Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

21 Bonaparte Vicky Tiel for women
dislike

I have it: 7 I want it: 11

tuberose

21 Bonaparte is an ultra feminine and sensual oriental - floral fragrance. Top notes: cassis crème, mandarin and star anise. Heart: Sambac jasmine, gardenia and tuberose. Base: patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood.

The fragrance is available as 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

21 Bonaparte was launched in 2013.

Black Currant Mandarin Orange Star Anise

Jasmine Sambac Gardenia Tuberose

Patchouli Vanilla Sandalwood

21 Bonaparte Fragrance Reviews

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I can test a lot of perfume and not come up with even one out of fifteen samples that I like. And then I stumbled across an article about Vicky Tiel and was intrigued by this scent in particular. Let me add first that I normally do not like tuberose. At all. Typically if a perfume has tuberose in it, I run. But I do love white florals in general if Madame T isn't present. Well I am smitten with 21 Bonaparte! This is beautiful. Elegant. Classy. Sexy. It is soft and creamy. No sharp edges and perfectly blended. Also,the sandalwood is perfect in this for me as it can sometimes be dicey on my skin. I highly recommend this scent. 21 Bonaparte smells very expensive and yet the price point is amazing. Do yourself a favor and try it!

LANIER
LANIER

21 Bonaparte, the new perfume by famed Paris based American couturier Vicky Tiel is classified as Oriental Floral. It is more than that, it is sensual, elegant, refined, a woman’s perfume. Launched in 2013 its creation stretches back many years to a glittering night in the South of France. The night Elizabeth Taylor won her second Oscar for “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” The star did not attend the awards in Los Angeles, she was in the south of France and Vicky was with her. When her husband Richard Burton lost the best actor award Elizabeth was very upset and stormed out of the villa heading down the stone steps that plunged into the Mediterranean Sea. Vicky was worried for her friend and followed her to see if she was alright. As she followed she noticed the night was filled with the scent of Jasmine, Gardenias and Tuberose. She stopped and looked about to find that she was surrounded on either side of the marble staircase by the very flowers she filled her senses. She made a mental note on the spot that some day she would make a perfume from that impression. She then continued down to the sea to find Elizabeth. It took some time, 47 years to finally realize the perfume in memory of that night.

The name 21 Bonaparte is for the address of the dress boutique in Paris she owned with Taylor. The bottle is a regal beauty worthy of Taylor’s inspiration, the color, purple which Elizabeth loved.

The perfume opens a tad sweet and spicy with black current, Mandarin Orange and star Anise. And at first it seemed to me to be a little too sweet. But in moments that sailed away leaving the perfume to become in every way that garden on the French Rivera in 1966.

The middle notes are glorious, Jasmine, Gardenia and tuberose. Now it should be noted that true gardenia scent is impossible to extract from the flower and must be created with the expert blending of other white florals. Often times the attempt by perfumers fails to delver a believable facsimile of the scent, but in 21 Bonaparte we have a photo-realistic Gardenia blooming and lush. Here in the middle of the life of the perfume these flowers are joined buy a very subtle smoky vanilla, It seems to waft into the white midnight garden like an exotic incense.

The dry down consists of Patchouli, Vanilla and smooth, woody and rich, sandalwood. The Patchouli brings a certain masculine vibe along with the sandalwood making 21 Bonaparte accessible to men. But only those who appreciate the indolic joys of white flowers on skin.

The perfume lasts a very long time, around ten to twelve hours with a heavy sillage in the fist quarter of its lifespan. 21 Bonaparte is exclusive to and only sold on HSN. I have tried other perfumes by Vicky Tiel and found Sirene to be very nice, Ulysse for Men stunning, but 21 Bonaparte to me is her grand opus, a fine tribute to her friendship with Elizabeth Taylor and quite simply her best perfume to date.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

(FOR THE STORY THAT GOES WITH THIS REVIEW CHECK OUT MY BLOG SCENTS MEMORY)

Hubar29@gmail.com
Hubar29@gmail.com

I just received this EDP today and my first impression was that it is similar to Mont Blanc Presence D'Une Femme. But although I'm a Perfume addict (I have way more than I'll ever use up Lol) my nose is not educated to knowing the notes. This is my first review and hope it is not too amateurish. I think it is a scent that can be used at anytime but if you are close to a spouse, or mate, etc. it can be sexy :-). At least my husband thinks so! I'm usually partial to florals & Oriental Florals, so keep that in mind while reading my review! Even though the above description describes it as oriental - floral fragrance, on me more of the woody notes come through, but in a very pleasant way. Lasting time has been 8 hours for me so far, and I'm still getting a faint lingering scent!

yvashche
yvashche

Who the heck is Vicky Tiel? She claims she was a friend of Chanel and is the longest-working couture designer in the EU and US. Her perfume is supposed to be sexy, like she is trying to be at her age. Has anyone tried this?

21 Bonaparte by Vicky Tiel 4.60 out of 5 based on 9 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vicky Tiel 21 Bonaparte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vicky Tiel 21 Bonaparte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 21 Bonaparte by Vicky Tiel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 21 Bonaparte by Vicky Tiel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.