Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

VE Versace for women

VE Versace for women
dislike

yellow floral

Gianni Versace introduced VE Versace in the year of 1989, classified as a luxurious, woody and mossy fragrance. It is recommended for romantic occasions.

This extremely feminine and ladylike perfume contains a blend of white flowers, such as jasmine, gardenia and lily-of-the-valley.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP.

African Orange flower Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Aldehydes Green Notes

Eau Provocateur

VE Fragrance Reviews

antfarm
antfarm

EDP review: V'E somehow manages to be elegant without being too stuffy, and mature while maintaining an air of rebellion. Words that come to mind when I smell it are: fiery, powerful, feminine, worldly.

I read that Bruce Springsteen was once seen buying this for his girlfriend, and I can imagine a man like him appreciating a perfume such as this one.

Now on to what it smells like--I get mainly soapy sandalwood and tons and tons of soft, full-bodied florals. I imagine the flowers in this to be plump and pillowy with tons of bees flying around. It settles into a light aura of powdery, soapy florals, and it smells like an actual person moreso than a perfume. It's very '90s, but doesn't smell dated, if that makes sense.

I adore this perfume and it goes very well with my skin chemistry, but something in it makes me sneeze...otherwise I would hoard bottles of it.

Yohji
Yohji

My first ever Versace fragrance but I guess modern Versace ones are not even coming close to this miracle.

Golden liquid quirky ice cube shaped bottle – piece of modern art itself, its addictive – my desire to hold it and look at it
The scent is apart of being 100% unique and incredibly refined is sooo very complicated, has layers, twists, different sides, and a very romantic character.
Definitely agree with akats about it being contradictory, as well as with passionata 20 that its has honey-like cyclamen in your face somewhat... But the thing is that just like with modern art painting you better make few step backwards and enjoy the art as a whole or come closer and the picture may seem not as it is supposed to look like)
I prefer to make few steps to the opposite wall and ...its fantastic. The person that wears it will take your breath away for sure. This chypre-floral manages to skip all those flowers separately in order to deliver to you... a woman who was running on her heels, being late for a date, and when her man gives her a hug and kisses her in a temple he just makes a long inhale, as her skin, silky scarf and her hair smell as wind from the meadows, smell as sand after the rain, smell as a sunset.
Very much different fragrance from chypre-florals, high class!

I cannot believe I never review this one!
For me it's such a memory scent... 1989, I was very young and got a large vial who knows wear. I knew the weird squared bottle, but my vial was a plain generous one.
I had a small tin box with my free vials and a few minis because it was all I could own then, even if my mother gave me a couple of good ones. She had good tastes then.
VE is where my long personal, self-educated perfume journey began.
It was a hot summer and I was at the seaside with the family, but we still need to drive to the shore. i could not go alone (and in any case my strict mom never allowed me), so I was depending on my parents. They usually were happy to go to the beach everyday, but there was a special day (for them) when they absolutely needed to stay home.
It all began quietly with the long choice of... tomatoes!
Good suitable ripe tomatoes of a special local type to make genuine traditional homemade tomato sauce for the new year! A family obsession. As per tradition many people were involved to work around the big cauldron. Baskets of long-shaped tomatoes straight from the sun burned fields waiting to be boiled in the courtyard and all the needed tools, even sterilised glass bottles. It took at least one day from early morning till noon.
I absolutely hate tomatoes in every form since I was maybe 2. And on tomato sauce day I was not taken to the seaside! I cried and stepped my tiny feet, but nobody cared about me. They wanted me to take part to their hard and tiring but satisfying ritual.
I hated that smell filling all the big house.
I ran away, locked myself in my bedroom and sniffed my vials like crazy! I think that was my first attempt to make this world less of a stinky one.
Versace VE was my helper and saviour. I kept pouring it from my vial on skin and fabrics and deep inhaling for hours. It literally saved me from going crazy with tomato smell!
On a less personal side of the story, I can say that VE was a beautiful floral chypre with a very fresh opening and an utterly beautiful floral heart made of ylang and narcissus mingled with rose and a good dose of orris root. The base I was not too interested at that age but fast forward to 2014, I could cry for that base because it's not done anymore anywhere.
The oakmoss was simply divine.
I was too naif and had no money or I would stock piled for years to come of VE bottles.

Lovely and poetical, never harsh, fresh and round, this was Versace at his (meaningful) best, before the heavy decadence of later years, after the death of Gianni's, the real soul of the company raised by a Calabrian family and probably out of lack of natural materials available after a certain date.
I'm fully aware that my opinion about VE is a biased one, because of memories, but this is scent that shouldn't have gone lost, so that people now could smell how perfume needs to be done. They could like it or not, but at least they knew.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Classically feminine. Adlehydes in the opening, then an extremely sweet, woody floral. Lasts great, complex and timeless. Something a bit formal, more something to wear for day to night in a formal situation.

aleksandr.dmytrenko
aleksandr.dmytrenko

it is pearl of my collection! love it!

reignydaze
reignydaze

Wow this is truly, truly beautiful. Shut your eyes and sniff, its just as though you have walked through the door of a florist in early spring. It smells like real freshly cut flowers, very green, not overly sweet and smells completely real, no synthetic confusion of many scents. On the dry down this scent really warms up but still keeping those chypre and floral notes. I really like this fragrance it reminds me of the beginning of spring, the suns on your face but you still need a fire to keep you warm. How could they discontinue, what were they thinking.

akats
akats

It is strange that I didn't know that perfume until very recently having a decant from a member. It is indeed very ladylike and elegant. I cannot describe the smell well as it seems complicated to my nose but I can distinguish cyclamen and narcissus among the notes. It has also something airy something cold...It fits to the woman that is already assure of her sexuality and doesn't want to provoke. I imagine it on a blond carrier lady 40 years old, dressed with fancy expensive suit looking the others as if she was saying "Admire me but stay away..." Although the smell is not earthy, thick and warm, it rises feelings of passion! and this is contradictory. Cedar and moss give it a bitter edge but not unisex. I would swear that among the notes there is at least one fruit. Pear, peach... but it is not listed. This strange note, gives it that different twist that makes it special. VE has its own personality and I like it.

id
id

narcissus note is far too prominent for me even later it mixes with oak moss and ylang ylang. Classic, elegant scent. Reminds me of some medicine from my childhood. It smells like a mix of flowers, honey and bees wax at least on my skin.

passionata20
passionata20

27. may 2011

Tried this fragrance today again and must say to me it is like a "two-sided" fragrance. In a way that if you smell it from a distance it smells different, than you smell it close on the skin. It enters before you (mind the sillage please) and is surrounding you heavily.
Quite nice combination of rose and cyclamen with a helotrope base but cyclamen is too overwhelming. I can´t stop thinking that in fact it reminds me of something honey-like. Very unusual and outstanding indeed. Feminine and floral but also a bit chemical and on the heavy side to my nose. In general i like it, but i doubt that it will become my favorite.

It was a review for EDT concentration.

Bebe70
Bebe70

So very much sophisticated, so very much luxurious!
An unforgettable perfume for special ladies.

michali
michali

This one was my faivorite perfume in the 90s.
Light,uplifting,romantic,soft.

Today they have added a nasty chmical to it that ruined it complitely.

Fragrantica, I could not describe this perfume better than you have done here above!! So for anyone interested in this VAMPY fragrance, SEE ABOVE!!

VE by Versace 3.92 out of 5 based on 63 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace VE fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace VE, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify VE by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of VE by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.