Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women

Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

I have it: 619 I had it: 317 I want it: 211 My signature: 11

Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Amber Romance Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Amber Romance is a warm and alluring blend of black cherry, crème anglaise, vanilla and sandalwood. It belongs to the Secret Garden collection.

It is available as EDT, body mist and body care collection.

Cherry Sweet Notes Vanille Sandalwood Chamomile Aloe Vera Amber Sugar Milk

Fire & Ice
Cherry Vanilla
mark Jewel Shine

Amber Romance Fragrance Reviews

anastasija777
anastasija777

I don't know... I like almost all of the notes in this perfume. When I read about it I just had to buy it without really smelling it. At first I liked it, I got several VS scents and this one is not like the others. But when I put it on next time I just disliked it so much! I don't know why, but now it smells so chemically warm, overpowering sweet and sharp. I don't like this one and really regret buying it. I think I will give it to a friend who likes it... But I will really beg her not use it when she's with me.

Pinchu Prince
Pinchu Prince

I usually like women perfume coz unfortunately I feel very allergic to strong men perfume. So after reading so many reviews here, I ordered for this perfume. I am waiting for it! Hoping it would turn out to be my signature fragrance.

Paula_s
Paula_s

I think this is cozy and lovely. My daughter asked my why my perfume smelled like soap. I don't usually like strongly perfumed soap, but I might have to make an exception if I can find out which brand she was referring to.

Alysha
Alysha

I think I have to agree with the restroom comment. There must have been an air freshener or cleaning chemical smelling similar to this perfume. I get the same kind of 'restroom' feeling.

However, looking past that, this scent is calming and great to wear at night when you're cuddling up to read a book in bed. I like it!

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I really like this perfume, it does smell like Revlon fire and ice, but fire and ice has a plasticky note and does not last as long as this. This is sweet (not sickeningly sweet) , light and just has a wonderful unique scent to it. It truly is amazing. Its kinda hard to describe how wonderful this is. The first time I smelled this I fell in love, and it's a new favorite for me. I highly recommend this perfume if your into sweet scents, also if your into fire and ice, this will be a new love for you too!
I really want the body butter that goes to this but I'm afraid that I might eat it! lol

Eau de Noob
Eau de Noob

Sweet, light, and fleeting. I don't think amber when I smell this. It's much more powdery than I thought it would be, and it seems both old-fashioned and childlike at the same time. Not a bad fragrance, and certainly a pleasant surprise from VS. Even though I'm not a fan of powdery sweet fragranes, I like this as a bedtime perfume. I'll have to keep looking for a dark, spicy amber elsewhere though.

cyclone1391
cyclone1391

A beautiful soft vanilla that lays close to the skin but can be quite strong if you use more than 3 spritzes. Definitely a long lasting scent. The sugary, custard, vanilla scent is what predominates on me. There is a hint of amber in the base that I think makes it smell more sophisticated than your typical sweet sugar bomb. The black cherry scent is slightly present if spritzed into the air, but again it doesn't seem present on my skin. The warm milky depth to the vanilla seems to be more present in cold weather, but the warm weather seems to bring out a carmalized vanilla scent which I'm assuming is the crème anglaise. Definitely a luxurious and comforting scent but if too heavy people at the other end of the table will notice so be careful with application. I do 3 spritzes of the EDP alone, meaning I do not use any other scented lotion or body spray etc.

Update: I no longer wear the edt cuz it's very strong on me and find the mist much more suitable and still long lasting with only 2 or 3 sprays.

Adriana Candiotto
Adriana Candiotto

This is a very engaging scent that holds you comfortably. It is warm and soft, just lovely warm vanilla, caramel, light milk and a heart of sandalwood amber with optimal fixation and sillage is very versatile while being marked.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

My best friend in high school wore this and since then, got me hooked on it and I have woren this many times in many versions. Now that I think about it and see all of the comparisons to Cherry-Vanilla, it really does smell so similar! This is musky, burnt-sugary, warm amber, and very sweet. Out of all the Secret Garden scents, this is my favorite one. I like to layer this with other amber, dark, musky, vanilla scents.

javaholic
javaholic

Lovely fragrance, warm and sweet. Not overbearing and blended well. Vanilla, sandalwood, powder and hint of berries. Very nice.

QueenGueneviere
QueenGueneviere

This is my signature scent. It's my absolute favorite. I wear it every day and it goes great layered with Dona Karen's pure cashmere Cashmere Mist. I Love It!

Dilaru
Dilaru

Demure.
This is a very well blended perfume. It is warm and smooth and never develops any sharp, headache-inducing or sour notes - just lovely warm vanilla, caramel,slight milk and a heart of oozing, warm sandalwood amber. Something that even oriental-haters would enjoy.

This being said, this isn't a usual 'oriental' - it's smooth, not loud,not overpowering, not sharp, not spicy or bitter.
I have never been able to wear any sort of amber or oriental perfume before - my chemistry just doesn't work with them. But this is a surprisingly good quality perfume - lasts all day, and has lovely office-appropriate sillage.

galaxy86
galaxy86

It is one of well crafted perfumes. The opening has vanilla and black cherries, delicious!!! And then after 45 minutes it's just sandalwood, vanilla and amber. It is a comfortable perfume, one that will make you feel at home. And definitely will make your other half cosy up to you due to its warmth!!!

oktober
oktober

This perfume is divine, smells like creme anglaise, a lot of sandalwood, cherries and vanilla. Very warm.

Rosamelia
Rosamelia

IMO it smells better than some perfumes out there, like a sweet oriental scent.

Katiepop
Katiepop

I think I'm the only one that doesn't like this scent. It's not TOO bad but every time I smell it I'm reminded of the smell of public restroom.

candyaddict
candyaddict

This is one of my favorite fragrances by Victoria's Secret. I have the body spray, not the actual perfume. At first, vanilla is the most dominant note to me, then the cherry arrives and it becomes very similar to Revlon's Fire & Ice but nicer. Love, love, love!

Moonwalk Memorie

I'd avoided this one for so long - amber brings back unpleasant memories of an acquaintance.

Light, creamy, cherry-amber when sprayed onto my bed sheets and clothing.

On my skin, it's more of a sharp cherry that slowly turns into vanilla milk.

peferrarine

A while ago i made a review of this one, and we were on winter. Now we're in the summer (Brazil) and i'm here to write another review.

This fragrance surprised me. On winter it embraces you like a warm blanket and feels like a nice cup of hot milk and honey.
Wearing it in summertime makes me feel like i'm ready for a night out at the beach. Gives me that warm breezy feeling of hot summer nights. The smells is the same, of course, there is not too many note so it could change that much, but the feeling it gives me is completely different.

Love it

slowmotion
slowmotion

Warm. Embracing. Sweetness. Not overpowering. Definitely a special scent among the VS batch.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

i am totally craving this..this has to be hands down my favorite amber fragrance in VS and then there is bombshell forever but that is a fresh scent..the amber in this is so strong and last for hours and the lotions are amazing..i will be getting this again..and i use to have the old bottles and this fragrance as it ages gets stronger and more sweet totally worth the price and it reminds me alot of Katy Perry's Meow..compare..they are not exact exact but pretty close with the sweetness..interesting how notes combined can almost smell the same...i have to get this again...its the only one i feel will last long and is totally worth the purchase in VS..

antswife

Love it! Rich vanilla. Receive a lot of compliments when I wear it.

elvasss
elvasss

I don't really know what "amber" smells like. This fragrance mist smells like creamy sweet stuffs and milky creamy woods. It's nice, I use it as a hair perfume because it's not strong at all, can't be over sprayed anyway. Warm and cozy scent. However I'm not planning to repurchase it.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

This is a scent I had a while back. I Did not like this Fragrance. I remember it to be a loud, almost sickeningly sweet scent. Kind of had a buggy spray smell! I will have to smell this one again to see if I'll feel the same way. As for now I think Sensual Amber, another fragrance I used to hate but now like a lot is a better scent than VS Amber Romance.

lannyM
lannyM

it smells like syrup drug, especially body lotion. I got this in the form of body mist, body lotion and shampoo. because I don't like the smell I give it all to my friend. funny my friend told me this fragrance is nice and she liked it

deerstyles
deerstyles

I personally think that it's a quite "special" smell..just don't know how to describe it.
I'm NOT really into this smell...

Moonwalk Memorie

Creamy amber, slight powdered candy. Pleasant, inoffensive, and versatile, but common.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

The EDT of this smells exactly like Avon's Vanilla Soft Musk spray. I love the sillage--warm golden amber with a hint of burnt caramel. It's something I love to smell on others and I totally envy those who can pull it off. On my skin, it's just ordinary and it gives me a really bad headache. Surprisingly, it lasts a long time on me. I just wish I could enjoy it as others do. I sold my gift set a couple of days after I got it. That's how much I like it.

jackiedufield
jackiedufield

This is a lovely fragrance; it is so "warm." My only complaint is that even when I use both the body lotion and EDT, it just doesn't doesn't last.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Amber Romance EDT was my first purchase from the VS Shop. This is the only perfume from them that I really liked. Sharp alcoholic soapy- sweetness at the beginning but when time goes by it settles into a lovely caramel drydown. Perfect for colder months.

Airiasthya
Airiasthya

I wear this on rainy days and when I feel mysterious. it's too heavy to wear on sunny day. this perfume is also my pillow mist. smells comforting

ClaraStevie
ClaraStevie

Amber Romance by Victoria’s Secret is a great perfume. When you order from Victoria’s Secret it is $12 and is worth the price. True to its name, Amber Romance smells like the perfect combination of amber with a hint of vanilla. The scent is not too overbearing, but light and can be worn on all occasions. I wore this perfume every week during fall, winter, and spring before running out of my supply, so it is very versatile. Considering how long each bottle lasts me I would say $12 is a steal. The perfume works all day long. I would receive many compliments from different people; all of my girl friends wanted to know what I was wearing so they could buy it, and boys would comment on how good I smelled. The bottle Amber Romance comes in is conveniently sized and cute. I would recommend this perfume to anyone looking for an alluring, dependable perfume.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Creme Anglaise and powdered sugar with a faint fruity tang.

This is so soft and fuzzy and comforting, its like olfactory cashmere PJs. It makes me think of a woman who is sexy, but in a very natural, accessible way. I very much prefer the EDT to the body splash because besides lasting longer, it’s creamier and softer.

I didn’t expect to find myself wearing it to the office so often, but catching a soft whiff of this once in awhile is very calming on stressful days, and it’s got just enough of a dessert-like feel to keep me happy without being obnoxious for anyone else.

Be warned if you don’t like powdery musk; you might not like this. Pity! I personally find it very well done because it manages to balance out the sweet notes without detracting from the creaminess and warmth, and stops everything from becoming just another plate of sticky melted mush.

peferrarine

Creamy Amber. It's warm and sexy, in a cozy way. It's perfect for cold weather days, gives a comfortable sensation, like you're being hugged and you just want to be there.
I smell the vanilla and the milk mixed together (probably the Creme Anglaise thing) with this perfect hint of Amber and Sandalwood, to warm the fragrance. It doesn't evolve. What you feel at first is what you'll feel till the very end. And that's a good thing. I love complex scents, but the simplicity in this one is what makes it so sexy and warm.

Update: When I pay more attention to the fragrance, i can smell the chamomile/aloe vera freshness (in both splash and lotion, a little less on the EDT). Is very subtle, but is what stops the fragrance from being cloying, in my opinion.

Ginnie A
Ginnie A

Its a strange one this,theres just something about it thats very unusual,very sexy and womanly smell,I wasent that impressed with the blind buy after all the raves but its a grower for sure,almost hypnotic and addictive like its from a far flung place,sweet oriental powdery,musky,i can see why men like this cos it screams MYSTERIOUS!!

suhaesa

this is one of my all time favourites ..i have been using it for more than 13 years ..mainly the body spray version.. which i find so comforting.. so sensuale.. so real ..velvety ..dreamy..its a perfect base for so many other perfumes ..try layering it with most of your oriental favourites ..i love it with obsession ck.. cooo chanel.. and opium ysl etc..
amber romance is a skin scent for me..a signature scent.. its like a second skin.. it envelops you into a wonderful..cozy.. mellow.. feminine.. cocoon..its not that overwhelmingly sweet.. or ambery.. or vanillic..its just a perfect composition ..of all those wonderful.. balmy.. powdery ..milky..lightly cherried.. ambery ..sandal woody..cherished accords.. with chamomile which is known for its relaxing qualities.. and cherry which i find so light.. that you can hardly smell ..but when all those notes are combined ..you simply can't go wrong.. cant go mad.. its just so serene.. so divine.... soooooooooooo relaxing ...i love using it after showers ..its not cloying..its fresh yet sensuale.. its sultry yet light.. its invigorating yet relaxing ..its a dream come true to me ..i feel home when i am in its mysterious.. glorious.. veil of smokiness.. and utter hmmmmmmmmm i can't pinpoint it..but maybe utter coziness..sensualness..and even holiness..there is something holy about this scent.. maybe its the ancient secrete amber it possesses.. and the serenity.. and utter sheerness.. and sublime beauty.. ..i wish i can soak and bathe in this scent.. and i will still never be overwhelmed.. it isn't overpowering ..it settles down so beautifully.. its not a changing perfume.. its a true scent.. true to its character.. and nature..it could easily be a signature scent if it compliments your chemistry.. nature..confident..compassionate..and giving... what you smell is what you get ..all the way.. it just whispers softer.. and wishes you sweet dreams.. and envelops you in a protective aura.. of serenity.. holiness.. and spirituality.. and light.. that keeps you protected.. until the morning ....i love it.. and can't imagine my life without it..i hope it doesn't get discounted like all the good things in life..

SophieJ
SophieJ

What you see is what you get. This scent doesn't have topnotes or a drydown, it's just a straight up cherry, vanilla, and amber. It's simple and linear, and it doesn't apologise for it. It's fabulous! I have it in both EDT and body spray form. It's a great cuddy, cashmere-sweater and cold night scent. Spray it on after a warm bath and sit by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa ~ perfection!

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

I have the VS Amber Romance Bubble bath circa 2002. It has become one of my favorite soaking scents after a long day. It is a warm amber vanilla with a delicious gormand undertone. It must be the Creame angliase- although it is more of a creme brulee scent to me. I wonder if the amber resins have matured over the years... Thefirst time I used the bubble it did smell very synthetic. Now the bubbles take on a luxurious and relaxing warm sexy vanilla. It leaves me scented until I drift off to sleep. I am sad that my bubble bath is almost gone- I will be looking for a replacement bubble scent, and wonder if I can create my own with a few different perfume oils. Also, this scent pairs well with a bold red wine, and chick comedy TV or Reality show (Top Model or Project Runway anyone? :)

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

A sweet, balmy, and creamy amber, on a vanilla base. A touch of cherry vanilla coke. I love to layer this with anything that needs a warm, ambery vanilla base. Fairly long lasting and with decent projection, this is an inexpensive alternative to the Prada ambers. It is boozier, more vanillac, and blonder, and much sweeter. Sexy and warm, cozy and fuzzy, a big golden hug in a bottle.

Edit: I have been wearing my Prada ambers lately, and I want to be clear. This can be an inexpensive alternative amber, but is not similar to, the Prada ambers. Sweeter, not as deep, less amber, not as elegant. Also less of a true golden amber than found in Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher.

Ali565
Ali565

Once again, this particular fragrance elicits a memory from me.

I remember I was out shopping (once again with my mom!) and I tried this on in VS and decided that this was my new favorite fragrance.

I wore this out to a field trip with my band... I believe it was the Kaminari Taiko drum show if I remember correctly.

So now I will always associate this smell with night time and excitement. I also saw this scent as being very exotic but maybe that was just my naiveté and girlish enthusiasm for the scent rather than the scent itself.

When I was younger I decided I loved the note amber because this had amber in it's name! I felt that I was finally getting somewhere in my search for the perfect perfume!

I am still not so sure if it's not the scent I like or the memory. I have decided that I enjoy the warm vanilla in this as it is good for cold nights.

My boyfriend told me it smelled like cotton candy or something they used at his dentists office so sadly I do not wear this so much anymore. :(

Of course, he really likes a strong pure tobacco scent which isn't always my bag of chips. Someday I believe we will find some kind of middle ground as far as fragrance!

I always thought this worked nice with chemistry but now I feel I should ask around to find out... everyone seems to experience each scent differently.

But sometimes when I am chilling at home I will spray it from time to time just because I still personally enjoy the smell.

Peachply
Peachply

I loved the original body lotions and creams in this scent they were super glorious why do they have to change the formula???!!!!! They were once much more moisturizing and smelled super rich now just so-so. Sad.

fire2heart
fire2heart

I'm not a fan of amber scents, except this one. It is linier on me and does not really morph. I get the vanilla and maybe the sandelwood in the dry down, when it stays close to my skin (aprox 6- 10 hours after first applying it).

The body spray is very long lasting on me. It's a mature and sensual scent!

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

I got this in the body butter, and all I can say is "ew." It was way too musky for my taste, and it also had a weird chemical plastic scent to it as well. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't, it smelled too weird. Exchanged it a few days later for Mango Temptation, which smelled a lot better.

antswife

Beautiful, reasonable, sweet,great for winter months.

xMonsterloverx
xMonsterloverx

I got this in the shimmer spray, and also in the shimmer lotion. I thought I would like it more, because I smelt it on one of my friends and it smelt amazing.. I just don't like it on me. I wanna say it smells like cheap whore, but that's not it. Idk. It's weird. Probably not going to get it again.

Janenicolle
Janenicolle

someone gave me this last week and i can not tell you how much i love it ! at first i though it smelled like a sauna room but after awhile it was so addicting ! i love this and will buy one when i run out .

brreid
brreid

Love this scent. Can't smell it on myself, which tells me it is soft. My husband loves it! Also love Cashmere Glow by BBW.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

So there is this website that sells solid perfume sticks, and one of them is called Afterglow and it smells just like this!
Only $7 x it's oil based so stays longer! They r called perfumies. I recommend!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

For an amber fragrance I really like this one, always have. It reminds me of my sister since she used to wear it in high school (along with Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber and Black Raspberry Vanilla). I think this one just barely outranks Sensual Amber for me because the "amber" isn't quite as strong. There is something cozy and soft about Amber Romance that I really like, and while it is a little bit sweet it isn't overwhelmingly so. I wouldn't have been able to tell that there is cherry in the fragrance without the notes listed, but now that I know that it really makes sense. There is definitely a warm, ripe, slightly fruity note veering Amber Romance away from heavy sugar overload but still staying true to the rich warmth of the creme Anglaise and amber. I think this is a wonderful scent, really delicious. Great for cooler weather!

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

Great smell but can be overwhelming if you layer it with the lotion, etc. But the spray itself is great.

Bella Aldama
Bella Aldama

My new signature fragrance. :) I love it. It lasts long on me. And the sillage is heavy. I love the vanilla and creme anglaise notes. My friend said I smell yummy. Lol. Hahaha. I will repurchase this one.

hadew1
hadew1

This packs a lot of punch for such a cheap scent--crazy sillage and impressive lasting power. I second the reviewer who said this is remarkably well-blended for a mall scent. Wore it for a short while in college, the graduated to Burberry Woman (a more subtle and sophisticated amber-vanilla). Always gave me a little bit of a headache.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I was shopping for a Christmas present for my sister in VS and got suckered into the great deal they usually have going on for the Fantasies line. I used to have Amber Romance several years ago and loved it but my taste evolved and changed and I haven't had it in my wardrobe for probably 10 years. I decided to get the lotion and EDT for nostalgic reasons. It's such a warm and sweet and powdery scent, it took me right back to my high school days when I spritzed myself liberally with this stuff. I think it's actually blended really well for such an inexpensive frag. I actually don't smell Amber in this but vanilla and sandalwood are most prominent on my skin. When layered with the lotion the lasting power is moderate about 4-5 hours. I probably won't reach for this often but I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane today.

kristine oh
kristine oh

Deep, warm, musky scent. This was my favorite among VS line of scents, in which its not too sweet, fruity or citrus. The scent itself is like mature but with a hint of youthfulness. Though it doesn't have a lasting scent, you need to re apply a few hours or so.

SaritaMay
SaritaMay

I love this...it's like an exotic take on vanilla. I get lots of compliments on it!

hollyms
hollyms

Eh, it's ok. Smells like straight sugar and a weird form of amber. I don't smell vanilla - just sugar. Needs vanilla to be warm and comforting to me. The sugar makes it cold.

strawberri_bear94
strawberri_bear94

The body mist is very musky and almost too sweet. I definently smell the amber and some wood tones. It also smells like melted sugar (almost a burnt sugar, like creme brulee). It does, however last the perfect amount of time because as it starts to wear off it becomes subtle and very nice.

That being said, I almost never wear it and I forget about it all the time.

shammika
shammika

not last long. about 10 minutes. creamy vanilla amber fragrance mist.but i found it mix with a fruity perfume it is become such a beautiful mist and long last.I love it!

nush imogen
nush imogen

I just got the body mist version of this and im not too impressed. it lasts shorter than Anything i've ever had including other VS body mists, the scent reminds me of a cheap body wash or soap, maybe it's just my skin but i don't smell any vanilla whatsoever. Glad i bought a small bottle, i will use it up but wont repurchase ..

suhaesa

i love the body splash more than the edt,,its amazing after showers.. its like a perfect blend with my skin a match made in heaven ..its a great base for all my other dreamy powdery perfumes. its so mellow and warm and rich it feels like a million years old ,like the amber/ it possess you in unlimeted ways..no mater how much you try to stray you always come back to it as if it is your destiney...so relaxing so serene and pure

rating 5 out 5!

surfbum
surfbum

This scent is okay. I'm not a fan of musky, deeper toned scents, but I can stand this one surprisingly well. This might be because my best friend use to wear this one all the time. I received a bottle for Christmas and I do wear it occasionally. It has the longest staying power out of any of the other VS body mists I've worn.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I got this for my Mom, because she likes amber scents and I thought she would like it and she does. I tried the other night and it was way too sweet, kind of a sickly sweet. I like sweet scents to an extent, but this was way over the top and gave me a pounding headache.

x33janelle

One of my friends wears this, so I associate this scent with her. On her, it's a beautiful rich amber and vanilla with a hint of spiciness, so I've always found this scent quietly charming.

Out of the Love Spell-Pure Seduction-Amber Romance trio, I like this one the best. At least this one is tolerable.

While it doesn't smell expensive (Victoria's Secret body mist after all), it doesn't have the cheapness and tackiness of the other two. I don't associate this scent with high school girls with no perfume knowledge whatsoever.

While this is not the most charismatic of scents, it's the kind that creeps up on you. Unlike the other two which are big bursts of sugar and energy and fake smiles, this is the girl who isn't the popular cheerleader, but makes you feel warm and cozy. It must be the amber working its quiet charm.

This isn't my favourite scent because it's not sweet enough, but I liked it enough to even consider buying a bottle at a point of time. Maybe I eventually will buy it, just because, as it's a decent, warm, sensual fragrance, but I will always have other fragrances I prefer over this.

Jessica2
Jessica2

i just love this scent. it's my favourite and it's just awesome.. love it :)

Flamenca18
Flamenca18

My signature scent throughout senior year of high school; this has been thus far the only victorias secret perfume that i like. Its creamy vanilla scent is lovely without being overpowering.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

Absolutely delicious :) I get so many compliments when wearing it! It's a very sweet and fruity fragrance. It kinda smells like shampoo, in a nice way of course!

beevee88
beevee88

Headache inducing strong and sweet, thought I know it is popular. I used to be neutral on amber scents but, this made me really not like them. (Perfume scar :)). Gave it away.

zulukline
zulukline

I hate the smell of this stuff, VS secret garden is more miss than hit with me, I only like Pure Seduction and Pear Glace, this one gave me an instant headache, possibly because I don't like amber scents too much. I got it on sale so no harm done.

CarissaAthens
CarissaAthens

I purchased this a few years back along with Love Spell, and I LOVED IT!!, but unfortunately Amber Romance was the last spray I will ever buy with the name Amber in it. I loved it at first, but then half way something just went terribly wrong, I'm not into citrus scents, and if there is a note of citrus it should be really light. I also try to avoid Sensual Amber from BBW.

jreyes366
jreyes366

My freshman year of highschool, this was my signature scent. It smells absoultely beautiful with the nice deep amber and it is nice and lightly sweet. I've gotten many compliments and in my opinion, it's unique and sexy. I don't think any girl could go wrong with this scent.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had it, liked it very much as it was a warm and delicious scent. I used to layered it with the shower gel and lotion and it lasted a long time.

shouldnthaveausername
shouldnthaveausername

I liked this one, very sweet but I found it a bit dense on my skin, I use it for evening wear, really

Whit
Whit

I'm gonna agree with another reviewer about it smelling like In Control Curious by Britney Spears. I have In Control and the dry down is almost identical, which is good because I'm almost out of it and it's kinda hard to find. Amber Romance will be a suitable replacement. Rich, warm, seductive and sweet, this is awesome for the cooler months and date nights with your honey. Be prepared for compliments too. Oh, and the lasting power is terrific!

goingblonde
goingblonde

A rich sweet scent.

Nice enough, but for me only to wear once in awhile or I start to dislike it.
think it is maybe just a bit too sweet sometimes depending on my mood.
But it is an enjoyable fragrance over all:)

MayaraFariasM
MayaraFariasM

It is sweet, clean, caramelized. And it smells very nice.I would say Im little bit sick of that. But it remains a good fragrance in my opinion.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

THE BEST VICTORIA'S SECRET SCENT EVER! :)
smells EXACTLY like Britney Spears "In Control Curious" perfume!

woolseywoo

I am beginning to develop a sour relationship with Victoria's Secret fragrances. I tried everything in the Fantasy line and Amber Romance was the only thing that made me smile. The fragrance was such a lovely, soft, and creamy amber. I was in love! However, the fragrance faded a few minutes later and died down to a powdery scent. So close to falling in love yet again :(

Lai91
Lai91

it's like spraying dessert all over your body! smells deliciously alluring, nobody will complain when u smells like a heavenly delicious yet sexy dessert!

woolseywoo

A little too sugary for my taste. It smells almost exactly like Vanilla Bean Noel by Bath and Body Works, which is also owned by Limited Brands. It has a very cupcake-like, artificial vanilla scent to it. I prefer Bath and Body Work's Warm Vanilla Sugar which smells more mature and has more depth to it (vanilla, basmati rice water, and coconut). Good if you are looking for a sweeter vanilla :)

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This smells really feminine in an aggressive way....in contrast to most of the other reviews I think this is strong. If you or anyone you know has allergies this could set them off. I wore this about a month ago and no one liked it. On my chemistry it is strong and powerful. It has great scillage. Especiallyayered.some men like this scent. My man hated it. Despised it....I couldnt get near him. I couldn't even stand myself in this scent. I think its my chemsitry. I habe smelled it on others and it smelled like heaven. On me it doesn't and my skin loves vanilla. I don't know if its the amber of the cherry or what but it is waaayyy too strong.as I said I know others who smell like heaven in this and others who smell not so good. So, try it out first. Is call this one of the strongest if not the strongest in the body care line at VS. This would not be recommended for a job interview....ever....its sexy but really forward and almost too in your face. Could work well for seduction if it matches your chemistry.

marydoan90
marydoan90

This is my go-to favorite scent! It's sweet, yet balanced out so that it's a perfect blend of vanilla and fruit.
Even though it's sweet, it's not overbearing or strong, so it's perfect for any age.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Really nice scent...I think this is more for the 20 and up crowd.
I liked it, but I gave it to my grandmother and she's much happier with it :)

aqua76239
aqua76239

OMG, this really takes me back-when I was a young lass of 19-20, I discovered VS fragrances and was wearing a lot of Pear Glace, Vanilla Lace and Amber Romance. So anytime I smell any of these scents, it takes me back to the "good ol'days" of my youth, lol:)
I still wear Amber Romance and its one of my favorite scents of all time. Its vanilla cream with hint of cherries and sprinkle of powdered sugar. Simply delicious! Its warm and cozy and would have been perfect for cool weather but I live in the tropics so alas, I have to save it for cooler days.
I have shower gel, cream and spray and layered this lasts all day on me. Out of VS products this is one of the longest lasting ones. This smells so good and I always get compliments on this!

shari.carroll3
shari.carroll3

This is the best of the VS range. The rest are ridiculous and unwearable. This is nice sprayed on clothes.

achristine82
achristine82

For someone who loves vanilla, this is great! I really loved it for a while when I was younger, but I am no longer into sweet vanilla scents. This is a very romantic smell tho, sweet vanilla meets sexy. I bought this for a friend of mine when it first came out and she loved it and so did her husband.

lol_kate
lol_kate

It is good for people who go outdoors alot, it keeps mosquitoes off you.

cheerio_888
cheerio_888

This is a wonderful scent, and I swear the vanilla in it makes it more yummy. I like wearing it during cold weather, but not during the summer. I felt like being toasted in vanilla one time as I was walking on a sunny and hot day.
Worn in the right season, this is a great perfume.

scarlettcroix
scarlettcroix

Of all of the fine fragrances that I own and have worn, this one has elicited the most comments. I have had people stop me in the super market to ask what fragrance I was wearing. It smells delicious on me for whatever reason. As I choose a fragrance for the day according to my mood, this one fits most of the time when I can't decide what mood I am in!

I really don't know whether I like this or not. It is very warm and creamy, and I can see how somebody would love this in colder weather. There is a lot of vanilla here which predominates, but there is also something else - something heavy and sweet and almost nutty. I don't think it's cherry or sandalwood, but maybe the blend is producing something unexpected. The sweetness is not a light fruity sweet, it's more of a deep sensuous sweetness. I think it could be appropriate for night time wear, in cold weather. I think it could be overwhelming if overapplied.

hey_im_christine
hey_im_christine

I have a lotion of this amber romance. The perfume smells great! But the lotion itself gave me an extreme headache! ugh! gosh! The scent is too strong, too much and loud. Now i hate this scent.

Rach1
Rach1

I love this fragreance~ Very warm and summary like Sensual Amber! Those were my 2 best scents until I ran into Christina's celeb perfume called "By Night" but i LOVE creamy things! They're always warm, relaxing and appealing.

Koukla190
Koukla190

I used to be obsessed with this fragrance! It was my signature scent all throughout high school. This was probably the scent that got me into warm, vanilla, ambery oriental perfumes. I've kind of outgrown it though. I branched out to Rapture, and now Dior Addict as my signature fragrances of this kind, but this one will always hold a special place in my heart! And I do still think it's pretty delicious smelling, though for some reason I felt it didn't last on me...even the edt, but maybe that's just me because other reviewers wrote that it lasts long. Victoria Secret just stopped offering the Secret Garden scents in EDT now though, don't know why...

egyptianproud

i want buy victoria's secret body splash and mist with big quantity but i want bring it to egypt with the safety datasheet...
is there anyone can help me????

egyptianproud

I want buy victoria's secret body splash and mist with big quantity but i want bring it to egypt with the safety datasheet...
is tyhere anyone can help me??

glamrose
glamrose

Love this during the cold season but can cause a headache in the summer months. Definitely for mature ladies and for those who love vanilla/warm scents.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A warm, only slightly powdery amber fragrance. A hint of vanilla and sandalwood, not much to it really, simple and pretty.

Zaleska
Zaleska

I have the body wash. Luscious fragrance, which stays for many hours. It has the sweetness, but it's also a smell of something clean. Don't know how to explain exactly, but I have the same sensation everytime I smell Samsara!

I think the perfect combination is washing yourself with Amber Romance Body Wash and after one or two sprays of Samsara. I like combinations, :)

Forget about Love Spell. Try this one.

stereomari
stereomari

I like this one, I wear it to go to work. I'd wear it all seasons. I like it, but I don't love it, so I won't buy another bottle. I think it's very easy to wear. I love the vanilla, but it's too powdery for me. It's warm indeed and sweet but in a good way. The sillage and the longevity are great on me. I can smell this all day, that's very good, because the bottle is huge. It'd be weird having to carry this in my purse to reapply the scent during the day. It's a great perfume, it just doesn't suits my personality very well.

edit: I can't smell any cherrys. :(

Update: My review is for the body mist. Sorry! =D

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

So very nice and safe. To me it's like an intro fragrance to those trying out vanilla fragrances. Sweeter than your average vanilla perfume but very feminine with a touch of masculinity, likely the sandalwood. I start wearing Amber Romance is September all the way through February. A word of warning: if you don't like cherry or woody notes then you won't like this.

JulieLadyBug122
JulieLadyBug122

I used to wear this every day and even have the Shampoo and Conditioner. This used to be my absolute favorite scent however, I wore it way too much and so it made me want to barf so I coudnt wear it for awile but I gave it a break and now it smells better than ever. This is one of Victorias Secrets Best Secret Garden Scents!

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

It smells like vanilla & cherry. It's really sweet! My mom and I absolutely L O V E this<3

9154mf
9154mf

It must just be me, as no one else has mentioned this, but this smells exactly like Revlon's Fire and Ice (which I also have and love)!! I mean exactly! I can't really smell cherry or creme anglaise, I just smell a sweet rich deep vanilla with some rooty sandalwood balancing out the sweetness. This is not a shy scent, I find it quite strong at first, which is great for an EDT. It is warm and sexy.
Ok after a few minutes this calmed down alot, the strength completely dissipated! Now it's like a soft skin scent.The sandalwood literally disappeared right before my nose, and now it doesn't smell like Fire and Ice anymore.

isil
isil

warm vanilla smell, powdery

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Today I've found another favourite of mine!!! I can notice the cherry note, but only at the beginning; then, it turns into a beautiful, warm, creamy, ambery-vanillic, somehow powdery scent, sweet into a very mature and cozy way. If you like scents as Sensual amber and Twilight woods (Bath & body works line), you will love this one! Oh, and I didn't found this cloying at all: if you use it with moderation, it will be a really pleasure even in the warmer months!

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Delicious, warm smell. I ordered the body mist online and sometimes even use it to spritz the corners of my room because it smells so good and gives me a cosy feeling. The body mist does last a long time on me and I was going to get the perfume but decided I don't really need to. My Mum adores the scent as well.

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

i really like those sweet notes contrasting the spicy ones.try it and you'll see i am right.

Kimi
Kimi

My friend suggested me this perfume coz I do a lot of online shopping. I purchased and did not like it at first but after sometime the smell was good, in fact great, I love it. It stays for long. Smell is warm, vanilla....great for those who like warm smell

millan
millan

I dont like it. It turns my stomach. i gave it to my daughter & I keep a distance from her. Try many times to like it but it makes me phisically ill!!

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

Is too sweet and I think this fragrance is very sweet, cloying that involves, as a mixture of eggs, sugar and vanilla essence! .. attempt to use it several times but only got a headache .. I think it's great for the winter days .. gave it to my mom who was very happy, I find it perfect for women aged 35 upwards.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is a soft, warm and comforting scent. For me this's a very inoffensive scent. It stay very close to the skin and last quite a while. I like it and I have nothing to complain about.

kyliecarefree
kyliecarefree

I tried to give this to my mom because I thought it didnt suit me, but she just scrunched up her nose at me and said it smelled like a cheap whore, lol! I think it smells a little cheap, too. This one's being returned.

This smells like vanilla with some extra sophistication thrown in. The creme anglaise is noticeable, rich, and creamy. Very nice for a cold evening out. I can really smell the juicy, sweet, black cherry. It gives the fragrance a fruity aspect without being sugary sweet. This is my favorite perfume of the VS line. Very luscious fragrance.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Amber romance is great for everyday winter wear. Comforting and different from VS`s usual fruity florals. The notes are Black cherries, creme Anglaise(fancy name for custard) and sandalwood. The opening is somewhat sharp with a tangy cherry note the most prominent,it then settles down quickly into this creamy vanilla with hints of sandalwood and black cherries served with lashings of creme Anglaise.

arg1971
arg1971

I gave this perfume to my teen daughter it smells so good on her. I used to like this but for some reason out grew this one but it is still ok

dina
dina

Very nice and warm vanilla, smells like more expensive oriental vanilla fragrances.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I am slightly obsessed with this one! When I wear it I use the body butter as well just to layer it a bit because Its rather light. Love love love!

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

I Really Love this smell its the best from their garden collection..I Remember being checked out at the super market and The cashier told me.I smell like sweet bread..lol thought that was sweet..it's verry warm,mellow sweet..

Carnelian
Carnelian

One of my all-time favorite perfumes. A sweet (not candy-sweet), slightly dusty-powdery (from the hint of sandalwood) and musky vanilla with just a touch of fruitiness. Yes, to me it has just a very slight synthetic, plastic smell (I think it's the cherry) but I don't mind it so much because it's a nice scent overall. Does not change that much during wear. It's of mid-range strength and wear, although it lasts pretty well on clothing! I wear this year-round. Inexpensive, but still really nice.

DissolvedGirl
DissolvedGirl

Very comforting and warm :) mostly smell the vanilla and sandalwood which make an amazing combination. i love love love this scent! except i can't wear it anymore since i wore it in high school and it would just bring up bad memories lol. awesomely cheap too about $9 a bottle. Would recommend this to any vanilla lover out there!

Cherub573
Cherub573

Soft, luscious, and sweet, but not sugary like candy. It's like a milky, powdery cherry, warm on the skin. Long-lasting and sensual.

I think it's a pretty distinctive fragrance and recognize it easily, but that's probably because I also wore it as my signature scent for a couple years. It's one of only two Victoria's Secret fragrances I've ever liked enough to purchase.

shaej7
shaej7

Dark Curls hit the nail on the head. This has also been my signature scent for years, as it is versatile enough to wear for a night out or everyday, year round. However, it's especially enjoyable in the cooler months--it's quite autumnal. I have received countless compliments on this from both men and women and they're always suprised it's not from a more exotic, expensive manufacturer. Many of the aforementioned descriptions I firmly agree with--comforting, sexy, alluring, warm & fuzzy--a unique combination, no? I absolutely love this scent and if it were to be discontinued, I'd stockpile my beauty drawers pronto.
P.S. Great scent for a romantic wedding day--good luck with the wedding and congratulations. :)

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Just received this perfume as a gift it is super long lasting and the smell is great. Lovely!

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

i sooo love this scent. For a while few years back it was my signature scent. I love the body butter too. I can smell the black cherry alot & a creaminess & it's soo sexy. I do not reach for it much anymore, but it reminds me of the excitement of the autumn season for me,especially in October. I'm getting married in October. This scent and October goes hand in hand to me. :)

lovable

I agree with falovalo. This scent is a very cozy and "comfortable" scent. It smells so delicious yet sexy.

falovalo
falovalo

Warm and fuzzy is the perfect way to describe this. It's sweet and has hints of cherry and vanilla, very comforting. I was expecting this to be childish, as I don't care for Love Spell, but was happily surprised. The lasting power and sillage is wonderful too. Another plus is it's price, being around $10 USD, it's extremely affordable.

karlee79
karlee79

WARM AND FUZZY, reminded me of Donna Karan cashmere mist a bit.

lovable

this is one of my favorites of the Secret Garden collection! It has the perfect amount of sweet notes and musk to make it that warm yet outgoing smell.

guest_guestTH
guest_guestTH

Amber romance is a deep sensual scent! Its sweet creamy and spicy. I really like this one alot though i must admit its one i only reach for on special occasions. I find it to be a bit intense, more suitable for nights on the town, dinner dates, weddings...Good stuff though!!!

nyoka
nyoka

This one is my hubbys all time fav.It lasts a long time on me but,i layer it with bath gel,lotion and cologne.Price is right,smells very sexy,and i love it to.A very pleasant amber.

putri
putri

a lil bit similar with vanilla lace, but this one has richer smell. very warm and inviting ;)

--revised-- the longevity is poor on me. dont know, maybe it doesnt match my body chemistry. too bad, because i like its warmness.

love_to_death_9
love_to_death_9

oh it is very nice!It is warm,sweet,very sexy smell.It smells lil bit like lipostic to my nose.I love it

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

A cold vanilla pudim scent. Sweet, sophisticated and alluring. One of the few scents by Victoria's Secret I enjoy.

Amber Romance by Victoria`s Secret 3.89 out of 5 based on 760 ratings and 133 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Amber Romance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Amber Romance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amber Romance by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amber Romance by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.