Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Destine Vicky Tiel for women

Destine Vicky Tiel for women
dislike

Destine by Vicky Tiel was launched in 2007, with notes of mandarin, pink pepper, bergamot, delicious fruits, water lily, jasmine, lily of the valley, musk, vanilla and sandalwood. Available as 100 ml EDP.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Fruity Notes Water Lily Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Sandalwood Musk Vanille

Malibu Night

Destine Fragrance Reviews

artsymom

Update: I had my husband wear this and it smells great on him- not feminine at all. It's a hard one for me to describe for some reason. It doesn't smell flowery, probably leans more towards spicy, citrus and herbal.

It kept making me think of what a spicier version of Eternity by Calvin Klein (for women) might smell like.
Then I read they share the same notes of mandarin, lily of the valley and sandalwood.

While I had a difficult time picking out the notes in this, I personally wouldn't describe the scent as "sludge." I like it. Very strong with good staying power - only takes a drop.

artsymom

The pink pepper and bergamot are quite nice. Smells like quality; could be unisex to my nose- I'm going to get my husband to try it and will update...

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is very nice, it sort of reminds me of Malibu Nights by Pamela Anderson. It also sort of reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle. Nice but has been done before.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

initial bright citrusy opening that mellows out to a gentle white floral musk
imho this is a deadringer for coco mademoiselle!

I discovered Vicky Tiel quite by accident, looking at "Designers" on a discount website for perfumes, before becoming a Fragrantican. I was intruiged by her classic Greco-Roman style bottles and after sniffing Ulysse, and LOVING IT, I thought I must try some of the women's...

In due time, I was gifted with four decants in a sample swap and I can honestly say she really does a great job on the womens as well!

*Thanks weegee!* :)

Destine (Destiny) is captured here in a very carefree manner with a very citrusy opening, alongside a bit of spice and some fruitness. The citruses are really bright and refreshing and pepper gives them some body and depth. Not too sweet and not too sharp...very nice! I disagree with the reviewer beneath me. The florals in the heart are there, albeit at first, very lightly. Sheer muguet, light jasmine and watery lotus are clean and fresh. Many modern perfumes have synthetic components and here they are not that bad. Sandalwood and vanilla are restrained here and though you would expect this (along with obviously synthetic musk) to be vaguely oriental, here the flowers and the citruses are predominant throughout. Repeated wearings by myself and my mom have never been unpleasant or "chemically". This is actually (to me) a very nice, light and uncomplicated scent. Destiny is often fickle and goes its own way, reagrdless of what others want or think. Destine captures that idea quite well...

Sillage: fair
Longevity: average
Overall: 3/5

Vicky Tiel may be a high end clothing designer from Paris, but her perfumes are very nice and not all that expensive. A hefty pricetag does not always guarantee a quality perfume, and vice versa. This is not my favorite Vicky Tiel perfume, but it is what it is: nice, clean, unassuming and comfortable. If CLEAN is too soapy and FRESH too sweet and bright, Destine can be the happy medium. This is the olfactive equal of comfy sweats and a baggy tee shirt after a nice bath...just right!!

A "good" perfume is a very subjective term. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion this IS a good perfume; not great (or classic) but definitely not "bad" either...to each their own! One person's junk is another man's treasure, and all that!

kimberly
kimberly

first spray it is very nice sort of citrusy, fresh. I also bought the sensual. But what shocks me, I say "shock" because I would not expect this from a "higher end" fragrance, made in Paris, and being a EDP, rather than a splash or EDT, is that it morphs so quickly into a lost chemical smell. The top notes that are so enticing dissapear and you don't even get the middle or bottom notes. The dry down is so quick and it turns into detestable nothingness. I think this is my worst review of any perfume yet. I would expect this from a less expensive or cheap perfume. I just don't get it. The dry down should at least be some detectable base note. This is the same experience I had with Sensuel. I tried this parfum on a number of people, during the week, with the same results. Good perfume, should have notes that have character, that stand out, or at least blend nicely. Not turn so quickly into a sludge of a seemingly chemical component.

Destine by Vicky Tiel 3.90 out of 5 based on 11 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vicky Tiel Destine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vicky Tiel Destine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Destine by Vicky Tiel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Destine by Vicky Tiel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.