Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Yellow Diamond Versace for women

Yellow Diamond Versace for women Videos
Yellow Diamond Versace for women Pictures Yellow Diamond Versace for women Pictures

Versace started its glamorous fragrance line inspired by crystals in 2004 with Crystal Noir perfume, and then launched the lighter and fruitier Bright Crystal in 2006. In 2011, a new fragrance of the collection emerges, "a crystal that turns into a diamond," named Yellow Diamond.

Yellow Diamond is crafted as a pure, transparent and airy floral fragrance, sparkling and intense as the yellow color, while being luxurious and feminine like a diamond. Its composition opens with luminous freshness of lemon, bergamot, neroli and pear sorbet. The heart features airy orange blossom, freesia, mimosa and water lily. The base is made of amber, precious musk and guaiac wood.

The bottle is shaped like the previous editions of the collection, colored in yellow, while its box is decorated with baroque ornaments. The face of the campaign is an Australian model Abbey Lee Kershaw, shot by Mario Testino in Paris.

Versace Yellow Diamond is available as 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette, with deodorant and body lotion.

Neroli Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Pear

African Orange flower Water Lily Freesia Mimosa

Musk Guaiac Wood Amber

Yellow Diamond Fragrance Reviews

Maine_girl
Maine_girl

Versace did an excellent job naming this one, because to me, it smells exactly like the color yellow. It's happy, sparkling and fresh - sunshine in a bottle for me. This is one of my favorites. It's perfect for spring and summer - very refreshing in the heat. The longevity is average for me - I can still smell it on my wrist after 6 hours or so. It stays quite fresh all the way through - in the dry down, the musk comes through, but I don't get any soapiness from this scent. I love this fragrance, and will always keep this in my collection.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a bright scent, light, airy and citrusy. It is not my usual style, but neither did it go rancid or too sharp on my skin. It stayed fairly constant, the golden freesia and pear made sharper by the citrus. It was very hot, and I went to the gym, which seemed the perfect musky combination for this scent. Good sillage and longevity, as I could still smell it after a dip in the pool.

emtbeto
emtbeto

Smelled this on a girl, they should rename this "come and get me" smells good on a girl

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Yellow Diamond opens with a preset "feminine summer" accord of galaxolide (that round, milky fruit sweetness you find in cheap shampoos), perhaps other aromachemicals providing some tart apple note, citrus, generic woods. Clean and artificial. Boredom at first sniff!

4,5/10

beaglebaileysmom
beaglebaileysmom

Pretty and happy floral citrus, as stated by many. Also stated by many is its terrible longevity of about 20-30 minutes. Whatever is the point of a fragrance like that? And so very many are this way! This is far too expensive a fragrance to be gone immediately.

connieiscrazy
connieiscrazy

This scent is so delicate I fear I may 'break' it if I wear it!! It's a fragile bouquet of sweet lemon with a floral twist. I just wish it was an eau de parfum - after an hour of spraying this on, I smell nothing! Sillage is also non-existent after about five minutes of applying. Such a shame, as this is such a wonderfully pretty and feminine perfume with a gorgeous yellow flacon.

Casablancalily
Casablancalily

I thought I would like this, so I went in search of it. When I found it at a local department store and tested it on my wrist, it smelled like cheap hairspray. I gave it a little while on my skin, still all i can smell is an alcohol/hairspray scent.

anddrusca
anddrusca

this is a nice fragrance for summer. i love how it starts, very cheerful, youthful, bright, fresh, but not sharp. the drydown is a little sour. moderate staying power.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

@ahnsom " clap along if along if you feel like a room without a roof, because I'm happyyyyy yyy yyyyyy yyyy! lol

Lucy Peach

When I last tried this it was a cold, dull time of year and I didn't think it was that good on my skin. NOW it's sunnier, fresh Spring ......and Yellow Diamond is soooo good; a really clean, fresh scent. It's cute and young smelling.

yuzu22
yuzu22

I used to not like this fragrance I have no idea why I ever could not. I love the ripe juicy pears and powdery mimosa. It lasts a long time and cut through bad smells on the metro. Lovely bright lemon that does not smell like a cheap cleaner. It is shining just like a jewel, it's one my heart :)

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

I really like it in the bottle. Light, unobtrusive, polite little lemony floral. Thought I'd wear it in the mornings to prevent workout stinkies. But it dissapears instantly on me. Seriously in less than 5 minutes all I am left with is a faint soapy smell. Too bad. It's a lovely little scents. Perfect for little girls who want to wear perfume at school. Probaly not a good match for a woman looking for a signature fragrance. It's pretty and a bit generic.

Lillitth
Lillitth

This is a pretty enough perfume for daytime wear. It goes on very lemony but the bergamot and light floral saves it from smelling too much like furniture polish I am relieved to say. The lemon fades away into a soft floral that sits close to the skin. It's pretty but unremarkable. Nice for the office as I imagine it's unlikely to offend anyone unless they were close enough to be kissing you. Unfortunately I just cannot tolerate lily on me. So this is not a perfume I could wear.

BillyHoran
BillyHoran

This is my favourt perfume, but not all the people like it, its smells like flowers and a little bit powdery, but over all they did a nice job on it

Kiku
Kiku

Another charming floral fruity from Versace. The opeing is a blast of lemon drops, mimosa dominates the heart. Sweet but not sweet enough to ruin it's clean, airy feel. It shares one thing with Versace's "Bright Crystal": a warm, enchanting "hay drying in the summer sun" note in the drydown. Even the color is beautiful May be Versace's lovliest.

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

Just got a 1ml tester for this and at first i wasn't sure and thought too citrus but now its on my skin it has a really lovely fresh violet smell very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. Its lovely and refreshing for summer.

Melyche
Melyche

It's okay but too much yellow stuff notes. I feel like I'm in a garden. After a while citrus switches place with flowers. A typical floral fruity. I like a lot fragrances fall into that category but I think, I like pinks and reds better-may be whites, when it comes to flower and fruit notes.
My favorite citrus note is bergamot and I enjoy mandarin or beverages when they are slightly sensible. But I can't tell I'm a fan of lemon scent. Reminds me cleaning appliances or bathroom odors. However, Yellow Flower has nothing to with that. Its flower notes balance the lemon dominance.
I like wearing it though.Plus, it's also my boy friend's gift for the Valentine's Day. However it's still not one my favorites even though I got a lot of compliments when I was wearing it.

Long story short, if you like floral stuff and lemon notes, I'd recommend this one. Perfect for daily use.

This is a nice casual scent, bland, soft. I really don't find it interesting ..I had it twice in my collection, twice I gave it away..for those who like very light scents, this is an option definitely..hard to pinpoint any notes, a mix of vague floral and fresh notes..When wearing it it is like I have nothing on me..the pink version isn't better, only Absolue has a bit more punch..just ok really..or for teenagers..

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Totalmente primaveral, huele fresco, con un toque de limón, acuático, con flores muy alegre, y la limpieza del musc.

Se los recomiendo, aunque dicen que su longevidad no es buena, en mi, si lo ha sido; fácil mas de 8 horas y su proyección moderada.

Este si me gusta mucho el Bright Crystal y yo no hicimos química por el momento.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

Testing this out for the first time right now and yes, it's nice. Is it amazing? Eh.
It's a fairly basic, clean scent.. Crisp without being sharp. The floral notes and amber woods keep this from smelling like a lemon kitchen cleaner. Really, it's well done, nicely balanced and totally wearable for any occasion, especially in the spring or summer. It's a little sweet too, but still maintains that pretty, delicate-ness. It is young and carefree.. It reminds me of when spring first hits and you're just positively thrilled about the sunshine and warm breeze after a long and dreary winter, and all you want to do is run outside barefoot in a sundress, throw your arms up and do spins with your toes in the grass.

I don't, however, think this is anything particularly new or breathtaking. But it's a nice everyday scent that you really can't go wrong with.

Nadia80
Nadia80

Yellow Diamond gives me the same feeling of glamour and freshness as Bright Crystal does. However, compared to BC, YD's sillage and lasting power is quiet weak. I also think Yellow Diamond is really a daytime spring scent, whereas Bright Crystal is more suitable for any time of the year and any time of the day. I like it, but I don't love it. I'm happy springtime is coming soon, so I can wear this fresh, happy, and light scent.

AhnSom
AhnSom

Versace Yellow Diamond = Pharell Williams' Happy
Really. It's like synesthesia (when two senses cross, like you feel color, for example). I hear Happy and I smell Yellow Diamond.

Penelope17
Penelope17

The colour yellow and big chunky crystals do not do anything for me visually but this is actually such a nice perfume! I don't know where I would wear this but I definitely want to make this one of my next purchases!

polkadot27
polkadot27

Fresh, clean, zingy and energizing. I really appreciate this scent. Most citrus scents are poorly blended and very sharp, this one is beautifully blended. It is citrus and sweet at first, then after 3 or 4 hours it becomes a beautiful blend of floral powder. I like the stages this perfume goes through been citrus at first then settling into a clean powdery fragrance. It is classy, sophisticated but fresh and fun too. Brilliant lasting power as usual from versace- thats why i love versace fragrances. They deliver what they promise, with a lot of designer perfumes i find they are poor quality for the price, but im never dissapointed with versace. I remember spraying vanitas versace, crystal noir and this one all on the same day at Debenhams and i could only afford 2 at the time, one of the hardest decisions of my life. But i've finally added this gem to my collection. It was well worth the wait & i appreciate this clean classy sophisticated mature fragrance more than ever. This scent does not disappoint it radiates far and lasts a long time - 9 hours plus for me.

Went on okay in a floral-fruit way but the wood notes are sharp and acrid and come to prominence too quickly, eclipsing everything else. A rather nice Mimosa note raised its head briefly, only to be drowned under a piercing wood-alcohol wash. Sharp, loud and clashing on my skin, a real failure. I'm glad this works for others, but on me, nope.

Sweelty
Sweelty

Just got my ordered yellow diamond! Love the scent a lot! I m a big fan of versace's bright crystal and this one smells exactly the same to me! I recommend it to young ladies who love fresh fruity citrusy smell:) good job versace!

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I love this scent! I found the 3.4 oz. on fragrancenet.com for $46.00. Can't wait to order it!

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Love this perfume so much!. I dont have one but I spray it on my wrist everytime I go to the mall. And, surprisingly! it lasts all day, even till the next day after I take a shower or bath! I am serious thinking to buy it soon, but for now I am waiting for a discount on Strawberrynet.

Ioli19
Ioli19

This is light, fresh, delicate citrus, made for spring! I like citrus notes but often they are harsh in the beginning and masculine- this isn't so: it's feminine, soft, easy to wear and cheerie!! The citrus and soft pear are working in harmony, the mimosa isn't excessively sweet,but subtly sweet, great blend. Fabulous for spring and summer, it would fit any day occasion, the bottle is impressive.
I think advertising wise it fell behind bright crystal and crystal noir, so do try it, you may surprise yourself.
The longevity is moderate, I re spray around mid day, but then again I have to do that with most perfumes.

I get mostly a thin scent of freesia and pear with faint wood notes in the base. It doesn't have enough smooth base notes to ground it for me, but it's a good scent for summer; thin, light, airy, with very little in the way of base notes

RGR
RGR

One day I was given a gift sample bottle of the perfume, lotion and shower gel of Yellow Diamond in cute mini sizes. Having Bright Crystal as a staple in my collection I didn't think much of the trio gift and threw the bundle into my travel toiletry bag. Two months went by and I finally got to experience Yellow Diamond.

Yellow Diamond took me on a detour here. I expected the same old citrus perfume that disappears within an hour and smells like a masculine or gender neutral eau fraiche . I was wrong.
The first phase is like a bath in warm, crisp sunlight. The bubbly and almost effervescent quality of the initial citrus blast awakens the senses. Other fruits start to mingle in.... like the pear which isn't too strong.
Then fresh flowers start emerging, slowly and dreamy. This stage reminds me of orchards blooming in the morning, still dewy and crisp. It is like a cool breeze wafting and rustling the green leaves of some trees near by.
The water lily, musk and amber notes aren't overwhelming and I am thankful for this. I keep thinking of a walk in a garden with orange blossoms and ponds filled with lilies. It smells expensive, luxurious and not overly done.
I am incredibly thankful that cedar is absent from this composition.The absence of wood-like notes makes it a feminine and classy perfume for young women. I am constantly put off by the overload of rustic wood notes in certain fragrances. It is very hard to find a citrus perfume that has a girly dry down. I am pleasantly surprised and baffled because I expected something quite neutral. Everyone commented saying I smelled so good, fruity and feminine. I am glad it doesn't induce headaches, nausea and lasted well throughout the day. Even when I couldn't smell it anymore people said I smelled good.

Thank you Versace House.
I have worn and loved many Versace perfumes before but this is one of my favorites. Undeniably feminine, fresh, sophisticated and sunny.Very italian in a way….Makes me wish I was in the Amalfi coast U_U

Meggers McBeast
Meggers McBeast

In the bottle, Yellow Diamond is a very crisp citrus-y clean floral. Reminds me of pretty, preppy girls that I knew in high school.

On my skin, however...it smells like the bathroom when you're getting ready to go out on a Saturday night, after you've showered and used ALL of your hair and body products. Sweet, humid, screechy, synthetic, and aggressively girly.

It fills the room when you first spray it, but is gone in a flash.

At 24, I think I am too old for this, but I would definitely recommend it for a teenage girl. It reminds me of Victoria's Secret PINK perfumes.

Jenny-Rebecca

The Yellow Diamond is an absolute citrus masterpiece. The top greets you with a fresh burst of lemon, mimosa, and fragrant pear.

It's fresh and sunny heart showcases bergmont, neroli, freesia and water lily with a base of guaic wood and amber that warm up this citrusy beautiful scent.

This scent is delightful for day and night and can be paired with the equally beautiful lotion for greater intensity.

I had coveted The Yellow Diamond for some time as I had the Bright Crystal many times but the Versace store in Vegas was sold out...finally I was able to get it for my birthday!

Who could think of a crystal that would turn into a yellow diamond...only VERSACE...

4scents
4scents

I tried and I tried and could not like this yellow lemon sour smell on my wrist. The body chemistry with this beautiful bottled fragrance does not work at all on me.At first, I asked the sales gal how long the tester had been on display, thinking the perfume was more than aged. She assured me that was not the case and agreed with my nose, no, not for me.On my skin there is no sweet, no citrus, no fresh just plain sour smelling spoiled lemons, For all who can wear it, and wear it well...enjoy!

jonnah.alv
jonnah.alv

Just got one from Lazada today. Nice bottle, I just don't get the hint of citrus on it or my nose was not yet accustomed to the scent since I was wearing a rather lighter and fruity sweet fragrance for the past few months....

Naile Huseynzade
Naile Huseynzade

I love this perfume <3

Sweetgirlie8
Sweetgirlie8

This is a very nice fragrance. My sister got it for Christmas and i sprayed it on me to try it out and I got jealous it wasn't mine. It's very fresh, not to fruity and very feminine. I like this one the best out of bright crystal and crystal noir.

larita91
larita91

Wow, i'm not a fond of citrusy or fresh fragrances, but i'm really into this one.
In the first 30 minutes it is like you've just got out of the shower and used a good energising shower cream...then slowly it becomes less citrusy, more elegant. Very feminime, classy scent, young, fun, but not too fresh and not childish at all.
Good for daytime use, sillage is moderate, but i don't have problems with the lasting power.

romanticfae
romanticfae

i was recently given the versace miniatures collection and i fell in love with this one
as a long time wearer of bright crystal my problem was always that that one was quite heavy and when put on my skin oily though i like the smell its a good day time it is a little old fashioned this one has none of those problems its light and fresh sexy and delicious not greasy and has a good staying power on me i could still smell it the next day im in love i will be definitely getting a big bottle the bottle is lovely like all of this range

First notes are very promising, lemon is so perfectly mixed with neroli that it gives very feminine, alluring fragrance. However, flowery heart notes are very strong and too sultry on my skin, just like mimose takes all over. On the contrary, base note is very clear, very pleasant, totally unobtrusive. If someone can tolerate strong mimose smell, surely can buy this fragrance.

Lovely, fresh citrus smell.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Far too much of a sweet clean scent for my taste. Feels almost invasive to me, but I am not often a big citrus fan anyway. Wanted to like it because of the pretty name and bottle, Oh, well

jasmine28x

Love this perfume - even thou lasting power is bleh!

Have to re-spray it every 2 hrs (lol.)

fiverosestea
fiverosestea

I smelled it in a magazine ad and it smells so good!! it makes me smile. like seriously. its a really happy scent. reminds me of the song smile by lily allen lol

caroldix
caroldix

This perfume is amazing! It smells clean, fresh and sophisticated. It's now my favorite summer fragrance. To o bad its staying power is not very good, it only lasts about 4 hours on my skin.

EDIT: I changed my mind. This perfume lasts for a long time. I tested it in another store and even after a took a shower it was still there. Maybe the bottle in the first store was ruined or the fragrance was fake. Now I love it even more. =)

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

I'am admirer of the Versace house since I was a young boy and owned various pieces of Versace's exquisite creations from fragrances, eyewear, clothing , cosmetics and home collections.
About this fragrance, well I softly lament to say that iam not a fan of this perfume, I was expecting to have boldness and staying power like many of its perfume brother and sisters before , it has character but its very modest to rather shy Versace type.
I believe this should have been a separate label called Donatella collections co or Versus at least not Versace and have Yellow Diamond as it's princess.
The style of bottle is alright,the yellow soft baroque design on the box is very Gianni Versace but lack his unique flair .
The scent is yellow notes all the way, very sunny shy type its a good perfume for a modest sunny type school teacher or church mother with style or trendy office type or your low key mistress.

Giezza
Giezza

My second perfume from Versace. I smelled lemon and citrus, it's ok but not impressed me much. I don't know I usually adore clean and fresh perfume, but this one is not one of my favorite.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

A watery citrusy lemon alcohol smell with a hint of lemons, pear and musk. Zero lasting power and sits very close to the skin and is undetectable by other noses. The people here that put that this has lasting power must be having a laugh? If you wear this, you may as well not bother applying perfume at all. Sad, but true.

Nadia Beatriz

I just love yellow diamond so much, dispite it's a soft fragrance,it smells divine,and lasting power it's amazing.. not to mention, everytime i put this one get tons of compliments.. a very good choice for spring and summer,altough we're on autumm and i still wear it,and it doesn't affect it's lasting power or sillage.. i highly recommend it for who wants to smell really nice without intoxicate or bother anyone's nouse :-). :-) btw a bit simmilar to chloé edp on me( wich i also love)

Rianna
Rianna

I've had Crystal Noir before which I thought was nice and very different and have never tried the others. I've smelt and had a lot of perfume and there's only a select few that I would say really stand out from the rest. This is going to be one of them for me. It's one of those feminine smells that when it wafts past you, you want to smell it again. It's romantic and so clean smelling. Some people have said it isn't a smell you would remember, I think you would remember it. It's not the same as everything else, there are notes similar to Daisy/Daisy Eau So Fresh but not entirely the same there is something else lingering there that makes you have to smell it again, where as with Daisy it's lovely but I don't want to keep smelling it. This has lasted on me and I think it smells simply beautiful. I've had many compliments when wearing this.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Nice optimistic scent that draws compliments. Although is mainly a citrus scent it's got a nice musky floral aspect that emerges in the dry down.
I don't detect the fruity aspect. I can see myself wearing this when it's starts to get cold and you want to be reminded of the wonderful long gone summer days.

Layzie
Layzie

In accordance with indorm's review, I am completely drawn to this perfume when my friend wears this at work. Yellow Diamond is a soft, floral fragrance with an amalgam of citrus & fruity flavour. I think it would be a great day fragrance for a lady who is feeling lithesome and insouciant. I picture frolicing through a field on a warm, sunny day whenever this scent is around.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

THis is just perfect with my body chemistry. It smells amazing on me. ♥ I LOVE IT! :)

Lucy Peach

Overall this is a crisp, light floral. Sweet and lemony too.

amrico
amrico

After having a reaction to Bright Crystal, I thought it would be best to try its 'sibling' scent first. I had wanted to buy a sample size since I need at least five days for skin reaction to start (when it comes to perfumes), but the sales lady gave me enough samplers to last me a week. I was delighted that I had no skin reaction but the scent didn't win me over. It is likeable, but just not for me. There is just too much lemon and not enough of the other notes come through for me. A lot of people liked it on me, but my fiance and I both didn't think it was the best scent for me.

fllorre
fllorre

Love the smell of this, but it only lasts 2 hours on my skin.

Princess
Princess

I like this! fresh and feminine. Smells like Bright Crystal mixed with lemom :)The lasting Power is moderate

indorm
indorm

My experience with this is that it draws men like bees to a flower. Be careful where and when you wear it. ;)

arrode
arrode

Very citrusy, but not in a bathroom cleaner kind of way. I enjoy this on really hot days, but it's nothing super unique. The lasting power is approximately 3 hrs on my skin. It's fresh and unoffensive. I never get any of the notes in the drydown as it seems to dissipate very quickly.

Rebecca123
Rebecca123

This is a great yellow/white floral perfume. Sadly, I won't be able to wear it because my body amplifies many perfumes so that they fills 500 ft of space and overwhelm the olefactory organs of everyone in that space. It smells good, and other people might not have my reaction. I like the complexity of the scent which gives it depth while it retains a bright fresh floral feeling. I can't say how it ages because I just put it on. I'd recommend it to anyone who didn't have the floral overwhelm problems I have.

This is a soft nice floral , easy to wear, casual. For those days when you aren't trying to make a statement with your perfume, rather just want to smell nice, and light...I do not detect all the notes listed, but yet I like it, it isn't a waow scent, just a pleasant yellow floral, fresh, and pretty..and very forgettable also, lasting power is real light..

love45
love45

I find this perfume to be a "Happy" fragrance! It is "bright" sweet and vibrant to wear. I smelled it and I loved it including Bright Crystal as well! I think it is suitable for all the seasons but mostly summer. I recommend it if you want a fun, delicious, vibrant fragrance to wear! ;)

000000009897ret79201hdb2`
000000009897ret79201hdb2`

This is the most conventional scent I own. I find this to be a refreshing summer scent. The scent is remarkably stable, even in the hottest weather (at least with my body chemistry.) It is a familiar fruity-floral fragrance without being overly sweet. It's youthful without being immature.

It's lifespan is at least average. At the end of the day, I don't smell like a perfume bottle, but the scent is still on my skin.

nchalabi
nchalabi

I, personally really enjoy this scent. I believe that it is necessary to have these types of scents in one's closet. I usually use very heavy, woody, musky, and sweet fragrances. Nevertheless, to have something like Versace yellow diamond is a must for me. This fragrance is great for interviews, official meetings and it is a spring/summer fragrance. It is neither offensive nor intimidating. In addition, it is a safe choice when you have a business meeting. You really do not want the other person to dislike you because of your heavy and sweet perfume. This scent is neutral and is nice for warmer weather. In fact it is not irritating at all. I believe that for every occasion there should be a specific fragrance, and I think this fragrance is really conservative and is really good for business meetings.

lisarad
lisarad

Light florals interplay nicely with some lovely light woods. The fruit and citrus are gone quite quickly, and the remaining scent was pretty. This fragrance is pleasant, soft, and nice. I like the drydown. It is somewhat plebian (sorry), not negative, just nice. Sits close to me, with nice longevity (and I have very dry skin)and didn't turn on me at all. All in all, a good frag.

sky74
sky74

It starts off amaizingly beautiful, But then, a sharp, very unpleasant note takes over. Too bad, we could've been a great couple...

Nadia Beatriz

I got this one today on the mailbox,really like it,i don't find it very citric in my skin it's kinda simmilar to chloé EDP or Florabotanica from balenciaga,i really like it,very fresh and cozy for summer.. i am definelly not a fan of versace,the ones i tried,didn't like at all,except for this one,well done,and keep up the good work :-)

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Not as good as I expected it to be. Tried it out in a shop. So happy I didn't buy it before trying it!

Inesis
Inesis

A lovely citrus-sweet fragrance for spring/summer. Very classy and fun. Reminds me a great deal of Marc Jacobs Daisy eau So Fresh which I also own, but this is more citrus where eau So Fresh is more sweet.

I smell mostly soft, kind citruses, not that much flowers. This is in no way bitter, it's very sweet and great for all ages from young teen to fun-loving adults. It's not very serious.

Too bad it has very bad lasting power, only a couple of hours. I fully expected that since it's such a summery splash, but I'm still disappointed. Sillage is from soft to medium.

I would use this when going to the town in the summer. Nice for meeting friends, visiting the library etc, Won't offend anyone and lifts your spirits!

AZULES Y MALVAS
AZULES Y MALVAS

My favourite perfume at this time. Only one negative side is that, it's definitely not long-lasting.

jasmine28x

Smells fresh, good for everyday. Extremely POOR lasting power - maybe 30 mins to an hour!

Feels like I wasted my money on this - 30 ml = $42

Won't be repurchasing it, no way !

YurikaS
YurikaS

Yesterday, I tried this perfume over the counter because I heard how much it resembles daisy eau so fresh ( which I totally adore, but can't afford the price). On first spray, I wasn't impressed. It just smells very citrusy and alcohol to me. And it was sooo far away from daisy eau so fresh that I know. However, after it dries down, it has this musky floral smell which I adore. And I sprayed myself with 4 perfumes yesterday, JC viva la juicy, BS radiance, EA Pretty, and surprisingly, this one has the best longevity. I'm considering to get one of this. But still battling over the fact that I should just spend a bit more money to get daisy eau so fresh instead.

Mariana444
Mariana444

I received it yesterday. Very comforting frangrance is it.
"Yellow diamond" is like a young, blond girl wearing a summer dress... The pear is quite apparent on my skin.
It's a good perfume.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this smells like daisy eau so fresh mixed with burberry brit sheer.
its sunshine citrus fruits---i swear this is yuzu in this---and a light clear musk in the background that shows up more in the drydown.
this is summer, fun, and young.
nothing offensive here or overwhelming.
nothing original or jaw dropping either.

turtlenic1
turtlenic1

I like the Versace Bright Crystal, so thought I'd give this one a try, but OMG, I thought I was going to die of a massive headache. I had to wash it off, wipe alcohol over my arms twice, and wash again to get it off. I don't know what was in it, but I returned it quickly!

Fonna
Fonna

I initially tried this one out of a magazine , but I actually liked it.
So, buzzing about the mall this afternoon, I spritzed it on one of those papers. I know I should spray it on myself.....maybe tomorrow as I found this perfume absolutely intoxicating.

The initial blast, pure alcohol, then it mellows into a beaUtiful sweet heady mimosa, with juist a hint of gin and pepper(?).

Well, the scent started to fade on the paper, and thought it was a no sale. Then magically this perfume bloomed and revived itself again.

It has been one hour and the scent is very fresh and fragrant as when I first sprayed it on this paper that I can't stop smelling.
Beautiful.

I sure will try it on myself and read the notes better, and give a Full Report.
It's a winner.......so far.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

I adore this perfume -- fresh and bright, it almost seems to sparkle. The dry down is even better to my nose than the initial scent. It is less clean and the hint of citrus disappears into a soft, skin-scent floral that smells indescribably lovely.

However, for the price of this perfume I much would have rathered it have better sillage.

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

This almost smells like Daisy by Marc Jacobs.. But this is stronger. I prefer Daisy

Museumgal
Museumgal

It's a sweet floral with some fruit and pleasant, but I feel the lemon and pear are too strong. Blots out the florals, even in the dry down. The citrus in particular is just too overwhelming for the mimose. It is great for summer though, but more citrus than floral.

At first Yellow Diamond is quite fresh and bright but upon drydown it gets sort of.. stodgy, is the only word I can think of. Powdery, waxy with something in there at makes me think of Sweet 'n Low. An overbearing floral sweetness that recalls a funeral home. I'm chalking this up to the mimose/lily combo and the pear note.
The intro is pleasant, but not really my style.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is fresh, light hearted and FUN. Makes me feel like a sunny day at an exciting afternoon party. There is a slight bit of sparkly champagne in this. I feel like laughing when I smell this. It's so lighthearted, non offensive, bright and low key. A lot of these fresh scents dry down too masculine or sour. This one trails off elegantly into a sheer soaps cent still carrying the scent very lightly . To me this perfume spans the different age groups but it comes across as more mature due to the lack of sugar, aggressive fruit, vanilla etc. I like to wear this is the daytime in the heat whether casually or professionally because it seems to fit mature women very well. It smells smooth and expensive not like you are covered in a three dollar fruit spray or trying to be a teenager. It's beautiful and soft. This is kind of like wearing a little smile on your skin. All positives about this scent from the smell to the gorgeous bottle. However....the lasting power isn't that great. Either being the bottle with you or get a rollerball. I'm gonna say 8.5/10

Gandhilama
Gandhilama

This one smells nice, fresh and clean.

It reminds me of Daisy by Marc Jacobs but I don`t think they smell the same. It's inoffensive and good for spring and summer.

derkargy
derkargy

I tried this today.It's a beautiful,fresh fragrance,full of joy and nostalgia.I get strong mimosa,well balanced with other yellow flowers that remind me the promised mediterranean earth in summer.I think that is much better than Bright Crystal,which has the same flacon and hope I 'll buy it soon.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

I just smelled this on a classmate today. Al day when I passed her I could smell this fresh, a bit sweet, slightly fruity, watery and just amazing summery scent. So I ask her what it was. It was this one. I do remember smelling it in the store on a paper card once and wasn't that impressed. But apparently on the skin it develops in to something amazing. The lasting power is good too I think, because I could smell it on her all day and she didn't resprayed it.

I think people who like sweet, green, lemony fragrances like D&G light blue, Chance eau fraiche, Versace Versense or Marc Jacobs Daisy might like this one too.

freshcultureshock
freshcultureshock

I put on too many perfumes at the perfume counter. I do not know if it is this one that smells divine on me, but I am guessing it is! It is a very sharp perfume that has essences of yellow flowers, and some fuity notes either rasberry or peach? I do not pick up any lemon at all. I belive that diamond is a great name for the perfume because it does have a sparkly and sharp element to it. I belive that the silliage is better then the nose to wrist wiff. I am suprised this was labled as a tolliette as it is fairly strong on me.

edit: I put this on an hour ago ( if at that), and the fragrence is gone. Just like that. It was so strong when I put it on, and then like poof its gone the next second. Dissapointing! :(

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I was looking to add a bright fresh perfume to my collection but this didn't offer anything unique enough for me to buy a full bottle. Yellow Diamond is a little too much citrus for my taste. I think it does smell similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy which I'm also not a fan of. They dry down of Yellow Diamond is soapy and clean. This scent is non-offensive and kind of forgettable to me. This one is fresh and sparkling just not for me. So far I haven't found a Versace scent I'm crazy about.

mnlewis
mnlewis

I love this perfume! I just got my first bottle, which I think is pretty and very glam! It's pleasant, office friendly, and makes me feel sexy and elegant at the same time! It's the perfect floral you can wear in the spring or the fall.

Musselille
Musselille

This perfume is definitely not anything special. I have smelled a lot of perfumes that either smells just like this or reminds me of it. From expensive to very cheap perfumes.

It has a bit of masculine in it, but dries down to a more feminine smell.

It's longevity is very poor. On me, it lasts about one hour. It sits close to skin.

luciterabbit
luciterabbit

hm, just got a sample. citrusy, peary, lemony,watery, fresh,pretty. doesnt seem to last long, not that unique or complex.

Eos
Eos

Sugary pear, mimosa and freesia over a dryer sheet musk and ambroxan base. Sweeter, less citrusy, and more floral than Versace's Bright Crystal. Pleasant and inoffensive but ultimately nothing ground breaking.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

On me, this one started out nice and fresh and pleasant, but turned a little too masculine/soapy. A disappointment.

It is nice but nothing beyond nice for me. I like the smell, a yellow floral with a luminous aura, it is a perfume anybody could enjoy, hence the issue , a bit flat, a bit like you aren't wearing anything!? Overall a safe buy, as it smells nice, but it lacks character, and longevity.

porpia.patsanan
porpia.patsanan

Very fresh. It make me feel young, tender, and cheerful. Meanwhile, it doesn't last long since it's EDT.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

On me it smells nothing else but Acid Diamond. I couldn't call it nicer even on paper strip. It looks as someone needs to make additional profit in a hurry and takes Bright Crystal, pours more alcohol, drops Versense into it and here we have new hit lol.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I really like this scent, I think it is perfect to wear at work. It's fresh and not overpowering and feels young and bright. Too bad its longevity is poor ( my chemistry body ), I wish it could ever last longer.

Elouelou
Elouelou

Drigsby, have you reacted similarly to any other perfumes with similar notes before? I have noted in reviews by other members that perfumes that have neroli or orange scents can cause a urine smell on some skin chemistries. I got the "ohsolovely" cat urine smell with Intimately Beckham which has neroli and orange blossom.

I hope this one doesn't for me, I just bought it today!

adahuys
adahuys

What a pleasant perfume!

It's bright, fresh, airy and citrusy. It stays on quite a while. I have a miniature bottle of this and I carry it around in my purse. I once dabbed it on my wrists after a long day at the office and it instantly brightened up my mood and funny to say, my colleagues' too! They just couldn't stop sniffing the air. An office friendly I must say. LOL.

Lately, I'm more fond of floral, warm and musky kinda scents. But some days I just need a kick of freshness. I'm so going to get a larger bottle of this once I run out the miniature.

Spug
Spug

This fragrance is wonderful and fresh. I used to wear Elige by Mary Kay a great fragrance; however, they discontinued it. Went to Macy's today with my bottle of Elige wanting something similar. Yellow Diamonds is actually better, very light and easy to wear without the headache of most perfumes.

Duffy

this is one of the perfumes i will keep in my collection forever. Its my number 1 perfume. I wil throw every single perfume out of the window.. for this perfume.

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

I see this offering from Versace is not so popular.
I honestly like all 3 Crystals, with this one being no. 2 after Noir. It's lovely on my skin, i like the way mimosa mixes with pear in this one and i feel it's a tad powdery , and all in all works for me. Summer-ish scent, wearable in spring too. Definitely on my want list. Mimosa is always soo nice and feminine on me.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Finally a fresh bright citrus. Also has a touch of violet. UNLIKE the cloying, dank citruses of years past: Sunflowers, Escape, Happy.

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

Got it for my birthday and I love it. It's a really light and refreshing flowery fragrance.

ElleNell
ElleNell

Love it!!! smells exsepensive and a bit exotic. A very ultra glam perfume for the glam girl who like the finer things in life. Perfect for warm sensual summer nights!!

onlysif
onlysif

i tried this yesterday, and dismissed it straight away.
i love bright crystal, yet for this, the first smell reminds me of dkny golden delicious - only that golden delicious is much more pearish and fresher. after about 30mins, can't really smell it much anymore
i think i will stick to golden delicious for now

busik
busik

Very recalled Daisy, and judging from the reviews I did not one. Rightly said, "something like that already and not once was ..." indeed it would for 10 years early. In the summer at the time! On the skin does not change, after 30 minutes was just as warm, well after 2 hours completely fell off.

molson316
molson316

Got the sample today and tried it for the first time. I do like it. It is a very fresh, bright, subtly sweet, fragrance. However, it smells familiar! I had just yesterday complimented my friend on her fragrance. She told me it was Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. So comparing the notes in both...Yellow Diamond's 6 of its 11 notes, from top to base, are very similar if not the same as some of the notes in EA's Sunflowers. In fact, Sunflowers has quite a few more notes that YD doesn't and is definitely the more complex of the two. Very interesting.

AirCitrusWater
AirCitrusWater

Luxurious and expensive smell. Goes on very citrus, then in about 15 minutes the warmth comes out; a bouquet. And then the heat comes out and as time passes it gets hotter and hotter, without loosing freshness or going powdery.

Classy, dressy, versatile. A nice indulgence. I picture glistening, massaged skin, dressed in white fur.

Sun reflecting on the water, a warm evening out.

Romance.

A touch of richness, intrigue, depth.

It's beautiful, very feminine.

I would also buy this as a moisturizer.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

Amazing bottle, I just don't like very fresh citrussy/lemon kind of scents.

dulcette
dulcette

so-so, lasts long but the tart fruitiness is not for me. the drydown is a syrupy floral, someone else might appreciate it.

clairest
clairest

Can't single out any note in this fragrance to be named a flower, or a kind of fruit, or anything else recognizable. Though it does have a powdery smell to it. I find this perfume civilised, sober, refined! And: for a woman it has something sturdy to it. Which I like!

I hate the awful "diamond" cap, though. This fact, combined with this Eau de Toilette being expensive to my budget, prevents me buying a bottle of it.

Everyworker
Everyworker

This one has been my favorite since it came out. Before that my go-to fragrance was Bright Crystal.

It's so clean, fresh and crisp, but also has something sophisticated and divine about it, like ambrosia. I think the bottle really suits the perfume a golden diamond.

The notes that stand out the most on my skin are the mimosa and the freesia. It doesn't really change that much over time and it lasts for several hours on me.

I get a lot of compliments on this perfume when I'm wearing it. Which is very rare because I don't ever get compliments on any other perfume I wear. So I guess you could say I've found my true signature scent!

weeich
weeich

the power of lasting is too weak!!! it only stayed on me half to one hour... disappointed on this...

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

not sure of the notes and such, but this lasts forever, after working for six hours a woman came up to my "window" and said "you smell SOOO good." it's not offensive and is nice and pleasant. 2 thumbs up

Shimone
Shimone

Any fragrance that remains on my skin after showering IMO is a keeper! I'm upgrading from the rollerball....

Juliana6
Juliana6

It's a glass of fresh lemon juice. Refreshing citrus for hot summer days ( and nights). I think it's a bit like Versace Versense, the difference is that Versense is more interesting, more alive and sparkling.
Lemon, lemon, lemon and... more lemon. It's somehow chemical, acid smelling. Makes me think that it has been made inattentively just to grab some success (and money) that belong to Bright Crystal and Crystal Noir.
I don't hate it but I wouldn't buy it for myself.
Sorry, don't like it.

Necabel
Necabel

Me ha gustado mucho. Aunque no la encuentro fresca, me resulta agradable para el verano porque no es para nada empalagosa. Da la sensación de tener poca permanencia, aunque realmente lo que ocurre es que es muy sutil y no se expande como otros aromas, sino que queda en algo más personal.
Es un EdT que evoca ternura, la luminosidad de las mañanas de verano, tranquilidad. Lo tengo en mi lista para comprarlo :)

***

I liked it. Although not find fresh, I find it nice for summer because it is not at all cloying. It seems to have little permanence, but really what happens is that it is very subtle and does not spread like other scents, but it is something more personal.
It is a tenderness reminiscent EdT, the brightness of the summer mornings, quiet. I have it on my list to buy it :)

SouthernLady
SouthernLady

This is probably the perfect fragrance for summertime. It doesn't have staying power on me though, and I do use my rollerball to reapply several times a day.

allexa
allexa

Very nice fragrance for summer. Light, sweet, floral but doesn't stay long. May be it's better for hot summer's days like we have now, in the middle of July '12.

graceadlerk
graceadlerk

I really like this one but it doesn't last very long on me. I bought the rollerball so I can reapply through out the day.

mshell
mshell

I love Versace Yellow Diamond! It's 1 of my favorites! This is my idea of a soapy and clean smelling perfume. Please tell me what the soapy notes are!!

Jan246
Jan246

This one doesn't have a distinctive 'personality'. It's nice, but not special. Bright Crystal is the real deal, a truly outstanding fragrance and far superior to this one.

hpvg
hpvg

I think that it is not so similar to Bright, because Bright had such a sharp tone to my nose (almost like cat spray - how appealing). Yellow Diamond is so smooth. Nothing sharp. Just light and fruity and floral. Wish I had the body lotion to make it last longer, but I really like it and it lasts a while (even after I can't smell it -- I'll smell the scarf I was wearing the next day or so and I can definitely smell it still). And it is still subtle and beautiful. There are a few other fragrances I would like to get this summer, but this could be my "main scent", for sure. It is definitely in the running!!

atomine
atomine

Very glamorous fragrance... I adore it!

Debshee
Debshee

The opposite of Bright Crystal for me. With BC, I love the opening but hate the dry down. With YD, I hate the opening. Has a sour or tart note in the begininng, but after 10 minutes, it becomes a nice floral. Unfortunately, it gives me a headache if I put on more than a tiny drop.

zabica

Tried it again and bought it! :)

Citrus but warmer, softer, fruitier, sweeter.. in the dry down it reminds me of Bright crystal, so, it will work for anyone liking it. Nothing spectacular, not the kind of perfume that captures your heart on the first sight/smell, but it captivated me after several trials.

Totally casual, but with something in it.. smells very clean and fresh, with a bit of sweetness to it.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

The first hit was citrusy, but not overwhelmingly so. I really liked it. Then it seemed to turn to pretty much the same as Bright Crystal. Well that is not a bad thing since I like Bright Crystal.
This is a frag that won't offend anyone, it's light enough to wear to work. I found that it did not last on me very long though...it's much too light for me. But it is a very pleasant fragrance.

trophywife81
trophywife81

I'm obsessed with this scent. Very clean, uplifting. Initially it reminds me of sun-bleached clean laundry drying on a clotheline....but then that scent morphs into a fragrant, post-rainfall garden: water lily, freesia, neroli, and mouth-watering pear. The dry-down calls to mind fresh spring mornings complete with champagne brunches. There' a hint of a powdery finish, but it's far, far away from anything too reminiscent of your grandmother.

It's light, bright, and floral without belonging to the sorority sisters' crowd; it's sophisticated, but not in an "old-lady" way. Love at first sniff.

cherie97
cherie97

Versace Yellow Diamond is adorable at first. I love it the most at the very beginning, when its citrusy and crispy! but don't buy blind, because you might not like what it turns into. After a while it becomes quite, a little bitter, sour maybe? Citruses settle down, and there is something in it that frustrates me, really. I mean, how can this beautiful, crystal citrus freshness turn into something so bitter and flat? I can feel the musk in it, but there's a lot of wood too. I'd love it to death if it was citrusy all the time. But, unluckily, it does not.
For those, who feel the same - I recommend trying Laugh Often by Reese Witherspoon from Avon. It's gorgeous, citrusy scent with a hint of tea freshness and it stays on skin all day long. Way cheaper, way better. Also, I find the beginning of Yellow Diamond similar to the new Yves Rocher scent Argumes en Fleurs. It's got the bitter note too, but a more pleasant one.
I can feel why some people detect some Marc Jacob's Daisy in YD. Yes, but well, Daisy's way better and at least it smells like a daisy. And you can't really say this about YD.

margarita_fbg
margarita_fbg

Свеж и летен !

verysherry
verysherry

vErsAcE yEllOw dIAmond

It's a Diamond...Multi Dimensional...the more i smell of it the more i feel complete...this is sooo fresh and yet so sexy...which is rare...it has a warm sunny heart and it feels like the zest of lemon on warm flowers in the bright not harsh morning sun getting warmer by the day just the right projection for summers...a personal scent...Versace Perfumes Pls learn to be loyal on to our bodies...stay Longer pls!!
Alas! If Bliss were a color i'd say its Yellow!

I say Value For Money:7/10
Overall :8/10

Vampiris
Vampiris

smells like Bright Crystal Versace, but fresher and more outstanding..something daisy in it makes it smells like a spring trip to me..

received a 30ml as gift a few months ago..it's a good quality girly modern scent..

missyumyum
missyumyum

Is this limited edition?

Florecita4
Florecita4

Loooove it! <3
Beautiful fragrance, so fresh, light, just perfect. The bottle is gorgeous too, the yellow colour is captivating, and the fragrance is breathtaking.
I fell in love with it immediately.
The lasting power of Yellow Diamond on my skin is amazing.
A perfect perfume for spring/summer season.
Well done Versace. :)

FeFe2009
FeFe2009

Hi. It doesn't smell like Bright Crystal, Light Blue, Daisy, or Dior Addict. Each of these scents have there own distinctive smell. Yellow is Fresh, Citrusy, and Sophisticated, with a hint of Champagne. Love It !!!

selenehdez
selenehdez

Muy parecido a Daisy de Marc Jacobs...

lizaza
lizaza

i just bought the 50 ml one yesterday as i loved it immediately when i sniffed it.
wonderful scent, perfect for summer. its very airy, fresh and captivating. just like how it is marketed. good for everyday use and very long lasting.

romihi
romihi

Nice and fresh, but pretty average.

OZ
OZ

To my nose, Yellow Diamond reminds me somewhat of Bright Crystal but more citrus. Versace is playing it "safe" this time.
Overall, Yellow Diamond is fresh and fruity. It is nice and youthful, but ordinary, average, nothing I (and probably you) haven't smelled before. Lovely, but not for me.

SandraV
SandraV

I just received my sample today and at first it was a lovely citrus but as it dried down it became very cedar-ish on me:I definitely see the comparisons to Light Blue.I could smell a hint of the pear right at the beginning but it was quickly overwhelmed by the citrus notes-I'm disappointed as I love pear.At the price they are charging for this I expected a lot more.It's not bad by any means:just not what I was expecting(mind you I have wacky skin chemistry).If it had kept the top notes throughout it would have been a 'love' from me:(
@missk:I could have copied your review:exactly how I feel...

shoshana25
shoshana25

Smells lovely, reminds me of Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. It has the same musky, woody base, which I love! It's beautiful, but after maybe 5 or 6 hours it fades quite a bit, but little traces of the fragrance peeks through at the end of the day. I love it. Would be a winner in EDP form.

skylar
skylar

Yes, for me it smells very similar to Bright Crystal, it has a similar base but Yellow Diamond is like a fresher, citrusy version of Bright Crystal. I prefer Yellow Diamond, it's lovely.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I'm extremely open-minded, but I cannot get around the fact that this smells like Daisy! There must have been some inspiration behind Yellow Diamond, aside from wanting to produce a clean-classy floral. The dry-down is slightly different. Yellow Diamond becomes more floral opposed to fruity. The clean aspect is more associated with the pear note. However, Marc Jacobs Daisy and Versace Yellow Diamond are still in fact, far too similar. It wouldn't make sense for any woman to own them both. Who has the edge?? Yellow Diamond, hands down... but Daisy stands up to her newly born, and more sophisticated sister dressed in black as a parfum.

macoolina
macoolina

Soapy, smells like skin after shower. Soft, calm, quiet, not loud at all. But wonderful for everyday use.

dome
dome

Awesome it gives me feeling that I am attractive all the time !!! Thanks Versace

dkny27
dkny27

Lemons, very distinct. Sprayed the fragrance in the air, walked through and all I could smell were feminine lemons, if they could exist.
The heart matured into something very similar to Bright Crystal, which was soft and pleasant, but a bit too sweet.
The base now mimics D&G Light Blue which I just recently gave away due to its overly popular usage.
Not a bad choice but not something I would purchase.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

Oh man, this is not designed for me. The water lily dominates the scene with slight accords of the pear, mimose and citrus. It smells synthetic and burns my nose even after it's settled. There is something mature about this fragrance, and i think it's the water lily. Definitely for women over 30 at least. It just smells... wrong on me. perhaps its a chemistry thing. Versace's Bright Crystal did the same thing. I'm sure on the right woman this would smell divine, light and sophisticated, but alas, back to the drawing board.

violetta1975
violetta1975

I simply love this scent! And on me it lasts hours and hours. I sprayed it 6 hrs ago now and its still very "loud". i dont understand how it is possible that on some people it disappears within 2 hours. My experience is that it is very long lasting....like a chanel.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I love this one - it's a great summer scent! Very refreshing thanks to the citrus notes and pleasant at the same time due to the floral notes present. I agree with the reviews below that it doesn't last too long - I've worn it a few times before and have had to re-spray it after about 4-5 hrs. However, it's great while it lasts and makes u feel rejuvenated each time u spray it :)

nush imogen
nush imogen

This is surprisingly nice, I am usually not a big fan of Versace perfumes, this one seems different than all the other ones i've tried. It's a mix of citrus and lilies, very fresh, perfect for a hot day, it lasts long like most Versace perfumes. Unfortunately - in my opinion the scent gets worse later on, or maybe it's just the way it reacts to my skin, little too soapy.

yoyo_0529
yoyo_0529

I live in a warm country and I am currently testing the small bottle sample my friend gave to me just for fun.
On the first apply I get a very very strong lemon, a little bit shocking, and as I was thinking please do not make me smell like a lemon toilet cleaner suddenly it gets softer and freesia and mimosa enter nicely.
I used to love the Bright Crystals, bought it twice finished them.
This is less sharp and tarty than the bright crystal, it is just perfect.
However i failed to notice pear and lilly...
On my skin most I can notice are mimosa and amber.
It doens't lasts long on my skin though, this is less than 2 hours, and i have to press my wrist to my nose to smell any traces of it.
I love it, not buying though.
It may lasts long on others but not me.
Perhaps this may last longer on colder weather and less lemony.

sweetgirl

this is fresh but pink bright crystal is more grapefruity and this is sunny citrus....just wear it...it smells good...when the spring sun is out....REMINDS ME OF THE OLD VS MIST SCENT : RIVIERA SUN....1993...! RIVIERA SUN I MISS IT...THIS WILL DO! :)

happychub
happychub

after a very successful launch of bright crsytal now come to this yellow diamond.im very excited to try this out in airport duty free shop.
top notes : very sparkling energetic smell like sunshine,not too loud, smell clean
middle notes : smell like this,this is a good scent but a deep sniff u will catch the bright crystal shadow.not bad.
basenotes : light floral feminine scent.
smell 9/10
lasting 9/10
sillage 9/10

I love yellow diamonds, so much so that I don't think I'd accept anything less as an engagement ring, as it is pretty much my dream. Husband to be, I will apologise in advance for my fussy behaviour. However, when it comes to Versace Yellow Diamond, I am impressed but also under-whelmed.

I enjoyed the opening top notes immensely. The initial blast was quite citrusy, sweet and fresh. Lemon, mimosa, pear and orange blossom danced about on my skin all light and sparkly for the first ten or so minutes. At this point I was smiling in agreeance with its scent.

Unfortunately the heart was much thicker than I expected, with the fruits taking on a more sourish quality. The floral notes also became richer with a hint of soapiness, mostly due to the freesia accord. It was at this point that Versace Yellow Diamond began to smell very much like Marc Jacobs Daisy. I am so glad other reviewers have backed me up in this observation, as for a while I felt it was only me that thought this.

Like Daisy, I like it but I find it a bit too strong for hot weather. It has a similar salty play-doh accord that begins to grate on my nerves after awhile. I am beginning to question whether Versace was purposely attempting to re-create Daisy in order to leech off its success.

The sillage and longevity may be superb, and the bottle equally as impressive, yet I'm not completely sold on this fragrance. It's in the same vein as Bright Crystal, very citrusy and sharp, which was another scent I couldn't warm to.

Perhaps I had built this fragrance up to be something a lot better in my mind prior to smelling, in order for me to feel so cheated now. I believe that if Versace Yellow Diamond had been a little softer in scent, I may have liked it more.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

It does smell "yellow"! Lol Hard to define what I mean by that, since I'm not picking out really specific notes, but I suspect it's lemon, pear, freesia, and amber. I don't looove this one, but I don't really mind it. It's soury, but floral. Just not worth much of my attention when there are so many other, more enticing scents out there, and on me this one only lasts a few minutes with no sillage.

Whit
Whit

Reminds me of Bright Crystal, but with more citrus. Very fresh for spring and summer and a happy scent too. It settles close to the skin, but is long-lasting; you can catch small whiffs. I probably won't be buying this one as it's so similar to Bright Crystal (which I already own), especially in the dry down. Very nice, sunny frag though.

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

Very fresh and citrusy, but not in a tart way. I I found it to be light. I thought it suited the yellow name. I agree with the reviewer who said it turns a little powdery when its drying down and the scent at this point reminded me of Marc Jacobs Daisy.

Duffy

This perfume last forever! If you are looking for a perfume that stays all day, this is the one your looking for. The scent is fresh and a little bit powdery when it dries down. Im verry happy with it! you already feel clean when you spray it on, haha.

Wow, this is my favorite Versace yet. I wasn't excited to try it, thinking it would be a boring citrus fragrance with poor longevity. I was blatantly wrong! Firstly, I had no idea it featured mimosa, one of my favorite floral notes. When I tested it, it was magnificent. The scent is clean, fresh, delicately floral. It's beautifully, gloriously feminine. I wore it for 3 hours before I had to take a shower and wash it off, but it seemed to be going strong throughout those 3 hours--and I'm really fussy about longevity! The yellow bottle is really pretty too! Think I might need to buy this one.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is fabulous. On me, I get mostly the woods and amber. I also get some lemony freshness peeking through too. I like this alot. Fresh, but edgy with the woods...NICE!!!

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is everything that the reviewers have mentioned below. I am holding off buying it because I need to use up some of my other fragrances first. This will be my bachelorette party weekend scent!

katemcq
katemcq

Airy, sunny, floral, a little creamy, and light. A real mood-lifter. Great for everyday wear and more complex than you'd expect. Love it!!!

I've started layering this with Jo Malone's Orange Blossom - amazing, juicy, zingy combo.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

YELLOW DIAMONDS IN THE LIGHT!!...thank you rihanna for having that pop in my head every time I see this, ok for the smell Yellow Diamond it doesn't smell that bad, its a nice citrus-floriental very light, fresh & clean, && yes very yellow like a glistening sun on a nice spring day with the smell of sweet flowers filling the air, but agreed it does not last that long. :/ I do love how different the packaging is compared to the other 2 so +1 to that lol :)

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

I like it, Very fresh, clean, it reminds me of spring, really like the mimosa!
the disappointment: it is gone within 2 hours! :((

jonr951
jonr951

I didn't love Yellow Diamond. Oh well. I still want Versace's Vanitas! That one's a winner! : )

lilikoi
lilikoi

The opening is clean, then lush florals make their appearance. I love the refreshing head and heart notes but something in the dry down is very soapy. Can anyone identify what that is so I can avoid in the future?

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I liked the Facebook page to receive a "deluxe size sample" ..I wonder what size that is & if I will really get one?

Anyway I smelled this at Macy's last month & LOVED it! It is citrus, floral, sophisticated & fresh. I was going to purchase it right there, but now hopefully I will get a free one! :)

Thank you Fragrantica for notifying us! :)

UPDATE: I found out the "deluxe size perfume" is just a regular sample vial, 2ml

UPDATE #2: I received my 2ml sample vial today 5/3/12 :) It definitely smells citrus, watery, very daytime scent.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I find the Bright crystal version nice enough, but this didn't go down well with me at all.

At first there's a lot of lemon and an unpleasant pear smell. (How do you get pear to smell unpleasant? Quite an achievement!) After that, all I get is dandelion. I could swear there are violets in there as well. It's probably the waterlily notes playing with my head, and it's not funny.

The comparisons to Marc Jacobs Daisy are fairly accurate, which might explain why this one isn't for me. However, fans of Daisy should give it a try!

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

This one smells a lot like Daisy, except that it has a "dirty" note that my skin picks up as it dries down... it's more complex than Daisy, I'll give it that, but still.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

On me this came off as pure mimosa and lemon, quite fresh and yet not boring and clear, as mimosa has that lipstick quality on my skin. There is some strong neroli in the opening which I wish stayed longer. Staying power is rather good for a EDT but that bottle is so awkward - the cap is almost too large for my hand to handle, I was so afraid I was going to drop it. A bit too ostentatious for my taste. Nice fragrance, but there are other mimosa heavy scents I would choose before this one, like Champs Elysees and Mimosa de L'Esterel.

sweetgirl

Just got a large bottle,love this, so fresh and pretty, still love bright crystal too ! New spring winner !

shoreshells
shoreshells

I am very surprised by this fragrance by Versace because they haven't made a perfume, instead they do EDT's and that isn't stron enough for my skin. However, I purchased the Yellow Diamond and I find that it does last and smells very nice too! It was a good decision to buy this fragrance.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

With the dry, windy chill of winter in full swing here in Vegas, I had been craving the soft, airy, sweet scent of mimose. So I was quite excited to see this new addition to the Versace crystal collection on Fragrantica and waited with great anticipation for its arrival on the market.

Ahh yes, Finally! at Macy's, right in time for the holiday shopping season.(Merry christmas ME!!)

While "Yellow Diamond" is not quite what I was expecting or looking for,(which was a more mimose dominant scent) It IS however, the type of fragrance that I love and it DOES conjure up thoughts and images of a glorious warm midsummer afternoon.

Dominated mostly by fresh, juicy cituses, followed by a delicate undercurrent of sweet, femimine mimose.

Bright and sunny like yellow, sparkling and luminous like a diamond.(Some reviews claim the name is inappropriate. I disagree.)

I purchased the largest bottle I could get my hands on. I Can hardly wait for the first signs of spring to break out the "Yellow Diamond".

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is the first Versace fragrance I’ve tested that I enjoy. I wasn’t impressed with either Crystal Noir or Bright Crystal, but Yellow Diamond seems better composed and more wearable (for me at least). This is a cheery, pleasant, luscious floral scent.

Yellow Diamond is all about the juicy citrus, delicate water lily and fluffy mimosa for me. I smell a tart peach note as well. As it develops, a lovely and sensual musk comes into play. This would easily make a great everyday fragrance. It is sunny and bright, and definitely most appropriate for daytime.

The drydown is the least interesting part for me. It heads slightly in the direction of Bright Crystal with it’s light-floral and lemon base, but thankfully doesn’t cross the line into becoming screechy and astringent.

I’m not so head-over-heels in love with this scent that I want to buy it at this time, but I certainly enjoy it and it could become part of my collection in the future. As others have mentioned, it's nothing ground-breaking but I do think it's very wearable, appealing and well-made.

LuiLui
LuiLui

Love it!!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Am... when I saw it on the counter I seriously thought - ''wth this can't exist, is it a knock off or a joke?'' [Makers of knock offs sometimes like to invent their own color version, for example their creativity flew with Nina Ricci's Nina fragrance in the past and lolled many] Indeed, the concept is weird and odd. I mean, Dark Cristal was quite a nose biter, Bright was a light follow up that hadn't anything to do with the first one and now this.
Fresh, peary, some generic florals there. Light, for... err.. well mby someone likes this, who knows...But if you like interesting things, skip that, there's nothing groundbreaking. [Tho I tested it only on blotter, if I'm bored enough someday, I'll try it on skin too..]

misscherie07
misscherie07

I want to buy versace perfume but i don't know which one is better yellow diamond or bright diamond?

iako
iako

It is a very nice, fresh and light perfume. Long lasting also. I Like it very much

sarage
sarage

I tried this one on a gloomy fall day, and it sure has a lot of sunshine in it! First, the bottle and the color are great, and the perfume itself is full of fruit, flowers and sunshine.
This has more character than Bright Crystal, which I also like.
Bright Crystal did not last on my skin, I think this one has better lasting power.
This is perfect for summer.

passionata20
passionata20

Not a fan of "Bright crystal" at all i actually like this one. It seems to have somekind of masculine note (wood maybe?) that is appealing to me. That particular note doesn´t make this fragrance another fresh air freshener but gives it a bit of character. Pear is gorgeous here mixed with mimose and bergamote. Sillage is limited and staying power is good. Since it is still kind of light fragrance i wasn´t expecting it to be something extraordinary but it did impressed me and i will definitly buy a bottle for next spring-summer. that´s when i think it will be best.
I just can´t get rid of the feeling that the bottle and the colour isn´t exactly right for this fragrance, something green i guess would be more propriate. And i have smelled somthing similar somewhere before. Might it be modified Escada´s "Loving bouquet" (limited summer edition form 90´s)? I have to check, since i am very much positive that they share some similarities, though they don´t share a lot of notes. But this one is definitly better and softer and brighter :)

littebee
littebee

I like it very, very much. It starts light, I mean with burst of lemon, citrusy notes, then we have flowers, white flowers, but the best part of it is the drydown. BEAUTIFULL, today I was sprayed with Dune, and at the end of the day, when I grabbed my coat I cought such an amaizing smell, better the DUne (which I like)it was Yellow Diamond. The same was yesterday, I sprayed Alien in the morning, but at the end of the day I sniffed only YD trail on my coat. And YD drydown won again.
Btw, I do not like Bright C nor CNoir, but this one I love. I'm happy to own my 50ml bottle.

SheShe
SheShe

My sample's arrived today. Actually there is fruity-floral woody category on a leaflet.

I must say I like it!
My first impression was: Moschino, Hippy Fizz. But I was wrong, the fragrance isn't a copy.

The top notes are great: sparkling, lively, yellow, I simply had to smile :) They're like during a beautiful spring day - Yellow Diamond will be great in spring, I guess the notes will bloom even more :) Heart notes become more green than yellow in my opinion and this time the fragrance reminds me a bit of Dsquared2, it calms down and becomes sunny and green, there's often like that in May and June in my country. So pretty! It calms down in heart notes, still is vivid, but less "sillage". Sweet, but not cloying. Makes an impression.

I'll update news about the drydown and lasting power when it comes, it hasn't come yet, but my overall impression is that Yellow Diamond will wear better for me than Crystal Noir (too dark) and Bright Crystal (nice but too kitschy)- it seems better than f. ex. Golden Light Wood (Dsquared2) and I guess they go in a similar direction.

When it comes to ads - I agree, they went wrong way. Bright Crystal and Crystal Noir were the opposites but they went in pair. Yellow Diamond is a tiny bit similar to the line but overall different, it should have at least a different bottle - not to say a different name, but I guess they wanted to be successful in selling and both Crystals had been selling great so they thought about packing the scent and naming it in a way like the previous two.

Edit: drydown is very close to skin but pleasant.
After few hours of wearing Diamond it was a bit similar to Bvlgari, Omnia Green Jade - but stronger. I still claim that Yellow Diamond isn't yellow - it's green, being yellow only in head and in beginning of heart notes showing up. Notes I notice the most are pear, lemon, mimosa, fresia, water lily (I guess they replaced lotus note from Bright Crystal giving water lily instead: the result is better, less plastic). The whole impression is of an oriental fruity floral.

I'm definitely a fan of Yellow Diamond, a fragrance put in a wrong bottle and named wrong, a victim of a wrong advertisement - but what's inside a bottle is really really good - my first Versace I love :) The scent is all about a long time desired spring that has finally come, all in bloom, the gorgeous spring smell everywhere. Actually they should have named it "Spring Essence" or "Spring Diamond" ;) and go for creating 4 seasons fragrances like Van Cleef & Arpels. The first one already exists. Too bad under a wrong name ;)

The fragrance is rich and Byzantium - like, spring blooms so much that perhaps it's a bit TOO much, no wonder the model eyes are too open wide ;)Still interesting frag ;)

Edit: it was a short love because I find this too intoxicating. The fragrance is so beautiful and hyper that it didn't feel 'normal' but high and exhausted. This could be also called "Euphoria" ;) - but "Euphoria" already exists ;)

BlueMoonRose

She does look a little too blissful, lol. ;) But I love the color yellow and flowers, so happy and positive ...

BlueMoonRose

I have not tried this one yet, but just from the description and the packaging (and the beautiful blond model whose hair color I would love to have!) it looks like a wonderful warm weather, happy fragrance ...

Mimmi
Mimmi

Wow, Versace melted the classic Swedish icecream "Piggelin" and bottled it. A favorite with the youngest kids. The neon-coloured cold ice is so sweet Your teeth hurt. (this is why the pictured Versace-model is in such pain and gasping for air). Pear and lemon with a candy-like artificial taste. Oh, never mind this old lady (now reaching for her dusty napkin). ; )

linh layla
linh layla

I tried this yesterday at first I liked it on paper cause it was fruity flowery, very very light and cheerful. But when I tried it on me, it turned in to some kind of non-perfume smell after 10 or 15 minutes. I mean I still noticed that there was some smeel on my twist but it's either too light for me to recognize any note or it rather smells like some kind of body cream. I'm sorry to say but it doesn't work for me at all.

Minnija
Minnija

dissapointed :( looks like Versace's house just want to earn money, they really haven't work on this one..very very dissapointed.

antonpan
antonpan

The description doesn't lie: this one is a citrusy fruity floral. Yellow Diamond is not similar to Bright Crystal, though they are done in the same direction. The new scent is not sweet, but juicy, and I like the way of its freshness. Pear note is not prominent here - what I feel is citruses and watery flowers. Yellow Diamond is an excellent gift fragrance. However it's extremely close to Marc Jacobs Daisy, so nothing new.

allexa27
allexa27

this smells exactly like Addict 2 by Dior

Denoula
Denoula

Yellow Diamond in Amsterdam Duty Free. I adore this on first testing! Very bright opening with a glorious haze of mimosa, which lasts well. It doesn't seem to change or develop much, although it does become deeper. I will test again as it merits further acquaintance.

zabica

Very similar to Bright crystal in the dry-down. At first, it smells too floral for my taste, almost like a deodorant. There's that metalic, sour, floral tone to it, which makes it cheap smelling, for my liking. Lasts for about 3hrs on my skin, with a pretty weak aura. Don't like it ..

vertigo
vertigo

Lame!
Bad name, bottle, ad ... bad, the whole concept.

The start is nice although generic - bright, sunny citruses. The middle and the end are generic and unpleasant. Intensive lotus and orange flower - quite dense, bitter and artificial.
To me Yellow Diamond smells like Adidas body sprays.

Unoriginal and predictable - thumbs down.

beatrix75
beatrix75

o today in the hungaryan aeroport i try this one end i most sey that i love the smell its absolut flover but the pear qand citron vorkyng georgeos together plus the african orange end mimosa bravoo !!!

kayakoi
kayakoi

Really nice perfume, light is the key word here, floral-fruity, I can smell mostly citruses and pear. The word that comes to mind when trying to describe Yellow Diamond is unoffensive. Subtle, gentle, yet delicate and sooo yummy. It's number 1 on my list right now. Great for everyday wear, if you want to smell nice and fresh. However, if you want to turn heads, this probably won't do the trick. Day-wear, definitely. Won't give you headache,that's for sure. Lasting power not so good, but I love the dry-down. Nothing unusual about this scent, probably many others like it, but I still find it utterly delicious!

zuzla
zuzla

shop assistant told me, that it´s light and fruity floral. bud on me (and my body chemistry) it´s like flower oriental frag with pear and lemon. sorry, but it´s not my cup of coffee, don´t like this mix of oriental and fruity-floral scent.

magda14012
magda14012

I found it yesterday in Duty Free in Copenhagen, for those who intend to test/buy.
It is more of a fruity floral to me. I can smell the pear and citrus notes quite clear from the very beginning. It is a pleasant feminine scent. Seems to me it is intended for the younger audience. I guess it is nice for a warmer weather, so will not be purchasing in the near future. The bottle is very nice indeed.

Yellow Diamond by Versace 3.64 out of 5 based on 1095 ratings and 195 user reviews

VERSACE YELLOW DIAMOND for WOMEN by Gianni Versace EDT .17 OZ MINI
Versace Yellow Diamond 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
VERSACE YELLOW DIAMOND for WOMEN by Gianni Versace EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
VERSACE YELLOW DIAMOND for WOMEN by Gianni Versace EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
Eau De Toilette 3oz
VERSACE YELLOW DIAMOND for WOMEN by Gianni Versace SET-EDT SPRAY 3 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ
Versace Yellow Diamond Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Versace 'Yellow Diamond' Eau de Toilette Set 119 Value
Versace 'Yellow Diamond' Eau de Toilette Set 119 Value
Versace Yellow Diamond 3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Versace Yellow Diamond 3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Versace Yellow Diamond fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Versace Yellow Diamond, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Yellow Diamond by Versace. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Yellow Diamond by Versace represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.