Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Venus De L'Amour Vicky Tiel for women

Venus De L'Amour Vicky Tiel for women
dislike

Venus De L'Amour is a fresh oriental fragrance launched in 1997. Top notes: mandarin, aldehydes, mimosa, peach and bergamot. Heart: iris, jasmine, lily of the valley, mimosa, ylang-ylang, cloves, nutmeg, violet leaves, coriander and basil. Base: myrrh, patchouli, musk, benzoin, tonka, heliotrope and vanilla.

Available as EDT of 50 and 100 ml.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Peach Aldehydes

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Nutmeg Clove Coriander Lily-of-the-Valley Basil Violet Leaf Mimosa

Musk Patchouli Benzoin Myrhh Heliotrope

Venus De L'Amour Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This was the first perfume I remember wearing when I was starting to take perfume "seriously", that is when I no longer saw perfume or "fragrance mists" as an accessory to my clothes or a part of an after shower ritual. This perfume is a lesson in how to make a great perfume. Each note goes well together and the result is intoxicating. Like the name suggests this is Venus the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite, and we offer her flowers, incense, honey, fruits and prayers to her. Usually you had to go to her when you wanted someone to fall in love with you. I wore this as a 17 year old girl in hopes to attract a guy I really liked. And it worked! Venus opens with a sweet fruit bowl of scents: mandarin orange, bergamot and peach. I would even include an orange blossom or neroli, but it could be mimosa which is actually listed here. There are aldehydes so the opening is a bit familiar if you like scents like Van Cleef & Arpels First. The heart is floral with violet, ylang, mimosa, jasmine, iris heliotrope and lily of the valley. The flowers are heady and fragrant like actually surrounding yourself with too many flowers. Because it is an Eau de Parfum the flowers are really standing out. At times it reminds mem of Quelques Fleurs so if you like super floral scents this is a treasure. It doesn't really get too strong if you know how to apply it and it's best to just spray it about twice in pulse points like the sides of my neck or on my collar bone. The aroma it releases is unmistakably feminine. It's spicy with cloves and patchouli leaves. There's also a warm incense note in the form of myrrh. It's smoky but not like Opium smoke. Just a warm myrrh. There is a rich benzoin and something which briefly appears that I felt reminded me of honey. It's Oriental in nature, flowery, balsamic, sweet and seductive. I still keep a bottle or two around. The price is cheap but the fragrance is not. Smells like one of the most beautiful perfumes they could ever make.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Beautiful floriental offering, sweet from peach, spiciness of cloves and nutmeg followed by iris and ylang, its very deep, unusual and tends more to the modern niche style, rather than vintagy vintage. Drydown is incense and vanilla with tonka - smoky sweet. Instantly likeable fragrance.

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

A stunning, beautiful floral marvel from the past. Very intoxicating, a little too heavy for me though. I have a bottle available for swap/sale if anyone is interested in this as it is hard to find and will just sit with my collection not being used, feel free to message me if interested.

krmarich
krmarich

I bought a mini to sample this lost wonder and am really surprised. It is a retro style floriental that reminds me of 1960 era florientals that I so love. Its clean and soapy, like Caleche. Its more mature with the soft aldehyde opening and various green notes in the heart. It lasts more than 6 hours and closes warmly. It is aptly named for the goddess of love.

The bottle is a work of art with its neoclassical frosted glass sculpture. I am really curious to discover the original Venus with her big rosey heart. This has no rose at all. It doesnt need it, really. I am impressed with Vicky Tiel fragrances on many levels. The price and quality are exceptional. I wonder why they were never promoted harder? As it stands, they are niche perfume.

---------------------------------------------------
Update 5/23/2012
After my journey into all of the Vicky Tiel offerings. I must say this one is nearly unisex compared to everything before. The florals are all muted and I have no problem wearing it in public after an hour or so.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vicky Tiel Venus De L'Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vicky Tiel Venus De L'Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Venus De L'Amour by Vicky Tiel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Venus De L'Amour by Vicky Tiel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.