Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

21 Bonaparte Vicky Tiel for women

21 Bonaparte Vicky Tiel for women
dislike

tuberose

21 Bonaparte is an ultra feminine and sensual oriental - floral fragrance. Top notes: cassis crème, mandarin and star anise. Heart: Sambac jasmine, gardenia and tuberose. Base: patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood.

The fragrance is available as 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

21 Bonaparte was launched in 2013.

Black Currant Mandarin Orange Star Anise

Jasmine Sambac Gardenia Tuberose

Patchouli Vanilla Sandalwood

Forever Red Vanilla Rum

21 Bonaparte Fragrance Reviews

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got it purely by accident. I was at Perfumania store, buying something else but they had a special if you buy something over certain amount, you were supposed to get certain fragrances on special for 10 dollars(or something like that). This perfume was one that was being added for $10. I smelled it, thought it was not bad so I added it to my purchase.

I know Vickie Tiel fragrances but I never heard of this one. Never in my life would have I thought it had tuberose in it?? My nose is usually finely tuned to tuberose but I can't even smell a hint of it. This is very heavy on patchouli so if you don't like patchouli , stay away. On me it stays the same from start to finish-patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood. The end. No florals, nothing.

I kind of like it, just because its different. If I had to compare it to something it would be maybe original Rhianna perfume, I forgot the name.

But I don't think it smelled like that BBW limited edition Vanilla Rum-there was not heavy patchouli present in there so I don't see simularities

Floffles
Floffles

Reminds me of a grown woman version of a grape body spray that I used to buy in my early 20s (out of the KIDS section!!!) I love it.
I have several customers that think that this smells very masculine. And one customer that is a man that buys it for himself. I suppose to them it smells like Paco Black XS and Armani Code had a baby, and in that regard I can see the appeal..

VieuxCarre
VieuxCarre

This reminds my of Elizabeth Taylor's white diamonds lustre. Its got that same sensual grape smell but not as sweet as lustre. This isnt overpowering but not tooo light, just the right flow in the air when you move your body with intrigued delight. I'd recommend this because an adult can wear this everyday!

Alovethatwasmorethanlove
Alovethatwasmorethanlove

I fell in love with this fragrance when i first smelled the test strip at my favorite perfume store. It smells like a creamy delicious blueberry pie! It's long lasting and strong but not overbearing.

amoregal
amoregal

I bought this for my sister. Of course, I had to test it out on myself. I have to say that it's very creamy smelling, not harsh at all, almost calming. The flowers and wood scents are perfectly blended, with just a touch of sweetness. I find it very feminine smelling on me, although I can see how a man might like it for himself. And I love each of the bottom notes and tend to steer towards them when selecting a perfume. So far so good. I may decide to keep this one for myself.

avonman
avonman

Well I was Trying SO Hard to like this one but I'm Just Not getting ANY kind of projection Or An IODA of Lasting power...I'm Struggling to see how this is an EDP when I barley get the concentration of a Eau de Cologne...more like a Body mist on me...which is a shame because I DO Like the initial 10 mins that it lasts on me... But Then POOF it's gone as quickly as that!

joliecat
joliecat

21 Bonaparte is a classy beauty. Smooth, rich, creamy skin scent that lasts until you wash it off. It has good projection, wafting around you like a gentle cloud. No matter how much you spray, you can't overdo this fragrance. It remains non offensive, controlled and civilized.

The flowers are very minimal, wrapped in soft deep vanilla. It's hard to detect individual flowers, since they are melded together in what appear to be equal minimal amounts. The vanilla is sweet, but not sugar sweet. Sandalwood is strong, very mellow, rich and deep. The anise is so well blended that it's virtually undetectable.

This scent opens with a taste of mandarin and black currant, but that quickly fades. 12 Bonaparte morphs into a super long lasting very upscale blend, NOT "perfumey", flowery, or soapy at all. It's more like a natural clean skin scent. I do not find it even remotely "powdery". It's creamy, NOT powdery at all.

This fragrance works very well in all seasons, all temperatures. Hot humid weather slightly enhances the subtle flowers blend. No matter where or how you wear this, 21 Bonaparte remains a restrained, high class, sophisticated, clean, expensive smelling skin scent that's noticeable but not offensive in any way.

This is such a clean smooth non-flowery skin scent that it could easily be unisex. It's also good for layering with other perfumes to help give them long lasting power. 21 Bonaparte is unique, perfect for all occasions, from very formal to casual, and definitely a keeper !

Sobe
Sobe

This is stunning!! It's warm, woodsy, sweet vanilla & a hint of floral & spice. It's very well blended. Love it!!

Doesn't remind me of anything else I own

heathertaff
heathertaff

All I get out of this perfume is sickening sweet vanilla. Whatever warmth or floral notes that may be there have the life choked out of them by the vanilla. Gorgeous bottle, though. If anyone would be interested in a swap, I have a full, unboxed bottle.

2 stars

Elreno22
Elreno22

I bought this today based on reviews and a desire to move away from so many fruits and flowers scents. It is sophisticated and warm. I'm new to it, sure, but I believe in love at first sight (smell) . It is warm and lovely and not as strong as I feared. Love is in the air.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

21 Bonaparte really is a lovely fragrance. I decided to do a blind buy based on the notes and the reviews. It arrived today and it is very appealing to my nose and I think it's right on regarding the notes mentioned above. I just tested it so I will report later on the lasting power. I was really really hoping for something different out of my collection and I thought this one would be a stand out but it dawned on me that it bares a strong resemblance to Bath and Body works Forever Red Vanilla Rum. It's not exact but pretty darn close in my book. Vanilla rum is a tad more synthetic and has a cheaper tone to it (while I do think Vanilla Rum is a beautiful creation). 21 Bonaparte is lighter and softer then the above mentioned like a weaker version. I still think it's beautiful just not as unique as I had hoped for. Not quite sure if I will keep or pass it on only because I have something like it.

scented glass collector
scented glass collector

I like this scent, it's like nothing I have ever smelled before. So many of the perfumes now a days smell similar, but this one elegantly stands on it's own. I found out about it through free a sample at aperfume store. I loved the complex smooth notes. I was sure it would be an $80-$100 perfume and it was half that price. But it does not smell cheap. It's soft, creamy, smooth and deep. It's not overly sweet or spicey, just classy and beautifully blended. It's easy on the nose and draws you in for another smell; subduing you with it's Luxurious scent.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I can test a lot of perfume and not come up with even one out of fifteen samples that I like. And then I stumbled across an article about Vicky Tiel and was intrigued by this scent in particular. Let me add first that I normally do not like tuberose. At all. Typically if a perfume has tuberose in it, I run. But I do love white florals in general if Madame T isn't present. Well I am smitten with 21 Bonaparte! This is beautiful. Elegant. Classy. Sexy. It is soft and creamy. No sharp edges and perfectly blended. Also,the sandalwood is perfect in this for me as it can sometimes be dicey on my skin. I highly recommend this scent. 21 Bonaparte smells very expensive and yet the price point is amazing. Do yourself a favor and try it!

LANIER
LANIER

21 Bonaparte, the new perfume by famed Paris based American couturier Vicky Tiel is classified as Oriental Floral. It is more than that, it is sensual, elegant, refined, a woman’s perfume. Launched in 2013 its creation stretches back many years to a glittering night in the South of France. The night Elizabeth Taylor won her second Oscar for “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” The star did not attend the awards in Los Angeles, she was in the south of France and Vicky was with her. When her husband Richard Burton lost the best actor award Elizabeth was very upset and stormed out of the villa heading down the stone steps that plunged into the Mediterranean Sea. Vicky was worried for her friend and followed her to see if she was alright. As she followed she noticed the night was filled with the scent of Jasmine, Gardenias and Tuberose. She stopped and looked about to find that she was surrounded on either side of the marble staircase by the very flowers she filled her senses. She made a mental note on the spot that some day she would make a perfume from that impression. She then continued down to the sea to find Elizabeth. It took some time, 47 years to finally realize the perfume in memory of that night.

The name 21 Bonaparte is for the address of the dress boutique in Paris she owned with Taylor. The bottle is a regal beauty worthy of Taylor’s inspiration, the color, purple which Elizabeth loved.

The perfume opens a tad sweet and spicy with black current, Mandarin Orange and star Anise. And at first it seemed to me to be a little too sweet. But in moments that sailed away leaving the perfume to become in every way that garden on the French Rivera in 1966.

The middle notes are glorious, Jasmine, Gardenia and tuberose. Now it should be noted that true gardenia scent is impossible to extract from the flower and must be created with the expert blending of other white florals. Often times the attempt by perfumers fails to delver a believable facsimile of the scent, but in 21 Bonaparte we have a photo-realistic Gardenia blooming and lush. Here in the middle of the life of the perfume these flowers are joined buy a very subtle smoky vanilla, It seems to waft into the white midnight garden like an exotic incense.

The dry down consists of Patchouli, Vanilla and smooth, woody and rich, sandalwood. The Patchouli brings a certain masculine vibe along with the sandalwood making 21 Bonaparte accessible to men. But only those who appreciate the indolic joys of white flowers on skin.

The perfume lasts a very long time, around ten to twelve hours with a heavy sillage in the fist quarter of its lifespan. 21 Bonaparte is exclusive to and only sold on HSN. I have tried other perfumes by Vicky Tiel and found Sirene to be very nice, Ulysse for Men stunning, but 21 Bonaparte to me is her grand opus, a fine tribute to her friendship with Elizabeth Taylor and quite simply her best perfume to date.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

(FOR THE STORY THAT GOES WITH THIS REVIEW CHECK OUT MY BLOG SCENTS MEMORY)

[email protected]
Hubar29@gmail.com

I just received this EDP today and my first impression was that it is similar to Mont Blanc Presence D'Une Femme. But although I'm a Perfume addict (I have way more than I'll ever use up Lol) my nose is not educated to knowing the notes. This is my first review and hope it is not too amateurish. I think it is a scent that can be used at anytime but if you are close to a spouse, or mate, etc. it can be sexy :-). At least my husband thinks so! I'm usually partial to florals & Oriental Florals, so keep that in mind while reading my review! Even though the above description describes it as oriental - floral fragrance, on me more of the woody notes come through, but in a very pleasant way. Lasting time has been 8 hours for me so far, and I'm still getting a faint lingering scent!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vicky Tiel 21 Bonaparte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vicky Tiel 21 Bonaparte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 21 Bonaparte by Vicky Tiel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 21 Bonaparte by Vicky Tiel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.