Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Vanitas Versace for women
dislike

I have it: 622 I had it: 205 I want it: 435 My signature: 13

Vanitas Versace for women Videos
Vanitas Versace for women Pictures Vanitas Versace for women Pictures Vanitas Versace for women Pictures Vanitas Versace for women Pictures Vanitas Versace for women Pictures

The latest news arrives from the house of Versace! They are launching a fragrant edition which is being prepared for 2011 and it will be advertised by model Lindsey Wixson.

The new fragrance is named Vanitas and it will be available in three sizes – 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT. We can expect a luminous and fresh composition, created of shiny notes of lime, floral wave of tiare and freesia along with a pleasant and sensual trail of tonka and woody accords of cedar.

Advertising poster has already been presented – 16 year old Lindsay is posing for it. She was born on April 11th 1994 and is already working as American model. She was born in Wichita, Kansas. The nose behind this fragrance is Dora Baghriche-Arnaud.

Lime

Glamourous

Vanitas Fragrance Reviews

kati77
kati77

An interesting fragrance, although the very beginning (10 minutes after spraying the skin) is sharp, a strong beat. But give it a chance, i think mostly feel the blend of freesia with tiare flower, but of course I had no opportunity to smell it in nature, in our climate does not occur. What do I smell? I do not feel lime, which is a plus, because I do not like citrus. Average lifetime - 5 hours, when the weather very sunny - 7/8 hours. This fragrance can improve mood, and it can also irritate. I do not recommend to buy a large bottle before sniffing after testing it then yes.

Pure Love
Pure Love

What a beautiful perfume. It's one of the best, most unique, feminine, elegant, rich but simple, light and refreshing, sophisticated perfumes I've ever smelled. I love it. It's gorgeous. I have lots of citrus/floral/woody perfumes, and love them all, but this one has something extra special about it for me. It feels like it IS me somehow. I feel so right in it. It is extremely womanly, to me.

I love the beautiful elegant, classy bottle, and the oh so light and refreshing colour of the scent. Such a delicate, quiet, almost champagne colour. Very chic. Very pure. I love all of Donatella's perfumes for women - I think she's so extraordinary! For me, she captures perfectly the essence of woman - I own, so far: Versus, Woman, Vanitas and Pour femme; and love them all. I can't wait to get Versense too.

And it lasts extremely well on me - around 12 hours, and has very good sillage.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Madrona
Madrona

Versace really has a thing for blondes with bleached brows and raccoon eyes, don't they (this ad campaign, Versus, Blonde, Donatella herself, etc). I have always found that to be a very interesting high fashion look, a bit alienesque. I dig it. This was a blind swap, and I always look at the advertising material for a fragrance if it is available to get a feeling for how it was marketed.

This is a bright, sparkling, effervescent fragrance - the golden juice is very appropriate. It reminds me of champagne, or flowy champagne-colored satin caught in the wind. "Vanitas" can be interpreted as emptiness or futility just as well as the relief in transientness, and this is definitely an example of the latter - change is the only consistency this world has ever known (yes, it's cliché), so don't fight it, harness it.

I am somewhat reminded of Seductive by Guess, though this is lighter, more airy, less nose-tingling. For some reason J'Adore by Dior also pops up as a reference, but J'Adore never agreed with me, there is a note in it that registers as rotten fruit to me and this one, once more, is lighter, more airy, almost weightless. There is nothing like it in my collection at this moment, and I appreciate it highly, so I will wear it when I feel like brushing my worries off elegantly and riding with the tide.

Taliera

I have FB of this if anyone is willing to do a swap with me :)

RubyTuesday6185
RubyTuesday6185

I'm talking about the EDP in this review. This stuff is not easy to find. Almost halfway through my 100ml and purchased a backup bottle cause I love this stuff so much (my only other backup is for Narciso Rodriques For Her EDP). It takes 6 sprays to reach its full potential. The opening and dry down are not very distinctive-bright flowers with a fresh edge. Nothing too sharp or too creamy yet delightful. On me it lasts more than 9 hours, which is a full day with no need for reapplication (this could be due to the 6 sprays).

PerfumeEmpress

Ok, I have to correct my former post. Today I sprayed this after my morning shower. It's now 3pm and it's still going strong. I went shopping and was twice asked what my scent was. I love this perfume to pieces. It smells so good and so different from the onslaught of same old same old summer stuff.

PerfumeEmpress

I love this scent so much, but I too wish it lasted longer. It's not easy to find, so reapplying it only makes you run out of it faster. But is is such a lovely fragrance. Summery, but not the same old same old citrus stuff.

RachG70
RachG70

I loooove the scent of this fragrance. The white flowers are beautiful. This would be my signature scent if it were not for the fact that it disappears within two hours. I want it to hang around much longer.

fleurgourmande
fleurgourmande

I really dont find this to be tropical-smelling!
I smell jasmine and lemon. It smells fresh and flowery, not sweet and sugary (which I appreciate a lot).

Sillage is ENORMOUS....longevity very poor on my skin on the other hand.

I was given this as a gift. While it's not my style, I like wearing this when I want to feel put together and feel indecisive about what to use.
Yes, it's mood brightening and uplifting. To some, it could be "boring". Or even headache inducing due to its strong sharp citrus note mixed with white florals. (The reactions of my surroundings to this perfume have been very mixed)

I can see this being work appropriate.

scentedrat
scentedrat

I was so excited to try this based on reviews and recommendations , but unfortunately for me it turned out to be a disappointment. I was hoping to get the tropical vibe from tiare, and some sweetness, but on me it is a very crisp nondescript floral. It's what comes to mind if someone says "women's perfume ". I can't make out any flowers or notes in particular, but it's kind of a soft, soapy kind of clean. What really ruins it for me is that it reminds me of Light Blue, which I hate. They don't smell alike, but there is a shared note that is similar enough to make me want to scrub it off. But that's just my bias. I can see how others could love this, as it is very feminine and fresh. I can see the comparison to J'Adore.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

Wearing this today and it's a sunny spring day <3 full of positivity and bright green and yellow colours...everything is beautiful and nothing can bring my mood down! And so is this perfume.
The simplicity, the femininity, the fresh flowery sweetness is all to the max with this perfume.
I just love this perfume. Great for spring and summer nights, office friendly and very feminine.
The add is not representative of the perfume but i couldn't care less.
Vanitas i need you in my life!

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

The overbearing tiare flower in this is mind numbing for me. I just can't.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

This is a better version of dahlia devin. Its a pretty and perfect for work. Inoffensive, feminine and the goldilocks scent. It wont move mountains or make men fall to their knees to be with you...but its a really lovely daytime fragrence.

vidal.agustina
vidal.agustina

Perfect perfume for all those who hate heavy scents and love floral fragances.
Everyday and night floral. Soft, delicate and femenine. My signature perfume :)

liamo
liamo

Not too flowery smell, I would say it is more green and crisp. Not exclusively sophisticated, it carries on feeling of cleanliness and elegance. Inoffensive, light fresh daily office perfume.

Adia31

Re review: i´m disapointed of this one i´don´t know why the bottle dosen´t smell like the tester in perfumery it practically i can´t smell on my skin i can´t smell any note only a quiet white floral and sweetnes nothing lasts. I don´t know really how it smells at the store it was a penetrant white floral whith lima a bit citrusy. Can anybody tell me if the second description is the really smell?

Majo23
Majo23

Lovely, freesia and tiare flower combination is beautiful - it's fresh and sweet at the same time.
Drydown is heavenly, creamy coconut-y breeze with a dash of cedarwood and tonka; sophisticated yet youthful, I really like it.

maraki1
maraki1

Devine flowers to my nose!

turuncupilav
turuncupilav

i think it's the best cirtus-flower parfume ever. it's fresh and feminine at the same time. i wear vanitas at work, so soft to modarate sillage is ok for me. after 3 hours, vanitas turns a skin scent and sits close to the skin. it's a very honest deal. you will take what you look for. also a safe choice as a gift.

Taliera

Does anyone else have issues with the cap? Mine seems to be stuck on so hard that when I wrench it off it pulls the squirter with it, then I have to use tweezers to get the thing out! It's poorly designed like the Crystal series. :/

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Smells exactly like what it says. Refreshing, light, sweet (in a lime, tropical flower way, not syrupy sickly way).

It's very pretty. Good for summer. I found it somewhat boring though, something along the lines of D&G light blue. It's not the height of fashion or good taste but it's certainly pleasant enough.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I think the bottle I got online is old, because I'm not getting the lime in the top notes like I remember from the perfume store. But the dry down reminds me of Marc Jacobs Essence. A low-key creamy floral skin scent.

napiergirl
napiergirl

A fresh soapy white floral that is easy to wear any day and for any occasion. From like I would say I now Love this, its simple yet blended to perfection...a must to have... like a good pair of jeans you can dress up or down and once your own skin chemistry mingles with this its really really lovely.Give it a go you will be surprised how great this scent is The EDP best

almondcookie
almondcookie

I was introduced to Vanitas by a friend when we compared perfumes. Treasured moments. I loved vanitas from that moment. The projection is excellent.

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

This perfume and I just can't be friends no matter how hard I try. I smell rose (which is not even a note listed) and bitter grapefruit rind. It is also a touch soapy. I keep waiting for it to change and soften up a bit, but no such luck. It makes me feel like I'm going to sneeze. Darn!

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

Versace “Vanitas” – 05/06/2015

This is a beautiful, inoffensive, subtle floral scent with a touch of powder. It is not sweet neither is it loud (something that I would expect from Versace.) It opens up as very alcoholic which is something I do not like but, quickly, it settles as a nice floral-powdery scent.

It is not a ground breaking fragrance that will rock your world but, it is suitable for all occasions, office wear and I doubt that anyone could perceive it as unpleasant so, it can be a good choice to offer as a gift.

It stays close to the skin and its longevity is about 2-3 hours; someone must come close to you, hug you or kiss you on the cheek to feel how beautiful you smell. I quite like that. When I kiss my friends on the cheek (which is a rather continental habit that we have here in Europe) I always like to feel pleasantly surprised by how good they smell and it gives me a reason to offer a nice compliment “Oh, what a lovely perfume that you are wearing, it suits you so well, excellent choice!”.

I like it and I do recommend it.

Enjoy the perfume quest!
Regards
Josephine.

KillerBee6666
KillerBee6666

I have no idea what's wrong with me, but I love this fragrance! :) Discovered it just a while ago and got the EDT and EDP. Is it underestimated?! I don't know, but is one of my favorite now.

Kbt71
Kbt71

I love this scent. The initial blast is very strong but blends nicely. The fruits and flowers blend well, its a fruity clean classy smell Almost powdery fresh!

I first bought a 30 ml edp at the duty free but ended up purchasing the 100ml at half price before my 30 run out.

The sillage is moderate - I get compliments so others can smell it but dont seem to be bothered by it! longevity is medium, i wouldn't say it lasts the whole day but i can still smell remnants on my clothes.

It would suit office, day and most events; I use all year round but I can see why some reviewers feel its a summer perfume for them.

Another great from Versace!

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

According to an interview with Donatella Versace, this is her signature scent. Being a fan of Versace and seeing this in a gift pack for less than fifteen dollars at T. J. Maxx, you better believe I swiped it up, bought and sold. The set had a dab on Eau De Toilette version that is only .15 ml. I transferred it to a mini spray bottle and put a couple of sprays on my wrist. This is a really pretty clean smelling fragrance. It smells elegant, yet summery, clean, yet florally. The lime is mildly strong in this (I'm noticing Versace fragrances always seem to feature some juicy fruit note) but not juicy enough to make it a fruity scent. It plays well with the freesia and tiare flowers. It has a playful mature vibe to it, so it can be worn at any age. I always imagined Donatella smelling like an ash tray (I still love her though) but if she smells anything like this fragrance, then she definitely is the elegant, mature, fashion designer she's grown to be. Very lovely scent with a beautiful, mature, glamorous bottle.

celia46
celia46

Smells gorgeous on my mother in law.

It's seems to have a very good longevity.

Delicate and detectable without being girlish.

mondaniaux
mondaniaux

Anyone else besides me who finds this beachy ? Yes, clean tropical beachy vibe...sea breeze, tropical flowers... I kind a like it but I agree with some reviewers that it smells synthetic...oh sigh...I might get it though cause it brings me back to my tropical island home...

wishesarepies
wishesarepies

On my grandmother, it smells absolutely heavenly, a timeless classic. On my skin it smells like soap. Try before you buy!

nawele5
nawele5

this is absolutly an elegant smell really love it and i find it very unfair to describe this as cheap

Sweelty
Sweelty

This perfume smells great! On my skin it smells similar to Prada Candy Florale which I love as well.It was a good blind buy and I guess I can never go wrong with Versace! :)

jessbug
jessbug

Wow, I hope they fired the people who created the advertising campaign for this, because it is completely disconnected from the fragrance.

Vanitas is a sweet, fresh, lovely soft floral composition. The freesia is the main player to my nose; the apple note supports the freesia and adds to the sweet, clean, innocent vibe of the perfume. I don't conciously register the tiare flower and the lime, but Vanitas does have a 'beachy' feel to me...it has something aquatic without being ozonic or salty. Since I associate tiare and lime with beachy perfumes, that might explain it.

Sometimes Vanitas is the perfect fresh clean soft floral, sometimes it gets a little screechy and sharp on me. I have this problem with other fresh florals too, like D&G's Dolce. It's not a big deal to me, although it does keep this tiptoeing the line between LOVE and LIKE. Office safe, like many have mentioned before me.

Longevity is not great, about 3-4 hours max.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

It has bitter spiciness, similar to gucci guilty. More strong than I expected, it has a little powder in it. But I don't like it cause this smell is just cheap. Too expensive for that cheap smell. There are many cheap perfume better than this, for example bi-es.

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

Very crisp and clean scent, for sure. There's something about this scent that is just elegant and timeless. It could be worn anywhere, at any time, in my opinion, and it would be totally appropriate and classy!

While there's nothing too extremely complex or unique about this scent, I think it's a great one to have for any occasion!

Probably best for spring and summer, though I wouldn't say it's a terrible idea for the fall, and the bottle is downright pure glamour and beauty!

Dufteren
Dufteren

I bought this on my way to Iceland last summer. And although summer in Iceland was cold and gushing winds kept blowing from the north and the mountains were still covered in snow, this perfume helped me hold on to the summer spirit. Because this is truly a summer perfume. If I close my eyes, this scent transport's me back to the shores of Africa were I partly grew up, and I can swear this is the scent that filled the air during the rainy season.

I am sure this is not the most beautiful, most complicated or original tropical scent out there, but it does deserve some praise for being what it is, a really good summer scent. I totally agree with Lilly2911, this is much better then Ellie Saab.

Try it , and then go to Iceland.

lirael00
lirael00

Vanitas is a lovely nice fragrance, and it's definetly a safe buy. It's nothing new but that doesn't mean it's bad at all. It's very fresh and spring/summer appropriate. If you're looking for something that will make you smell nice and fresh, go for it! Just don't expect that this one will give you any unexpected thrills of joy. Longevity and sillage are moderate.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I wanted a fresh, clean. crisp perfume for Spring so I ordered this as a blind buy. It is a hit with me and I do love it. I can smell the Tiare flower and also the Freesia with a hint of citrus in the background.
It stays close to the skin and the longevity is average (about 5 hours) but that is fine with me. I am a great lover of floral perfumes and this one is just right for me to wear in the coming spring and summer months with lighter clothes. I do have loud flowery perfumes in my wardrobe, this is not one of them but nevertheless I love it.
Another winner from Versace for me.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is a pretty sweet floral, but not really anything out of the ordinary. There are so many fragrances like this one in the market place, and I find them all a bit meh. Something gobsmackingly breathtaking from Versace would be very welcome. This ain't it.

Lily2911
Lily2911

I sampled it today at the airport and OMG, what a lovely surprise. This is such a beautiful, soft, feminine floral much, much better than the hugely popular pink bright crystal which I really hated. Vanitas is not a perfme you whould expect from such a "loud" Fashion house of Versace. On me, the tiare is developing very nicely, it provides that amazing warm, "sweet" (but not cloying sweett) aroma . It is a bright, shining perfume but in a more refined way. And it reminds me a lot to the other Versace gem, Versace Crystal Noir, it is not identically the same but provides the same "vibe". It ressembles in the unique combination of being fresh and floral without that typical "lemon" smell which I really dislike unless it is a good quality cologne. For me Vanitas has much more character than for instance the very popular perfumes of Elie Saab for which I cannot understand people get crazy about. But that is the beauty of perfume, it is such a highly personal thing. I really love this perfume and I think I will buy soon the full bottle.

Adia31

Lo probé hace poco y me encantó es floral y huele a limpio pero con estilo y su longevidad es excelente. En papel todavía se huele fuerte a 15 días de haberlo probado. No lo puede comprar pero espero me llegue el momento.
I have recived it finally really happy very special floral cleany and classy scent love this one in summer, and rainy warm days.

Ioli19
Ioli19

Really like it, beautiful floral, really classy, not sweet, not sharp, smooth and very 'proper'. Not shouty, uncomplicated. True to the notes stated, could wear for any day event, spring is its glory time! Not strong silage wise, longevity not its strongest point, around 2-3 hours on my skin, but I do have issues with all perfumes, so don't let that put you off!
It's fresh, soft and clean, try it!!
Really classy bottle too.

Pooja37
Pooja37

Review for the EDP version:

After reading all the good reviews on fragrantica, I decided to blind buy Vanitas when I came across an amazing valentine's day deal on the 100ml EDP (no tester though). I was thrilled with the packaging and couldn't wait to open it and smiled when I saw the really pretty silver bottle cap with tiny leaves engraved on it and the gorgeous bottle.

Then I sprayed gently and waited. A very gentle and calming scent appeared. Nice. I sprayed some more and waited some more. Still a gentle skin scent - I must admit that I am used to heavy hitters - floral and otherwise from Chanel, Dior etc and this is certainly not one of them but it is so close to the skin that my husband had to put his nose right on my wrist to get a whiff.

I like the gentleness and it smells wonderfully clean but I'm confused, I'm getting tea notes like Elizabeth Arden's tea fragrances, where's the tiare? where's the freesia? At the moment it smells a lot like the EA's Green Tea exotic and JLo's Still from my collection. I have Guerlain's Tiare Mimosa and that smells very richly of tiare. I don't get any tiare from this one though.

I've never been more perplexed while reviewing a perfume... and when I love a fragrance my reviews are usually so gushing, its embarrassing lol ( guess I can't control the child like happiness) but... this one is just too confusing for me on day 1. Perhaps I'll update once I get to know Vanitas better.

ecerusen
ecerusen

on me, it smells lighter version of CK beauty, smells good easy to wear. bitter lemon and floral notes are wisely blended. ideal spring perfume for every age.

Pleasant and lovely. Full of freesia. The cedar notes remind me of Beauty by Calvin Klein.
A good office perfume. Light and easy. Simple and peaceful - nothing too big.
It's not sweet as the description says. Soapy but still pleasant.

Juliana6
Juliana6

A creamy white floral. This scent is classy, very feminine, but not like all those ordinary white floral scents. This has a character, multiple edges like the bottle, it's changing. In the same time it can be fresh, a little bit sweet, golden, sparkling, creamy and bitter. All in one. I think the bottle reflects very well the perfume- it's transparent and golden, it's classic and modern, it has that pure, simple design yet it's unusual and unique.
It's one of the best freesia perfumes -quite realistic, fresh and lovely. By the way, I feel some soft, shy honeysuckle, which is not listed.
Perfect for those who don't like sweet perfumes, but still want to smell feminine and elegant. Love it.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I got the vial sample of this one...honestly,i think the smell of vanitas is somehow similar to Hugo boss femme..in comparison,femme is more bolder n a bit powdery as it has rose flower in it...and not as sweet as vanitas,which to me vanitas is much prettier and graceful...yes,i do smell the sparkling fresh lime,aquatic-like freesia and lovely tiare flower..

Vanitas is a Latin word and it means emptiness...but i consider this perfume as full of purity,cleanliness and freedom..as you can see,the bottle is also crystal clear and the wearer must be a person which is not afraid of any obstacles/challenges that they're going to face...they'll take it and go through with courage n confidence.

nora.abbas1
nora.abbas1

This is my favorite ♥♥♥♥

aber19
aber19

This is a lime, summer, sweet and fresh scent. It lingers softly onto the skin. However, there are similar fragrances to this. I remember there was pear smell present. It smelt a little like Elizabeth Arden's 5th Avenue. After two hours later, it smelt like a strong version of the original Vera Wang, lingering on the skin. It is a summer fragrance, if you want something light. I saw this for $29.00 for 30mls, $39.00 for 50mls, EDP at the Toorak Village shopping Centre Chemist. I decided to test the fragrance. It is an average fragrance, but fans of this fragrance, my want to stock up on this one.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Lovely!!
The bottle (with the engraving on the cap) & the juice inside are a match made in heaven! Elegant bottle, elegant scent!
The lime in the opening is extremely pleasant to my nose. It's never harsh nor sour, but it's rather refreshing & creamy. Delicious!
Then the freesia & tiare in this are scrumptious & exotic.
The tonka completes this gem with it's sensual warmth.
Suitable to wear all year around.
Gentle sillage for the first hour after which it becomes more of a skinscent, yet still noticeable, longevity 10+ hours on my skin :)
♥♥♥♥♥

Merriam
Merriam

It smells really nice at the beginning, very white-floral with a hint of lime. But it isn't any original, and it becomes kind of bitter after a while.

pioneer
pioneer

Tuberose :)

torkwan
torkwan

I bought this as a blind buy from all the reviews I've seen on here, but I'm sad to say that I've been disappointed. I wanted to like this, but it's just ordinary. I was hoping for something that's like "BAM", but it's very light and clean and not very memorable I'm afraid.

It's a lovely scent, nonetheless. The opening is citrus and eventually dries down to a light floral scent. It's just not my cup of tea :(

my nose picks up citrus like a bloodhound and i get a big blast of it at the start from the lime, which i like very much. this dosn't stay a fruity scent though, it drys down to a lovely white floral, not quite a skin scent, but not loud in any way and you will still get a tinge of lime from the start. lasting only a couple of hours or so, this is a gentle scent, suitable for daywear. very nice. a solid like for me.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Wasn't particularly fond of it, as I found lime too strong and pervasive. But once it develops in your skin, it is quite gentle and creamy... Sadly, not very interesting.

Reemy
Reemy

I tried it for the first time from a friend of mine and I really liked it, and the next time was from the duty free just to make sure of my feeling towards it.,but when I bought it, I truly regretted buying it, But in few days it started to grow on me, as soon as I stopped smelling the Lime which I hated at first, and the floral scent of tiare which I adore started to show.

and of course the best thing was the complements I received from the first day, at work, at malls, cafes, everywhere. Guys and girls, all are curious to know what perfume I'm wearing.. <3 I got addicted to this feeling which made me fall in love with this perfume.
A guy even asked if I'm wearing Dolce and Gabbanna, I'm not sure if they smell alike or he only wanted to sound smart.

Another thing I found out yesterday, after spraying it heavily in the afternoon, that in 6- 8 hours it calms down and weirdly changes to something I've never smelled before, creamy like and calm kind of flowery scent, it's soooooooo damn good that I kept smelling my hair and hands until it disappeared LOL

I think Vanitas is going be my signature, as it really suits me according to me and everyone passing by me.. the combination is great, sophisticated, and for sure doesn't smell cheap nor old and isn't boring.
but maybe because it smells different from a person to another, so try it before buying it.

P.S: I was a huge fan of Yves Saint Laurent, especially Parisienne, Manifesto, and Cinema. these were my signatures at different timings before. but each one have had received a big amount of bad comments which have always made me change to another perfume.
and I really hate changing perfumes because it always takes time to find something I like, and suits me at the same time.
PERFUMES SHOULD REMIND PEOPLE OF YOU!! it should be like you, so try to find your match <3

Take my advice and try it today.

Cheers!

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Vanitas by Versace is pure, clear cut floral freshness.

The opening is a sharp, bright lime, which smells like a light, frosty cupcake as the floral notes of tiare and freesia anchor it firmly in place. A light, rosy, patchouli-like note is also prominent which helps inject some class into this perfume.

The middle tones out some amount of the lime which doesn't smell QUITE as abrasive as others have mentioned. However, after the lime settles and there is a balance between the flowers and the lime, the perfume is something I've never smelt before. It's fresh and warm at the same time, progressing into an instance wherein the flowers and the lime completely entwine together. The audience to this beautiful romance is a warm, pleasant, balmy-woody accord.

Soon, the lime departs but not without leaving traces of citric acid everywhere. The florals now blend almost perfectly to the soft woods and tonka to give a very fresh incense-like note. The scent gets warmer and warmer till it departs with a light flutter.

I love Vanitas. It's a simple, well composed floral which never fails to win hearts. Very warm AND fresh at the same time. Worth a try, if not a buy, at least.

tsarina
tsarina

A very fresh fragrance, probably the most "fresh" and green smelling of the current female Versace line. White florals but nor overpowering - a floral perfume calmed by a woody tone. The citrus notes are pale to me (I though they were middle notes) - I would definatly not classify this as a fruity-floral. Versace Yellow Diamond is the more citrusy perfume of the Versace fragrance line. I could imagine a wide age range of women wearing Vanitas,from the fashion-forward 16-year old to a mature woman, it is very versatile and clean.

My instant reaction to my first snift of this was that "I have smelled this before... what is it's dupe?" After I couldn't pinpoint a perfume that smells like this, I finalized realized, yes, my SHAMPOO smells exactly like this. I will not tell you the brand, but now get very bubbly, soap, notes of when I smell Vanitas, probably in part due to the fact that it is a very similar scent as when I am in the shower... washing my hair.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Clean and fresh.

Develops into a creamy floral. Not a sillage bomb, but it does last 6-8 hours. Does very well in humidity and heat.

I think this is rather unisex. It is floral, but not 'flowery'.

If you're a man looking for something a little different, I'd totally try Vanitas; office, boardroom or bedroom.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I was really looking forward to trying this, given the reviews here... but I have to say, for the first little while I thought this was almost boring, the mix of freesia and light citrus left a 'clean' smell on me... nothing too interesting. I changed my mind when the tiare came through, it became a pretty, silky, even a little tropical scent. I don't think it has any 'wow' factor to it... it's just a nice, quiet perfume and I really like it.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

This fragrance is amazing. It is understated elegance.
Aquila_2009, I think I get where you're coming from. To my mind, this conjures up images of a warm day with the sun glinting (radiating star shapes please) off the golden water of a shallow pebbly stream seen through tan-tinted sunglasses. It is sparkly, soft and warm with a crisp definition.
On me the lime is not dominant, but more of a lime blossom which blends well with the tiare. I will be reaching for this one again and again. I love it.

juliatanooshka
juliatanooshka

First smelled it on my friend and automatically fell in love with it. Had to ask her what she was wearing and was surprised as I'd tried the toilette and that one was kind of citrusy and green tea smell. This one had a very pleasant aroma of a little more sweetness and something that I cannot put in notes. After I got my sample and used it I also got compliments. Now I have a full bottles and will enjoy it for a long time.

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

Initially pleasant, citrus-y, then a little sweet, but turns soapy on my skin which I really dislike. In a vanishingly small amount I could imagine wearing this to a job interview or a university seminar.

cobralily
cobralily

This one was a blind buy for me... mostly because I was blinded by the amazing deal at a discount store. However, I really love this one. It's a very pleasant balance of floral, freshness and a hint of subtle, creamy sweetness.

bren400

I tried to add Sand & Sable to the "Reminds me of category" but I guess that it's not on fragrantica's fragrance library:-( I also forgot to add that I'm surprised that coconut wasn't listed as a note.

bren400

Sand & Sable, but better. This fragrance took me WAAAAY back to when I was an Avon fiend (about 10 or 11 years old, '90-'91) and was surfing through a Cosmopolitan magazine for perfume ad strips-lol, at the time, the ONLY thing that I associated the smell with was suntan lotion. I got my parents to buy the perfume for me:-) I was hoping to like this after reading all the positive reviews, but this is NOT something that I wanna smell like after all these years. The bottle is so pretty, but don't like the fragrance anymore.

terigurl
terigurl

I purchased this fragrance yesterday and I'm wearing it to work today and I cannot stop smelling myself. Usually most purfumes would've died down by now. I put it on at 8am and it's now 1pm. The lasting power is unbelievable but not only that, it's such a pleasant fragrance. It's flowery yet very fresh and clean and crisp. I feel very elegant and confident with this perfume. Did I mention the lasting power? lol. A must have!

msveeveevee
msveeveevee

I have decided to make this my signature scent..been going on a hunt for perfumes for a long time..and could not find any scent that is distinctive and suitable for me..every other scent is similar or too plain.

Vanitas is the only scent that always gets me compliments. I wear a lot of perfume and at most they only smell sweet or nice, nothing special. Vanitas makes me smell and feel special.

It lasts a good while in the tropical country where I live. No idea why others say it doesn't last.

sky74
sky74

Boring?! generic?!!, I haven't smelled anything like it or even similar to it. It is so amazing, feminine and sophisticated scent. Elegant, not to mention complex. It is truely one of a kind, what can I say.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Got some samples to try and at first spritz I smelled coconut upon coconut and sugar, but after a little while it developed into a sophisticated, floral scent with a hint of soap. I dont find it boring, as I dont find any perfume I like boring but it is a non offensive, clean type of scent. I would wear it during the day or at night time depending on the occasion. Will test it a few more times to see how I really like it. So far, longevity seems pretty good but its only been 3 hours since I sprayed it on my skin.

dream
dream

It's a kind of perfume that you put under the category of ordinary, not bad not impressive. I agree with a description here stating it's a boring perfume, plus it vanishes quickly, but overall it's OK

field_of_daisies
field_of_daisies

This is a beautiful soft, sheer fragrance.. very clean and feminine.. floral... a little boring! I use this as my work scent!

Flowercat
Flowercat

I feared that this would be a manly fragrance, too sharp and bitter for my girly sensibilities...and upon first spritz it is a little tangy...BUT left to its own devices over time, this beautiful symphony develops into a gentle, fresh uplifting combination. It settles on my skin as simply a bright whiff of springtime sunshine, a soft breeze neither sweet nor tart. But definitely feminine, clean, and wonderful.

Pari88
Pari88

The beginning phase is way too sharp, it burns my nostrils. The middle phase is the best, where creamy coconut-y tiare flower, tonka, something that smells like tuberose and gardenia, and the sharpness from the lime and cedar meet in harmony smelling similar to Datura Noir by Serge Lutens, and this is the best part. The ultimate drydown, or longest phase, is pure Tiare flower with some citrus. I would only use this on a Summer night. It would be safe to say that this is ultimately Versace Crystal Noir mixed with Versace Bright Crystal.

nefe
nefe

I think that vanitas is a great perfume....i love it but I have to admit that it doesn't last long .....:( I'm so sad

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

Versace Vanitas starts very with very sharp citrus and then comes the white flowers mixed with the sweetness of the tonka bean.It's a bit too much for my taste.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This nice, but I find it kind of generic. Still, it's a pleasant floral with lots of citrus. I bought this blind at Marshall's for $30. I like it, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price and when it's gone I probably won't replace it.

katiushka
katiushka

I was searching for a floral bouquet for spring. On a test strip, Vanitas smelled exactly like what I was looking for. On my skin, however, it develops a somewhat offensive aquatic note which turns the smell sour and synthetic. Oh well – need to keep looking!

The projection is quite good without being overpowering: I sprayed one test spray on my wrist, and I can still smell it while typing on my computer.

lafefe

That's my second review and it's completely different from the first one as I had the chance to use it for several days now.
I really have to say that this is good stuff! It's uplifting, casual (not like the name suggests), perfect for summer nights as I imagine it, it's the first fragrance with dominant tiare flower that I like, so I'd suggest it to each non tiare lovers.
My reviews always tend to be short and just give an overall impression of the perfume, well, the traces left by Vanitas are mainly lime, tiare and woods and I can assure you that you will not get enough of it! In my first review I said I only detected woods and thought it was flat but it's not, it's rich and well done!

whatshetalmbout
whatshetalmbout

Scored this at Marshalls today for 30 bucks. I walked out of the store without it but then instantly regretted it. This smells wonderful and reminds me of my mother, who was a lover of Gardenias. the man at the register asked if he could smell it and when he did he goes "you HAVE to buy this."

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I love citrus-florals. That particular category of fragrance I have always seemed to gravitate toward. This fits into that category perfectly. This is creamy, fresh and a bit tart. I love tartness in perfumes, as long as it is balanced by other notes to steer it from becoming sour. If you like Clinique Happy, Versace Bright Crystal, Marc Jacobs Oh Lola, etc. you will like this. I like how this is is straight up floral for when all I need to worry about is smelling fresh and clean with an air of elegance. I wear this to work and you could easily dress this fragrance up or down- on dates or out to lunch. I make sure I put an unscented lotion on and this scent seems to "stick" to my skin that way. I can still smell it 5-6 hours after application, as long as I apply 4-6 sprays. It even gets in my hair and as I toss my hair I can smell whiffs of the beautiful lime-floral composition. I love tiare flower so I knew I would love this. TJ Maxx had the 3.4 oz bottle marked down to a ridiculously low price. I love grabbing bargains!

evhely
evhely

I wore Vanitas everyday 2 years ago and I have received many compliments:)the scent of tiare/lime mix smells so good! it's a lovely and elegant parfum...good lasting and sillage on my skin!!!

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

Felminine soft, sweet, floral with just the right about of sweetness.

I've read reviews online that stated its boring, and I'll admit, yes it has no Pizzaz! But with that being said, I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a safe fragrance that you can wear at work, class, or whoever and not feel like your perfume is wearing you.

Upon first blast, it can be a little too floral. But let it dry down and the lime comes through. Something about the tonka bean and lime composure makes it smell tropical, almost coconutty which makes it reminiscent to BBW'S coconut lime breeze fragrance. But that only lasts for about and hour or two, the it finally dries down to a soft, tonka bean and floral scent.

It smells expensive to me. I plan to make this a spring or summer vacation scent, meaning it'll be the only scent ill take to a warm vacation location,so it can remind me if that time.

Do I recommend. Yes. But you girlies or gentlemen that like a more powerful perfume, this isn't the one for you IMHO.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

My first impression of Versace's Vanitas was of smooth, sweet flowers. The scent is creamy and sweet, really very pretty. While this fragrance has gotten criticized for its lack of uniqueness, even accused of smelling like laundry detergent (which I, for the record, don't get at all), I can still sense the quality and I think it is composed really beautifully. My first thoughts are that Vanitas is simple elegance, super feminine, well done.

etternax
etternax

I only tested this on a paper strip. I did not smell it at the department store so I cannot describe its opening. At home after about 2 hours, I got a very nice smell; very simple and uplifting. It was all about creamy jasmine!! It was hard for me to imagine that a milky jasmine scent would be appealing until I smelt Vanitas. I think this creaminess comes from the Tonka Bean in the drydown mixed with its prominent jasmine note. This is very appealing and feminine, not at all sharp jasmine or edgy composition, just very smooth.
Would like to try it on my skin to see if it suits me!

Bella Amapola
Bella Amapola

I totally love it, it is my new signature perfume. Too bad it doesn't last long.

amanda
amanda

This is my perfume that gets the most compliments everywhere. When im wearing it people, mostly women come to me to ask what is this smell. It was gift, I didnt like it first, it was OK but didnt find it very special, and still dont understand those who find it so amazing. maybe it smells different on me.

sana_me
sana_me

It smells sweet, fresh, sophisticated and surely expensive! I like the bottle too. The only bad thing is that it doesn't stay for a long time.

miss mills
miss mills

Oh man, not the usual I go for but the lime and freesia combo is delicious! I smell jasmine heavily, too, another note I wouldn't normally be so keen on in large doses. This is a heady but perfectly combined mix of delightful notes which are, together, uplifting and sunny. I like it a lot. Might try some more Versace numbers, loved Crystal Noir, can't fault this, what else am I missing out on? This is luxurious, something I could imagine a young socialite gadding about in quite easily!
Edit; I spilt a sample vial of this in my uniform today and all I could smell was gardenias, (must be tiare, a type of gardenia?), which I loooove - and I had a few compliments, too.

polkadot27
polkadot27

It is fruity and floral but not in an over the top way. It is classy sophisticated and refined. Smells expensive and one of the few perfumes that actually is long lasting. If i put it on first thing in the morning i can smell it late at night. Perfect if your looking for a fresh yet sophisticated long lasting perfume.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

It reminded me a lot of Burberry Brit EDT. I already have that one, so I have no use for Vanitas..

AirCitrusWater
AirCitrusWater

Stunning. I just bought this after debating between Bvlgari Coral, La Perla (pink bottle) and Flowerbomb.

Vanitas has the perfect blend for me; a citrus floral with the right balance of softness, freshness, femininity, sensuality and energy. Perfect for every day, every occasion.

It's creamy, it doesn't assault, it's not overpowering, not too sweet. Like a nice, warm floral breeze. Young but disciplined, focused, intense in a good way and beautiful.

Versace got it right, this may end up my signature.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Finally I’ve realized: most of Versace feminine fragrances may not feature unique blends or the best ingredients in perfumery (I’ve also checked the INCI list, let’s pass over…), they don’t have the power to capture my heart (not yet at least), nonetheless I find most of them very well done, polite and versatile without being boring.
Vanitas EDP is my second purchase from this Italian brand, after the dark creamy Crystal Noir, and I’m very happy I've found it in a mini edition (4,5 ml) to enjoy this beautiful fragrance for a little time without having to buy the whole, expensive bottle.

Brightness is definitely the word here: Vanitas is the scented picture of a sunny garden just after the rain during an early summer day.. not that of tropical beaches or exotic forests as the tiare would probably make one think of.
A lively, intense, flashing blast of crispy and delicious lime introduces an unusually rendered tiare note, far from its usual exotic sweetness and combined with the elegant freesia to give it a more refined, crystalline and almost “bossy” feel… (yes, this could easily be worn to office, no matter if you’re the boss or not). As the scent settles on skin, the sparkling and luxurious mood of the fragrance is slightly tempered by a hint of floral creaminess (the tiare, again) that only enhances the politeness and femininity of the composition.
Not much else happens then: if we except the pronounced cedarwood in the drydown this fragrance doesn’t seem to evolve so much, and the longevity is not impressive of course (4 hours I think), but I personally don’t care.. some scents are just meant to stay close to the wearer’s skin and need to be reapplied during day, and I’m perfectly fine with that. If they smell good.

Vanitas evokes positive feelings and thoughts in me, it makes me feel so feminine and strong at the same time. Each time I take a sniff from that cute little bottle I feel good, probably because it reminds me of my beloved summer season. I can’t ask for more… (well, maybe a lower price tag).

Sissi
Sissi

I Walk in Beauty, Feeling the Sun's Gentile rays in the still of the Morning
Vanitas has a quiet Elegance That avoids the Flash of Urbanistic Couture, Instead
relies on the ''Less is More'' simplicity.

The Silage of Vanitas Since I have a Small sample wand so it might have an Different
Effect Then using a spray Bottle, To my Skin it starts out light Then in a minute or
two The scent starts to Gradually builds up more Volume within every Minute,
The Soap Element Seems to be the Dominate in Vanitas but lets the other Notes have a Chance to be noticed,
The sweetness of Tiare Caresses your skin with velvety pure White Petals Lime adds a bit of Tart, The finishing transforms Vanitas from a Scent of Fluid
transparent to a Dry Woodish Scent, Tonka note starts
to appear after 20 Minutes of Applying Vanitas Giving
off a Sweetish resin scent And Cederwood ending Vanitas with Dryness.

hbxo
hbxo

Just received this as a prize from The Perfume Shop, its an OK fragrance. I get a sense of oranges from this sent and a small hint of lime, once again it is an ok fragrance, I like it. Not love it, nor loathe.

serendipity87
serendipity87

my latest perfume. i bought the perfume last week and i just love wearing it because it's not offensive and smells so greenish. at first when you spray it, you will notice that there's nothing special with this perfume. it smells like Max Mara by Max Mara when it is first sprayed. An hour after that, the smell develops to a beautiful scent. trust me. the smell is really nice and you will be quite obsessed with it at first. i just love how it develops on my skin.

VANITAS VERSACE smells expensive and yes, it is expensive.

my friends always compliment me when i wear this perfume.

VERY FRESH AND CLEAN SMELL.

this is actually the very first fragrance i bought under versace brand and this is not a regret.

milamilamilamila
milamilamilamila

flowery fresh, like bathing in the sunny morning, so fresh, flowery and light, I love it !

lenie peters
lenie peters

I wanted a clean and fresh fragrance and thought..."now, I have it"
But the chemistry doesn't work good on my skin...
Who wants to buy my bottle? I have a full bottle..100 ml eau de parfum..
Please contact me if you are looking for the Vanitas. I think 35 euro is ok.
Than I can buy Gaultier Classique eau de parfum. This is one of my favorite.

tamarack
tamarack

Mild floral top notes muted with light woodsy base. Very pleasant, and unobtrusive enough to wear in crowds. Lovely.

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

I Love Versace fragrances!! its such an unusual scent. When I first tried the fragrance I dunno why but I expected something similar to signature Woman. It smelt too complex sort of like JLo glow. But after smelling it a few more times I grew to like it. Its fresh and summery. Reminds me of wealthy woman by the pool or beach.

suzy_claire

Muuuuito bom, cheiro de banho, marcante, elegante, otima fixação.

Reminds me very un air de first x Van Cleef & Apple

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Sorry to be blunt - but what a let down! I got given a sample vial of this when purchasing another perfume and I have to say I found it as boring and unappealing as watching paint dry. I am almost as equally unimpressed by 'yellow crystal'. Both are weak, too citrusy and lacking in any punch, uniqueness, longevity or sillage. You expect a lot more from a so-called high end brand, yet both these two scents are like adding lemony water to your skin with a dash of some non-descript flower.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A while floral which is very feminine, but stays close to the skin after a couple of hours...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1.5 hours - 10 inch projection - The 1st spray put really aggreviated my throat and allergies. This has a chemical edge which is not nice. The scent is white floral - perhaps freesia - with a soapy edge and a slight watery slant...but its main identifier is that it is very feminine, ages 38-45

1.5 hours - 3.5 hours - 7 inch projection. Becomes better as time goes on as it settles down, but I am grasping at straws to see a positive side

3.5 hours - 5 hours - 2 inch projection

5 hours - 9 hours - Close to skin. Generic floral

Perhaps not suitable to allergy sufferers. Also very expensive and booring and nothing special, so not for me

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I tested this in a department store the other day and wasn't overly impressed at first. The first blast seemed a bit cold and clinical, even slightly antiseptic, which I've noticed quite a lot of relatively expensive, mainstream perfumes smell like and which isn't the way I want to smell at all! However, the longer Vanitas was on my skin the better it smelled. After an hour or so I was really liking it and then it was much more a perfume I might actually want to buy at some point! I'd say it's quite a neutral, inoffensive and clean smelling scent and it lasted forever on my skin and until I showered the following day. I don't think it's necessarily a standout or particularly unique scent but it IS very nice and, for me anyway, worthy of buying a bottle!

Razzamatazz
Razzamatazz

i used to really like it but now i find it quite monotonous and overwhelming, almost unpleasant!

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Generic but kind of pleasant with a nice and soft drydown. Pass.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Mmmm!! I loved this on first intial spray!, idk why it's taken me so long to write a review I think I thought I did already lol...I think I might be the only guy reviewing this too haa but hey I'm a gender bender anyways this is such a lovely fragrance from versace , very fresh clean && bright perfect for the spring && summer months. It really lifts my mood when I wear it, I don't like to wear it alone so much but I find when I mix it with my Burberry it's just a breath of fresh air. I work in a fragrance store && pretty much everyone I recommend this too, likes or love's it just not the price so much lol...yeah it's a tad pricey...so i've been filling my atomizer from the store tester haha, but we finally got the 1oz. (which is frakkin adorable) && I get 20% off so I'll act. finally own a bottle haa! Least I know I love it enough to purchase it, but yes it's quite thee enjoyable lil frag. classy refreshing beautiful with just a touch of sexxi, ugh! I love everything about it! :)

Update: I recently got a 1.7oz bottle through swap from dear DKNY27 she's such a lovely soul thank u so much Dar! :)

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Tried it on at a duty free shop. The first hit was really nice and I was very hopeful. After a few minutes it just morphed into a very ordinary scent..just so common and well...a bit ''cheap'' I guess. I was so disappointed because I usually love Versace frags! It just smells like any run of the mill inexpensive drugstore perfume. Shame.

trophywife81
trophywife81

I am a great fan of this fragrance. To me, the notes of lime, honeysuckle, and amber equal glamor, femininity, and sophistication. It smells expenseive, and it IS expensive. On my skin, it lasts an impressive length of time--as do all Versace fragrances, for me anyway.

It's not necessarily a complicated/intriguing scent and I suppose that may be why some find it unremarkable--but everytime I wear it I feel like a million bucks!

Vanitas is an odd one for me. I love the notes, however I hate the way it has been composed. The overall blend, to my nose, smells sharp and somewhat cheap. I'm disappointed as I usually have a lot of respect for Versace and their perfumes.

Modern perfumery tends to be following a certain trend, and that is; imitation. I find very little difference between Vanitas, Gucci Guilty and Lady Million, for example. Had you blind-folded me and asked me to guess what this perfume was, just from smelling a scented strip of paper, I probably would have spent half a year trying to narrow it down.

Vanitas starts off with sweet tiare flower and zesty, green lime, which showed a lot of promise. However, sharp, soapy interludes of freesia and a tart-like champagne accord, kind of ruined the moment. I may have considered a purchase had this fragrance been cheap, but let's be honest, would you really pay nearly a hundred dollars to own a full bottle of this?

I would expect my laundry powder to deliver this kind of scent, as I want my clothes to be strongly scented after washing. I don't wish for my skin to be quite so perfumed. A little really does go a long way.

The drydown aims to be slightly vanillic and woodsy, however I just find the blend even sharper and more unpleasant than before. Had Versace toned down this fragrance's heavy-going sillage, I may have found it much more tolerable.

I refrain from calling Vanitas a white floral. To my nose, it's a clean floral with fruity undertones. More like the scent of upmarket, hotel toiletries. I'm not entirely put off by this fragrance, but I must admit it wasn't what I was searching for, or even hoping to find.

dkny27
dkny27

Everything about this says I should love it, but after purchasing, after trying to love it,,, even like it, there is just too much of a generic, handed down, quality to the frag. Must be something I associate this with that doesn't work....
If anyone is interested in this, please PM me for a swap.............. Sad it didn't work out though...

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin this is an interesting white floral. I usually detest most white florals. The most pronounced notes on my skin are the tiare flower, lime and a bit of freesia and a little cedar. I usually love cedar and lime on my skin. I don't smell the tonka bean at all. For a white floral this isn't too bad, but, it's not my cup of tea.

This reminds me very much of D&G's Feminine which is also a white floral.

Watch out for bees and hornets when you wear this, they love it!

If you like white florals you will love this, it does last a long time on the skin too.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I love this, I usually stay away from freesia as it just smells like soap, I hate soapy perfume. Yes this just smells like soap to me, I get no lime :-( no cedar, just soap; yet this is such a beautiful scent. I have a mini of this so its perfect I will run out before I get tired of it and that's a good thing.

Edit: at first blast its all Tiare Flower and I feel like I am on an island for maybe 20 seconds then its all Fressia after that which means "soap". After a few hours its actually a lovely soft slightly powdery scent, absolutely wonderful. But wears really close to the skin.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This isn't boring!!!!! This is understated. It's like a whisper of a white flower off the hit sand with the ocean air flowing in over you as you walk the beach before you dash off to dinner on the shore in your yellow gold jewelery and white linen dress.......its simply fresh and so pretty. The notes are remarkable. I don't think its overpriced because nothing else captures the white flower this way. It's not harsh.its really smooth. The notes mix together really well. I am slightly disappointed in the bottle as perfume us art and it should be more eyecatching at this pricepoint. I think something with seashells would have been beautiful. The lasting power is also disappointing on me. I get an hour out of it. This is one I will be glad to keep spraying throughout the day because I just adore this one so much. This could be worn to work, dinner, the beach, the mall, anywhere. I think its non offensive but still remarkably ladylike. I think that thus one is ok for any age range but I see it really going with 25 plus....while the perfume is there it has amazing scillage. I like it. I don't think its boring. I was really refreshed to see a laid back pretty perfume that doesn't smell like air freshener or cotton candy. A good gift idea as no one should hate this violently and most will like it.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I just tested it this weekend and to be frank, after reading the notes, it doesn't smell anything like what I expected it to smell. If I did a blind smell test, I would have never in the million years known that this has tiare flower and tonka bean which are happened to be one of the favorite notes.
I get citrus but to me it doesn't smell like lime, more like bergamot and the rest smells like orange blossom and woods. If I had to pick a fragrance that this bears a close resemblence to, I would pick Jadore by Dior. I can't understand where people see resemblance to Avons Today because I own it and its all about white florals like gardenia which are not in Vanitas at all. These two are completely different fragrances.
I think Vanitas is rich sophicticated floral and I picture socialite in her 40s, wearing a Chanel suit when I smell this. Bottle is gorgeous and very heavy.
I wouldn't buy it for myself but its a nice scent even though its not terribly unique

ticalica
ticalica

This is a clean and delicate floral that smells very similar to The Body Shop's Ananya.. at least to my nose..
It is an inoffensive scent that will suit many noses but it can be seen as boring if worn everyday, but overall, it is well-made, but I expected it to be a little more expensive-smelling when comparing the scent to its price

tharkulj
tharkulj

I tested it last years it was warm fresh and so pretty. Today I try it again 'Vanitas' smell fresh at first after 30 minutes it getting warm I can smell a lot of tiare but I don't like tiare!... it remind me of 'Marry me!'by Lanvin which I like better:). It dry drawn after 2-3 hours I can smell much of white floral like 'Forever by Mariah' Vanitas for me is so sweet and creamy.
I like top note but dislike the dry drown.
The staying power of Vanitas is really good just 2 or 3 spays can last all day!

Starry Eyed
Starry Eyed

Once I tried it on a sunny spring day. I totally loved it back then - it smelled very rich and a little bit fruity with a touch of peach. I got it in winter and it doesn't smell the same anymore. Everything that I get when I apply it on my wrists is something sharp and sweet like honey (and I hate honey!). I keep thinking that when the cold days are over (here in Moscow it's still not warm enough), Vanitas will be the perfume I fell in love with.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I finally got a bottle of this after loving it for months. I've been wearing it for the last couple of days and sadly it gives me a headache which is heartbreaking for me cos I REALLY adore the fragrance! :( But I'm going to keep persisting with this one and hopefully soon i'll get used to it - really don't want to give this one up cos it's so lovely. Initially i thought it was cos i'd sprayed on too much yesterday that i had a throbbing headache - today I just put on a couple of sprays and 30 mins later the headache from yesterday was back! :( Regardless of everything it's definitely worth a buy and a lovely scent.

Edit: So today I wore vanitas again after taking about a 2 week break from it, I only put 2 prays on myself and a small spritz on each wrist keeping in mind the headache i get from this otherwise gorgeous scent. And....thank God finally no headache wearing vanitas today. It's been 6 hrs since i put it on and I still get whiffs of it so it's got great longevity on me atleast and only needs a couple of sprays! I'm just glad I can go back to wearing it now that i've figured out that with this one a little goes a long way! :)

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

If you got stuck on the fence about some scent and then it disappeared, was discontinued, etc., be patient, in a few years you will meet something familiar. I remember the times when I chose Serpentine Sliver for tricky office. Whether it is tiare that is responsible for adjusting oneself in natural selection environment or something else, Vanitas just equips me with healthy conformism but in a rather pure, non-cynical, and in a more creamy, comparing to SS, way. Being the one, somebody, actually, called it ‘mono scent’, it smells like many, a very ‘office unit’ creature. Back to those days, I was about to buy Serpentine Silver, but then I found it sooooo boring to purchase such rational in core perfume with such a rational scheme in mind, it just kills all primary motivation in possessing fragrances… So I doubt if I’ll ever buy a full bottle of Vanitas, but I’ll finish my sample vial efficiently for sure. And I find both – the sample vial and the bottle packaging rather fresh, cute and stylish.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I love this perfume. I have tested and tested it and I think it is a little like the bvlgari perfumes. It doesn't smell like any of them but it is fresh and classy but with enough notes to make it interesting. I sprayed the card and it changes a lot from when it is first sprayed. When it settles it is just a lovely perfume not too much of anything. I always had the Versace Signature I think it is called and people say that reminds them of Jadore and I agree it can be a little sharp. I think Signature has been discontinued and this one is to sort of replace it. At first I was really annoyed but I have tested this a number of times and I think it smells better than Signature although I still like Signature.

This lasted very well too. It is not too expensive either and could be worn to the office but it is sophisticated enough to be worn out at night or to a wedding. I think younger people could wear it also.

I love it and one day I will get a bottle but I have made too many purchases lately so I will have to wait. All you lucky ones who have it enjoy it you smell lovely!!

niharikaceejo
niharikaceejo

When i first tried this perfume in a mall i loved it.It was very fresh,calm and unique.I brought home a small sample.but now the smell kind of gives me a headache,in my opinion its a little overpowering.

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I absolutely love, love, love this fragrance! Soft and creamy, yet fresh, clean and fully divine. Vanitas Versace opens strongly with freesia, followed by Tiare with hints of lemon, then goes into a soft, clean floral fragrance that makes me want to smell my wrist constantly. Divine!! An absolutley must have!

Jag absolut ääääääälskar denna doft!!! Soft och krämig men samtidigt ren, fräsch och helt gudomlig. Vanitas Versace öppnas starkt med fresia, efterföljt av Tiare med inslag av lemon, övergår sedan till en mjuk, ren blommig doft som får mig vilja dofta min handled konstant. Gudomlig!!!! En absolutare man måste ha!!!

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Versace stole the name "VANITAS" from Profumum's house : shame on them !!!!
Very disappointing from them, really, as much as truly unacceptable : I hope fragrances authorities are gonna react !!!!

harini_20
harini_20

Lovely fragrance love it!!!!! Latest addition to my wardrobe...!!!!!!

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

I've tried it today. Pleasant feminine scent which lasted long on my wrist. Nothing special, but still nice, clean and very linear lime floral. Detectable but not outstanding. Easy to wear, could be nice for free time and could be good going to office fragrance, as well.
Price value ? I'm not sure if it's ok!

kris919
kris919

When I bought this,it was the official end of my Versace-false love and the end of my novice, clueless, not-knowing-what-I-liked-thing. I really only got into perfumes heavy, last year. In the 80s, I wore Giorgio, Liz Claiborne, and occasionally Anais Anais. In the 90s, I wore CK one, Oscar, and still Liz Claiborne. In the 2000s, I wore Amour Amour, Philosophy- the fragrance, and STILL Liz Claiborne occasionally.Zzzzzz. Perfumes weren't any big deal to me and I didnt wear them everyday. But last year, I started an innocent hunt for a perfume that was perfect for me, and in the process I got a little obsessed. Bright Crystal was my first purchase. I bought it based on the salespersons raves, it did smell pretty good. It wasn't me, but it was kinda nice. The next Versace I bought was Versense. better. woody citrus. Next was Crystal Noir. I bought tons of other perfumes too during this time, I was testing and blind buying as well. But I thought perhaps Versace was the house I liked the best (based on three "ok" perfumes?..what did I know right?)
So when I read about Vanitas coming out, I was like..this sounds nice.I still had no clue what I liked. Bought it at Nordstrom. 1st impression: sweet & strong. I wanted to like it, so I bought it pretty blindly. 2nd impression: headache. 3rd impression: migraine. 4th impression: get this crap off of me!!!!5th impression: it's not coming off!! 6th impression: no more Versace.
I needed to read more, test more, get more educated, enjoy the journey whereever it takes me. I didn't need " the one" right away. Im just enjoying the process. I love reading blogs, message boards, perfumes:the guide, online reviews, reading about perfume notes, etc. Since then, I've made many twists and turns and found many loves and likes, and I know now exactly what I like, and Im also pleasantly surprised when i find something I think I'll hate, and I end up loving it. Fun stuff.
To Versace: it's not you, it's me... yeah, you were there for me in the beginning, but I had to dump you. we're better off apart. As far as Vanitas on me: it was a strong overly sweet white floral, the lime was not there. boring. headache-inducing. massive headache. I refused to smell another white floral for the rest of my life because of this perfume. Although I did have the opportunity to smell fracas very recently, and if someone is going to wear white florals...that is clearly the one you want. very nice! As for me..I'll stick with leather, citrus, wood, amber, and incense

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

This is an absolutely delightful floral fragrance. Vanitas is feminine, fresh, soft, and pretty. It is non-offensive and would work well in an office environment during the day. I can see a bride or wedding guest wearing Vanitas to a spring or summer wedding. It reflects Versace's style of elegance, which is classy and chic, not bold or provocative like some other designers.

whiten
whiten

it is quite powdery if I remember correctly. I remember liking it. must try again, can't be sure if it is winter-ish or more summer suitable...

violetta1975
violetta1975

I was crazy for this scent. Then i bought it and after one week i could not use it anymore. I smellt nothing else but sweet syrup. Its sweet and empty for me... i still have the whole bottle.

Timetoski

I agree, magnificent! It's hard to find a fresh clean floral that lasts and this does!

mitra-floral
mitra-floral

it's magnificent. love its smell

Tovah
Tovah

When I first saw this fragrance, I assumed it would be cold and disturbing. I don't get the name "Vanitas" for this scent. I know that Vanitas can mean "emptiness", and Vanitas is a type of art that symbolizes death; a momento mori. The word has been translated as "vanity of vanities", which isn't a very appealing name, if you ask me. It's an odd title for such an exuberant, joyful fragrance.(I don't know Italian, so maybe translation is lost on me.) The Vanitas fragrance is anything but empty. It's a lush, tropical floral, and it's absolutely, richly gorgeous. It's not sweet in a sugary way, but it's floral like a garden in Tahiti. In fact, it could be named fittingly for a romantic island get-away. Vanitas smells like tiare and ginger lily in the top notes. I know ginger lily isn't a note listed, but, nevertheless, it connotes ginger lily, and a bit of muguet. Vanitas has an extremely interesting base, which appears strongly in the drydown. I suppose it's made of lime, tonka, and cedar, but it smells like an entity in itself (as a good fragrance should). It calls to mind palms, bromeliads, and orchids. Vanitas is definitely tropical, but it's no pineapple juice-coconut-body spray. This is an adult, sexy scent. It's one of those fragrances that has a hold on me, and welcomes itself like a happy memory.

To my nose, Versace VANITAS is primarily a white-floral perfume of the gardenia-centric kind. The composition is fairly perfumey and rich but it is really very big in gardenia/tiare. The other components are mere garnishes, it seems to me. Even the freesia is fairly low-key (in contrast to Michael Kors GOLD, another recent launch capitalizing on people's obsessions with shiny things, where freesia is by far the loudest voice in the floral chorus).

VANITAS seems like a fine tiare/gardenia perfume to me. Nothing new, but pretty good, if white flowers happen to be your thing. If, however, you are one of the pour souls who is prone to white flower headaches, then you'll want to apply this powerful perfume very lightly. A little goes a long way, as is usually the case with big white floral creations, in my experience.

Superclassy! At first a bit strong but softens quickly down to a pleasant scent of Tiare and Freesia. This parfum is not sugarsweet like many moderns are. Wonderful flowers and at basenote there is great tonkabeans and a shy cedar..This scent stays close to me so next person have to stand close to get a sniff, I like these kind of perfumes alot.Sadly- after 1½ hour its gone.

Härlig! först är den lite stark när man just sprejar på den men den mjuknar snabbt ner till en härlig doft med Tiare och freesia. Den är inte sockersöt som många moderna dofter är, och det gillar jag. Härliga blomnoter och mjukvarma tonkabönor och en svag ceder i basen..ingen högljudd doft - nästa person behöver stå ganska nära för att känna denna härliga doft. Jag gillar den typen av smygarparfymer. Tråkigt nog så doftar den ingenting efter 1½ timme.

jae
jae

I LOVE the negative reviews. This usually indicates that it's going to be very pleasant on my skin. PLEASANT.. This is the word that best describes Vanitas. It's not dramatic, earth-shattering or breath-taking. It's simply pleasant. Sometimes that's all you need; a laid-back, easy-going fragrance that's a joy to wear. While the sillage isn't massive and the longevity appears to be moderate, this makes for a perfect casual "white shirt fragrance". The lime and freesia take the lead on my skin with the tiare flower on the side. It's floral, fresh and light-hearted throughout the development. There's no need for a deep "personality" in this fragrance. It's just pleasant.

alxandra.josé
alxandra.josé

i love it

WeezieBella
WeezieBella

I love Vanitas. It is has a fresh smell and lasts long. The only problem I have is that the bottle leaks. I bought it at an airport dutyfree shop, put it in my handbag, and when I got home, everything smelt of Vanitas!! That is wonderful, except that I have used it once only and already 25% of the bottle is gone :(

Migalex
Migalex

Fantastic perfume. One of my top favourites of this century. Great smell, and great projection, altough never overpowering. The smell is absolutely wondeful, at least for me, to a point of being disturbing in a positive way. The dominant notes, to me, are lime and freesia. Absolutely marvelous. Congratutalions to the perfumer. It is a piece of art, and I never tire of it. Not too sweet, not to anything, just perfect. And I do not find it commoon at all. It does not remind me of any other fragrance, I find it unique. It does not smell complex but does it have to? The only minus side is the staying power. It is not really bad and it took me wearing it lots of times to come to think that is not very good either. At first I even thought it was good but now I am more inclided to say that it is not very good. That does not stop me from loving it though.

Timetoski

I've been looking for a fresh, clean floral that LASTS! My favorite is Chance Eau de Tendre, but I almost have to use it like a body mist, it's so light and short-lived. I love a floral, but sometimes they can be a bit stuffy if not blended with a citrus. This Vanitas is perfect. I thought I smelled Orange blossom, until I read up on the notes, and it is a citrus and tropical flower, so I was close. Smells warm, fresh and clean all at the same time, with great sillage and longevity (compared to similar fragrances). Unlike my Chance Eau Tendre, it's an EdP so I purchased it immediately.

ward.w.3ood
ward.w.3ood

It's fantastic

aftab1362n
aftab1362n

i tested this perfume ,i m not interested in it.this is a little harsh

Mushana
Mushana

this fragrance is very similar to DKNY Woman....impersonal, yet alluring!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I have a difficult time understanding all these bad reviews.

This is an excellent green perfume and there is nothing generic or boring about it.
It is like a balanced bittersweet martini.

The tiare-freesia-lime theme echoes somehow like hidden green apple or pear.

There is a bitterness omnipresent, very much welcomed if I may say. Something that reminded me of Tendre Poison in a subtle way.

I find it very elegant and desirable, still a bit expensive compared to other similar launches.

maryar7
maryar7

I had it for 5 months...i loved it and today when i was in school i put down my bag *and there was a perfume in the bag...it brokes :( all bag smelled good and thats the best thing :P ,and all classroom smelled on VERSACE VANITAS... i was sad but nevermind ..
heey.i forgotten , i used to save about 20 ml.in the bottle :D yeaaah ! :P
so,the 'versace vanitas' bottle is bad bottle and it can get broke fastly...the sent is OK

Blessed
Blessed

Sexy one, nothing new but will be perfect choice to be more HOT and Sexy

artsymom
artsymom

The lime and floral really stand out, mostly the freesia rather than the tiare. Stays fairly crisp on the dry down (most things turn to powder or vanilla on me). It is a fresh scent- no spice. I'd say it falls into the category of Omnia Crystalline or Lanvin's Eclat D' Arpege, which I love. I prefer those two over this one, though. This is a little sharper and more citrusy - there is a soapy floral quality in the dry down, however, that reminds me of Jessica McClintock.

UPDATE: After wearing this for over 4 hrs., it now smells like clothes fresh out of the dryer or off the clothes line. Is that air/ozone mixed with garden smells? I like it! But it's very soft- weak sillage.

topsylala
topsylala

I am actually wearing this fragrance today. I have received good compliments from colleagues in the office. I think its is quite nice actually for floral scent lovers. It is longlasting as well.

dreambiology
dreambiology

Boring floral

melancholybaby

I am not a huge floral fan, but I did try this one on after a strip sniff. Reasonably light and airy, a nice crisp opening. The development was not as successful for me. It became a messy floral composition, with nothing special to differentiate it from several other recent arrivals. Oh, well...

andrada2003
andrada2003

Smells very green on me. Clean, crispy, fresh. All green leaves. I could use it at gym, probably. Seems I don't have a love affair vith Versace anymore, I gave some friends Woman and Crystal Noir, but I'm still interested in trying Versus.

renujean
renujean

One of the few fragrances that actually turned out decent on my skin, the soft floral aroma is almost enough for me to make up my mind. But there's always a catch...

The staying power of Vanitas is so terrible.

sham_1983
sham_1983

I like it, and will get it!

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

My first impression of this is was floral and it seemed not too bad, then as the middle notes come out it turns into something a little to sweet that I don't like. Once it has worn off quite a bit it ends up being ok. This scent doesn't last long on me, and I had to re-apply it 4 hours later. I kind of switch between not minding it and then I don't like it because it gets too sweet. I hate to write a not-so-favorable review for this, but it really is not a perfume that will stand out from the crowd. (You could probably get a different fragrance that smells similar for less money) If you like sweet florals this is a good every day fragrance for you. In some ways not lasting very long will give a person the option of wearing a different fragrance at night if they so choose. Being a sweeter floral I would say this is a good daytime fragrance. With the hint of lime in it (the citrus notes in it are *very* short lasting) I would say it is best suited for spring and summer use. I personally won't purchase this item as im not too fond of it, but I will use the little bottle I have for when I just want to smell like something.

ladymillion123456789

Vanitas is a lovely fragrance put very simple with all the hype this fragrance has had on websites you would expect something extraordinary after all this is a Versace couture perfume project The Most fashionable fragrance by versace so far the brand says. To me this is a nice fresh scent that is perfect for a nice summer day but nothing more than that with the ad and the name vanitas i was expecting it to be a seductive and strong scent like crystal noir i do think i will by this fragrance one day but for now i have other fragrances on my i want list that i will get first but overall nice bottle nice fresh lime scent i like it but not in love with it good for summer hot days and the advert is stunning love Lindsay Wixson Smokey blue eyes eyes and the dress very gorgeous would like to have a dress like that in my wardrobe someday.

I must say good work to the house of versace not a bad job but it could have been better.

aniston
aniston

Just a so-so, common perfume. Nothing to be excited about.

stellalove
stellalove

As soon as i smelt this i could detect Beautiful Love, it dried down to be like Chloe Love. I am a little unsure what i think yet, Trying to like it as it cost alot!.

misssimi
misssimi

it's perfect for this summer♥

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A squeaky clean floral, perhaps generic to many reviewers here. But I do find that there are few big white florals I can wear comfortably (ie, without getting a migraine). Vanitas has managed to give these beautiful flowers some gorgeous allure making me want to sniff my wrist continuously, rather than holding my breath out of fear of inhaling the perfume equivalent of a brain freeze when drinking an icy cold drink too fast.

Vanitas opens with strong, youthful freesia which itself is intense but not what I call a big white floral, then lime cuts right through with it's clarity as it introduces the tiare with a radiant welcome. I find that lime in perfumes not only lends some citric interest, but also provides a wonderful compliment that offers a somewhat creamy accord (maybe this is where another reviewer gets the coconut likeness). Tiare then remains ever present and truly is the star in this floral beauty, smelling not unlike a bouquet of gardenias with a little green tinge.

Tonka creates a sensual drydown and adds some warmth to the floral creaminess while the citrus remains a nuance. Cedar is a clever note in keeping this flower diffusively clean.

I actually think this would be a beautiful fragrance for a bride on her wedding day as I find this very charismatic, elegant, inviting and inoffensive (some may read generic again), and I agree 100% percent with K1, "Dry down is horribly perfect!"

allpur
allpur

This is a lovely fragrance, indeed. Has anyone tried Estee Lauder Beautiful Love or The Body Shop's Ananya or Burberry London for Women before? Undeniably, they do share one thing in common with this fragrance - Tiare flower. Except in Vanitas the overall scent is more round and smooth. None of the other combined notes try to stand out or becoming dominant. These supporting notes are really well-blended with the Tiare note (the main theme of this fragrance) producing a very harmonious marriage of a scent, leaving me with the utmost happiness and contentment every time I inhale this fragrance. It is quite heady yet airy, subdued yet profound. It is the citrus note at the top what makes this supposedly intense, heady white-flower oriented scent into a more refreshing one. The woody ending simply adds a wonderful complexity to Vanitas making it more dynamic and has more character. Try it out and allow your heart to see the beautiful side of this fragrance. Don't let bad comments justify this fragrance for you. Just like one of Celine Dion's songs say,'Let Your Heart Decide'.

Louw
Louw

Really disappointed by this one. At first it's quite crisp and fresh and not unlike Ralph Lauren's Romance. It loses that very quickly, however, then just smells very strongly of lily - even though that's not one of the listed notes - with an undertone that reminds me of cheap sunscreen. Yuk.

dlb4ever
dlb4ever

Sometimes less is more...and I find this with Versace Vanitas. Not very many notes but it blends so well and the dry down is so beautiful!! I almost didn't get this one but after sampling it a 2nd time, the heavenly finish to this perfume made it a "must have" for me. I enjoy the lime in the top notes, it keeps it light and fresh. I'll admit the few notes makes it more linear but it still is a wonderful, beautiful fragrance that I will enjoy wearing.

Lottis
Lottis

Thought Vanitas was a less good purchase...
I din't care so much fore this one at first but I received surprisingly many compliments during a day. That made me think it over and tried to wear it now and then - and still I got a lot of compliments... all the time!!
Ok... it's really fresh and a bit sophisticated but simple - Still not a super great perfume to my nose... but all these people cant be wrong? They seem to love it!!

Wear it daytime, summer.
And ok... I like it.. who don't want to get loads of compliments al the time :)

maltatude
maltatude

LOVE THIS ONE!!

Sophisticated aldeydic floral! Great for office wear. And what I love is how it smells different on the clothes, to the body... I know most perfumes do... But this is really a 2 for 1 kinda deal, it's amazing how different it is from one to the other. Decent longevity too! I am getting this ASAP. Cannot live without it!

edit: I've now burned through 3 bottles.

marrojas
marrojas

I know some people don't like it at all, but for me it works great...it's a bit sweet with a fruit touch and for me it's perfect. I have received many compliments :)

I had a sample of it and sprayed it on my fresh shirt: mistake. It smelled strongly like bug-spray and developed to be intensely soapy after 2 hours. I couldn't stand it anymore and had to change the shirt.

Migotka
Migotka

Vanitas is not a very exciting scent. There is some lovely freesia and some woody notes that are quite pleasant. But as many poeple mentioned, it is quite boring. Not even safe, just a copy of a copy of something we know and have tested many times before.

I think when it comes to 'city' fragrances, Burberry does a great job, and vanitas kind of reminds me of their Weekend and The Beat, but lacks something the other two have. A no for me, but perhaps may appeal to people looking for safe fragrances for daily wear.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

What???????????????????? u$80 / 100 for a typical and generic floral fragrance?

c'monnnnnnnnn...

Matin
Matin

I love it * This gives me light, soft, clean sensations . Is simply ,elegant and female. Not a great innovation but it is perfect for daily use, office ...makes me feel good without offending anyone. There is only one big problem for me
I think Vanitas has little time on my skin, anything :(
If this is so would be a shame.

Pout
Pout

It is perfect for job interview- I got several offers after interviews I was wearing this scent for, I chose the best one:) Generally good for any kind of work- related meetings,although sillage is wow.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Vanitas is beautiful, is nothing original, has shocking sillage and is overall pleasant and lovable. It reminds me of an old perfume... Maybe a Burberry, I don't know. It definitely is generic, but it's a nice bright floral which doesn't change much and lasts at least 4 hours. As friends stated below, Vanitas is a perfectly safe fragrance for day-wear. And it has a beautiful bottle. Lately sleek bottles in gold tones or that are embedded with gold metallic are trending and I must say I'm loving it.

delphine67
delphine67

I have smelled this perfume yesterday, and I find it a weak perfume. Very poor sillage. The notes of white flowers doesnt apeal to me. For a Versace I can say that it doesnt last on skin very long either. Not a scent for me.

100perfumes
100perfumes

at the beginnig i was really disapoined .but i found my self reuturn to the sample again and again, very easy to use , .. crispy rose , not specilas but worth a try ... its light version of chleo edp

the bottle doesnt reflect the juice inside at all!///ammmm ..maybe the simplcity ..but i was except to clasic chypress perfume from this bottle

Lujza
Lujza

Oh my God, what a shame!
At first: the bottle is very cheap made, I expected something more, more elegant, more sophisticate...
Second: the notes are too boring to use
Third:and it last ...lets see one , two , wow three hours ...
c'mon guys,We want more from Versace!

Alexandrarae

Update...have just rechecked Versace site and there it was!! Have to get my eyes tested again! As one belissena has said it is a "smooth white foral, pleasant and elegant" I will definitely give it a go.

Alexandrarae

I am really puzzled as to why this perfume is not listed under the Versace wardrobe of perfumes. I love Versace Versace which to my mind, going on the notes, has to be a better performer than this one but am willing to give it a try. Definitely sounds more a summer fresh fragrance than an autumn/winter one. Had to do a lot of digging to find it - now know how to work the "find a fragrance" part so guess I have learned something!

gigiletta
gigiletta

smells like essence etheral from same company.but more citrusy and longlasting.not too fresh but perfect heavenly floral a few hours ago.tonka bean more delicious than vanilla or musk for summer.i am ready to smell like this at summer nights :)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I tried it on the paper strip today and it smells like a dated floral, really for a mature crowd. I guess it is a matter of taste, I prefer versace signature.

lafefe

I really wanted to love this one and write a positive review but I tried it on paper and I don't smell any fresia, any tiare! Vanitas is a flat woody scent, I only smell wood, it's very soft but absolutely forgettable. I'll try it again on skin and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

it's a really nice perfume!citrusy/floral :)
I'm using my mini of it now!it's good for early spring!

ladymillion123456789

and also what do they mean Vanitas is meant to be Versace’s “couture” perfume offering, and will be more expensive than other Versace fragrances.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Hmm...is it just me or does this smell exactly like detergent?

Now detergent is not a bad smell, per se. It's what makes our clothes smell clean but I'm not sure I would want a high-priced perfume to smell like that.

And I'm getting tired of all this misleading advertising. The ad shows you a pretty blonde chick with heavy eyemakeup and the cinematography is filmed in a quirky manner to show that this perfume is EDGY, SEXY, and UNIQUE.

Er, no. This perfume is none of the above. The ad should show a lady at home, doing laundry and watching reality shows. I don't need a perfume to showcase that, I already do that on my own.

But the name does fit the perfume. The word Vanitas is Latin meaning "emptiness." This perfume is definitely empty of personality, character, and charisma. Vanitas indeed!

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

A beautifyl fragrance which I didn't like at the first smell. I could then only smell the citrus.
The second time I tried I was hooked, it's like a tropical floral breeze.
I have a difficulty in trying to describe what I'm smelling but I believe that there is a similarity with one of the perfumes from Guess that I have had before, maybe it's the freesia more balanced in Vanitas. The similarity I sense is good in Vanitas but was bad in Guess due the candylike sweetness I experienced and also the reason I threw out the Guess bottle (although a bit curious of trying it again).

I feel very clean and elegant when wearing this perfume and it is a moodlifter of highest rank.
It cannot go wrong in any way or any place -it's a safe card. I wouldn't call it "my signature scent" but it's the one I nowadays reach for when I'm not in mood for the darker/heavier perfumes. Hm...maybe that qualifies for a signature...nah, not yet.

The sillage is good, longevity medium.

I believe that the basenote composition is shifted towards cedar and not showing as much of the tonka beans. Maybe the reason also why I experience it so fresh all the time. There cannot be that much of the tonka beans because my skin would usually pick up and enhance this note to the sweet/vanillish range of the scale.

I highly recommend it :)!

susiechoo
susiechoo

Probably my next spring scent. I really like it. It's fresh and very present but not too sharp or overpowering.

I do agree with other reviewers in that it is not the most unique of scents but i appreciate that this perfume is a lovely combination of "softness" and "cleanliness". Perfect for daywear.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I find this somewhat similar to Burberry Brit. The lime is present, although the perfume isn't citrusy. The tonka bean-cedarwood base is present, although the perfume isn't woody.

It's a sweet, simple white floral fragrance, balanced on one end with the edginess of the lime note, and on the other end with the creaminess of the tonka bean-cedarwood base. It's not for me (I find the amount of freesia in this fragrance overwhelming), although I can think of several people who would enjoy it.

antonpan
antonpan

This is simply white flowers on a lime base. Nothing more, nothing special. No vanilla, no tonka beans.

andreeva
andreeva

I love that fragrance. For me in the dry down there is some vanilla. The perfume is subtile, elegant, feminine and sophisticated. I prefer to use it at night.

melia
melia

To me, vanitas smells like a more easier to wear Chloé. Also fresh and feminine, just... more simple-minded.

rainydays
rainydays

This is a fragrance for the woman who loves anything modern, luxurious, and border-line arrogant. It's clearly a floral composition... while the lime is there, don't expect this to be a citrus perfume. I'm enjoying it! It is quite linear, I'll admit. There's nothing here that really screams I'M SPECIAL. But if you want attention on you and not solely your fragrance, something fresh but not pink & ruffles, something mature but not potpourri, then try it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I definitely detect lime in the opening, and I was sure there was another fruity note as well because of the delicate sweetness, but I guess the lime carries into the heart. It reminds me of D&G Light Blue.

I agree that this is a safe perfume, certainly appropriate for the office or for running daily errands. It's well-rounded, balanced, simple, and classic. While I do like this fragrance, I feel it has been done before, and for that reason I would not buy it myself.

allexa27
allexa27

it is nice,but is sooo transparent and not long lasting that it is not worth buying it.It smells like mild gardenia

zvoncica
zvoncica

Wonderfully beautiful Vanitas is!

From the first moment love happened to us. Vanitas opens as floral citruses, gentle and sparkling simultaneously. What a lovely joy! Immediatly I sensed creamy ambience (slight cream) and woody musk wallpaper covering. I kept smelling my hand. Hell, I started to annoy people saying -ohhh, smell this. Isnt it lovely?- Vanitas has quite good lasting time (around 6 hours) and made me really happy (as you could guess from description:).

Versace made excellent summer scent two years ago, Versense. That same beauty is reborn in Vanitas. None scent ever came to magnificent similarity to Un Jardin sur le Nil as Vanitas did that day on my wrist.

The advantage goes to Hermes. For the tiny tip of the spear.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A beautiful floral perfume.

The opening is floral fresh, flirtatious and young.

The floral is neither cloying nor powdery but elegant

with a hint of sweetness.

I like the top and middle notes but not the last notes as the scent changes. I would prefer this perfume to stay on the floral side. I think the cedar and tonka bean change it too much.

The strength is meant to linger for a short magical period of time, like when a girl passes by a boy and he catches this beautiful scent. In a moment, the girl is gone, and so is the scent.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

well, this is very ordinary flower scent... nothink special, nothin unique... it is boring and simple...

vertigo
vertigo

I've noticed I write more negative reviews recently ... Is it me or the perfumes?
This one will be no exception.

I think this perfume is weak.
I agree with other reviewers.
A safe choice for the office or other formal occasions - warm season daywear.
It lacks everything I look for in a perfume - naturalness, uniqueness, some spirit, some claw ...

I don't like lime which I can smell a lot, but I don't get the tiare which I like (I'd love to get what the previous reviewer smelled!).
I mostly get lime + PEONY.

I think it falls right into the category of modern fragrances with a vintage feeling - like Chloe & Eaudemoiselle.

Next, please!

nezzabel
nezzabel

A pleasant fragrance, it's all I can say!

It's a fresh tiare scent, with a tropical feeling to me. I think I smell coconut water in the top notes! Why is this launched in Autumn? I don't understand!
I think this is a nice (just nice) fragrance for Summer.

Nothing offensive, is suitable for wear at work, but in my oppinion, it's an ordinary fragrance and... boring. It's not unique, it's not complex, actually it's quite simple, and with very little personality!

For a fresh and wonderful tiare scent I humbly suggest Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa!

lexina
lexina

I have already tried it today. it is very floral and pleasant. not too sweet, not too fresh. perfect for daily use in the office e.g. if you need something non-offensive, this is a good choise.

gesch
gesch

Edit: 02/17:
Now I've tested it too.
Can't say I'm pro or con to this fragrance - just a boring uninvolved.
I tested it yesterday afternoon and already I can't really remember single notes. More like white flowers with mild cedar and a creamy vanillic undernote.
I would never buy it myself - but if somebody gifted it to me I would have no qualms about wearing it - it's a safe choice I guess. Doesn't have to mean it's a bad fragrance, just not very special.

ahemmm,OFF TOPiC (mostly)

I kind of feel the urge to remind people - even in the danger of coming off like a smart-alec - "vanitas" has no connection to the engl."vanity"!
Vanitas means "transientness" - so I think in consideration to that term the advert. seems even well done.
But hey, what are opinions for?

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

I find it really hard to love or even like the ad campaign....it's very creepy! But I guess it's timing for it is Halloween!...they should have thought of something feminine and sophisticated kind of ad though

belissena
belissena

2011? 2012?? no...I have already tested it. I like it, nothing more...it's too floral for me. I prefer crystal noir and versense, but I think it's better than Versus. It'a smooth, white floral, pleasant and elegant.