Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women

Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Dream Angels Halo Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Dream Angels Halo by Victoria`s Secret is a Floral fragrance for women. Dream Angels Halo was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Ilias Ermenidis. Top notes are poinsettia, fig leaf, freesia and tiare flower; middle notes are orchid, pepper and vanilla; base note is sandalwood.

Poinsettia Fig Leaf Freesia Tiare Flower

Orchid Pepper Vanilla

Sandalwood

Dream Angels Halo Fragrance Reviews

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

An old favorite this fragrance is like Christmas in July!!! I love the powdery freesia sweetness and sandalwood dry down. Its very classy and lovely. I have received compliments on it and hope Victoria's secret continues to bring it back for their sales. Its wonderful.

papergurl
papergurl

Out with a friend, doing an exchange at VS and there in front of me was one of my top VS fragrance favorites at 40% off. I have a one ounce that I ration. Always compliments when I wear it and I have nothing else in my collection like it. It is green and fresh, yet floral. The fresia is so nice in this one. Halo smells more expensive and quality, and you may not smell it on yourself, but others will. Don't do a heavy hand with this one. It really is lovely. I find it interesting they brought it back right now, as it is the same nose of Gold, a new celebrity scent. I haven't smelled Gold. I have mentioned before, though, VS used to use some real noses to create some of their scents, like Breathless, which I also love. Breathless was also available today. With a coupon, this and and a couple of others ended up being an after Christmas treat.

Andy2.0lklkl
Andy2.0lklkl

I'm gonna say I love Dream Angels Heavenly so I decided to give this fragrance a try. I was so disappointed, on me this smells awfull, so sharp I was hoping it would get better at the drydown but it only got worse all I smell is this Poinsettia thing and I hate it I don't get the Freesia and this is just not my type of fragrance.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Just bought Dream Angels Halo off of eBay for a steal - I remembered hating this one when I worked there, but my tastes have changed a lot since then, many of the fragrances I used to hate I have come to really enjoy, and I figured I had better give this one another shot before I can't get it anymore.

Sure enough, I am very pleased with the fragrance. I don't get any pepper whatsoever - the opening is fresh and a bit powdery. I can definitely smell the fig leaf, the freesia, and just the lightest hint of sandalwood. I feel like this fragrance will be awesome for fall, though it could probably be worn most of the year (minus really hot, humid days). This one is very different from the rest of the Dream Angels collection. I really like them all, though, and think they all have a special place and time for use. I am glad I got my hands on this one :)

pisces3774
pisces3774

This was the best of the Dream Angels collection. Sad that they discontinued it, it probably didn't fit with the rest of the tarty, sweet, fruity cupcake fragrances they sell.

Clicquot
Clicquot

An acquaintance was doing some spring cleaning, and gave me a couple of her perfume castoffs; Halo was one of them. It took me a while to get around to trying it, because I didn't expect to like it. But, it's...nice. Just plain-old nice. To my nose, nothing about it really stands out, good or bad. My boyfriend, on the other hand, LOVES it. Perhaps that's its purpose, and if so, it's a perfect accompaniment to their lingerie.

Very, very powdery on my skin, with a dash of heady sweetness. The pepper only lasts a few minutes, then you have the fig leaf. The sandalwood really comes through on the dry-down, and that's when I like it best. Overall, great longevity. Surprised to read it was discontinued, because it seems like a good everyday fragrance.

alycat
alycat

Sharp and peppery. I had this in a mini-set with Heavenly and Divine, and this was never used past the initial try.

TeaAndRoses
TeaAndRoses

I got box of Dream Angels mini-perfumes for Christmas several years ago. This line is not really my style, and Halo was the only one that I really enjoyed. I smell mostly pepper, and something resembling grapefruit skin. It's fresher and much less powdery than the others in this line, and it lasts most of the day on me and on my clothes.

colorblindlove

@killer_queen: This product has been discontinued for at least 5 months now...I work at VS and this scent was one of the scents that went clearance at the semi-annual sale in June 2012....and if a scent goes on clearance at the semi-annual sale, that usually means that it will not be coming back. Sorry :(

phia143
phia143

I didn't really like any of the Dream Angels angels collection but this one was on sale so I chanced it. Its not bad. Once the alcohol airs out it smells like white floral. It is a very light scent that would be perfect for some or to wear around someone who is sensitive to strong scents.

I sprayed it on at 11am and its now 5pm and I could still lightly smell it on me. But I did spray on a lot of the body splash and used the lotion. Now it smells kind of like a light version of heavenly and powdery. I can't smell the flowers any more.

Seeing poinsettia in this is a nice surprise. My neighbors house had a large out door poinsettia but i don't remember it having a scent.

killer__queen
killer__queen

Ah, forever a classic and personal favorite. On me, it smells soft ("fluffy" as my boyfriend says), clean, and beautiful. Perfect for day time at work and lasts a decent time as well with just a few sprays. Now that it's getting cooler outside, I feel like it smells crisper and even better on me!

This product is definitely still sold in stores, haven't checked online... I hope it stays that way!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I've had this one a while and don't wear it. It is just too floral for me, and too green smelling. I love Heavenly, but I can really see why Halo got discontinued. I really wanted to like it, but unless my tastes take quite a change(and sometimes they do, scent wise)it will remain unused on my dresser. I seriously doubt that my tastes will change enough for me to ever like this. I can't remember, but I'm sure this must have been a blind buy for me just because I liked Heavenly so much. I know if I'd have smelled it first I'd have run the other way.

goldennotion
goldennotion

Body chemistry must really be something because what some of these reviews are saying they smell...like cat pee...is something I never ever detected. The scent on my skin is a fresher, greener version of Divine on my skin. It is powdery yet with a green fresh. It smells sophisticated and I love this scent. I don't detect chemicals or cat piss on my skin...just loveliness.

Andorra

Yes, I also bought my bottle last December, but found that early this year it was no longer sold online. I wrote Victoria's Secret asking them about it and they then told me that it was being discontinued. I let them know I was a fan hoping they will change their minds and start selling it again soon. I'm guessing there may still be a few bottles left in some stores, but unfortunately I am abroad and cannot go to a store to check.

Nicolee
Nicolee

Per the comment below...I just picked a new bottle in December (2011)??? Love this scent, very powdery to me

Andorra

This fragrance is no longer sold. I find it a real shame. It was relaunched a few months ago but sadly for a limited time only. Luckily I got my bottle in time. Apparently Heavenly sells a lot better than this one and it doesn't pay to keep it on the market for the few of us who like it.

I absolutely love this fragrance. Perhaps it's only for sentimental reasons, as it reminds me of my college days. I would call it a Winter scent. It's the kind of fragrance that makes me think of light snowflakes falling on wet ground. I haven't found any other fragrance that includes the same notes or smells even remotely like it.

The scent is warm and green at the same time. Rare indeed. It's soft, almost a whisper, but oh so there. I think the name fits the fragrance as it does seem otherworldly. However, don't be fooled. It is absolutely sexy, not an innocent scent at all.

I was disappointed at the packaging and the bottle designed for its latest relaunch. I found the bottle to be of poor quality. The letters on the bottle came right off at the slightest touch and the packaging made it look like a child's fragrance.

Then again the perfume itself is one of my favorites and continues to conjure sweet moments of the past, so I really don't care if the bottle and box are pretty or not.

I do hope this is brought back. Some of us really miss this lovely fragrance.

ilikeperfume
ilikeperfume

Tried to like this due to the fact that it was being sold for 75 percent off at the semi annual sale. But i can see why they're practically giving it away it smells like laundry detergent and not in a good way. It doesnt smell like that nice, fresh detergent it smells like pine sol or bleach and whoever sad cat piss was right on the money

jane.rome
jane.rome

Got the body lotion for Christmas from dh. He loves it, says it smells like boobies, whatever that means! To me it smells like all the other Dream Angels stuff. Powdery, nothing extraordinary. Nice after a soak in the tub before bed.

colorblindlove

Not to be mean but this is like an old lady scent with rubbing alcohol or some really sharp scent added in. I don't like this at all!

Violet Pansy
Violet Pansy

To me this is a very powdery scent mixed with sour smell of fresh cut grass and different herbs. Pretty extraordinary fragrance. I like it.

Blessed
Blessed

I don't really like it because I doesn't last very long and to me when i smell it makes me think of a big white fluffy and powdery cloud of dust that does not let me breath. I use it as a room spray and I have to reaply it a lot cuz by the second hour you can't smell it anymore.
Cheap choice

Kiyenna
Kiyenna

I really wanted to like this. There's something delicate and lovely about Halo that reminds me of the way the pretty ladies I hoped to grow up to be like smelled when I was a kid. But then this strange veil of cat pee scent is always present. I was hoping it would go away with the dry down, but it doesn't smell much different as time goes on other than fading out. It lasts about 4 hours.

Glad I found my bottle in someone's trash. No loss to me.

Victoria's Secret DREAM ANGELS HALO is more of greenish-herbal than a floral fragrance to my nose. I would have guessed baies roses and angelica, in fact. We used to have poinsettas around our house every Christmas, but I cannot say that I retain a distinct memory of what they smell like. Perhaps like angelica and baies roses?

Anyway, HALO is a refreshing herbal composition: linear and clean and perfect for spring. There are plenty of pink pepper frags around, but what I like about this one is that the pink pepper note does not expand to overwhelm, as so often happens in the perfumes in which it plays a central role, making them unwearable by me. The pink pepper really stays under control in HALO, which offers a refreshing change of pace from the deluge of soapy-clean fragrances currently on the market.

I like this simple, natural-smelling linear creation and can see why it was re-launched after having been discontinued. HALO is not a masterpiece by any means, but it is a likeable composition.

larali
larali

Not being a seasoned perfume reviewer, all I can say is, eh... blah. Clean smell for summer or spring. That is all.

Coming back later to add this. My 4 year old stole this from me and has been wearing it. It smells gorgeous on her! Go figure.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

On my skin, the opening reminds me of Sand & Sable by Coty! Both are quite yummy. That says a lot since I'm not a Floral type.

I smell florals, green stems, vanilla, and dash of pepper. It's clean, refreshing, and bright. Yet there warm elements that make it sexy, even for a summer day or a night out. There is also a salty, seafoam, mist smell that reminds me of waves crashing on the shore. Because of that, I think this one will be coming with me on my next beach trip. Glad I have it again.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

The 1 OZ EDP Is currently on clearance at my VS. Me being a coupon-whore, I had a coupon which enabled me to get this for a steal. When I first came in the store and tried it all I smelled was a pine-like grass scent! YACK. "Who the heck wants to smell like pine grass" I thought, and with an attitude I left the store.

I'm driving home when I decide to smell my wrist and O.M.G. what I smelled was marvelous. I got a soft, clean soapy-sandalwood scent that was very innocent, cute, but strikingly sexy. It stayed on my mind for a few days until I decided I couldn't take it anymore and I came back for it. I'm so glad I did. In fact, I purchased 2 of them.

The scent is very light but it has a nice lasting power to it. Very clean, light and soapy but not in a harsh way. As I noted above, when you first spray it you will get a strict pine/grass scent, but give it 5-10 minutes to do "it's thing." sillage is decent since it seems to cling to my skin. Lasting power I can't comment on but it has lasted through 2 hand washes so far :)

I see myself wearing this all seasons. Especially on the chilly autumn days when I'm wearing my Uggs a Pink hoodie and some sweats :)

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Out of this World is the only way too describe this..Blissfull and sexy.I always got complimented on this..Was really upset when they discontinued it.It smell way better than any of the perfuems they have out now.This is a perfuem I defenitly miss.I bout a bottle of it on Amazon,it smell like it but it didn't have that realness too it,Was kinda watered down (bad seller).I really hope they would bring it back.I'd be the first in line.This is another heaven in a bottle.

Fragaria
Fragaria

The first time I caught a whiff of this was in a school, something smelled fantastic and no one was around. When the woman way down the hallway got into my room I knew it was HER. The scent wasn't a bit stronger standing right next to me than it was down the hallway. It's the most alluring scent and it's ALL over but very subtle no matter if your next to the person or a block away! Scrumptious scent!

LoveLy
LoveLy

i didnt really like this one..in the air it smelled ehh...forgettable but then on my skin..it smelled like pencil shavings(? yeah that's what i said too).. didn't like it at all but for those who do like it..it last quite long.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

OMG!!! Are they really bringing this back? I am toooo excited and yes I will be purchasing this ASAP!!!!

danimcneil
danimcneil

this has always been my favorite of all the dream angels. unfortunately they atopped making it. but the other day i went in to VS, and they had it out! they said that they were bringing it back for a short time! my old 3.4 oz bottle broke, so i poured the rest of the juice into a big unscented lotion that i had, and its great. this scent is so balmy and tropical in a very different way. not tropical in your fruity/coconut way, but in a way that you can imagine hiking through a jungle in a rainstorm. Big, balmy wet flowers in warm weather is what this smells like. i get so many compliments when i wear this. Halo is so different from all the other Dream angle scents.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

sniffed it in the store and injured my nasal passages.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I don't like it, it's got a kind of nasty sharpness to it. It does get better after it fades a little, but I't not for me.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

Love this fragrance! It's definitely the most sophisticated Dream Angels fragrance, in my opinion. I would describe this fragrance as deep and spicy with a soft, powdery finish. It isn't something I'd wear all of the time, but I think it is perfect during the colder months or for a nice night out.

Dream Angels Halo by Victoria`s Secret 3.62 out of 5 based on 193 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Dream Angels Halo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Dream Angels Halo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dream Angels Halo by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dream Angels Halo by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.