Designers » T-Z » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women

Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Body by Victoria is a sensual, stunning an ultimately fresh fragrance; an ultra-feminine and lush blend of water blossoms, orange flower and earthy musk. .

Top notes: mandarin, peach, raspberry leaf and water blossoms. Heart: orange blossom, ginger orchid, magnolia and lily of the valley. Base: musk, precious woods, sheer amber and orris root.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Body by Victoria was launched in 2012.

Raspberry Leaf Peach Mandarin Orange Water Lily

Magnolia Orange Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley Orchid

Musk Amber Woody Notes Orris Root

Body by Victoria Fragrance Reviews

CocoKat
CocoKat

Ive been wearing this a lot (the edp) because its light and refreshing and good for the summer. A lot of males have been stopping to ask me what I wear and complimenting me, more than any other fragrance I own. its insane. This perfume is manbait pure and simple. Its just the edp, I don't get stopped with the body mist.

Amal_Alz
Amal_Alz

You really can't hate this perfume ! (Unless you dislike sweet citrusy scents).

I love the simplicity of this perfume: its sweetness, freshness, and even the color of the fluid. They could've come up with better bottle packaging though.

For those of you who love this frag, I highly recommend Mont Blanc's "Legend Pour Femme." <3

Soie
Soie

Haven't smelled this latest version of Body by Victoria, but, going by its notes, it's much more fruity and sharp in comparison to the original Body by Victoria, which, to my nose, was more of a "clean skin" scent and featured notes of mimosa, mandarin orange and freesia; peony, lily, cucumber and hyacinth; sandalwood and musk.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just got this and I really love this. The advertising says it is sensual and fresh, and I find it to be both. It's probably a great summer scent, due to it's overall freshness. I'm wearing it in winter and it's nice then too. I find longevity and sillage to be about the same as most Victoria's Secret perfumes, meaning it would be nice if it wore a lot longer. I probably get a few hours off this scent before I need to reapply. I got it at the semi annual sale for 75% off, so I don't mind reapplying. I think the bottle is unique and pretty also. Plus I love that the liquid is pink.

Update: I loved this so much that I actually bought a back up bottle. The longevity is a little better than I originally thought also. This is easily one of my favorite perfumes.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

Such an amazing smelling perfume - smells so good , fresh , clean , citrus , classy. Wonder why its discontinued ?? It's sucha perfect everyday perfume - Bad decision to discontinue this perfume Victoria's Secret !!

Beautiful_Latina
Beautiful_Latina

I love this perfume my husband likes this one more then the London new bond by VS you can most deffently smell the orange blossom citrus smell very good combination of all the notes if you like citrus perfumes you would enjoy this fragrance =)

goldenlight83
goldenlight83

This is a nice floral, citrusy smell. I like this because has a warm undertone eventhough floral. This smells good and would wear it as an everyday perfume.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Smells nice n fresh. Powdery orris root mingles with orange blossom with a touch of Honeyed peaches. Breezy and fun. Suitable for warmer months.

Pekz23
Pekz23

i have the Mist...I LOVE IT!!! too bad they don't have this in India..

juliaten
juliaten

I was doubting about a thumb up or down. I`ve read all the other reviews and I see you guys like this smell. Well, it`s a fresh smell, but too sweet for me. I love fresh, light, not overwhelming perfumes. This one is okay. I doubt I`ll buy it again. I have to say it`s hard for me to find a smell I like because most of pefumes smells either annoying or give me a headache. But I probably rather like this fragrance than don`t. So, thumb up here.

slobberchops
slobberchops

got this in the body mist version and I like it,its fun fruity and clean,its quite strong and has good silage and lasts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not sure its a keeper as I like to only keep those I adore but this is yummy,think it would be perfect for warm days,shopping,chilling and going to bed as its not overpowering x,

colorblindlove

Just wanted to let everyone know that this fragrance is still available for purchase on the VS website, along with the lotion and body spray :)

shaunnadeamo
shaunnadeamo

I was given this as a gift and although I like the scent I was quite disappointed by the tackiness of the bottle. A perfume I might wear during the day in summer.

jennygirlsmile
jennygirlsmile

I liked this perfume but I smelled something familiar to me it smells like "FRUIT LOOPS" when the dry down hits,it's still a good perfume but just not for me. :(

TilasProdigy
TilasProdigy

This fragrance is unique and sweet. It is clean and citrus. Almost an airport smell.
--------------
Fragrance review 9/10

lovece7
lovece7

This, to me, smells like body lotion. Just plain ole' body lotion. I don't get any of the references others are getting. I've tried it a few times hoping it will grow on me, but it's just the same smell of lotion. *sigh* No thanks.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

It appears that this fragrance is already getting discontinued...

Body By Victoria is a nice fragrance, light and with slight citrus and in the opening, soft orange blossoms, and before long fades to an almost nothing light musk. Hard to make any negative comments. This is the kind of scent that would be good during hot weather, I think, because it is light and pretty refreshing.

As nice as it is, that is really all it is - not great, nothing to rave about. I really don't think VS is losing a ton by removing this perfume from their lineup - it isn't unique enough to warrant the shelf space, even if it is nice enough to wear.

If you are interested in trying this one out, though, buy it now while it is on major sale. I did, as I have been looking for a light frag to round out the summer day perfume wardrobe, but would not have gone out of my way to buy it at full price.

lara.vuckovich
lara.vuckovich

This is a very nice, fresh fragrance that isn't overpowering and lasts pretty long. A lot of people seem to like it, however it has gone to 50% off at the store I work in along with the Limited Edition stuff, so I fear that they might be discontinuing it already :/ If they do, I think the reason behind it is the confusion with the original Body ('The Fragrance') and this one.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The citrus is really bright and fresh in this. Then sweet peach and berries, with some light florals and woods. Muskier than most of VS's current offerings. The dry down is warm and comforting.

kathy_g
kathy_g

Im not a huge fan of VS fragrances line, but this caught me off guard when i wandered in VS store just to spend a couple of min. This "Body" is totally different from typical VS fruity/powdery/sweet waters. Body is has nice fresh and sensual voile..its sexy, intriguing and uplifting. Reminds me Ferragamo's Incanto line like Shine or Heaven..

Ninula
Ninula

very very citrusy at the beginning - and the drydown is very woody to me. a nice adding to the collection though.

amandarilla
amandarilla

I love this perfume! A couple years ago it was all I would wear, day in and day out. I received so many compliments and people constantly asking what perfume was I wearing. It made me feel confident and sexy! Love it!!

I can smell mostly citrus and some sharp flowers. I think this has a note of bitter grapefruit, which isn't listed, but it may be the combination of mandarin and one of the floral notes. It reminds me somewhat of Bombshell, but not really, this is a bit sweeter. I like this better than Bombshell, although I don't love it.

Tovah
Tovah

I like this latest version, but I did not like the original "Body", (now called "The Fragrance"). The original was too aquatic for me, and I don't wear aquatic well at all. This is a bright, peachy, orange-blossomy version that's delightful. If you're looking for a fresh, reasonably-priced orange blossom scent for spring, give this a try! I have it in body spray format, which lasts on skin about 4 and a half minutes. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of edp, and maybe even bath gel. This is similar to Bombshell, as others have noted, but with Bombshell I smell berries where there's orange blossom in Body. (Off topic, but was anyone else confused when Body by Burberry started competing with Body by Victoria? Personally, I think Victoria has a better Body.)

christa.self.5
christa.self.5

Upon first spray, all I can smell is orange blossom. After months of having to smell this on a nearly daily basis, that's still all it smells like. There's little complexity to it. Very fresh, however. Clean.

The original Body By Victoria has now been dubbed "Body By Victoria: The Fragrance" and is not being discontinued. This Body By Victoria is dubbed "Body By Victoria: The Eau de Parfum".

aqua76239
aqua76239

At first I thought it was the same scent in the different bottle but this is slightly different. I am saying slightly because original was clean fresh almost soapy scent and this one is still clean smell but more of a citrusy clean. While its supposed to be a new scent, once again, this is very simular to other scents that VS already has. Some people said it reminded them of Bombshell-it does, it has some simular notes. It smells nice but once again, very simular to other fragrances that VS already has. Lasting power is bad as usual-less than 30 min on paper strip.
I don't know what has happened with VS creative team-its like they took a vow NOT to produce anything but generic fragrances that are barely distingushable from one another.

karenrobert
karenrobert

FRESH is what I pick up from this fragrant. It does smell like other perfumes I have smelled before hence it's not that unique. However, it is still a wonderful fresh clean , light, airy, fun, breezy, summery, happy fragrant. It smells slightly similar to VS London. I don't pick up any acrid or sharpness in this fragrant. Unlike many other VS fragrants that are excessively sweet, this one isn't. I find most of the Angels perfumes are more acrid and sharp compared to Body. Bombshell is a lot sweeter than Body. Tease has more of a creamy fatty undertone compared to Body. I am not sure how to describe it besides the fact that it's non offensive , refreshing, and probably easy to wear. I didn't detect any head ache. It's definitely an above average scent and could possibly become a popular fragrant. When it dries down, it has a soft natural powdery scent. I would buy it if it happens to be at the VS semi annual sale. Not sure if I would pay full price.

almarie
almarie

This is an ok scent. I smelled it today and I definitely like it better than the first Body fragrance, but it's nothing to write home about. Very typical of V.S.

nearfantastica
nearfantastica

To me?? This is "Cool Water" in 3D, where you can smell EVERYTHING in the water, the flowers, the plants, the pieces of wood drifting along, the flowers along the shore, the air, the piece of fruit you are munching on whilst taking the scent all in.... I LOVE IT!!!!! I am not much for Cool Water as to me it is very masculine and bland. This, however, is beautiful!!!!! xoxo

Tas33
Tas33

To me this is very similar to Bombshell, but maybe a little bit of a softer scent. I personally like Bombshell better. This is a nice scent though.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Victoria Secret Body by Victoria is fresh, sweet, and citrusy! Orange flower and sweet mandarin with clean musk and subtle hints of raspberry and peach to a dry down of light woods and water blossoms. This Body by Victoria is not like the original that was released back in 2002, they are different fragrances. The original was a crisp clean scent and this new version is sweet and citrusy. I really like them both!

galbgamary
galbgamary

I'm using the old version of The Body and the smell is very nice but it doesn't last on me though I brought the whole package the fragrance, the lotion, the mist! I'm very disappointed!

colorblindlove

This scent is not unique at all...it smells familiar to something else in the store...maybe bombshell and something else maybe?
Needless to say, I'm not impressed with this scent at all. I know this might be popular because most of my coworkers were all like "this smells so good" but I disagree.

EDIT 11/20/2012: I'm starting to really like this now! It's a nice clean fruity floral scent and I feel like I can wear this anytime of the day. I might end up purchasing this if I ever finish up my sample...or if this goes in the semi annual sale :) PS: This kinda smells a little like bombshell but I like this scent better and bombshell's more of a floral scent.

nixons1989
nixons1989

The old fragrance often referred to as the Body By Victoria Perfume, is actually labelled "The Fragrance," "The Body Mist," or "The Body Lotion." The new line is considered "Body By Victoria." I do not believe that this launch will result in the discontinuation of the original fragrance, and both are being sold in VS stores currently.

As for the perfume, I have not noticed any issues on longevity, although I have layered the perfume with the matching lotion every time I have worn it so far.

As for comparing it to other VS perfumes, it is very different from the original "The Fragrance" in that it is not just a fresh scent. The new scent is more similar in kind to Bombshell, in that it is the common fruity/floral scent VS rolls out so often. But it does not remind me of Bombshell particularly. The orange blossom reminds me more of the Limited Edition 'Incredible Daring' that I really loved, so I think this is a nice alternate for those disappointed about that one being discontinued.

sweetgirl

@SNOWFERRE...YEAH , IT stays for only and hour and then it fades..its nice though..good spring scent

snowflurree
snowflurree

I tried this in the store and loved it. I agree with Fumelover about the VS perfumes, mists, lotions etc. seeming to have been watered down. I just took back a whole set of Coconut Passion because it literally had "no" scent to it. Got my money back because I wanted to read the reviews of the Body line of VS first on here before I went and bought the Body scent. Does anyone know if this scent "lasts" or does it dissipate early on after it is applied.

sweetgirl

This is a total new scent and not at all like the "old body by Victoria , This is fresh and pretty scent , But Smells just like Vs BOMBSHELL In the end result , nice but if u have that scent , pass! Vs has to do better or the company will bore customers in the future , too many scents and too many that smell the same! Lol

fumelover
fumelover

Haven't smelled it yet but you can still get the old version online along with the new. I imagine the old will be discontinued though since they have the exact same name.

I hope this new one lasts as long as the original. All of the VS perfumes these days seem so watery to me.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I hope not! I really hope they didnt reformulate the old Body By. I loved it. It had great longevity too..all their new scents wear for about 5 minutes!!! AnD I also like the old bottle better.

Ronna
Ronna

Is this a new version?

Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret 4.03 out of 5 based on 115 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Body by Victoria fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Body by Victoria, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.