Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women

Body by Victoria Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

ozonic

Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Body by Victoria was launched in 2002. Top notes are mimosa, mandarin orange and freesia; middle notes are peony, lily, cucumber and hiacynth; base notes are sandalwood and white musk.

Mimosa Mandarin Orange Freesia

Sung Spa

Body by Victoria Fragrance Reviews

Avarie
Avarie

Light, musky floral. Not overly musky, I think. I once received the lotion of this from an aunt while we were attending my cousin's wedding in Vegas. Upon my first trial, it truly smelled like baby lotion to me, but the "baby lotion" scent amped up a little for a woman. I thought it was nice, but eventually I grew tired of the scent. I had a hankering to go back to it a few months later, so I picked up a mini bottle of body spray at VS. It is still the same clean smell, but a little less of the baby lotion smell found in the spray. It also reminds me of Las Vegas now. I like this scent because it's not the typical fruity fare. It's a clean scent that stands on its own. My only peeve about the spray form is that if I go a little overboard or don't let the scent settle in, I get this metallic or perhaps chemical taste in my mouth that occurs, a lot of the time, when I sniff floral fragrances a tad too much. It's not really an alcohol smell, but I think it has more to do with the floral or woody notes. It's usually that sensation that causes me to grow tired of the scent more easily. it's a shame because I adore flowers, but synthetic replicants will have to do. Just because it is a lighter scent doesn't mean one should shower in it...

novembertea
novembertea

This one is the closest I've ever come to a signature fragrance. I have used the EDT of this fragrance since I was 17 or so. It can seem powdery right out of the bottle, but let that dry down a bit and you get a sharp green floral that is very clean-smelling, with a light musk. It is true that men love this one! Men always would say how good I smelled when I wore this. I finally picked up a another bottle and I can't wait to re-commence wearing this fragrance daily again. This EDT has the best longevity of any I've ever worn. I've smelled it on myself 12 hours after spraying, or more. It depends on the weather I think. I just love this one.

lovelylady
lovelylady

Strikes me as something a 25 to 30something year old lawyer would wear when she is not defending clients in court.

shalita87
shalita87

Soft, but noticeable fragrance. The Body smells very clean, but it still has a seductive side to it.

e31g
e31g

A coworker of mine told me I smelled like a tropical rain forest when wearing this...not sure if I agree exactly? The cucumber does gives it a watery aspect and the sandalwood and mandarin are what save this from being a typical floral scent in my opinion, making it smell fresh, clean and slightly sweet. I am normally not attracted to florals but this is definitely a great blend, I smell the florals with the first spritz but luckily on me they do not dominate. I have two tips; first, VS uses this scent for their laundry detergent, which smells amazing as well. Second, I bought the body mist version which smells identical and has the same (limited) staying power as the perfume but costs less.

Ayola83
Ayola83

Although I love this scent, and have smelled it over the years, I think I got a bad test/batch of it (late last year), it didn't smell anything like I remember it. But it was definitely very fresh, clean, and alluring and did well for me in the spring and summer when I wore it, but sat close to the skin on me. And the compliments were nonstop! I turned a few co-workers on to it (and it smelled great on them too).

If you can remember the lingerie line that went alongside it, this perfume had it going on! Natural/naked (or the perception of it anyway), no frills, sumptuously inviting with no fuss. I remember my brother asking me for the scent and buying it for his girlfriend, and she liked it too!

This is a soft musky floral, smells very clean and soapy, in a fresh laundry kind of way. There is something pure and innocent about this scent. I can’t see anyone being offended by this. I think it would be a good choice for outdoors, casual occasions, and daytime wear. I think this will always be a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.

juliaten
juliaten

Not for me... I didn`t like this smell, it smells like a cheap fragrance from a Dollar Store. But if you like musky floral smells, this one is for you.

Mothheela
Mothheela

I really love this perfume because it's the only perfume that I'm comfortable to wear in my house and bedroom knowing that I'll be so close to my man; for hrs! I want him to enjoy my smell rather than embarrassingly overwhelm him with strong smells! He told me himself that he loves it so that's enough for me! This is the only perfume I like in Victoria's Secret because it's unique in it's own way and I never smelled a perfume that is close to it or similar to it! I don't like candy, fruity, and sweet smells because they just give me headache!

glitterglass
glitterglass

I agree heartily with all the "men love it" comments; something of an aphrodesiac. I also agree with falovalo that it's great in warm weather. It starts off strong and assertive, very floral, a burst of white heat; then it burns off to this luscious lingering musk for the drydown. It drove a former boyfriend mad (though he was a bit mad to begin with). He used to go wild when I spritzed it on that summer; I distinctly remember one evening sitting in front of the blue haze of the TV when he growled something about how good I smelled, cursed under his breath, kissed my neck and then noted the goosebumps that sprung up under his lips.

I don't know much yet about frangrance notes, but peony and freesia sound very right to me for those assertive main notes. I have to pair this thread's buzzword "clean" with "strong;" maybe this impression comes from growing up in a household with very fragrance-averse parents ("what is that crap you're wearing?! Open a window!"), but I am a fragrance lover and this one just oozes confident sex appeal. It's not suggestive, it doesn't hint at anything; it TELLS you flat out, but that sharp clean gleam rubs sunburned shoulders with intoxicating florals. I've fashioned myself as an indie scent girl in recent years, but I may have to hunt down a bottle of Body stat.

stacia79
stacia79

Soapy shampoo florals swimming in a bath of cucumber musk water. This really smells like I'm not wearing perfume but just got out of the shower and have traces of shampoo and soap lingering on my skin. This would probably be a good fragrance for hot summer days. Much like the Body by Victoria line of lingerie, this is simple, no frills, get the job done but look good doing it.

alycat
alycat

Fresh, clean and ultimately a little boring. Sadly this is the only fragrance of mine my now-husband has really liked. I wasn't crazy about the cucumber. It's inoffensive but not for me.

josy_infante
josy_infante

WOW! Everyone on here seems to like this scent. That's wonderful, cuz it's one of my favorites too. Feminine, fresh and clean scent, an everyday, everywhere kinda-scent.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I bought this mainly because I was watching a perfume collection video and the speaker's bottle of THE FRAGRANCE was empty dry. All her other fragrances are still full and she seemed to really, really like this one. I was intrigued and bought a bottle. WOW! it smells really green but settles to this very neat slightly floral musky scent that is just addictive.

I am so impressed. I bought another bottle after a full day of using it. It was impulsive yes, but i have a feeling I will buying again and again and again. It reminds me of Pur Blanca minus the headache-y part. Lasting power is very good too.

Update: I have both the BODY MIST and the FRAGRANCE. I like the body mist more as it is fresher and greener. The FRAGRANCE is muskier and heavier. But since it is very rare in my country, I'd probably buy whatever form I see first.

After I clumsily broke my bottle of the BODY MIST, I feel like hibernating for weeks. It's nasty that I have countless of bottles here and I broke a favorite that is now so hard to find. Bummer.

christa.self.5
christa.self.5

Light maybe, but on the initial first spray in that nearly aerosol-cannish repackage they call an EDP bottle it is very overwhelmingly strong, very musky with the top notes mingling in the very very strong initial base musk.

Fun fact: VS also scents their hair care and lingerie wash/dryer sheets with this fragrance. I much prefer the dryer sheets to the actual EDP.

This scent does not smell good as a dry shampoo...yuck.

annasmells
annasmells

Fresh & sophisticated for Victoria's Secret, which cranks out a new, below average fragrance every other week. I didn't think "floral" at first but that's what it is. Men like it. Most would like it for everyday wear. Makes me sneeze.

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

I LIKE BODY!!! SMELLS FRESH AND CLEAN!!! THIS IS DEF. A SCENT THAT SHOULDN'T OFFEND ANYONE. :)

megancya
megancya

To me, this is a much older scent. It almost smells grandma-ish to me. Nothing that i would expect from Victoria Secret. I got a sample, and I will definitely not be repurchasing. Reminds me of sitting on my grandma's lap, not something that I want to portray. Maybe i'll buy it when I'm 50 years older...lol

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Victoria Secret Body by Victoria is a clean, light musk. Soft white musk, fresh peony, crisp cucumber and a hint of freesia. It’s a very casual floral great for everyday wear. Once I saw that they recently released a new version of Body by Victoria (which smells nothing like this fragrance) I knew I had to snatch it up before it becomes discontinued!

goldennotion
goldennotion

This smells like a clean white towel wrapped around my clean showered yet damp body, with the sunlight gleaming through the window while my husband kisses my neck. It is fresh, clean, yet sensual and feminine. A very versatile scent that can dress up yoga pants or pair nicely with jeans or a cotton sundress. One of my favorites.

Body by Victoria is a fresh and wearable scent, great for days at the gym or for whenever you want that clean and crisp feeling. Essentially, this is one of those fragrances that imitate the sensation of just stepping out of the shower.

This is one of the better scents from Victoria's Secret, one that I don't mind wearing myself. Other than soapy lily, peony and freesia, Body by Victoria has a gorgeous watery cucumber accord that really freshens up the composition. On the skin, this blend is invigorating and feminine.

For me personally, Body by Victoria is a sporty fragrance. I'm not likely to be found wearing it to any formal event or dinner dates. It's very casual and laid-back in its approach, which is a quality that I like. Sometimes it's good to relax with a scent that puts you at ease. Once settled, this fragrance is guaranteed not to offend.

The drydown is a smooth and likable blend of soap and musk. So far, so good. The sillage is just about perfect, not too invasive and the longevity is great, just about six hours worth of wear.

I'll keep it short. Not much needs to be said of Body by Victoria. It's very straight-forward. I'm impressed.

Dmarie0218
Dmarie0218

White musk, peony and cucumber dominate this scent. Very clean, mild scent. Lots of compliments and tends to become more musky as the day goes by. I've kept this scent in my lineup for 12 years as it is always a safe go-to perfume for a light day of errands or shopping.

zulukline
zulukline

I agree it smells clean, I have the body spray and the bottom cracked so I have to flip it so it won't leak everywhere! This scent is kind of strong IMHO, and it's lasting power is somewhat surprising considering VS is notorious for scents that last less than an hour. I don't think I'd wear this everyday, it's too sporty and too fresh (is that even possible?) for me, I enjoy fruitier scents. I do however spray this onto my hairbrush and on my hair it smells almost sweet, so it's great as a hairspray!

fobia
fobia

Smells very clean... definitely has one of those just out of the shower scents because it reminds me of some type of soap I use to use probably as a kid... though I can't recall what it is. It brings me back to memories of childhood when everything smelled clean (but not overly fragrant) ..and there is also some type of floral scent that stands out. It's pleasant and I would recommend it for every day use especially in the spring, but it doesn't stand out so much to me.

chio17
chio17

My hubby loves this on me...he said it smells like fresh like just got out from the shower, very clean scent....just beautiful...I'll never get tired of it...and since it smells like my glow, I'm gonna get that one someday once I deliver my baby on October because it's very angelic and lovely smell :)

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Not for me. To teenny bop and smells like alot of other teeny bop stuff. I was hoping for that sex smell people were speaking of but. Nope, just got a typical cheap scent smell. At least on me:)

Josefyn
Josefyn

Exelente fragancia para el dia, fresca, duradera (tanto sobre la piel, como sobre la ropa), perfecta para la oficina. No es mi fragancia favorita, pero es exelente. Ahora bien, en cuanto a la presentacion, La botella es bastante simple.

Excellent fragrance for the day, cool, durable (both skin and on clothing), perfect for the office. Not my favorite fragrance, but is excellent. Now, in terms of presentation, the bottle is quite simple.

Jinxy32906
Jinxy32906

very springy and light a must have for just wearing to the gym or around the house. nothing fancy just cute.

Narmis
Narmis

Love to spritz this on when i'm on the go, absolutely adore the fresh lively scent!

yogibear
yogibear

Omg, this is the besttttttahhhh victoria secret scent besides heavenly

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This smells like strong soap/laundry detergent to me...no sale.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Another reviewer hit this one right on the nose: this smells like sex (and not in a gross way but in a good way). Incredibly sexy. This is a man magnet. I've worn this out to bars and clubs and it's amazing the reaction from men. It's non-stop, "Dang, you smell goooooooood." An attention getter for sure. Fresh, clean, sensual and very come-hither.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Yes, very similar to Avons Pur Blanca!
I love this one, I think its better than Pur Blanca even though I liked that one too.
It reminds me of cucumbers, maybe lemon, orange ..
Very night, I have a small size one, will buy a large one soon :)

beautyfan
beautyfan

very similar to Pur Blanca by Avon..

debbiepaints
debbiepaints

I am addicted to this scent and have been for years. When I run out I get panicked. I love the smell, Fresh, Clean, Sexy, Floral, just delicious. Nothing else in the world smells as good as far as I'm concerned.

twillocks
twillocks

It is ok but will not buy again. I don't usually like VS perfume the only one I have found that I like is Rapture. Seems the others all smell similar ??

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

love this scent! i have the body spray. so fresh and light and uplifting; perfect anytime. My boyfriend has actually said "you smell good" in this. It's rare I get a compliment from him on my perfumes.

cac2584
cac2584

Love this scent! For staying power, try layering it with the body wash and lotion. The body wash and lotion are pretty expensive ($20), but VS has been doing those Secret Rewards cards which can help when you need to stock up! That's what one of the employees recommended to me, which ended up being a good idea.

lavender sage
lavender sage

I love when I first spray this scent - it is so fresh and feminine. It lasts maybe 15 minutes on me though... Using the lotion makes the scent last a little longer but at $20 a bottle, it's not a very budget-friendly habit for me to get into.

MDWake8
MDWake8

This is my casual need to feel clean scent. I am a sucker for white musk.

la_beba
la_beba

I have the body mist version. It is nice, fresh & clean scent, like after shower fresh but all day long :)

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This is a very clean, fresh scent. For my lazy, stay-at-home days I'll spritz this on after the shower to continue that clean scent going on all day.

Merri
Merri

I love this! It stays very clean smelling, the drydown may be a little warmer sandlewood than at first spray but it really doesn't change much on me. The body mist is almost as long lasting as the perfume btw. It always gets compliments too.

Memi_La
Memi_La

I really like this one , it's long lasting but not over powering. It smells very clean and fresh. The opening notes are refreshing and playful and the dry down is feminine and alluring. Very nice for everyday wear.

aerislina
aerislina

The first time I described this scent, he looked at me with wide eyes and said, "...This is what you smell like everyday." It was pretty embarassing because this is what I told him:

This smells like sex on hot summer days, sex in the shower and the beach, and pretty much sex everywhere!

I don't know why, but there's something alluring and invitingly sexy about this scent. Intoxicating and pleasant. Almost hypnotic!

It isn't for teenagers because it is far too mature and risque, but rather the young adult blooming into life - the prime time of life when everything is new, refreshing and inevitably exciting.

guest_Ina
guest_Ina

I absolutely love this fresh scent. I always go to expensive department stores and buy all the brand name designer perfumes,only to return them and go back to vs to get the body perfume because i realize that this is my absolute favorite i love this simple clean scent the best. So I always run to vs and get the body perfume.

It is now my signature scent, and I love how fresh it is, it's perfect for spring and summer. and its very sexy on my skin.

LeahDL
LeahDL

Every time I wear this, I smell like a sexpot. Love it!

rainydays
rainydays

Definitely a clean, fresh, just-out-of-the-shower smell. Of course that's always nice, but I always like my perfume to smell interesting and different... not like soap. If you like the soapy smell, go for it! I, however, ended up giving this one away.

BODY by Victoria's Secret is a clean and refreshing, lightly fruity floral with a somewhat soapy, musky but still clean drydown. This edp has good longevity but stays close to the skin. The cool quality makes it ideal for summertime.

To my nose, BODY is very similar to SEXY LITTLE THINGS, but while the latter includes detectable apple, the former features cucumber. Both of these notes contribute to the cool quality of the fragrances. SLT has a slighty metallic tinge that BODY lacks, but anyone who likes SLT will like BODY and vice versa. And those who shun soapy drydowns will want to avoid both.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

really clean preppy american scent. for some reason it reminds me of every time i've been shopping in abercrombie and fitch.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

a lovely everyday, fresh, feminine, makes-you-smell-clean scent,, have it in your boudoir,, you ll need to wear it on a fresh spring or summer morning, great with the body lotion layer, ultra feminine and sexy,, !!!

guest_godsent
guest_godsent

a keeper. keeps men wanting to be near you, and women wanting to know your secret. love this scent. love. love. love.

guest_Lala<3
guest_Lala<3

its simply my favorite unfortunatly i ran out, i got a compliment on my crush for 4 years i was very in need to get this again

falovalo
falovalo

Clean and fresh and fresh and clean. At first it smells of oranges, then you get lily. Very nice and sexy. Great for warm weather.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This fragrance is so fresh & sexy!
I get so many compliments when i wear it.I recently found out VS has a hair product line called so sexy which smells exactly like this perfume I was so excited.Definately a must have fragrance!

knics33
knics33

I love this scent- it is very fresh and clean. It has a powdery note that is so comforting. Also, the body splash version is pretty concentrated- more like an EDT. This is the best VS scent IMO. Overall, I give it an A.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

This is my go-to fragrance for when I can't decide on what to smell like. It's very clean, fresh and very feminine. VS hair products smell similar to this, and I get compliments all the time on the scent of my hair.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

I'm no longer a fan of this scent, but I do think it is an appropriate every day fragrance for people who do like it. This scent stays close to the skin, so that it does not become too loud of a scent for the people around you. It smells too much like soap for my taste, but if you like soapy florals that are a bit citrus and woodsy, give this a shot.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I agree, this one is perfect for every day wear, it's a very pleasant light smell. Bit like a showergel fragrance though.

FICKLESNICKLEFRITZ
FICKLESNICKLEFRITZ

Love this fragrance! Light, sexy, feminine.

Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret 4.13 out of 5 based on 307 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Body by Victoria fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Body by Victoria, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Body by Victoria by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.