen young ladies seem to react very fondly to this sort of fun, fresh comforting scent, and I like it, so it's for me! Overall: 4.5/5

Layzie
Layzie

Eros is a strong, soapy fragrance. There is a slight sweetness to it, as well. I mainly smell tonka and mint on my skin. I'm still ambivalent towards this unremarkable scent, but my female friends describe it as fresh, masculine, and woody.

It's definitely noticeable and really seems to appeal to women. This perfume feels clean and has great longevity. It lasted through the evening and a morning workout the following day!

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: sparkling green apple, and a bit of citrus. Powerful and fresh. Opening last about 5 to 10 minutes. Smells like an aquatic.

Dry down: Does a 180 from fresh aquatic to a semi gourmandish. Tonka bean base, mixed with a mint. Tonka bean is smooth and soothing and the mint is in a light sharp undertone. After a bit longer the vanilla comes out, smells like a "vanilla extract" The three mix well and give a semi sweet aroma.

Longevity: Long lasting at least 10 hours.

Projection: Very high, people have always noticed this.

Overall: I do like this fragrance a lot, I have to admit. It projects well and lasts. Its a unique scent but it does remind me of a way toned down Curve Kicks for Men." if you have smelt that you know what I mean" This smells mainly vanilla with a sharp note of mint that give a sourish vibe. Seems odd to most but works well.

Purchase? TRY love or hate fragrance for most

petershazam
petershazam

Without a doubt a club / prom / fraternity fragrance. Great bottle Bad juice

PerthTH
PerthTH

Wear it and get girls !!!
Girls like it.

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

interesting spicy scent, quite longlasting with good sillage, works good with my skin. Unfortunately the scent is becoming common now.

Legolas

Unusual fragrance for this house..it's fresh and sweet in the same time..i'm not sure if I like the smell or not..it's not bad but .. like the bottle..it is masterpice.. and longevity off this juice is high-9h, projection also high.. 7/10

incantrix
incantrix

When 'the object of my affections' wore Eros on a night out, with the first smell I was hooked. It's such a hypnotising, fresh smell. Even after 20 hours or more, contact fragrance was still there. Although it's a powerful, long lasting cologne it is in no way overpowering or sickly. To be quite frank, Eros melts knicker elastic!!

zararbutt
zararbutt

Visited my fragrance shop namely SCENTSATION at Lahore Pakistan, got a sample on paper strip. Immediately it reminded me 1 million with an addition of mint. Waited a day to check the longevity and here i am now.

I will not confuse you guys by going in brief that what note at what time and how long, straight coming to the point "I liked it". I cant explain why but i liked this cologne. To me this is like a layer of cartier roadster over 1 Million, but guys this merger has outcome in a very good way for me. Neverthless very strong and surely a Fall / Winter fragrance. I will buy this for sure.

Addendum...

I noticed the amount of dislikes for this frag and I was in that group when I first smelled it right out of the bottle. A friend of mine said he hated this cologne. A week later he was asking me what I was wearing and when he could get some. I applaud all of you out there who have the patience to test a scent before dismissing it on you first impression.

Bluedude02

As many people have stated, Eros is not a new or very original fragrance. With that being said, IT SMELL GREAT. I am like many in the frag community that has multiple scents for different occasions and such. For those of us who would choose to were only a few scents, this could definitely cover a few different occasions where you want project and longevity.

The scent of this frag to me is creamy yet tart. I guess the best way to describe it is if you had a tangerine dipped in chocolate fondue, but not just any chocolate. I mean that Andes mint type chocolate. Then you would have to drizzle vanilla cream icing over it. Although my description would leave you to think that it is overly gourmand, the cedar and oak moss help the scent take on a warm creamy vibe that tempers the sweetness and enhances the mint note without giving you the mojito vibe.

I would not wear this scent for a super special occasion, but for a night out to a bar or club it works great. It is received well by many people in these environments. Lastly, Eros is a frag for the masses and will garner a love hate reaction from many. I would suggest you try and come up with you own decision lest you end up in the crowd that follows every trend, or you become one of those people who thinks that if it's popular then it's garbage.

Value-8/10 (I got a gift set for $72 tax included at a retail store.)
Scent-7/10 (Not really special but it smells good)
Longevity-9/10 (I got about 10 hours on my skin and it was still projecting after 7 hours)
Projection-9/10 (I get about a nice 3 foot bubble of consistent projection, the scent trail leaves after about hour 4 but the projection last.)

Overall-8.25/10 good fragrance

waleed2006
waleed2006

very very nice very special and unique nothing smells like versace eros i love it

AurusAllenus
AurusAllenus

On my skin, this smells like black XS with mint.

Sarteart
Sarteart

In an era after 1 Million popularity sweet scents are given a bit unfair look I think. Same thing happened before with other types of fragrances as it is well known(adg for example).It is just how it is and Eros being sweet vanilla leading note cologne will have to bear the stigma but despite that I would want to point out that while Versace`s latest creation is not something spectacular ,it is not in fact as terrible as some would claim it to be. It gives slightly synthetic vibe though ,no denying that. I do not know why but I just felt like it deserved to be defended a bit from all that bashing a.k.a. post 1 million syndrome.

Keith51679
Keith51679

Smells like a cross between 1 Million and Bleu De Chanel in my humble opinion. I have a tester bottle.

mcowan
mcowan

Great cologne. The scent comes out strong and stays strong the entire day you have it on. Women give me the most compliments when I wear this out of all of my colognes. It is a very sweet scent and a great addition to any collection.

rsthlm
rsthlm

People simply get in love with me.. so it means that I am smelling more than good. Long-lasting and sophisticated scent. I see JACKPOT in my eyes

murysusanto
murysusanto

Have a sniff at Joop Splash, you'll see the similarity. Both are good, yes it's lasting, due to the composition.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

When I first bought this, I only 'liked' it. I thought (and still do to some degree) that it has some trigger that women particularly like because every (I mean Every) female I know that's smelt this scent loves it. One woman said they smelt 'baby powder'... Go figure.

I really like this fragrance (not love)... I'll wear EROS for a 'change', and more for other people that i know love it, but when it's only for me, I don't reach for this one... I'll go for something darker or fresher.... still, I like/respect EROS very much :)

A very creamy, sophisticated scent... Well done Versace.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: great
LONGEVITY: excellent
SCENT: good
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 8/10
---------------------------------------------

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Eros is not groundbreaking, but the Versace maintains quality in their perfumes.
An explosion green citrus until mentholated and soon in seconds accompanies the fruity touch of apple.
It seems that Apple prepares to enter the heart of the tonka bean, which is the predominant note throughout the drying process creates a lightweight look smoky and sweet, semi synthetic rubber and also amber colored, almost vanillic which is the characteristic of this spice and brings me that sweet candy apple. I feel something slightly floral together.
Drying the base displays a vanilla drier, less creamy, but as yet the fava dictates the game, then touches woody cedar and vetiver, but very light. Very good fragrance, has something of Le Male, 1 Million and Pi Neo.

Bunino
Bunino

Why does such a cool bottle have to have such a generic, tiring scent inside? Gianni, please stop turning in your grave!

Aegis

Its funny how people are blind, and keep erasing the Fuel for life comparison, which for much of us is fairly accurate.

Aegis

The bottle looks just amazing for collectors, just very well designed.

About the perfume, start with a mess in the first 15 minutes, then settles in what is for me a Minty spicy Diesel Fule for life without the anise part, its juicy and bubblegummy.

I think Fuel for life is better than this, and is definitely amied at the younger crowd, like ages up to-25.

Its not a new concept do originality is not there.

Sillage: Moderate
Longevity: 10-12 hours but 1-2 hours of sillage only.
Scent: not bad, not impressive either.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

I've tried Eros a few times now, and I like it. I have sprayed one squirt onto my wrist when in a few shops, and have walked out thinking it starts a little sharp, kind of abrupt in its impact. You are struck (or should that be assaulted?) by mint, and yes, the synthetic element does come to mind. However I found after about 5 minutes the scent settled nicely, and warmed, allowing the mint to subside, and give way to the tonka etc. But, the real pleasing aspect comes in the dry-down. On me it smells creamy and smooth, with a hint of a bubble gum like scent, and vanilla. Now these elements are not what I would deliberately seek in a cologne, but I do like the end result of Eros. Yes, it has monstrous longevity ( I think up to 16 hours!) and yes, I can understand comparisons to One Million, but to me, One Million has a cloying element that is thankfully missing from Eros.
Great bottle - love the colour and simplistic design. Strangely have never seen the top, but it looks great in the ads.
Would I buy this? Well it is a bit pricey,and a little 'safe' in regards to what it actually delivers, but yes, I would. I want to see what that top looks like after all...

b360
b360

this one to me smells like polo sport combined with diesel fuel for life...with a hint of mint in the end..i do like the result....wore off n on during summer time but i think its more of a cold weather fragrance...stays strong like fuel for life too......very similar.....cotton candy too! cool bottle design also

LuisHou
LuisHou

I must admit that at first I hated it because of the loud opening but I loved the drydown. I bought it and it grew on me, now it's my daily to-go scent and it kind of reminds me of christmas because it smells like sweet candy and I love anything xmas related. (Altho I think this scent is suitable for Summer also because lf its freshness).

It starts out very lemony-minty-fruity then it turns into a fresh fruity vanilla, I must say that I get some rosy nuances from the geranium at this stage, then at final stage I get vanilla and a little woody undertone.

Longevity is good, I get 8-10 hours and sillage is very powerful the first 2-4 hours then it mellows down and after 2 more hours it stays really close to skin.

Suitable for every season in my opinion, but I will mostly use it for summer and winter.

Oh, and I love the bottle and its color, so it's a plus for me!

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

I reviewed this earlier, but I want to add a small point. Most people (including myself) are bad to spray a fragrance on an arm, etc. and bury our noses in it, and sniff as hard as we can. But that point blank sniff is not what others around you are smelling. They are getting small whiffs (hopefully).

Eros is potent. If you take a big up close sniff, it's going to sting your nose for the first few hours. I agree that it can be harsh but i don't knock Eros for this. The smell that others get is a vanilla and citrus blend that's awesome and distinct.

The few times I've worn it I've gotten compliments. Nobody has complained that I smell cheap or synthetic. Maybe it's like a ridiculous shirt - if you know how to wear it, you can make it work. I love having Eros in my collection.

ltj559
ltj559

Overall a very good scent. Nothing absolutely groundbreaking, but a great mix of aquatic scent and vanilla that is really pleasant. Slightly reminiscent of One-Million, if it were a bit more toned down and mature. Also means that its a bit more versatile, and can be worn in more situations than nightclubs. At the end of the day I really like it and am really happy I bought it.

anna.dkr5

I've smelled this again on a paper strip. I actually really liked the opening... it smelled a bit like sweet citrus mixed with mint. Not sure about the drydown, but I'm going to test it again. It might be nothing new, or special, but I find it rather pleasant.

bizz1001
bizz1001

Well what can I say about a fragrance named after greek god of love except he is not getting loved by anyone.. Maybe it's a price to pay for trying to be adored by everyone.. But I myself like it quite a bit and then again maybe I'm exception that proves the rule??

AntonisZ
AntonisZ

I tested Eros at Milano's Airport shopping area and I was shocked from its overwhelmingly sweet first burst. I tried to sniff my wrist after half an hour but the sickening sweet stink was still there! I must say it didn't lack longevity, although I wish it did!

What an unpleasant surprise from Versace.
How could a brand that created such sophisticated fragrances such as the Dreamer and Versace Pour Homme, bring to the perfume market such a low quality product?

Don't get fooled by the brand name and blind buy that product, or you are set for a big disappointment. You must try it before you decide to buy it!

Again: Do NOT blind-buy that perfume!!!

My overall rating: 3/10.

dad hash
dad hash

Blind bought today online and crying ....A very C class version of 1 Million's Dry Down, very cheaply sweet, smells like toilette cleaner gels from P & G...Notes are badly messed up in each other.. Not my type and never will be..This is really pathetic...

Longevity = 6
Projection= 3
Scent = may be 2 as i am genres
Season to wear = never
Buy, try or Pass = Do not even think about it..

Still if somebody wants it can email me got a 3.4oz. tester....

jpbill
jpbill

very cheap smell and typical versace. a little bit like a drugstore fragrance. not my taste. sorry

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I don't understand all the hate for Eros here. Yes, we expect so much from Versace because of their previous masterpieces. To me, Eros is not ground breaking, but it does smell really nice and lasts on my skin 8+ plus hours and great packaging too. I'm happy to have it in my rotation.

ashishkanungo
ashishkanungo

Its clear from all those reviews...its not a conventional fragnance, you either love it or hate it ! I personally love Eros,fresh & spicy. it lasts tremendously and good projection as well. the Bottomline: Versace Eros - Bow down to Thee.

cozmin sebastian.iurian
cozmin sebastian.iurian

It's absolutely fabulous!

Idlehands
Idlehands

This smells cheap and dated. pass.

actually I'm surprised by all of these negative reviews and the funny point is that it's exactly in the opposite point of this perfume's philosophy;
Eros:God of desire and attraction!this perfume should work like a provocation elixir that would overcome almost every woman's defence! I can hardly find anyone accepting this concept about this perfume.
by the way,to my nose it's not as bad as it's described here. as a fan of fouger perfumes,I can't say it's my favorite,but it's ok to my nose.it's a little too soapy,but I like it's freshness.I think it's straggling between being of mature nature and attracting younger audiences.it's neither,but it trys(only trys) to satisfy both categories.
after all,the long lasting power's great and I like the bottle;it's very versace.

ezarc
ezarc

I got 2 x 5ml sample spray bottles today and I'm glad I didn't pay anything for them.

I can smell mint and lemon, kind of reminds me of bars of cheap aromatic soap.

Michael1962
Michael1962

its taken 6 months for this to reach Australia.Versace shouldnt really have bothered.Extremely synthetic and no distinguishing notes IMO with a gaudy bottle to match.I sprayed this and Polo Red on opposing wrists and they smelt very similar,both synthetic and not worth the money.Thank goodness for niche perfumes like Tom Ford,Creed,Dior Couture,Lutens,Frederic Malle and Bond No.9

bay224
bay224

This stuff stinks. I had it a while back, women really dislike it as well. I was told to send this stuff back. That's exactly what i did.

ImGame

Looks good sounds good smells like a expletive four letter word rhyming with hit.

supernaan
supernaan

Absolutely putrid smell. You'll be shocked how closely the scent of this Versace fragrance resembles the very old Drakkar Noir which also is putrid. Vomit inducing scents. The only thing different about Versace is that it's TRYING to be a modern rendition of Drakkar Noir with emphasis on citrus and minty notes but to me you still get a sickening Drakkar Noir vibe. Just disgusting.

petranfx

a signature scent for all seasons

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

I smelt this on a card today… it reminded me of Lynx Anarchy for Him, but in a good way :)

stjoseph777

Wow just look at all the review this fragrance got. I love it and it has gotten me lots of compliment. Its beast mode. What I don't get is why are we comparing it to Roadster. Some people like vanilla others like mint. This one is up there with 1 million and Amen as far as compliment projection and longevity. I hate spending $80 and up and getting 5-6 hrs. Now that disappoints me.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

Sorry for another negative review but this smells bad to me. Cheaply made, chemical, unbalanced and cloying.
I sampled this twice on blotter and once on my skin, finally giving up on it. I can't see how this is a decent gourmand or fruity. Honestly I'd rather it had more of vanilla, mint and cedarwood in it. Almost all I could smell was the dreadful all-permeating coumarin, cancelling out every other note.
Such a pity for the lame juice. The bottle and packaging are really beautiful.

Deetron

Smyle12 – these two fragrances don’t have anything common. Both are excellent.
Eros is a club scent, it has more power and it is a thicker scent, seductive, sweeter and a bold one. Roadster is more professional, more formal, elegant, sophisticated and mature.
Both have great power, great longevity and silage. You’d better ask your self – what type of man you want to be – playboy or smart grown man? Both are great…it’s up to you :)

Dad jax
Dad jax

projection and longevity sucks big time

gunnaz562
gunnaz562

Not worth the money...Cool Water would be a better choice honestly. Extremely weak longevity and sillage but it is a great scent Ill admit. I expected more from this :(

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

As a woman this smells amazing its fresh with a slight sweetness and warmth to it but there should be a female version to it.

Ivano
Ivano

It is the most powerful cologne that I've used so far. Awesome longevity and extreme projection. The smell is very nice, continues the One Million trend but with a twist, similar to Davidoff The Game for example.

xbcraig
xbcraig

Fresh and clean. This is good stuff. So glad I purchased. Some relate it to 1 Million. I don't see it.(?)

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

I don't care if it's Eros Ramazzotti's juice inside that bottle. You got to have this for display in the collection! That turquoise glass. That antique maze. That golden writing. Oh man, just look at it. I just want to squeeze inside that nozzle and bathe to a love song compilation.

But...this release from Versache must've totally flopped. I went into a classy perfume store and got overwhelmed by a tsunami of Eros bottles and deo sticks. A sales women was on her knees begging like a gypsy to have your subway change. She was wearing a thin white robe and shouted "special half price for you mister". I could not do anything but to oblige this poor sexy woman.

The smell? Filthy. Filthy good.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Lovely sweet, creamy, vanilla/mint opening. Alas, after half an hour it smells of chalk and synthetic notes. Nice try, but not quite there. I love the bottle though.

attajigar
attajigar

یه بوی بد اصلا عطر خوبی نیست وانیل با میخک قاطی شده یه بوی گرم و یه بوی سرد کنار هم به نطر من اصلا جالب نیست از نظر من

Ziad81
Ziad81

After applied both on each hand and let them cool down, I discovered that Versace Erso and Armani Diamonds shares a lot of characteristics! matter of fact Diamonds out classed Erso in projection factor at least on my skin.

Just another candy store scent !!

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

the moment i got this cologne i was in love with it. i mean, it had a cool looking bottle and a good scent on the testing paper. then when i started to where it more i found that some of that love had faded. this is a very strong scent and perhaps the best thing about it is that it will last you all day.

the scent starts off with an odd minty lemon smell and soon transitions to the smell of strong vanilla, and i mean strong. too much of this cologne and you are bound to offend someones elses nose if not your own.i dont smell anythng but vanilla for the rest of the time. the other ingredients that im supposed to smell might well have been dragged behind a shed and beat with the giant bottle by the guy in the ad, you know the one, the one who has a four foot torso alone.

would i buy this again? not for the price. its simpky too much for me. 3.5 stars from me

Eros is classy, like from the 70 ties, green, aromatic, interesting, I think it smells good, but I don't think all the guys out there would love it.,it is a bit different,, more subtle, I like it, but I wouldn't run out to buy it really.
I don't get the creamy vibe at all, neither is it sweet really...just a classy aromatic cologne .

smaran.kapoor
smaran.kapoor

Those who say it smells bad,get your nose checked.To me it gives a very creamy vibe.Tonka Bean and Vanilla mix with other notes so flawlessly that I cannot separate the individual notes. I can see a lady falling for this one because this will make her crave you.Definitely, a panty dropper.
Smell-10
Longevity-8.5
Sillage-9
It will be best suited for somewhat colder climate,but it can also be used in summers.For cool summer nights , it is the best.

Edit- I can see a woman also wearing this scent , it is kinda unisex but in a good way.Kinda metrosexual.

The Christmas Kid
The Christmas Kid

I just came back from the store from trying this... maybe it's because I didn't wear it and give it time but my initial impression was absolutely NO. It was metallic and chemically, nothing special about this cologne even if you enjoy the after sense. It's a shame such a powerful and luxurious bottle is filled with that liquid.

Just to throw in my preference so you can cross reference what i do like: I liked Hugo Boss dark blue, Guess Seductive, chanel allure (the original more than the soft sport), Polo Red, and Gucci Intense.

Reloaded
Reloaded

I saw this fragrance once at a perfume shop and sprayed some on a paper tester. The smell is nice and I'm looking forward to buying one. I just hope the longevity and projection are good.

yacoco
yacoco

i love it just superstar easy to wear
not to sweet and well balanced and verstaile and easy to love

juanma
juanma

Probé esta fragancia y tengo que decir que huele interesante aunque no sorprendente en mi opinión. Hay algo "común" en ella, como algo que ya olí antes, igualmente tiene sus puntos a favor inclusive algo adictivos y esos momentos puntuales son las primeras notas frutales entre cítricas y dulces tipo piña mezclada con manzana (la manzana no es tan explícita) como señala la descripción. Luego las notas de tonka y vainilla que hacen que la fragancia no se sienta tan mediterránea y entregue ese efecto tipo biscochos o torta mojada con algún licor dulce. Es precisamente en la etapa de la vainilla donde sentí un ligero parecido con la vainilla de Le Male de JPG. Las maderas se sienten algo dulces lo que hace que todo el conjunto de notas huela fresco, aromático, sutilmente dulce (no empalagoso), llamativo, algo estridente y para usarlo en cualquier época del año. Lo recomiendo para el público relativamente joven. Sigo prefiriendo eau fraiche de Versace. La longevidad y proyección son impresionantes.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this fragrance about 2 weeks ago. This morning I wore it to work. I don't know if it's my nose but I smell cloves and vanilla. I really don't smell the mint or tonka bean in this. It does smell fresh and clean though.

iancasanova
iancasanova

i hate the opening coz it smells so generic & ordinary" but the drydown? jesus! i love the drydown! its sweet but not overly sweet & it performs how a fragrance should perform" it projects well, it last for a long time! but it takes an hour or 2 to take you to its beautiful drydown:-( i cant wait for that long,, i love the bottle design, its a genius design"

moh.saleh
moh.saleh

very nice fragrance. suitable for summer day time. Opining is so fresh with Lemon and mint then it turns to something so close to 1 million. It lasts on my arm around 4 to 5 hours and stays up to 12 hours on my cloths. Sillage and projections are good during first two hours. I wore it at work and at gym.

The bottle design is great however the atomizer is very poor.

scottdickson
scottdickson

This perfume is going to be my next purchase. It smells syrupy, in a freshly baked pie kind of way, but it also is minty and fresh. It is the kind of perfume that well dressed gentlemen would wear, not for the denim-and-plaid-shirt kind of guy. It is also the kind of perfume where you don't have to guess how you feel about it, you immediately just say "Oh wow, that's good!". This perfume is concentrated and strong but not offensive. It definitely catches (demands, almost) attention and stirs the senses! This perfume is not subtle at all. I imagine this perfume to be worn by stylish guys can handle socializing. Perfect longevity. Wear this during the day, take a hot shower in the evening and you can smell the aroma rise from your chest.

eldahukfrancisco
eldahukfrancisco

I smelled this perfume recently, i can't say is smells bad, but what drives me nuts is that is very sweet, similar to very common fragrances such as "1 Million" or "Halloween" for men.... NOTHING special >:( what's going on with creativity nowadays?? everybody will end up smelling the same.

Dirk
Dirk

I Bought this scent at the second time trying.
The first time i tried it i sprayed it on 1 wrist and on the other wrist i had something else.
I can't remember which perfume that was, but this "Versace Eros" one is really memorable.
I was drinking a coffee in a cafe restaurant after visiting the perfumery, and this perfume was really there, i did not smell the other perfume.
Because this one is really dominating, It will fill the room.
But i was not sure yet, because i also was thinking it is kinda smelling simple and does not change too much.
But well i tried another time, and i thought it actually is a Beast of an Eau de Toilette, it has a monster sillage
When i walked out the store after 15 minutes when i sprayed it, it was projecting like crazy in the street.
Im sure alot peope did smell it, i am not sure yet about how people like this, i didn't really look for that.
What i do get in this perfume in the start is citrusy start, and i directly detect the tonka bean as well.
then to the middle i really get much tonka bean and a bit of the geranium and ambroxan, while the vanilla is also pretty much coming through.
Going to the base i still get much of the tonka bean with vanilla supported by the warmth of the wood.
I really get a bit of the same idea as "Armani Code Ultimate" alot of tonka bean
As i told this is a Beast in projection and longevity.
I think it can outperform the new "Le Male" formulation, which doesn't seem to last anymore like the old formulation, which was a beast!
It also unfortunately seems to sell like hot cakes.
When i bought it i saw only one bottle of 100 ml and 1 of 30 ml was left, i took that 100 ml bottle.
So, i hope not everyone and their grandmom is going to wear it.
But this seems to start being the new "Le Male" or The new "One Million"
like others mentioned.

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

Very very good fragrance. Smelled it two days ago, bought it right away on yesterday afternoon.

After a few hours of wearing it, it reminded me of something... And then it hit me: Mandarin Duck Pure Black (or Black). It's a very similar smell, but Versace's Eros is way more powerful in terms of sillage and longevity.

It's very sweet, but I don't think 1 Million sweet. This thing can be worn all year round, just go easy with the trigger and it won't be cloying.

Greetings from Chile!

sensitivenose
sensitivenose

I like the first 5 minutes. From there its down hill. Smells like old animale.

I tested two sprays on my hand. Went swimming for 3 hours, jogged and showered. 6 hours later I still smell cupcakes. If you want to smell like a cupcake with vanilla this is your best bet. Very cloying. Vomit.

beavisbonce

it's basically Rochas man with weirdness like pineapple. Rochas man is far nicer and a third of the price.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

i too dont understand the -ve comments....but i guess to each his own...

i love this fragrance....last longer on my skin....
i love to put a spray on my shoulder before i go sleep too (dunno if thats weird)
very soothing perfume...relaxing

89ers
89ers

I am really surprised at the negative reviews. It really reminds people of the bad things about 1 Million? I just find it rather ironic since I previously just voiced my own criticism of it.

I love Eros, it broke me out of my oriental/spicy comfort zone that seemed impossible to break. Is it synthetic? Yes. Can you use too much of it? Also a yes, but I find it harder to be cloying with it than 1 Million. It's got great sillage and longevity (can still faintly detect it on my wrists the next morning), but it's not nearly as loud as the former. I also find it to be more versatile, as it's a good daytime cologne as well, I wear it at the office too as it's not offensive. Then again, I'm a mid 20s entry level employee who's not in the boardroom so perhaps that factors in.

It starts off with a nice mixture of mintiness, citrusy lemon like cool lemonade, followed by the sweet notes of crisp green apple. Very clean, and gives off the feeling of being on the Mediterranean like Nice or Marseilles. Pop culturally I think of the famous scenes of Casino Royale with James Bond and Vesper Lynd in Venice. After the opening notes the apple and lemon gives way to Tonka beans and vanilla, more softer scents that still are masculine and give it some refinement.

I recognize that Eros isn't a niche, or a revolutionary cologne in the way that Pi was. However I still find it wonderful in terms of mass market, the bottle was designed well for what it's worth. At the very least I have expanded my horizons, and gained a nice summer scent that women seem to enjoy as well.

This fragrance seems to be quite disliked. I don't see why as it smells like a million other male tonka/vanilla/ambroxan concoctions that are well loved.
Is Ambroxan the new Calone?
There isn't much to love about Eros, but there is even less to hate.

tna11
tna11

this smell similar to lynx attract body spray gd stuff

antoneux
antoneux

Sampled this at Macy's tonight and I'm pleasantly surprised. At first I didn't care much for the citrus and mint opening. I just stuffed the sample square in my shirt pocket and forgot about it. Hours later now I am smelling the sample square and it's rather lovely. I might have to get a sample to try to see how it works with my body chemistry. Eeep! :D

Ichariot
Ichariot

I somehow always lean towards testing Versaces when I pass by a scent-shop (maybe because I adore Dreamer). I sampled this one today, along with Burberry London and Guerlain Homme.

I got to say out of those 3 I liked this one the least (but of course it's a matter of an opinion and preference). Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with Eros and I think the scent itself is very pleasant, but it does sort of lack an edge or character. I myself prefer parfumes that somehow make a statement, like "take it or leave it" "hate it or love it", but maybe that's because I'm not a conformist and I rarely linger on the gray area. the only statement this scent gave to me was "yeah, it's nice but I still like these other 2 better".

I ended up buying the Guerlain. (Which is not a super bold scent either I know, but it gave a nice contrast to my scent collection)

dozza14
dozza14

I think the mixture of lemon/lime mixed with vanilla confuses me a little. However without doubt this is the smell of 2013! Might not be the best of 2013 but it is the one that stands out as a symbol of this time. I always get compliments when wearing it, so all good.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Eros is a perfume that starts lovely... Citruss and green apple!! Amazing... but... What's the common note between Eros, One million, vip sexy man and only the brave tattoo?

Each one is different from the other but it seems that all of them contains that lingering note that tends to outlast all other notes and just sit there for hours on the skin till the point it gets annoying!

I like the scent but for that reason I'm not going to buy it!

dmirror
dmirror

This scent is just too too sweet it kind of reminds me of childrens cherry cough syrup it's not for grown men at least not me it's a little too girly only grown up guys I can imagine wearing this is high fashion guys that's kind of sweet it's not for manly men but it ain't horrible it's versace it was meant to be worn by sweet dudes

xanthus_69
xanthus_69

Bought this yesterday after testing it two days prior......this 2013 scent smells divine but not overpowering.....it's effect on me is like Bleu de Chanel toned down......they have similar bottle shape too, and both last very long on me......one of my best buys....easily becomes one of my favourites along with Bleu de Chanel, A*Men and Azzaro Chrome Legend......highly recommended.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A soft yet strong candy-vanilla powerhouse, which projects and lasts like crazy and perhaps should have been an intense...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 45 Mins- 2 inch projection - this frag takes a little time to lift off

45 mins - 5.5 hours. Boom! 1.75 foot projection which has 3-5 foot sillage trails - no joke. What projects is a young, modern day moorish candy-vanilla frag, withthe mint very dominant and sometimes sweet - ages of projected scent is 18-28, however the smell on the skin is much more mature and harsh and smells like rice wine, not nice IMHO, ages 48-68

5.5 hours - 8 hours - 10 inch projection- the projection is soft and alluring though some may think a little basic and amazingly the early mature harsh smell on the skin has "candified" and now is the same as the projecting scent...

8 hours - 14 hours - 4 inch projection

14 hours - 18 hours. Next day I awoke and I was still projecting 2 inches of bubble gum vanilla under the bed sheets - Wow!

Lovers of niche may not like this too much

This is 70% the same as AXE/Lynx Attract for Him Deodorant with the 30% difference being that this frag has a candy slant. Sometimes when wearing this I am reminded of Cartier Roadstar

Many men now want awesome longevity projection but that does not necessarily mean that the scent has to be in your face, this frag delivers Pure Parfum strength in an EDT bottle

Very good

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

huele parecido a mandarina duck black pure, huele parecido pero bastante mas dulce, si te gustan los dulces compralo.

eravi
eravi

I tried this fragrance thanks to a tester I had at home.
When I sprayed it, I smelled the very noticeable fragrance of vanilla, strengthened by a lemon aroma.
Then the lemon scent faded out and the vanilla became the protagonist and with the passing of time, it was sustained by a tonka bean aroma.
The perfumes continues to smell the same way for hours.
It is so warm and welcoming. It seems to protect yourself.
Very elegant and classy, I recommend it to people who like sweet vanilla based scents.

Behnisch
Behnisch

So classy! So perfect! This is by far my favorite fragrance, this one and Armani Code. This is an incarnation of a classy man who knows what his place on earth is. I'm really looking forward to get one.

iranperfumer

زیبا مدرن اما بدون مقایسه با مدل قبل که از دید من بسیار بهتر بود رایحه خوبی دارد خاطرات خوشی را دارد که میتوان از بوی مرکبات لذت برد ودر آخر از بوئیدن درختان خاطره کوتاهی بجا بگذارد

redman24
redman24

Have been testing this for almost a week now and i find that the longevity and projection isn't good on me. it strikes me as being more of a night scent, during which it seems to be more noticeable, i live in the Caribbean where the days are hot and nights are humid at best, unless you're using an air conditioner, so maybe this scent is being taxed alot but besides those issues a good scent not great seems a little familiar,not standoutish.my states are mote in the line of jpg lemale, burberry touch, joop homme, vera Wang, armani code, one million etc so it tells the tale that i basically like scents with some degree of presence and all of these have done well for me in my climate so for me eros hasn't made the grade

burgundyaltima

smells very similar to Givenchy Play Intense OR le male dry down... delicious unisex cologne..perfect for cuddling ; ) .. i can see this going BEASTMODE during the colder months..def TRY!

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

An aquatic woody scent. Wouldn't exactly call it fresh like what it claims to be. Definitely smelling the tonka, vanilla, some oakmoss and cedar.
Seems like a sweeter, upmarket version of Davidoff's coolwater (in the beginning).

I'm neutral towards this. Wouldn't make me fawn over a guy wearing this, won't turn me on, won't make me crazy(i.e not a "panty-dropper" frag). Maybe it'd smell nicer in colder, drier climates.

Enormous sillage, good longevity, just like many Italian fragrances.

ME08
ME08

Eros is good juice not fantastic but worth a buy for a fragrance collector.

longevity and silage is awesome

pjd2569
pjd2569

Bought this today cause of the Longevity. The smell is exactly how everyone is describing it, though i enjoy it. It oddly reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme II which i don't think anyone mentioned, and that was actually one of my top colognes (my problem with it being the longevity) Eros is not to complex, easy for everyone to enjoy but has that little spark in it making it slightly different from everything else out there. I agree its not for the fancier or more developed nose, but if you like these types of notes, then its a great one to invest in.
Again longevity is amazing on this cologne, just make sure you enjoy the type of fragrance prior to purchasing.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Appauling. Do not buy this horrid piece of crap, that smells like rotten chocolate. Yeah, imagine if that was possible. Didn't expect this.

Seriously Urs
Seriously Urs

Hands down I love this cologne. Eros is strong enough for women to love its unique naturally distinct mixture of strong yet subtle character... Men may like it but women love it!! I where it and get complimented by woman all day! And when I'm up close and personal with a woman she's drawn in by the smell and always asks me what I'm wearing. Needless to say she's impressed when I say "Versace."

This is a Colonge for people with the image and confidence to wear it. You MUST have the attitude that goes along with this signature smell. I'm already low on my first bottle... I seriously hope they don't discontinue this product anytime soon, the way Armani stopped Attitude, which was another Cologne I thoroughly enjoyed wearing.

So go get a little bottle of Eros... Take a shower, pick out some nice and spray Eros on your body then a little on your clothes for best results. I sometimes mix it with CK body spray for my own individual spin. Enjoy!!!!!

stjoseph777

Beast mode I get over 12hrs. Love this fragrance. I garentee give out a year let it grow on people and Eros is going to take off. 2 sprays and your set!!!! Love it.

justinxbailey
justinxbailey

I get a cotton candy/vanilla sweet scent, it's very long lasting.. I was getting around 10 hours longevity... typically I'd categorize Versace Eros as a scent for clubbing/nights out like a Paco Rabanne One Million. I'm still on the fence with this one though, I have to try it a few more times because at first I wasn't feeling it. I'd also say be careful on the trigger too. It can get a sickly sweet scent from overspray...

RE-Review

I have been wearing this for about a week and it is definitely something special. It opens up with this sweet Rootbeer/Grapefruit soda smell. Right after it hits your skin it smells so fresh and minty. It almost reminds me of a sweet sparkling Mojito, Sour and Citrusy, Minty as well. The apple note might be there but it is not prominent as I look for Sweet Apple and I think this is supposed to be a tart Apple.
This goes on for a good 30 minutes, and then it warms up to a beautiful Vanilla with some Spices. This goes on for a LONG time and this is where I think it kinda smells like Le Male as the Mint still plays in the background.
At the end all I get is the Ambroxan and the woods and it smells amazing still. I was getting my hair cut the other day and the lady asked me what I was wearing after I had sprayed it 8 hrs before. This gets you alot of compliments too from both men and women! This is a great scent for all kinds of men, especially the romantic playful kind of guys, those who don't take things way to seriously. EROS is Sexy, Fresh, Masculine, Erotic = Great for a night out.
The bottle, with it's ocean blue color gives a sense of Freshness and Masculinity, and the gold gives it the staple Versace vibe fit for princes. Love this scent. The BODY WASH and AFTER SHAVE smell similar to the EDT but accentuate more the Fresh notes of Mint and Lemon, even thought it smells more like Lime to me. Beautiful Blue and Gold presentation as well.

Projection: 3-5 hours
Sillage: 8 feet (apprx)
Longevity: 12 hours

MexiKen09

I am not sure right now. I just got around to spraying this on and I am not sure if I like it. I opened the box with the Body Wash and After Shave and it smelled delicious, like green notes and fresh lemon, with a bit of sweet. I sprayed and it smells completely different. I was expecting more sweet and it came out to be more like Diesel Fuel For Life to me. So instead of getting sweet minty notes I got lemon and mint. I have yet to experience the vanilla and tonka... No sweet on me. BTW, I live in Mexico and I as I wa son my way to school, I had to walk a bit and this turned really sour on me. Like it made me smell like cheap and old cologne. I just got this and I need to try it out a couple more times. I think I will have to make another review later. So for, not what I expected from a so called SWEET/ GOURMAND/ ala Paco Rabanne

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Not bad at all. I went to Macy's to test it and men I had a good surprise. Sweet, fresh and citric. My girl is not much into fragrance and she felt in love with it. The bottle looks amazing, great presentation there for me. As far I can tell you, Eros is sexy, fresh and has great performance.
-Longevity: 8 hrs plus.
-Projection: Moderate.
I don't understand the hate with this one, its simple, if you don't like sweet fragrance you wont like Eros.
I really recommend Eros if you are into sweet, sophisticated, vanilla/mint fragrance.
3 out of 5.

carera
carera

just nice bottle for collecters . thats it forget about the perfume.

overwest
overwest

I would like this if there was no vanilla in it.

asheble93
asheble93

Eros by Versace:

Scent:
Eros is what an apple would smell like if it crashed into vanilla extract and mint leaves. It is very smooth and heavy, while also being tart and citric Perhaps like a sour candy). Very nice to smell and pretty linear.
6.0/10

Sillage/Longevity:
Sillage is average as well as longevity, again nothing spectacular, just nice.
6.5/10

Overall:
Versace has produced a pleasant scent and nothing more. It possesses no extraordinary qualities, yet no offensive ones either. It settles for playing it safe, rather than pushing the boundaries. It is somewhat disappointing knowing that this house once prided itself on the cutting edge; however, there must be average to understand the great.
6.25/10

$$
$$

I really tried not to like this based on the rest of thier mens fragrances which most of them all suck (im such a hater)lol.But yo!This will do!It starts of real fruity initially and fresh then it starts to get warmer and sweet similar to a gourmand scent, they really poured it on with the vanilla and tonka beans which you can never go wrong with.The sillage and lonevity of eros seems to last for much of the day.When everybody else is through smelling you near you can still smell it under your neck dying a slow aromatic death.Shout out to Versace Eros!

Dan
Dan

I tried this a few days ago and it reminded me of something else I had tried recently. Couldn't quite put my finger on it until I remembered it was quite similar to Jaguar Vision III (the one with the black bottle). I've just checked the fragrance notes and at least half the notes are the same. So if you want Versace Eros but find the price tag too expensive, I think Jaguar Vision III will make a good substitute at less than half the price of Eros.

jjwade
jjwade

this just smells like Joop Jump! to me. i think its ok, but not worth the price. expected something a bit more radical from Versace.

stjoseph777

This is a great fragrance. As a collector this one by Versace is gourmand and beast mode. I get over 18 hrs on my skin. Love it just feels like you got your money worth the bottle is s master piece. If you dont like a fragrance pass don't waste a whole freaken book comment. Just say you pass on this one or better yet don't comment. Not everyone have the same taste in fragrance thank God.

suhaesa
suhaesa

so much carnation pods cloves cloves cloves..carnation seeds..not a relaxing pure sent . annoying ..mixed not refined..strange in its own way ..smells a bit like those old ethnic perfumes that they use so much clove in it that overpowers everything else..woodsy.. aquatic..a very strange composition in this day and age.. doesn't know where it belongs..a clashed perfume with clashing accords for a clashing man who wants everything but is tied down ..
the perfume smells masculine but also feminine it has a deep sensual side ..a fresh side and an enormously annoying side..that is too cloying too sickly too intense in your face with no harmony between the accords..i feel its the kind of perfume that will smell differently on every man depending on their skin type and chemistry..
the problem is i dont know how to get it out now it seems like a really strong silage monster perfume for those who want to be noticed from a mile away..
the more it dries down the more it smells like khoumram an african tribal ethnic natural blended perfume made for brides ..which has so much pure sandalwood and carnation pods
a deep mysterious ..strange not modern or architectural its a puddle of simple notes that all scream see me i am here...oh my oh my the more its drying down the more i am shocked at the resemblance to khumra..which is known to be an aphrodisiac in those countries so i guess this perfume will have that magic vibe about it that will attract people

nando80
nando80

Tried this fragrance out a month or so ago and decided to buy it. Love the vanilla, lemony, minty smell this projects! Additionally its longevity on me make it worth the $80 price tag for it. Great for day or night. My Wife loves it on me and I have received compliments from others as well. For those who complain that this scent is too sweet, I disagree.. It does have sweet notes, but the mint and lemon balance it out smoothly.. In defense to sweet men's fragrances, I have never heard complaints from scents like A*Men Pure Havane.. Now that is a fragrance considered very sweet but rated highly, though I prefer Animale Animale... Versace Eros may not be for everyone, but a wonderful fragrance in my opinion. FYI Macys has the gift set 3.4 oz bottle along with 3.4 oz shave balm and shower gel for $80. Better than getting just the cologne by itself..

CDGfan

As others have mentioned, this DOES actually smell like a watered down version of Britney Spears "Fantasy" a scent aimed at teenage girls, who want to smell like cupcakes. The only difference is , Eros is a menthol cupcake and its even more juvenile than Fantasy lol.

stjoseph777

Love this fragrance its gourmand, beast mode like Amen. Beautiful bottle for those who collect like myself. Thank God not everyone have the same taste in fragrance. I get over 16 hrs with this one beast mode. Not everyone likes complex frags. After a while one get sick of the citrus fragrance they put out for summer.... lemon lemon lemon!!! Give this one a chance I did at first I was like not me but that was after I sniffed 15 fragrances that day got sample of Eros and I tell you I got lots of compliments I'm sick and tired of paying $80 and up and getting 5-6 hrs.........I thank the house of Versace for going bold. Job well done. I remember how many times I smelled TM Amen and was like wtf is this now I have all of TM Amen and flankers.

Scent mystery
Scent mystery

212 VIP is much clubber.

dascagdas

Thanks , right question : which one of the clubber , specialy in summer nights :)

petranfx

both of two are different but you can buy a better scend against these two.

dascagdas

pls help me this versace eros or ch 212 vip ?

Francop
Francop

Synthetic generic juice from beginning to end!

ZELJO
ZELJO

good for summer, fresh, very marine, ideal for long days under the sun,smells mediterranean

DaddysLittleHelper

Reviewing this again, Whoever said the drydown is like Rochas Man, is 100% on the money, except with Eros it lasts longer and projects more. And for me its the initial hour that I love the most, wish that could last longer, but the drydown is exactly like Rochas Man, look at the comments and the reviews on that frag, unanimous love for it, yet this one gets a lot of negative. The opening is very nice and for me, it smells completely original (the first 1 hour) then the drydown is Rochas man, but stronger and longer lasting.

My only complaint is that the initial notes fade away in 1 hour and you are left with a nice vanilla, but not the unique notes that fade away too quickly.

levinebabe
levinebabe

I got a sample and tried it. The sample didn't say it is for men, but I have guessed it from the notes. I love it. It smells like candied lemon. I thought it has disappeared from my skin before the vanilla came out. Sadly, it developed to this burnt plastic scent on me. I might not use it for myself, but I will get this for my future partner.

bp
bp

This perfume is another masterpiece from Aurelien Guichard.
I think this Versace Eros for men and Madly Kenzo for women form a perfect couple, in the style of the creator of both perfumes.
It is an extremely attractive scent.
The touch of vanilla in this scent is sublime.
Longevity and projection are excellent. The smell is active in the clothes for a long time.
The bottle is one of the points that I like about this perfume. It is arguably the most beautiful bottle of recent times.
With a great creator, a great brand and a great composition, this fragrance has everything to be a huge success.
Congratulations.

lalelu
lalelu

would be a great fragrance but its not because the drydown smells like chalk.. and who wants to smell like chalk ??

gevuchi
gevuchi

This is perfection, Sexy and Temping. I will fall for a man who wear Eros. I love it

stjoseph777

Have sample of this fragrance I can see the dry down similarity to Rochas man, but the citrus gives it that versatile appeal and it is lasting on my skin going over 9 hr so far. Again there not to many fan of vanilla or gourmands, but you get some woods and spices thats blended well. Look how many comment this frag got and it just came out. My advise go get a sample you can take home wear it let it dry down and buy, try, or pass. For me its a buy.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I wanted to like this one, but I couldn't even bring up the courage to test it on my skin. What I smelled on the blotter didn't induce my curiosity at all. First impressions were of a light and fresh aromatic, which is nice, but what lurks beneath seemed to be an overly sweet dose of vanilla, perhaps a little too much for the scent, and the dreaded cedar note, which was probably the kill factor to make me say forget about it.

Perhaps one day I'll test it properly, but it'll be on the back burner for now.

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Beautiful sweet but manly fragrance :)

trakia
trakia

it is same as fandi di fendi Pour home

rprovenz
rprovenz

Raise your hand if a female has ever told you that you smell ordinary or synthetic...

Heir
Heir

Love it. amazing bottle, amazing fragrance.

effiephan
effiephan

This smell reminds me of my CKIN2U, it is that citrus yet woody smell that can be attractive and divine on both male and female. My boyfriend loves this smell so after he tried out the sample from the Versace counter in Birmingham (and adored it!), I decided to buy him a 30ml bottle. It is AMAZING and sweet to the noses of both of us!

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Tried this today and i really dont understand the hate on this one.Its not something revolutionary or new but its damn good to my nose.
It starts like a very sweet sticky lemonade (really unique opening) and it drys to a sweet kinda spicy thick vanilla,which is nothing new but it ISNT bad.It kinda reminds me something like between axe and rochas...
Projection is above average so is longetivity....
Its a very sensual fragrance and its great for a summery evening in a greek island.I can clearly understand the concept versace had with this one but dont know why people dont like eros.The bottle also is a piece of art.STUNNING.Among the best ive seen...

Overall score: 7/10

theaegranite

On one wearing, this fragrance reminded me of platinum egoiste. The reason might of been of the geranium.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Versace Eros

The opening brings citrusy/mint sweet notes.
I would say the fruity on top is very synthetic for me.

This aromatic scent reminds me some many fragrances...
I guess Diamonds/Armani and Spicebomb/Viktor&Rolf and the hated Silver Scent...haha

Then, i can detect vanilla + tonka but balanced by the fresh accord of geranium.

Dry is creamy vanilla only.

This is a generic one but lasts a lot on skin and have great projection...

But i am tired of these fragrances.
Ohhh... I've received many compliments...

This is not for me though...

Spartan25
Spartan25

Lovely bottle... My gf didnt like it on me.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Went to a "major" UK drugstore today 02/04/13 and sampled this adorably sexy and gorgeous bottle. I love the advertisement, ad and all. Sadly the juice is not for me: is it that I feel I am not man enough? Am I not athletic enough? Am I too old for this? You know when you turn 40, you begin to 'settle down a bit more' and leave those 'oversexed bathing trunks on the rack'..... but I want my 'object of desire' to smell like it (whilst wearing those daring and contour-revealing trunks).

Mark my word: This is the new "1 Million" just better!

What Ralph Lauren "Polo" did in the 70ies
YSL "Kouros" did in the early 80ies
JOOP! did in the late 80ies/ early 90ies,
GAULTIER's "Le Male" in the mid to late 90ies,
RABANNE's "1 Million" in the Naughties,

THIS 'oversexed monster' will do the same in this early TEEN decade for the male market: SELLING TRUCKLOADS.

It is the new male "macho sex in a bottle" but with a new-found beta-male refinement.

* Oh and before I forget, the scent reminds me of GIVENCHY "Xerys" and Alain DELON "Iquitos"*

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly the versace eros

weasel
weasel

i like this one it`s not a awesome perfume but is very pleasent , long lasting and good projection on my skin .i have many compliments

DaddysLittleHelper

LOVE this fragrance, to my personal tastes, this is unique and intoxicating.

Versace if you read this, the Cola notes that I smell MAKE this fragrance, and those notes are not long lasting, I would love this more if the cola smell would last the entire duration.

I smelled this on a card when searching for a different fragrance altogether, and it was very very nice, I went around the counter smelling everything, came back 3 times to smell this one, and then I left empty handed, as I did not find what I was looking for.

The following 2 days I could not get this out of my head, so I finally went back to Macy's and smelled it again, so nice. I bought it and absolutely love this smell.

I read a lot of reviews about this one, and largely they have been negative, I know this is all a matter of opinion, and maybe people have different expectations than I do, I can only say I smelled everything there at Macy's people complainging that this smells like one million or le male or whatever else, they are just simply wrong, I dont know what they are smelling, if its just the card, or if they wear it for a day, its just not like the other fragrances.

Smell this during the first 1-2 hours and you get that Cola I was talking about, with some Mint in there and the vanilla, its intoxicating, then you smell the vanilla for quite a while after, I will be buying this indefinitely unless I can find a longer lasting cola fragrance.

stever882
stever882

Sampled today on skin . The longevity is good , but sad to say this fragrance is terriable !! Smell like baby powder and gotten candy , coming from versace I was expceting something good and new. Guess I was wrong .
Versace went bad with this one , ill stick to the Versace man en fresh .

theaegranite

Like aerodynamic apple pie this smells like. I got a whiff before then i got it. I had gucci guilty intense before this. So the same nose is behind this too. I woulda never thought. That had lemon orange and amber this has apple/mint tonka bean and double cedar. The opening features the mint with geranium and vetiver. It's so nice how it projects and the longivity is higher than standard at 12 hours. Vanilla lingers all the way, with slight vetiver. Geranium is the basic note, with oakmoss alongside, from start to end. A lot of sprays in the neck and I'm set.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A gigantic apple/mint/tonka bomb that comes on strong and stays there. Very nice. Might have to pick this one up. Also, I don't understand why people are so taken by surprise by the synthetic nature of this cologne. The Dreamer, Blue Jeans, Pour Homme etc. are all very synthetic.

Gault
Gault

I dont care about hype and dubious negative opinions, I dont care how tacky the bottle is or not and how does the advertisement make people uncomfortable, but this is indeed a huge disappointment after testing.
A good sexy hedonistic base with much potential is ruined by an overly sweet cotton candy smell and the notorious bubblegum scent which is known by everybody since One Million.
Maybe unoriginality is not the right term in this case. Versace Pour Homme and Eau Fraiche were unoriginal too but still excellent fragrances.

Endymion
Endymion

It's here with me on paperstrip and I was thinking why is this so familiar and then bang... It's almost Azzaro Twin for men!
Check them out, they are... twins ;)

ADCout
ADCout

I didn't want to, because I hate to do it, but I have to write a negative review for this one...

Versace Eros... The brand, the name, the bottle, the whole concept, Donatella's words about it... Everything made me excited to try it: Versace is one of my favorites (cloth) houses, and I really wanted to try the perfume that "is truly the DNA of the house of Versace".

I saw the notes, and they did no way sound as exciting as the concept. When the reviews started to appear, they were not very positive. But, again, I would give it a shot.

It arrived to my country much more late than the others, but yesterday, finally, I had the chance to try it.

I grabbed the bottle (which remains gorgeous, by the way), and, hopefully, I sprayed it. Synthetic mint and apple combination, with another synthetic freshness of the lemon weren't pleasing in any way.

The worst, though, is the drydown: it LITERALLY smells like Axe Excite. Just the same as Axe Excite. And that's definitely not a good thing. It's so artificial, synthetic, bubble-gummy sweet, unnatural... Truly one of the biggest disappointements I've ever had, and the worst is, it came from a brand which is called Versace.

They're asking so much money for it... I would rather go to the supermarket and buy Axe Excite deodorant, since the smell is exactly the same.

The longevity and sillage are good, though, but I ask, why? Why do we need longevity and sillage if the smell is not what we desire?

I won't get many ballons this time, but I really wanted to tell how bad and disappointed I feel about it.

michael.j
michael.j

Utterly common. Ordinary. Meretricious. Patronizing.

kbog2829
kbog2829

It's an okay fragrance. I like it, but it certainly isn't on any on my top lists.

anna.dkr5

Pleasant, but nothing special.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It look a while for me to come to terms with this one. I prefer it to Versace Pour Homme or Eau Fraiche, but I'm not likely to buy a bottle of it as it really doesn't smell like something I especially want to smell on myself all day.

In short, it's okay. It reminds me of Le Male - but I think I prefer Le Male.

There is a certain tactile joy in handling the bottle, however.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Boy this one is easy:

First, the 70's called and they want their gaudy, macho bottle design back. Next, this has all the style and character of a mint-green mouthwash. Seriously. Once the minty-freshness of this lizard spit wears off, this becomes a formulaic piece of dreck. It's every fresh cologne every created, only worse.

On a scale of 0-10, this one? Negative 4. This is one worth avoiding. unremarkable, and downright vile stuff. The wife couldn't stand being around it.

tomerits
tomerits

i had high hopes for this one but its nothing special, just another sweet scent that we all have smelled before.
i'm very disappointed because i'm a fan of most versace perfumes and was expecting to smell something original.
my rank 2/5.sorry.

querelle
querelle

I only want to say this: God bless niche perfumery.

Salvatore715
Salvatore715

vey good. def well smelling and have to get for those long nights with your lady friend haha

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

Oh Eros how I love thee....

Your body (read bottle) is amazing in color and design and your blue and gold clothes (read package) is stunning and you just scream out how luxurious you are.

Your soul (read smell) is both fresh and rich but not in a sporty kind of way and you are even abit sweet and I think I will enjoy you all the year around.

If you just could have stayed with me abit longer then the approximate 4 hors gave me I would have been the most satisfied man on earth.....but I know I,m a dryout so I can understand why you left early.

BUT! You will stil be amongst my favorites.

Deetron

Eros is a truly great scent and I’m really impressed!
When I sprayed it on my skin,I immediately felt in love and in the same time I was sure I've smelled it already…and soon I found that Eros is quite similar/on my skin/ to Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir.
Of course, I can’t say they are both the same, but to my nose, they have some common vibes.
Eros is less sweet, but the woody notes are more intensive. It is suitable for any occasion in all seasons, while Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir is perfect for autumn /winter .
About the longativity – absolute winner – more the 10-12 hours/and even more/.
About projection/silage – great, great, great! On my skin Eros have incredible power and even after 10-12 hours it still projects like a beast…
The reason I like it and I want it for my collection is the lovely combination of geranium + woody notes + some sweetness.
At first I didn't have high expectations for Eros, but now I think that new Versace is really great men scent with character and no limitation of age, seasons, and occasions.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

I have been crazy for trying this cologne. Yesterday, it finally arrived and I couldn't wait.
What a pleasure of a fragrance, loved it since I sprayed it on my skin. In the beggining it smelled a little bit like chocolate, like AXE Dark Temptation shower gel. This made me almost buy it conpolsively, but I hang on to my senses and waited a little bit.
In the middle notes, you can definetely smell the apple and vanilla lasting almost to the base notes.

This is a great fragrance, not quite sure if I should wear it in Spring, Summer or Fall. And the sillage is amazing also.
Give this one a try and you will learn to love it.

From 0 to 10, this one is a 8.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This was such a disappointment to me. It smelled delicious on the tester card, but on my skin it fizzled down to a gross, sweet, mixture of tang and bubblegum.

It just doesn't fit together well enough. Solely from reading the notes, it appeared to have SO much potential... but this is simply not the case.

Versace Flop, the new fragrance for men 2012.

CDGfan

I am sorry but this not even an average fragrance, its trash period. Watered down bubble gum and vanilla ? Really , after 5 years this is what Versace came up with.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Love it. Good job Donatella

MixMasta
MixMasta

I bought this a few days ago and I'm not entirely sure what to think of it yet. I will definitely agree that it is mildly reminiscent of 1 million as well as it sharing similarities to bubblegum fluoride (though I'm not sure I would make this connection prior to someone telling me). I also get a chemical-like smell for the first 10-15 minutes that sits beneath the top notes and is actually quite bothersome to my nose now that I recognize it.

Despite these negatives, I still have hopes for this fragance. I strongly believe that it will garner a massive amount of compliments from the people around you. The first time I wore it my girlfriend was like "WOW that smells so good" - and she never comments on my fragrances despite having a collection that includes some heavy hitters like DHI, Aventus, GIT, and several other niche-level colognes. It's easy to knock Eros for its flaws, but the fact remains that companies like Versace and Chanel literally DUMP money into marketing and research to ensure that, more often than not, your cologne will yield positive reactions from those around you.

As for what it smells lke to me, besides what I described above, I get a citrusy-limey-minty top. This is followed by a sweet minty accord, which I'm guessing comes from the amber synthetic + the mint, and then it sort of fades off. What can I say, I find it at least enjoyable enough to wear. I can see young laid back dudes or young professionals wearing this - as I don't really get a mature vibe from it. It's pretty versatile as far as occassions go and I'd probably wear it all seasons except summer since it's a little too thick/sweet for my taste during the hotter weather.

On a scale of 1-50 I would give it a 35.

kamikaze702k
kamikaze702k

WOW, sampled this today came into my store, this a f'kn amazing scent!! its so nice and beautiful, its up there with the chanel stuff. i prefer this much more over bleu!!! its so soft n distinctive, minty, fresh, lil bit of vetiver, wood, so beautiful, definately a daily wear, and special occasion scent, overal rating a 9/10

jozemo
jozemo

A much lighter and refreshing redo of versus cologne,a tad bit for the young man on the move to me,but nice.

Pelander
Pelander

I tested it and i liked it. For me, it's like a stronger and sweeter version of L´Homme of YSL. Also reminds me in some way to CH of Carolina Herrera. Projection and longevity are superb on this.

izubr
izubr

How many more vanilla perfumes can we stand???

spartan
spartan

Really Versace? Fire Everyone and start over! Try putting out something original,Pathetic. I'm done here not even worthy to continue.

1/10 Pass

omarilm1
omarilm1

Got 5 hours out of this so far. No silage though super close to the skin

Eos
Eos

I'm sorry but this is almost cartoonishly bad. While I was doing some Valentine's Day shopping for my hubby a pushy SA basically shoved a test strip of this under my nose saying "I can tell you're going to love this, it sooooo unique!" Really? Well I suppose it is if you haven't smelled every other Iso E Super and Ambroxan laden fragrance on the market. By the way, check out the hilariously photoshopped and stretched out body of the model holding the giant bottle in the advert. Ridiculous! Save your money for something that's actually unique.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is actually much warmer than I would have thought. It opens with a blast of citrus+minty freshness but soon gives way to apple, vanilla and tonka (lots of tonka and lots of vanilla). It is quite sweet in a One Million/24 Gold/24 Platinum type of way in my opinion. I kept getting whiffs of it from the one spray I sprayed on my hand and even now if I wave my hand by my face I can still smell it with little effort. That leads me to believe that the projection and longevity are quite good. It gets quite powdery/chalky in the dry down which I can't figure out why.

Overall this is a nice release if I am to be honest. Will I own it? Maybe not, I have other similar fragrances that do a bit more but I am not ruling it out. I wouldn't be upset if this was gifted to me. I can still smell hints of the Roadster like mint. It is as if Roadster meets One Million minus the vetiver. I will give it about 7 out of 10. Not bad given the recent releases but maybe if you add a few dollar at retail you can pull off a few other things. Anyway I am not disappointed at all just not estatic.

P.S - I think if this was gifted to a non-collector it would be a great addition and would garner quite a bit of attention if that means anything.

CDGfan

This is a very poorly done fragrance, easily the worst from Versace. It smells like vanilla for the 30 minutes, that subsides and a synthetic watered down version of 1 million comes to play and there it remains, with hints of mint. Longevity is average to good, but I find the sillage weak, this is NOT a sillage monster. Honestly your better off getting 1 million by Paco Rabbane this fragrance is a total flop in my opinion. Honestly this reminded me of bubble gum flavored mouth wash they give in dental offices. 3/10 The juice does not do justice to the Beautiful bottle

CDGfan

trikkid if the vast majority of reviewers are smelling a watered down one million note in this, and your not I suggest you get your nose checked.

Nostrille
Nostrille

Mostly mint in the opening head notes, tonka bean through the rest. Vanilla tonka bean drydown, gentle cedar memories. Low silage, however it is a nice scent up close, if not very original. Good if you don't want anyone else to smell it.

Linden
Linden

WOW, I'm a bit underwhelmed... Bitter citrus/mint top-refreshing, slightly acidic, followed by geranium and lots of dry cedar, sweetened by heavy vanillic tonka. Dries down almost identical to Azzaro Night Time; compared side by side it's difficult to distinguish them. Also shares some similarities with both Gucci Guilty and Diesel FFL. Both projection and longevity is quite good, but I admit I was hoping for more originality.

aeterno76
aeterno76

For me, it's too sweet. There's too much going on here. I slightly detect a minty note, but it is quickly overpowered by a cotton candy/pink bubble gum scent. If the sound of fingernails scratching a chalkboard were a smell, that would describe the drydown. Spicebomb, for me, would be a better alternative to Eros. Definitely try it before you buy...more than once...just to be sure you like it.

p...
p...

This is a wonderful and classic mans fragrance. At first you are hit with these lovely sweet notes and then it dries out to a spicy wood scent. Attractive bottle, hilarious ad campaign and worth the purchase.

First impression; I like this! it's interesting enough and it's not an avarage everyday fragrance. Eros is a sweet oriental-like scent, but it's also very fresh with minty green apple and lemon. Everything else just blends together to create another woody but soft masculine dimension. A scent with a multiple personality! and a nice addition since Versace Dreamer. One last thing, this thing is a sillage monster! With just two spritz on my wrists for testing, I can smell it throughout a day without an issue.

mickers
mickers

Just sampled this one. Versace's answer for a tonka bean fragrance and very boring at that. This is just a plain old creamy powdery tonka bean that frankly is not done very well. There is a whole sea of fragrances out there like this and done better. Very disappointing. There is no life with this fragrance. Very dull. I do love the bottle though!

Project.parts2011
Project.parts2011

Nothing in special, just another average Versace...

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

All I have to say is this is similar to One Million! Yes One Million! If that is too much for you, here is your slightly lighter alternative.

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

I get notes of focus group, focus group and more focus group.

zelmu
zelmu

While the bottle is nice, the smell is so boring and generic. Smells like allure sport with a little more sweetness to it. No thanks

The longevity and sillage of "Eros" is great.

antonpan
antonpan

Versace Eros could easily be named the fragrance of nowadays that replaces Pace Rabanne One Million in this rank. It starts off with powerful mint note (the scent is minty on a whole) combined with sweet fruits. Soon a modern synthetic molecule of masculinity (à la in Paco Rabanne Black XS and Diesel Only the Brave) begins to play and the scent now smells like a typical synthetic fruity woody. It reminds of a minty version of James Bond perfume that was also created in Givaudan but costs cheaper. Nevertheless Eros has wonderful longevity and sillage and girls like it!

petranfx

tha xronisei gia na erthei ellada

3gecos

@paraskevoula you're welcome,this is what this site it is for!

paraskevoula

Absolutely amazing!!!!The best scent ever!!!I sprayed twice on my left wrist in the perfume shop around 12 and at 12 at midnight it was still on my skin!!Amazing...very long lasting and if you sweat the scent appears again as if first sprayed!!The scent is very special..u can pretty much smell every ingredient mentioned...In the end the vanilla smell just makes your day!!Bravo Versace!!!Excellent job!!!Siganture scent found!!And yes you can only find it in Italy as 3gecos(thanks for your reply) answered my question..atleast for now..in a month or so they told me they would bring it in Austria aswell and thus throughout Europe probably!!Not sure though....

3gecos

@paraskevoula Yes,of course it's out,at least in Italy the perfumeries are full of it and it's quite a success.

paraskevoula

Where is versace eros???Is it out yet??whats going on??

3gecos

Baaang!An mint and lemon explosion!The apple witch is awesome in here and the cedar appears to,the other notes i ain't good at finding and naming them:)!A scent that definitely will turn heads!If you like fresh-woody-floral fragrances this is a MUST try!It's kinda loud and strong so i think it good for the winter also!After 3 hours and 4 sprays of this a friend asked me if i broke the bottle of cologne on me:).Downsides...at my local retailers i understand that VE already out tops 1 million in sales and after 5-6 hours this thing it's gone but i mean gone gone,maybe it's just my skin!

Re-edit:With that apple notes i'm inclined to say that this is more aromatic than floral(fresh-aromatic-woody),only after couple of wearings i've begun to smeel the vanilla and tonka to(but is not a gourmand feel it's more subtle)

Re edit 2:Yes i'll eat my words,today i received a compliment after 7-8 hours from application.It called olfactory fatigue,if you doesn't smell it doesn't mean that it's not there!

profumo1973

I am a parfum lover but not expert but at my nose smells like a little disel's fuel for life
I must rettified my opinion my nose and my skin were full
Of parfume tested in store and now i can say not is similar at fuel for life
Excuse me
The scent is more elegant and powendry
Very good

DJM
DJM

What if it smells exactly like Kouros or is Versaces take on Kouros? Are you still going to want it?

I know I would

profumo1973

The parfume has arrived in my country thursday of this week and i blind buy only a little sniff at sephora store and it serms amazing the look of bottlr is fantastic
Now i attend to return at home for a more fine smell i haven t open the box too
Good job Donatella

iranperfumer

خوب دوباره یک عطر جدید باشمیم سرحال شاد و خوشحال را برای افراد خسته ونگران برای استفاده روزانه به ارمغان آورده تا بنوانند یک فروش خوب داشته باشد
مقایسه کنیم با عطر قبلی ولی شاد تر وچهار فصل محیط بسته و عشق من لیمو در این عطر فراوان است . با یک امتحان چطورید؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

Agreed, Rodolfo! The simple solution would be to disable voting for it until it's actually released so even if someone is biased by the creator, they get the chance to actually smell it first.

That said, by the notes, the creator and bottle design I can't wait to smell it and form my own opinion.

rodolfo
rodolfo

I don't understand how can people be voting for likes/loves/notes right now.

People voting here before of the launch date should get some kind of punishment LOL

But really, these are the people who make the voting system unreliable...

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

TFWA in Cannes will take place 21-26 OCTOBER 2012 and we will understand how exactly this cologne performs

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

I can't wait for this! The bottle is so beautiful, looks very retro 80s perfection! I just hope it smells as good as it looks :)

pablOSO
pablOSO

the bottle looks soooo 70s... but i like it!
and the model is soooo sexy....!!!

i want one now! ( the fragance and the model )

ckman2011
ckman2011

وأخيرا فيرساتشي تصدر عطر جديد للرجال

أتمنى أن يكون بمستوى فريش أو أفضل
ننتظر بشوق هذه الطلة

Lazaro
Lazaro

the fragrance look' so 80' and the ad and the bottle are just perfect...the model looks so homoerotic with a inpresion of a gorgeous gladiator...the aquamarine color of the bottle give us the feeling of pureness and freshness...

Eros by Versace 3.56 out of 5 based on 961 ratings and 340 user reviews

Versace Eros Cologne by Versace - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Versace Eros Cologne by Versace - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
VERSACE EROS for MEN by Gianni Versace EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
VERSACE EROS for MEN by Gianni Versace EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
VERSACE EROS for MEN by Gianni Versace SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.4 OZ TRAVEL OFFER
Versace Eros Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Versace 'Eros' Eau de Toilette
Versace 'Eros' Eau de Toilette
Versace Eros 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Versace Eros 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Eros fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Eros, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eros by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eros by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.