Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Breathless Victoria`s Secret for women

Breathless Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Breathless by Victoria`s Secret is a Floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Annie Buzantian. The fragrance features sandalwood, pomegranate blossom, mandarin orange and neroli.

Sandalwood Pomegranate blossom Mandarin Orange Neroli

Bijan Wicked

Breathless Fragrance Reviews

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I just smelled this today. My friend had it in her purse and let me spray it at work just because we both like scents.
I think its better than a lot of VS perfumes which sometimes smell artificial to me. Nice citrus and something peachy. Love Spell is supposed to be peachy but this comes across in a more natural fresh peach smell rather than artificial peach flavored candy.
I don't see the comparison to Glow. Glow is very sharp but this is more laid back.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Blind buy…good one! Very orangey and clean smelling. It takes more than a couple sprays for it to last on me. I am not getting the smell of J Lo glow from it as some people have said. It seems more citrusy to me than that. Great, happy, uplifting scent!

jmh2011
jmh2011

I used to have this fragrance a looong time ago. I also liked it a lot back then. I only had a smaller size then. I do want to pick up another bottle because it is a very different scent for me but I do like that about it. It's pretty strong, and lasts quite awhile. A couple of spritz will go along way!

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I just got back from the VS semi annual sale and there was huge bins of this one at 65% off. I asked a VS girl if I could smell one, she opened box and spritzed card for me. Well, it was nice on card, then I asked can I spritz on me? Of course! So did, then about 5 minutes later the dry down was so weird/strong smelling, could barely stand it! I can't even describe the scent. Windex maybe? No wonder there are huge boxes of this perfume left. I think they better mark it down to 90% off to get rid of it, because I didn't see a whole lot of people buying it. It definately pays to try on your own skin rather then trusting the scent on one of those cards!

Update: ok so I have had the card sitting around on my dresser and kept getting a whiff of something good. It was that card! OMG I may have to re-think this one and go back to VS and try again. I smells very familiar to one I use to have-Jlo Glow, which I loved! Fresh clean scent for spring and summer. I'm thinking when I sprayed it on me the first time, I sprayed over top of an exsisting one, which in turn gave off funky scent. Hmmm I will return to VS today, and will update again later.

New update: so I picked up a bottle of this at VS today for about $17. I tried tonight just one spritz on my arm, and OMG so strong at first spray. Then it dries down to a clean/soap smell. STRONG soap smell, almost suffocating. It does remind me of JLO glow, but this one seems way stronger to me. (I use to own JLO Glow) I was sitting at my computer and my eyes and lips were actually burning from the smell. I'm am starting to see why they call it "Breathless" as I felt complete suffocation, and nausea. I finally scrubbed my arm twice with dawn dish soap and still smell it! It's way too strong scent for me. I wrapped perfume back in box and got ready to take to VS tomorrow, and I could smell it still in my bedroom! I had to remove entire bag out of my bedroom. I prefer the So In Love from VS I got yesterday MUCH MUCH more. Way softer and way more wearable. This one unfortunately is going back asap! Hey at least I tried.

BTW-my husband did not like it, neither did my 9 yr old daughter. Honestly I don't know how someone could wear this.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I honestly don't have too much to say about this perfume, because of how simple it smells. This isn't a bombastic or complicated scent; it's simple and clean scent that's very wearable. It's feminine, but not overly girly.

Basically, this fragrance smells citrusy, floraly, and soft. The notes of the neroli and the mandarin orange offer a juicy and light quality to the perfume, while the pomegranate blossom adds that white floral touch of a subtle powdery quality to it. The sandalwood brings everything together, creating a smooth and soft woody drydown. Overall, Breathless smells very clean and soapy. It's a demure perfume that's perfect for daytime wear and perfect for the Spring and Summer.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

This perfume has a a very lovely citrus smells. When I smell it there is no way not to think of spring. It is very femenine and pretty.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Fresh, clean, light and fresh. I love it! Good for summer or spring. It's citrusy and floral. It does smell similar to Jlo Glow, but I like this one better because it smells fresher. I bought it at the semi annual sale in Jan at VS. It has moderate sillage and longevity.

papergurl
papergurl

Breathless is one of my top all-time VS scents. This is the same nose that did Sensuous, and Turquiose for that matter. I love this and have two back up lotions and two back up bottles from the semi-annual sale. Beach is good, and if you like that Coppertone "impression" check out Breathless. Breathless isn't photo realism, like I Hate Perfume's snapshot. Breathless is an impression of naked skin, sea breezes wafting, and warm sunshine warming your back after a shower when you have just gotten back from the beach. You are sitting in a lounge chair in the back yard drying your hair. This is what VS fragrances used to offer before every other fruity floral (don't get me wrong there are some good ones and I have my favorites, just that some were so beautiful) this is what a "nude" or "beach" fragrance aspires to be. Breathless is a lot of relaxed and happy for $22.

possumke
possumke

I had Breathless on my wishlist for a while since it has been compared to Glow (one of my favorite scents) as being very similar.
I took the plunge and ordered it online. When it finally arrived, I eagerly opened my much anticipated blind purchase, sprayed it on my wrist and thought...huh? where is it? I could hardly detect anything, I sprayed several more times, same thing, it is sooooo faint! and this is an EDP??
on me there is .... NO sillage, NO Longevity, and I am very disappointed that I can't detect any of the wonderful impressions that others here have described. BoooHooo :(

lovece7
lovece7

At first whiff, it smells horrible, but as time goes on it turns into the most beautiful scent. I mean...I couldn't stop smelling my wrist and thinking about the perfume all day! I'm so happy to be able to get this on sale at the SAS. I don't have anything like this in my collection and it's opening me up to some newer, cleaner scents. Others have mentioned it smelling like JLo Glow, but I've never smelled Glow so I wouldn't know.

This is a very clean, inoffensive scent. I love it!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Yes, this is very reminiscent of Glow, but not quite as "soapy". It definitely has a summery, sunny vibe - but there is something about it that conjures up more dusk imagery instead of mid-day: the sun is setting, painting the sky an orangey-red, heat still rising from sand and sun-kissed skin, faint traces of sunscreen, on the way to a beach bonfire, a kind of drowsy comfort... Subtly sensual. Really enjoyable and wearable!! Glad I own a bottle, hope to be able to stock up at the next SAS.

On me, this is nothing like Lolavie. I like Breathless much better. The neroli is very dominant. (Lolavie is all jasmine.) This is a very fresh and clean, almost soapy floral. It reminds me very much of JLo Glow.

astamm62
astamm62

Love this so beachy...Reminds me of Coppertone suntan lotion.

Princess
Princess

Yummy! so fresh and yummy clean smelling, if you dislike or find jlo glow boring, go for this!

Raina
Raina

I don't really quite know what to make of this to be honest. Can it be considered beachy? I guess. Is it clean smelling? Well, possibly.

At first spray all I got was a big punch of citrus. It stayed that way and as time went on the citrus slowly settles down and gradually fades. What's left is a chemical mix that could be called clean, but could also be called beachy by its similarity to the chemical smells in suntan lotion (and not the good coconut scented ones.) There's nothing sweet or overly floral, its just really chemical. Now as time fades I assume this is rather pleasant on the skin in a clean, suntan lotion, beach kind of way. Its both pleasant, and yet unpleasant.

It kind of baffles me because I do like beachy scents. But if ever there was a fragrance to remind you of all the harmful chemicals you're spraying onto your body this would be it. So a part of me is kind of repulsed by this.

Maybe I'll try it out again and see if it was just that particular day.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Just got it today. It is in the arena of jlow,jennifer aniston and that nice clean smell,beach and this has a hint of green. Nice,

exciter76
exciter76

Victoria’s Secret has a way of taking fragrant gems and trading them in for of-the-moment pop fads and diabetic-shock-inducing confections that last no longer than a year. I understand the company does have to expand and change as its age demographic expands and changes but too often they throw out the babe with the bath water. In this case Breathless is the precocious babe with much potential that got tossed on its rear to make way for something generic and sugar-berry scented.

At the start Breathless is a relatively authentic orange blossom-y fragrance amplified, thanks to a heavy dose of orange blossom (not listed), neroli, and citruses. Nice, but the same can be said about Sung, Henri Bendel Orange Blossom & Jasmine, Sanborn’s Orange Blossom Cologne and many, many more. Wait it out a few minutes and be rewarded with the most sensual—if not flat-out sexual—your-skin-but-infinitely-better musk. It’s reminiscent of J. Lo’s Glow. However, Glow incorporates the scent of freshly scrubbed naked skin, the towel that is wrapped around the naked skin, the dryer sheet that’s still attached to the towel, the moisturizer on the naked skin, the shampoo, the conditioner … to the point the wearer has forgotten about the naked skin. Breathless is about freshly washed naked skin, out of the shower without a towel, and a significant other who cannot keep his or her hands to themselves. It’s naughty and fun, as should be expected from Victoria’s Secret, purveyors of lacy, silky, sexy naughtiness.

Breathless is satisfyingly long-lasting and thank goodness for that; I love the subtle sweetness of my skin, but better, here. It leaves a sexy trail that will have many asking, “What is that bewitching scent?” I found myself catching whiffs of this scent, smiling, and feeling a million times sexier than I felt before I put this on.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Ok this is the first and only true beach scent for me. I don't smell any of the notes that are supposed to be in it, It smells like someone bottled up the beach. IT'S PERFECT. My perfect beachy summer scent. Reminds me of growing up in Florida. I am in love. I got a bottle on amazon for $25.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Nice classy scent. I wouldn't wear this myself but I would buy it for my mom or something.

lavender sage
lavender sage

I picked up a bottle of this today, along with the body lotion, because they were both 50% off. It looks like VS will be discontinuing this one and a couple of others soon (I saw "So In Love" on the half off display also). It's a light orange scent on me - not so much orange like the fruit, but the orange blossom flower. I wish that I had tried this one out sooner!

ExzaticMommy
ExzaticMommy

This by far is the most different smelling out of my Fruity/floral smelling fragrances. However, it is such a settle and really "Breathless" smell. Like, not uplifting, and not exactly calming...just peaceful and fresh. It does have a rather...soapy/Clean smell to it, NOT the kind of smell as bathroom sprays though...its way too...aromaticly fresh. I think its a cold weather smell if that make sense. Like cool breezes in the fall and winter when you have that hot sweater dress on and knee high boots. I feel like it "matches" my outfits better when I wear them as opposed to summer spaghetti straps. However, it would go nice on a nice cooler summer day...I can see a loose fitting top or dress, flowing in the breeze. So, in a nut shell, not for hot summer days, but nice cool or cold weather :)

allexa27
allexa27

really breathless!!!unique smell!the new realises from VS are not good at all,but the older ones like this one are great!

nush imogen
nush imogen

I just got this perfume for the first time, most of the reviewers say that its best for summer, but I think it's a little too heavy for summer or spring. Personally, it reminds me of warm fall nights. Smells sweet, clean and little bit like soap (not in a bad way), lasts long, the only thing I mind about it is that it doesn't smell "expensive" enough. I don't love it, but will wear it on occasion, good for both day and night.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

One of the only scents I've ever sniffed that left me with the feeling of not smelling...anything at all. There's a vague woodsy perfume dancing around the edges, but there's absolutely nothing in the middle except for a plasticky, cheap note. Strange. I normally steer clear of Victoria's Secret's perfumes--I got this free from my mom, who didn't like it either--and this confirmed why.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

This sure is the ultimate clean-straight from the shower-scent for an amazingly good price (75ml for not more than $45) !! Smells like an classical soap with natural citrus-oils and lots of magical linden (lime-blossom). Clean Clean Clean. The most perfect soapy clean scent i've tried. Fresh as early green summer. Clean like the waters of north. A summer-maiden in a white cotton-dress. Pure natural blonde beauty. Like the cleanest linen and cotton-laundry drying in the summer-winds. Very long-lasting too. This was given to me as a gift, i would never had bought it as my experiences with Victoria's Secret-line hasn't been the best (fruity teen-scents). This is like nothing else in their line - and for all ages!! Love it!!

Elsee
Elsee

This smells similar to the new Jennifer Aniston but brighter and lasts longer. Both "beachy" and both very different than most on the market today. Overall, good scent - if you can still find it. Happy Summer!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A winter warmer! I love the lushness of the sandalwood combined with the neroli. I find this is a sweet fragrance, but not sickly sweet - far from it. It has a lovely sweetness and has good longevity too.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

this smells like jlo glow!

817flowers
817flowers

I didn't like the scent at first and only bought it because it was a sale I couldn't resist - but after about 5 minutes I couldn't believe how wonderful it was. Seems to get better the longer you have it on.

danimcneil
danimcneil

i really do like this for a summer fragrance. It is intoxicating. There is large amounts of sun-screen scent in it. But more of a sun-drench beach day!

mochashel96@gmail
mochashel96@gmail

when i first tried it i did not like it, but the second time i tried it ,i realy finaly got it. it's love the second time around

guest_DresWifey
guest_DresWifey

I am soooo picky and this one is by far my favorite...I agree with Caosnmotion though the lotion and body wash are not the business, but the spray is so beautiful! I find it where ever i can these days...saving up for the semi annual sale lol

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

um...I didn't find this fragrance to be that great. I guess it's just me. My mother-in-law loves it. It just didn't leave ME or my husband breathless. Too bad.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I always thought of this scent as a fizzy orange flower.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

very flowery and thick. behind the flowers, there is a sweetness and a citrus but it does not cause the scent to be fresh. more interesting than a lot of victorias secrets and probably good for the office.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

I dont even know how to describe this scent its just intoxicating<3
i love it!!! its like no other

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I have the perfume and the bodywash and I can tolerate the perfume but the bodywash smells to soapy on my skin... it's an odd fragrance that I'm not really that fond of but do wear upon occassion.

Breathless by Victoria`s Secret 3.92 out of 5 based on 162 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Breathless fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Breathless, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Breathless by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Breathless by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.