Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Sirene Vicky Tiel for women

Sirene Vicky Tiel for women
dislike

Sirene was introduced in the year 1994 by the design house of Vicky Tiel. It is a sharp, floral fragrance ideal for romantic moments.

Sirene is blended out of orange, geranium, peach, rose, violet, jasmine, jasmine, peony, ylang-ylang, musk, woods and vanilla.

It is available as 50 ml EDP, 100 ml perfume spray and as a 200 gr elegant body cream.

Orange Peach Geranium tincture of rose Violet Jasmine Peony Ylang-Ylang Musk Vanille Woodsy Notes

Golden Dynastie
Mistika (Mystic)
Tiffany
Desert Rose

Sirene Fragrance Reviews

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

Oh my goodness, it smells really magnificent!! I adore rose essences and this is what i was looking for many years! It smells innocent, pure , relaxing and sexy at the same time!
Amazinggg... I really thank the Creator of this Gift.

MarnaL
MarnaL

Amazing perfume with complexity on my skin. It's a sillage monster and has good longevity. This smells like roses mixed with a bit of vanilla and baby powder. I smell a hint of spice. Very comforting, affordable, and attracts many compliments from men.

Sillage: 10/10

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is such a great smelling perfume for an affordable price. All I can say is that it's floral and a little fruity. Opens with a peachy scent followed by peony, roses and violets. There is also a lot more vanilla than I had expected. I thought there'd be more woods but the whole thing is a sweet vanilla with flowers scent. I love that in fragrances. This is good stuff for under 20 bucks. I got plenty of compliments when I wore it the other day.

Suzybee
Suzybee

After reading all the positive reviews, I purchased a bottle from perfumania and received it today. This is an intense, in your face juice, a bit overwhelming. I get a lot of Geranium and Wood. I dunno what to make of this one. If I wear it, I may just spray the back of one leg. The good news is that it was really inexpensive $12.99 on clearance.

The bottle is gorgeous, very Lalique-esq for sure! If my dear late grandma Aurora was still here, she would have loved everything about this perfume. She lived in Michigan where it snows and this would be great for colder weather.

I also get the Dove soap reference, too!

Update 4/7/2016 - I've been wearing this during cooler days and nights and I gotta say, it's fantastic. The Ylang-ylang, Rose, Violet, and Peach come through nicely with a sweet floral powdery dry down. Love it!!

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

We are coming close to the end of the rose reviews that I have written for the upcoming Valentines day. Vicky Tiel Sirene is a Heritage rose bouquet. There is something about the beauty of old English damask roses that is elegant and fragrant and yet the do not stand out as having perfect form and bud. They kind of spread out and work best to compliment other flowers in a bouquet.

Sirene is a wondrous scent. Its complex and the complimentary notes assist the rose while not quite outshining the star. I believe that it was nosed by the amazing Jeffrey Dame. And that it is a sibling scent of Ulysse. Ulysse might still be my favorite fragrance of all time and I have worn it hundreds if not thousands of times and it still seems new. Sirene has a good deal of notes as well and each seems natural, blended well, and yet each noticeable and distinct. There is a quality in the base and a call to sailors of attractive presence who would struggle in vain to resist its notice.

Vicky Tiel makes amazing fragrances and if I were to tell one all the things that I like about this one, the review would be long enough to draw complaints and reject notice.

Performance like with Ulysse is fabulous. It has fantastic longevity and good sillage. All you could ask for in a fragrance.

Value is superb. This is a designer scent with a reference point of $20 an ounce and yet it is easily purchasable for under $20 and you can find it for $5 an ounce.

My usage of this one is heavy. As with Ulysse, I find it perfect for Spring, Summer and Early fall and its strong enough to not shy fail in winter as well. It gets maximum extra credit for being repeat bottle worthy. I own not one or two but rather well over several backup bottles. And I do not plan on using them as gifts or swaps. I bought a wealth of backup bottles even long before I knew that Jeffrey Dame was the nose behind it. I did not want to risk reformulations or watching it discontinued and I bought what should be a near lifetime supply and even then I worry about running low. I easily open and use a full bottle of Vicky Tiel per year. They are frequent wears and this one rates with any of the house though it is a bit more feminine.

This is an easy grade at 92. It has stared down very good and entered the realm of excellent. Sirene grades out as being in the same subset of quality as that of any rose fragrance ever made. It is so good that I honestly could care less if I ever own a Tom Ford Rose, Lyric Man, or Portrait of a Lady or any other rose that costs $100 an ounce or more. I honestly could see why men would drive their ships into rocks to get a the Sirens wearing this scent. Graded out at 92 there is room for improvement but I do not think anybody that wears this scent at anytime or to any function would ever have to take a backseat to someone wearing a better fragrance. This one isnt perfect but its excellent and entirely deserving of an A- grade.

If one were to make bouquets with Damask flowers there is so much that you could do with them. And that is how I feel about Sirene. It is fresh and inviting and floral but it also has a zesty citrus feel with complexity musk and woods. It smells different on different days, temperatures, occasions, weather, mood and occasion. It gives you florals, and a bright rich rose. But it gives you some white, and some sweet vanilla cream pie. The geranium shines. And you get to the drydown base the musk and woods give it almost a foresty wet fresh cut feel.

The bottle is nice and Vicky Tiel is said to have designed it herself. Even if someone hated this the bottle would be worth the price of admission. You can buy 10 bottles of this for the price of a high end niche scent which you might like less. It performs. It has some sillage. It smells natural and worth 20 times its cost and is sold at virtual giveaway prices.

There is absolutely nothing that I can think of to fault this fragrance. There is room for improvement but any gripes are honestly slight. Ive docked it a little bit for not letting the rose be the absolute star but even then it is a slight problem. When something is this well blended it is ok if you do not have a loud obnoxious rose that demands notice. And you could almost forgive a fragrance that calls itself Sirene for having some screech. But it doesnt. Its pleasant, natural, beautiful, sweet, fresh, perky, affordable, long lasting, with a lovely bottle, and a complex smell that you will probably want to smell again tomorrow. Its a shame that so many will miss out on this one to chase prestige and fragrances of vain glory and price.

Damask roses do not have perfect form but they are unmatched in scent. And with the right floral arranger they make some of the most beautiful bouquets you can find. Sure hybrid teas are known for their form and floribundas bloom more often but the Damask Rose is natural, and vitally fragrant. Damask roses were the flowers of legend written about across the ages.

Vicky Tiel Sirene is almost an old masters still life painting in a world of portraits tipted by cubism and angles. This is a fragrance of women calling ships to the rocks and yet despite the name of the shreek there is something of the visage here, song and smell, that invites the reach of the hand and turn of the wheel that mourns of the come hither.

chellibean
chellibean

This perfume is a beast. If I had known, I would have opted for the miniature. I like it, just don't think I'll ever use up the large bottle.

DMS162002
DMS162002

The opening notes are bright and intense rose and jasmine which settle slowly to musks and fresh spice. What I love about this bargain of a perfume is after a few hours the woods radiate out. On my skin I actually get a very subtle hint of smoke. This is a powerhouse of a perfume in terms of sillage and longevity so spray carefully. Wasn't sure what to think after reading all the reviews, but after buying I am impressed. Believe the hype.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

There was an open bottle at my local Burlington Coat Factory, so I figured I'd give this a try before buying, although the $15 pricetag certainly wouldn't have broken the bank.

First, the bottle was quite interesting; it looked like a Grecian urn made of frosted glass, rounded out with 6 sides and with bas relief women on each side. The lid was shaped like a fan, and believe it may also have been glass. The juice inside was a bold, rosy pink. It had a very boudoir look to it, very feminine but not frilly.

Based on the comments about this being a strong fragrance, I sprayed one squirt and basically let it graze the top of my wrist. 4 hours later, it's still quite strong; impressive sillage as well.

For some reason, this reminded me of Bijan, which is a powdery honeyed floral sandalwood fragrance. They share rose and ylang ylang, but that's it; so maybe my nose is imagining things. Sirene also made me think that if Tea Rose and Lutece had a baby, it would be this--powdery rose. The powder is more apparent as a general sense, an aura; putting my nose up to my wrist gets me the strong, true rose notes.

This is a very strong rose, and quite realistic; but not a sweet baby rose. This is a spicy, rich, opulant rose. More than just rose blossom, there is a green sense of broken stems and leaves, too. There are other powdery roses out there--think Marshmallow Mor or Avon's Soft Musk, but these 2 are baby roses, soft fluffy candied roses. Sirene is more sensual; this is a grown woman's rose.

This perfume is growing on me. I'm trying to be selective with what I buy, but I like a good rose perfume and I find this one to be strong, complex and realistic. I might be heading back to the store for this one!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

First impressions - a cross between Cabotine Gres, Chloe Narcisse, and Dove soap. It is about the same sillage wise as Cabotine Gres which, in case you're not familiar with that perfume, is a heavy sillage. Thankfully it's not too rosey or too floral.

As the perfume settles down it becomes very soapy like the Dove soap I mentioned with hints of Cabotine Gres and Chloe Narcisse.

I imagine a lovely lady wearing this who is very clean and feminine. Very ladylike.

yare
yare

I had like 3 or 4 bottles of this delightful perfume how nice it smells on my skin with my ph and definitely one of my favorites so far, I have always received compliments for its essence.I'm addicted to perfumes and like to try new fragrances! I recomended it.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

Sirene is quite strong and long lasting compared to most modern frags. I like the rose note but overall it just reminds me so much of Dove soap. The bottle is, well, interesting. Sort of a spoof of a classic 1920's Lalique bottle. Overall a Like for me.

heathertaff
heathertaff

Blind buy about a dozen years ago. Instant love. It's been my signature secret scent ever since. No other fragrance garners as many compliments as this does. It's strong. Heady. Intoxicating. Sexy. A warm floral. Sillage is very strong

Wheaters
Wheaters

I totally get the love for this. Yowza. That is all :)

Edit 29.01.16: I have test-driven this again and have really gone off it, which is such a pity. It now smells like deodorant to me, and I really didn't enjoy wearing it today. It's just too heavy and mask-like: by that I mean it is as if it has been applied heavily to hide the smell of something else, but I didn't apply it heavily precisely because I know it is a powerhouse.
The powderiness is suffocatingly close.
Either my sense of smell is extremely seasonal, or my tastes have changed drastically since last summer. Some of the old favourites remain but perfumes that once were 'loves' have been demoted to mere 'like's and even 'dislike's :(

arrode
arrode

Beautiful, strong floral. Up close it's almost too much to bear, but from further away it's a sweet, powdery floral. I love it.

LaviniaMidnight
LaviniaMidnight

I bought this as a blind buy for 13.99. I love roses and the reviews are so good I took a shot. At first I admit to being disappointed, it smelled like a powdery dated frag. I loved the bottle so I figured I'd keep it for the pretty factor. Last night I decided to give another try, so I spritzed on my wrists and rubbed together...and WOW the lovely roses came through the powder. I'm so glad I tried this one again, the drydown is sweet but not too cloying, a gentle rose. Like previous reviewers have said, use a prudent hand as this lovely pink juice is very long lasting with a strong sillage in my experience. It has been 12 hours since I spritzed my wrists and I can still smell it now. In spite of the budget price, this juice could easily hold up against the more expensive.

Elreno22
Elreno22

I received mine today, so this is first impressions: Flowery and second note of powder. Rose dominates. I like it, but be ready for flowers. With rose, jasmine, and peonies...they will overpower any fruit tones. I don't hear fruit at all. I think it is a very feminine fragrance. All pink. No green, no patchouli...all flowers. I will wear it and enjoy it. We have had an awful winter in Boston. Think Spring.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

This is a very special rose, sweet and soft, it starts out wet, becomes powdery and romantic and goes back to a rose soaked by rain on a spring day.

It's a very feminine, and delicate fragrance. I adore being wrapped up in its gentle sweetness.

chrisndema
chrisndema

They don't make perfume like this anymore. Who is the nose behind this beauty. There is a strange mystery to this fragrance in that it is inviting .....draws you in. To me i detect the rose coz maybe its my favorite. Then the geranium followed by the peach. So feminine and lasts forever. Believe me when i say you only need 1 spray.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

The following review is actually for a fragrance which made the Fragrantica data base After I wrote it, Sirene ORIGINALE. This lovely fragrance is substantially different than the one called simply Sirene, but sadly also far harder to find. So the following review is for ORIGINALE:

I can understand the diversity of opinions on this little vixen. She defies definition and is distinctly not what the notes seem to represent. My first impression was somewhere between a smile and a gag, and that remained my attitude until the following unexpected occurrences:

1. Our weather changed to cool breezes and rain! I wouldn't advise trying Sirene in the heat of summer, as I first did. She shines in cooler climes.

2. My bottle had a chance to air out. That first pungent application smelled fusty/dusty and almost geriatric. I wondered if the top notes had gone off, but later the bitterness subsided and this initially offending note lingered merely as proper grounding to the powdery florals. Good balance.

3. The complements started rolling in. I have seldom received so many adoring comments on any one fragrance! She has a faintly animalic vibe - perhaps from jasmine? - that calls to mind the aura of seductive florals such as White Shoulders. Romance is in the air, quite literally.

Conclusion - If she works for your chemistry, Sirene will be one of the best buys you've ever made! Excellent sillage and longevity combine with a softly alluring quality to create romantic havoc. She is at once powdery, woody, old fashioned, and charmingly elusive. A sturdy siren I hope will be available for years to come.....

Absolutely FIVE stars.

derijcklee
derijcklee

I think my nose is smelled like L' Air du Temps .so pretty and cute smelling ,longlasting I love that and really

javajivenc
javajivenc

Now I know what people mean when they say a floral is "screechy." Sirene is simultaneously loud and sharp, heavy and cloying. My husband smelled it and asked if I had just used nail polish remover. It does last forever, and a tiny bit goes a long way, but on me, at least, it's pretty awful. It smells purely floral to me, and I don't get any of the oriental notes others have described. The bottle's very pretty; I only wish I liked the fragrance more.

libless
libless

The bottle is beautiful. The color of the perfume is beautiful. The price is great. I like the fact that it's made in the U.S. . It is very strong when first sprayed. I can smell dead roses and geraniums mostly.Like flowers that have been left in a vase on the table for a month. The dry down is not so bad, and after a couple of hours it smells good. By the end of the evening its actually quite pleasant. If some perfumes give you a headache, I would stay clear of this one, but if you like it bold and flowery, this one is for you. It has longevity and strong sillage.

hopscotch-bunny
hopscotch-bunny

This beauty in the bottle shares similar notes with Lou Lou Cacharel, my longtime favorite. I wonder why the pyramid is missing a heliotrope and sandalwood notes. Those notes are very prominent and with vanilla note create a beautiful aroma of Karo-Karounde flower.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Magnificence in a bottle. I have the miniature, a frosted glass bottle with beautiful images of women surrounding the glass. The bottle is one of my most unique smalls.
Sirene surrounds you immediately with a boozy rum scent of a Peaches Flambe. This is a rich, full, mysterious perfume that calls to your inner primal desires.
Some fragrances are splashed, some are sprayed, some are walked through. Sirene is dabbed on pulse points and hidden areas. Sweet, powdery, heavily musky, this is a powerful weapon that takes you deep into the vortex of erotic perfumery.
Sirene begins with lemony geranium and orange notes, followed by piercing, earthy florals of violet, jasmine and ylang-ylang, wrapped in powdery veils. This is a strong, animalic scent lasting hours. The vanille is strong and mature.
As the Sirens sang their songs to the Mariners, as the Slavic Faeries were spirits of seduction, and Nymphs could bring madness and infatuation to an admirer, then this perfume is aptly named Sirene. If worn appropriately, it is a powerful drug ensconced within the bottle of maidens, not to be taken lightly or used daily.
Sirene is for romance, for midnight dalliances, for seductions of love.

Poppette
Poppette

This was a blind buy due to the fact it was said that its similar to tendre poison....which i adore and obviously cannot find. I think it is quite a lovely powdery fragrance but nothing like tendre poison. What it does smell similar to is l'ebolario iris. I love the bottle!!!!!!

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I tried this as a blind buy and I love it. It is purely floral. Previously I wore mainly Chanel No. 22, but it is difficult to find. This EDP lasts a long time, probably 8 hours, and is as complex as some of the more expensive perfumes, like j'Adore, which doesn't last nearly as long and is far more expensive. I'm surprised Sirene wasn't better marketed. It's a lovely, light, and complex floral with staying power. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves light florals with just a touch of warmth. Five Stars also made Norell, which is also nice but very strong, also with a long scent life. I always thought French perfumes were the best, but Sirene has proved me wrong.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

I find this perfume to be delicious and captivating, I imagine sirens singing ready to seduce men. It is very strong which I like and lasts all day. It leaves behind trails and wafts of where you have been are going. It starts of flowery, soapy very clean, then ending up in a creamy vanilla musk dry down. Right now you can get it at bargain price in most places which is a bonus. I recommend this for a 30's and plus crowd. Still, my friend who introduced me to this smell is in her mid 20's and it smells lovely on her. Fortunately it worked with my skin chemistry too. I would try this one before buying it it is another polarizing love or hate smell. I would recommend this for evening wear. Once again if you are into subtle fragrances this one is not discreet. On the right moment or romantic occasion I think this is would be perfect. Still, I see alot of people wear this for work. I Love the bottle too, my potion color is pink. I Have not tried the yellow yet. I hope if you try this one you will like it as much as I have.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

Blind buy for me, tested it today and am really liking it. It is rich and intense with many notes shinning through. I can smell Jasmin, geranium, vanilla, and musk right away as well as a deep woodsy smell. After about 45 minutes everything has a quieter, powdery sensual smell and feel to it. I am very pleased with this and I love the bottle which is perfect for this scent as well as the name. It's calling me right now. Sniff, sniff...

vicka16
vicka16

@Amarilis60
There is no difference between the pink one and the yellow one, it's the same perfume, same version. Sometimes happens that the juice changes its color with the time.

Cameopetals
Cameopetals

Sirene by Vicky Tiel is sweet...almost edible like Sweet and Sour Asian Yum Dish ;-). But, I like it none the less. I wear it to work to lift my mood, especially on one of those high pressure days...deadlines. I returned to the store before the Manager Sale ended and purchase two more gift sets (greater savings than the bottle by itself). The Gift set was a full size EDP Spray. It lasts all day on my garments.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

I tested today a golden juice version of this perfume , I like it V much, some notes remind me of my beloved Lou Lou. Very rich and beautiful . Is there any difference between pink coloured perfume as shown here and golden one?

gazelle
gazelle

It starts out on my skin like Joop. And I like Joop. One dab and it demands attention. Somehow pink is not the color of liquid that produces this amazonian scent. I'd go so far as to say, this perfume is one I'd recommend for a Renaissance Woman who walks in any male dominated environment and commands their attention, while smiling charmingly. I can't differentiate the flowers, just the rose and jasmine, and the one I call ATTITUDE!

Plumiegirl
Plumiegirl

I bought Sirene online as a blind purchase (after reading fragrantica) and the first time I used it, I was overwelhmed with it and changed my clothes and scrubbed it off. Maybe I used too much only use on spray and walk into it. I gave it a second try with a lighter touch and I am loving it. The thing that made me come back is that the shirt in the hamper smelled good all day. I really do love it but it takes a long time for this one to settle and get gentle. The sillage is long lasting and projects far. It grows on you if you give it a chance. Love it now.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Excuse while I sniff my arm....Wow! What a beauty and at such a reasonable price!

krmarich
krmarich

This is my third exploration of Vicky Tiel and best so far. The bottle 3.3oz was $14.USDs on a retail shelf on clearance. The value was amazing for its contents. The color is gold, not pink. It is old school style with a very 1994 brightness. Is it 18 years old all ready? It is not for the faint hearted. Go ligthly with the trigger or else.

The first blast is overpowering. Orange and violet lead into the peachy rose, which is MASSIVE. I suspect the aldehyde note is this fluffed up synthetic heart that defies all perfume logic. The projection seems to fill a room.

Then after about an hour, this roar begins to dull to a soft geranium/ ylang ylang heart that cannot be missed by fans of those notes. Jasmine and peony keep it soft. The mysterious wood at the base is totally synthetic and works surpisingly very well here. I cannot tolerate the wood in Ullysse. Since I am a sucker for florals, this pulls me under the waves easily.

I imagine the most romantic place to wear it would be in a Gondola on a canal in Venice-the Serenissima herself. Thats the kind of fantasy Sirene brings to my mind.

phlewis
phlewis

IT IS THE BEST PERFUME EVER.
I GOT SERENE AS A GIFT. WHEN IT WAS FINISHED I SEARCHED ALL OVER FOR THE PRODUCT UNTIL I WAS WALKING THROUGH A MALL AND SAW IT. I SAID I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PRICE I WANT IT.

queops
queops

reminds me cabotine de gres,in his very floral but not chypre.

isabellaswan
isabellaswan

Este es un perfume de la línea floral talcoso, es algo maduro para quienes siguen las nuevas tendencias y muchos amigos lo han juzgado de ordinario y pasado de moda. Si eres seguidor de lo vintage, esto es lo tuyo, pero pruébalo primeto porque con él hay que andarse con cuidado.

ingrico
ingrico

I really think this is the best perfume I ever had. I try and like almost everything, but this one is the BEST. The price could not be better, stay longer than any other perfume, smell delicious. Where ever you go, people ask you about that fragrance and receive the most wonderful compliments with it. I can not say enough about this one. From 1 to 10, SIRENE got 12.
That is how much I love it. Compare with the expensive and super expensive ones, Sirene is always the BEST.

millan
millan

Just use this last night and got plenty of compliments. wore it today and compliments come flowing .I just love it. and it last,and last forever

bjkeough
bjkeough

LOVE MY *SIRENE* IT'S SEXY AS HELL!! THE PRICES ARE GREAT RIGHT NOW ON THIS FRAGRANCE WITH NOTES OF ORANGE, GERANIUM, PEACH, ROSE, VIOLET, JASMINE, PEONY, YLANG-YYLANG, MUSK, WOODS AND VANILLA. THIS ONLY TAKES A LITTLE TO LAST ALL DAY AND THE COMPLIMENTS I RECEIVE WHEN I WEAR THIS ARE ONGOING AND SINCERE. TRY IT!

me79
me79

Splendid !

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

my, what mixed reviews this one gets. i happened upon siren as a blind buy, had i known how beautiful the bottle was, i would have bought it anyway! this was sealed in a package, a relic of some sale item unopened. i was about knocked over upon my first application which was just a dab, as this was a mini. this one has strength! a truly potent specimin, as i sniffed my wrist i was unsure how i felt, juicy lovely peach, orange, rose, peony, a list of some of my favorite notes. with.....voilet. violet, how i do love you in the wild, but not as a subpar powdery influence in my perfumes. which was barely there.. but after ten minuites of evaporation, and puzzlement, i started getting whiffs of what smelled like alternately Laura Biagotti"s Venezia...? sigh.... and what... old, majestic, powerhouse poison? what is this strange creature on my wrist that transformes itself so, every other moment?! how very strange. on my next 40 minuite drive home with my husband, we smelled a slight almost chypre-ish quality at one point, and during the entirety as long as its not over applied, siren is a dazzling, multifaceted beauty. wearing this i love to turn around, catch my own scent, and be both puzzled, and excited by it. or catch a look of puzzlement behind me.. :-) i think this is a powerful fragrance, despite its seemingly bright cast, but softly juicy. the vanilla and woods emerge after about three hours on me to spread a soft, glow around me that opens up in our humid summer night air. it seems to be a little like Mitsouko in that it decides who it loves, and who it dosn't. my husband is mad for it applied with feminine skill...it leaves a trace you want to follow. wear it if you want to be followed... i adore it!

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is Nicole Miller on soapy steroids.

It has an undeniable heaviness to it that overwhelms the wearer with peach and sharp geranium. But the soap is massive and smothers all else.

It's too strong for summer and too dated for any other time.

Pass...

semj
semj

I love 80s silage monsters and I can be persuaded to don LouLou once or twice.
I got this as a blind buy (as bonus), and I wish I hadn't.
What a mess. It does remind you of LouLou but as Sherapop wrote it really does feel like an aldehyde. Then BAM a blast of wood and vanilla. Where did that sugar vanilla fit in. This is a scrubber, and it does not scrub off (not even with hibiscrub) I dare not even clean the linoleum with it, in fear of it melting the plastic.
It is just a mess.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

My first impression was that it smelled like Cacharel's Lou Lou quite a bit.

marshmello
marshmello

I tried wearing this a few times but just couldn't get past the bug spray (OFF repellant) base. The bottle is absolutey gorgeous but the fumes smelled dated and was just too overpowering for me.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I honestly thought the florals would prevail in Sirene immediately like an explosion of toxic fumes. I thought since it came about in the nineties it would surely be so strong a floral that I probably would be overcome with a classic migraine & gasping for air. However, immediately upon skin contact, it is a very strong soapy goodness. I'm very attracted to soapy clean scents & include some light or even crisp florals and I'm all over it! Even if you don't particularly like Soapy scents, this one is like a magnet and draws you in not releasing. Florals are on the back burner here but definitely there. I've been wearing now for almost 5 hours and it just started to sweeten up a little. Now, looking past the soap and flowers, I'm picking up the sweetness of peach with a hint of vanilla goodness. I must say as a Soapy Clean scent lover, I am very intrigued with this vintage beauty. I've already heard a co-worker saying someone smells so good this morning...very clean. Hmmm...it's me!!! If you like Soapy florals...I highly recommend. If you are into light florals..I'd recommend passing on this one as it is very strong. I'm loving it!

For some reason, Vicky Tiel SIRENE wears on my skin like the aldehydic skeleton of a floral aldehyde perfume. I honestly have no idea where others are finding oriental elements in this composition. Although I suspect there are some flowers here, they are buried deep within an impenetrably thick coat of sharp soap. Perhaps as a floral aldehyde lover I should be happy. Instead, SIRENE strikes me as only half a perfume, more of an aldehydic aldehyde than a floral aldehyde, and quite far from being a floral perfume!

From start to finish, SIRENE is a case of aldehydes run rampant. The biggest mystery of all is: why are aldehydes not even listed among the notes? Bizarre.

***

Update: after what seemed like hours (because it was) of battling it out with their aldehyde captors, the flowers finally prevailed. In the drydown, SIRENE did manifest spicy geranium and ylang, all of which goes to prove, once again, that "Patience is a virtue" (about which I know nothing...). I'm going to have to try this all over again, but happily BronxBeauty bestowed two large vials upon me, of which I still have 1.5. It is entirely possible that I overapplied the perfume, generating a veritable mushroom cloud of aldehydes which shrouded the inner floral beauty of SIRENE. It is also possible that this composition really is too aldehyde top-heavy. On verra. On verra bien...

Sirene is an ode to those seductive creatures who sang so sweetly and seductively ancient sailors jumped overboard trying and swim to the island rock on which they lived, perishing on the rocks there. Odysseus (Ulysses in Roman myth) was the first ship to ever make it past them with crew intact. Warned by Circe (the sorceress), he instructed his sailors to plug their ears with wax and tie him to the mast, securely. He heard the voice of his sweet wife Penelope calling to him in their songs and screamed for them, over sobs and eyes filled with tears, to let him go...after the ship and crew passed by safely, the Sirens threw themselves into the Sea, having failed to lure any of them to their shore (and death).

On first smelling this scent, I know how Odysseus felt! This scent is so very vintage smelling I was actually surprised to see it listed as a 90s perfume. It begins with not only the listed notes of orange and peach, juicy and sweet; but also carnation's strange oily scent that is also powdery and dry, and aldehydes, aldehydes aldehydes! These do as Malegria noticed fade quickly but the carnation is superb here. I have never smelled Byzance, but have Moscow Red (NZ) and this does resemble that a bit. The heart quite literally bursts forth with a stunning bouquet of flowers (I imagine myself with the different floral images swirling about my head like a cartoon character "seeing stars"!) This scent is very feminine and, on my most sensitive days, I would not wear this; but it is very nice and very old-school! Its finish is ambery and warm with flowers littering the woods. The vanilla is as powdery in the end as the carnation was in the opening, and the musk is amazingly sexy! Yes, Odysseus I know how you felt; I would want to move closer to anything that "sang" like this...but if it was on MY skin: I would be stuggling to get away from it (or it off of me) like he stuggled to be free...

Sillage: Incredible!
Longevity: great
Overall: 4/5

This is a great perfume (after it dries) and becomes something haunting and very very compelling. This is a perfume from a by-gone age...massively sweet yet dry and still very, very feminine. I have yet to try Ma Griffe or Cabotine, but if they are like this: I am already in love! This is so many things on so many levels: sexy, flowery, warm, juicy, dry, elegant, mature (not "old") and quite beautiful. Definitely a "less is more" scent! HEAVEN in small to moderate doses...HELL if over-applied!!

chaos2
chaos2

One of my all time favorites! I think it smelled fresh and sexy on me. Orange Blossom is the greatest smell in the world to me, so I must have got the orange in this pretty clear. I also remember the woodsy part, but do not remember the vanilla at all. I will have to keep an eye out for it. It is hard to find and I am on a budget.

Malegria
Malegria

Lovers of original Salvador Dali (Black Lips) and Byzance, rejoice. Here comes a floral oriental that can if not match, but come close those 2 rare birds. Don`t be scared of the slightly unpleasant note in the beginning, it will go away soon and will leave you bathing in the ambery waves of pure goodness. I suspect sandalwood and some kind of resins in the base that support the incredible staying power and the sweet woodsy drydown.
It is very strong, so as said below - use sparingly, it will knock you down and some people around you.Not for office, not for the daytime...pure seduction.

hollycat
hollycat

When I first put this on I swore there was some sort of fruity note that dominated the composition. Something like grapes or berries. It reminded me of a more mature version of one of the Juicy perfumes. Turns out it was Ylang Ylang, this note can sort of smell fruity on me.

Anyway, I find this scent very original and womanly. Its a little sharp and floral for my taste but I do appreciate it.

Sillage is fabulous and that says a lot coming from me, as my skin doesnt project perfumes real well.

Well done.

cisco
cisco

Nyoka is right. Use this sparingly. The lotion is the best out of all my lotions. It makes you feel like satin. This smells like an oriental because the musk and vanilla dominate on my skin. The sillage and longevity are excellent. The pricing is amazingly cheap.

P.S. I almost forgot to tell you out of the hundred plus fragrances I have, this one went over big time with my intimate friend. I like it but it is far from my favorite.

nyoka
nyoka

A lil dab will do ya.Whats not to love.PEAChes dripping down ur chin,jasmine rose,woody notes.THey all blend into a very beautifu8l fume.Just a touch is needed.Lasts all day.And sillage out of this world.I love it.

gutobega
gutobega

A very beutiful lady scent.

skitten
skitten

Not sure about this one .Very strong.Overwhelming in fact.If you like "old school" perfume , then this is the one for you. My mom would of worn this, but she loved Arpege and I smell the simalarities. As I love more spicy perfumes, maybe this is not mine to comment on........x

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Ahhhhh!
Smells like Cabotine, only not at all green. I can't take it...

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is just as strong as White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor. Not many scents hold their own strength anymore due to watering down and still trying to make a profit! I don't ever re-purchase a perfume that is watered down and has no scent life. This scent however is unbelievable in scent life! Quite possibly the strongest scent on the market that I have ever tested so far other than Opium and Cinnabar which is both a very dark scent, this is a light hearted scent with one heck of a kick to it. Nice dry down, sweet and powdery. I have done a 180 on this scent, I love it for the winter months. I don't know about the summer yet but this scent is very nice and strong at the same time.

mwater1
mwater1

My mother wears this fragrance exclusively. It's not my cup of tea as I find it too heavy and sweet, but it does smell great on Mom. The opening is very synthetic and cloying. I am surprised that it isn't an oriental fragrance. It reminds me a lot of the Elizabeth Taylor Passion fragrance. On the up side, the projection is amazing and so is the lasting power. It is definitely original and worth a spritz or two.

Sirene by Vicky Tiel 3.77 out of 5 based on 158 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vicky Tiel Sirene fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vicky Tiel Sirene, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sirene by Vicky Tiel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sirene by Vicky Tiel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.