Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Versus Donna Versace for women

Versus Donna Versace for women
dislike

Versus Donna Versace for women Pictures

This legendary perfume from Versace brand was introduced on market in 1992 in a floral – oriental composition. It starts of with fruity cocktail of sweet raspberry, gourmand plum notes, spiced with nutmeg, along with aldehydes, sweet and fresh bergamot, orange, violet and green accords. Seductive tuberose dominates the heart, accompanied by milky – powdery sandalwood, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose. The base continues to develop in floral – woody – musk rhythm with iris, powdery vanilla, amber, musk, benzoin and cedar. The bottle is made out of dark red glass with a red stopper. It was launched in pair with the male Uomo fragrance, and together they were very popular back in the 90s. Versus Donna is dedicated to romantic women.

Aldehydes Black Currant Plum Green Notes Violet Raspberry Peach Bergamot

Tentation

Versus Donna Fragrance Reviews

Vanian
Vanian

I used to wear and love this beauty in the late 90's.
When I wear Vanitas, now, it reminds me about Versus Donna. Is that possible, or just my memory is wrong as come to think of it I was wearing it 20 years ago....

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Missing it exactly as much as the 90's :) A LOT. That was a great perfume.

yaya yampheng
yaya yampheng

I'm still using it right now.
I stock up the stock when the staff told me it will be discontinue......
Now I only left 8 in stock.
So sad

mystica
mystica

As a teeenager, I had a deep seated belief that Versus Donna was the sexiest women's fragrance ever, that there wasn't a guy it couldn't seduce and it must be handled carefully hence. This perfume was insane!

Elmyra
Elmyra

I agree with you reviewers, definitely a sin to have perfumers discontinue this.

In the 1990s i found it in Sofia...where I'm at now in Johannesburg this is unheard of.

I SERIOUSLY cant figure out why the most precious and loved fragrances get discontinued. Don't designer houses ever look at sites like this one, nowadays, CONSIDER them, to see, & READ comments, and get a feel for which perfumes are old favorites, are missed etc?????

Dont their marketing departments care the least bit?
I mean come on, we are in 2015 for crying out loud.

They should seriously become more proactive. And i mean this for maaaaany other discontinued, unobtainable fragrances.

I remember so well how this scent smelt...a sweet, feminine and sensual blast, somewhere up there with Hypnotic Poison, Givenchy Very Irresistible Sensuelle, mixed with John Galliano...but...in truth there is no match for it, its that unique.

I was a kid when i had it, and never knew the notes or anything like that, but i still loved it and treasured it, and it was my signature, a perfume i wouldnt even share with my girlfriends!
I'd do just about anything to get it again

expialidocious
expialidocious

Girls, you won't believe where I found a vintage bottle of this gorgeous perfume!! At a humble supermarket near my house!! They used to sell brand name perfumes back in the 90s and some years later, for some reason they stored the units that hadn't been sold back in their basement. Now, years later, they brought them back upstairs HALF PRICE...

Therefore, you can imagine how thrilled I was to see all these vintage gems right before my eyes in 2014, and, most importantly, properly preserved in a cold, dark basement!!!

Back to Versus Donna now, it was last August that I tested it at the supermarket's stand. At first I thought it smelled like detergent. It was unbelievably heavy. But later on, I started getting wafts of something devine. Mainly rose and the berries. And it was so sweet and gourmand!! Even in the heart of the summer, in a mediterranean country, it smelled irresistible!! Still, it goes without saying that the perfect time for this gem is the winter because of its warmth and richness.

I'm going to use my vintage perfume very sparingly, that's for sure. And if I'm lucky enough, I'll get 2 or 3 other more vintage perfumes from my local supermarket before they vanish into thin air!! :-(

mlwmel20
mlwmel20

Please be awear ladies, there is alot of fakes around, especially on ebay. I recently bought one and they claimed it was a splash bottle at 100ml, versus never designed a splash bottle of that size. Does anyone know where or has anyone got a genuine bottle of this!perfume?

adriana.rizzati

To have discontinued Versus Donna is one of the worst capital sins that perfume industry could do against women.

Red is my favorite color, and to me Versus Donna's bouquet is the apotheosis of red: not only cause of the brilliant bottle (what a pretty bottle, a little beautiful sculpture, nice to touch and to the sight!) or cause of the presence of red fruits... the whole combination of notes that compose this perfume hits my senses like a glorious vermilion aura.

The first time I met Versus Donna (1999), I was flashed by its fizzy, tangy prelude, by the blazing hotness of that incredible blend of fruits, aldehydes and spices.
As the scent develops, floral notes bloom on the skin (how bold and impudent are that roses and tuberoses!), amber, musk and sandal make the scent become more and more smooth, deep and dark... the initial flare of the beginning turnes into a sensual, velvety amaranth.
That were my subjective feelings when I sniffed my skin.
Since I was a child, red has always given me an uncontainable joy (red clothes, red hair, red accessories, red car, red mugs, I love everything red!)... and so Versus Donna did when I wore it: I would have spent whole day splashing V.D. on me!

When I finished my second bottle of this magic potion, I found with great regret that V.D. was discontinued (the two bottles I bought in 1999 were already leftovers of stock).
Fifteen years have gone before being able to find online another bottle of my red dream.
Maybe cause of an inappropriate storage (the bottle was not sealed), maybe cause of the old age of the perfume, when I opened it I felt a slight rancid undercurrent which pervaded the whole scent... such a pity!
But I could recognize the wonderful notes I had yearned for so long, too, and this was enough to bring me back to the time I was a young woman, when I felt bold and sexy and "red", the time i was wearing V.D. everyday.

caros76
caros76

The most wonderful perfume... not for the faint hearted. Strong, sultry, va-va-va-voom! You don't wear this if you're trying to be discreet! Such a shame it's so hard to get now. Fond memories.

Elenose
Elenose

My first and only love, miss it so much

daintypink01
daintypink01

the perfume i used when i was in college (1997). smells so strong.. like a cough syrup. but the drydown is nicer

sensesilk
sensesilk

I was on my very young age when i 'borrowed' this perfume from my sister. My own perfume ran out that time and i couldn't go out without any fragrances on me. I was surprise with the smell. On my skin it turn up as vanilla, jasmine and little bit rose. So flowery! According to my son I smelled like a vanilla ice cream. Unfortunately they discontinued this perfume.

saskia2010
saskia2010

This is one of the best smell for long days of winter. So bad if it not exist in the Parfumery shop. I am waiting to have once again the bottle in my hand.
10 is small for this creation of Versace House.

Miss eva_6418
Miss eva_6418

I love this perfume from the moment I first smelt it, around 15 - 20 years ago. I have been wearing it ever since. Its my signature perfume. Unfortuately, Ive heard that they have stopped making it. Im so upset. Does anyone know if there is any other fragrance that smells similar?

sebnemlevent
sebnemlevent

best parfume ever ...hope i can find it...

Justinjade
Justinjade

I'm truly in love with this perfume. I remember being gifted with a bottle by an ardent suitor. He knew I was a perfume-freak. At first I was hesitant to use it because it might give him the notion that I like him too. But, alas, I fell in love with the scent in an instant and gradually fell in love with him. Those were the most romantic days of my life and this perfume became my signature scent that time. Unfortunately, we parted ways yet the memories were as bold and captivating as the fragrance. I wish I could still find this in stores not only to recapture those memories but also to make new ones.

msveeveevee
msveeveevee

one of my first perfumes...it was very strong and very sweet. I love it for the sweetness but it is too strong and I used to have headaches if I applied two or more sprays.

adriana.rizzati

I found it 11 years ago, when I was desperately looking for Escada Margaretha Ley. A young shop-assistant showed Versus to me... maybe 'cause of the color of the confection? I don't know!
Now I really don't remember if Versus Donna Versace reminds in somewhat Margaretha Ley, but certainly in that evening I felt in love with it's amazing red, transparent bottle (red is my favorite color, of course!), and immediately after with it's wonderful, warm and sensual scent.
I remember I definitely got crazy for its sexy, spicy, fizzy and exotic notes, and I got crazy as well when, after few months, I realized Versus Donna Versace was almost impossible to find. I wonder why marketing is so cruel to women!
Now I don't remember very well the main notes of Versus Donna, so I cannot analyze it very well... I only hope to find it somewhere, because it has been a great lost for my nose and for my skin!

olga1780
olga1780

It is such a shame that it is discontinued. By far my favourite from Versace house.
Donna Versus is all about roses and rasberry....actually raspberry and aldehydes turn it into a dark red almost black rose. This is a "cold beauty" scent, dark sexy and mysterious.

It is still fairly reasonably priced, so don't miss an opportunity to experience this beauty!

twillocks
twillocks

Just received this today, finally found it online. Wonderful I love it.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Oh my ... How can i describe this one, i just can't , the best thing is to try it ! Which is impossible now, since it's discontinued ...
I think there should be a group for this kind of scent : The sexy scents . Just like Gucci's "Envy" it's so seductive , womanly .
Can turn the most shy woman into the most dangerous heartbreaker ;-)

skitten
skitten

Today my Versus Woman arrived. Unsniffed, and totally not quite knowing what I was in for.
From the reviews I read, I thought I was in not trouble.
Trouble I thought for 8 minutes....then I knew I bought it right.
Yes it is is what I like, if you like Poison, Christian Dior, then you will love this. It is a little darker and oh so MMmmm......
Plummy, nutmegy, violety, musky, jasminy, lily of the valley and spicy stuff.
Very womanly and sophisticated... Love it it for sexiness and warmth....xx

Elfies
Elfies

Dark fruits, vanilla and benzoin. Warm, sensual and very special scent. Very sad it is discontinued scent. Luckily got a big bottle and going to enjoy it till the last drop.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I have no words to express my feelings about this one, some good old memorys.Very bad it is not there any more.If some one got it pls send me a message !

emi_artist
emi_artist

A sophisticated oriental scent, this was made before the death of Gianni Versace and then discontinued. A fabulous perfume opening with very spicy, sensual notes, it then proceeds to ensnare and attract followers as it turns to a more floral scent. The base is almost tribal, with a North African feel, unusual for a 90s perfume. A fabulous dating scent, creating allure and sophistication but with an innocent feel accentuated by the milky drydown. Perfetto!

WAUW! This is bursting with fruit, i ADORE this one! 10/10!

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

Wow! this is some good stuff. At first spray you are assaulted with a rich plummy note with a hint of the nutmeg.Then along with that you catch a whiff of the rose, so lovely and sweet.Finally it develops into this fruity vanilla amber sensation. Just really nice. I know I am not the greatest at describing these perfumes, but I know what I like.And I really like this perfume.Sweet, spicy and sassy all at once. You can't go wrong. Hope I can find this again. My only complaint is that the lid doesn't work so well on my bottle. But such a small complaint. Love it!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I finally got to try this,and i am glad i did!The most sexy berry scent ever!This is not childish berry,but sexy provocating berry.It smells like spicy berry,mix of raspberry and cherry with spices.When i find a big bottle of this,i will so buy it..an afrodisiac with other words.

allexa27
allexa27

I like this one very much.I smell lots of berries ,plum and violets.It is not a complex frag,it is more mono-smell,sweet and warm.Deffinatelly very sexy:)

kayka
kayka

if you want to smell for a days, use this one.
first, i smelt it on my friend, and i thought what a terrible perfume, but, few months later i tried it, and i liked it on my skin...

if you don't like heavy perfumes, i think, you will got headache of this one.

this fragrance i can recognize so easy... it is very specific.

tigrrrlily
tigrrrlily

This was/is "my" fragrance. Its the first perfume I ever wore that a guy stole a piece of my clothing to sleep with...

Wet, its fruity, with a spicy little kick to it- People said "cherries" but I always thought raspberry or plum. Theres a sexy vanilla-spice-kinda floral sweetness, that lasts until it turns into sandalwood and raspberry on the dry down, which smells better than it sounds. I buy bottles when I find them. So worth it.

Superman9
Superman9

I can't recall how it smells but I know it smells really good on a friend. The thing about perfume is that it can really relates you with someone; time shared, things you did, where you went. Feels like it was only yesterday. Funny thing is that during those few seconds I feel young again.

mudpach
mudpach

This is the best perfume for me...my first fragrance, sweety and lasting

Versus Donna by Versace 3.84 out of 5 based on 146 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Versus Donna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Versace Versus Donna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Versus Donna by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Versus Donna by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.