Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Versus Versace for women

Versus Versace for women
dislike

Versus Versace for women Videos
Versus Versace for women Pictures Versus Versace for women Pictures Versus Versace for women Pictures Versus Versace for women Pictures Versus Versace for women Pictures

The new fragrance with the same name as edition Versus from 1992 has been launched in 2010 in a bluish-purple flacon decorated with a see-through blue cap. The new fragrance introduces a brand new composition, which is fresh, playful and celebrates femininity in the same time.

"Versus is pure energy. "- stated Donatella Versace. Her wish is to dedicate this fragrance to strong-willed women who have courage for new challenges. This intense fragrance is based on strong contrasts, from romantic to very rough femininity.

This composition is taking us through various moods of femininity, from punk to melodic notes, from gentleness to roughness.

Top notes of Versace Versus introduce kumquat, star apple (Chrysophyllum cainito) and lemon; a heart is composed of orange blossom, stephanotis and Centifolia rose, while a base finishes with musk, patchouli and ambrette seed.

Versus Versace fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT, accompanied with 200 ml body milk and 200 ml bath.

Amalfi Lemon Kumquat Star apple

African Orange flower tincture of rose Stephanotis

Musk Patchouli Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Versus Fragrance Reviews

fire2heart
fire2heart

My son bought this for me, for my birthday last year and I love it! This time of year I start reaching for the lighter scents.

It's is a fresh clean scent that starts out lemony then turns to a powdery musk with a slight hint of floral. It's great for spring and summer. Light, airy, fresh!

My husband has not complained about it, which is fantastic! He is quick to let me know when what I'm wearing bothers him.

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

I actually love the smell of this perfume. I just gave a small 30ml bottle as a going away present to my mom for her trip to Montreal tomorrow and she's totally in love with it. The fragrance has a nice smell on her skin. Heavy handed on the initial spray with the lemon, kumquat and star apple but after that the musk and floral bouquets starts coming through and it's such a big delight. It's not floral powdery but real nice, smooth and modern. It's got a good punch to it and lingers for a long while too which is evident of a well concocted fragrance. Kind of reminds me of another perfume my mom likes to wear which is My Givenchy Dream Perfume by Givenchy..though Versus is a much stronger scent. But it smells happy, clean and fresh and most importantly my mother likes it and if she's happy then so am I.

So go ahead ladies and also maybe some gents give it a try, it's quite an enjoyable perfume!!

canadianpetite

I sprayed this and D&G Light Blue which are both light and citrusy to me. The amber, and perhaps patchouli, keeps it powdery and earthy. The citrus fades quickly after application. I am left with a "dirty" floral which I like as it doesn't stab my nose like fruity-floral perfumes. It is a bit sweet but the citrus keeps tooth-decay at bay. Not unique but lovely. Inoffensive sillage and scent. Found it many times for $20 at Shoppers and am debating if worth it. I sprayed it in the air and some may have landed on me so hubby smelled it and said I smelled great.

Two sprays on me:
Sillage: hug-me distance
Longevity: about 4 hours
Rating: 3.5/5

alina.gabriela
alina.gabriela

I bought this yesterday and I couldn't wait to try it out!
I simply love the scent which, to me smells more like grapefruit?? and when it drys down only musk...
The problem with this perfume is its longevity, which goes only to 2 or 3 hours.
I am a little disappointed as I expected more, considering its price.

chancchiu
chancchiu

Versus for women? I thought it was a men's frag. Luckily it was cheap . It reminded me of ck shock

It is very aromatic on me and a bit strange, like concentrated hair shampoo. After some time it becomes barely recognizable, very light, and the base is the best of this scent, to be honest.

anna.023
anna.023

I dont know if I share Donatellas opinion about this scent, I got slightley confused when reading that it's dedicated to 'strong-willed women who have the courage for new challenges'

It's a NICE scent, wich I do enjoy, but it's not a head turner or a 'wow, what is she wearing?' kind of scent, not at all. It's a young, (by that I dont mean teenage) but playful and not very serious pefume. It's a light lemony, fruity, airy and a little sweet perfume. It's a to go perfume, it's an easy to wear 'what ever'kind of perfume.

It's probably not the first bottle you will reach for and not the last either. It's for those days when you don't know what to wear and you mainly just want to feel clean and fresh.

Sillage and lasting power is not great, but acceptable. Would say a few hours at most. It's a safe card if you are looking for a gift. Would gladly gift it to girls/women up to 25 if Im not sure about their taste in perfumes.

Irynangel
Irynangel

This is a unique aroma. It gives you the feeling of easiness and always rinda of your feminity. It underlines the lady's excellent taste. The one who wears it is neither strict nor playful. This perfume is perfect for any season, any time of the day, any ooccassion.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

It's a good scent for citrus musk lovers but it could only be used effectively in summer or spring time - in cold weather it soon disappears into oblivion. It also is really clean, fresh, energizing, therefore really good for 'sweaty' occasions such as club, gym, outdoors. Great morning-day or office scent as well. Not a full bodied fragrance at all and many probably would find it 'lacking'. It's pretty unisex and versatile. Maybe those who like CK One would find this one appealing as well.

kris919
kris919

this is sooo up for swap . 50ml 95% full...gift set box. 37 other perfumes for swap too. Help me trade all these blind buys! see my page description. PM if interested in anything. thanks :)

ZELJO
ZELJO

this is the, theorically feminine fragance most suitable for men I have ever smelled

Snookums
Snookums

I find this fragrance to be very refreshing and relaxing. It is the only one I can wear to bed without being irritated by it. Also, it seems quite tropical.

kaejuntun

I have been wearing this for a few days now and am absolutely loving it! Fresh citrusy opening calming to a gentle, musky fragrance that lingers at the fork in the road trying to choose between feminine and masculine before finally heading down a warm, subtle feminine path - but just barely. Enjoyable, well named and good for day wear.

Rosemary Wilson
Rosemary Wilson

I am SOOO disappointed in this fragrance. I purchased it because I assumed it would be similar to the original Versus (my personal fave before it was discontinued). Absolutely nothing alike! Why then, call it the same name - did they run out of ideas? I feel ripped off. It reminds me of a toilet cleaner smell with the exception that toilet cleaner lasts longer. Save your money!

xabaras
xabaras

A romantic fragrance. A mouthwatering citrus note welcomes you into this fragrance. Then it tones down projecting a harmeless floral note, a good mix in which I can't detect any flower in particular, and then it develops into a sweet mix of musk and fruit. Pleasant. Glad to know this fragrance. Although... I will always choose something else to put on. It can be a good summer fragrance because all in all it is fresh and not too powerful.

valerie.aardahl
valerie.aardahl

Both yes and no. I am very unsure about this fragrance. It is really in between. Very easy to forget it and choose something else instead. I think it smells good, but it's somehow not enough. It's like a very expensive room refresher.

sky74
sky74

A very nice floral fruity. Fresh, sweet, has a certain "deodorant" quality to it, but by no means a young girl's fragrance, No! It develops into a nice soapy classic perfume.
I find Versace's perfumes very unique and with alot of character, they resemble no others .My favorites are Versense, Vanitas and Versus (the three v's)

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

HOW CAN I DECIDE IF I LIKE THIS OR NOT- IT COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED AFTER 5 MINUTES~!! ...those moments we shared together were nice, I guess *shrug*

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

A boring fruit mash. Nothing special at all. Bought it and gave it away immediately. What a disappointment because I like the bottle and promotion.

vatnsmelona
vatnsmelona

i'm loving this! crisp refreshing and the musky undertones make it irrestible. best for summer day wear i'd suppose although it could brighten up an autumn evening :)

pedrogiriboni
pedrogiriboni

i used to love it. now i have another taste, but it's really sexy! smells clean and glamorous. better in summer.

kaejuntun

I was so excited to find this fragrance for a steal at TJ Maxx! I have wanted to test it for a long time and I couldn't pass it up!

Versus by Versace didn't disappoint - the opening is a bright citrus and smells a bit unisex one second and totally feminine the next. The florals are subdued, and overall it is slightly musky, but not in a heavy, musty sort of way. I never got much of the patchouli - the fragrance stayed really fresh throughout, even with the musk. This will be wonderful for summer wear! A great fragrance, I highly recommend!

canadianpetite

Pink grapefruit dominates in top note. As it dries down, it becomes just a fresh citrus that is pleasant to keep sniffing on my hand. It reminds me of Touch of Pink.

Nice for my gym bag. Currently $20 at Shoppers.

On me:
Sillage: about a foot for the first hour; close to skin afterwards
Longevity: about four to five hours

swiftlyspeaking
swiftlyspeaking

This is a 9/10 fragrance. I love it. This is not too heavy and it smells amazing. It will never be boring in my opinion. Really good.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Had this one on my "I want" list for some time and was so excited to find it in Marshall's the other day. I was not dissapointed - this is a great fresh summery scent. I tested it when I got home in the evening. First, it seems too strong, too citrusy, too fresh, but let it settle down a bit and some sweet warm notes appear, so soft and quiet, so nice. The next morning when I woke up I still could smell it. Clean, musky, subtle scent. But I think it will be more suitable for spring and summer time. It's not cozy enough for winter/fall when you want your perfume to embrace you like a warm blanket. It's fresh, bright, uplifting scent. Very good. I am going to wear it in the sunny spring or summer days. Great for office I think.

annettepe
annettepe

in the opening all i get is a sweet lemon, which already bothers me a bit since i dont like lemon or citrus scents. after that it develops into a muskier scent with some patchouli while the lemon lingers on. the dry down reminds me of a soft men's perfume and i can easily see this scent as a unisex fragrance. i dont get the white florals or the rose or the star apple at all. definitely not impressed with this fragrance. its not bad but i would not buy a full size nor would i wear this...

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

I was sorely disappointed by this scent, versace normally has incredible perfumes (inc. the diamonds collection... LUSH) but this was not very nice at all.

Mia D.
Mia D.

nice scent,but doesn't last long

cinema1974
cinema1974

Had this for about 6months my sister gave it to me, she said it does not last long... well it does not maybe 3 hours max... I smell floral fruity as it expels off my skin...light airy fruity floral with a modern twist. This is an up lifitng scent.

miss-nothing
miss-nothing

I absolutely love it, it's floral and sweet. I am just fascinated about soft perfumes. It's the second perfume I've tried and I fell in love with it immediately, and it's not over-powering at all.(I would throw up if I ever smell something overpowering) The disadvantage is,it's JUST floral, nothing else. I would recommend it to be worn at the day, as it's very gentle and approching. Suitable for sweet and quite girls.

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

I've had it for about two years. I really liked it in the beginning, I used to wear it for special occasions, especially on spring and summer nights. The other day I tried to use it but I couldn't. I had to wash it off immediately because I didn't feel comfortable with it. Now it smells too fruity for my taste. I don't know what it is that bothers me, perhaps some tropical fruit with a very sharp smell. (The middle and base notes are fine, although I can hardly smell the dry-down because to my disappointment is has poor longevity.) It may have gone off or I've changed a lot.
Update: I didn't give up so I kept trying it. Even if it's supposed to be a spring/summer scent, in my experience it works best if the weather's mild or it gets cooler towards evening!! It seems like the summer heat brings out the fruity notes more strongly, which I dislike. In early and mid-autumm it works well with my body chemistry. And suprise, suprise: lately I've found it longer lasting.

jovejove
jovejove

Discontinued in Canada; didn't really appeal to people.

Minjka
Minjka

OMG... I just bought this parfume for...my BRTOTHER...
And this ad is telling me that this is WOMEN parfume???
What????????????????????????????????
Box, colors on the box, bottele, it's all so masculine!?
And the smell, its spicy, strong, manly!!!!
Oh, well...wish me luck, that my brother doesn't know about this web site

Eos
Eos

Versus starts out as a pleasant bright, citrus scent. After a few minutes I experience something akin to a fruity calone note, maybe its the alleged "star apple" noted in the pyramid above. Within 35 minutes Versus morphs into a dirty, white floral with a flat, moldy patchouli note and stays the same from then on.

Sillage: 3 feet
Longevity: 4 hours
Overall rating and feel: 3/10. Sadly, this doesn't feel particularly well made, nor does it have much to positively distinguish itself from the pack of mass release fruity florals. If you're looking for a fruity white floral with a citrus opening and a patchouli base try Cristobal by Balenciaga. Trust me, you'll be much happier with your purchase.

nikki1234
nikki1234

i was on the hunt for a perfume for work and this was on sale... so glad i asked the woman for the tester to smell it first before i bought it. the notes on here looked lovely and i really thought i would like it but this actually made me gag, I was getting funny looks from all angles in the shop but i couldnt help it. its horrible.

DaZeD
DaZeD

Oh man, i love this on my wife, she really smells purple now!

Great scent

Narmis
Narmis

I have about 40 perfumes and none of them smell like this! This has been a recent "HG scent" for me, i absolutely love it!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Wow! I'm glad I double-checked this fragrance before tossing out the sample vial I have. I tested it a few weeks ago and promptly jumped in the shower after putting it on. I was getting only strong, stinging floral notes. It hurt my nose. Must have been a bad night.

I gave it one more chance, and I am surprised to say that I really like it! I'm getting the warmer base notes this time. An earlier reviewer mentioned that this fragrance reminds her of people who go to clubs. I agree, but I think of it in a positive way. I would wear this when I am feeling extraverted, especially on a summer night. I think it's a very sexy and sweet fragrance.

It's funny. Now that I think of it, Versus also reminds me *slightly* of a fragrance I used to wear when I went out years and years ago (Samba). Must be that fruity/floral thing.

acv43
acv43

picked this one up today- 3.4oz for $30.00
very nice fragrance! I had liked this in an department store, but i am glad i waited and didn't pay full retail.
versus is a soft sweet feminine fragrance. its fruity and citrus but not too sweet, the rose blends nicely with the fruity notes and the musk makes it soft and classic.

it is not the most original scent but it is pleasing and not obnoxious to to others, I am glad to have it as an addition to my perfume collection.The bottle is also very pretty which is always nice :)

Migalex
Migalex

Sour lemon. I cannot smell anything after 15 minutes. Far too weak.

irarai
irarai

this i fell in love after sometime at first i thought how can this b best seller but it took time to sink in and the perfect harmony of ingredients lends this a beautiful sweet and serene fragnance i luv it absolutely and in luv good for summer and winter as well

jenny2301
jenny2301

I love this...smells so fresh to me...I really would recommend this scent.SO fresh and so clean

jessens
jessens

Weirdly, I've actually seen this in several department stores in the mes cologne section. It's refreshing with citrus and floral notes. From what I can smell, I find it to be closer to cologne for some reason than to a perfume but it does have properties of both hence the name "versus". If you want to be adventurous, try it out.

isaland
isaland

Refreshing smell, citrusy and clean. Nice summer fragrance with amazing lasting power.

pooya_farhang
pooya_farhang

i really really really love this scent .
i think its the best for the girls who enjoy of fresh fruity scent.
it introduce a very rough feminity fragrance . and i enjoy of smelling that.
its good for hot summer and mild springs , and ofcourse its recommended for active and strong girls and women.

sharyssa
sharyssa

i bought a 1.7 oz at tjmaxx and i had to return it and get the bigger bottle! ahh i absolutely love this scent it is so fresh and zesty and just good i dont pay attention to the lasting power of this because it is my favorite and i want a few more bottles i never fell in love with a fresh scent such as this because i usually like the sweet gourmand ones but this is top notch to me :)

I have sometimes been pleasantly surprised by the house of Versace, and am happy to be able to report that VERSUS now joins the ranks of BLONDE and WHITE JEANS among other quite decent creations in this line. I think that I was particularly surprised in the case of VERSUS because Pavlovian conditioning led me to expect the worst from the purple packaging: a purple fruit synthetic nightmare of one kind or another. Then, when I saw that this perfume was categorized as a fruity-floral, I braced myself and thought seriously about drawing a preemptive bath.

In fact, against all evidence, VERSUS is a well-constructed citrus scent with a substantial and shimmery clean musk base, imparting a resinous quality which makes it a touch more perfumey than most citrus scents (such as Moschino FUNNY!). This is also somewhat more floral, while however remaining predominantly a citrus composition. All in all, very nice, and while I don't need a bottle, I'll definitely consider adding it to my collection should a propitious opportunity arise...

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

It's a good perfume I think. Versace has really created these kind of perfume that you cant really hate or find it kinda like too much.

The opening is fresh, and interesting and it also smells like passion fruit to me. A lil sweet, a lil sour, mix with some white floral notes I guess. In general, it's like a perfume for the happy/ bubbly girl with a lot of energy.

But the dry down is not so much. LIke something is missing in between.

chromaggia
chromaggia

I wrote this off at first because, at the time, I wasn't much into "designer" perfumes (Gucci/Versace/Diesel/etc.) I read the notes on the little paper scent card at Macy's and couldn't help myself. I was surprised; it's fruity, playful, and just...happy. So bright and summery. I don't get the biggest hit of the citrus at first, on my skin the star apple and rose are most obvious, even on the dry down. This would be a nice beach or poolside fragrance.

tatiana.warden
tatiana.warden

I just got this perfume. I tried it few days ago in the store on my skin...At the end of the day I still had it on me...It smelled different but I liked how it blended with my skin. I've read so many negative reviews...I do not understand why the did not like it. I found it interesting and dinamic. I like how it starts and at the end I like this musky - patchouli notes. It's not a "cheap" smell at all. However, I can not say that I'm in love with it...I just liked Versace Versus and bought it for my collection and oing to wear it when I have a mood for it. ;-) Well, I guess everybody can have a different opinion.

caylarhene
caylarhene

it reminds me of vera wang princess glam. but it last a lot longer

Versus opens with extremely strong kumquat. It's very fresh at first, but the drydown is a lot less citrusy and a bit warmer and cozier, which I like much better. Overall, I find this perfume to be very average, nothing really special. It seems like it could work under the Paris Hilton brand and reminds me of people who go out clubbing; a fun trendy fragrance. I would like to see Versace come out with a really intriguing, classic perfume for once.
Update (Dec. 2013): I have to eat my words a little bit. While this perfume is not especially compelling, I really do like the base. I was not willing to fork over the money at Sephora, which I have regretted ever since because I still actually think about the perfume and wish I had bought it. And then today--voila! There it was at a discount store, a 3.4 oz. bottle for very cheap. I seized the moment, and it is now part of what I refer to as my "Italian collection" (I like Italian perfumes).

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

first thing is first:
nothing to do with the vampire original versus (black cherry colored bottle)
i'm a bit peeved that they would give this the same name? why??
completely different bottle/design/and smell.
why not be original and give a new name?
anyway....
this is a fun light youthful fragrance, a 180 degree turn from its predecessor.
all about the bright lemon for the first hour
that peaks with pink rose and musk in the drydown.
*******
i'm truly surprised this is a versace???
between this one and vanitas...well lets just say i'm underwhelmed
at their offerings and overwhelmed
at their very high price tags.
a bit too ordinary and mediocre to have versace on the bottle imo
yet---i don't want this to come across as me not liking this perfume.
but "LIKE" is as far as it goes. will never make me weak, swoon, lustful, in love etc.
no "wow" factor, just blends in pleasantly.

Aubynik
Aubynik

How lovely!

It is a bit warm here today and needed something more crisp and refreshing than my usual wearings.
This fits the bill!

It's all about the citrus! And thankfully it isn't sharp, pungent, fake citrus. It is refreshing, light, and crisp. The lemon and kumquat are the main things that show up with my chemistry. Simply stunning!

The dry down is sweeter and creamier than I thought it would be with just a hint of rose balanced by the musk so it isn't cloying.

For me, this is the perfect spring/summer scent as I prefer warmer creamier scents for fall and winter. But, I can see myself wearing this as a pick-me-up!

daliaa96
daliaa96

Bestt perfume EVER.. my dad bought it for me in the airport's free shop in Montevideo! LOVE IT.

twillocks

Very Fresh, reminds me of summer.

omniaa
omniaa

I like the opening notes of this fragrance, definitely a sharp citrus. However, the base notes are just not that appealing on my skin- too musky by far. It stays on well, but I would not really say that I like Versus at all. It seems too...aggressive, somehow, and too musk. Except for the slight soapiness and the fresh citrus opening, not a perfume I would wear.

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

This scent is somehow both sweet and sour, making it girly without being sickeningly sweet. Love love love it.

olivia27
olivia27

can someone please please answer me does this perfume smell allot like apples because i hate the smell of apples and does it smell similar to versace versence because i love that!!! and how much does this cost approximately in america

Juma
Juma

I love it.
On one hand it's fresh and citrusy and then changes almost to rough and very loud, powdery scent, which I find very alluring. It stays all day.
It's scent I'd never bought tested on paper, but on me it's great. I have a decant of only few ml left :(, some it leaked on the way, received from dear friend Nathalie Z.

I have to agree with the reviewers who are not so fond of this: citrusy, artificial and uninteresting.

lafefe
lafefe

Ok it's nice, that's for sure, but not so interesting. That's the problem when you create a floral fruity, it simply can be like many others, nice but common. I smell a lot of apple in it, which I like, lemon and rose. That's all I can smell, no heart, no base, no drydown, only top notes fading away quite soon, young cheerful, fresh top notes. I like it but wouldn't buy a full bottle.

Amarilla
Amarilla

Very flat and unoriginal floral-fruity like dozens out there on the mass-market. Starts fresh citrusy and shampoo-like and not bad at all. But the middle and base notes are uninteresting and familiar (Flora by Gucci maybe??)

olga1780
olga1780

Why did Versace even bother to release something so nondescript? Don't waste your money on this one.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

My boy-noise likes this and hopes my girlfriend will like it too, but my girl nose might fins it typical.
It smells like a shampoo I once used, which, to the boy part of me, is a very nice, sweet, fruity floral. But to the girl part of me, smells like shampoo, so is a turn off, and only worth a cheap purchase for casual days.

sunthing
sunthing

A nice, fresh, dynamic fruity floral fragrance, perfect for spring and summer...

twillocks

I am not so crazy about this one. But this is not what I paid for and I am really not happy about that! I can add it to my growing collection :)

nazly67
nazly67

it's a copy of gucci flora but i love both of them.
very fresh

Ninulia
Ninulia

when I tested it I forggot aboout it and I thought I had Flora by Gucci on me :))) ecxept it is a lighter version.. I'm thinking to buy it :)

kylexora
kylexora

This perfume bring fantasy to me... It make me float in the air, but after 5 minutes, I'm drop dead because it poison me. The smell starts with purple violet kinda smell, then burst of fruity smell. I thought it will become softer, but I'm wrong. The scent remain strong and I just can't take it anymore. Not for my taste.

guest_L'Homme
guest_L'Homme

Interesting reviews.
I find this fragrance to be fantastic!
In fact I am wearing it right this second. And I'm a guy... it lasts all day on me. I can smell it rather clearly without harsh movement or sniffing myself & I applied it about 5 hours ago.. 10stars for that!

It's clean, cool yet a bit warming, calm & just down right delicious. I truly despise fragrances that evolve as the drydown ensues. I only like those which retain the initial scent from beginning to end

Versus stays exactly the same on me from start to finish and quite frankly it never really "finishes" unless I shower it off - it even lasts through a modest workout. It's so dreamy.

Eleiria
Eleiria

I like this perfume. But I wouldn't wear it, because it tends to become too overpoweringly fruity and rosy. I like the first burst of citruses, and the dry down is also very good; but somewhere in between, it just feels too much.

ednafrau
ednafrau

"versus" is almost a copy of "burberry brit sheer", to my nose. this is is supposed to be what a confident, courageous woman smells like? maybe that woman's 13 year old daughter! what a disappointment!

guest_andanna
guest_andanna

This one smells like dish washing liquid to me. The citric smell does not dry off even after an hour!

Lady Love
Lady Love

I don't like this, sorry but it's very similar to Flora by gucci, a little more citrus and less sweet. I don't even know why Versace created these irrelevant fragrance.

Nothing original, Nothing irreplaceable..

guest_Pearl Of the Night
guest_Pearl Of the Night

Nice, but nothing new.

Just smells like a mash up of many other Fruity Florals rolled into one.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

very similar to the Escada summer frags I thought. Like alcoholic lemon squash -might be ok for hot weather but I wouldn't buy it
-it's also quite harsh on the nose!

secretcrush
secretcrush

I had very high hopes for this one b4 it premiered...I tried this one for about the 3rd time this past weekend and my opinion still hasnt changed, its very citrusy and rather on the "blah" side... It doesnt seem that much thought went into this one unfortunately... I do however, like the bottle.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I tested this today, I was very excited to see the advertisement on the window as I had been waiting to test this. I used to wear the original Versus in the red bottle and also Versus V/S. This one is very fresh and energizing, not as potent as V/S but still has that lemon lime scent but this one has a little sugar added. The bottle is very nice too!!! Hopefully I can find it at a good discount as I would not pay full price for it.

Delicious Girl
Delicious Girl

First sniff: fresh, zesty, energetic, effervescent, crisp citrus note with a tinge of sourness and bitterness to it. It is definitely not "me", not something I would love. If I had smelt it blindly, I would have bet my bottom dollar that it is a men's cologne. I am relieved that this freshness does not last long on my skin, it develops to unveil sweetness of fruit, maybe its the apple and some florals, maybe its the rose combined with something soapy and musky. I think the element of connection is missing between the opening and the rest of the notes in the perfume. Given the name, it maybe deliberate!

I totally get the contradiction in Versus, to me it is
men's cologne VS women's perfume,
fresh VS floral fruity,
citrus VS me!

The design of the bottle is simple but not so appealing to me. I can't see myself wearing it even though I wear Versace Eau Fraiche with love. For someone who loves fresh fragrances, it is perfect. I am sure that it will be a hit for the coming months of spring/summer here in Australia.

Perfumaniac

A fresh, intense and enveloping fragrance for the modern, confident, and seductive woman. Romantic and intense, compelling and melodious, feminine and strong are the contrasting characteristics that make the fragrance unique. Versus is pure energy!

Despite the fact that fruity florals don't tend to rock my boat, Versus is something that I'd gladly wear, however I don't think I'd ever purchase.

Versus is the re-released, somewhat altered version of Versus Donna which has long since been discontinued. Like many reviewers here have mentioned, this is nothing like the original.

This fragrance is your typical fruity floral. Upon my first application I likened this fragrance to the scent of orange-y shampoo. Idealistically clean and feminine. The star apple provides a somewhat crisp feel.

The floral heart does feature, however like Ouch! mentioned, the citruses tend to dominate. On my skin I detected subtle hints of jasmine, however the rose and stephanotis were lighter still, which slightly unbalanced the scent for me.

I'm not exactly sure as to where the patchouli got to, because it wasn't earthy and mossy like it's supposed to be. Musk was more like the monster in this fragrance.

I understand that Versace has decided to run with the ever-so-popular fruity floral idea, however it would have been nice to experience something a little different. In my opinion, there are way too many fragrances that smell like shampoo and soap these days. It annoys me to think that in several days I'll find it difficult to remember exactly how this fragrance smelt due to its lack of originality.

misssimi
misssimi

it's a perfect fragrance for summer!i recommend it :)

Perfumaniac

A fresh, intense and enveloping fragrance dedicated to a
cutting edge, confident, and seductive woman, who loves to
dare. Romantic and aggressive, punk and melodious, tough
and feminine are the contrasting characteristics that make
the fragrance unique. Versus is pure energy.

StephD
StephD

A very citusy scent, with underlying notes that make it grown-up. It has a lot of energy, but I wouldn't call it sensual or feminine at all. Made for the woman who is determined and doesn't get easily fooled. Not my type of scent though- i prefer the vanilla-based ones.

guest_Goodwin
guest_Goodwin

Love it! I just got it today and i thinks it's a light fruity smell with i little musk.

ishani17
ishani17

Versus is an okish summer/ spring fragrance. It is quite unlifting and zesty this is due to the citrus notes. I am not a massive fan of citrus which is probably why i am not overly excited about it. For me this scent does not smell very natural i find the orange blossom very annoying and quite clinical. I can however apprciate it smells really good on others. I think it just doesnt sit well on me.

The type of lady i see wearing this is modern, strong and raring to go. She is full of energy like this fragrance. She doesnt need something sweet, cutsy and overbearing. She gets the job done and she is quite minimalistic with crisply ironed clothes, i imagine a nice suit, her personal appearance is immaculate.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

This perfume smelled lovely on me, despite the fact that I generally shy away from anything remotely fruity. However, when I smelled both of my wrists to compare it to another scent less that fifteen minutes later, it was gone! I even checked with other people to see that it wasn't just my less than perfect nose, but nobody could even tell I had anything on. Such a shame, because the top was truly lovely. Light and girlish, but not immature.

mllefantine
mllefantine

I found this scent sickly sweet. I find it lacks complexity - I just get one overpowering whiff of sweetness. It reminded me of a cheap bath soap.

rithacha
rithacha

I had some confusion at the tester today - this ACTUALLY smelled like men's cologne. The heavy spicy kind. Bitter citruses and nondescript florals before settling into deep patchouli territory. Isn't this supposed to be light and summery? It came out surprisingly woody for me. Like something my brother would wear. No thank you.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Versus is at first half hour fruity and delightful perfume, to me no citruses were prominent, and even at this point I wouldn’t call versus extra fresh or clean scent. More like happy, youthful and charming.

The opening was the only thing I liked about Versus. Afterwards scent becomes sweet, floral and serious. Not serious in terms of classic scents, gets linear, boring and stuffed. To me overpowering with dusty sweetness, reminded me also on Cheap&Chic which I don’t like for the same notes. Has something in the vein of Burberry scents and I think that lovers of Brit, Weekend, London will enjoy Versus.

I wouldn’t be able to wear it, still I think that many women will find it appealing.

lynnroo
lynnroo

Reminds me very much of Moschino Cheap & Chic. This one is softer but has the same powdery smell in the base notes added a little bit of tangerine on top.

guest_mia
guest_mia

I just bought this yesterday and i looove it! IT doesnt smell citrusy to me, its mostly musky, mysterious, seductive and mature. Its such a classy perfume! I lovee it and its worth every penny.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This is such a gorgeous scent, I love the fruity opening, and the floral notes mixed with the ambery drydown.

very seductive, I wish i could wear this lol but being a man it would be wicked obvious that I was wearing a female scent, i'm wondering it if could layer this with something to make it masculine because it's almost hypnotic in some way.

LenaBel
LenaBel

A deeper floral fruity. I can mostly smell fruits in it, especially the apple. For me, once it settles down it becomes a sweet green apple scent mixed with patchoulli. Patchoulli happens to be one of my least favourite notes, however I think that floral fruity lovers should try this as I find that this perfume is quite distinct to my nose.

vertigo
vertigo

I don't have much to add to the other reviews, but I must say that this perfume smells like REAL fruits! Not the sharp / plastic / alcoholic / sickly sweet ones you encounter nowadays.
I can't detect the specific notes, but the whole composition is so appetizing!
But it's not only about fruits. There's something more there ... For me it seems like a fragrance with a lot of wind and space.
Not similar to any perfume I've tried before. The bottle seemed unappealing to me, but I'm so glad I've tried it :)

mandashell
mandashell

Finally have my bottle and I do like it. ;') I can smell and identify the notes pretty clearly. It is fresh, fruity, citrusy, sweet, soft and mildly warm .

Update:
I did like it but found it boring after a few days. So, I sold my bottle. Overall it is okay and smells like a nice soap. But it isn't that great and doesn't really stand out. It's just "meh" for me. ;'/

danimcneil
danimcneil

This is trully beautiful. I also love citrusy scents. Although this is not the normal super fresh/clean citrus scent. It's playfully and spontaneous! And don't worry if u really dislike patchouli as I do.. u can't sense it here. I've tested it twice and hope to buy it soon!

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

The citrus scent is very present indeed. A good one for summer I'd say. It is long lasting so if you like citrus notes, it's a good one.

Antea13
Antea13

Very positive parfume. I love first notes, this mandarine, lemon. But 30 minutes lately - only musk.

jonr951
jonr951

It smells like Flora by Gucci. Its nice but its just another copycat. I do like the bottle though. : )

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume is completley dominated by citrussy notes. The lemon is very prominent and it's been drying for nearly 50 minutes. The african orange flower makes the heart of this perfume citrussy further.

It's verging on washing up liquid to my nose, NICE washing up liquid don't get me wrong, but..it's teetering on the egde of ew!

There are no florals to speak of to my nose, maybe the barest whiff...but these powerful citrusses are just stomping all over the other notes shouting..."We live here...go away".

I'll see how it fairs once it's completley dry...

Drier still...I get no musk from this whatsoever, no earthy patchouli...just sharp biting clean citrus.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Hmm, I am curious about this. I am over the moon for the original versus in the neat round bottle. I shall have to test this.

guest_antonpan
guest_antonpan

Really I didn't expect such delicate, tendre and rich fragrance from the Versus line and from the bottle like that. The opening is rather ordinary - fruity floral, but then the fragrance becomes creamy, powdery and rosy, and there appears an insolent note, that make Versus original and memorable. Great!

kevaana
kevaana

This fragrance is the first fragrance after a long time that brought me back the hope. Before smelling this perfume, all my hopes in fragrance industry were lost.

I was so frighten that this industry lost its ability to create smth new and original, that I bought for myself some fruity shampoo fragrances to try it. And for couple of weeks I tried to enjoy these shampoos in glam bottles.

But...I tested Versus and...Tadah! I knew it that we can still create more and more interesting aromas.

First you feel smth fresh and almost indistinguishable, but then the roses explode and ...the result is magic. It is smth fresh but also creamish and in the same time very delicate.

Try it and you won't regret it. It is a summer fragrance but it has temper and originality.

mudpach
mudpach

I tried this. Great, great, great! I must buy a bottle:)
First, the floral notes open, later the scent became powderly.
In my skin it's long lasting.
It's not similar Versus Donna( I have a bottle from that).

Versus by Versace 3.54 out of 5 based on 557 ratings and 106 user reviews

Versace Versus Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Versace Versus Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Versus Perfume by Versace, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New for Women
Versus Perfume by Versace, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Versus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Versus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Versus by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Versus by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.